Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge
Reload this Page [Pokémon] Pokemon Odyssey: A New Beginning (T) [OOC +SU)

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

View Poll Results: What would you like more of in this Roleplay?
Fighting. More fighting! 6 11.76%
Character interaction. Get to know each other more. 8 15.69%
Deeper storyline: more drama, more comedy, more romance. 17 33.33%
Side stories. A few adventures away from the main plot. 12 23.53%
More flexible plot. Plot decided in part by the RPers. 3 5.88%
The Roleplay is fine as is. 2 3.92%
Other. 3 5.88%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old April 25th, 2012 (12:03 PM). Edited April 25th, 2012 by Greiger.
A mad mind... hehe

Nature: Serious
The battle ended with two Sentinels dying and now the Gold Tribe is in council to decide how to get to the next city. The Silver Tribe has retreated for now and is guarding the next city the Gold Tribe is trying to free.

On another note, Equi! You're here! Hooray :D!
Old April 25th, 2012 (03:46 PM).
Going on a hiatus :'(

Nature: Naive
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to |Equinox|
Yep I'm here~ Huzzah! And POST RUSTY POST!

Old April 25th, 2012 (05:42 PM).
Muffins forever

Nature: Quirky
Quote originally posted by Greiger:
The battle ended with two Sentinels dying and now the Gold Tribe is in council to decide how to get to the next city. The Silver Tribe has retreated for now and is guarding the next city the Gold Tribe is trying to free.
I was here for that so that doesn't tell me anything really... XD
Old April 25th, 2012 (05:47 PM).
A mad mind... hehe

Nature: Serious
Well, you wanted a summary, and that's how I do summaries. Unless someone else wants to write one then you'll have to accept my lazy efforts.
Old April 25th, 2012 (05:55 PM).
It was justified

Nature: Relaxed
@fortworth96 You didn't miss anything too important immediately after the battle. I sped things up to the next day, giving the RPers the freedom to decide what they did with the rest of their day. I bunnied everyone's characters to the meeting, which is where we're all at. Read my last post to see what was discussed there. Otherwise, just give your character an answer to the question asked in my last post, and you're officially caught up. xD

Paired with the Epic Raikiri
Old April 26th, 2012 (01:43 AM).
All Men Must Die.

Nature: Calm
Rusty... that's a name I haven't heard in a looong time xD

Anyways, it seems like my Science test has been postponed, so I'm going to be a bit free over the weekend. I'll try to get my post up then. Sorry for the wait guys but that's what school does to you :c
Old April 26th, 2012 (06:23 PM).
GhostFire

...Out of curiosity, how many of you were in the previous Odyssey roleplays?
Old April 26th, 2012 (06:32 PM).
It was justified

Equinox and Silver Rogue are the only two that were in the previous two (although the second unfortunately didn't get very far). Stingray and DeepImpact were also in the second one, so a lot of the RPers here are new faces.

Old April 27th, 2012 (01:47 AM).

Yes, so the nostalgia isn't that powerful for them. Good times xd

Is it okay if I write/RP this in First Person? I haven't tried that for a long, long time

Old April 27th, 2012 (10:41 AM).
It was justified

If you want to. I don't really care much. Do what you like.

Still waiting on someone who won't be mentioned by name to post. Sorry for the wait guys...

Old April 27th, 2012 (04:38 PM).

It's okay. Been waiting for exactly a week now xd

Old April 27th, 2012 (07:38 PM).
Muffins forever

Nature: Quirky
I'm going to post sometime tonight. I don't know how good it will be, but it will at least be something to get me moving again.
Old April 27th, 2012 (08:22 PM).

don't worry it ain't you fortworth xd -plans War 2 remake with own region-

Old April 29th, 2012 (12:46 AM). Edited August 10th, 2013 by The Prince of Sweet Sorrow.
Shepard
Crystal Tier

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to The Prince of Sweet Sorrow
Let me join this fun! ;D

Spoiler:

Side: Gold Tribe, yo

Name: Ragnaros Phylax

Title: "Bloodthirster"

Pokemon Species: Salamence

Appearance:
Ragnaros resembles a Salamence in appearance; only he is bulkier, and the scales on his ears are sharper than a normal Salamence's. His arms are darker than normal; the blood stains left on them changed their colour.

Personality:
Ragnaros is a very proud dragon. His selfish, impatient side has been compressed though, due to all those years he spent being a Gold Tribe member; even if he truly is selfish, he doesn't show it anymore. Being a dragon, he is bound to care a little too much for his battling and dueling skills, always looking for a strong opponent to test himself; however, he has a strong sense of honor and dignity, and an unshakable will that allows him to turn the tables in any battle.
Despite his kindness and respect towards his allies, a dragon is born to be vicious. In fact, he is so vicious he becomes an unstoppable juggernaut in battle, a rather cunning fighter. Most believe that he blindly charges into battle to quench his thirst for battle, blood and carnage, but they are terribly wrong; he combines his bloodlust with offensive, pretty straight-forward tactics with only one purpose: to utterly destroy his target.

