Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Culture & Media
Reload this Page DCC EVAN PETERS HAVE MY BABIES

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Culture & Media This is where all of pop culture culminates and chats over a cup of joe. Here you can find discussions relating to the latest and greatest television shows, movies, music and literature, and much more!

Closed Thread

Old February 5th, 2012 (05:16 AM).
Showstealer Pro: Trial Version
Team Hoenn

Nature: Careful
@ firepokemon - lols @ ANTM, that show always was trashy, but I love the drama and hair-pulling and the like. If you've catched any of the trashy/problematic contestants from previous seasons, they'll probably be in this one. If you love flipping through magazines and inspecting pages of brand ads and models though, ANTM is pretty good at delivering the goods. I personally love model photos, despite my male-ness. *shot*

Walking Dead's pretty good. Expect Season 2 to be very stationary, but if you appreciate character development and quality as much as you do action and zombies, it'll be excellent. They've aired Season 2 here in Malaysia, and I loved it.

I googled Misfits. Punks with powers? I have to check this out.
Old February 5th, 2012 (01:34 PM).
CoquettishCat
Team Kanto
Crystal Tier

Nature: Relaxed
I just wanted to share how smashed Daniel Radcliffe was in Harry Potter.

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/entertainment/02/05/12/radcliffe-admits-being-drunk-during-harry-potter-scenes

Theme * Pair * VM * PM

Not all men...

Are all men stupid?

That's right.

Old February 5th, 2012 (02:11 PM).
Team Kanto
Crystal TierEO

Quote originally posted by firepokemon:

But I am really looking forward to the America's Next Top Model all-star edition. It sounds horrifically trashy.
Quote originally posted by Rest:
@ firepokemon - lols @ ANTM, that show always was trashy

AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL IS NOT TRASHY YOU'VE GOT IT ALL WRONG HOW WOULD YOU REACT IF YOU WERE STUCK IN A ROOM WITH GIRLS WHO ARE CLEARLY MENTALLY UNSTABLE AND DESIRE A MODELLING CAREER MORE THAN LIFE ITSELF AND WOULD HAPPILY PUSH YOU UNDER A BUS IN ORDER TO GET THAT CAREER I'M SORRY HOW WOULD YOU TWO HANDLE THAT HMMMMMMM TYRA TRIES HER BEST TO GIVE THESE WOMEN THE CAREER OF A LIFETIME AND TEACH THEM HOW TO BE MODELS BUT YOU KNOW THAT ONLY ONE OF THEM CAN ACTUALLY WIN THE COMPETITION HOW DARE YOU CALL TYRA TRASHY HOW DARE YOU GAYS OF THE WORLD WILL UNITE TO CRUSH YOU
Old February 5th, 2012 (03:32 PM).
Emile Hersch turned 30 today. Who the hell is Emile Hersch?
Team Kalos
Platinum Tier

Nature: Adamant
Quote originally posted by Toujours:

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/entertainment/02/05/12/radcliffe-admits-being-drunk-during-harry-potter-scenes
omfggg I'm going to watch the last four movies over and over again until I find these scenes lmao. If he was trying to be Harry Potter and trying to look sober at the same time, he might just be a better actor than any of us thought!

And I'm sorry Chris, I'm gay and I do agree with them . Tyra is awesome but that show is just awful lol

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

Old February 5th, 2012 (04:06 PM).
Fire and Ice
Team Hoenn
Crystal Tier

Send a message via AIM to firepokemon Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to firepokemon
I'm also gay and agree with myself. But I love America's Next Top Model. Even if so far no top model has actually emerged from it.

I also like New Zealand's version of Next Top Model.
Old February 5th, 2012 (08:19 PM).
Team Hoenn

Quote originally posted by Harlequin:

AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL IS NOT TRASHY YOU'VE GOT IT ALL WRONG HOW WOULD YOU REACT IF YOU WERE STUCK IN A ROOM WITH GIRLS WHO ARE CLEARLY MENTALLY UNSTABLE AND DESIRE A MODELLING CAREER MORE THAN LIFE ITSELF AND WOULD HAPPILY PUSH YOU UNDER A BUS IN ORDER TO GET THAT CAREER I'M SORRY HOW WOULD YOU TWO HANDLE THAT HMMMMMMM TYRA TRIES HER BEST TO GIVE THESE WOMEN THE CAREER OF A LIFETIME AND TEACH THEM HOW TO BE MODELS BUT YOU KNOW THAT ONLY ONE OF THEM CAN ACTUALLY WIN THE COMPETITION HOW DARE YOU CALL TYRA TRASHY HOW DARE YOU GAYS OF THE WORLD WILL UNITE TO CRUSH YOU
Oh, no! I meant "thrashy", as in violent and stuff. D: Ilu though!
Old February 5th, 2012 (10:32 PM).
Team Sinnoh
Crystal Tier

Nature: Lax
Quote originally posted by Toujours:

I saw this on the news last night (or a few nights ago, I don't know). He already revealed that like a year and a half ago, though. So why it's being put on the news now is beyond me. I mean, really...
Old February 6th, 2012 (11:06 AM).
Team Unova
Silver Tier

I heard about Radcliffe a few days ago and the only thing I could think was: How does someone that young become an alcoholic?
Old February 6th, 2012 (03:23 PM).
Team Kalos
Platinum Tier

You should ask Vendak, he might know!

