Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime > Episode Discussion
Reload this Page Spoilers BW063 - Underground Gym Battle VS Clay!

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Episode Discussion Whether you want to speculate about the upcoming episodes or reminisce about the episodes you watched years ago, Episode Discussion is your place for discussing, speculating, and reviewing all the Pokémon anime episodes.

Old November 24th, 2011 (09:44 PM).
Wanderer
Platinum Tier

Nature: Mild
Spoiler:

So excited Boldore!!!! Looks like we are getting a match sooner then later. Assuming this is 63, will edit when I have more info.

Brian - 0089 1621 6313 - White

Old November 25th, 2011 (12:10 AM).
THE HOST IS BROKEN
Gold Tier

why u beat me?

That's pretty much the match set right out. Unless Clay uses anymore Pokémon. Nice to see Roggenrola evolve I supposed.

Old November 25th, 2011 (03:28 AM).
Gold Tier

Nature: Modest
Roggenrola. ;o; omg yes. Screentime plus an evolution!
And I won't let you down

1349 6159 4149 // black magic // get weird
Old November 25th, 2011 (08:54 AM).
THE HOST IS BROKEN
Gold Tier

Title - "Underground Gym Battle VS Clay!"
http://www.dotup.org/uploda/www.dotup.org2304992.jpg

Old November 25th, 2011 (10:02 AM).
It's Question Time!
Gold Tier

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to AshPikastar
Finally, one of Ash Pokemon had evolved! It's about time. This match looks pretty interesting though even though the pic showed the match of Ash winning.
Old November 25th, 2011 (08:36 PM).
Wanderer
Platinum Tier

Quote originally posted by Mew~:
why u beat me?

That's pretty much the match set right out. Unless Clay uses anymore Pokémon. Nice to see Roggenrola evolve I supposed.
I guessing he has Seismitoad(maybe to change it up like Elesa), and a Krokorok. So if it is another 3 on 3 I'd like to see Snivy(needs a Gym win under her belt), and either Oshawott or Tranquill. I'd say Swadloon but it go some battle time with Stunfisk.

Quote originally posted by dragonomega:
Roggenrola. ;o; omg yes. Screentime plus an evolution!
Inorite, the only bad thing at least to me is we got no developement out of it. Since Ash captured it he only used it for non-battling situations. A lot of people else where are complaining about this but hey to me and evolution is an evolution. I am pretty happy, to me this is just one step closer to Gigalith which if it is I will be very excited. Just hope it doesn't get the Torterra treatment.

Quote originally posted by AshPikastar:
Finally, one of Ash Pokemon had evolved! It's about time. This match looks pretty interesting though even though the pic showed the match of Ash winning.
Assuming you mean in some time? Since Tranquill and Swadloon already did as I am sure your well aware of by now. Personally I'd have preferred it to be Oshawott to Dewott, but really if anything evolves I am content with that too. Looks like a good deal of the match is him as Roggenrola, so it should be interesting for a while.

Old November 25th, 2011 (09:42 PM).
It's Question Time!
Gold Tier

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to AshPikastar
Quote originally posted by Kenshin5:
Assuming you mean in some time? Since Tranquill and Swadloon already did as I am sure your well aware of by now. Personally I'd have preferred it to be Oshawott to Dewott, but really if anything evolves I am content with that too. Looks like a good deal of the match is him as Roggenrola, so it should be interesting for a while.
Yes of course. I'm just glad another one of his Pokemon has finally evolved. It would be nice to have Oshawott evolve into a Dewott. I'm curious on how the battle going to play and how well Roggenrola would do even if Ash wins the match.
Old November 25th, 2011 (09:45 PM).
some nights.

Woah, that's awesome. I still need to catch up on a lot of episodes, has Roggenrola been used a lot? Seems like a fast evolution, but either way I'm happy with it. I love Roggenrola already, so I'm so happy it will evolve. ^___^

ever grande city forums
Old November 26th, 2011 (12:28 AM).
Mega Ampharos is the one.

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Yahoo to miltankRancher
roggenrola finally showed some strength! And evolving! this episode is pretty nice.