Ragnaros never really had friends, only allies, although he is good company; he gets rather violent when angered and won't accept no for an answer.
He is a straight-forward, a realist and cynical Pokemon, talking about carnage, blood and death like they are everyday things; he is also very sarcastic, sometimes joking way too much, while his hurtful comments towards others make him seem like a meanie. But his swag is something different, and his ideals about destruction and battleship unshakable.

History:
Originally born in a beach close to Gravel City, Ragnaros' parents separated, one departing for the depths of the sea, and the other disappearing in the night sky, driven by the first rays of light; these are the newly-born Bagon's first memories. How he survived alone in the woods was a miracle - his early life was mainly him trying to find food, usually bug Pokemon at first. That made him pretty tough for his age, and gave him the strength to travel to the north, reaching Korhal Mountains where he at last found the perfect enviroment for him, inside the caverns; it's there where he met a rather vicious Aerodactyl called "Phylax" who protected him from the other wild Pokemon and taught him about hunting and the mysteries of the mountains.
Phylax took the role of the male parent for the little Bagon - he was the one to name him. Aside from hunting, he also taught Ragnaros how to speak and draw on the rocky walls of the cave they were living in.

Years passed and Phylax watched the Bagon grow, his battle prowess developing rather fast - the Bagon had to deal with the tough opponents of Korhal Mountains, and the Aerodactyl was slowly backing off from the battles as he saw Ragnaros was doing fine. One day, Ragnaros evolved into a Shelgon after a tough battle; after that, he became quite a fearsome warrior and expressed his desire to keep fighting and become stronger, as well as his dream to fly, to his mentor Phylax. Phylax, after giving it some thought, started telling Ragnaros stories about the Gold Tribe, their ideals and motives: to protect the Alpha Alliance. He also told him how he prefered to "stay out of that crap", but Ragnaros' interest for glory and recognition had been caught; he was now idolizing the Gold Tribe as much as Phylax himself.

After a teary good-bye with his old mentor Phylax, the Shelgon set off for the journey to find the infamous Heroes Alliance School, since Phylax himself didn't know exactly where it was. Ragnaros was the perfect age for the school - and he was already battle-worthy when he joined. It's there where he developed his own battling style, and became a rather unique fighter with alot of nerve and cockyness. But, as a dragon that was raised in the wild, he had learned to cope with life alone, and he was taking too much pride into that, he in fact underestimated others for their need to have friends and had trouble respecting them or understanding the meaning of honor, since he only knew the basic needs of survival and keeping the territority that belonged to him (in Korhal Mountains). He was even punished for his defiance in some of the rules. But, as the years passed, Ragnaros was proved to be a fast learner and adopted the aspects of respect, dignity and discipline, seemingly for the rest of his life.
But the instructor of the Gold Tribe was mainly impressed by his battling style, characterizing it "Quite violent, but at the same time honorable and effective". So, the Shelgon passed onto the Gold Tribe at the age of 16 and uphold its ideals until now, also choosing the title of the "Bloodthirster" to accompany his destructive nature.

When the Silver Tribe attacked Gold City, though, Ragnaros, now a Salamence, fought the opponents of the Alpha Alliance with all of his might. He hadn't actually killed another Pokemon in years; letting the respect towards other beings the H.A.S. taught him, and he killed so many Pokemon that day his arms got stained with blood forever, justifying his title of the "Bloodthirster".
But, it was a lost fight, and when he saw Auron's vast armies invading the city, he realised he had no choise but to flee; and so, after a moment of consideration for a tactical retreat, he disappeared among the clouds with blood still dripping from his claws, swearing eternal vengeance towards the Silver Tribe.

After some time and consideration, he started travelling through the sky between Albia, hiding behind the clouds, watching the ground from above in search of his Gold Tribe allies; sometimes, he was even landing on the ground in front of Eden Forest, always thinking about going further, crossing it to Silver City.

Moveset: Dragon Claw, Dragon Rush, Thunder Fang, Hyper Beam, Hydro Pump, Flamethrower
Old April 29th, 2012 (12:51 AM).

Intriguing. That's like the first violent character you've ever made...oh wait.

Old April 29th, 2012 (01:42 AM).
It was justified

@Ray Maverick. You are accepted! Welcome to the Odyssey family! With that, all spots in the Gold Tribe are now full.

I'll give you information about the status of the RP, and when you'll be able to jump in. Glad we're getting new members! I'll be introducing both of them in the coming days...

Old April 29th, 2012 (01:50 AM).
Shepard
Crystal Tier

*rubs hands*

Yeeaaah, let the carnage, BEGIN! :DDD
Old April 29th, 2012 (03:53 AM).
All Men Must Die.

