The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Notices

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire have been announced! Discuss the remakes of 2003's best Game Boy Advance games! (Are some of us seriously that old?)

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 23rd, 2012, 05:09 PM
darkpokeball
Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o

I have the original Pokemon REd, and my friend had Pokemon FireRed. I remember playing the beginning of FireRed on a ROM, and I hated the long and tedious intro. Hence, I preferred REd. I got really attatched to my team. Then, I lost my Red cartridge, and after a month couldn't find it. One day, as I was contemplating buying LeafGreen, because I played on my friend's FireREd after he beat it, 100 percent, I found it. I popped it in, and enjoyed seeing all my teammates again...however, I don't have that same attatchement to them as I did then. Now, instead of living, wonderful creatures, they're just bits of data and coding. They faint, oh well, go to a PokeCenter. I wish I could have that motivation to play and attatchment to my team back...
Old January 23rd, 2012, 05:24 PM
Oryx
Moon Prism POWER
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkpokeball View Post
I have the original Pokemon REd, and my friend had Pokemon FireRed. I remember playing the beginning of FireRed on a ROM, and I hated the long and tedious intro. Hence, I preferred REd. I got really attatched to my team. Then, I lost my Red cartridge, and after a month couldn't find it. One day, as I was contemplating buying LeafGreen, because I played on my friend's FireREd after he beat it, 100 percent, I found it. I popped it in, and enjoyed seeing all my teammates again...however, I don't have that same attatchement to them as I did then. Now, instead of living, wonderful creatures, they're just bits of data and coding. They faint, oh well, go to a PokeCenter. I wish I could have that motivation to play and attatchment to my team back...
How do you 100% Pokemon...?

But yeah I hated FR when I played it (long, long after it came out) because I play in short spurts and the "your last journey" stuff just made me want to pull my hair out. :(
Old January 23rd, 2012, 06:10 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toujours View Post

How do you 100% Pokemon...?

But yeah I hated FR when I played it (long, long after it came out) because I play in short spurts and the "your last journey" stuff just made me want to pull my hair out. :(
I really wish you could turn of that last journey stuff, it was so pointless. Am I really that stupid that I can't remember that I went to Cerulean City and healed my Pokémon?
Old January 23rd, 2012, 07:05 PM
Katholic Nun
of the Khristian Kollection

I actually thought it was a pretty cool feature! It did get annoying after a while, but I think the idea was solid.

Moderator of General Chat
PAIR(S)|NOW|TUMBLR
"like when AT&T was paying for our meals in dallas you bet your ass I ordered the lamb" - Oryx, 2014 A.D.
Old January 23rd, 2012, 07:44 PM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Raichu View Post
I actually thought it was a pretty cool feature! It did get annoying after a while, but I think the idea was solid.
It really needed to be able to be disabled, especially when I tried to soft reset.
Old January 24th, 2012, 04:46 AM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Nature: Gentle
I'm a terrible person and I've never beaten any of the Kanto Elite Four. Not in RBY, and not in FRLG either. :( It probably didn't help that my first two Pokemon games were Gold and Silver.
Old January 24th, 2012, 08:00 AM
-Jared-
Certified Responsible Adult
Community Supporter

Quote:
I loved it; good to know I'm not the only one. xD When I saw a friend of mine had the game before I did, and he let me watch him play for a bit, I saw that and was all "WOAH THAT IS SOOOO COOOOL" xD
Old January 26th, 2012, 04:00 PM
Mr Cat Dog
Everything Will Be OK

Quote:
Originally Posted by BinaryPeaches View Post
I'm a terrible person and I've never beaten any of the Kanto Elite Four. Not in RBY, and not in FRLG either. :( It probably didn't help that my first two Pokemon games were Gold and Silver.
o_______________O

(And I never use smilies, so this is quite a feat!) This needs correcting, like, now! You've never lived until you've battled about 5 million Dragonites from Lance!
Old January 26th, 2012, 05:14 PM
Lance
Master of Dragons

Send a message via Skype™ to Lance
God, Lance's Dragonites are such trolls. You could have an Ice type, 15 levels ahead of them, and you will still lose. :/
Old January 26th, 2012, 07:15 PM
bobandbill
Where's that sheep...

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via AIM to bobandbill Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to bobandbill
Agreeing with Cat Dog - get to talking on the E4! D=

Team Rocket really dislike Lance's Dragonite from the GSC days, I'm sure. =p

Sheep in the Big City: General Specific
Old January 26th, 2012, 10:10 PM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Cat Dog View Post
o_______________O

(And I never use smilies, so this is quite a feat!) This needs correcting, like, now! You've never lived until you've battled about 5 million Dragonites from Lance!
Well? Does trying to beat the last two members of the Elite Four one my friend's Yellow count? :DDD; yeah probably not.

I have a Yellow, Red, and I think I have a Blue laying around somewhere. I think I actually traded my team from Blue version over to Silver so I could level them up more before the Elite Four, but I never bothered to train them once I did that so they're still on my Silver, ahaa.

