The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Art & Design

Notices

Art & Design For digital, traditional, design, photography and mixed media art, Pokémon-related or not. Showcase or discuss anything related to the visual arts here.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 29th, 2013 (06:41 PM).
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

Nature: Adamant
Hoenn Pokemon from Treecko all the way to Beautifly have been added, with sprites mostly resized by karatekid552, and adjustments made by me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJBottomz View Post
Aw, I thought that was the best one :c (although Masquerain begs to differ). What specifically was wrong with it? I could fix it easily. Also, did you mean both sprites were denied or just the back one?
Well specifically towards the bottom of the wall in the backsprite, the outline looks wonky and not round.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11bayerf1 View Post
More offerings to the Chaos God!

Spoiler:
All accepted, but you might want to fix the outlines towards the top of Ursaring's head on the backsprite, cause it looks a little wonky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adipasa View Post
umm..... bro why is the backsprite like this ?
I know why, it's because of a simple conflict black shades between the back and front sprite, leading it to technically exceed the 16-color limit. I've fixed it now, so try the new one.
Old July 29th, 2013 (06:57 PM). Edited July 29th, 2013 by adipasa.
adipasa
Amateur Hacker

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos Rush View Post
Hoenn Pokemon from Treecko all the way to Beautifly have been added, with sprites mostly resized by karatekid552, and adjustments made by me.

Well specifically towards the bottom of the wall in the backsprite, the outline looks wonky and not round.

All accepted, but you might want to fix the outlines towards the top of Ursaring's head on the backsprite, cause it looks a little wonky.

I know why, it's because of a simple conflict black shades between the back and front sprite, leading it to technically exceed the 16-color limit. I've fixed it now, so try the new one.
Ok Bro :D
I will Try the new one :D

Why is the sceptile backsprite like this

...................__
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
BROFIST ...............\
Old July 29th, 2013 (08:54 PM).
MrDollSteak
Formerly known as 11bayerf1

Quote:
Okey dokey! I've touched it up a tad and updated the gallery with it.
Spoiler:

Also I've noticed that on Grovyle's shiny backsprite, its throat is red
instead of yellowy/brown.
Old July 29th, 2013 (11:12 PM).
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

@adipasa: okay, it's probably the same issue as before with Treecko. I will fix it tomorrow, and I will check all those Hoenn sprites to make sure the fronts and backs have matching black values. That will fix it for sure. (it's a side effect of having to adjust HG/SS backsprites to the B/W colors)

@11bayerf1: Sorry, that is a blatant mistake of mine. I will fix it some time tomorrow.

I would fix the sprites now, but I'm already in bed for the night and I'm typing this from my phone. I apologize for these aforementioned problems, and I will take care of it very soon!
Old July 30th, 2013 (06:25 AM). Edited July 30th, 2013 by Awkward..
Awkward.
#britanna

Nature: Sassy
Thank you for pointing that out. I think it might have been the dark-shade pixels that were there, they were present on the 80x80 version and I usually add those in, which can tend to make it look square-ish. This should fix it, hopefully. Also on the 80x80 version some of those pixels were connected on Spoink's stomach and I think that's what you meant by wonky so I fixed those too.

And as always, MOAR HOENN

Gulpin's evolution line fit into 64x64, Castform fit in 40x40, and Chimeco was the same size as the RSE sprite, so no front sprite for these. I'm especially proud of the Chimeco one, it's probably the best one I've made. :D

Old July 30th, 2013 (06:34 AM).
random-man

Aaaah I love Hoenn. I like that Chimecho backsprite, but to me personally it almost looks as though you're showing off too much of Castform. Normally at least a part of each backsprite is meant to be hidden from view in the gen 3 games, right?

Of course, Chaos could totally disagree with me there
Old July 30th, 2013 (06:38 AM).
Awkward.
#britanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by random-man View Post
Aaaah I love Hoenn. I like that Chimecho backsprite, but to me personally it almost looks as though you're showing off too much of Castform. Normally at least a part of each backsprite is meant to be hidden from view in the gen 3 games, right?

Of course, Chaos could totally disagree with me there
That's exactly how the sprite is supposed to be. The 80x80 version showed off the entire sprite so mine did as well. And if anyone wanted it below the textbox, then they can just use position editor

Old July 30th, 2013 (06:42 AM).
SkieTheKitsune
Please call me FoxMan.

