The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Notices

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire have been announced! Discuss the remakes of 2003's best Game Boy Advance games! (Are some of us seriously that old?)

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 3rd, 2013, 03:29 AM
Azure
» e l e c t r i c
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalhand View Post
I heard that for now, those are the most succesful pokemon game since red and blue, is this true?
I believe so, they're the best selling 3DS games on record and they haven't even been released as of yet, still two weeks off. If they've already amounted to a figure like that now, just wait until the release date actually comes around.

Old October 3rd, 2013, 04:12 AM
Zach
Sniiiii~

Nature: Jolly
I really had a feeling since day one of X and Y being announced that they would grow to become the best-sold 3DS games to date (combined). Though if it weren't for Nintendo announcing the 2DS, then I would be convinced that the 3DS would have gotten way more sales as well (which I'm sure it still will, but just not as much as I thought because of the new 2DS)
Fairy
Old October 3rd, 2013, 03:49 PM
Emfg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers View Post
Yeah, why is X getting the cooler exclusives? Psychic/Fighting Mewtwo and Fire/Dragon Charizard for example. Unless I'm misinformed, haha.
While most of the people are getting pokemon X for the fire/dragon charizard, I'll still be sticking to Y. People have already forgotten about fairy types hard countering dragon :D

Though, I do have to say that clauncher looks so freakishly awesome ._.
Old October 3rd, 2013, 03:56 PM
Clawvile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emfg View Post
While most of the people are getting pokemon X for the fire/dragon charizard, I'll still be sticking to Y. People have already forgotten about fairy types hard countering dragon :D

Though, I do have to say that clauncher looks so freakishly awesome ._.
Charizard is FIRE/dragon. It could probably do a STAB flare blitz

The legend of golurk: Pokeflute of time
Old October 4th, 2013, 06:26 AM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clawvile View Post
Charizard is FIRE/dragon. It could probably do a STAB flare blitz
Mega Charizard X's ability strengthens all contact-based moves so expect its Flare Blitz to really put a huge dent in the foe.

paired with AWsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | twl | profile | supporter

on a leave of absence

Old October 4th, 2013, 08:07 AM
WishCookie
ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!

Nature: Jolly
I dont know if I could create a new topic, but what do you guys think about the early ''leak'' of X and Y?

Diamond: 3782 4821 8857
HeartGold: 3740 9024 2026
Black: 3181 8256 6904
Black 2: 4599 8904 2318

Y: 1993 8202 9620
Old October 23rd, 2013, 02:49 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Poor Wandering Thread, lost within the depths of Pokémon X and Y. This probably isn't the best place for you right now, so off you go!
Old October 23rd, 2013, 06:59 AM
Adventure
thief . of . light

Nature: Naive
Totally a good place for it. Hey, did you guys hear about this Batman vs Man of Steel movie? Is Batman and Superman in the same universe an old DC thing or are they trying to compete with Avengers kinda?
Old October 23rd, 2013, 07:23 AM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Batman and Superman were both Justice League members, but other than that I know of no other mashups. Wouldn't be surprised if some existed, though.
Old October 23rd, 2013, 09:15 AM
Esper

They're definitely trying to do an Avengers thing because it makes money, but DC can only seem to care about Batman and Superman so they haven't gotten any others to come out and play.

deviantart blog pair
Old October 23rd, 2013, 11:41 AM
Sector

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarf View Post
They're definitely trying to do an Avengers thing because it makes money, but DC can only seem to care about Batman and Superman so they haven't gotten any others to come out and play.
Wonder Woman is in development whereas The Flash won't have a movie till scheduled around 2016. Green Lantern's movie was terrible, in my opinion. So we won't have a Justice League movie till around 2017, which is 4 years of wait!

While on topic, I know plenty of DC fans personally, but none really seen Arrow, which is about Green Arrow. Have any of the DC fans here watched the show or am I the only one who actually recognize its existence?
Old October 23rd, 2013, 12:01 PM
Bruce Banner
Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Bruce Banner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sector Revenge View Post
Wonder Woman is in development whereas The Flash won't have a movie till scheduled around 2016. Green Lantern's movie was terrible, in my opinion. So we won't have a Justice League movie till around 2017, which is 4 years of wait!

While on topic, I know plenty of DC fans personally, but none really seen Arrow, which is about Green Arrow. Have any of the DC fans here watched the show or am I the only one who actually recognize its existence?
I'm both a DC fan and Marvel fan. Although my username is Bruce Banner, I prefer DC over Marvel. Yeah I've seen Arrow and really like it. However, I've been watching Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. lately and I like that show even more! Anyways, yeah, comic book movies are always in development but a plethora of those movies don't make it through.

Sure they could announce a Wonder Woman movie, but we may not see it. Personally, I would love to see a movie where the woman dominates for once. It would be interesting to see the beginning how Diana Prince lived with the Amazons. Then they could feature Superman and other members of the JLA in their. I'd be up for it

On another note, a new Avengers movie is projected for next year. So far the title is Guardians of the Galaxy. I think it will be good; it has big expectations to fill. Thanos is said to be the main villain and he is from Titan off of Saturn. He will be a power house. I could talk about this all day, but anyways without going off to far on a tangent yeah, the producers have figured out that these movies are making a LOT of money for them and their companies. If they keep producing these movies left and right then they will make large profits.

