Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Theatre > Roleplay Stage
Reload this Page RPChallenge: January *NEW*

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Roleplay Stage This is where the In-Character roleplaying happens. Before you create a thread here, recruit some players in Roleplay Casting. Your very own legend is about to unfold! A world of dreams and adventures awaits! Let's go!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old January 7th, 2014 (11:05 PM). Edited January 17th, 2014 by Mana.
Kariyai.
CS

RPChallenge
January Edition

Welcome to our new, monthly RPChallenge! Since it’s been a long time since the RPOs, and many of our current users weren’t around to experience it, I will be starting RPChallenges on a monthly basis. These challenges are short, require only one post and will be voted on by helpful members – the winner will receive a shiny new emblem and a one-time HTML usertitle!

This event will last until 25th January, judging will then take place!

>>> CHALLENGE!

Write a roleplay sample (400-1000 words) using the image below. It is up to you how the woman comes into your post, the relationships that exist in your story or even her personality. The only things that are fixed is her appearance, clothing and name. This sample but also be an original piece, no recycling!

Dr. Amy Simmons

Also known as Medusa of Soul Eater.

>>> JUDGING!

In order to rank the entries, at the end of the period, I need two more volunteer judges. Unfortunately, judges are unable to take part and judge a single event, sorry!

Well that's the judging spaces gone already.

Judge 1: Magic Fox
Judge 2: Skymin
Judge 3: firelordyago
Judge 4: SV

art by Churaka
Old January 7th, 2014 (11:43 PM).
Furude
Crystal Tier

Nature: Mild
This looks like fun, I love the RP events you guys do. Consider this a placeholder! xD

"All right. I'll play a game with this endless June."

Roleplay Theatre | The Underground |
Pairs
Lokiepie, Chalifoux & Crunch Punch
|
Blog
The Pie Bakery

Old January 8th, 2014 (01:47 AM). Edited January 24th, 2014 by Chocolate™.
Awesome Dragon
Silver Tier

Nature: Adamant
Before I say anything about this post I want to ask Swifty a question: My post is 900 words. Is that ok? Because in the Winter Short Story Contest in FF&W, only if we posted like 500 more words then only would the judges start deducting points.

Now a bit about the post. I saw the picture and immediately thought that Dr. Amy Simmons would be a good villain. And since scientists are also referred to as doctors I thought “Why not make her a nuclear scientist?” Now for every good story we need a hero and so I created Inspector Nero, a middle aged inspector who specializes in interviewing criminals. That is all. Hope you enjoy reading the post!

Spoiler:
I walked briskly up the stairs leading up to the Boston police Station. It was a pretty large building, I admit. Not to say I hadn’t seen better buildings. It was well…….. well-built, I guess. The pillars with the bald eagle greeted me as I walked inside. I walked over to the main reception and greeted my friends. They directed me to where I was supposed to receive my mission briefing and there Robinson greeted me. He was a small, stout man of around maybe forty with blonde hair.

“Mission?” I asked.

“Interview Dr. Amy Simmons, sir.” came the reply.

“Details?”

“Dr. Amy Simmons. Age, 27. Position, nuclear scientist. Is notorious for having unleashed a minor nuclear blast in the nearby Lake Town. It wasn’t that small but I don’t know how she managed to sneak out those nuclear weapons past the power plant. Especially how she managed to make those weapons. Interview her and get all the possible details.” He then lowered his voice and came closer to me. “Also confirm if we have to send her to a mental asylum. She’s been acting crazily nowadays.”

“Right,” I saluted him back and walked towards the door which he directed me to. I entered the room and signaled him to close the door. It was a small room with a chair, a sink and door to a room which was probably the toilet. In the center was a table on which lay a sorrowful blonde head. When I pulled the chair and sat down, Dr. Amy Simmons raised her head.

Dr. Amy Simmons looked ugly. Not meaning to insult her or whatever but she didn’t exactly look like a Barbie girl or anything like that. As I mentioned before she had blonde hair but now that she lifted her head, I could make out she had made her hair into some sort of tie? Her eyes were slanting with amber eyes that seemed to look creepily at me. She also wore a black dress over which she wore a white lab coat like some freaky scientist.

With a sad face and bored eyes, she looked at me. Beneath those bored eyes however, were the eyes of a young excited scientist. They also looked like they had a lot of secrets but were being forced to tell the secrets by the brain. I was sure, she would prove to be an interesting character. But that ugly face still put me off from talking to her.

Mustering up a sweet, kindly, fatherly voice as best as I could, I said, “Hey, you fine?”

