Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Sideshow Showcase
Notices

Sideshow Showcase The place to show side-projects that you're working on, for the small yet still big things you want to do, such as translation patches, "386" patches, and anything small like that.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: Hack save routine for extra saveable space? Would break compatibility with flashcarts
Yes 16 21.05%
Yes - But have 2 patches. 1 with, 1 without. 56 73.68%
No 4 5.26%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 23rd, 2011, 04:04 PM
Wiznatts

Advertise here
This hack doesn't "go" anywhere. It is a patch that will bring all the fancy things from the DS games to our comfy little FireRed ROM so that we can play with the cool new things in our hacks without having to work with DS ROMs themselves. The new Pokemon, items, evolution methods, etc were added by rewriting the parts of the game's code that limit the number of Pokemon available using an ASM compiler and Hex editor.

And as far as the problems with A-Map go, its not a problem with the hack. A-Map just isn't coded to allow more Pokemon than are normally found. If Lu-Ho wants to make an edit to A-Map that allows support for this patch it probably wouldn't be too hard.
Old December 23rd, 2011, 04:11 PM
Jambo51
Glory To Arstotzka

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiznatts View Post
And as far as the problems with A-Map go, its not a problem with the hack. A-Map just isn't coded to allow more Pokemon than are normally found. If Lu-Ho wants to make an edit to A-Map that allows support for this patch it probably wouldn't be too hard.
I actually suggested a way Lu-Ho could add something to the INI of A-Map which would be able to get the number of Pokémon in the ROM based on a set area of the ROM.

I don't know how difficult it would be for him to add that functionality - or if it would be easier (if less pretty) just to have a "Number of Pokémon" in the ini.

Incidentally - this same problem also applies to A-Trainer, and probably a large number of other tools as well, so it's not just A-Map that isn't geared towards supporting this.
Hey guys, please check out my recreations of the gen 1 and 2 music on my custom engine at my SoundCloud! - Here!
Old December 23rd, 2011, 04:19 PM
jstolze

hey, can you make it at all possible to download from any site that doesn't have surveys? Also, I can't visit it as my anti-virus gives this site a malicious rating, and blocks it. Please, I would support you and all, but I don't want to have to give personal info just so i can unlock the download...
Old December 23rd, 2011, 04:20 PM
Jambo51
Glory To Arstotzka

That shouldn't happen. At all. Ever.
Nonetheless, I can provide a free link for ya.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24219056/649...0Alpha%202.rar
Hey guys, please check out my recreations of the gen 1 and 2 music on my custom engine at my SoundCloud! - Here!
Old December 23rd, 2011, 04:22 PM
jstolze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jambo51 View Post
That shouldn't happen. At all. Ever.
Nonetheless, I can provide a free link for ya.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24219056/649...0Alpha%202.rar
Damn, you reply super fast. Anyways, thanks for uploading it to somewhere other than linkbucks.
Old December 23rd, 2011, 04:28 PM
Jambo51
Glory To Arstotzka

Actually, the linkbucks link links to that address - but I kinda wanted money. Normally, linkbucks isn't an issue, and hey, I get a cent for every gazillion hits or something.
It's not like i'm charging people to use the patch, that'd be extremely cynical, but it's always nice to make a hobby pay.
Old December 24th, 2011, 07:02 AM
liladeel11
Beginning Trainer

Jambo if you can perfect this, it will be one of the best things EVER in the rom hacking community.
Old December 24th, 2011, 09:46 PM
Wiznatts

Yeah, I'd imagine there would be a bunch of tools that wouldn't know what to do with the new Pokemon/abilities/moves/items/evo methods (like YAPE) available. But if Gamer2020's tool set has .inis that support the patch it might not be that big of an issue. But hex editors still exist so...
Old December 26th, 2011, 12:47 AM
Xanza

Nature: Calm
This would be a milestone in the rom hacking community. Keep it up Jambo.

Old December 27th, 2011, 11:30 AM
pppfffgg
Beginning Trainer

Aweosmo, awesome patch, just a question. Will this increase the number of pokemon boxes?
Old December 27th, 2011, 11:53 AM
Jambo51
Glory To Arstotzka

No. There simply isn't the memory space available.
Old December 27th, 2011, 10:11 PM
pppfffgg
Beginning Trainer

I kind of expected that. Well, i guess i won't really miss catching rattata or other useless pokemon. thanks for replying so fast and sorry for bad english
Old January 3rd, 2012, 10:11 PM
mobimaster2222
Beginning Trainer

Hey I really wanna try this, but when I patch the .ips on a clean firered (u) rom, it's size changes from 16mb to 16.06mb and it is unplayable. I'm a complete noob, so can u tell me if this is normal? I had applied a few other .ips patches to a few other games but the rom size had always remained the same.

And best of luck for this extraordinary project.
Old January 3rd, 2012, 10:22 PM
Pia Carrot
Gen II Hacker | PHO Enthusiast

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobimaster2222 View Post
Hey I really wanna try this, but when I patch the .ips on a clean firered (u) rom, it's size changes from 16mb to 16.06mb and it is unplayable. I'm a complete noob, so can u tell me if this is normal? I had applied a few other .ips patches to a few other games but the rom size had always remained the same.

And best of luck for this extraordinary project.
I believe you have to resize the rom to 32mb first, the only way I know how to do this is with the feature in XSE.

