Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Sideshow Showcase
Reload this Page FireRed hack: FireRed 649 Patch

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Sideshow Showcase The place to show side-projects that you're working on, for the small yet still big things you want to do, such as translation patches, "386" patches, and anything small like that.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: Hack save routine for extra saveable space? Would break compatibility with flashcarts
Yes 16 21.05%
Yes - But have 2 patches. 1 with, 1 without. 56 73.68%
No 4 5.26%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old June 4th, 2012 (02:01 AM).

Quote originally posted by Chaos Rush:
Miracle Eye: Leer, but with Dark background. I tried using the Mind Reader animation but that resulted in some glitches, maybe Foresight would work though...
What kind of glitches? It'd be a shame to not use Mind Reader since it looks like such a perfect animation for this.

Also, will you make some videos of these? It would be nice to see them actually in-game :)
Old June 6th, 2012 (03:16 PM).
Writer

I must say I keep getting surprised whenever I come to this thread!
I can't do much but keep cheering up for you all, yet this looks so promissing!

I can feel that within our reach are perfect recriations of 4th generation <or maybe even 5th> games, by hacking a fire red rom. Please do keep it up!

Good luck :D
Old June 6th, 2012 (04:18 PM).

Epic work once again, Jambo! great patch for firered and once its done(No more bugs), im gonna use it fr rom hacking. awsome job!

Visit gamemakers:www.gamemakers.longluntan.net!
Old June 13th, 2012 (10:17 PM).

wow, i had to read about this the entire way through starting from the original page. its 2:15 am where i'm currently at, and you had me hooked on your project the instant i saw in the sideshow showcase. I'm not a romhacker or anything but the work you've put into this is really amazing. I learned a thing or two on hex thats for sure lol. Keep up the good work, I'll be cheering for you!
Old June 14th, 2012 (07:48 PM).

Is it possible for these to appear in the wild? Or do they just stay in code? How do you get them?
Old June 17th, 2012 (10:27 AM).
Pokemon DarkJasper!?

Nature: Calm
Quote originally posted by jasonguppy:
Is it possible for these to appear in the wild? Or do they just stay in code? How do you get them?
Read through the thread! Jambo51 has already explained how...
Old June 17th, 2012 (05:53 PM).
Pokemon Master, Hack lover

Send a message via Skype™ to PokeMasterPLA2
This is going to revolutionize the way gba rom hacking works i can't wait for it to be perfected man, i really wanna use this.
Old June 20th, 2012 (04:20 AM).
Glory To Arstotzka

Nature: Quiet
Just posting to say that I nerfed Wonder Guard in the patch. If you give your Pokémon Wonder Guard by using hacks, cheats or memory edits, the game will ignore Wonder Guard. It will ONLY work if the Pokémon gets it legitimately through Trace, or if the Pokémon is Shedinja. Hopefully it'll help to stop cheaters gaining a huge advantage over the game's AI.
Old June 20th, 2012 (04:30 AM).
what
Crystal Tier

Hey.
So I haven't hacked in a while.
I might just wait for this patch since I plan on adding Fakémon which is easier with 4th/5th gen moves and abilities.
Really great job you're doing here :)
Of course you're Scottish so that's only natural.

Because it should've won HotY.
Pear
Frodo Baggins
Twitter
Youtube
CBC
Old June 22nd, 2012 (08:43 AM).

A thought occurred to me
In addition to the 649 pokemon, could 101 "empty" slots be created? (bringing the total to the nice, clean, 750)
Most people probably wouldn't use it, but it would be a nice little thing for people that want to add some of their own fakemon in addition to the real ones in their hack
Old June 22nd, 2012 (09:07 AM).

Well, I would think that someone using the patch could do that rather easily themselves, since the patch does all the hard work. Unless I'm mistaken, wouldn't it just take looking at what the patch has done to the pokemon data and replicating the effect?
Old June 22nd, 2012 (09:54 PM).
im sexy and i know it

Nature: Adamant
So I downloaded the Live Beta and I noticed...

You're just too awesome...
Old June 24th, 2012 (04:23 PM).
Glory To Arstotzka

Quote originally posted by Chaos Rush:
So I downloaded the Live Beta and I noticed...

You're just too awesome...
Um, you're welcome? The only reason I can do this in the first place is that you're making the sprites. On the subject of you making sprites, I inserted and farted around a bit with some of your Gen 5 sprites, and was able to achieve this:

This didn't take too long to do, for the actual sprites, since I already had code to separate them, but I had to add brand new code for the pallets tonight! I rather enjoy the fact that it worked so well though.
Old June 24th, 2012 (05:31 PM).

Looking forward to more.
Keep up the good job !
Fantastic !
Old June 26th, 2012 (01:52 AM).

