Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Culture & Media
Reload this Page DCC EVAN PETERS HAVE MY BABIES

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Culture & Media This is where all of pop culture culminates and chats over a cup of joe. Here you can find discussions relating to the latest and greatest television shows, movies, music and literature, and much more!

Closed Thread

Old July 11th, 2013 (09:40 AM).
Will you notice?
Gold Tier

Nature: Quiet
Dyas of Future Past (If it follows the storyline of it) will involve time travel and it's gonna be a sequel to X-Men 3 & X-Men First Class.
Old July 11th, 2013 (11:21 AM).
clearly there's something wrong
ModeratorCS

Nature: Naughty
Quote originally posted by Scarf:
Origins? That was the first Wolverine movie, right? That was a hot mess of a movie. Fun, in a Mystery Science Theater kind of way though. This next one looks like it could be pretty good, though I always worry about movies with Western actors taking place in Japan.

Days of Future Past is one of those apocalyptic dystopian future stories, isn't it?
It wasn't that bad, perhaps cliche at worst! :P

If it involves time travel, I'm sure it will be, not like we've had enough of those lately...
Old July 11th, 2013 (11:25 AM).
Will you notice?
Gold Tier

I actually love the Days of Future Past storyline, just can't wait to see how it will turn out on the big screen

Wolverines Origins was actually a decent movie. I enjoyed it.
Old July 15th, 2013 (09:52 PM).
ModeratorCS

Sooo, about our coming-of-age teen queens! How does everyone feel about Selena Gomez's new single 'Slow Down?' It's the standard club dance song, and I find it very catchy and I'm loving Gomez coming out of her teen shell even more and I have high expectations for Stars Dance. Also, Ariana Grande's new single 'Baby, I' is being released in a week! Anyone else excited for that?
Old July 15th, 2013 (09:55 PM).
Kalos Elite
Super ModeratorCS

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Sooo, about our coming-of-age teen queens! How does everyone feel about Selena Gomez's new single 'Slow Down?' It's the standard club dance song, and I find it very catchy and I'm loving Gomez coming out of her teen shell even more and I have high expectations for Stars Dance. Also, Ariana Grande's new single 'Baby, I' is being released in a week! Anyone else excited for that?
Haven't heard the new Selena stuff, but as you can tell, I'm totally geared up for Ariana's new single. <3 I always am!!

btw, Super Soaker by Kings of Leon is released on Wednesday. :D So I'm excited for that too! Haven't gotten new material from them since fall of 2010 so it will be great to have new stuff from them.

"I'm burning up with my hatred for you, runt!"

pair
Old July 15th, 2013 (10:04 PM).
ModeratorCS

Quote originally posted by Sydian:
btw, Super Soaker by Kings of Leon is released on Wednesday. :D So I'm excited for that too! Haven't gotten new material from them since fall of 2010 so it will be great to have new stuff from them.
Oh, jeez, really?! That's super exciting, as it has been ages since anything new's come from them. I'm still stuck on Only by the Night so everything else can move on.
Old July 15th, 2013 (10:13 PM).
Kalos Elite
Super ModeratorCS

Really? You missed an album then! Come Around Sundown was the last one, and it's personally my favorite. You should give it a listen. Perfect summer album really, even though it came out in fall that year haha.

pair
Old July 15th, 2013 (10:16 PM).
ModeratorCS

Oh I know, I just kind of prefer Only by the Night to Come Around Sundown, even though both are fabulous in their own rite, haha. I'll just keep on my hands and knees for this next album now that I know about it, heh.
Old July 16th, 2013 (08:13 AM).
#FutureHoennRemakesMod
Gold Tier

Nature: Serious
Quote originally posted by Antemortem:
I haven't heard 'Slow Down' - unfortunately I'm not much of a fan of Selena ('Come & Get It' is very limp to my ears, and nothing before that was special either). The Disney girls have all been very interesting this year though, it's a (pleasant) surprise to see them getting so much more successful / credible, though I can't really fathom why it's happening now. Miley's single comes off as just a tad desperate (the video mostly) but I'm quite partial to the "official remix" featuring Khia of 'My Neck, My Back (Lick It)' fame!

Old July 16th, 2013 (10:29 AM).
Showstealer Pro: Trial Version

Nature: Careful
So I just watched Pacific Rim. A gorgeous, gorgeous film with an otherwise middling story, I thought. What did you guys think about it?
Old July 16th, 2013 (10:50 AM).
ModeratorCS

Quote originally posted by François:
Miley's single comes off as just a tad desperate (the video mostly) but I'm quite partial to the "official remix" featuring Khia of 'My Neck, My Back (Lick It)' fame!
We Can't Stop comes off as very desperate for attention, especially the video. She's trying to reach for a new demographic, but I can't tell what kind of music she's trying to make to along with it. It's the most ambiguous stepping stone she's taken so far and I'm not sure where it's leading her. I also like that version you linked and just listened to it a few times in a row, haha. :P
Old July 16th, 2013 (12:13 PM).
Will you notice?
Gold Tier

Quote originally posted by Rest:
So I just watched Pacific Rim. A gorgeous, gorgeous film with an otherwise middling story, I thought. What did you guys think about it?
I'm hearing good things about it, which tbh, I'm impressed. I thought it would be badly received apart from the special effects. Is it just another summer blockbuster or is this like a really good movie?
Old July 16th, 2013 (12:22 PM).
Kalos Elite
Super ModeratorCS

Quote:
Oh I know, I just kind of prefer Only by the Night to Come Around Sundown, even though both are fabulous in their own rite, haha. I'll just keep on my hands and knees for this next album now that I know about it, heh.
Have you listened to the other three albums? They're a lot different than those two, which is why a lot of people don't like KoL anymore, but I mean, I love all the albums so idc haha. But their first album, Youth and Young Manhood, is good if you want some good, crazy, silly southern rock. Really fun album.

