Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 28th, 2013 (12:35 AM).
aka4794
Will-o'-the-wisp

Nature: Naughty
Quote originally posted by Mattysoxfan:
i haven't seen anything related to how many pokemon are obtainable in this game. It looks cool and i'd like to try it. any 4th or 5th generation pokemon?
Only 1st and 2nd gen. I didn't find any data of the next gens .

I think I'm the good spirit of this thread .

Support for:
Old June 28th, 2013 (09:37 AM).
miksy91
A GB/C Rom Hacker since 2010

Nature: Relaxed
Quote originally posted by shomoher:
2. What is the purpose of the Sacred Woods and the Mystery Woods? Can you do something with them in the current beta?
They're introduced in the game already since I think it makes more sense to have them accessable than blocking them for no reason. But you can't do anything in either one of them yet - they'll only have a a purpose in following releases of the hack.

3. Is Mew/Celebi obtainable? If yes, how?
Mew certainly is, Celebi is not. Celebi should be obtainable in later releases along with some other legendaries unobtainable at this point.

I think thats all... I must say this hack was incredibly fun~!
Thanks!

Quote originally posted by aka4794:
I started to remake my Gold's pokemon palette patch (I didn't relase it, it's just for my own use) for Dark Future. Some original palette make me sick . Here is some sample if someone is interested [left - original, right -edited].
Hey, those re-colored sprites look pretty good. I like the palette edits which you've done to Charizard, but others too (although like in this case, Suicune and Raikou won't make an appearance in the current release).

Anyway, what are you doing exactly? Inserting new sprites into the rom with AgiXp? Or hex editing the palettes manually which would make it less likely to do stuff wrong?
Well, I guess it wouldn't matter much (, or at all), but I think I could make use of several re-colored sprites you've made. Of course, there is still the "unnecessary edit" aspect in modifying data that doesn't necessarily have to be modified and what people can critisize of. But as long as the re-colored sprites look good, and if I also think they're better than the original ones, I could input them in the game (been judging everything else in the hack on my own too...).

But yeah, it'd be easy to do that since all I had to do would be copy pasting a data set containing info about the palettes used for each pokemon.

Quote originally posted by Mattysoxfan:
i haven't seen anything related to how many pokemon are obtainable in this game. It looks cool and i'd like to try it. any 4th or 5th generation pokemon?
Most pokemon will eventually be obtainable in the final release, not every pokemon is available though. And they're all from Gen I and II - there is really no point inserting pokemon from further gens since at the moment, we have already generations III, IV and V. Gen VI is just coming (, insn't it?), and who knows how many more gens are yet to come.

If I input several pokemon from further gens to the hack, ten years from now on kids would be requesting pokemon from gen X anyway.

But yeah, go and try out the hack. It's probably better than you might guess (which is true.).

I think I'm the good spirit of this thread .
So... like some other good spirit we know about?

Spoiler:

Learn how to hack GB/C games:

Check my GameBoy/Color hacking videos in Youtube
-The video set uses Pokemon Silver (U) rom for demonstrations
Old June 28th, 2013 (05:03 PM).
DarkXyz

1. How do i make space in my party for that women in the forgotten cave
2. I can find zapdos because i don't believe i followed it when i first got to area 110 so no matter how many times i talk to the girl who claims she saw one, zapdos is no where to be found, hence i cant lure him into the abandon research center and finish the bird sidequest
3. How in the hell am i suppose to beat a level 99 magikarp
Old June 29th, 2013 (03:32 AM). Edited June 29th, 2013 by czen29.
czen29

how can i find zapdos ? waaah need help .. hehe 2 more sidequests left

and where is that so called Magikarp trainer ??

Quote originally posted by DarkXyz:
1. How do i make space in my party for that women in the forgotten cave
go to the forgotten cave with 5 pokemon or less
Old June 29th, 2013 (05:05 AM).
k6666

just want ask is it okay if i beat issac in first Try ?
and pls tell me the location of the side quest , just the location don't need to go to detail
Old June 29th, 2013 (06:04 AM). Edited June 29th, 2013 by DarkXyz.
DarkXyz

[QUOTE=czen29;7717655]how can i find zapdos ? waaah need help .. hehe 2 more sidequests left

and where is that so called Magikarp trainer ??

Magikarp man is in area 111 next to argent warehouse

And i just finished 5 sidequest, who is the certain someone i talk to in order to unlock the certain something
Old June 29th, 2013 (06:12 AM). Edited June 29th, 2013 by aka4794.
aka4794
Will-o'-the-wisp

Quote originally posted by miksy91:
Or hex editing the palettes manually which would make it less likely to do stuff wrong?
In fact, I use tool called PGP Changer - I'm not sure my skill in hex editing .
And, I don't touch Super Onix's palette now. I'm not sure if you want..

