Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Art & Design
Notices

Art & Design For digital, traditional, design, photography and mixed media art, Pokémon-related or not. Showcase or discuss anything related to the visual arts here.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 17th, 2012, 08:42 AM
Robert Conley
GPXPlus.net/user/Robert+Conley

Nature: Docile

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by irvan316 View Post
how you resize the image pefectly without distortion?
I'm almost certain that they're doing more than just resizing. They should also have to do some amount of re-outlining and reshaping of the sprite to get it to look right after the resize.
Old June 17th, 2012, 08:36 PM
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

Nature: Adamant
I would like to announce that I am doing female sprites for all Pokemon that have female sprites. Such as Venusaur. And Rattata. And Starly.

I will post them...when I feel like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbeke View Post
done with swablu's backsprite, i'm going to start from the begining and do treecko next ... or just the backsprite seems it's about the same size as the ruby/sapphire sprite
Actually don't do the Hoenn starters. Seems the sprite artists got lazy when they made backsprites for the Hoenn starters in D/P, and it looks to me like they just edited the Gen III backsprites a bit. If they were to be shrunken down 80%, they would be significantly smaller than they were in Gen III, so I haven't decided what I'm going to do with them, but either way just let me handle those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysX View Post
Google Translation:

Hi
I've been all 386 Pokemon sprites from black and white (even the shiny form) resized for all gba versions.

Works with ALL versions so GBA Fire Red / Leaf Green Emerald AND / sapphire / ruby ​​(careful with emerald: second frame of the animation is not displayed)

board.romresources.net/board6-romhacking/board9-showcase/10272-fr-bg-sm-sa-ru-pokemon-sprites-s-w-fr-rombase/
Sorry but those sprites kinda suck and don't go with my guidlines.

Quote:
With your IV and V and I II III Pokeomn my sprites, we have all the Pokemon damn cool. I have your site linked in my thread
lolno. You're using B/W backsprites which looks stupid in a GBA game, and I'm using resized HG/SS backsprites which doesn't look stupid in a GBA game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by irvan316 View Post
how you resize the image pefectly without distortion?
You don't. You have to manually clean up the distortion. That's why this project is taking such a damn long time.

Last edited by Chaos Rush; June 17th, 2012 at 08:44 PM.
Old June 18th, 2012, 12:22 AM
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to tajaros
@ChaosRush

Hey will you use my sprites?
Old June 18th, 2012, 03:49 AM
PhysX
Beginning Trainer

"Sorry but those sprites kinda suck and don't go with my guidlines.

lolno. You're using B/W backsprites which looks stupid in a GBA game, and I'm using resized HG/SS backsprites which doesn't look stupid in a GBA game."

Your decision.
Besides these I think that the B/W back sprites look good in rom,
they just have to put further downward so that the pokemon is not completely on it.
Well I still have linked you in my thread to propose an alternative.
Even though you will not do this ...
You can still take my front sprites (If you or other want it):
mediafire.com/?cv6zt7hkuje4cyn
Old June 18th, 2012, 06:00 AM
mewmasterify
Actual Mew

Nature: Quiet
Hey, Chaos Rush are you gonna use my Genesect and Vrizion Sprite
Old June 18th, 2012, 06:32 AM
kyle_649
Unhatched Egg

This is my terrakion sprite
Old June 18th, 2012, 07:09 AM
Tropical Sunlight
The Faltine

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tropical Sunlight
Quote:
"Sorry but those sprites kinda suck and don't go with my guidlines.

lolno. You're using B/W backsprites which looks stupid in a GBA game, and I'm using resized HG/SS backsprites which doesn't look stupid in a GBA game."

Your decision.
Besides these I think that the B/W back sprites look good in rom,
they just have to put further downward so that the pokemon is not completely on it.
Well I still have linked you in my thread to propose an alternative.
Even though you will not do this ...
You can still take my front sprites (If you or other want it):
mediafire.com/?cv6zt7hkuje4cyn
There are some pretty detailed instructions on how to make a sprite sheet suitable for Chaos Rush's needs on the first post. If you want him to accept your sprites, you should make them according to these instructions.
Old June 18th, 2012, 08:00 AM
PhysX
Beginning Trainer

He don't need to "accept" if he want it or not isn't my problem, I only want to make a enjoyment and as I see this, i want to tell him, that he doesn't need to resize the I II II gen. He don't like my work? Fine doesn't matter.

