< >
Hello, guest! Please log in or register.

The PokéCommunity

Go Back     The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > General Entertainment Chit-Chat EVAN PETERS HAVE MY BABIES

Notices

General Entertainment The PokeCommunity's red carpet: discuss topics, hot or otherwise, centered around music, films, TV, books, and sports!

Closed Thread Closed Thread

Old January 20th, 2012 (9:16 PM).
living in the past
Silver Tier

Nature: Bold
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Chairman Kaga
Dead thread is dead. I doubt my post will change that XD

So, I recently caught up on a half year's worth of the Bleach anime. I don't keep up with the manga, so everything after
Spoiler:
Aizen's defeat
has remained pretty much unspoiled for me. Maybe coming off of the worst filler arc in the series has severely lowered my standards, but...........I have to admit. I think I'm enjoying the Xcution arc more than any arc since the arrival of the Arrancars.

Spoiler:

Something about it just feels so much more intimate, like Bleach used to feel when it first began. The fact that Ichigo is no longer massively overpowered compared to his friends and everyone has to cooperate in order to survive is really refreshing. The Fullbringers are interesting and with the exception of the raging tsundere Riruka, can't be pegged into a single character trope like a lot of past disposable/arc-specific Bleach characters. Ginjou, Giriko, Yukio, and Jackie at least give off the illusion of depth (I guess I'm under Kyouka Suigetsu's hypnosis to be saying this about ANY Bleach character.)

Essentially it's just a training arc, and Tsukishima is no Aizen so he'll be summarily curbstomped by Ichigo the second he regains his shinigami powers/becomes the most powerful Fullbringer EVAR/etc, but for now, I'm just enjoying the ride. It's not different, but it's at least different for Kubo, so I'll take what I can get. I've watched every episode of every filler arc, do not underestimate my tolerance for Bleach.

Relevant Advertising!

Old January 20th, 2012 (11:41 PM).
Banned

Nature: Gentle
The Fullbring arc was a lot more enjoyable in the anime, a few scenes were added and the direction and music were good. I've put the anime on hold (along with Shippuden, Fairy Tail and Pokemon) so I can marathon, it always seems less annoying that way.

As we're talking about "Big 3".... Tsundere Kyuubi....wasn't expecting that.
Old January 21st, 2012 (12:19 AM).
living in the past
Silver Tier

Yeah, there's been a noticeable increase in animation budget and attention to direction since they got off of the horribad filler arc they were on (though the final episode of that arc did have mindblowing movie-quality animation, I guess as a way to thank people who suffered through the whole thing, hah.) I know Bleach's popularity is slipping pretty badly in Japan, I guess the animators are being optimistic and hoping that higher quality will bring wayward fans back. I hope the gambit works and they don't suddenly go QUALITY on us and farm episodes out to North Korea.

Can't speak on Kyuubi, Naruto's the only one of the big three that I don't keep up with in some form. I have almost a year's worth of One Piece saved up, I guess I should get to that next. They couldn't even muster up good animation for most of Marineford even though it was the most important arc in the series thus far so I lost interest in following it week to week, just stuck with the manga. I've also been meaning to start Toriko and Sket Dance.

Old January 21st, 2012 (12:37 AM).
Banned

I didn't hate that filler before the timeskip, I mean it was generic Bleach filler but was still less of a letdown than the "final"Aizen fight, we all know he'll be back with the series not far past it's half way point.

Only at Thriller Bark in One Piece hence why I didn't comment on it.

Only seen the Gintama x Sket dance crossover, can't say I'm overly eager to start it. I will probably get to Medaka Box next, kind of have to with who's writing it now don't I.
Old January 21st, 2012 (1:03 AM).
living in the past
Silver Tier

The last Bleach filler was at least tolerable enough that I didn't drop the show, but I ended up hating Nozomi like deadly poison enough that the whole arc ended up ranking under such hits as Ichigo Protects Loli Oujosama and Vice Captains Bake Cakes With Ghosts. The only word she could apparently say for the first half of the arc was "pervert" and, well, there was the issue of having to look at Kagerouza's hairdo for months on end.

The Aizen fight was monumentally disappointing, but:

Spoiler:

Kubo has no qualms about killing off villains. Aizen was sealed, not killed. HE. WILL. BE. BACK.

The King of Soul Society will be evil and Aizen will come back as an ally. Also, I refuse to accept that we'll never see Kyouka Suigetsu's bankai in spite of years of mediocrity from Kubo. He may suck in the narrative department, but he has an infinite bag of interesting powers for new characters that he keeps pulling from. (except Jackie Tristan. Stupidest power in the history of Bleach, nay, all of anime.)

Oh wow, I almost forgot that Medaka Box was coming. Gainax may be a shell of its former glory, but I believe in Nisioisin.