Quote:
But yeah, it'd be easy to do that since all I had to do would be copy pasting a data set containing info about the palettes used for each pokemon.
When I'm done I'll send you ips file.

Quote:
So... like some other good spirit we know about?

Spoiler:

I think I'm something similar

Support for:
Old June 30th, 2013 (05:48 AM).
markcuyugan

Hello @miksy91. I'm your Filipino fan. I'm a newbie member here in this forum. I played your Dark energy hack and this is the BEST Hack Games I've ever played. I played it on my Sony Ericsson K660i. I have many question here:

1. How can I catch Zapdos in Argent Warehouse? It almost back and back in its 3 places there.
2. Where can I find Mew, Lugia, Raikou, Entei, Suicune?
3. I finished 4 sidequest and my last on it is battled the Sages Again. What is the next?
4. In the cavern basement in the house on Yellowleaf Town, what can I do of what the voice there said?
5. Can I battled the Granaldo gym leader? because Raven was lost by the Captain of Team Darkness.
6. When I saw some post here about a person that we will talk and what about its unlock?
7. How many Elemental Orbs here?
And Lastly;

WHEN YOU WILL RELEASE THE FINAL VERSION OF DARK ENERGY?
Old June 30th, 2013 (01:06 PM). Edited June 30th, 2013 by miksy91.
miksy91

@Zapdos
Spoiler:
You can run into it in Area 110 by checking a certain obvious spot on the left side of the map.

How in the hell am i suppose to beat a level 99 magikarp
Use strategy. So in other words, equip it with Leftovers or Pink Bow and start using Flail over and over again. When you get low on HP (under 70 or so that the enemy can kill you with Bite), use a Moomoo Milk/Hyper Potion.

And i just finished 5 sidequest, who is the certain someone i talk to in order to unlock the certain something
Check the Battle Simulator room.

In fact, I use tool called PGP Changer - I'm not sure my skill in hex editing .
And, I don't touch Super Onix's palette now. I'm not sure if you want..
Okay, gotcha. You can change any palettes you like but I may only end up using some changes and not all.

When I'm done I'll send you ips file.
A straight rom file would be better since that way, it's more likely nothing goes wrong when I start transfering the changes over to the rom file I'm working with.

And yeah, I'm used to people thinking the way they feel it'd be convenient, but I usually choose some opposite way to go for solving the problem (since that works better once you've gotten the hang of the aspect of what you're doing exactly) :D

But yeah... it's true. Applying the changes of a ips-file you'd make might cause bad things to happen, so I'll rather input everything manually on my own.

Quote originally posted by markcuyugan:
Hello @miksy91. I'm your Filipino fan. I'm a newbie member here in this forum. I played your Dark energy hack and this is the BEST Hack Games I've ever played.
Thank you

1. How can I catch Zapdos in Argent Warehouse? It almost back and back in its 3 places there.
2. Where can I find Mew, Lugia, Raikou, Entei, Suicune?
3. I finished 4 sidequest and my last on it is battled the Sages Again. What is the next?
4. In the cavern basement in the house on Yellowleaf Town, what can I do of what the voice there said?
5. Can I battled the Granaldo gym leader? because Raven was lost by the Captain of Team Darkness.
6. When I saw some post here about a person that we will talk and what about its unlock?
7. How many Elemental Orbs here?
And Lastly;

WHEN YOU WILL RELEASE THE FINAL VERSION OF DARK ENERGY?
1. There is a 10-20% chance for it flying upstairs when it's located in the upper-right corner next to the stairway.
2. Mew can be obtained later in the game once you've first acquired at least 5 pages. Look for more info here in the latest few pages if you need. The other four pokemon you mentioned are not obtainable - Lugia will probably never be.
3. Really depends on what you've done so far. There are three more to be completed (and you can do them in an order of your desire).
4. Reset the in-game clock (or get there until play time reaches 10:00:00)
5. Raven is the last in-game gym leader and he will battle you most likely in beta 5 (if you want). But not yet in beta 4.
6. Answer located in this message. (At least, almost...)
7. There are 3 orbs available in this release (Team Darkness has gotten 1 so "four" to be exact but you can find three).

What comes to final release... dunno. I've planned there to be beta 5 before the final version and I don't know if that one gets ever released either. Rom hacking is a hobby and I like it but there are also lots of other things I like doing. Only time will tell what happens.

If this hack is completed, I'd say that it's probably going to be out in 5 years, maybe even in 2 or 3. But yeah - there's always a possibility I find some other things more important than this and leave hacking life behind. It all started out by it being fun to learn how to code. But now that I know, there's not much keeping me into this expect for it being fun to make a game the way I want it to be.

