The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Sideshow Showcase

Notices

Sideshow Showcase The place to show side-projects that you're working on, for the small yet still big things you want to do, such as translation patches, "386" patches, and anything small like that.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: Hack save routine for extra saveable space? Would break compatibility with flashcarts
Yes 16 21.05%
Yes - But have 2 patches. 1 with, 1 without. 56 73.68%
No 4 5.26%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 1st, 2012, 08:34 AM
Dimebag

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jambo51 View Post
I think (based on what Gamer2020 said to me) that the hack is no longer being developed or supported.
so this means that the only running genIII 649 patch project is yours :D I hope it reaches 100% completion as it is going to be a great breakthrough in ROM hacking ! And i will have a reason to replay FireRed for 146th time
Old July 1st, 2012, 11:20 PM
icyblade
Beginning Trainer

I don't seem to see any 4th or 5th gen pokemon in the wild do i need to do some other things than just patching it?

Old July 3rd, 2012, 02:57 AM
Dimebag

Hey i have a question....how many pokemon can be stored in the box system ?????? Is there enough space or you will hack it to add more space ?
Old July 3rd, 2012, 04:25 AM
Jambo51
Glory To Arstotzka

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by icyblade View Post
I don't seem to see any 4th or 5th gen pokemon in the wild do i need to do some other things than just patching it?
They don't appear in the wild. This is a ROM base for people to make hacks with, as opposed to a hack in and of itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gam3r! View Post
Hey i have a question....how many pokemon can be stored in the box system ?????? Is there enough space or you will hack it to add more space ?
Not even close to enough slots, and not even close to enough memory. There are 420 slots in the Box, which is obviously some way short of enough for one of every single species. However, taking out evolutions takes you closer to that 420 number, if not under it.

In theory, I'd love to add extra boxes, but in practice, there simply isn't any saved memory available for it, since each box takes 2400 bytes (80 per pokémon * 30 pokémon per box). To be able to store one of every species, we would need 22 boxes. There are currently 14. We'd need, therefore, at least 8 extra boxes.

8 * 2400 = 19200 bytes. In hex, that's 0x4B00 bytes. That, in saved memory terms, is 5 blocks worth of storage. We currently have less than 1 free block. Make sense?
Old July 3rd, 2012, 04:57 AM
Dimebag

i somewhat understand what you say...so even if in theory 649 pokemon are available in practice you will not be able to catch them due to lack of memory....
Old July 3rd, 2012, 06:39 AM
Lugia_Da_Boss
Togepi

"No Pokémon above Raichu have a moveset." What's the point of this 649 Pokémon patch if most of those Pokémon don't even have moves?
Old July 3rd, 2012, 07:35 AM
Jambo51
Glory To Arstotzka

Quote:
i somewhat understand what you say...so even if in theory 649 pokemon are available in practice you will not be able to catch them due to lack of memory....
Indeed. It's the one the very few things I can't overcome with a bit of ingenuity or work, because it's a hardware thing. I technically could extend the memory blocks enough for it to work, but it wouldn't be compatible with flashcarts or any such things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugia_Da_Boss View Post
"No Pokémon above Raichu have a moveset." What's the point of this 649 Pokémon patch if most of those Pokémon don't even have moves?
Ever heard the phrase Work in Progress...?
Old July 3rd, 2012, 07:35 AM
Germaniac
Victoria Concordia Crescit

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugia_Da_Boss View Post
What's the point of his work if he wouldn't add it soon?

EDIT: lol you beat me :D, by the way is it impossible to expand rom size to get some free space?
Old July 3rd, 2012, 12:48 PM
Dimebag

Quote:
Indeed. It's the one the very few things I can't overcome with a bit of ingenuity or work, because it's a hardware thing. I technically could extend the memory blocks enough for it to work, but it wouldn't be compatible with flashcarts or any such things.

Ever heard the phrase Work in Progress...?
is there any possibility that you will release a version with extended memory or something ( i don't know about hacking ) that allows more space or it is really impossible ( though it would break the compatibility with flashcarts ) but its your choice.Also i think you had a poll for something like that in the thread.( the most users replied to release 2 patches )
Old July 3rd, 2012, 03:44 PM
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by アルセウス View Post
What's the point of his work if he wouldn't add it soon?