I also agree about We Can't Stop. She comes off as trying too hard to change her image, and while I think her new look is great, it just...needs to flow better. Right now, it's too forced in her music, if you get what I mean. The song itself is kind of boring to me. She needs to rewatch that episode of Hannah Montana where she tried to change her image and it didn't work.

Gonna see Grown Ups 2 tonight possibly! Hoping that's good. I know a lot of people hate Sandler, but I really enjoyed the first movie and just rewatched it the other night, so I'd like to see the second.

AND 6 DAYS TIL BABY I <33 1 til Super Soaker. :D

pair
Old July 17th, 2013 (12:45 AM).
Showstealer Pro: Trial Version

Nature: Careful
Quote originally posted by LilJz1234:
I'm hearing good things about it, which tbh, I'm impressed. I thought it would be badly received apart from the special effects. Is it just another summer blockbuster or is this like a really good movie?
I think it's one of the best summer blockbusters I've seen in a while. I was really satisfied by just how gigantic the action is and how colourful everything was. I got goosebumps the entire sit-in. The eye candy should be enough a reason to check it out at the theatres. Story-wise though? Meh, it could've been done better. I know one of the writers worked on Clash of the Titans before so that's probably the reason why it felt mediocre.
Old July 18th, 2013 (09:06 AM).
Silver Tier

Just saw the Emmy thread and... they give awards for reality show hosts? Really?
Old July 18th, 2013 (09:28 AM).
just a guy
CS

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Just saw the Emmy thread and... they give awards for reality show hosts? Really?
I don't get it very much either.
Old July 18th, 2013 (08:37 PM).
Kalos Elite
Super ModeratorCS

Sounds like I need to reconsider my career choice.

pair
Old July 18th, 2013 (09:08 PM).
Super ModeratorBSCS

Nature: Adamant
Pacific Rim deserves a lot more love!

Gets me excited for Del Toro's Crimson Peak. :D
Old July 19th, 2013 (06:40 PM).
ModeratorCS

Apparently, and it's a very baseless operation, that. It's essentially giving an award to someone who narrates the scripts and not always in a very entertaining way. I don't understand the category's conception whatsoever.
Old July 22nd, 2013 (12:29 PM).
<insert witty eloquence here>

Nature: Relaxed
Quote originally posted by Antemortem:
Apparently, and it's a very baseless operation, that. It's essentially giving an award to someone who narrates the scripts and not always in a very entertaining way. I don't understand the category's conception whatsoever.
I think you're being a tad dismissive. Sure, it's not rocket science, but hosting live TV without things going completely off the rails is quite a skill to get right. And the best make it seem truly effortless whilst still doing so much legwork in making sure that the show ends on time, putting on a good front and having a crapload of people yelling stuff in their earpiece. It's so much more than just reading a script or an autocue.
Old July 22nd, 2013 (02:05 PM).
mmm gurl that 90s
Crystal Tier

Nature: Impish
I would probably murder everyone out of rage before I could get that right :p

The hosts, etc. are fine but the actors are what make the reality shows suck I think.

Old August 2nd, 2013 (08:49 AM).
Silver Tier

So, um, speaking of murder? (I dunno. It was in the last post.) Anyone else a fan of murder mysteries? I am a sucker for them, especially the 'parlor scene' at the end where all is revealed. Clue is definitely my favorite movie in this genre.
Old August 2nd, 2013 (09:01 PM).
Kalos Elite
Super ModeratorCS

Murder is such a bother to me in a real world sense that I just can't even enjoy it in fiction. ...Wow I worded that oddly. But yeah. I just can't handle it. I was watching The Hunger Games with my friend today, and even though I've already seen it, it's still disturbing to me how the characters treat murder. I mean I know it's fiction, but I always think...there are probably real people that treat murder that way.

Murder mysteries themselves also add suspense, and I'm already overly anxious and worrisome, so I don't need more stuff to worry about, even if it's fiction haha.

pair
Old August 4th, 2013 (11:36 AM).
Crystal Tier

Meet Peter Capaldi, the newest incarnation of the Doctor.
I'm pretty stoked about this. Idk about y'all!!
Old August 5th, 2013 (05:33 AM).
<insert witty eloquence here>

Nature: Relaxed
It'll take a lot for people to associate him as anything other than Malcolm Tucker from The Thick of It, but I'm certainly intrigued as to how his casting will change the show. Not that I've watched it in many years... but I'm still interested.

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)