Old February 6th, 2012 (05:32 PM).
Fire and Ice
Team Hoenn
Crystal Tier

Send a message via AIM to firepokemon Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to firepokemon
Hmm well Drew Barrymore was snorting cocaine at 11 years old or something. I imagine primarily this happens because these young actors are bringing in more money than most adults earn and effectively live psuedo-adult lives. Of course alcohol and/or drug addiction in teenagers is nothing new. Alcohol in particular and teen drinking is considered very normal. So the only thing that surprises me is that he hasn't gone deeper off his rocker.

I watched Americas Next Top Model. It was pretty good but many aren't what I would call all-stars.
Old February 7th, 2012 (04:38 PM).
Team Kalos
Platinum Tier

...aaanyway

I hear there's a whole lot of screaming fangirlism going on about Madonna's Superbowl half-time performance. Was it really that special? I didn't see it, because I'm Australian and have things to do in the day time

Old February 7th, 2012 (09:11 PM). Edited February 7th, 2012 by God.
Team Kanto
Crystal TierEO

Quote originally posted by Shining Raichu:
I hear there's a whole lot of screaming fangirlism going on about Madonna's Superbowl half-time performance. Was it really that special? I didn't see it, because I'm Australian and have things to do in the day time :P
Alright, so Madonna's performance herself wasn't very special. But, it was a good performance. I don't understand how the **** LMFAO got to perform with madonna at the superbowl. Sure, LMFAO are currently MASSIVELY POPULAR right now and I suppose relevance got them on the stage, but... I just don't understand it. Then out of NOWHERE, Cee Lo Green pops out (Nicki Minaj and M.I.A were there too but they're featured on Madonna's new album so it makes sense) and starts singing and then M.I.A pulled the finger straight to the camera, much to my delight, which was the most controversial part of the performance. Well, 'controversial'. So, it wasn't really special,, but I enjoyed it.

Also, Madonna fell over.

Finally, World Peace: brought to you by Madonna™.
Old February 8th, 2012 (03:46 AM).
Team Kalos
Platinum Tier

Mmm I don't understand why LMFAO got to perform with Madonna either. They've had two songs that were... amusing... but they're not good musicians.

Old February 8th, 2012 (07:00 AM).
Team Sinnoh
Crystal Tier

*is not a madonna fan, but is not a madonna hater either*

a. Madonna's performance itself was alright, I guess. She didn't sing live, which people seem to be okay with - claiming that she dances so much, but while that may be true for entertainers, she's specifically a musician. Musicians should sing live; especially legends such as herself.... still, as a huge Gaga fan, I can't help but state the obvious: Gaga would have sang live and danced at the same time. It's really no excuse not to sing if you're dancing, that's their job. That's what they signed up for. Madonna's dancing isn't very impressive, regardless. Still, it was entertaining and got me rather excited, regardless.
b. Madonna's entrance gave me huge Kylie Minogue Aphrodite Les Folies meets Britney Gimme More Femme Fatale performances. But that's okay and even though other pop stars are criticized for taking pages out of Madonna's book, Madonna is Madonna and is therefore allowed to do so without the criticizing of others.
c. Still confused why Nicki Minaj and M.I.A. are in her album. Specifically Nicki Minaj, who has considerably less talent than M.I.A. and needs to stop with this Roman ****.
d. I don't understand why LMFAO got to perform with her - the queen of pop - but I like the remix they provided. They should stick with providing beats because that's the only thing they're good at. Still, no one can deny that she's the queen of pop and the only people she should be performing with are her fellow legends.
e. Cee Lo is a gross fat oompa loompa who needs to go back to irrelevant city.
Old February 8th, 2012 (07:26 AM).
Team Hoenn

Well, all I know is I'm glad MIA got some buzz. A lot of people still don't know this fantastic girl, at least on this side of town. And I hope LMFAO's 15 minutes of fame die down soon.

