The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Reply
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #576    
Old July 4th, 2013 (10:11 PM).
test_subject
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Gender: Male
Anybody here know how to evolve Porygon to Porygon2? And Scyther to Scizor?
If I need specific items like Up-Grade and Steel Coat, how do I get them?

TIA.
Reply With Quote
  #577    
Old July 5th, 2013 (10:51 AM). Edited July 5th, 2013 by test_subject.
test_subject
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Gender: Male
Sorry for the double post, but Gengar couldn't learn Sludge Bomb.
Hope u fix it on the upcoming version. (:

Anyway, can somebody give me the complete list of the pages' location? TIA.
Just for the umbreon one thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #578    
Old July 5th, 2013 (09:54 PM).
Gallo
Poké-Master in Training
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Age: 17
Gender: Male
I have a question: I'm at the beginning of the game, and a girl tells mr that she found a Pikachu. I want myself a freakin' Raichu, so I went to the grass right next to her. Leveled up Eevee, Bulbasaur, and Hoothoot up to Lv. 10, with no Pikachu. Does it even appear there? (South Edge of Capitol)
And one more thing. I'm loving this hack so far, and I'm trying to put the banner in my signature, but I don't know how. I have no computer, but I have an Android (Galaxy S 3, if that helps). How do I do it?
__________________
Hacks I love and support

Reply With Quote
  #579    
Old July 5th, 2013 (11:06 PM). Edited July 5th, 2013 by miksy91.
miksy91's Avatar
miksy91
A GB/C Rom Hacker since 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: A small country in the North
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurpoing1166 View Post
Although I am still in the part where the guard is asleep I can assure is a great hack


Quote:
Originally Posted by Superemon View Post
really like this hack, im impressed, cant wait for the next beta, it reminds me of prism
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by markcuyugan View Post
@Miksy 91 and @aka4794: Thank you very much for all of your answers. I finished 5/7 sidequests. I'm waiting for my Magikarp to increase its level although I gave him Exp. Share and too much time to do it.

I have many suggestion here if you will release Beta 5:
1. Can you decrease the level of Steelix in our first encounter with Isaac?
2. Can you increase the percentage of catching Zapdos in Argent Warehouse?
3. Can you put all the legendary pokemon of Gen. I and II?

And is the Beta 5 will be the last beta of Dark Energy?
1. You're probably talking about the encounter in Area 104? I could, yet I see no need to. It was even more overleveled in beta 3.0 (lv42 in fact if I remember correctly), since there really is no need for the player to win.
2. The possibility of luring it to the highest floor is pretty high but some (maybe 10% of players) may have to struggle with it a bit before getting it there. I don't think it's a problem if somebody has to run around those three spots for 5 minutes. If it takes much longer than that, you've obviously got bad luck. (Also, this is a good time for using Repels.)
3. Mewtwo and Lugia most likely won't appear in the hack because I've no intention in including more than I've made plans for. If I did introduce them too, they would have to be "forced" to be there and I don't want to do that. And I have other good use for their programming as well (whatever this means...).

From what I've planned so far, beta 5 will be around 80% complete release. Final release would come after it (without having beta 6 in between).

Quote:
Originally Posted by test_subject View Post
Anybody here know how to evolve Porygon to Porygon2? And Scyther to Scizor?
If I need specific items like Up-Grade and Steel Coat, how do I get them?

TIA.
How did you even get Porygon? Or was that just a question for further usage when you've obtained it?

Scyther is obtainable in the hack, Porygon isn't (unless I remember wrong). To get Scizor, just level up Scyther somewhere between lv35 and lv40 (no idea about the exact evolution level really).

Quote:
Originally Posted by test_subject View Post
Sorry for the double post, but Gengar couldn't learn Sludge Bomb.
Hope u fix it on the upcoming version. (:

Anyway, can somebody give me the complete list of the pages' location? TIA.
Just for the umbreon one thanks.
The TM learning set is quite different in Gen II from what it's like in further generation games. I don't think that's a bug (although it could be changed, true that), just as Espeon and Umbreon being able to learn Cut isn't a bug either. For convenience, I may do something about pokemon learning specific TMs later if I feel like it.

No matter which page you had found at first, you would have still unlocked Eevee. With the next page (whatever it is), you'll get Vaporeon and so on. So yeah, impossible to say which page you're missing but I'd figure it's either the one from Sage Neal or the one from the locked house inside Western Lake.
There has been a lot of discussion about this lately, and you'll probably find the answer you're looking for in the previous pages of this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallo View Post
I have a question: I'm at the beginning of the game, and a girl tells mr that she found a Pikachu. I want myself a freakin' Raichu, so I went to the grass right next to her. Leveled up Eevee, Bulbasaur, and Hoothoot up to Lv. 10, with no Pikachu. Does it even appear there? (South Edge of Capitol)
And one more thing. I'm loving this hack so far, and I'm trying to put the banner in my signature, but I don't know how. I have no computer, but I have an Android (Galaxy S 3, if that helps). How do I do it?
Pikachu does appear in the grass patch in Southern Edge, but its encounter rate is quite low. If you've been training nothing else but train your pokemon there, you should have run into one (or even more) by now.

