The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Culture & Media

Notices

Culture & Media This is where all of pop culture culminates and chats over a cup of joe. Here you can find discussions relating to the latest and greatest television shows, movies, music and literature, and much more!

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 18th, 2012, 10:02 AM
Sodom
with a capital Y.

Nature: Adamant

Advertise here
It's 4am, I just got home from seeing The Dark Knight Rises and I just came straight here to say that, while I won't reveal anything, words cannot describe the majesty of that ****ing movie.

And anybody who said Anne Hathaway would not make a good Catwoman can immediately go die in a hole of their incorrectness and shame.

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

Old July 18th, 2012, 09:20 PM
Mariah Carey
what a feeling
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Well, I for one would love a chance to rip into too-pretty-for-the-role-not-sexy-enough Anne Hathaway so hopefully I'll be seeing TDKR within the next couple of days!
Old July 19th, 2012, 08:02 AM
Nuke

Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
I appear not to have replied when the Spiderman conversation was going so I'll say the new one was okay, but I prefer the previous triology so far minus the stupid emo part of 3.

I can't wait to the see The Dark Knight Rises, but I can't afford to see it straight away and someone will spoil it eventually.

X + Y - 4914-3466-1264
Old July 20th, 2012, 03:52 PM
Vintage Arachnid
im always watchin
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Vintage Arachnid
I'm suppose to see TDKR tomorrow so I'm hoping it's as great as everyone is saying it is. I almost forgot Anne Hathaway was in it I'm kind of looking forward to it now. I'm not really into all the hype as everyone else I never got why they were such a big deal especially the first one.

THE EXTREMELY JEALOUS PAIR OF CAREFULWETPAINT
Old July 22nd, 2012, 07:36 AM
Sodom
with a capital Y.

So I have a few things to ***** about:

1) People in showbiz getting pregnant. I honestly think this should be disallowed because it's so frustrating. You see so many great people with such talent and so much to offer just giving it up because they give birth and want to spend time with the little creature. I think this might actually be where my hatred of children originated lol - when Julia Roberts got pregnant. She was on the top of her game. Then she had to go have babies and now she's back on the silver screen picking terrible roles and being in movies that bomb terribly as though those years of child-rearing sucked out her brain.

The latest offender is Lily Allen. Just weeks after announcing her comeback to music, she's pregnant again! So now who knows how long it will be before we get more awesome Lily Allen music because I doubt she'll be doing much until the new baby is old enough to be no longer breastfeeding.

2) Unnecessary additional Superman movies right after we just got rid of Smallville. Unnecessary casting of Russell Crowe in movies. This film fits both these descriptions.

Old July 23rd, 2012, 05:54 AM
Rest
Showstealer Pro: Trial Version

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Raichu View Post
1) People in showbiz getting pregnant. I honestly think this should be disallowed because it's so frustrating. You see so many great people with such talent and so much to offer just giving it up because they give birth and want to spend time with the little creature. I think this might actually be where my hatred of children originated lol - when Julia Roberts got pregnant. She was on the top of her game. Then she had to go have babies and now she's back on the silver screen picking terrible roles and being in movies that bomb terribly as though those years of child-rearing sucked out her brain.
I didn't like her in any film she's been in this previous decade ("What is this, Eat, Pray ****ing Love?!") but I've heard great things about her in Notting Hill and Erin Brokovich.

As for children, I don't know, Michelle Williams (<3) has had a flourishing career after she gave birth to her daughter, so it certainly isn't universal, haha.

Quote:
2) Unnecessary additional Superman movies right after we just got rid of Smallville. Unnecessary casting of Russell Crowe in movies. This film fits both these descriptions.
You kidding? The teasers look great!

Hey guys, been a long time since I've stopped by C&M. :3
Old July 23rd, 2012, 06:54 AM
Sodom
with a capital Y.

REST YOU ARE BACK OMFG YAY!!!

And yeah, I posted that before I saw the trailer for Man of Steel. I'm actually disgusted by just how much I like it because I really really don't want to lol. I still think it's unnecessary at any rate

Old July 23rd, 2012, 08:18 AM
Mr Cat Dog
Everything Will Be OK

Welcome back, Rest! Don't leave C&M ever ever ever again! :D
Old July 23rd, 2012, 09:24 AM
Rest

Hi Cat, Raichu <3

Cat, whatever happened to your wordpress blog? It was a really good review blog that I enjoyed a lot (you picking Naya Rivera as your personal Outstanding Supporting Actress was a particular standout and a very interesting choice, as is the much-deserved Joel McHale!). I want to see more full-fledged awards reviews from you please, they're great fun to read c:
Old July 23rd, 2012, 09:36 AM
Mr Cat Dog
Everything Will Be OK