Old June 30th, 2013 (03:00 PM).
Awkward.
#britanna

Nature: Sassy
Okay. Not totally sure what to do next. Here's everything I think I've accomplished:

Spoiler:
Beat Super Onix quest.
Beat Argent Warehouse quest.
Beat sages.
Fought Zapdos (couldn't catch it >.<)
Got 4 pages.

And now, here's some questions:

Spoiler:
Am I able to save Prof. Oak in this beta?
Where are the other two Elemental Orbs (I found the one in Deep Cavern)?
Where is the Key to the door that leads to the Forgotten Cavern?
What other Legendaries am I able to catch?
What else should I be doing in the game atm?

Loving the game Miks, it's pretty fun! Can't wait to finish what all this beta has to offer. On the next beta, will we have to restart the entire game again? I'd hate to give up my team

Old June 30th, 2013 (11:17 PM).
aka4794
Will-o'-the-wisp

Quote originally posted by miksy91:
Okay, gotcha. You can change any palettes you like but I may only end up using some changes and not all.
Some changes are only cosmetic (e.g I've made some colors lighter or darker and pokemons look better imho).

Quote:
A straight rom file would be better since that way, it's more likely nothing goes wrong when I start transfering the changes over to the rom file I'm working with.
Okay.

Quote originally posted by PJBottomz:
Am I able to save Prof. Oak in this beta?
No.
Quote:
Where are the other two Elemental Orbs (I found the one in Deep Cavern)?
Spoiler:
North star and cave in Granaldo City

Quote:
Where is the Key to the door that leads to the Forgotten Cavern?
Spoiler:
You should find all six pages - Espeon which appear in this book gives you key.

Quote:
What other Legendaries am I able to catch?
Spoiler:
Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Ho-oh, Super Onix and Mew (which is obtainable in some special place

Support for:
Old June 30th, 2013 (11:35 PM).
markcuyugan

@miksy 91, Where can I find Mew? I finished all of the pages in the Magical Book.
Old July 1st, 2013 (03:53 AM).
aka4794
Will-o'-the-wisp

@miksy 91, Where can I find Mew? I finished all of the pages in the Magical Book.
I'm not Miksy but hint for you:
Spoiler:
In cave with Moltres is other. At the end you'll find four rocks. If you activate field at center between rocks, the game will say you what next .

Support for:
Old July 1st, 2013 (05:43 AM).
Falsever
maybe i'll come back

Nature: Jolly
Hey Miksy, good job! At first, I don't interested in GBC hacks.
But I tried this, wow, the GBC hacks are a lot betters than I thought! :3
I enjoyed this hack so much! :3

Best of luck on this hack. :3
Old July 1st, 2013 (10:26 AM).
aka4794
Will-o'-the-wisp

Out of curiosity - did you replace Lugia's sprite (and data) using Super Onix? PGP shows me Super Onix pictures instead of Lugia.

I'm near finish this palette changes. I'm not satisfied with some modifications but I can't make it better .

And it's possible to make more palette for overworld npcs sprites? If I remember correctly, the game has green, red, blue, brown. Imho could be white, violet, yellow, maybe some other to increase diversity .

Support for:
Old July 2nd, 2013 (03:39 AM).
y0r124
EpicTrainer

Miksy, Is there any hint for the last maybe hardest sidequest in the game? You can send it anywhere (if you don't want to spoil :D ) maybe PM

Visit Me Facebook

Goto→

I'm Support these hacks :

Thanks to Banner by to123x
Dark Energy (No Banner)
Old July 2nd, 2013 (06:25 AM). Edited July 2nd, 2013 by trung29.
trung29

I also reach the Granaldo city and i have some questions for you Misky:
1. my box was full when i fought with zapdos so i got away safely. Can i meet zapdos again?And catching zapdos is also a mini-side quest?
2. I played this version on my mobiphone so how can i use the running shoes?
3. You said that there were seven mini-side quests but i can found 2: super onix and briefcase.Can you tell me where i can get others mini side-quests?
4. Two forests: one is near Brightbulb city and one in the east-suden.I dont find anything to do in those forests. Will i wait to the next version beta 5 to find somthing in 2 forests?
5. I only found 4 missing pages. That means there are still 2 missing pages. I remember that one missing pages is in the house on the island at western lake. But i cant find the key to open that door? Where is the key and the last missing pages Misky?

1. my box was full when i fought with zapdos so i got away safely. Can i meet zapdos again?And catching zapdos is also a mini-side quest?
3. You said that there were seven mini-side quests but i can found 2: super onix and briefcase.Can you tell me where i can get others mini side-quests?
4. Two forests: one is near Brightbulb city and one in the east-suden.I dont find anything to do in those forests. Will i wait to the next version beta 5 to find somthing in 2 forests?
5. I only found 4 missing pages. That means there are still 2 missing pages. I remember that one missing pages is in the house on the island at western lake. But i cant find the key to open that door? Where is the key and the last missing pages Misky?