It's a smart scheme and as long as these movies have great quality and entertain me, then I am all for it! Matter of fact, Thor: The Dark world comes out in a month or so and I am thrilled for that. The new Wolverine movie recently came out as well.

PS: Superman has versed Batman a couple of different times. One that I can remember is when Lex Luthor had control of Superman and he kicked Batman's butt until Batman got a hold of some kryptonite. There have been other fights too, such as in the comic when the Green Lantern is resurrected he ends up fighting superman. There are many more but I can't think of them off of the top of my head. A new Superman/Batman movie has been rumored, I am so excited for it! there has been a Superman/Batman line of comics that were good as well.
Old October 24th, 2013, 07:59 AM
Lance
Pokémon Champion

Send a message via Skype™ to Lance
If they do another Green Lantern, specifically the John Stewart one:

Idris Elba would literally be perfection.
Old October 24th, 2013, 10:30 AM
Bruce Banner
Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Bruce Banner
^That would be sick!

Omg a brand new Captain America trailer came out in the UK today and it is amazing!!!

Check it out:

Old October 24th, 2013, 10:32 AM
Esper

That's a snazzy poster, but I'd much rather see Idris Elba as Black Panther in some future Avengers movie, or stand alone of his own. He could handle that easily.

deviantart blog pair
Old October 26th, 2013, 08:01 PM
loki123

wait whats rule 4/25 lol? can someone link me to rules i couldnt find it
Old October 26th, 2013, 09:49 PM
Raikou
bolt-action thunder

I'm just really super stoked about all the new Marvel movies coming out. Well, even if there is a massive span between some of them... With all the spoilers and stuff out for the new Thor movie, I've basically put together the entire movie in my head.

| tumblr | dragons | 5198-2567-3811 |
Old October 27th, 2013, 08:17 AM
antemortem
resign to your demons

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to antemortem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosen View Post
I'm just really super stoked about all the new Marvel movies coming out. Well, even if there is a massive span between some of them... With all the spoilers and stuff out for the new Thor movie, I've basically put together the entire movie in my head.
Yeah, it's kind of sad that movies are being spoiled nowadays. :/ It kind of ruins the whole experience.
Old October 27th, 2013, 08:20 AM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antemortem View Post
Yeah, it's kind of sad that movies are being spoiled nowadays. :/ It kind of ruins the whole experience.
Yeah I see your point. But I'm usually someone who doesn't mind spoilers. Like what happened when that big Pokemon X & Y leaked screenshot dump that started when Canadians broke the street date. If I was learning about a TV show or movie, I wouldn't let any leaked details ruin my experience.

on a leave of absence

Old October 27th, 2013, 11:12 AM
Esper

Twists and surprises are sometimes the best thing in a movie. When you're watching something and you suddenly think "Oh! That guy, he's really doing that!" then it's kind of thrilling. Spoilers take that fun away.

deviantart blog pair
Old October 29th, 2013, 01:19 AM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Nature: Gentle
^ this. When I learn too much about something, Pokemon included (since this is now in Pokemon General) I can't take as much as an interest the first time around as I could have. And the first time playing something is very important. I play things all the time for replay value but if I can't enjoy it the first time then what's to say I can enjoy it a second time? This kind of goes for Pokemon with me since I couldn't get much into fifth generations due to knowing so much before even playing the games.
Old October 29th, 2013, 02:03 AM
Adventure
thief . of . light

Nature: Naive
Yeah. I feel like I don't have to play Unova/Kalos now because I know so much about the pokémon already. Not enough about the region or Team Flare though, so maybe it would be an experience still. I'll get through a 5th gen game one day eventually... Probably. :3
Old October 29th, 2013, 02:06 PM
Esper

Having played XY with a minimum of spoilers I can say it's definitely made the game more fun as I was surprised often enough to have a challenge.

I still don't know what all the new Pokemon are. When I discover one, it's like a little piece of the old days first playing the games.

deviantart blog pair
Old October 29th, 2013, 03:58 PM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarf View Post
Having played XY with a minimum of spoilers I can say it's definitely made the game more fun as I was surprised often enough to have a challenge.

I still don't know what all the new Pokemon are. When I discover one, it's like a little piece of the old days first playing the games.
Well after I saw all those leaked screenshot spoilers for X/Y... I'll actually be even more excited to play the games because of all the great discussion that thread generated. Plus I've fallen in love with most of the 6th Gen Pokemon already, they did a good job with designs here despite the big lack in terms of numbers.

on a leave of absence

Old October 29th, 2013, 07:53 PM
Brendino
Hold your breath. Make a wish. Count to three.
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
I'm still not even half way through Pokemon Y yet, but I've been enjoying it a lot more than I did with White & White 2, simply because I didn't look for any spoilers before hand (though, the longer I take, the harder it is to avoid them). I should probably get around to finishing it some point soon...

Sponsored Links

Advertise here