Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Art & Design
Notices

Art & Design For digital, traditional, design, photography and mixed media art, Pokémon-related or not. Showcase or discuss anything related to the visual arts here.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 26th, 2013, 10:22 AM
Castor23

Advertise here
Happy Holidays, I wonder if by chance you have, you did a jynx with black skin ... in the 1st game jynx had black skin and the anime too, but for some reason unknown to alter the color of jynx ... this is not a request for sprite, just a request for information ....
Old December 31st, 2013, 12:27 AM
Dark Sneasel
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Well I resized Sneasel (backsprite only, the front one was actually smaller than the RSE one) and I think it came out pretty good.. I'm gonna put it in the attachments and leave a link too just in case the attachments make it look ugly.

http://imgur.com/Z97lXhD
Attached Images
File Type: png Resized Sneasel.png‎ (1.4 KB, 775 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Pokémon Fluorite Version (Beta 2 Released)

Join Poketch.com, a new ROM hacking community! Click on the image for more!
Old January 2nd, 2014, 06:34 PM
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

Nature: Adamant
Updates are going slow because I've been obsessively working on my ROM hack... but anyways, this thing is not dead, and won't be dead until it's completed.

Credit to PJBottomz for the backsprites of the Wooper family.

Credit to MrDollSteak for the backsprites of the Snubbull family.

aaand credit to me for the Qwilfish. Happy new year.

Also, I am closing Gen II submissions. The only reason why is because they're almost finished, and I would feel bad if you guys made submissions of sprites I've already worked on but haven't put up yet. I've got this

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCKC View Post
I've been watching this resource for awhile and I really love the sprites that you guys are making. Sorry if this comes off as rude, but the Gligar backsprite seems... off.

Compared to the other sprites, Gligar's outline is very dark (and upon further inspection, mostly completely black), giving it a cartoony and flat look. I respect your decision if Gligar's back was supposed to look like that, just an observation. Thanks for the resources and keep up the good work!
I'm just using Gligar's Platinum/HeartGold/SoulSilver backsprite (like the rest of the sprites), I didn't make it like that on purpose. Keep in mind that this isn't really a "sprite-improvement project", this is just a resizing project (in addition to my decision to color all the Pokemon like their Sugimori art).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Surskit View Post
Well I resized Sneasel (backsprite only, the front one was actually smaller than the RSE one) and I think it came out pretty good.. I'm gonna put it in the attachments and leave a link too just in case the attachments make it look ugly.

http://imgur.com/Z97lXhD
Sorry, but MrDollSteak already did Sneasel. You can check which Pokemon have already been submitted near the bottom of the first post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castor23 View Post
Happy Holidays, I wonder if by chance you have, you did a jynx with black skin ... in the 1st game jynx had black skin and the anime too, but for some reason unknown to alter the color of jynx ... this is not a request for sprite, just a request for information ....
The "black skin Jynx" was considered by some fans to be racist as Jynx was partially based off of blackface, white theatre performers that put on makeup to appear black. Black Jynx appeared in the Japanese Gold & Silver versions as well:
JP Gold sprite:

US Gold sprite:

Last edited by Chaos Rush; January 2nd, 2014 at 06:48 PM.
Old January 2nd, 2014, 09:22 PM
Dark Sneasel
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
I tried to do the Shiftry backsprite, since I had some trouble with the front one... here it is
and just in case the image isn't working, the link http://imgur.com/cvvxjdr
Pokémon Fluorite Version (Beta 2 Released)

Join Poketch.com, a new ROM hacking community! Click on the image for more!
Old January 7th, 2014, 09:33 AM
Awkward.
#britanna

Nature: Sassy

So, when I resized this thing, it lost like 90% of it's detail and all of the space needed to put it back. Lemme tell ya, adding that back in was a blast >.>
at some point I must have liked that you look like a taco addict who's had one too many back alley liposuctions

Old January 19th, 2014, 11:18 PM
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

I've decided that instead of just posting a sprite with a pointless "______'s sprites are done yay" type of message, I'll instead give a brief description about that Pokémon and it's characteristics as indicated by their Pokédex entries. I got this idea from Blue Emerald of Sonic Retro Forums, who had his own sprite project where he drew Gen IV Pokémon in GSC style, and every time he posted a sprite he would give a description of the Pokémon, and it was always an interesting read. The Pokédex entries quite often have facts that you might not have known about them.

First up, is Shuckle, the Mold Pokémon. This Pokémon is known to hide under rocks, and stores berries inside of its shell. When it stores berries inside of its shell, the berries decompose into a gooey liquid known to humans as Berry Juice. This Pokémon is most often found in the Johto, Unova, and (Mountain) Kalos regions.

Next is Heracross, the Single Horn Pokémon. Heracross is a rather brutal Bug/Fighting-type Pokémon that is known to thrust its horn under its enemy's bellies and fling them far. It's favorite foods are Sweet Honey and tree sap, as it is often found sipping sap from trees, using its powerful horn to thrust away any predators that try to disturb it. Heracross can throw up to 100 times its own weight. This Pokémon is most commonly found in the Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, and (Coastal) Kalos regions.