So if you like the B/W backsprites take mine, if you like his sprites take them.
Old June 18th, 2012, 11:13 AM
Rodriguezjames55
No Jokes #MegaCharizard

Send a message via Skype™ to Rodriguezjames55
Chaos i humbly ask to use your magic powers to make a Pawniward and Bishap sprite
Old June 18th, 2012, 12:04 PM
Tropical Sunlight
The Faltine

Quote:
He don't need to "accept" if he want it or not isn't my problem, I only want to make a enjoyment and as I see this, i want to tell him, that he doesn't need to resize the I II II gen. He don't like my work? Fine doesn't matter.

So if you like the B/W backsprites take mine, if you like his sprites take them.
Why post them here, then?
I'm sure the Resources thread would warmly welcome your sprites, which aren't even that bad - except not up to the standards of this project.
Old June 18th, 2012, 02:38 PM
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajaros View Post
@ChaosRush

Hey will you use my sprites?
No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mewmasterify View Post
Hey, Chaos Rush are you gonna use my Genesect and Vrizion Sprite
No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodriguezjames55 View Post
Chaos i humbly ask to use your magic powers to make a Pawniward and Bishap sprite
When the time comes, yes. Just be patient :D

@Tropical Sunlight: Your Voltorb, Cleffa, and Electrode sprites look nice, I'll keep those in mind when I get to those.
Old June 18th, 2012, 05:23 PM
Rodriguezjames55
No Jokes #MegaCharizard

thank you chaos i showed mine
Old June 19th, 2012, 12:22 AM
Tropical Sunlight
The Faltine

I'm doing Taillow & Swellow next.

EDIT:

Next I'll be doing Lotad, Lombre & possibly Ludicolo.

Last edited by Tropical Sunlight; June 19th, 2012 at 06:20 AM.
Old June 19th, 2012, 04:00 AM
Gerokunz

You can use my front sprites.
They're in attachments.
(I hope they're useful.)
Attached Images
File Type: png FrontPack.png‎ (7.1 KB, 51 views) (Save to Dropbox)
=/
Old June 19th, 2012, 06:25 AM
BlacknYellowHD

Hey Chaos Rush.
This topic is the only reason why I am here.
I sent you Gyarados via PM, because I can't post here pics (I need 15 posts -.-')
I think you won't use it, or you didn't see.
Could you answer?
But I'm pretty sure you hate it xD
And good luck with this, I'll enjoy ;D
BlacknYellowHD

Last edited by BlacknYellowHD; June 19th, 2012 at 07:34 AM.
Old June 19th, 2012, 01:37 PM
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

I decided to add this to the first post:
I am no longer accepting helpers.

Here's why:
*SO MANY PEOPLE ARE PMing ME SUCKY SPRITES IT'S SO ANNOYING
*I don't have the free time to edit and assemble into sheets every sprite that people post (not to mention that, not to sound cocky or anything, but I'm going to be brutally honest, no one's resizing skills match mine, and it's actually harder for me to fix someone's crappy sprite when I can just start over from scratch)
*My brain doesn't have the memory capacity to keep track of every sprite that someone posts
*Dear people that keep PMing me with sucky sprites, STOP PMING ME.
*Also I'm probably going to make some changes to my "master sheets" (the sheets I've made containing 80x80 versions of this project), due to the Black 2 & White 2 sprites being ripped probably by tomorrow

On a more cheery note:

:D

Last edited by Chaos Rush; June 19th, 2012 at 07:54 PM.
Old June 19th, 2012, 10:45 PM
Tropical Sunlight
The Faltine

Now that's not completely fair. I think I outdid myself with Swellow, and the rest are pretty good too.

On the other hand, the gender differences make me ask a question: which sprite are you using in your rombase hack?
Old June 20th, 2012, 05:35 AM
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical Sunlight View Post
Now that's not completely fair. I think I outdid myself with Swellow, and the rest are pretty good too.
There's lots of outlining issues that I'm picky about. Such as the smoothness of the yellow part of Surskit's backsprite, and Swellow's backsprite has lots of weird outlining descisions. It's just because I like "smooth" things, and I've been spriting since 2006, and I see things in yours and others sprites that don't artistically make sense.

