The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > ARCHIVED: Battle Center > Competitive Team Help

Notices

Competitive Team Help Having trouble with your competitive Pokémon team? Be sure to check here if you need any help on it. Any teams intended for in-game and casual play should be posted in the In-Game Team Help sub-forum.

Advertise here

Old November 10th, 2011, 01:45 PM
kingofbluesteel
Pirate

Nature: Quirky

Advertise here
magmorter
nature:modest
item:powerherb
Moves:
fireblast
thunderbolt
solarbeam
focusblast

Electirvre
Nature:naive
Item:not sure
Moves:
discharge
flamethrower
break brake
earthquake

Simisage
Nature:Adamant
Item:none
Moves:
acrobatics
seedbomb
brickbrake
rockslide

gliscor
Nature:probaly Adamant
Item:none
Moves:
acrobatics
sworddance
icefang
earthquake

empoleon
nature: modest
Item:unsure
Moves:
scald
icebeam
grassknot
toxic

crustle
ability:sturdy
Nature:probaly adamant
Item:unsure
Moves:
xscissor
rockslide
earthquake
shell smash

Last edited by kingofbluesteel; November 10th, 2011 at 02:02 PM. Reason: changed pkmn
Old November 10th, 2011, 11:16 PM
Forever
let it go

Question, is this just for in-game or wifi play? Since you're not really sure on items and haven't ev'd Pokemon, it's not really clear whether it is or not. :x Just going to make a few little comments anyway; it'd also be useful if you included your abilities, too, for everything and not just Crustle.

Either way, yes, Gliscor does need Adamant, since the set you're using relies on attack, and generally with acrobatics, you go with flight gem as the item for the initial boost in power. While ice fang can work on normal sets (and there's no reason it can't on the acrobats BUT) substitute is generally the preferred option there - though I've found taunt can still work well on this set too. You'd invest in attack/speed, anyway.

Since you're going for a defensive Empoleon, best to go with leftovers as an item so you can last long - generally your only issue is WOULD have been toxic, but since you're steel it's not really an issue, aka it allows you to recover or at least stay around the same even if you're burned. Also generally Empoleon runs with Stealth Rock on that set, though Grass Knot/Ice Beam can work as two. In which case you'd go with a Calm nature, investing in spD and HP.

Also on Crustle, I'd go with Stone Edge > Rock Slide since generally I prefer the chance of critting and higher power rather than higher accuracy and lower power. :x Also on Crustle you can go with either Life Orb for power - or Expert Belt, up to you.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here