Lastly, we have Sneasel, the Sharp Claw Pokémon. This Pokémon is often described as "smart and sneaky"; the primary diet of wild Sneasel are eggs of bird Pokémon. This Pokémon is known to scale trees using its hooked claws, and then they drive Pidgey from their nests and eat the eggs they leave behind. More often than not, they'll work in pairs, one will distract the victim, while the other will steal eggs. When leveled up at night while holding a Razor Claw, they'll evolve into Weavile, an even more vicious Pokémon that hunts in packs of five. Sneasel are most commonly found in the Johto, Sinnoh, Unova, and (Mountain) Kalos regions.

Credit to MrDollSteak for the Sneasel sprites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castor23 View Post
Good I hope to be helping:

You did absolutely nothing to the sprite...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJBottomz View Post

So, when I resized this thing, it lost like 90% of it's detail and all of the space needed to put it back. Lemme tell ya, adding that back in was a blast >.>
Sorry for not adding it to the first post, but yes, your sprites are still automatically accepted.
Old January 19th, 2014, 11:22 PM
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos Rush View Post
I'll instead give a brief description about that Pokémon and it's characteristics as indicated by their Pokédex entries.
It'll be interesting to add your own thoughts about the PKMN as well. :3

Sprites are good btw, but Shuckle's foot on his backsprite is...disturbing... >.>
Old January 22nd, 2014, 08:47 PM
Anvils Alive
タテボーシ

Nature: Quirky
Funny thing about Nincada's front sprite in HGSS and BW2 is, if you move it a pixel to the right, it actually has the same width as its RSFLE sprite. Don't believe me? Look.

Here's its sprite in RSE.

And here's my version.

Very uncanny, huh? Or do I need to resize it to accomodate PJBottomz' back sprite?
Old January 22nd, 2014, 09:47 PM
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anvils Alive View Post
Funny thing about Nincada's front sprite in HGSS and BW2 is, if you move it a pixel to the right, it actually has the same width as its RSFLE sprite. Don't believe me? Look.

Here's its sprite in RSE.

And here's my version.

Very uncanny, huh? Or do I need to resize it to accomodate PJBottomz' back sprite?
No, lol. By "same size" I don't mean exactly.

B/W Nincada's front sprite does not need to be resized.
Old January 23rd, 2014, 11:00 AM
Anvils Alive
タテボーシ

Oh, joy. Another Gen III mon that keeps its RSE proportions. Anyway, this is your friendly neighborhood Ninja Pokémon, Ninjask. I took a good few minutes trying to get the wings as close to the HGSS backsprite as I could, while Ninjask's body needed somewhat less tweaking. Speed Boost, yo!

Maybe I'll do Shedinja later, should someone not get the jump on me.
Old January 25th, 2014, 10:38 AM
Pinta77
McDonald's Insider
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Pinta77
Thank you =O This is a very useful sprite pack. appreciate the hard work that went into it.

Wonder Trade!!!
Old January 29th, 2014, 07:06 PM
Anvils Alive
タテボーシ

The challenge.

To push yourself farther.

To shed the mistakes of your past, like Ninjask casting off Shedinja, and live to improve yourself. That is the essence of self-discipline.
Yo.
3DS Friend Code: 2208-4585-5395
Vivillon pattern: Modern

Old February 8th, 2014, 03:17 AM
SuperChespin
SuperChespin's Rocks

Here is Taillow front sprite
Well I have resized his BW/B2W2 Sprite and it looks pretty good to my opinion.

Well if you want, you could edit it.
Attached Images
File Type: png taillow.png‎ (1.0 KB, 398 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Old February 14th, 2014, 12:02 AM
MrDollSteak
Formerly known as 11bayerf1

Long time no post!
Anyway here's Shiftry like I promised.

Looks pretty good for being shrunk to 80% if I say so myself.

Will post more here soon!

EDIT:
Vigoroth Eyebrows, resized the front sprite to 90%

Last edited by MrDollSteak; February 14th, 2014 at 01:01 AM. Reason: le vigor
Old February 16th, 2014, 07:37 AM
Spherical Ice
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Spherical Ice

Here's Phanpy and Donphan!

Last edited by Spherical Ice; February 16th, 2014 at 03:31 PM.
Old February 17th, 2014, 04:24 PM
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

I decided I'm not going to do a description of each Pokemon because I'm too lazy it's kinda dumb actually. But I might throw in a fun fact or two.

Anyhow...

*drumroll*

Fun fact: Remoraid is based off of a handgun and Octillery is based off of a turret, which is why they learn moves that contain the word "beam". Also, if the Japanese name for Octazooka was translated properly, then it would literally be called, "Octillery Cannon". For those of you that think, "how the heck does a fish evolve into an octopus?", you have to look at them a little differently.