Nature: Jolly
Just popping in because I noticed that the Gen V sprites are finally completed! Congrats, Chaos Zero!

Mah Pokes.
Old July 30th, 2013 (06:42 AM). Edited July 30th, 2013 by random-man.
random-man

Quote:
That's exactly how the sprite is supposed to be. The 80x80 version showed off the entire sprite so mine did as well. And if anyone wanted it below the textbox, then they can just use position editor
Ok, fair enough. You did a good job on them anyway ^.^

I'm really glad this has been opened up so that anybody can contribute sprites now, it is already making the project go so much faster! With any luck it might even be complete by the end of this year! :D
Old July 30th, 2013 (10:04 AM). Edited July 30th, 2013 by Chaos Rush.
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

All Hoenn sprites have been fixed, and should work properly in Wichu's Sprite Editor now. Also, I have all of your contributions sorted by username, so all of you will get credited correctly in the credits list.

Quote:
Thank you for pointing that out. I think it might have been the dark-shade pixels that were there, they were present on the 80x80 version and I usually add those in, which can tend to make it look square-ish. This should fix it, hopefully. Also on the 80x80 version some of those pixels were connected on Spoink's stomach and I think that's what you meant by wonky so I fixed those too.

Actually that's not what I meant. There's a way to retain the dark-shade pixels and still make it look not-wonky. But whatever, I'll just fix it myself, you've already done most of the resizing work anyway, so accepted.

Quote:
And as always, MOAR HOENN

Gulpin's evolution line fit into 64x64, Castform fit in 40x40, and Chimeco was the same size as the RSE sprite, so no front sprite for these. I'm especially proud of the Chimeco one, it's probably the best one I've made. :D
All accepted. (by the way, I can tell you're getting better, because these look like I won't even have to edit them)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkieTheKitsune View Post
Just popping in because I noticed that the Gen V sprites are finally completed! Congrats, Chaos Zero!
lol who's this "Chaos Zero" you speak of?
Old July 30th, 2013 (11:42 AM). Edited July 30th, 2013 by Awkward..
Awkward.
#britanna

Quote:
All accepted. (by the way, I can tell you're getting better, because these look like I won't even have to edit them)
So much contributing can do that. I am a bit worried that people might get upset that I'm doing so many, but I don't see a lot of other people doing it and I'm more than happy to keep the ball rolling for Hoenn, so their loss I guess. Also, I think it's because most Pokemon I resize are circular and have very few colors and outlines, and are really small, so there's less room for error. But I'll accept the compliment anyway

Whale, whale, whale, what do we have here?

I'm not even entertaining the thought of attempting the front sprites. These things sucked. Each of them were so big that, even resized, they missed the border by one pixel. I had to shift their entire body over to make up for. Plus, WAILORD REFUSED TO BE CIRCULAR Damn things, I don't even like them anymore.

EDIT:

Diglett's posture is kind of skewed a bit, not really sure how to fix it. Sorry!

Old July 30th, 2013 (11:43 AM).
Superjub
Pokémon Aureolin
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retribution View Post
Here are some I've done for my hack already. Hopefully they fit the specifications- I had a quick glance and I don't think i did anything wrong.

Here are the majority of the evolution prior to gen 4 and Skitty because wynaut? :p

I think mine might have been skipped, unless I did something wrong? :c

Check out the new thread soon!

Old July 30th, 2013 (07:55 PM).
RPD490

Nature: Relaxed
Just wanted to say congrats getting Gen V sprites completed :3 Can't wait to see Gens I-III completed, surprised how much of Gen I was done.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old July 30th, 2013 (08:32 PM). Edited July 30th, 2013 by Chaos Rush.
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

Quote:
So much contributing can do that. I am a bit worried that people might get upset that I'm doing so many, but I don't see a lot of other people doing it and I'm more than happy to keep the ball rolling for Hoenn, so their loss I guess. Also, I think it's because most Pokemon I resize are circular and have very few colors and outlines, and are really small, so there's less room for error. But I'll accept the compliment anyway

Whale, whale, whale, what do we have here?

I'm not even entertaining the thought of attempting the front sprites. These things sucked. Each of them were so big that, even resized, they missed the border by one pixel. I had to shift their entire body over to make up for. Plus, WAILORD REFUSED TO BE CIRCULAR Damn things, I don't even like them anymore.

