Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio
Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 16th, 2013, 03:54 PM
Menma
Unhatched Egg

Advertise here
Hey, it's been awhile (19Rayzen96 from youtube) since I've commented. This hack has always been phenomenal, yet it just keeps on getting better. Definitely worth the year long wait as you've completed many of the features I've been waiting for and have even added new ones. The RPG elements are making the game feel much fuller and complex - even considering it remains a strict gen 2 Pokemon game.

This hack - although incomplete - is my favorite hack alongside Brown. I'm consistently amazed with each video release and beta release as to how much potential Pokemon Gold and Silver had/have. I'll undoubtedly be creeping around for updates daily until the next release! Seriously, Miksy, fantastic job!

*Spoiler*
The running shoes make the pace much better, but I can't help but use the spaceboost (I speed read lol) XD I made my way to the Forgotten Cavern looking for the orbs and other secrets only to come across the lingering spirit. He says that I was unable to reach the cavern in time and therefore cannot be a "Master". Is this similar to the FF9 Excalibur 2 quest where you must complete the game under 12 hours?
*Spoiler*
Old June 16th, 2013, 11:53 PM
Pokefanbabu
Unhatched Egg

miksy91 plz attach jar file as well so that mobile users can also play this beta like me
Old June 17th, 2013, 12:32 AM
aka4794
Will-o'-the-wisp

Nature: Naughty
Ok, I found some glitch.
Prof. Joke said
Spoiler:
imageshack[dot]us/a/img189/653/e0wy[dot]png
But player got Totodile, right?

And this Goon
Spoiler:
imageshack[dot]us/a/img607/5071/5my[dot]png
He should say "battle"

Quote:
Originally Posted by miksy91 View Post
So if you ran into less than 175 pokemon by the time you found two shinies, you had more luck than an average player.
Well, I found shiny Bellsprout, Golbat, two Gravelers and Grimer. I'm looking for shiny Onix but I can't found it

(I can't post urls yet...)
Sorry for my horribe English ^.^'

Support for:
Old June 17th, 2013, 01:09 AM
miksy91
A GB/C Rom Hacker since 2010

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJBottomz View Post
Okay, so I tried out the Simulator after your recommendation and was purely amazed. It's definitely much, much better than grinding in the wild, and the instant heal afterwards saves a lot of time. I earned enough BP to get a Magby, and it totaled the second gym xD Pure amazing, and Fire Punch on it is super powerful.
Glad to hear you're liking it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menma View Post
Hey, it's been awhile (19Rayzen96 from youtube) since I've commented. This hack has always been phenomenal, yet it just keeps on getting better. Definitely worth the year long wait as you've completed many of the features I've been waiting for and have even added new ones. The RPG elements are making the game feel much fuller and complex - even considering it remains a strict gen 2 Pokemon game.

This hack - although incomplete - is my favorite hack alongside Brown. I'm consistently amazed with each video release and beta release as to how much potential Pokemon Gold and Silver had/have. I'll undoubtedly be creeping around for updates daily until the next release! Seriously, Miksy, fantastic job!
Thanks for the comment! I'm used to hearing positive feedback from you, but not this positive, hahha :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menma View Post
The running shoes make the pace much better, but I can't help but use the spaceboost (I speed read lol) XD I made my way to the Forgotten Cavern looking for the orbs and other secrets only to come across the lingering spirit. He says that I was unable to reach the cavern in time and therefore cannot be a "Master". Is this similar to the FF9 Excalibur 2 quest where you must complete the game under 12 hours?
Spoiler:
You got one thing right - it is similar to how Excalibur II is gotten in FF9 (and that's where the idea came from as well). However, the implementation is far from as "cruel" than it is in FF9. There is definitely a time limit, but you can "get around" it.
Not gonna spoil how though

You'll find out eventually yourself though since it's not hard to do at all.

P.S
You can get Spoiler tags by using [*Spoiler] insert text data here... [*/Spoiler] without the two *s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokefanbabu View Post
miksy91 plz attach jar file as well so that mobile users can also play this beta like me
Can't do that since that would be the exact same thing as sharing straight .gbc rom file of the hack. Because most of the coding is copyrighted by Gamefreak, I'm not gonna do that.