And in reality, the rules haven't really changed. If someone posts a decent sprite & wants me to use it, sure I'll still use it. "If your sprite sucks I won't use it. Simple as that". But it's annoying when someone posts a crappy sprite, then I ignore it, then people keep PMing me "hey did you see my sprite" (I'm not talking about anyone in particular, several people have done that, and it's annoying). This is my project and I have the right to want high-quality sprites.

Quote:
On the other hand, the gender differences make me ask a question: which sprite are you using in your rombase hack?
My 649 rom base will have gender differences.
Old June 20th, 2012, 05:44 AM
Tropical Sunlight
The Faltine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos Rush View Post
And in reality, the rules haven't really changed. If someone posts a decent sprite & wants me to use it, sure I'll still use it. "If your sprite sucks I won't use it. Simple as that". But it's annoying when someone posts a crappy sprite, then I ignore it, then people keep PMing me "hey did you see my sprite" (I'm not talking about anyone in particular, several people have done that, and it's annoying). This is my project and I have the right to want high-quality sprites.
Alright, I understand where you're going with this. (Un)fortunately your standards are so high you cannot but rely solely on yourself.
I'll still be following this thread, and thanks for the service you're doing for the community. I wish you the best of luck.
Old June 20th, 2012, 06:01 PM
cmbeke
Just Plain Crazy

Well I enjoy making these and if you use them you use them, so here's another.
Attached Images
File Type: png 262 - Mightyena.png‎ (1.4 KB, 387 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Old June 23rd, 2012, 02:07 AM
Wiznatts

For some reason I keep forgetting to post sprites here. Anyway have a whole boat load.
Spoiler:

This is another pixel over, this time from an anime screenshot. I'm not sure if I even like it anymore, I may try and find some better art or just resize the ingame sprite. If I do this link should update automatically anyway though.

This is a pixel over of the Dream World art, which I personally like much better.

Once again, this is a sprite I'm not really sure I actually like. Its a pixel over of the Conquest art and it feels a little too dynamic for my taste. Plus it was really hard to fit the small details in shrinking the original by half. Not to mention the outline on the top feels funky.

I like the arm out part of the animation better than the standard pose.

As you can see I stopped just going in order and started picking and choosing sprites to do. Hopefully you can make use of these, at least the ones that are just resizes. I'll probably be on a bit of a spriting binge for a bit so I should make rather quick progress.
Old June 23rd, 2012, 07:53 AM
Rodriguezjames55
No Jokes #MegaCharizard

@Wiznatts Zoraack and bisharp thank you
Bisharp for wichu

http://s1197.photobucket.com/albums/...urrent=www.png

Last edited by Rodriguezjames55; June 23rd, 2012 at 06:15 PM.
Old June 23rd, 2012, 09:23 AM
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

@Jambo51: In case you weren't aware, a lot of times I'll update without actually making a new post saying "hey guys I updated". If you check the first post, you'll see that I have up to Boldore completed, even though I never actually posted saying "hey guys I made Boldore". I'm just saying this because I saw in your Live Beta that you inserted up to Pidove, which was the last sprite I made a new post about. So just keep checking the first post and you'll see new sprites.

Quote:
can you do a pawniward and bisharp soon my pawniward look like crap and bisharps not the best
Quote:
Quote:
@Wiznatts Zoraack and bisharp thank you
Now, I know that I'm not a mod or anything, but can you please stop spamming? And stop posting in this thread, thank you. No where in the rules does it say you're allowed to make requests - the only person allowed to make requests is Jambo51, because of his 649 project.
Old June 23rd, 2012, 09:33 AM
Rodriguezjames55
No Jokes #MegaCharizard

k ill stop posting I REALLY needed that sprite
EDIT-the last one i wasn't asking anything was thanking Wiznatts

Last edited by Rodriguezjames55; June 24th, 2012 at 09:06 AM. Reason: .
Old June 24th, 2012, 01:22 PM
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

I'm posting to explain why the placement of the Klink-parts are different from the B/W backsprites: In the B/W backsprites, they're on the wrong side, so it's anatomically incorrect. I've corrected it by moving the Klink part to the right, where it was left in the original. As for the slight difference in shiny colors between corresponding parts on Klang and Klinklang, that's because it's also like that in B/W, but I didn't want to change it in case it screws up the 16-color limit.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here