EDIT:

Diglett's posture is kind of skewed a bit, not really sure how to fix it. Sorry!
All accepted.

Quote:
I think mine might have been skipped, unless I did something wrong? :c
I don't want full sheets, I just want the front sprite and back sprite, so then I can fix any errors. Also, this is my fault for not mentioning this, but I want to do all of the Eeveelutions front sprites because I already did Glaceon and Leafeon when I was doing Gen IV sprites, and I'm planning on having all of their front sprites resized at the same exact ratio to maintain their relative sizes to one another. I'll gladly accept the backsprites though if you post them separately.

EDIT: Up to Nuzleaf has been added, as well as Nosepass, Beldum, and Metang thanks to Wiznatts (Ludicolo front sprite), karatekid552 and Rizon's contributions.

@karatekid552: I've noticed in your backsprites that you've been coloring a lot of them wrong, or at least differently to how I would have colored them. So, just to make things go faster, I kindly and respectfully ask if you could just leave the backsprites in their HG/SS colors, because I realized when I was doing Rizon's backsprites that simply coloring them myself was a lot faster than fixing your errors.

Next update will have 11bayerf1's Hoenn contributions, and then PJBottomz' Hoenn contributions after that.
Old July 31st, 2013 (03:47 AM).
BlacknYellowHD

Hi!
I know you said that you were not going to do 2nd frames, but since there is so much help maybe it would be possible?
The resizing rate can be calculated and I know there would be another 649 + formes but seeing the number of contributers makes me think positive.
Greets.
Old July 31st, 2013 (04:18 AM).
Superjub
Pokémon Aureolin
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Quote:
All accepted.

I don't want full sheets, I just want the front sprite and back sprite, so then I can fix any errors. Also, this is my fault for not mentioning this, but I want to do all of the Eeveelutions front sprites because I already did Glaceon and Leafeon when I was doing Gen IV sprites, and I'm planning on having all of their front sprites resized at the same exact ratio to maintain their relative sizes to one another. I'll gladly accept the backsprites though if you post them separately.

EDIT: Up to Nuzleaf has been added, as well as Nosepass, Beldum, and Metang thanks to Wiznatts (Ludicolo front sprite), karatekid552 and Rizon's contributions.

@karatekid552: I've noticed in your backsprites that you've been coloring a lot of them wrong, or at least differently to how I would have colored them. So, just to make things go faster, I kindly and respectfully ask if you could just leave the backsprites in their HG/SS colors, because I realized when I was doing Rizon's backsprites that simply coloring them myself was a lot faster than fixing your errors.

Next update will have 11bayerf1's Hoenn contributions, and then PJBottomz' Hoenn contributions after that.
Oh that's fine. My apologies.

I also added some Jirachi sprites as a little bonus.

Check out the new thread soon!

Old July 31st, 2013 (07:11 AM).
Awkward.
#britanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacknYellowHD View Post
Hi!
I know you said that you were not going to do 2nd frames, but since there is so much help maybe it would be possible?
The resizing rate can be calculated and I know there would be another 649 + formes but seeing the number of contributers makes me think positive.
Greets.
Even so, that's a ton of work that people don't wanna do. As a contributor myself, I would not be eager to re-size 649 more frames. If you need them that desperately, you'll have to make them yourself.

Old July 31st, 2013 (08:01 AM).
MrDollSteak

Quote:
Hi!
Greets.
I can see why people don't want to make second frames, it's tough work. Especially once the sprites are already made, as lots of second frame sprites expand from their original size, eg. Honchkrow, who's wing takes it to like 70 pixels using the size of Chaos' Honchkrow. Another problem is Gen 5 sprites, which will ALL have to be custom, as the movement of 5th gen sprites is subtle and continuous.
Old July 31st, 2013 (09:13 AM).
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

Quote:
Hi!
Greets.
No, and here's why:
1) lol just no too much work
2) few people hack Emerald (yeah I know, the number is rising though)
3) To maintain size consistency, all the 2nd frames would have to be resized at the same ratio the first frames were resized, very few of which I kept track of
4) So, minus formes, we have 649 Pokemon. And then there's backsprites. Now we have 1298 sprites to take care of. And now you want to add another 649 to that, which would make the total 1947 sprites (plus at least 40+ sprites worth of formes and gender differences). no thanks lol

Quote:
Oh that's fine. My apologies.