You can edit your signature under "User Options". There, input the image code (without .s) [.IMG]insert URL here[./IMG] and you're good to go.

Anyway, many people have been asking questions about Forgotten Cave, Pages, Zapdos, Mew, secret Battle Room prizes etc. and most of these questions have been answered in the thread already. Feel free to either look for possible answers in the previous few pages, or ask about them, I don't mind if you want to ask either. But the thing is, I've been doing lots of other stuff beside hacking (and visiting the forums to answer DE related questions), and been somewhat busy lately, so I don't want you to assume "Miksy is going to answer me soon.".

So search before asking if it has something to do with finishing the sidequests. Thank you
__________________
My Rom Hack



Hacks I support





Learn how to hack GB/C games:

Check my GameBoy/Color hacking videos in Youtube
-The video set uses Pokemon Silver (U) rom for demonstrations
Reply With Quote
  #580    
Old July 6th, 2013 (12:37 AM).
aka4794's Avatar
aka4794
Will-o'-the-wisp
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by miksy91 View Post
And I have other good use for their programming as well (whatever this means...).
Is some changes in Mewtwo data in beta 4 or not? (In fact, I didn't notice anything :D).

Quote:
But the thing is, I've been doing lots of other stuff beside hacking (and visiting the forums to answer DE related questions), and been somewhat busy lately, so I don't want you to assume "Miksy is going to answer me soon.".
I'm here often, I'm tring to help .
__________________
Sorry for my horribe English ^.^'

Support for:
Reply With Quote
  #581    
Old July 6th, 2013 (04:19 AM).
test_subject
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Gender: Male
But actually in Gen II above, Gengar could learn it (tested it on a Leaf Green). You should make him able to learn it because Sludge Bomb is a very good move to be added to his moveset (a high-powered, poison-typed special attack combined with his insane Spirit(sp.attack)? Wai nut?) . Well, it's just my idea. If you don't like it, then there's no need to implement it on your further releases. (;

Solving your confusion on how I got a Porygon, I used the silver gameshark encounter code to fight him. Well I'm just asking how to evolve him (Yes, I could've used the encounter code to fight a wild Porygon-2 instead but who knows you might add Porygon to the obtainable-pokemon list in further releases lol?).

TIA. Peace.
Reply With Quote
  #582    
Old July 7th, 2013 (07:54 AM).
Hokorashiimesuinu's Avatar
Hokorashiimesuinu
sinnoh master
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: in a house
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Sassy
Finally got around to catching Zapdos (got a shiny first try yay), so now I've completed the beta. In my opinion, this is better than the official 2nd gen games.
Reply With Quote
  #583    
Old July 7th, 2013 (11:30 PM).
markcuyugan
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Philippines
Gender: Male
I share my Pokemons in my Party:
Raichu, Articuno, Moltres, Shiny Ho-oh, Super Onix, and Blastoise.

I also caught:
Shiny Sandslash, Cyndaquil, Chikorita, Totodile, Lapras (Exchange Gift from Battle Points in Battle Room - 5500 BP), and others...

Reply With Quote
  #584    
Old July 8th, 2013 (01:30 AM).
miksy91's Avatar
miksy91
A GB/C Rom Hacker since 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: A small country in the North
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by aka4794 View Post
Is some changes in Mewtwo data in beta 4 or not? (In fact, I didn't notice anything :D).
No, not yet. I'll probably replace it with something else for either beta 5 or final version though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka4794 View Post
I'm here often, I'm tring to help .
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by test_subject View Post
But actually in Gen II above, Gengar could learn it (tested it on a Leaf Green). You should make him able to learn it because Sludge Bomb is a very good move to be added to his moveset (a high-powered, poison-typed special attack combined with his insane Spirit(sp.attack)? Wai nut?) . Well, it's just my idea. If you don't like it, then there's no need to implement it on your further releases. (;
Well, it's only going to take like 30 seconds to finish the job so why not, I'll make it so it can learn Sludge Bomb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by test_subject View Post
Solving your confusion on how I got a Porygon, I used the silver gameshark encounter code to fight him. Well I'm just asking how to evolve him (Yes, I could've used the encounter code to fight a wild Porygon-2 instead but who knows you might add Porygon to the obtainable-pokemon list in further releases lol?).