Old January 21st, 2012 (3:18 AM).
<insert witty eloquence here>

Nature: Relaxed
This year's Oscar host is Billy Crystal. After the Ratner-homophobic snafu, the Academy are trying to have as non-controversial a ceremony as possible, hence Crystal.
Old January 21st, 2012 (3:25 AM). Edited January 21st, 2012 by Hikamaru.
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Raichu View Post
LOL at Harlequin and Scarf. I'm sorry, Daniel Craig has annoyed me ever since he first being James Bond and now when I see his face all I can think of it leather and I find that irritating while I'm trying to watch someone act.
Well, he's got a new movie coming out - The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, which is based on the book of the same name. This is the English version of the movie adaptation.

For those who don't know it, The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo is the first part of the Millennium Trilogy books by Stieg Larsson.

IMO Daniel Craig is OK but I'm not that obsessed with the 007 James Bond series.

Now for music, here's what I'm listening to:

Fade Into Darkness - Avicii

Here's some tragedy for the entertainment world - Etta James died yesterday from leukemia aged 73. An American rhythm and blues legend who will be sadly missed. She was portrayed by Beyonce in the movie Cadillac Records.

RIP Etta James - you will sadly be missed.
Old January 21st, 2012 (3:35 AM).
Emile Hersch turned 30 today. Who the hell is Emile Hersch?
Platinum Tier

Nature: Adamant
I'm highly unenthused about Billy Crystal being the Oscars host. It's such a blah choice. I loved Anne Hathaway last year, I thought she gave it her all and did amazingly. James Franco on the other hand just stood there looking smug, but oh well. Maybe they'll choose better next year.

Also, I went two nights ago to see The Darkest Hour. I didn't want to see it, I was just going to hang out with a friend, but it actually wasn't quite as terrible as I thought it would be. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't fantastic, but it wasn't terrible.

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

Old January 21st, 2012 (3:45 AM). Edited January 21st, 2012 by Hikamaru.
Crystal Tier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Raichu View Post
I'm highly unenthused about Billy Crystal being the Oscars host. It's such a blah choice. I loved Anne Hathaway last year, I thought she gave it her all and did amazingly. James Franco on the other hand just stood there looking smug, but oh well. Maybe they'll choose better next year.

Also, I went two nights ago to see The Darkest Hour. I didn't want to see it, I was just going to hang out with a friend, but it actually wasn't quite as terrible as I thought it would be. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't fantastic, but it wasn't terrible.
Andy, you really love your movies. I'm not that obsessed with them but I've seen the commercial for The Darkest Hour and it looks epic.

Oscars nominations to be announced next week!

I'm listening to this right now, currently my fave song:

Big In Japan - Martin Solveig (feat. Dragonette & Idoling)
Old January 21st, 2012 (5:51 AM).
Platinum Tier

It really wasn't epic lol, it was entertaining but that's the biggest compliment I can give it.

And yes OSCAR NOMINATIONS! THREE DAYS! Lets hope the nominations are more exciting than the host!

Old January 21st, 2012 (5:59 AM).
Crystal Tier

Oh yes, Andy. The Oscar Nominations!

I like posting what I listen to, at least Serebii allows you to post in its own thread.

I'm listening to this song right now:

Bohemian Like You - The Dandy Warhols
Old January 21st, 2012 (7:12 AM).
Crystal Tier

I gave up on Bleach some time ago, and reading an excerpt from an interview Kubo gave at Jump Fiesta not too long ago, I've got no regrets over it.

Spoiler:
He does plan to eventually bring back Aizen, and he wants to keep the manga going for at least another ten years. One Piece is really the only one of the big three that can do that and keep itself fresh.

Though I do want to watch that new manga arc once it's animated, just to see what's changed by that point. (or what hasn't, I swear, if it's another rescue arc, I give up on everything, Shounen Jump is sort of in a period of stagnation at this point)
Old January 21st, 2012 (11:59 AM).
living in the past
Silver Tier

The Xcution arc kind of fell into being a standard training arc within the past few episodes, I'm hoping it can pull itself out of that. Considering that Bleach has always been predictably training arc -> rescue arc -> training arc -> rescue arc -> ad infinitum, I wouldn't hold out much hope for the next arc.

I know you praised One Piece in your spoiler, but even it's in a rut. The Fishman Island arc has been the worst major arc in One Piece since Skypiea, though the past three or four chapters introduced some plot elements that felt like classic One Piece and it might get back on track soon. SJ is still very ripe for a newcomer with good ideas to come along and claim a spot amongst the big three.

Old January 21st, 2012 (12:15 PM).
Banned

The main thing that annoyed me about Xcution is the fact that...*Manga spoiler, although I doubt anyone cares about getting spoiled in Bleach anymore*
Spoiler:
the fact that the fullbringers, like every other group of training characters will have no baring on the story.