So I watched The Descendants yesterday. Definitely a movie you guys should check out. Solid acting, especially Shailene Woodley and Robert Forster, whom I thought hit the ball out of the park with their roles. And it was really funny in some parts and moving in others. Ending was rather corny though, and I wished it were more believable. Otherwise, very good movie overall!
Old February 8th, 2012 (07:53 AM).
<insert witty eloquence here>
Team Hoenn

Nature: Relaxed
Ugh, no. Shailene Woodley was competent (and, to be honest, probably the best thing about The Descendants) but 'out-of-ballpark' level? Nuh-uh. And then there's that fugly narration for the first 20 minutes that just DISAPPEARS OUT OF NOWHERE, and the stupid land-selling plot that goes exactly where you think it's going to go and then there's the fact that George Clooney just plays the same character in every friggin' movie (apart from the ones where he's supposed to be an idiot, like Burn After Reading) and the annoying friend of Shailene Woodley's character... Sid or something? I don't know. All I know is that The Descendants made me kinda angry after I watched it.

Oh, and hi guys! I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack. :D
Old February 8th, 2012 (08:20 AM).
Team Sinnoh
Crystal Tier

I didn't watch the entire movie, but the parts I did see, I can safely say that Shailene Woodley has certainly improved her acting since Secret Life of the American Teenager (even though that's still going on).
Old February 8th, 2012 (05:33 PM).
Team Hoenn

Nevertheless, the movie had me optimistic about Shailene Woodley, and this was a good role for her. And the flaws you mentioned didn't bother me that much, besides the decision about the land. I do agree on Sid though. He was a thorn in the side and I couldn't believe the character got brought around like "family". Besides that, I thought it was a lovely movie.
Old February 8th, 2012 (05:50 PM).
Team Kalos
Platinum Tier

I'm really not a George Clooney fan. I know everybody creams their jeans over him, but I don't find him that attractive or that magnificent an actor. There were definitely better performances this year than his in The Descendants.

Old February 8th, 2012 (06:07 PM).
Team Hoenn

Quote originally posted by Shining Raichu:
I'm really not a George Clooney fan. I know everybody creams their jeans over him, but I don't find him that attractive or that magnificent an actor. There were definitely better performances this year than his in The Descendants.
I'm pitching for Brad Pitt to get it after watching Clooney's performance, though it's a shame (see what I did there?) Fassbender didn't get a nom.
Old February 8th, 2012 (06:22 PM).
Team Kalos
Platinum Tier

He won't, though. Unfortunately that guy from The Artist will probably get it

In other news, my mother has these trashy women's magazines that she keeps in the bathroom and I was just flipping through one (she's always 3-4 weeks behind) and saw some inside Golden Globe gossip! As it turns out:

"Meryl Streep walked away a winner thanks to her lucky charm - a vintage stamp given to her by her kids, which she kept hidden in her shoe."

I don't know if she really deserved that Golden Globe anymore! That's practically rigging the competition!

Old February 11th, 2012 (08:07 PM).
Banned
Team Johto

Nature: Gentle
I just did a 100 chapter marathon to finish the B Gata H Kei manga, I laughed a lot. Any of you read that? What did you think?
Old February 12th, 2012 (07:38 AM).
For a sick boy
Team Unova

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Hagumi
I haven't read the B Gata H Kei manga but I did watch the anime. It was alright, I didn't think it was hilariously funny but it did make me laugh a few times. Maybe I'll get around to reading the manga someday.

Anyways I recently finished Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. I enjoyed it a lot and I don't really have anything bad to say about it. I started watching Paranoia Agent yesterday with an online friend and it's weird. Very weird. But a good kind of weird - as expected of the late Satoshi Kon (Dreaming Machine where, MADHOUSE? I also need to watch Perfect Blue one of these days). The soundtrack also seems quite awesome so far but it's created by Susumu Hirasawa so no surprises there. Does anyone else here like Satoshi Kon's works?
Old February 12th, 2012 (08:01 AM).
Banned
Team Johto

Nature: Gentle
I loved Paprika and Paranoia Agent, Perfect Blue was rather unsettling. You brought it up but the OSTs in his work really are stunning.

I would totally suggest reading it, most of the chapters are short so it doesn't take long to get through, much more complete than the anime.
Old February 12th, 2012 (10:40 AM).
For a sick boy
Team Unova

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Hagumi
Have you seen Satoshi Kon's Millennium Actress? If not, you really should! It's probably my favourite film of all time. I think everything about it is wonderful, including the OST (again it's by Susumu Hirasawa) and the ending almost made me cry. Tokyo Godfathers is alright as well but it's not on the same level as Paprika and Millennium Actress.

I agree, his OSTs are simply glorious.

I've added it to my 'Plan to Read' list. I was slightly turned off reading it when I saw it had 300 chapters but if they're fairly short chapters then it'll be alright.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links