I also added some Jirachi sprites as a little bonus.
Just taking a quick glance, they're accepted.

@11bayerf1: I noticed in your Camerupt sprite that you resized it unevenly, and it is proportionately squished in comparison to the original sprite. I thought I made it pretty clear in my PM that I want none of this stuff, and I specifically wrote out in the guidelines that they have to be resized vertically and horizontally at the exact same ratio :/ So I won't be using your Camerupt sprites, and if a lot of your sprites end up not following the specific guidelines, then I probably won't want to use any of your sprites. Not trying to sound like a prick, but rules are rules, and this is something we've already previously discussed that you said you wouldn't do anymore. In this project, quality comes first. Pokemon that are disproportionate is not quality.
Old July 31st, 2013 (03:22 PM).
Renegade
Time for real life...

Nature: Careful
Just stopping by to say thanks for compiling all of these sprites together! This is very useful to me. Also, congrats on getting gen V sprites completed!
Old July 31st, 2013 (03:28 PM).
Awkward.
#britanna

Speaking of my Hoenn contributions...

I added some extra pixels to define Banette's arm some more, so it looked more like an arm.

Old July 31st, 2013 (04:57 PM).
MrDollSteak

Quote:
@11bayerf1: I noticed in your Camerupt sprite that you resized it unevenly, and it is proportionately squished in comparison to the original sprite. I thought I made it pretty clear in my PM that I want none of this stuff, and I specifically wrote out in the guidelines that they have to be resized vertically and horizontally at the exact same ratio :/ So I won't be using your Camerupt sprites, and if a lot of your sprites end up not following the specific guidelines, then I probably won't want to use any of your sprites. Not trying to sound like a prick, but rules are rules, and this is something we've already previously discussed that you said you wouldn't do anymore. In this project, quality comes first. Pokemon that are disproportionate is not quality.
Looking back at the upload, this is the incorrect sprite. I'd infact added the same Camerupt from
the previous gallery, before you had said the resize rule. I've uploaded the correct/redone one
which is resized at 88.89% horizontally and vertically. (64x53 from 72x60)

Spoiler:

In the meantime I'm going to check all my submissions to see if they are the correct sprites,
and replace them if they're not.
Old July 31st, 2013 (06:32 PM). Edited July 31st, 2013 by Chaos Rush.
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

Quote:
Speaking of my Hoenn contributions...

I added some extra pixels to define Banette's arm some more, so it looked more like an arm.
Accepted, but for future reference all I'm asking for is a smaller version of the original sprite. Don't try and "improve" the sprite, all I want is resized and cleaned up. (your contributions are still lovely)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11bayerf1 View Post
Looking back at the upload, this is the incorrect sprite. I'd infact added the same Camerupt from
the previous gallery, before you had said the resize rule. I've uploaded the correct/redone one
which is resized at 88.89% horizontally and vertically. (64x53 from 72x60)

Spoiler:

In the meantime I'm going to check all my submissions to see if they are the correct sprites,
and replace them if they're not.
Okay, I understand then. By the way, your Medicham sprite is also squished, and your Dusclops sprite has a proportionately shorter tail in comparison to the original sprites. I don't want the Pokemon having their proportions messed up.
Old July 31st, 2013 (07:14 PM).
Awkward.
#britanna

Ah, sorry. I'll try not to do that. It just looked so... not arm-like xD

Anyway, here's my last Hoenn sprite until you managed to finish all my crap. For some reason the backsprite wasn't cooperating so I couldn't make it. I resized it by 90%, so you should probably do Walrein that same way when you get to it so it's all consistent.

I feel like I have some kind of disease that's making me post a sprite with every post in here. I'll slow down on it a bit because we'll significant progress on Hoenn after all this so yeah.

Old July 31st, 2013 (07:27 PM).
MrDollSteak

Quote:
Okay, I understand then. By the way, your Medicham sprite is also squished, and your Dusclops sprite has a proportionately shorter tail in comparison to the original sprites. I don't want the Pokemon having their proportions messed up.
Rightyo I'll replace those! Medicham I've already done that must be the same issue as with Camerupt.
With Dusclops, not really sure how that happened because I resized it to 83%.
Checking now its at 86% with the tail extended, I also redid the feet to make the
increased length match against the height.

Spoiler:

Sponsored Links