/yeah such a sad person.
Old January 26th, 2012, 10:15 PM
Cadance
& Shining Armour

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Cadance
I DESPISED Lance's Dragonites. I had to beat them with Lugia one time, and I taught it Ice Beam to get the battle over with. Yeah, I was that impatient during my early days of playing Silver. xD

ARIC ALMIROLA
coke zero 400 winner | daytona beach, florida | july 6, 2014
moderator of fan clubs & groups | battle server moderator

Shining Armour
Old January 26th, 2012, 10:55 PM
-Ephraim-
Kind by any other name

Nature: Mild
Lance and his Dragonites... It always seemed like those Hyper Beams had base powers of 500 or something.
Old January 27th, 2012, 01:41 AM
Adventure
trust your doctor

Nature: Naive
I thought the Dragonairs were more annoying to try and beat than the Dragonite. In Yellow Version, that is. They kept icing or Thunder Waving me ;;
Old January 30th, 2012, 03:33 AM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

The most annoying thing about battling in gen I is that their PP never ran out. No Hyper Potion stalling D<
Old January 30th, 2012, 06:38 AM
Katholic Nun
of the Khristian Kollection

I think the most annoying thing about Gen 1 was the lack of EXP bar. YOU NEVER KNOW WHEN YOUR POKEMON IS GOING TO RAISE A LEVEL!

Moderator of General Chat
PAIR(S)|NOW|TUMBLR
"like when AT&T was paying for our meals in dallas you bet your ass I ordered the lamb" - Oryx, 2014 A.D.
Old January 30th, 2012, 08:36 AM
Yoshikkko

Quote:
I think the most annoying thing about Gen 1 was the lack of EXP bar. YOU NEVER KNOW WHEN YOUR POKEMON IS GOING TO RAISE A LEVEL!
Well, iirc you can always check how many exp points it has at the time so you could kind of judge by that (though not precise yeah).

Also the most annoying thing about gen 1 was the bag, Silph Co. and Brock in Yellow.
Old January 30th, 2012, 08:48 AM
-Jared-
Certified Responsible Adult
Community Supporter

Quote:
I gotta agree here. xD The bag, I could handle, but the lack of exp bar is partially what prevents replays of gen I games. >___> I don't know why, but having to check the status screen every few battles to see how close I am is too annoying to me. >__<
Old January 30th, 2012, 06:08 PM
Ciz
La la la ♪

Nature: Careful
Quote:
...yes you get to press the buttons a couple of times after you defeated a pokemon, expecting that the experience had changed into a bundle. "

The console would just surprise you with a Tentenenentententen (LVL UP) sound.

I also agree with the bag. Dhang there's no such thing as categories those days. "

A Bike, a Silphscope, a town map, a masterball and your packed lunch at the same small pockets.

C i Z
Old January 31st, 2012, 10:38 AM
Mr Cat Dog
Everything Will Be OK

(SYD, THIS THREAD'S BEEN HERE TOO LONG! IT'S THE INCREDIBLY WANDERING THREAD, NOT THE INCREDIBLY STAY-IN-ONE-FORUM-FOREVER THREAD! :D)

Honestly, I really don't care about the division of the bag. Indeed, when it was first unveiled, I was really annoyed that I had to press even more buttons to get the the right section to get my Potion/Pokeball/whatever. Obviously I've come to terms with it now, but if it went away I wouldn't be distraught that much.
Old January 31st, 2012, 12:13 PM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Cat Dog View Post
(SYD, THIS THREAD'S BEEN HERE TOO LONG! IT'S THE INCREDIBLY WANDERING THREAD, NOT THE INCREDIBLY STAY-IN-ONE-FORUM-FOREVER THREAD! :D)

Honestly, I really don't care about the division of the bag. Indeed, when it was first unveiled, I was really annoyed that I had to press even more buttons to get the the right section to get my Potion/Pokeball/whatever. Obviously I've come to terms with it now, but if it went away I wouldn't be distraught that much.
Syd's Ariados used Spider Web on the Incredibly Wandering thread, it is trapped forever.

I could just imagine red putting his hand in his bag to grab something, and then spilling a Soda Pop, ruining everything in the bag.
Old January 31st, 2012, 08:05 PM
tente2
"Outta my way, dammit!"

Nature: Bashful
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaporeon7 View Post
Syd's Ariados used Spider Web on the Incredibly Wandering thread, it is trapped forever.

I could just imagine red putting his hand in his bag to grab something, and then spilling a Soda Pop, ruining everything in the bag.
I laughed in real life in response to both jokes, but the second one is funnier.

Anyway~, I was actually about to consider playing through Red lately. You guys listing all the horrible things about that generation (which I had completely forgotten) reminded me how I HATE HATE HATE that generation so much. It's so old, it's like Mother 1. (Yes...I know that Mother is far older than Generation 1 from Pokemon, but they are the same in my eyes anyway) You can force yourself into playing--because on the outside the games look so nostalgic, but Generation 2 is to Generation 1 as Earthbound is to Mother--far more improved versions that are still nostalgic. There is ABSOLUTELY no reason to play those antiques called games. You think it would be fun to play through one of the earliest games, but it's just a chore. It's hard to play those games because EVERYTHING is flawed.

Or at least that's how I see it.
Old January 31st, 2012, 09:43 PM
Mariah Carey
what a feeling
Community Supporter Tier 4

Nature: Sassy
WELL HI THERE INCREDIBLY WANDERING THREAD

SO GUYS SINCE WE'RE NOW IN C&M
WHAT IS THE WORST MOVIE YOU HAVE WATCHED RECENTLY
Old January 31st, 2012, 09:45 PM
Ciz
La la la ♪

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlequin View Post
WELL HI THERE INCREDIBLY WANDERING THREAD

SO GUYS SINCE WE'RE NOW IN C&M
WHAT IS THE WORST MOVIE YOU HAVE WATCHED RECENTLY
Priest maybe? I dont know why but the whole story line is just too corny for me.

And Yeah. Narnia, Prince Caspian.

C i Z
Old January 31st, 2012, 10:29 PM
Lance
Master of Dragons

Send a message via Skype™ to Lance
I... thought Priest was horrible. :/

I just watched the Mummy last night! Much much better.

Sponsored Links