However, I know that some people have already shared this hack in mobile jar-format already. Google search might help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka4794 View Post
Ok, I found some glitch.
Prof. Joke said
Spoiler:
imageshack[dot]us/a/img189/653/e0wy[dot]png
But player got Totodile, right?

And this Goon
Spoiler:
imageshack[dot]us/a/img607/5071/5my[dot]png
He should say "battle"

Well, I found shiny Bellsprout, Golbat, two Gravelers and Grimer. I'm looking for shiny Onix but I can't found it

(I can't post urls yet...)
The first one is something I replied to yesterday as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miksy91
That's actually not an error but something I added in as one of the "last minute" add-ons during this week. What's the idea is to make professor Joke even more stupid than he is.

What happens in the cutscene is that the boy who says "I got to choose first!" was supposed to get a pokemon while the player and Roland end up in the lab due to that jerk sailor. Prof. Joke knows only one person should have begun his journey that day but due to his sillyness, he ends up giving you and Roland a pokemon too. And after Roland picks his own one, Prof. Joke is even "excited" about you getting your first pokemon too;
"It's your turn! Go and get the one that's still left!"

And after you've gotten Totodile, Joke mistakes that ball for Chikorita that was in the other pokeball. That's no way self-explanotary, that's true, but something I felt like dropping in.
Second one could be fixed for next release though. And I know it's spelled "battle" of course. But even though I "triple tested" the hack, it's easily to leave some text errors unnoticed.
My Rom Hack

Hacks I support

Learn how to hack GB/C games:

Check my GameBoy/Color hacking videos in Youtube
-The video set uses Pokemon Silver (U) rom for demonstrations
Old June 17th, 2013, 01:54 AM
XSky RiderX
'That Guy'

Awesome hack. I played through 3.1 awhile ago, and was glad to see the day 4.0 was released.

(I think) I have finished most of 4.0. I've accomplished 4/7 side quests(can't seem to find much more, but I assume all 7 are feasible to complete), found 3 of the elemental orbs, caught quite a collection of interesting Pokemon, and have seen an abundance of neat things and features.

My question is, are all 5 elemental orbs achievable in this 4.0 beta?
Old June 17th, 2013, 03:56 AM
miksy91

Quote:
Originally Posted by XSky RiderX View Post
Awesome hack. I played through 3.1 awhile ago, and was glad to see the day 4.0 was released.

(I think) I have finished most of 4.0. I've accomplished 4/7 side quests(can't seem to find much more, but I assume all 7 are feasible to complete), found 3 of the elemental orbs, caught quite a collection of interesting Pokemon, and have seen an abundance of neat things and features.

My question is, are all 5 elemental orbs achievable in this 4.0 beta?
Yeah, there are definitely 7 sidequests you can finish. Though one of them is something that "cannot" be finished without emulating the game at high speeds.
Also, like I wrote in the ReadMe, you can unlock something by at least finishing 5 sidequests.

What comes to other things, you've certainly found all the Elemental Orbs and you won't get your hands on all 5 of them in the final version either (since I've something else in mind).
But anyways, glad to hear you liked the hack!
My Rom Hack

Hacks I support

Old June 17th, 2013, 04:09 AM
G_Sylar

Awesome hack, I've been searching for something like this to remember the old days.

I like the automatic repels, the modified shiny ratio (bought a shiny Magmar, found a shiny Swinub and after some resets, a shiny Charmander), and of course the new pokecenter training battles - although I hoped for completely random trainers every time.

Keep up the great work.
FC: 0705-3282-7058
Bug Safari (Masquerain, Heracross, Combee). Plus, pokerus available.

X Shinies
Old June 17th, 2013, 06:11 AM
aka4794
Will-o'-the-wisp

Door password in Argent Warehouse should be entered in special way? I tried several times but game said me "Wrong!".

Anyway, I love new overworld sprites for pokemons, especially eeveelutions. And all other things - imo the best 2nd gen hack .