You read my blog!? Legitimately, my face went like this when reading that! But, suffice to say, real life commitments got in the way. (Also, Naya Rivera doesn't stand a chance at this year's CatDoggys. Which'll probably be in my head only.)
Old July 23rd, 2012, 02:28 PM
Matthew

Okay, so I've been filtering through a list of old movies, as in 80s, 90s movies. I found a title called Goodfellas -- which I don't remember ever buying tbh. Is it a good watch? I'm guessing a yes; with De Niro starring in it, I can't see it going that bad.
Old July 23rd, 2012, 09:23 PM
Mariah Carey
what a feeling
Community Supporter

So Andy, all female celebrities in showbiz should do a Giuliana Rancic and just become unable to have a child? Would that solve your problems? You know what, I'm calling God right now and he will personally screw around with the wombs of all females in Hollywood in order to appease you. Trust me, when there are no more Willow Smiths in this world, you will thank me.

And as for this whole Superman nonsense, I don't give two little Kal-El's about the whole thing. It's destined to fail anyway, so just let it happen and let's move on with our lives.
Old July 23rd, 2012, 09:33 PM
Sodom
with a capital Y.

Sorry Vera, I've never seen Goodfellas . I'm not much of a DeNiro fan in general though, so I think my opinion would be biased in the negative

And yes, Harlequin my love, that would be wonderful. If you can have God arrange that for me, I would be most grateful :D. Also have adoption agencies ban Hollywood stars from adoption - best to cover all bases.

Old July 23rd, 2012, 09:35 PM
Vintage Arachnid
im always watchin
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Vintage Arachnid
Ahh, when I saw the trailer for Superman it made me want to see it as well.

Now the trailer for Oz: The Great and Powerful was a bit iffy.

THE EXTREMELY JEALOUS PAIR OF CAREFULWETPAINT
Old July 23rd, 2012, 09:45 PM
Mariah Carey
what a feeling
Community Supporter

James Franco is just iffy in general.

But then who would rise up to take their place, Andy?
Old July 23rd, 2012, 10:31 PM
Livewire
でんきタイプ

Send a message via Skype™ to Livewire
Goodfellas is considered one of the greatest films of its genre.

AND MAN OF STEEL HOLY CRAP MUST SEE
Old July 24th, 2012, 07:53 AM
Rest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Cat Dog View Post
(Also, Naya Rivera doesn't stand a chance at this year's CatDoggys. Which'll probably be in my head only.)
Huh, I wonder.

Alice in Wonderland was excruciating, I don't know if I could ever watch one more of those glossy CGI films anymore.
Old July 24th, 2012, 08:11 AM
Sodom
with a capital Y.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlequin
But then who would rise up to take their place, Andy?
People from small towns with big dreams, of course.

Also Rest, you are pretty much Mr Cat Dog Jr. They should call you Mr Kitten Puppy XD

Old July 25th, 2012, 04:32 AM
Rest

Quote:
Also Rest, you are pretty much Mr Cat Dog Jr. They should call you Mr Kitten Puppy XD
Nah, we both just love films and TV and music and the like. c:
Old July 25th, 2012, 04:56 AM
Sodom
with a capital Y.

No, we all love films and TV and music and the like, that's why we post here

You two specifically have something more going on haha. It feels like a deeper connection, you know? You both have a similar energy!

Old July 25th, 2012, 05:52 AM
Mariah Carey
what a feeling
Community Supporter

Who is going to be Katharine Hepburn and who is going to be Spencer Tracy in the relationship? I don't imagine Jon to be the self-destructive type, so he clearly cannot be Spence, can he?
Old July 25th, 2012, 10:47 AM
Esper

No, no. They're Humphrey Bogart and Claude Rains. They have a beautiful friendship.

Andy, I don't love films and TV. I am full of spite and vitriol. I love to criticize TV and films.

deviantart blog pair
Old July 26th, 2012, 07:34 AM
Mariah Carey
what a feeling
Community Supporter

I was never that fond of Casablanca. I enjoyed it, but I don't think it's the magnificent movie society proclaims it to be.
Old July 26th, 2012, 10:24 AM
Esper

I only saw it a few months ago. I liked it, but maybe a lot of my enjoyment came from already knowing half the lines in the movie.

But yeah, not THE BEST MOVIE EVER. Still, wasn't bad.

deviantart blog pair
Old July 26th, 2012, 11:22 AM
Mr Cat Dog
Everything Will Be OK

I really like Casablanca, but it's been an absolute age since I've seen it in its entirety. I caught a snippet of it playing on TV a few days ago, and that part still holds up as well as I remember. Maybe this'll be the excuse that's needed for me to watch it again on DVD...

Oh, and I'd definitely be Katherine Hepburn/Humphrey Bogart in this imaginary pairing/shipping that you lot have planned for me! :P

Sponsored Links

Advertise here