EDIT: lol you beat me :D, by the way is it impossible to expand rom size to get some free space?
Assuming you're talking about the box storage issue,

free ROM space =/= free RAM space

Expanding the ROM will do absolutely nothing in terms of getting more save blocks.
Old July 4th, 2012, 08:58 AM
random-man

About the box issue, at the top of this thread is a closed poll saying that there will be two patches (one to increase the save file capacity and one without it) and that this would break compatibility with flash carts. Basically my question is that if you're creating two patches anyway then wouldn't that work out regardless? I thought 90% of people ran emulators anyway.
Old July 4th, 2012, 11:05 AM
Dimebag

Quote:
Originally Posted by random-man View Post
About the box issue, at the top of this thread is a closed poll saying that there will be two patches (one to increase the save file capacity and one without it) and that this would break compatibility with flash carts. Basically my question is that if you're creating two patches anyway then wouldn't that work out regardless? I thought 90% of people ran emulators anyway.
I ABSOLUTELY agree with you . i don't actually believe that people use flashcarts because we have emulators for -nearly-every device like phones , psp's and so on
Old July 4th, 2012, 02:08 PM
Jambo51
Glory To Arstotzka

That poll is somewhat outdated, but I was planning at the time to make 2 patches. However, it is basically completely irrelevant as things have changed since then, with evidence becoming clearer that it's very difficult if not impossible.

As to the emulator/flashcart thing - I disagree. Everything I've done is with a view to it working on real hardware. It's my decision at the end of the day, though, and I feel it IS important enough.
Old July 6th, 2012, 01:21 AM
Germaniac

Quote:
That poll is somewhat outdated, but I was planning at the time to make 2 patches. However, it is basically completely irrelevant as things have changed since then, with evidence becoming clearer that it's very difficult if not impossible.

As to the emulator/flashcart thing - I disagree. Everything I've done is with a view to it working on real hardware. It's my decision at the end of the day, though, and I feel it IS important enough.
You created the poll, so you must deal with it
Old July 6th, 2012, 01:58 AM
Dimebag

Quote:
Dont be rough with the creator of the hack ! This project needs more effort than a regular sideshow project would so please bear in mind that it is an 649 patch no one else had tried this in practice ( if we dont count gamer's 2020 hack which was abandoned)
Old July 6th, 2012, 03:47 AM
Germaniac

Quote:
Dont be rough with the creator of the hack ! This project needs more effort than a regular sideshow project would so please bear in mind that it is an 649 patch no one else had tried this in practice ( if we dont count gamer's 2020 hack which was abandoned)
Sorry, don't meant to be rough, maybe because i choose "must" instead of "should" , btw you don't know that jambo is working on another hack that will also include 649 pokemon?
Old July 6th, 2012, 04:07 AM
Dimebag

oh i didn't know that he's working on another hack ! that's great to hear ! Do you know how it's called ?
Old July 6th, 2012, 04:21 AM
Germaniac

Quote:
oh i didn't know that he's working on another hack ! that's great to hear ! Do you know how it's called ?
Pokemon Platinum Origins (click it to see)
Old July 6th, 2012, 06:01 AM
Dimebag

Quote:
Pokemon Platinum Origins (click it to see)
it looks great ! But why having 649 pokemon on a platinum demake ( irrelevant question) since platinum has 493 ? Anyways the thread is about fire red 649 so i would better stick with it
Old July 6th, 2012, 11:01 AM
The Master
Beginning Trainer

Hola amigo te quiero agradecer por el parche que se ve muy bien. Te estoy siguiendo hace un par de meses, y el proyecto se ve muy bien. Creo que antes habias publicado que no se podia lo de la doble batalla en el pasto, pero veo que lo has logrado. Estoy muy ansioso por empezar a hacer mi primer hack con este parche, yo soy muy novato, pero tengo un sueño, crear un juego con las 5 generaciones de pokemon.
Ya se que al proyecto le falta para que este terminado, pero puede haber una fecha aproximada para la finalizacion del mismo?.
Bueno ya no puedo resistir y lo quiero usar, lo de los movimientos los pondria yo, el tema es que no se nada de herramientas hexadecimales, y no se nisiquiera como poner un Victini o un Tepig en el pasto. Saber Hex es fundamental para el uso adecuado del parche, asi que te queria preguntar si me podrias dar el link de un tutorial para aprender todo lo que necesito, ya que no se por donde empezar , y no se nada de esto.
La cosa que para cambiarle los movimientos con una herramienta, no me reconoce los pokemon que has insertado, y tambiar para cambiar los sprites, no se si tambien se debe hacer con hex?.
Bueno ademas me gustaria hacer unas preguntas.
El parche:
.Va a incluir batalla triple?
.Estaran las nuevas formas de Pokemon Blanco 2/ Negro 2?
.Tendra mas posibilidades en el modo multijugador?
.Y si las opciones se van a poder editar?
Si por ejemplo,
Pones a Magmar que evolucione por piedra fuego, pero yo quiero que lo haga por intercambio con el magmotizador como en los verdaderos juego, se podra?
.Dijiste que estan todos los ataques insertados, pero estos ya tienen su determinada animacion en batalla, ya que no es lo mismo ver a V Generacion de Victini, que no ver nada.
.Va a ver animacion de los pokemon, no te digo como blanco y negro, sino como esmeralda?

Bueno creo que por ahora son todas las preguntas, pero estuve leyendo de que no tenias espacio para poner mas cajas, no pensaste en agrandar el room a 32 megas, ya que yo los tengo todos los de gba en 32M, por si falta espacio, por ahi ayude muche, es muy facil de hacer y si queres lo subo a internet asi te lo descargas, por ahi al tener un room mas grande encuentres mas posibilidades.