Support for:
Old June 17th, 2013, 08:17 AM
CrystalMarina

Nature: Quiet
This hack keeps looking better and better :D
To catch them is my real test, to train them is my cause.
Old June 17th, 2013, 11:35 AM
DKgopackgo
Sub on YT! DKgopackgaming! :)

Mine isn't playing in color. What should I do?
Aside from that (probably my own error anyways), hack looks great
Old June 17th, 2013, 02:12 PM
miksy91

Quote:
Originally Posted by G_Sylar View Post
Awesome hack, I've been searching for something like this to remember the old days.

I like the automatic repels, the modified shiny ratio (bought a shiny Magmar, found a shiny Swinub and after some resets, a shiny Charmander), and of course the new pokecenter training battles - although I hoped for completely random trainers every time.

Keep up the great work.
Thanks! I might be able to change the training battles to be more random if I wanted to.
That would require some additional coding but other than that, re-planning how some parts of battle simulator work. I don't think I'm gonna do that though.

Quote:
Door password in Argent Warehouse should be entered in special way? I tried several times but game said me "Wrong!".
As long as you have the right password,
Spoiler:
, and click the numbers in that order one by one, it should notify "Code deciphered".

Thanks for lots of new overworld sprites (for instance, Eevee and its evolution sprites) go to BlueEmerald but some sprites are also by Solar.

Quote:
And all other things - imo the best 2nd gen hack ;).
Thank you! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalMarina View Post
This hack keeps looking better and better :D
Thanks! Been improving lots of stuff from what they used to be, so you definitely got that right. ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKgopackgo View Post
Mine isn't playing in color. What should I do?
You're most likely using "wrong" emulation settings that make the hack look like what it is when played on normal Gameboy. So open your emulator and try to adjust the color settings from there. If you can't do anything about it, it's also possible your emulator doesn't support colors but most Gameboy emulators do so I doubt it.

Quote:
Aside from that (probably my own error anyways), hack looks great :)
Thanks!
My Rom Hack

Hacks I support

Old June 17th, 2013, 05:05 PM
Nick the Trainer

Haha, not to go back to beta 3.1, but i was wondering if there might possibly be a hint on how to find the flareon page? I have the others and have retraced (seemingly) the whole map multiple times and can't find it. I was trying to find it before i started 4 to figure out what to do with my eevee
Old June 17th, 2013, 05:50 PM
DKgopackgo
Sub on YT! DKgopackgaming! :)

Thanks! I had tried that earlier, but I think I didn't reset the ROM after I tried it.
Subscribe on YouTube! I do LP's of Pokémon and more!
Old June 17th, 2013, 07:38 PM
Awkward.
#britanna

Nature: Sassy
Okay, so I played around some more with the battle simulator on Mediocre level and came across two overpowered Pokemon.

Kadabra (uses Psybeam) - Psybeam is entirely too powerful, especially at that level. It kills basically anything in two hits.

Hitmontop (uses Focus Energy / Rolling Kick) - An incredibly deadly combination. I can only get around it by putting it to sleep and Razor Leaf-ing it to death with Ivysaur. Rolling Kick is too powerful at the Mediocre level, especially after a boost @_@

I'd definitely recommend changing these, because it makes it hard to train with those two running around.
at some point I must have liked that you look like a taco addict who's had one too many back alley liposuctions

Old June 17th, 2013, 09:39 PM
jwibagi
Finally Hacking Again, Slowly

Quote:
Darn it... I've seemingly not made it clear everyone should go training to the Battle Room instead of grinding against wilds in the bushes (when grinding is needed).
Since our usual way of talking isn't working, I'll try to help around here.
If you remember the Bill event in Ecruteak City's PokeCenter, you might know what I am about to suggest: why not have an informant come upto you and talk to you about the Battle Simulators the first time you enter The Capital's PokeCenter? That way, finding about the Battle Simulator is required, direct, and very obvious.

Quote:
Okay, so I played around some more with the battle simulator on Mediocre level and came across two overpowered Pokemon.

I'd definitely recommend changing these, because it makes it hard to train with those two running around.
I have similar experiences, and I definitely agree that they are overpowered. Yet I don't advocate changing them for these reasons:
  • Battle Simulators should help you train, but shouldn't be a total replacement of battling normal trainers.
  • If Battle Simulators were helpful for every level group it would take out the fun of battling trainers as well. Personally, I accidentally overtained my Pokemon using Battle Simulators on VBA 3000% and the trainer battles got really boring and pointless.