Dude, no, not you again.

Jk, welcome to Odyssey bro.
Old April 29th, 2012 (04:44 AM).
Shepard
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by -DeepImpact-:
Dude, no, not you again.

Jk, welcome to Odyssey bro.
I'm on your side, you moron! xD

*welcome back to Odyssey ;D
Old April 30th, 2012 (06:11 PM).
GhostFire

Hey, one of the few who can survive Korhal Mountains.

Anyways, welcome to the roleplay!
Old April 30th, 2012 (08:56 PM).
It was justified

Well I had him change his SU from over the Korhal Mountains to under them, or more like in them, in caverns and not over, since it really is perilous over and on the mountains.

Old May 2nd, 2012 (09:16 AM).
It was justified

Since I have two RPers waiting to make their entrances in the RP, I'm going to post again sometime today to get things moving. The others can catch up with their other posts when they can.

Old May 2nd, 2012 (10:26 AM).
Shepard
Crystal Tier

Yay, that's so awesome, I can't wait. I'm ready, bring it on, me bredda! *pumps fist*
Old May 5th, 2012 (04:43 PM). Edited May 5th, 2012 by SV.
It was justified

Like I said before, two people waiting, speeding it up with more floods of posts. xD

Should post today or tomorrow. The rest of you can catch up accordingly.

Old May 7th, 2012 (04:48 PM).
Not a beginner that's for sure
Gold Tier

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kikpanther
Side: Silver Tribe
Name: Rosaleon "Rosalee" Vermillia
Title: The Widow (Formally "The Good Mother)
Pokemon Species: Chansey

Appearance: Rosalee looks like any other Chansey, to be honest. Her differences in look are very minimal and are mostly because of her more recent personality change. Instead of the soft, pure-hearted smile, this Chansey's lips always turn up with malice or into a devil's grin. Her eyes always seem to look at others coldly or with frustration and when she's not acting, her eyes seem to have a dark shadow over them. On the bottom of her foot she has a long scar from when she stepped on a very, very sharp rock.

Personality: Before she changed, Rosaleon Vermillia was a very kind soul. She smiled often and gave gifts and helped when she could. True to her nature, she seemed to act like both a partner and a mother. She would play but also teach and if a brother or a sister of the Gold Tribe needed help, then they could definitely count on her assistance. Outside of the tribe, she was involved in the community when she could be and participated in all activities she could, even spectated in those that were too young for her. She was a well-known and active member of the town.

After the altered Gold Tribe's first siege, however, she was changed, just like they had been. No longer was she the forever-happy Chansey with the always-there smile. Now she was angry, now she was mean. Instead of helping, she hurt. Instead of teaching, she taunted. Just like any of the Silver Tribe members, she has the constant want to conquer or destroy. She is also, now, a very enthusiastic fighter. Hurting pokemon was like a little pastime to keep herself occupied. She isn't the biggest fan of keeping prisoners. She much more enjoyed just having everyone killed! Because, why keep them? What more could they really give them? The land would already be theirs! But prisoners, of course, were going to be taken anyways. Those prisoners... When she was allowed, she would gladly torture them.

Just as she looks, Rosalee is very much frustrated. It seems like a constant feeling to her and it seems like the more she liked someone before she changed, the more frustrated they made her (discluding other Silver Tribe members, they were just boring). She never seems to get a chance to calm down, she only seems to get angrier. When something gets on her nerves, it adds to the Big Box of Mad and never goes away. She will not harp on it for the rest of her existence, but it will make her a much more harsher judge. Unlike a normal Chansey, Rosalee no longer cares to take careful steps to insure the safety of an egg. As a Chansey, she lays many every single day. There was no need to save them, really. If they didn't fall, they didn't fall, but if they did she would find herself a nice rock to put in its place so her pouch wouldn't sag inwardly.

The one thing that hasn't changed about Rosaleon is her loyalty. Whatever her dislike for her allies or the rules and no matter how bored she was with them, she would never question the order of her superior. If it was said to be done, she would do it no matter how much she didn't want to. She could quell her urges to follow such simple things as rules and orders.

History: One can't really say Rosalee's life has been the most entertaining. For her, it's been a blast! But helping people and going to watch the little Pichu kids race isn't much of a story, so we'll skip all of that. Rosalee's life got exciting, and worse, when she was chosen to go with a selected group of Gold Tribe members into a cave. When she left, she was changed, and just like her fellow Gold Tribe members she immediately began to conquer, using what was called the Ancient Army. This group of former Gold Tribesmen was soon changed to the Silver Tribe and now she gladly called herself one.

Moveset: Softboiled, Egg Bomb, Flamethrower, Retaliate, Thunderbold, Frustration

I hope she's not super old compared to everyone else. :X

Sponsored Links