Fun fact: The shiny colors of the legendary beasts changed between Gen IV and Gen V. I'm not sure why, though. Raikou's "cloud" is darker, Entei's fur color is a lot less red-ish and more of a faded brown, and Suicune's white fur was darkened to a light teal color. I am using the Gen V shiny colors.

Credits:
dreamengine - Smeargle back, Miltank back

MrDollSteak - Larvitar back, Pupitar back, Tyranitar, Phanpy, Donphan, Delibird back, Skarmory, Mantine, Remoraid back, Octillery back, Teddiursa back, Raikou front, Entei front, Suicune front, Swinub back, Piloswine

Rizon - Raikou back, Entei back, Suicune back

wiznatts - Stantler front

Chaos Rush - everything else

And now, we are Hoenn bound!

Quote:

Oh, joy. Another Gen III mon that keeps its RSE proportions. Anyway, this is your friendly neighborhood Ninja Pokémon, Ninjask. I took a good few minutes trying to get the wings as close to the HGSS backsprite as I could, while Ninjask's body needed somewhat less tweaking. Speed Boost, yo!

Maybe I'll do Shedinja later, should someone not get the jump on me.
Quote:
The challenge.

To push yourself farther.

To shed the mistakes of your past, like Ninjask casting off Shedinja, and live to improve yourself. That is the essence of self-discipline.
Sorry for not responding, but yes these are great and are accepted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDollSteak View Post
Long time no post!
Anyway here's Shiftry like I promised.

Looks pretty good for being shrunk to 80% if I say so myself.

Will post more here soon!

EDIT:
Vigoroth Eyebrows, resized the front sprite to 90%
Accepted of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spherical Ice View Post

Here's Phanpy and Donphan!
It turns out that I didn't end up using any of these, sorry But I still look forward to more contributions.
Old February 17th, 2014, 08:49 PM
al199288

COOL!
Where is the Mantine?
Old February 17th, 2014, 10:21 PM
ShyRayq
Unprofessional Unprofessional

This is amazing. Just under 50 or so Pokemon & forms left to go.
Its been over 2 years, and I can't help but say bravo to all of the contributors, but especially Chaos Rush for his dedication to this project.
3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-3902
IGN: Peter, Pokemon Y
Friend Safari: (Fighting) Throh, Meditite, Breloom
Live Pokedex Completed as of 02/03/14
Big thanks especially to DestinedJagold, Xerneas_X and Elements1

PM me if you want to trade, or add my FC.
Old February 18th, 2014, 10:22 AM
RPD490

Nature: Relaxed
Awesome! Gen II done, now Gen III is left and this resource is finished :D Then we wait for the Gen VI Sprite Resource to get done XD
This signature has been disabled.
Signature is over 600px wide :(
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old February 27th, 2014, 11:42 AM
tditdatdwt

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPD490 View Post
Awesome! Gen II done, now Gen III is left and this resource is finished :D Then we wait for the Gen VI Sprite Resource to get done XD
uhm.. well i'm sorry man.. but.. that's not gonna happen
This is a Mudkip. Mudkip is love. Mudkip is life.
Old February 27th, 2014, 12:07 PM
Projectwolfie
I play for keeps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tditdatdwt View Post
What are you talking about? The VI project thread appears to be alive and well. Or are you talking about Gen III?

Quote:
COOL!
Where is the Mantine?
This is an older post, but Mantine is sitting in the first post's list.

Anyway, I just popped in to say thanks very much for this project. Everything here is exactly what I was looking for from the start for my own projects. I especially love the work done to ensure the older generations' sprites are matched up with the original art.
Old Project: Pokemon Fire Red 251+
Reboot from scratch coming soon!
Old February 28th, 2014, 01:24 AM
MrDollSteak
Formerly known as 11bayerf1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tditdatdwt View Post
lols wut?
Gen VI is going fine, just a bit busy atm.
Gen III'll be done quick too, I mean look at Chaos finishing the last 30 Johto pokemon in like a week!

Negativity not needed !
Old March 1st, 2014, 04:51 AM
tditdatdwt

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDollSteak View Post
lols wut?
Gen VI is going fine, just a bit busy atm.
Gen III'll be done quick too, I mean look at Chaos finishing the last 30 Johto pokemon in like a week!

Negativity not needed !
no no non ononnoon thats not what i mean i just remembered that chaos rush said he wouldnt do gen 6
This is a Mudkip. Mudkip is love. Mudkip is life.
Old March 1st, 2014, 08:18 AM
RPD490

Nature: Relaxed
I guess I wasn't specific when I said that. I meant I'm so glad that all that is left is for Gen III to be finished and this sprite resource will be complete. Then we just wait for MrDollSteak's Gen VI Sprite Resource to get done.
This signature has been disabled.
Signature is over 600px wide :(
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old March 1st, 2014, 11:40 AM
Jehowi
Your Master Superior

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Jehowi
Does anyone know if there are icons available as well?
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here