By the way, Miksy91, I'm at Milky Village right now. So far, I really like the updates you put in.
My progress was bit stalled by the fact that I accidentally corrupted the save file on the Flash Cart the first time I played, and just used VBA to catch up.
It was definitely worth the wait, and by the looks of the comments, people love your hack - don't give up ever!
Dude, Where's My Pokemon?
A short adventure to retrieve a stolen Pokemon.
This hack is a work in progress - spriters are welcome to help.
Old June 18th, 2013, 03:40 AM
aka4794
Will-o'-the-wisp

Quote:
As long as you have the right password, and click the numbers in that order one by one, it should notify "Code deciphered".
I restarted my Android phone and tried once again. It works . Not sure if it was my mistake (entering password incorrectly) or GBCoid error...

And once again I have one question
Spoiler:
Ho-oh is shiny always when someone encounter it, or I'm lucky guy?

I'm a bit confused, I finished 4 subquests an idk what should I do next xD.

Support for:

Last edited by aka4794; June 18th, 2013 at 04:29 AM.
Old June 18th, 2013, 04:53 AM
miksy91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick the Trainer View Post
Haha, not to go back to beta 3.1, but i was wondering if there might possibly be a hint on how to find the flareon page? I have the others and have retraced (seemingly) the whole map multiple times and can't find it. I was trying to find it before i started 4 to figure out what to do with my eevee
Spoiler:
You probably left it accidentally in your PC when Neal gave it to you, or you're possibly missing the page from the locked house in Western Lake. It's inside the drawer.

My personal suggestion would be simply evolving to the upper-form which "fits" to the team at first and think about changing it later.

Quote:
Thanks! I had tried that earlier, but I think I didn't reset the ROM after I tried it.
Okay, good to hear you got it working.

Quote:

Kadabra (uses Psybeam) - Psybeam is entirely too powerful, especially at that level. It kills basically anything in two hits.

Hitmontop (uses Focus Energy / Rolling Kick) - An incredibly deadly combination. I can only get around it by putting it to sleep and Razor Leaf-ing it to death with Ivysaur. Rolling Kick is too powerful at the Mediocre level, especially after a boost @_@

It's just like jwibagi explained. Battle Simulator is only for grinding when needed and it's not supposed to be easy to gain levels just like that. In fact, you shouldn't need training with Mediocre mode until facing Arnold and at that point, that Kadabra shouldn't be that bad.

However, it's still not a bad thing if you accidentally lose since only a little amount of money is lost in the process. Normally you'd lose half of your money, but that's reduced to something a bit less than 1/16.

Anyway, all the training modes have their weak and strong "parts". There are 5 different trainers in each mode of which one is picked up randomly for the fight. One of the possible simulations has pokemon that are close to the average level, and then again, there are two below that and two whose pokemon are tougher.

And I think it works just fine as it is. After all, I didn't intend to make it so you could win every single opponent just like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwibagi View Post
Since our usual way of talking isn't working, I'll try to help around here.
If you remember the Bill event in Ecruteak City's PokeCenter, you might know what I am about to suggest: why not have an informant come upto you and talk to you about the Battle Simulators the first time you enter The Capital's PokeCenter? That way, finding about the Battle Simulator is required, direct, and very obvious.
Huh? Why didn't I think of that?
Sure, implementing that in the game could be a good way to solve the issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwibagi View Post
By the way, Miksy91, I'm at Milky Village right now. So far, I really like the updates you put in.
My progress was bit stalled by the fact that I accidentally corrupted the save file on the Flash Cart the first time I played, and just used VBA to catch up.
It was definitely worth the wait, and by the looks of the comments, people love your hack - don't give up ever!
Thanks! I guess I've no choice but to continue then, hahha!

Quote:
I restarted my Android phone and tried once again. It works . Not sure if it was my mistake (entering password incorrectly) or GBCoid error...

And once again I have one question
Spoiler:
Ho-oh is shiny always when someone encounter it, or I'm lucky guy?

I'm a bit confused, I finished 4 subquests an idk what should I do next xD.
Spoiler:
No, you didn't get lucky there.