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Lanistae Jacet [Lies of a Trainer]
Old November 26th, 2011 (05:51 AM).
THE HOST IS BROKEN
Gold Tier

I guessing he has Seismitoad(maybe to change it up like Elesa), and a Krokorok. So if it is another 3 on 3 I'd like to see Snivy(needs a Gym win under her belt), and either Oshawott or Tranquill. I'd say Swadloon but it go some battle time with Stunfisk.
I'd rather have Tranquill have it's time to shine in the battle with Skyla, we could an evolution around that time too. Even so, Tranquill wouldn't be the best choice for this gym. I'd rather like to see Swadloon.

Old November 26th, 2011 (07:15 AM).
some nights.

I'd rather have Tranquill have it's time to shine in the battle with Skyla, we could an evolution around that time too. Even so, Tranquill wouldn't be the best choice for this gym. I'd rather like to see Swadloon.
I would love to see Swadloon. <3 Other than that I don't mind who else battles, as long as Swadloon is there. It's such a great Pokémon and needs as much screen time as possible. :{D

ever grande city forums
Old November 26th, 2011 (02:04 PM).
Wanderer
Platinum Tier

Quote originally posted by Palcks:
Woah, that's awesome. I still need to catch up on a lot of episodes, has Roggenrola been used a lot? Seems like a fast evolution, but either way I'm happy with it. I love Roggenrola already, so I'm so happy it will evolve. ^___^
Not really, it was used in the following episodes.
Where Did You Go, Audio? - Helping find Audio
Archeops In The Modern World! - Sandstorm to put out a fire
Battle Subway Part 2 - Uses Flash Cannon to boost the trains speed

So those are all the appearances that I remember and what he was used for.

I still want Tranquill to shine against Skyla, but I'd like to see it over Swadloon just cause Ground attacks can't hit Flying(which I don't know how much that would apply in the anime). Swadloon already had it's time to shine so I'd rather see another Grass type in it's place. Or they could go the route of using Scraggy(which I don't know if he is exactly ready, I think they should have used it against Elesa Tynamo). As long as Pikachu and Tepig aren't used here I am fine.

Old November 26th, 2011 (02:29 PM). Edited November 27th, 2011 by Mew~.
THE HOST IS BROKEN
Gold Tier

I still want Tranquill to shine against Skyla, but I'd like to see it over Swadloon just cause Ground attacks can't hit Flying(which I don't know how much that would apply in the anime). Swadloon already had it's time to shine so I'd rather see another Grass type in it's place. Or they could go the route of using Scraggy(which I don't know if he is exactly ready, I think they should have used it against Elesa Tynamo). As long as Pikachu and Tepig aren't used here I am fine.
Eh, time to shine? Well, that battle with Stunfisk lasted less than a minute at the start of the latest episode. Comparing Tranquill and Swadloon, I'm pretty sure Tranquill has had loads of time to shine, being Ash's first to evolve. But overall that probably still isn't loads. Swadloon would be the right choice for now though, because it wouldn't be any use against Skyla, and I hope to see it evolve around the time of the seventh gym, being Ash's powerhouse for it, I'd love to see a big battle against Beartic. heh, I'm going into my whole unova theory, so I'll stop there. xD;

Old November 26th, 2011 (03:16 PM).
Wanderer
Platinum Tier

I was alluding to the Burgh gym not the match versus Stunfisk. No Swadloon has imo been handled poorly to sub par(they could have used it in Battle Subway, could have had a match in Don George, could have had a battle with one of the CoTD. Plenty of opportunities that were giving to the main 4. I think anyone has had more time compared to Swadloon.

And are you referring to Scraggy in being the star of the last gym? Because I'd love to see it be just that, and have a climatic ending vs. Axew(who at that time I hope is at least a Fraxure). I pegged Tepig(as Pignite by then to fight Beartic), but I could see Scraggy or Boldore being a problem to it due to typing.

Old November 26th, 2011 (05:00 PM).
some nights.

Not really, it was used in the following episodes.
Where Did You Go, Audio? - Helping find Audio
Archeops In The Modern World! - Sandstorm to put out a fire
Battle Subway Part 2 - Uses Flash Cannon to boost the trains speed

So those are all the appearances that I remember and what he was used for.
Oh, okay. Kind of reminds me of Sewaddle, since he wasn't used much either before he evolved. Either way, I can't say I'm disappointed that either evolution happened. XD

I'm pretty sure Tranquill has had loads of time to shine, being Ash's first to evolve.
And his first capture. ;{D

ever grande city forums
Old November 27th, 2011 (01:24 AM). Edited November 27th, 2011 by Mew~.
THE HOST IS BROKEN
Gold Tier

I was alluding to the Burgh gym not the match versus Stunfisk. No Swadloon has imo been handled poorly to sub par(they could have used it in Battle Subway, could have had a match in Don George, could have had a battle with one of the CoTD. Plenty of opportunities that were giving to the main 4. I think anyone has had more time compared to Swadloon.

