The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Official Forums > Community Feedback and Support

Notices

Community Feedback and Support This is the place for your concerns, praises or help relating to the PokéCommunity. Unsure of how to post a thread (though you should find out pretty quickly)? How do you get a blog? Maybe you don’t like a certain feature. Make a thread here and get responses from your fellow members and staff.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 22nd, 2011, 05:14 AM
Forever
let it go

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skara View Post
So... is my sig fine or not ?
Your signature is also fine! Though it is advised not to bypass the character limit and instead type a few more words.
Old November 22nd, 2011, 08:39 AM
Blaze the Cat
Life hurts, and so do I

Nature: Timid
How is my sig? If it's too big, what can I do?
EDIT: lol, just saw a scroll bar
EDIT... again: OK, fixed the size. Is something else wrong with it?
Old November 22nd, 2011, 08:43 AM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Nature: Gentle
Start with taking out the space between your two images and the line of text (the Primal Dialga Theme text) you have there. If that doesn't work, then you might have to rearrange your theme so everything fits in the 600x350 space. Taking out the two smilies might help as well.
Old November 22nd, 2011, 05:52 PM
DavidJCobb
RESIDENT RAAAAAAAAAAAAGEMASTER

Nature: Lonely
I think my sig falls within a grey area and would like some clarification.

For starters, the entire thing is wrapped in a single DIV with maximum dimensions 500x300px, with width defaulting to 400px.

My concern lies in a progress bar I've added to the bottom of the sig. I use percentage sizes there for a few reasons:
  • Percentage width on the bar wrapper as a matter of convenience, to ensure that the progress bar doesn't exceed the containing DIV's width. This would actually help compliance with the general size limits.
  • Percentage height to size the colored progress portions of the bar, so that I don't have to guess at or modify the default line-height or font-size of the text within the progress bar. (An improper guess would break the layout.)
  • Percentage width to size the colored progress portions of the bar, as a matter of convenience and to prevent typos that could cause me to make them too large (and exceed the bar/sig size).
So I use percentages, but only for things that are almost absolutely necessary and to help ensure compliance with signature maximum size limits. Acceptable or no?
Old November 22nd, 2011, 06:00 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidJCobb View Post
I think my sig falls within a grey area and would like some clarification.

For starters, the entire thing is wrapped in a single DIV with maximum dimensions 500x300px, with width defaulting to 400px.

My concern lies in a progress bar I've added to the bottom of the sig. I use percentage sizes there for a few reasons:
  • Percentage width on the bar wrapper as a matter of convenience, to ensure that the progress bar doesn't exceed the containing DIV's width. This would actually help compliance with the general size limits.
  • Percentage height to size the colored progress portions of the bar, so that I don't have to guess at or modify the default line-height or font-size of the text within the progress bar. (An improper guess would break the layout.)
  • Percentage width to size the colored progress portions of the bar, as a matter of convenience and to prevent typos that could cause me to make them too large (and exceed the bar/sig size).
So I use percentages, but only for things that are almost absolutely necessary and to help ensure compliance with signature maximum size limits. Acceptable or no?
Even still, it's not allowed. If we make exceptions for one person, everyone else is going to ask for exceptions, etc, sorry :(

I'm sure there's a way to design it with px but it'd be a lot more complicated, you could always use a screenshot of it I guess? :x
Old November 22nd, 2011, 07:47 PM
DavidJCobb
RESIDENT RAAAAAAAAAAAAGEMASTER

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
I'm sure there's a way to design it with px but it'd be a lot more complicated, you could always use a screenshot of it I guess? :x
Understood. Percentage widths have been removed and the signature should now be compliant. It's a lot of code, though, so if I missed anything... Well, I'm sure I'll find out soon enough.

Percentage heights are needed for it to work, but OP never said anything about heights, so those, I left in... ;D
Old November 23rd, 2011, 04:38 AM
HaloSonic
NOM NOM NOM

Nature: Relaxed
obligatory "testing my sig" post. also, first time I've been here in a few months.

Good Bye Nintendo WiFi, you were fun. (my codes won't work anymore, so.... ya, hit me up on 3DS if you want dem trades.)
Old November 23rd, 2011, 04:44 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaloSonic View Post
obligatory "testing my sig" post. also, first time I've been here in a few months.
Welcome back to PC! But yes it's within the limits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidJCobb View Post
Understood. Percentage widths have been removed and the signature should now be compliant. It's a lot of code, though, so if I missed anything... Well, I'm sure I'll find out soon enough.

Percentage heights are needed for it to work, but OP never said anything about heights, so those, I left in... ;D
Yeah, it's fine now, and I'm pretty sure if the upper staff changes it to percentage in height in the future they'll let everybody know, soo fine for now! :)
Old November 23rd, 2011, 05:53 AM
Elite Overlord LeSabre™
Classic Elegance
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I don't see a scroll bar with my signature in my posts (using vBulletin default) but I (still)do see one when I view my signature in the "About Me" section of my profile. Mine's probably still okay, but I'd like to get confirmation, thanks!

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
PC Vital Stats
* Pair
* PC Family
* Bishies
* VG Claims
* Friend Codes
Links
* Blog
* Web Site
* Fan Fictions:
* Leaf Green LP
Friend Safari:
*GMC Safari
*Pontiac Safari
*Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser
Old November 23rd, 2011, 05:55 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Overlord LeSabre™ View Post
I don't see a scroll bar with my signature in my posts (using vBulletin default) but I (still)do see one when I view my signature in the "About Me" section of my profile. Mine's probably still okay, but I'd like to get confirmation, thanks!
Nah yours is fine, don't worry about that section of your profile, it appears because the limits are smaller there - just concentrate on your actual posts :)
Old November 23rd, 2011, 09:28 AM
Palcks
some nights.