Her face quickly turned red with rage and she screamed, “Of course I’m not fine you blithering idiot! You capture me and take me to prison just because I settle a dispute! And now you come with a big fatherly voice acting as if you’ve come to comfort me while on the other hand you just want to see whether I should be put in prison for life.” She paused from scolding me for a second then continued, “Am I right?”

I stared dumbstruck at her. I tried to be nice and kind to at least one criminal and then that plan backfires on me. Thank God nobody else was here to see this and the room was soundproof. Dr. Amy Simmons with evident pride mocked me,” What happened kindly gentleman?”

I had had enough. “There it goes. I try to be nice to you and you on the other hand sit and mock me. I am Inspector Nero and I will interrogate you no matter what!” I screamed loudly. Once again, thank God that room was soundproof.

“Geez, lower your voice……Nero.” She burst out laughing at the mention of my name. There was nothing wrong with my name, except that..... it was the name of an extremely evil Roman emperor who killed a lot of people in his days.

‘Oh well two can play at that game.’ I thought. “Listen now, Doctor. I have the full power to interrogate you and send you to a mental asylum. It all depends on my word. So quieten down and tell me why you committed the crime.” I said, enjoying this moment.

“Arghh. Alright. I’ll own up” she said looking at me like I was some madman.

“Do you remember the Albert Simmons case?” she asked me.

“Of course rather brutal murder I believe. Happened last year. The two people responsible demanded a ransom and then killed the hostage. Wait a second, I remember having interviewed someone like you except she didn't have that tie-hair thingy.” came the reply from me.

“That was me genius. Well Alby was my brother. He was only ten.” She said with tears in her eyes. Clenching her fists together she then said, “I tracked down the murderers to Lake Town. I secretly made nuclear weapons in the plant and blasted them in the part of town where they lived. I took my revenge.” The last word she said with evil glee smacking her fists together.

I sat for a while taking this in for a moment. “Don’t you think I’m innocent?” she said.

“Actually, I don’t think so.” I said rising up. “You should have told the police. Sorry kid but this is the law. You’ll be spending a long time in prison, that’s for sure.”

“How could you ruin my life like this?” she said, tears pouring out from her eyes.

“It’s my job kid. As a policeman, to protect the public we need to ruin some lives.” I said walking out of the room which held Dr. Amy Simmons.
Old January 8th, 2014 (05:57 AM).
Kariyai.
CS

Quote originally posted by TD:
Consider this a placeholder, oh great ones. By the way, is her title 'Medusa of Soul Eater' or what is it?
Is Dr Amy Simmons, the name above .

Post here when you've ready. Of course you're free to start and edit as you go up until the 25th!
art by Churaka
Old January 8th, 2014 (03:12 PM).
Cookies are a necessary evil.

Nature: Rash
Send a message via Skype™ to DLMuerte
Think of this as a placeholder, I'm so excited!

This doesn't replace the RPAs, does it?

I might not be dead! I might be. I dunno. Nachos.
Old January 9th, 2014 (03:29 AM).
Hey hoo~

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Rose Quartz
Consider this a placeholder~ I'll see if I can get a post up in my busy shedule c:
Sisters
Theme
Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell
Old January 9th, 2014 (04:26 AM). Edited January 9th, 2014 by 幕之内 一歩.
All Day Baby! All Day!!

Nature: Relaxed
A bit about the piece before you read it.

I wasn't sure how I wanted to do this. When I read the challenge, I knew I wanted to participate, but it was left so wide open as to how to do it. She could be a minor character, she could be a major character. It could be about her but it didn't have to be. So how to go about doing this?

I decided to take a personal approach, giving her life through a personal situation she's going through, the death of her parents. It's not something many think to do when they RP, as they tend to stay on subject, but sometimes a little back story, a little flash back, helps it all piece together what kind of person they are and why they are who they are. Why they act in certain situations or portray certain emtions. I hope you enjoy it.

Spoiler:
“You know,” her mother said, breaking the uncomfortable silence, “your father always believed you’d come back one day. When he was in that hospital room, broken and dying, he knew he wasn’t going to live long enough to see that day, but he knew it would come.”

Amy was standing with her back to her, one hand gripping the mantelpiece hard. She was glad she had come, but at the same time the emotions that were racing through her were ripping her to shreds, and she just wanted them to stop.

“Kennedy helped us out, and your father made a holovid so he could say goodbye properly.”