Well there are certainly three more sidequests you can finish. If you want help with them, feel free to ask.
Also, would be helpful to know which sidequests you've done this far.
My Rom Hack

Hacks I support

Old June 18th, 2013, 05:14 AM
aka4794
Will-o'-the-wisp

Quote:
Spoiler:
No, you didn't get lucky there.
Spoiler:
I'm so... sad that it's not my luck xD

Quote:
Also, would be helpful to know which sidequests you've done this far.
Spoiler:
I found briefcase in Abadoned Research Center, all pages, catched 4 legendary birds and Super Onix .

Btw. What is chance to catch Super Onix? Same as legendary pokemons? I tried over half hour using quick save/quick load and finally catched it.

Support for:
Old June 18th, 2013, 08:42 AM
Mr_Vu

Managed 6 side-quests, but I don't know what to do now, nor what was unlocked at the 5th.
Spoiler:
Found all the pages, caught the 3 legendary birds, got the briefcase back, got the spirit-girl (I don't remember her name), caught super onix, and won twice in the sage tower.

Amazing hack by the way.
Old June 18th, 2013, 02:32 PM
miksy91

Quote:
Btw. What is chance to catch Super Onix? Same as legendary pokemons? I tried over half hour using quick save/quick load and finally catched it.
Mr_Vu answered your other question pretty much already (although probably not intentionally). I'll give rest of the info here.

The catch rate of Super Onix is probably a bit smaller than that for the legendary birds (in other words, catching it is a bit more difficult). I don't remember the exact value and don't have a tool to check it out just like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Vu View Post
Managed 6 side-quests, but I don't know what to do now, nor what was unlocked at the 5th.
You're missing one, and absolutely the most ridiculous, sidequest. That's "King of the Sea" sidequest. In other words, you've gotta become a better magikarp trainer than Fisherman Dustin. If you want to complete that too (although that's totally optional and won't even serve for any good purpose), have "fun"! :D

What was unlocked at fifth you say?
Spoiler:
Try visiting the upstairs of any pokecenter and go talking to people around there.

Quote:
Amazing hack by the way.
Thanks
My Rom Hack

Hacks I support

Old June 18th, 2013, 02:41 PM
jstolze

Is HM Cut Necessary to get through the storyline? I taught it to Umbreon (for whatever reason it can learn Cut)

Also, I beat the sage tower right after I beat Team Darkness Leader for the second time. I barely won (only two PKMN left by the end of the fight)

Thank god for all that grinding.
Old June 18th, 2013, 02:48 PM
miksy91

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstolze View Post
Is HM Cut Necessary to get through the storyline? I taught it to Umbreon (for whatever reason it can learn Cut)
No idea how that kind of an error has popped up...
Anyways, I'll be fixing that for further releases.

I don't think you'll be needing Cut in the game though. If you do, you can just return to PC to grab your "cutter" there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstolze View Post
Also, I beat the sage tower right after I beat Team Darkness Leader for the second time. I barely won (only two PKMN left by the end of the fight)

Thank god for all that grinding.
Yeah, that battle can be difficult if you don't have real type advantage.
My Rom Hack

Hacks I support

Old June 19th, 2013, 03:26 AM
aka4794
Will-o'-the-wisp

Ok, I found other two quest without help. But I didn't know what I missed... Now I know
Quote:
That's "King of the Sea" sidequest.
This quest with time limit is awesome. And has cool reward .

And this Battle Simulator, I really like it.

Support for:
Old June 19th, 2013, 06:58 AM
Mr_Vu

Quote:
What was unlocked at fifth you say?
Spoiler:
Try visiting the upstairs of any pokecenter and go talking to people around there.
Oh... my... god... too hard, managed to beat one with a lot of quick saves/loads, but when you rely on the chance the opponent's first pokemon will miss and get frozen solid, you know you're not ready.
Old June 19th, 2013, 07:16 AM
aka4794
Will-o'-the-wisp

Quote:
Oh... my... god... too hard(...)
I used my Alakazam level... erm... probably 65 or 70 (I forgot). His Psychic + Future Sight is practically undefeatable (I use Future Sight to beat Dark Type pokemons). I won all .

Support for:
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here