Is my signature okay? I just came back here after months of being gone, and re-did the whole thing a bit, and I'm not completely sure. ><

ever grande city forums
Old November 23rd, 2011, 09:38 AM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palcks View Post
Is my signature okay? I just came back here after months of being gone, and re-did the whole thing a bit, and I'm not completely sure. ><
Your signature is fine and within the limits. c:
Old November 23rd, 2011, 09:43 AM
chella182
Drowzee

Nature: Rash
I'm really not sure how high 350px is... or about the 1mb size limit... is mine okay?

Old November 23rd, 2011, 09:49 AM
Lance
Pokémon Champion

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Lance
Quote:
Originally Posted by chella182 View Post
I'm really not sure how high 350px is... or about the 1mb size limit... is mine okay?
Yours is fine. You should be able to see the image size and stuff by right-clicking on your signature.
Old November 23rd, 2011, 09:51 AM
Azzurra
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live_Wire466 View Post

Yours is fine. You should be able to see the image size and stuff by right-clicking on your signature.
You mean right clicking, saving the image and seeing if it's within the variables in Paint (or any other image editing program).
Old November 23rd, 2011, 09:53 AM
Palcks
some nights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzurra View Post
You mean right clicking, saving the image and seeing if it's within the variables in Paint (or any other image editing program).
Or if you're in at least Firefox, right clicking and choosing "View Image Info."

ever grande city forums
Old November 23rd, 2011, 09:55 AM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Quote:
You can do this by opening it in a new tab in Chrome or by selecting its properties in any other browser. Simple as that.
Old November 23rd, 2011, 09:59 AM
Lance
Pokémon Champion

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Lance
Quote:
Yeah, and on Firefox there should be options like "View page source" that let your view the dimensions of sig images.
Old November 23rd, 2011, 10:01 AM
Oryx
open up your sea chart
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chella182 View Post
The 1MB limit is basically only going to be applied to animated images, which yours is not so you're fine. You're also fine on the height front as well.

'Hoy, small fry!
Old November 23rd, 2011, 06:55 PM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Alright. I know my signature is apparently "breaking the rules", but the question is: why? the image is 225 pixels, and the text definitely isn't 125px tall. I have a clue as to what it might be, which is the code below:

[cd="width: 0px; height: 0px; overflow: none;"][URL="http://vdexproject.net/user.php?user=7191"][IMG]http://vdexproject.net/p/7191/partymini.png[/IMG][/URL][URL="http://my.gpxpl.us/BinaryPeaches"][IMG]http://p.gpxpl.us/NOmY.png[/IMG][/URL][URL="http://my.gpxpl.us/Drea"][IMG]http://p.gpxpl.us/tReY.png[/IMG][/URL][/cd]

This worked just fine with my last signature (which I think was 200px overall height?) but it's not working with this one. I kind of want to know why. I'm not a CSS wiz, so I'm not sure. =w=; I have a guess but...

Last edited by Sora; November 23rd, 2011 at 07:14 PM.
Old November 23rd, 2011, 07:17 PM
Oryx
open up your sea chart
Community Supporter

Yours has...less space before it scrolls. Idk why that is, but if you look at mine, mine's much taller and doesn't scroll. Yours has no white space and definitely is not too tall, the sig just scrolls at 240px tall instead of 350.

If you take out that bit of code, does it fix the problem?

'Hoy, small fry!
Old November 23rd, 2011, 07:20 PM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Edit: Okay. So I took the advertising completely out of my signature, and now I have a scrollbar. I'm going to provide the whole coding for my signature below, so someone please tell me what's going on? I would like to know since this is what the collab is going to look like, derp...

Spoiler:
[CENTER][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/7SgRQ.png[/IMG][cd=font-size:11pt;font-family: segoe UI; letter-spacing:3pt;line-height:70%;color: #001c3f;][I]"it will always be... just the two of us"[/I][/cd][cd=font-size:10pt;font-family: segoe UI; letter-spacing:2pt;line-height:100%; color: #008e4a;][title=The Magical Alien Duckling Necromancer who is Queen of the Pies (aka Roswell)]pair[/title] - [title=Pokemon/Other Trivia]moderator[/title] - [title=preview for the upcoming Tales of Symphonia Collab!]theme[/title][/cd][/CENTER]

After messing with it a bit, it seems that two lines of the [cd] text coding causes it to happen. Why would this be?

I could fix this, but there has to be text/space underneath the CSS'd text for it to rid of the scrollbar. Is there a way to fix this?

Last edited by Sora; November 23rd, 2011 at 09:52 PM. Reason: screw all what i had before. ughhhh.
Old November 24th, 2011, 09:16 AM
LightOfTruth
Likes Hacks and Official Games

I don't post often but I bet its all right?

Get some Sims 3 stuff now

Old November 24th, 2011, 09:18 AM
Oryx
open up your sea chart
Community Supporter

Yeah, your signature is fine.

'Hoy, small fry!
Old November 24th, 2011, 10:00 AM
Xeberos
Friendship is Magic <3

Nature: Brave
How about my signature? I think that it is okay but gotta be sure.
Co-Owner of The Cute Pokemon Club
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here