The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Culture & Media

Notices

Culture & Media This is where all of pop culture culminates and chats over a cup of joe. Here you can find discussions relating to the latest and greatest television shows, movies, music and literature, and much more!

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 5th, 2011, 03:26 AM
Mr Cat Dog
Everything Will Be OK

Nature: Relaxed

Advertise here
No... Terra Nova's live-action, Andy. It has loads of CGI usage, but it's definitely a live-action show.
Old December 5th, 2011, 08:02 AM
Melves
up in the air.

Nature: Quirky
Well, I just watched two episodes and so far nothing remotely interesting to keep me from watching it. A good plot with poor executions.

I am watching CSI: Miami which is one of the best crime shows I have ever watched. And I watch a lot of crime shows.
Old December 5th, 2011, 08:10 AM
Oryx
open up your sea chart
Community Supporter

Adventure Time is based in a post-apocalyptic world where Finn is the only human left and Jake is made 'magic' by radioactive waste.

And here I thought Scarf was just randomly advertising haha, there was a reason behind linking me here!

'Hoy, small fry!
Old December 5th, 2011, 09:53 AM
Esper

Well, cartoons can get expensive to make depending on the style and quality and whether you outsource it or make it in-country.

deviantart blog pair
Old December 5th, 2011, 02:17 PM
Palladium
2012 FTW!

Nature: Calm
I like Adventure Time ...
Anyways, I'd rather keep away from some Fox shows
The only ones I really like are Simpsons, Family Guy and Wilfred. Mainly because I think they're very funny, and I like the plot.

"The past has gone, and the future's uncertain, but now is a gift, that's why it's called present"

Active Challenges:
~ Dex Rotation [Red]

Last edited by Palladium; December 5th, 2011 at 02:18 PM. Reason: Avoiding being chased down by "NO LISTING"
Old December 5th, 2011, 03:16 PM
shenanigans
ALL NEON LIKE
Staff Admin

I watched a bit of Wilfred a while back. It was very weird and I didn't understand the ending, but it was really hilarious at points. I hope they make another series or something like that, although I doubt it. Just doesn't seem like they can go anywhere from here, unfortunately.
Old December 5th, 2011, 03:25 PM
shenanigans
ALL NEON LIKE
Staff Admin

Revival time yeahhhhhhhh.

I'm after some pretty chill electronic music. I'm not gonna specify what subgenre right now so just give me anything you've got!
Old December 5th, 2011, 03:27 PM
Mr Cat Dog
Everything Will Be OK

Emeralds are kinda awesome. More specifically, Does It Look Like I'm Here? is very good and streaming on Spotify. It's very chilled (so chilled that it's completely instrumental) but very electronic at the same time.
Old December 5th, 2011, 04:00 PM
Palladium
2012 FTW!

Well, they are making a second season, to be announced July next year.
Wilfred has something I like in other shows, like South Park for example, the carelessness about choosing the right words (sometimes);

Terra Nova's going on here, I don't really think it sucks, but I don't particularly like it ...

"The past has gone, and the future's uncertain, but now is a gift, that's why it's called present"

Active Challenges:
~ Dex Rotation [Red]
Old December 6th, 2011, 06:35 AM
TRIFORCE89
Guide of Darkness

Nature: Quiet
Terra Nova and Person of Interest were two shows I check out this fall. I saw two episodes of Terra Nova, but thought it was boring. I love Person of Interest though.
Old December 6th, 2011, 07:25 AM
Palladium
2012 FTW!

I haven't actually checked out PoI yet, might see it sometime
But I don't think I'll like it too much, I like comedy shows better

Active Challenges:
~ Dex Rotation [Red]
Old December 6th, 2011, 08:31 AM
Esper

Boards of Canada is pretty relaxing and I'd also recommend Ulrich Schnauss for the same reason. I think the music speaks for itself. Hope it's what you're looking for.

deviantart blog pair
Old December 6th, 2011, 08:50 AM
BryGuy Shinigami
Psychic Pokemon Prophet

Send a message via Yahoo to BryGuy Shinigami
What channel does Person of Interest come on? Is it CBS? I was recommended to this show by a friend.