Old July 3rd, 2013 (04:17 AM).
aka4794
Will-o'-the-wisp

I can help .
Quote originally posted by trung29:
B button (look in options which it is).
Quote:
Spoiler:
Pages, Mew, Legendary Birds, Magikarp Trainer and, if I remember correctly, Defeat Sages.

Quote:
Nothing interesting now. Miksy said probably in beta 5 we'll find some interesting thing.
Quote:
Spoiler:
One page has final sage. I forgot where is this key.

Support for:
Old July 3rd, 2013 (04:38 AM).
miksy91

Quote originally posted by PJBottomz:
Loving the game Miks, it's pretty fun! Can't wait to finish what all this beta has to offer. On the next beta, will we have to restart the entire game again? I'd hate to give up my team
Thank you! So far, it's impossible to say whether you can continue with beta 4 save to beta 5 or not. The thing is that I may have to organize where certain data is stored in save ram. If I have to do that, your original save files won't be compatible with beta 5.

Quote originally posted by Rizon:
Hey Miksy, good job! At first, I don't interested in GBC hacks.
But I tried this, wow, the GBC hacks are a lot betters than I thought! :3
I enjoyed this hack so much! :3

Best of luck on this hack. :3
Thanks! Though any GB/C hack can be just as good as an average GBA hack; it could be a lot better, or much worse too of course.

Quote originally posted by y0r124:
Miksy, Is there any hint for the last maybe hardest sidequest in the game? You can send it anywhere (if you don't want to spoil :D ) maybe PM
King of the Sea sidequest? If you're talking about that, get Exp. Share and start training your Magikarp in Grand Tower until it gets to lv60 or so. Or you could train it anywhere else as well of course.

Once you've managed to do that, equip it with Leftovers / Pink Bow and head to challenge Dustin. Use Flail and healing items (Moomoo Milk / Hyper Potion) all the time until you win.

Old July 3rd, 2013 (07:57 AM). Edited July 3rd, 2013 by trung29.
trung29

I can help .
Spoiler:
Pages, Mew, Legendary Birds, Magikarp Trainer and, if I remember correctly, Defeat Sages.

Nothing interesting now. Miksy said probably in beta 5 we'll find some interesting thing.
Spoiler:
What? Fighting with Magikarp trainer and Defeat Sages is also 2 side quests? But i completed all two quests but my side quest is only 4/7: Legendary birds, Super onix,Briefcase,and Missing pages. Can you tell me where to get the side quest Mew?
And about others'comment: they say about forgotten cave but i didn't find any place named forgooten cave? Can you tell me where it is?

I can help .
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
What? Fighting with Magikarp trainer and Defeat Sages is also 2 side quests? But i completed all two quests but my side quest is only 4/7: Legendary birds, Super onix,Briefcase,and Missing pages. Can you tell me where to get the side quest Mew?
And about others'comment: they say about forgotten cave but i didn't find any place named forgotten cave? Can you tell me where it is?

I can help .
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
And about others'comment: they say about forgotten cave but i didn't find any place named forgotten cave? Can you tell me where it is?

Hey Misky! How to reset the in-game clock? Because my time is over 10.00.00
Old July 3rd, 2013 (02:47 PM).
Lurpoing1166

Although I am still in the part where the guard is asleep I can assure is a great hack

Lurpoing1166 Searching for the best things around :D
Old July 3rd, 2013 (03:54 PM).
Superemon
EmDee

really like this hack, im impressed, cant wait for the next beta, it reminds me of prism
Old July 3rd, 2013 (11:51 PM).
markcuyugan

@Miksy 91 and @aka4794: Thank you very much for all of your answers. I finished 5/7 sidequests. I'm waiting for my Magikarp to increase its level although I gave him Exp. Share and too much time to do it.

I have many suggestion here if you will release Beta 5:
1. Can you decrease the level of Steelix in our first encounter with Isaac?
2. Can you increase the percentage of catching Zapdos in Argent Warehouse?
3. Can you put all the legendary pokemon of Gen. I and II?

And is the Beta 5 will be the last beta of Dark Energy?
Old July 4th, 2013 (02:12 AM).
aka4794
Will-o'-the-wisp

@Miksy 91 and @aka4794: Thank you very much for all of your answers.
No problem .

Quote:
1. Can you decrease the level of Steelix in our first encounter with Isaac?
Steelix is beatable (Is word 'beatable' existing? ) . If I remember correctly I beat it using Ivysaur. It often use Iron Tail, if it miss, I use Sleep Powder, Leech Seed and then Razor Leaf. And Sleep Powder

Support for:
Old July 4th, 2013 (05:55 AM).
czen29

i encountered Zapdos on some freakin' route .. but i see in the comments it can be captured in argent warehouse .. how can i find it ?????? help please ..
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links