Desde ya gracias, vine del mundo del room hack español nada mas para agradecerte y animarte a continuar el proyecto ya que seguro que revolucionaras todo lo que significa el Hack room.
Disculpa por la traduccion, ya que utilizo la de google, gracias y saludos.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello friend I want to thank you for the patch looks great. I'm following a couple of months, and the project looks great. Had you posted I think before that it could not be of the double battle on the grass, but I see that you have succeeded. I am very anxious to start making my first hack with this patch, I am a newbie, but I have a dream, to create a game with 5 generations of pokemon.
I know that the project will take to get this done, but there may be an approximate date for the completion of it?.

Well I can not resist and I want to use, what the movements would put me, the issue is that not all hex tools, and no not even like putting a Tepig Victini or on the grass. Know Hex is essential for the proper use of the patch, so I wanted to ask if you could give me a link to a tutorial to learn everything I need, since no where to start, and not any of this.The thing to change the movements with a tool, not recognizing the pokemon you've inserted and tambiar to change the sprites, if not also be done with hex?.

Well I also would like to ask you some questions.
The patch:
.Will include triple battle?.
.Will the new forms of Pokemon White 2 / Black 2?
.You'll have more possibilities in multiplayer?
.And if the options are to be able to edit?
If for example,
You put Magmar to evolve by fire stone, but I want to do it for exchange with the magmotizador as in the real game, it may?.
.You said all attacks are inserted, but these have their given animation in battle, it is not the same seeing Victini Generation V, I did not see anything.

Going to see animation of the pokemon, do not say this as black and white, but as emerald?Well I think for now are all the questions, but I read that you had no space to put more boxes, no thought of enlarging the room to 32 megs, as I have them all on 32M gba, in case you need more space Muche help out there, it is very easy to do and if you want what you get on the internet so download it, for there to have a bigger room find more possibilities.

From already thank you, came from the world of Spanish hack anything more room to thank you and encourage you to continue the project because all revolucionaras sure what the hack room.

Sorry for the translation, since I use google, thanks and greetings.
Old July 8th, 2012, 08:08 AM
Jambo51
Glory To Arstotzka

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Master View Post
I know that the project will take to get this done, but there may be an approximate date for the completion of it?.
I can't promise a release date. It'll be done when it's done.

Quote:
Well I also would like to ask you some questions.
The patch:
.Will include triple battle?.
Absolutely not. The GBA simply does not have enough screen space to deal with 6 sprites at once. It would also be a lot of work to implement them in data terms.

Quote:
.Will the new forms of Pokemon White 2 / Black 2?
Yes.

Quote:
.You'll have more possibilities in multiplayer?
What?

Quote:
.And if the options are to be able to edit?
Of course you can edit it. However, I actually already added the necessary items such as the Magmarizer.

Quote:
You said all attacks are inserted, but these have their given animation in battle, it is not the same seeing Victini Generation V, I did not see anything.
What?

Quote:
no thought of enlarging the room to 32 megs, as I have them all on 32M gba
*facepalm*

It's not a lack of ROM space, it's a lack of SAVED RAM space.

Quote:
I created it when I thought it would be more easily possible, and to gauge how people thought about it. I don't HAVE to listen to it if I don't wish to.

It's been put firmly on the back burner until I have everything else working.

ETA: I was just given this link by Gamer2020. Turns out Vietnamese hackers are keeping an eye on this project too! Nice to know people from all over the world are taking notice! :D

Here

Last edited by Jambo51; July 14th, 2012 at 05:03 PM.
Old July 15th, 2012, 03:05 AM
LugiaMZ

This is an incomplete patchers? I use give pokemon script in game and I use RESHIRAM, when I take summary to RESHIRAM, the game crashed.
Old July 15th, 2012, 06:26 AM
Jambo51
Glory To Arstotzka

Quote:
Originally Posted by LugiaMZ View Post
This is an incomplete patchers? I use give pokemon script in game and I use RESHIRAM, when I take summary to RESHIRAM, the game crashed.
I already explained MULTIPLE TIMES that the gen 5 Pokémon DON'T HAVE SPRITES. This is because I'm waiting for Chaos Rush to make his new sprites.
Old July 15th, 2012, 07:48 AM
MegaKuriboh

Nature: Adamant
This is a really awesome project, and I'm very excited to be able to hack this in tbe future! I would love to make a 649 Fire Red Hard Version! Good luck on completing this project!
Old July 15th, 2012, 02:23 PM
random-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Kevin View Post
This is a really awesome project, and I'm very excited to be able to hack this in tbe future! I would love to make a 649 Fire Red Hard Version! Good luck on completing this project!
:O That actually sounds very appealing! Even moreso if there are gonna be proper scripted events for all the legendaries etc. I can't wait to see what some people will do using this patch and all the features it will allow :D
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links