Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Theatre > Roleplay Casting
Reload this Page [Pokémon] Pokemon Odyssey: A New Beginning (T) [OOC +SU)

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Roleplay Casting Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: What would you like more of in this Roleplay?
Fighting. More fighting! 6 11.76%
Character interaction. Get to know each other more. 8 15.69%
Deeper storyline: more drama, more comedy, more romance. 17 33.33%
Side stories. A few adventures away from the main plot. 12 23.53%
More flexible plot. Plot decided in part by the RPers. 3 5.88%
The Roleplay is fine as is. 2 3.92%
Other. 3 5.88%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old August 27th, 2012 (04:35 AM).
La tristeza es mi sangre
Crystal Tier

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to The Prince of Sweet Sorrow
Aw man, suddenly everyone wants to join ol' Odyssey. xD That's so nice~
Old August 27th, 2012 (05:00 AM).
A mad mind... hehe

Nature: Serious
It's actually because we all radiate awesomeness every second we post Ray! Also, who wouldn't want to roleplay with God? :/
Old August 27th, 2012 (05:04 AM).
La tristeza es mi sangre
Crystal Tier

It's good that we keep this awesomeness secret, Greiger - or else we'll trigger jealousy! Right? Right?!
Old August 27th, 2012 (10:47 AM).
Claptrap Directive 3: DANCE!
ModeratorCSGTEO

Nature: Adamant
Isaac is headed for New Orleans. I may loose power in the next 3 days. just felt I should give everyone a heads up. Wish me luck!

Old August 27th, 2012 (10:59 AM). Edited August 27th, 2012 by The Prince of Sweet Sorrow.
La tristeza es mi sangre
Crystal Tier

Who is Isaac? Is he a killer or something? Ahahaha, I hope he doesn't blow you to bits.. xD

Well, good luck with it anyway.
Old August 27th, 2012 (11:46 AM).
A mad mind... hehe

Hey, Issac is rather deadly. Even though the levees are much better this time around I would say that if they say get out you get the f**k out. Just make sure you let us know later on that you're still okay.
Old August 27th, 2012 (01:28 PM).
ModeratorCSGTEO

We'll be fine. Our house is pretty well placed an-

Old August 27th, 2012 (02:33 PM).
The Hero of the Skies and Time

Nature: Jolly
That's good. Have fun and eat some Cajun for me. I love Cajun! :3
"Even though I am Hylia reborn, I am still my father's daughter, and your friend. I'm still your Zelda... So I'm going to ask you a favor, sleepyhead. Ever since we were kids, I'd always be the one to wake you up when you slept in. But this time, when all of this is over, will you come to wake me up?"
- Zelda
Old August 27th, 2012 (11:24 PM).
La tristeza es mi sangre
Crystal Tier

Hey, uh, guys? You're all supposed to go to the watchtower... through Sovereign's sandstorm. And Greiger, we'll do the planning when we reach them!
Old August 28th, 2012 (02:54 AM).

Jirmonji is heading in the direction Bloodthirster went.I think he did anyways.
"Even though I am Hylia reborn, I am still my father's daughter, and your friend. I'm still your Zelda... So I'm going to ask you a favor, sleepyhead. Ever since we were kids, I'd always be the one to wake you up when you slept in. But this time, when all of this is over, will you come to wake me up?"
- Zelda
Old August 28th, 2012 (04:02 AM).
A mad mind... hehe

Well, it's called pre-planning Ray :D. Now everyone will know what to do when we get there and instead of having to explain to them over there Vigil can just count down and ta-da!
Old August 28th, 2012 (05:52 AM).
Sylveon

Nature: Modest
I'll have Emerald head over there after I do my school work for today
Old August 28th, 2012 (05:55 AM).
La tristeza es mi sangre
Crystal Tier

Yes, but what about actually going there-- oh, screw it... lol
Old August 28th, 2012 (10:53 AM).
See You Space Cowboy

Nature: Relaxed
I think everyone just got a bit confused. Might have been my fault with my last post, but I'm gonna say they're all arriving in front of the watchtower next time I post.

Paired with the Epic Legend
Old August 28th, 2012 (12:30 PM).

Alright.Is it alright if Jirmonji is taking the long way around?He's already half way across the city fighting off Kabutops.
- Zelda
Old August 28th, 2012 (12:37 PM).
La tristeza es mi sangre
Crystal Tier

Why would you part with the rest of us? If it was just for some combat, we'll have plenty of that later. For now, just stick with the Gold Tribe group.
Old August 28th, 2012 (01:15 PM). Edited August 31st, 2012 by Claire*.
Here's to the crazy ones.

Nature: Sassy
So, I decided to try and sign up. If I missed anything, or neglected to cover a specific detail, please let me know. Hopefully this character is one that would fit into this story.

Side: Silver Tribe

Name: Genevieve L’esprit

Title: The Siren (Bestowed upon her by others due to her ability to lure, create trust, and then betray them.)

Pokemon Species: Gardevoir

Appearance:
Spoiler:

Personality:
Manipulative, cunning and devious. All are words commonly used to accurately describe Genevieve. A known seductress and tactician, Genevieve is not above using every potential asset to her advantage. Being an accomplished combatant is one thing, however, her mind is what truly excels in combat situations. Both in a physical and metaphysical sense, she uses her mind as her greatest of all weapons. Her mind aids her in such things as strategy, foresight and in a more physical sense telekinesis. She is extremely intelligent, one not to be underestimated.

