The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime

Notices

Pokémon Anime Are you a regular watcher of the Pokémon Anime and its Movies or just an old fan? Come here, and take part in all the various ongoing discussions about the Pokémon Anime.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 16th, 2011, 04:46 PM
Jeikobu
God's beloved child

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to Jeikobu Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Jeikobu

Advertise here
Hi, is there any way that I, who am in America, can legally watch Pokemon material in Japanese (subbed preferred but raw is also great), especially the new episodes of Best Wishes? The anime forum guidelines here say TV Tokyo's website provides the anime, but I don't know whether this means they stream full eps or not. In any case, I've looked over the site some, but haven't found anything yet, and my Japanese-speaking ability is probably only about intermediate. Please help if you can. I want to be able to keep seeing the show, but only legally.
"For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse." - Romans 1:20

Learn the Japanese names for Pokemon!

Please visit my Photobucket! http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v162/Jeikobu_Roy/
Old November 16th, 2011, 05:22 PM
Jeikobu
God's beloved child

Send a message via AIM to Jeikobu Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Jeikobu
But can we confirm if that's legal?
"For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse." - Romans 1:20

Please visit my Photobucket! http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v162/Jeikobu_Roy/
Old November 16th, 2011, 05:49 PM
Josh 443
Beginning Trainer

If you just watch the episodes, you aren't doing anything illegal(to my knowledge, as you didn't distribute the content.
Old November 16th, 2011, 06:10 PM
Jeikobu
God's beloved child

*Mod Edit*

Some additional questions. I discovered "KeyHole TV", which is a legal program from the Japanese government allowing people to stream certain Japanese TV channels live, including TV Tokyo. The problem is, based on when new eps air in Japan on Thursdays (7 PM JPT), I'd have to get up at 3 AM to see them. So, I wondered if these episodes would air as reruns, and when? Of course I'm still looking for other ways to watch it in addition to this, but it has to be legal.

Last edited by Kirbychu; November 17th, 2011 at 06:58 PM.
Old November 16th, 2011, 09:24 PM
Xeberos
Friendship is Magic <3

Nature: Brave
*Mod Edit*

In Finland there is service which shows all episodes dubbed for Finland in live, even Black and White episodes. Last summer it showed 13th season because it was skipped on TV. That service have showed episodes since 10th season. I'm happy with that service.
Co-Owner of The Cute Pokemon Club

Last edited by Kirbychu; November 17th, 2011 at 06:59 PM.
Old November 17th, 2011, 12:45 AM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

You could look at getting a DVD player that can play Japanese region DVDs and import the Japanese Pokemon DVDs if you really want to watch it in Japanese legally.

Alternatively, you could watch the dub on the official Pokemon website, www.pokemon.com.
Old November 17th, 2011, 02:52 PM
Jeikobu
God's beloved child

*Mod Edit*

The problem is I risk getting in trouble if by some chance authorities find in records or whatever that I was watching it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by donavannj View Post
You could look at getting a DVD player that can play Japanese region DVDs and import the Japanese Pokemon DVDs if you really want to watch it in Japanese legally.
I plan to do that once Best Wishes is put on DVD there, but until then I'd hope there'd be a legal way to see it sooner. Besides, I'd prefer to buy those when I live in Japan eventually so I don't have to pay the big shipping costs.
Quote:
Alternatively, you could watch the dub on the official Pokemon website, www.pokemon.com.
Thanks but no thanks. If only the Japanese Pokemon site would also stream the show...

Last edited by Kirbychu; November 17th, 2011 at 07:00 PM.
Old November 17th, 2011, 03:18 PM
The 100 Mega Shock
Donator Tier 3

Frankly, no authority is going to give a damn that you watched Japanese cartoons online.

If you were the one uploading it, or even recording it live from Japan for the intent of distributing it online, that would be much a different matter. Whenever they've gone for people involved in copyright infringement of anime, they target the source of the content sharers, not the content viewers.

They also lived in Japan.

Last edited by Kirbychu; November 17th, 2011 at 07:01 PM.
Old November 17th, 2011, 07:04 PM
Kirbychu
Scyther

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 100 Mega Shock View Post
Frankly, no authority is going to give a damn that you watched Japanese cartoons online.

If you were the one uploading it, or even recording it live from Japan for the intent of distributing it online, that would be much a different matter. Whenever they've gone for people involved in copyright infringement of anime, they target the source of the content sharers, not the content viewers.

They also lived in Japan.
This is a 5 star post.

Remember, it's against the rules to direct users to sites that illegally display the anime. Sorry, but I'm going to have to lock this.

Closed

Paired to cr4y

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here