The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Culture & Media

Notices

Culture & Media This is where all of pop culture culminates and chats over a cup of joe. Here you can find discussions relating to the latest and greatest television shows, movies, music and literature, and much more!

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 13th, 2012 (11:58 AM).
Volcanix769
Known as the Quilava Guy!

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendofox3d View Post
Well, since we're on a forum called POKEcommunity, what do you think we'll say?
Ok, but this is to see whether some actually prefer them in specific details. I mean, not everyone completely likes Pokemon in terms of interest, so they might like something else in terms of the characters and things. Anyways, what do you prefer? EDIT: This thread is a year old. o-o I missed its anniversary.
Old January 1st, 2013 (05:24 PM).
Skylands

Nature: Calm
In terms of anime, I feel Digimon had darker plots than Pokemon. As for the video games, I've only played a few of Digimon ones, so I gotta say I prefer the Pokemon games more.
Old January 2nd, 2013 (02:45 AM).
EmberFiraga
Unhatched Egg

I think that I like the Digimon series better. But the Pokemon games. And only the original Digimon series. Adventures 1 (two became bad halfway through). The other series of Digimon aren't that good.

I loved all the movies though. Pokemon and Digimon.
Old January 2nd, 2013 (06:29 AM).
~CreamyChoco~
Happy new year to everyone

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ~CreamyChoco~ Send a message via Skype™ to ~CreamyChoco~
Digimon : Anime

Pokemon : Games

i think you get it now

Shines i caught
Old January 2nd, 2013 (12:19 PM).
Mononoke Hime
viva emptiness

Nature: Sassy
In terms of design I like both.

In terms of game play, game plot and anime, I prefer pokemon though.
Old January 2nd, 2013 (06:52 PM).
PokéZoom
~Gotta Catch Em All

Nature: Serious
I used to like Digimon, but I just stopped watching and playing it a few years ago and never looked back. Pokémon, on the other hand, I have loved all my life and always will.

It's the next chapter, the ultimate goal! Ready for battle, brave and bold!
PokéZoom.com | PokéZoom Forums | PokéZoom Oekaki
Old January 2nd, 2013 (11:54 PM).
Livewire
The Young Wolf

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Livewire
Growing up I was huge on both of them. Pokemon was always my number 1 I think, but the first Digimon Movie was a game changer and a life changer for me, haha. I will always remember how awesome it was and the music they played and just the whole thing in general.

Again, I was obsessed with both almost equally growing up. I'd give the anime nod to Digimon, (First two seasons only) but Pokemon had better games for sure in the beginning.
Old January 3rd, 2013 (01:20 AM).
Brendino
Strike that. Reverse it.

Nature: Quiet
I would say that I preferred Pokemon over Digimon for both the games and the anime. I tried getting into Digimon when it first came on, but after watching Pokemon for a while first, I could just never find myself interested in it (but not for lack of trying).

Moderator of Pokémon General
Old January 3rd, 2013 (02:59 PM).
Shiny_Flareon
The One Whom Smells Like Soap!

Nature: Modest
I don't think this is the best place for this question... most people will say pokemon is better. Because this is a pokemon website... my opinion is. I have never understood Digimon... Pokemon is better
Old January 4th, 2013 (07:19 AM).
Roranosuke

I agree that it's a really prejudiced response because everyone here is into Pokemon. However, it does seem like a number of people (myself included) prefer the Digimon anime. Personally, I still love the first few seasons of Digimon, & occasionally rewatch a movie on VHS.

But the idea in Pokemon that you could carry 6 with you & have 400 more in your PC makes it a different sort of game from Digimon, where you as a rule only have 1-3, depending on the game.
Old January 4th, 2013 (09:22 AM). Edited January 4th, 2013 by Ryoutarou.
Ryoutarou
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livewire View Post
Again, I was obsessed with both almost equally growing up. I'd give the anime nod to Digimon, (First two seasons only) but Pokemon had better games for sure in the beginning.
Not a fan of Tamers? Weird, that seems the be the one season people laud all the time. I find it odd when people say they only like the first two seasons. I think there's definitely nostalgia at play there because Adventure 02 is just sort of...not great. Though I still prefer it over a lot of what the Pokemon anime has to offer, the BlackWarGreymon arc alone is better than anything I've seen in the Pokemon anime. It just brings up all these interesting stories, then drops them, brings up villains out of nowhere, only to have them be sidelined after like three episodes. After a while it sort of feels like you have too much going on, BlackWarGreymon, Daemon, Arukenimon, and Oikawa because the staff was having a difficult time ending those particular stories.

Tamers just feels like the strongest series to me, its first half is purely character development and then the second half dives right into this pretty dramatic story for the rest of its run. It even becomes the one series so popular with older viewers that it got a spinoff novel made for adults.

What I enjoy so much about Digimon's first three years is that there's a clear progression of fun and adventure to that mixed with drama, to a ton of drama, it feels like a stylistic maturation, and that's the sort of thing I love. And I still really love Frontier, but I'll fully admit that it leaves...a lot to be desired - which can also be said for Savers and Xros Wars, especially Xros Wars.