In comparison however, she is not what one would consider the “best” front line combatant. Capable yes, one on one fair fights, no. Not that Genevieve pursues or even participates in “fair” fights. If she senses that a battle is not going her way, she will cut her losses and live to fight another day. What many would call cowardice, she calls intelligence.

In her mind, real battles are fought and won in the mind and manipulation of lesser beings. Kings and queens win wars, at the necessary expense of pawns.

She finds men to be quaint, and easy to manipulate. Traits that she uses to her advantage whenever possible. Men tend to underestimate her only at their own downfall. This pattern of behavior has caused the creation of her title “The Siren.” One who is seductively beautiful and beguiling, who lures others to their own destruction.

That above all else is how she views others, disposable. Those under her, those who claim to be her equal, and even those who claim to be her superior.

A once passionate and loving creature, now relegated to suffering from internal torment and emotional wounds that refuse to heal. The power once used to protect those she loved and cared about, now a force of great peril and loathing. One would consider her abusive, coldblooded, and yet in a sense frail and exposed. It is not completely known what caused this dissolution of her personality. True feelings and love still remain, however they are used to her advantage. Once where her heart once harbored nothing but love and devotion, is now replaced by a blackness seemingly impermeable by any light.

History:
Born to two loving parents, Genevieve was raised in what can only be considered an ideal atmosphere. Nurtured and cared for to the extreme, these are two qualities that came to personify Genevieve herself. Raised in the countryside, Genevieve quickly separated herself from her peers. She was unwilling to hurt even a caterpie, the kindness and love in her heart knew no bounds.

Time moved quickly for her, as it seems to do when one gets older. The years quickly progressed, molding her into the individual she had wanted to become. The talents of her mind quickly became manifest. Many respected her as a prophetess and stood in awe of her clairvoyance. Her talents became known throughout the land, drawing many to her for demonstrations. The futures she saw however, were nothing more than a parlor trick, simple things deduced by her skills of observation and perception. These future predictions of hers, however accurate they proved to be, were nothing more than a charade.

She had never truly mastered the future sight ability, a source of great shame to her. This did not however, mean that her abilities were any less impressive. It wasn’t long until many Pokemon, for many different reasons attempted to recruit her for one cause after another. Nothing truly appealed to her, many simply trying to use her for self gain. However, one day someone did make her a most tempting offer. The potential to use her abilities for good and protection of others. The chance to join a force called the Gold Tribe.

Genevieve jumped at the chance. She quickly began to train and achieve a many great things she previously thought unattainable by herself. Instructors were less impressed by her skills in combat, than they were by her skills in dictating plans and coordinating squad efforts. Not that they considered her an inferior warrior, just one who was better suited not serving as a vanguard on the front lines.

After many years, she did truly excel her in her capacities. She loved her comrades and the people she served under. The opportunity to travel outside the Alpha Alliance was one she jumped at. It is not known what happened to her from that point on until her return. She came back a changed Pokemon, the now conquering silver tribe razing the land and nation with her in tow with no objection. Many wonder what happened to her, the former loving creature now replaced with a damaged and broken conquerer.

Moveset: Psychic, Hypnosis, Shadow Ball, Energy Ball, Thunderbolt, Attract.
Old August 28th, 2012 (02:25 PM). Edited August 28th, 2012 by Azazel.
ModeratorCSGTEO

Oh, my god. I think I'm in love. XD

But seriously, it's good to finally have another Sentinel running around. Gardevoir happens to be one of my favorite Pokemon, so it will be interesting to work with you. Welcome to the Odyssey!

Also, your picture is very cool.

Old August 28th, 2012 (02:27 PM).

Another Silver to beat...I like a challenge.Welcome aboard! :D
- Zelda
Old August 28th, 2012 (04:48 PM).
See You Space Cowboy

@Claire- Well done SU. You are accepted. Watch out for a summary I'll be posting to you shortly, explaining what happened so far.

Also, as a note, with that last sign up, slots are now closed.

Also, as another side note to you all, I eliminated the '8' Sentinel number, so that would account for the larger number of Sentinels, making it easier. Nothing big in terms of news, but just thought you all should know.

Old August 28th, 2012 (05:52 PM).
Here's to the crazy ones.

Nature: Sassy
Thank you everyone! Glad to be a part of this RP. Hopefully I can serve as a good addition.
Old August 28th, 2012 (05:58 PM).

@Everyone Jirmonji is currently buried under the remains of the tower. He's alive, but unconcious and injured. He'll awake after the battle.
- Zelda
Old August 28th, 2012 (06:24 PM).
ModeratorCSGTEO

Powers out. Ill post if possible on my phone, but dont hold your breath.

Old August 28th, 2012 (06:26 PM).
See You Space Cowboy

@heretostay123- Are you sure you want to wait until the entire battle is over to be knocked out? You'll miss out on some epic stuff.

@NecrumWarrior- Alright, thanks for letting us know. Good luck.

Old August 28th, 2012 (06:30 PM).
Sylveon

Nature: Modest
heretostay: Vegeta is right :3 if you don't want to stay out for the entire battle, my character can heal you

Sponsored Links