Gender differences too? :O What is gonna happen about Shellos and Gastrodon?
Old June 26th, 2012 (05:02 PM). Edited June 26th, 2012 by Jambo51.
Glory To Arstotzka

Quote originally posted by random-man:
Gender differences too? :O What is gonna happen about Shellos and Gastrodon?
Shellos and Gastrodon, you ask? Well, both sets of sprites and pallets are in the game. At the moment, I have a table in the ROM which is checked when getting the sprite/pallet for Shellos and Gastrodon. The table defines all map names which are considered to be "West" for Shellos and Gastrodon.

The game checks where the Shellos/Gastrodon was generated (which is stored into the Pokémon data as soon as it's generated), and then compares where it was generated against the list of West map names. If it's on it, it loads the West Sea Sprite and Pallet, otherwise, it loads the East Sea Sprite and Pallet.

Unfortunately, it's not possible to generate a decent looking image for this, since I would need to use a debugger to force one Shellos in a Double Wild Battle to be East Sea, while allowing the other one to generate normally.

I hope my explanation tells you enough, though!

ETA: Ah, sod it. I did it anyway - here's a screenshot!

Please note that the genders and levels are irrelevant. It may look otherwise because the genders happen to match the colouration in both sprites, but I can assure you it's irrelevant!
Old June 26th, 2012 (07:17 PM).
blue eye + brown eye =awesome

Nature: Relaxed
Quote originally posted by Jambo51:
Shellos and Gastrodon, you ask? Well, both sets of sprites and pallets are in the game. At the moment, I have a table in the ROM which is checked when getting the sprite/pallet for Shellos and Gastrodon. The table defines all map names which are considered to be "West" for Shellos and Gastrodon.

The game checks where the Shellos/Gastrodon was generated (which is stored into the Pokémon data as soon as it's generated), and then compares where it was generated against the list of West map names. If it's on it, it loads the West Sea Sprite and Pallet, otherwise, it loads the East Sea Sprite and Pallet.

Unfortunately, it's not possible to generate a decent looking image for this, since I would need to use a debugger to force one Shellos in a Double Wild Battle to be East Sea, while allowing the other one to generate normally.

I hope my explanation tells you enough, though!

ETA: Ah, sod it. I did it anyway - here's a screenshot!

Please note that the genders and levels are irrelevant. It may look otherwise because the genders happen to match the colouration in both sprites, but I can assure you it's irrelevant!
I'm waiting until it's closer to being completed, but anyways, this is awesome.

My wife and I share my PSN account.
Old June 27th, 2012 (12:58 PM).

Thanks Jambo! That answers my question perfectly! :D I guess those wild double battles come in pretty useful for demonstrating sprite stuff. I wish you all the best for finishing this, I'm immensely excited for your Pokemon Yellow remake and I hope it uses the modded Fire Red you're creating here.
Old June 28th, 2012 (01:32 AM).

Nature: Gentle
What the ?! :O double wild pokemon battles ?????
Always liked your 649 patch project it's a "simple" hack with no story changes but it has a feature that other fire red hacks don't....649 ! Is there any other hack like this ??? anyways good luck with your project
Old June 28th, 2012 (01:52 AM).
Victoria Concordia Crescit

Nature: Relaxed
Quote originally posted by gam3r!:
What the ?! :O double wild pokemon battles ?????
Always liked your 649 patch project it's a "simple" hack with no story changes but it has a feature that other fire red hacks don't....649 ! Is there any other hack like this ??? anyways good luck with your project
Gamer2020 said he got 649 pokemon on Emerald, but i haven't tested it myself, so i don't know it's real or not
Old June 28th, 2012 (11:51 PM).
Memento Mori
Gold Tier

Nature: Calm
WOW, Jambo o.O
I haven't checked this thread for some time and you've already completed all of this? o.O
You really are awesome!

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old June 30th, 2012 (09:03 AM).

Hello Jambo.

Great job on doing that patch. I'd like to use it for the base as my hack, since it has access to all the strategy potential 5th gen has. Do you allow me to use it? Or rather, would you suggest it to a beginner in Rom Hacking?
Old June 30th, 2012 (10:20 AM).

Nature: Gentle
Quote originally posted by アルセウス:
Gamer2020 said he got 649 pokemon on Emerald, but i haven't tested it myself, so i don't know it's real or not
seems legit....it is in beta 1 ...i think i'll try it after THIS :D
Old June 30th, 2012 (01:10 PM).
Glory To Arstotzka

Quote originally posted by Daikoru:
Hello Jambo.

Great job on doing that patch. I'd like to use it for the base as my hack, since it has access to all the strategy potential 5th gen has. Do you allow me to use it? Or rather, would you suggest it to a beginner in Rom Hacking?
No. The patch is far from finished. I won't allow anyone to base a hack on it until it's finished.

Quote originally posted by gam3r!:
seems legit....it is in beta 1 ...i think i'll try it after THIS :D
I think (based on what Gamer2020 said to me) that the hack is no longer being developed or supported.
Old June 30th, 2012 (05:22 PM).

I see. Well, I still tried to see how it would work on programs supported by PGE, and I just kept getting errors all over the place. So I guess I'll have to stick with Gen 3 moves and abilities.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links