A spoiler that animu only fans might want to not click.
I liked how
Spoiler:
Kubo made it seem like Riruka could have offed herself at the end of the arc, I'm sure in the anime they'll show her to be alive somewhere but it seemed to me like Kubo's dark streak reared it's head again. For the other time remember Gin's reason for doing hat he did.

Also sales wise I think bleach had been falling. Gintama will never be in the "big three". sadfrog.jpg
Old January 21st, 2012 (12:17 PM).
Silver Tier

Crystal isn't that bad, but yeah, he does scream "safe choice" since he's entertaining enough I suppose and has been around long enough to know what not to do.

I'm waiting for the list of nominations so I can have some idea of what to look into watching next. I always see movies advertised here and there and think "oh, that looks interesting" only to forget they exist when I actually go to look for something to watch.
タコゾネス
The Galigo Region * Avatar
Old January 21st, 2012 (12:27 PM).
living in the past
Silver Tier

Oh yeah, I'm under no illusions that they're anything more than

Spoiler:
Vizards 2.0
. It was obvious the moment they were introduced.

And

Spoiler:
Sigh, tsundere-chan dies? I........strangely like her in spite of the fact that I normally despise tsunderes. I guess it's preferable to Kubo disappearing supporting characters like he normally does.

Did anyone see the episode from the last filler arc where they brought back Kukaku and Ganju for one scene but DIDN'T EVEN GIVE THEM A SPEAKING ROLE? I felt massively trolled.

Yeah, Bleach is tanking and I don't even think that it's part of the official "Big Three" of SJ anymore. It's OP/Naruto/Toriko now, afaik.

Old January 21st, 2012 (12:45 PM).
Banned

Speaking to herself she
Spoiler:
thanks everyone for forming bonds with her and how she would like people to forget about her even though she knows they won't. After that she either hop skip full bring no jitsus of into the distance, never to return or jumps to her death. I don't expect she'll ever return so I'd rather the dramatic death......Suicide in Bleach, me doubts it though.

My other explanation is...
Spoiler:
She finally learned to love herself causing her to get sucked into her own fullbring therefore vanishing from the world.....in other words she finds
Spoiler:
The Heart
Old January 21st, 2012 (12:56 PM).
living in the past
Silver Tier

Spoiler:
The Heart? If she goes out like Ulquiorra, do we at least get some Riruka x Orihime scenes first? ;p

Actually, the "sucked into her own fullbring" theory is pretty cool. If it happens, hopefully it acts like a Hyperbolic Time Chamber and allows her to train infinitely until she eventually reemerges as the most powerful character in the show.

Old January 21st, 2012 (1:08 PM).
Banned

Would be an amusing ending. I actually predicted the ending in the Bleach FC the other day...
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpos...postcount=3189

Tbh she might actually be
Spoiler:
training in the lands of infinite white space along with the othera forgottens awaiting her return

This makes sense because Kubo doesn't actually know what he's writing, he gets high and unconsciously draws what will one day, when complete be the greatest story ever.
Old January 21st, 2012 (2:49 PM).
Crystal Tier

I couldn't stand Anne Hathaway and James Franco last year. I love Anne, but jesus, her and James Franco defined cringeworthy with their dressing up in drag segment.
I'm doing science and I'm still alive!
I feel fantastic and I'm still alive!
While you're dying I'll be still alive!
And when you're dead I will be still alive!
Still alive! Still alive.
- GLaDOS (Portal, 2007)
Old January 21st, 2012 (2:50 PM).
Crystal Tier

I'm not surprised that Billy Crystal is hosting.

Here's some music I'm listening to:

On Melancholy Hill - Gorillaz
Old January 21st, 2012 (6:44 PM).
living in the past
Silver Tier

Spoiler:
If she comes back from the land of white space, she had better well bring back Nel and Grimmjow with her. DAMN IT KUBO DAMN IT ALL.

I wonder if Kubo thought up the ending first like Oda. It's probably something hilariously anticlimactic or insane. In fact, for the sake of consistency, I kind of hope that the quality doesn't ramp up at the end, because I definitely don't want to be left wanting more after years of feeling like I could be totally happy if I never watched another second of Bleach again.

Old January 22nd, 2012 (1:58 AM).
Platinum Tier

Just watched the first episode of New Girl. It's awesome! I thoroughly enjoyed it; I'm definitely going to watch the next episode.

Old January 22nd, 2012 (2:03 AM).
Banned

Omg, New Girl!? It's so funny, been watching it yesterday! :D

Glad that you liked it as well!
Old January 22nd, 2012 (2:35 AM). Edited January 22nd, 2012 by Hikamaru.
Crystal Tier

Didn't watch New Girl - I'm not keen on Zooey Deschanel.

I'm listening to this dance tune right now:

Midnight Run - Example
Closed Thread Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links