White: ASHLEY-4298 7627 2928
SoulSilver: BRITNEY-3053 0208 4241
Old December 6th, 2011, 10:30 AM
Gold warehouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Leaf View Post

I'm after some pretty chill electronic music. I'm not gonna specify what subgenre right now so just give me anything you've got!
James Blake
Aphex Twin
The Flashbulb
Air
Amon Tobin
Final
Burial
Steve Roach
Old December 6th, 2011, 11:15 AM
Mr. Downstairs
Community Supporter

Anyone have any recommendations for bands like Gorillaz? Not in the way they sound. I pretty much have a majority of their similar artists in my library. I mean bands that are formed the same way that feature made up characters, but use real people? I don't really know how to explain it. Virtual bands, of sorts?
Old December 6th, 2011, 12:01 PM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Nature: Gentle
The only shows I've only really been watching this season is Criminal Minds and Psych, which are both crime shows, and my two favorite ones. It's nice, because since the new episodes air on the same day back to back, I can watch the suspenseful Criminal Minds, and then afterwards watch the more lighthearted and comedic Psych.

Oh, and then there's My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, but that one is more passive than the other two so to speak.

I've heard of Person of Interest though, and I've heard a few good things about it. Not sure which channel it's on.
Old December 6th, 2011, 01:21 PM
Jak
i'll let you have it

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Kruder & Dorfmeister got some pretty chill downtempo stuff. Check it.

Into the room, I know you want it
Bang bang, all over you, I'll let you have it
Wait a minute, let me take you there
Old December 6th, 2011, 02:07 PM
Xeberos
Friendship is Magic <3

Nature: Brave
At the moment I'm listening Skrillex. Skrillex's music is just perfect. All songs are great so just pick one of his songs - I'm sure you like it.

So I recommend Skrillex to everyone.
Co-Owner of The Cute Pokemon Club
Old December 6th, 2011, 02:18 PM
Mr. Downstairs
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Leaf View Post

The Sound of Arrows, if you would consider them electronic. Some group them as dance.

Oh and there is Neon Indian.
Old December 6th, 2011, 05:55 PM
TRIFORCE89
Guide of Darkness

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryGuy Shinigami View Post
What channel does Person of Interest come on? Is it CBS? I was recommended to this show by a friend.
CBS on Thursdays. But the season's over now. It's in repeats until it starts up again :(

It's written by Jonathon Nolan, who wrote The Dark Knight. So, if you like that kind of noir, crime feeling... that's basically what the show is. It's like Batman, minus the suit, and with a gun.
Old December 7th, 2011, 06:17 AM
Katholic Nun
of the Khristian Kollection

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Cat Dog View Post
No... Terra Nova's live-action, Andy. It has loads of CGI usage, but it's definitely a live-action show.
LMAO. OK I might have skimmed Melves' post and missed the part where he changed the subject to Terra Nova. I thought we were still talking about Adventure Time :P

Moderator of General Chat
PAIR(S)|NOW|TUMBLR
"like when AT&T was paying for our meals in dallas you bet your ass I ordered the lamb" - Oryx, 2014 A.D.

Last edited by Lilith; March 31st, 2013 at 08:19 AM.
Old December 7th, 2011, 04:44 PM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Is there any bands that someone can recommend that are like Within Temptation. I know Nightwish and Evanescence are considered to be similar to the band, but I want to know if there are any more. Something more like their older style, and less like they're new style, but something that is similar to their new style would work as well, I suppose. I'm curious to know if there is any similar bands, that have a deep lyrics as Within Temptation.

Also, I'm trying to listen to more English music in general, so if anyone can mention some of their favorite bands/songs that I could check out would be wonderful.
Old December 7th, 2011, 09:22 PM
Xeberos
Friendship is Magic <3

Nature: Brave
One Brittish band what comes to my mind is Gorillaz. You should try it Binary. Or are you looking for band which music is similiar to Within Temptation?
Co-Owner of The Cute Pokemon Club
Old December 7th, 2011, 10:59 PM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

I'm looking for music that is similar to Within Temptation in specific, but since I'm looking into more English Artists in general, I'll give Gorillaz a shot.
Old December 8th, 2011, 02:36 AM
Melves
up in the air.

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Raichu View Post
LMAO. OK I might have skimmed Melves' post and missed the part where he changed the subject to Terra Nova. I thought we were still talking about Adventure Time :P
I figured as much, haha. no need for apologizing for just skimming MY post! x( lol >.<

Anyways, there is something I have been wondering. Does anyone watch series such as 90210, One Tree Hill, The O.C, Gossip Girl and other relevant shows -- shows beginning with a high school, romance theme, and stuff like that? I feel I am the only one here who does >.<
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here