TIA. Peace.
I'll probably make it so the encounter gameshark code won't do you any good. I don't want it to be possible to cheat to get the pokemon you like. Well, that wouldn't be much of a problem since most people like playing the game fairly either way (and doing stuff like encountering a Porygon shouldn't be bad at all), but the thing is, there will be replacements that may not be obtained at all and they could still be encountered with the same gameshark code.

I just checked it and it's going to take only a little while to disable the encounter gameshark code from running the way it is, so I'll just do that. Sorry for all who like using that fairly.

But anyway, Porygon should evolve by level. It might not though since I haven't intended it to be obtainable (and thus, may not have changed its evolution method at all).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokorashiimesuinu View Post
In my opinion, this is better than the official 2nd gen games.
Thanks! But I don't think they can be compared well really. Official games intend to go for basic games in which you travel from place to another by collecting gym badges. This hack is going for something different, and you probably like it how I've implemented it to be that way
__________________
My Rom Hack



Hacks I support





Learn how to hack GB/C games:

Check my GameBoy/Color hacking videos in Youtube
-The video set uses Pokemon Silver (U) rom for demonstrations
Reply With Quote
  #585    
Old July 8th, 2013 (02:53 AM).
czen29
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Gender: Male
hehey . down to the last side quest .. how can i strengthen my magikarp ??? it's also shiny by the way :D
Reply With Quote
  #586    
Old July 8th, 2013 (06:47 AM).
aka4794's Avatar
aka4794
Will-o'-the-wisp
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
Miksy said that someone who wants to raise his/her Magikarp should give it Exp. Share and start grinding in the Grand Tower unless it'll have ~60 lvl. Then you can defeat Dustin (give Magikarp Pink Bow, use a lot healing items like Moomoo Milk and Hyper Potion).
__________________
Sorry for my horribe English ^.^'

Support for:
Reply With Quote
  #587    
Old July 8th, 2013 (07:02 AM).
trung29
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by czen29 View Post
i encountered Zapdos on some freakin' route .. but i see in the comments it can be captured in argent warehouse .. how can i find it ?????? help please ..
To catch zapdos you must reach to the Granaldo city. Come to the research center and you can find an old member of argent warehouse research center. He wants you to come to Argent warehouse and find the vriefcase in the 2nd floor of the research center. You also get the code to open the door from him. In 2nd floor you can find zapdos but it will run and you must follow it to the last floor.
Reply With Quote
  #588    
Old July 8th, 2013 (10:24 AM).
test_subject
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by miksy91 View Post
I'll probably make it so the encounter gameshark code won't do you any good. I don't want it to be possible to cheat to get the pokemon you like. Well, that wouldn't be much of a problem since most people like playing the game fairly either way (and doing stuff like encountering a Porygon shouldn't be bad at all), but the thing is, there will be replacements that may not be obtained at all and they could still be encountered with the same gameshark code.

I just checked it and it's going to take only a little while to disable the encounter gameshark code from running the way it is, so I'll just do that. Sorry for all who like using that fairly.

But anyway, Porygon should evolve by level. It might not though since I haven't intended it to be obtainable (and thus, may not have changed its evolution method at all).
Okay sorry. Won't use cheat anymore :p
Oh, maybe in further release you might change your mind on making him obtainable (like in R/B, he's obtainable via coin purchase). But dont worry, focus on the important things to be updated first
Keep up the good work bro, good luck for the further releases. Nicest gen 2 hack beside prism.

On second thought, may I suggest things for the upcoming beta (or final)?
Reply With Quote
  #589    
Old July 8th, 2013 (10:44 AM).
Pye Fléra
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Gender: Male
Hey!
First, i really, really love this hack! I am playing it the whole time now.. and I prefer that storyline more than this stupid equal "Kill-8-People-Get-8-Stones-Kill-4-Top-Losers" thing..

But 've a question: Could it be you increased the shiny-rate? I mean, c'mon!
I NEVER found any shinies in my games, even not in the non-emulator ones, and in this I allready found FIVE o.O (beside the "new" red garados in front of that cave)

Did I miss the "i changed it" part or is this just my Increbly-Lucky-Day?