I've never been a big fan of the Digimon games, though re:Digitize does look pretty interesting, as does the new upcoming Adventure game. But I think I'm now always just going to want an anime in the style of the re:Digitize game, that opening sequence is not enough!
Old January 4th, 2013 (09:44 AM).
Livewire
The Young Wolf

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Livewire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryoutarou View Post
Not a fan of Tamers? Weird, that seems the be the one season people laud all the time. I find it odd when people say they only like the first two seasons. I think there's definitely nostalgia at play there because Adventure 02 is just sort of...not great. Though I still prefer it over a lot of what the Pokemon anime has to offer, the BlackWarGreymon arc alone is better than anything I've seen in the Pokemon anime. It just brings up all these interesting stories, then drops them, brings up villains out of nowhere, only to have them be sidelined after like three episodes. After a while it sort of feels like you have too much going on, BlackWarGreymon, Daemon, Arukenimon, and Oikawa because the staff was having a difficult time ending those particular stories.

Tamers just feels like the strongest series to me, its first half is purely character development and then the second half dives right into this pretty dramatic story for the rest of its run. It even becomes the one series so popular with older viewers that it got a spinoff novel made for adults.

What I enjoy so much about Digimon's first three years is that there's a clear progression of fun and adventure to that mixed with drama, to a ton of drama, it feels like a stylistic maturation, and that's the sort of thing I love. And I still really love Frontier, but I'll fully admit that it leaves...a lot to be desired - which can also be said for Savers and Xros Wars, especially Xros Wars.

I've never been a big fan of the Digimon games, though re:Digitize does look pretty interesting, as does the new upcoming Adventure game. But I think I'm now always just going to want an anime in the style of the re:Digitize game, that opening sequence is not enough!
I put it that way because the movie + first two seasons was the 'Golden Age' of Digimon for me. I liked Tamers, but by then Digimon was falling out of favor with me just a bit. And yeah, I've got the nostalgia goggles on hard for the first two Digimon seasons, haha. Spent many a Saturday watching those shows.
Old January 4th, 2013 (12:19 PM).
PikachuAddict
Mime Jr.

Nature: Naughty
I liked the first seasons of Digimon, and then whatever season the kids were able digivolve themselves. Those were the only three seasons that I watched. And I only watched the first season of Pokémon and a few episodes of of the last two seasons.
Old January 4th, 2013 (07:01 PM).
Gideon Jeremiah
The giving Pokèmon breeder

Nature: Docile
I have never been interested in Digimon, to the point of making an informed comparison.
Though the bit I did watch when I was very young, did seem rather fun.
Old January 5th, 2013 (12:00 PM).
AdrianD
Competitive Trainer

Nature: Serious
I like Digimon more then Pokemon back in the day. I know the Pokemon and Digimon are the different variation of the same product. Cant explain why. In some ways Digimon was more i guess "adult" about it the Pokemon, but Digimon could only go so far. Where as Pokemon could really be boundless
Old January 13th, 2013 (09:08 PM).
dontstay96
Grass-man

Nature: Modest
anime: digimon
games: pokemon
Champion of the Single Grass Monotype Challenge on Pokémon Sapphire
Champion of the Nuzlocke Challenge on Pokémon Platinum
"No man can eat 50 eggs" - Tré Cool
I battle competitively with my favorite Pokémon, not with the most used or the ones with the better stats, copy this in your sig if you do it too.
Old January 20th, 2013 (08:46 AM).
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I prefer Pokémon for both. The whole concept of Digimon regressing to their base form after digivolving really puts me off the franchise which is a shame since a lot of the Digimon designs are much cooler than those of Pokémon. I also love the 5 (or 6?) tier evolution trees with countless branches Digimon can take and the fact that multiple Digimon could digivolve into the same thing, it's a really interesting concept. If they'd kept the franchise like Digimon World 1 for PSX where your Digimon stayed digivolved and it was just like raising your partner similar to Pokémon then I think I'd much prefer Digimon, but as it stands I prefer Pokémon.
Old January 20th, 2013 (02:20 PM).
Doppelgänger
Merry Christmas!
Community Supporter

I prefer Pokemon over Digimon. I think the overall concept of Pokemon is better when comparing it to that of Digimon. Also, the actual designs of the Pokemon are superior to that of Digimon imo. I admit, there was a time when I was involved with Digimon. It was a short time, because the overall series didn't stick with me. It was kind of bland.
Old February 2nd, 2013 (09:47 PM).
Shayminlover123
Top Pokemon Trainer

Nature: Timid
Never liked digimon. in my opinion pokemon is 100x better because I like the concept of it
Old February 4th, 2013 (03:00 PM).
Caelus
Gone

I used to like watching Digimon growing up, but around 1st grade I got more into the Pokemon anime.

Never played the games and I doubt they were better than the Pokemon games, but I thought the anime was a little better.
Old May 25th, 2013 (10:37 PM).
Andrew13112001

I can say I like them equaly.Pokemon has better games,though,the anime was only good in the season from Kanto and Johto,cause after....meh.....
I like Digimon World Dusk and Dawn(I have Dawn)(did you noticed?Dawn=Digimon game,and Ash companion).I didn't liked the way you catched the digimon in World Championship,but the way you are catching it in Dusk/Dawn is better.
Old May 26th, 2013 (04:35 PM).
Antemortem
we're fantastic

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Antemortem
Please don't bump threads that are more than a month old. If you'd like, you can start a new topic dedicated to 'Digimon or Pokemon.'

I'M WEARING AN AVATAR OF ALL THE HOENN POKEMON
EVERY DAY FOR... HOWEVER LONG IT TAKES ME TO WEAR
EVERY SINGLE HOENN POKEMON. pls feel free to drop avatar
suggestions and stuff on my profile because i value you lovelies. xo
oras ... cm ... final oras team
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links