Old January 4th, 2012, 02:07 AM
Jambo51
Glory To Arstotzka

You don't need to do any such thing. The entire patch fits into the 16 megabyte ROM. What patcher are you using? You should be using Lunar IPS. That has certainly never happened to me when testing the patch. Also - Electricity is overrated...
Old January 4th, 2012, 02:33 AM
mobimaster2222
Beginning Trainer

Edit: My problem's solved. All the while it was the .rar extracting tool I was using.

The patch works great. Very good job! Can't wait to see it after the movesets and other missing data are filled!

Last edited by mobimaster2222; January 5th, 2012 at 12:34 PM.
Old January 12th, 2012, 10:39 PM
P0kemon Trainer Red
Dragon Type User

Wow. Amazing. Mind-glowingly spectacular. And yes, I said glowingly. My mind started glowing. xD Oh but Jambo I sent you a message on YouTube a few hours ago(mrbeaver47). Disregard it. That was before I found this. I can't wait until this is up and running so I can use it as a hack base. For now I will deal with 25 extra Pokemon. Is Lu-Ho still active? I wonder if he would update A map. Is there any way someone else could?
My hacks:

Hacks I support:

Old January 13th, 2012, 11:31 AM
Sayan
is tightening its focus

Whoa! This is incredible! If u can really programme all the new moves and abilities I'd be super impressed!

But tell me one thing, is the implementation of the physical/special split complete? Because in my patched ROM it doesn't seem to be working. I've tested a few attacks, for instance Pursuit is still special. I also didn't find the physical/special indicator images like the ones now in LC. I was actually a little surprised at this as I'm pretty sure I saw you take part in a discussion about the split and the indicators (and I assumed that had been the source of this feature).

I don't want to sound bossy or demanding though. Just take your time and keep at it. I'll be really looking forward to it.
Old January 13th, 2012, 12:13 PM
Jambo51
Glory To Arstotzka

Quote:
Originally Posted by P0kemon Trainer Red View Post
Wow. Amazing. Mind-glowingly spectacular. And yes, I said glowingly. My mind started glowing. xD Oh but Jambo I sent you a message on YouTube a few hours ago(mrbeaver47). Disregard it. That was before I found this. I can't wait until this is up and running so I can use it as a hack base. For now I will deal with 25 extra Pokemon. Is Lu-Ho still active? I wonder if he would update A map. Is there any way someone else could?
Thanks, and you're welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayan View Post
Whoa! This is incredible! If u can really programme all the new moves and abilities I'd be super impressed!

But tell me one thing, is the implementation of the physical/special split complete? Because in my patched ROM it doesn't seem to be working. I've tested a few attacks, for instance Pursuit is still special. I also didn't find the physical/special indicator images like the ones now in LC. I was actually a little surprised at this as I'm pretty sure I saw you take part in a discussion about the split and the indicators (and I assumed that had been the source of this feature).

I don't want to sound bossy or demanding though. Just take your time and keep at it. I'll be really looking forward to it.
This patch was posted some time before that whole discussion took place. It has been fixed/added now!
Old January 13th, 2012, 12:22 PM
Sayan
is tightening its focus

So, did u upload the fixed patch? I mean the 1 in the 1st page, is it the fixed one?
Old January 13th, 2012, 12:30 PM
Jambo51
Glory To Arstotzka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayan View Post
So, did u upload the fixed patch? I mean the 1 in the 1st page, is it the fixed one?
No. Alpha 3 will contain all the fixed stuff, as well as some new stuff.

And now a friendly warning to all who are using/thinking about using this patch right now.

Remember, no developing hacks based on this patch yet!
There's a reason I still call it an ALPHA.
Old January 13th, 2012, 06:34 PM
P0kemon Trainer Red
Dragon Type User

When do you think Alpha 3 will be released.
My hacks:

Hacks I support:

Old January 14th, 2012, 02:28 AM
Jambo51
Glory To Arstotzka

I'm not gonna promise a date because I don't want the patch to be rushed towards the end like LC was. Don't get me wrong, LC turned out great, but the main release is buggy as hell, so most people are advised to skip straight to the Live Beta. This is all because Link was still adding features and fixing other bugs right up to release time. He didn't have adequate testing time.
Old January 14th, 2012, 05:24 PM
pokemonmasteraaron
The blind Pokémon Master!

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to pokemonmasteraaron
Umm.
Why do the keep using transform?
Where an I find unovian and sinno Pokémon?
Game developer.
Not nearly as active on here as I used to be.
Still like meeting and talking to pokemon fanatics like myself.
Old January 15th, 2012, 07:57 AM
Jambo51
Glory To Arstotzka

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemonmasteraaron View Post
Umm.
Why do the keep using transform?
Where an I find unovian and sinno Pokémon?
Because I haven't inserted the movesets yet, and I was using Transform to try to work out how I could made the formes work.

The Unova and Sinnoh Pokémon have been added to the game, but they aren't found anywhere. This isn't a "standard" hack. It's just a ROM base for other people to make hacks on top of. If you want to see the Sinnoh/Unova Pokémon, there's 2 ways you can go about it.
1) Hex edit the wild data so that they appear in the wild.
2) Fill out the Pokédex using the Memory Viewer function of VBA. (To do this, Click Tools -> Memory Viewer... Then when it's opened, go to 0203E000 and then fill out the next 164 bytes with 0xFFs. This will make the Pokédex fill out all the seen and caught data.)
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here