~ Pye

Btw PLEASE keep working on it.. please don't stop like 90% do :/
Reply With Quote
  #590    
Old July 8th, 2013 (04:33 PM).
Gallo
Poké-Master in Training
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pye Fléra View Post
But 've a question: Could it be you increased the shiny-rate? I mean, c'mon!
I NEVER found any shinies in my games, even not in the non-emulator ones, and in this I allready found FIVE o.O (beside the "new" red garados in front of that cave)

Did I miss the "i changed it" part or is this just my Increbly-Lucky-Day?
I think I know where you're going at. Not 30 minutes into the gamre and I found a Shiny Hoothoot.
__________________
Hacks I love and support

Reply With Quote
  #591    
Old July 8th, 2013 (05:05 PM).
czen29
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by aka4794 View Post
Miksy said that someone who wants to raise his/her Magikarp should give it Exp. Share and start grinding in the Grand Tower unless it'll have ~60 lvl. Then you can defeat Dustin (give Magikarp Pink Bow, use a lot healing items like Moomoo Milk and Hyper Potion).
hehe okay thanks a lot .. i'll try it than using the day care center doe anything good will happen if i completed the sidequests ??
Reply With Quote
  #592    
Old July 8th, 2013 (05:19 PM).
grewtolevel
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Spratlys Island
Gender: Male
Nature: Serious
Good Day. Playing this game for a while now. I already obtained the code to Argent Warehouse. The problem is that I can't enter it correctly everytime i put the second set of numbers 999 it always says wrong.
Reply With Quote
  #593    
Old July 8th, 2013 (09:02 PM).
czen29
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by grewtolevel View Post
Good Day. Playing this game for a while now. I already obtained the code to Argent Warehouse. The problem is that I can't enter it correctly everytime i put the second set of numbers 999 it always says wrong.
just follow the sequence of numbers of what the scientist gave to you or if You can't remember the numbers , check the Video on YouTube the title is also mentioned in the game :D
Reply With Quote
  #594    
Old July 9th, 2013 (12:08 AM).
markcuyugan
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Philippines
Gender: Male
@Miksy91: I've found one very minor mistakes you do. I've noticed the introduction at the beginning of the sequence, the word says "techinal university of THE CAPITAL". It must be "technical university of THE CAPITAL". I'm just curious, He he..

But you know, this the best hack ever I played. I will waiting for Beta 5 of this hack until it will finish. Oh yes, I shared what Koolboyman (Pokemon Prism creator) said that it takes 5 yrs. to finished hack games. Because he made the Pokemon Prism on 2007 and it will finish this year. I'd now understand how hard to make hack games from their original series. More powers to you Miksy91 and all of the hackers. Thanks to all of you!
Reply With Quote
  #595    
Old July 9th, 2013 (10:10 PM).
grewtolevel
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Spratlys Island
Gender: Male
Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by czen29 View Post
just follow the sequence of numbers of what the scientist gave to you or if You can't remember the numbers , check the Video on YouTube the title is also mentioned in the game :D
yes i do, i follow the sequence. And i obtained the Code Paper also. The code is 0118 999 881 XX XXXX XXX 3. I tried to visit youtube but youtube is still banned in our country
Reply With Quote
  #596    
Old July 10th, 2013 (12:18 AM).
aka4794's Avatar
aka4794
Will-o'-the-wisp
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
You should insert all the numbers and then press ok .
Btw grewtolevel, which country?
__________________
Sorry for my horribe English ^.^'

Support for:
Reply With Quote
  #597    
Old July 10th, 2013 (01:51 AM).
RizkyUchiha
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Gender: Male
where is the key to unlock the locked house in Western Lake. i cant found it
Reply With Quote
  #598    
Old July 10th, 2013 (05:44 AM).
Pye Fléra
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Gender: Male
So far as for now, i can say two other things which is about the levels..

i like the Areas.. but two things, maybe:

First, the Pokémonlevels. I dunno, was it the same way in the original game that you battle level 20 trainers but find level ~12 Pokémons? Its so hard to train if you just can battle against that weak Pokémons.. maybe the levels should be made.. better? :o

And secondly, the trainers. I think there should be more.. you have one large route and around 3-4 trainers, thats too.. (i dunno the opposite of "much" atm )

but those are just my ideas Any way keep working :>
Reply With Quote
  #599    
Old July 10th, 2013 (11:33 AM).
Gallo
Poké-Master in Training
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Is it bad that I spent 4:30 hours training in the Capitol's PokéCenter?
__________________
Hacks I love and support

Reply With Quote
  #600    
Old July 11th, 2013 (07:44 AM).
slim spazzy's Avatar
slim spazzy
Best Beta tester
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: India,Bangalore
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Nature: Hasty
Hi I'm playing Pokémon dark energy and I must say I have never enjoyed
a Gbc hack like this since Pokémon prism. I checked your FAQ about the
code and I dialed the same code in the game but it kept saying wrong.
Can you please tell me the code.. thanks :D and good luck with finishing
your hack
__________________
This signature has been disabled.
Too wide. Don\'t put two banners next to each other.
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Reply With Quote
Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 01:51 PM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.