And are you referring to Scraggy in being the star of the last gym? Because I'd love to see it be just that, and have a climatic ending vs. Axew(who at that time I hope is at least a Fraxure). I pegged Tepig(as Pignite by then to fight Beartic), but I could see Scraggy or Boldore being a problem to it due to typing.
Woops, I meant to say seventh gym. xD; I'm sure you see what I mean now. But yeah, I remember saying in an old thread that I'd like Scraggy to face off against Iris' Axew in the last gym (evolved of course, Axew may probably be a Fraxure by that time I assume.)

I'd like to see Tepig as Pignite at the time of the seventh gym, I guess it would be a better choice against Beartic, but then I could see Leavanny play a big role in the gym battle.
Quote originally posted by Palcks:
And his first capture. ;{D
The birds are always Ash's early captures, though yeah, exactly my point. :{D

I'll be looking forward to this episode for sure. I'm looking forward to seeing Roggenrola evolve, and hopefully Ash will use some of his other underdog's.

Old December 18th, 2011 (10:03 AM).
Wanderer
Platinum Tier

Woot woot got Ash team predix right xD. He's using Roggenrola(Boldore), Snivy, and Oshawott. Clay is using Excadrill, Krokorok, and Palpitoad. Hopefully Snivy gets a victory.

Old December 18th, 2011 (11:42 AM).
what
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quiet
Where are people getting Boldore from? I haven't seen anything about it.
Old December 18th, 2011 (11:48 AM).
Wanderer
Platinum Tier

Aside from the preview, it was shown in a scan earlier which I had in the opening post put it seems that it was removed.

Old December 18th, 2011 (01:10 PM).
what
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quiet
Oh, okay. I honestly think it's a little too early but w/e, that means I can evolve my Rogenrolla in White now B]
Old December 21st, 2011 (12:35 PM).
Novice Banker

Nature: Quirky
Woot woot got Ash team predix right xD. He's using Roggenrola(Boldore), Snivy, and Oshawott. Clay is using Excadrill, Krokorok, and Palpitoad. Hopefully Snivy gets a victory.
From previews, we know Mijumaru beats the croc before being beaten by Gamagaru. Tsutarja most likely meats Gamagaru and loses to the mole, which leaves the rock to beat Doryuuz.
Old December 21st, 2011 (06:23 PM).
Wanderer
Platinum Tier

Quote originally posted by Fireworks:
Oh, okay. I honestly think it's a little too early but w/e, that means I can evolve my Rogenrolla in White now B]
I agree, the reserves are evolved but the primary pokemon i.e. the starters and Scraggy(albeit a baby) are not evolved and have more development. Roggenrola didn't even see an official battle between another trainer until now.

Quote originally posted by Simisage:
From previews, we know Mijumaru beats the croc before being beaten by Gamagaru. Tsutarja most likely meats Gamagaru and loses to the mole, which leaves the rock to beat Doryuuz.
I just hope Snivy finally scores a victory, since it had a quick exit in the last one. Boldore will probably be the deciding pokemon.

Old January 5th, 2012 (06:46 PM).
Wanderer
Platinum Tier

Well Snivy finally gets a victory, although it was thanks in huge part to the Attract abuse. Which kind of concerns me going forward, she needs to develop strength wise, evolve, or gain some new moves cause what I saw from Excadrill won't cut it in the future. She didn't do anything, Attract was repelled oh know my trump card is gone! Oshawott did good, although I question Water Gun over Aqua Jet when Palpitoad used Hydro Pump. Boldore vs. Excadrill was a good battle. I liked this gym match better then the previous one for sure. Also Boldore displayed a little emotion oh my!

Old January 6th, 2012 (01:19 AM).
Natural.....

Boldore will be a powerhouse on Ash's team.
Old January 6th, 2012 (02:02 AM).
happy
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quirky
Boldore looks badass, could be a powerhouse in the future.

I won't give my full opinion until the English dub airs cos being from an English-speaking nation, I follow the dub.

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)