Amy was surprised. Her family couldn’t afford to make a holovid. Kennedy had helped again. Her eyes fell on a small urn a few inches from where she grasped the mantel, and she felt a fresh wave of pain as she abruptly realized what it contained. Or, more accurately, who.

She had to get this over with, had to get out of here, into the comfortable, familiar world of violence and near escapes and theft, of drinking and forgetting.

“Well,” she said, surprised at how steady her voice was, “that was nice of Kennedy. Can’t say I’m surprised, though. Where is this holovid Dad wanted me to see?”

“Right there, besides his ashes,” her mother said, confirming what she already knew. She looked over and, sure enough, there was a small personal-sized holoprojector and a disk. It was an older model, clunky and unrefined, but it would get the job done.

“I keep it there so I can see him now and then,” her mother said. “The recording was for you, not me, but… well, I’m sure you wouldn’t mind if your old mother got a little comfort from seeing her husband sometimes.”

The lump that suddenly filled Amy’s throat rendered speech impossible. Turning, she gave her mom a faint, strained smile who nodded, reaching for her iced tea.

“Go on, play it, Amy. I’ve wanted to watch this with you for a long time now.”

She turned back, inserted the disk, and pressed the button.

Her father appeared. He was in a hospital bed, and the camera was jumpy: probably the ever-reliable Kennedy had filmed it himself. Amy could barely see her dad through all the things that were hooked up to him. He seemed almost lost in a jungle of tubes and hanging bags. He looked terrible, and his voice was faint.

“Hello, baby,” he said, managing a smile. “I sure wish I could be looking better for my only holovid recording, but these damn doctors say I need all these things. Won’t for too much longer, at any rate. And that’s why I’m making this for you, Amy. Because I know in my heart that, one day, you’re going to come back. I’m just sorry I won’t be around to tell you this in person when you do.

“I love you, Amy. You’re my daughter, and I always will love you. I use to think I could also say, ‘I’ll always be proud of you.’ But I can’t honestly say that anymore.”

Amy looked down, hot shame and grief filling her, but continued to listen.

“You’re walking down a dark path, Amy. A path I never could have foreseen for you, and one I simply cannot respect. We love you, but we can’t take your money. That’s blood money, baby, and that’s not how you were raised.”

There was a rustling. Amy looked up again to see her father struggling to sit up and lean forward, peering earnestly into the recorder.

“Do you remember what I used to tell you? A man is what he chooses to be. It’s not how he’s born, or how he’s raised, that makes the man. It’s his choices. Right now, you’re choosing to walk this dark path I can’t condone. But you can turn your life around with a single thought, a single decision. You can always choose to be something new. Never forget that.”

He eased back down, the effort clearly having exhausted what little strength he had. His face was pale and he was trembling, probably from pain. “I love you, Amy.”

The recording ended.

For a long moment Amy simply stood, breathing hard, trying to process what she had just witnessed. She took a steadying breath and turned to face her mother.

She sat where she had left her. The iced tea had spilled in her lap, the empty glass lying on the upholstery beside her. Her face looked less drawn, and her eyes were closed. There was a slight smile on her lips.

“Mom,” Amy said, tears filling her eyes. She went to her, gathered her in her arms, and sat with her for a long, long time.
Old January 9th, 2014 (03:14 PM).
Que sera sera~

Nature: Naive
Establishing this as a placeholder. I'll begin writing soon.
Old January 10th, 2014 (05:41 AM).

Nature: Lax
Consider this a place holder

Can't wait to get started on this.
Old January 11th, 2014 (07:35 AM).
Kariyai.
CS

Good to have an entry in already! Remember guys, you've got a while until the 25th and don't feel obliged to save a spot either - just post when you're ready.
art by Churaka
Old January 17th, 2014 (08:56 AM).
Kariyai.
CS

TD: The word count has actually been expanded to 1000 words nice round number.

Two entries so far! ;D One week to go!
art by Churaka
Old January 18th, 2014 (01:46 AM).
All Day Baby! All Day!!

A thousand words now?! I might be able to add to my story then.......
Old January 23rd, 2014 (11:03 PM).
Kariyai.
CS

BuhBuhBuhBummmmp.

This event will be closing tomorrow!~
art by Churaka
Old January 25th, 2014 (09:58 AM).
All Day Baby! All Day!!

I am disappoint more people have not entered.
Old January 25th, 2014 (10:14 AM).
Be a role model
Crystal Tier

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to acatfrommars
I'm gonna give this a try today when I get home.

Sisters | Brother | Pairs
Old January 25th, 2014 (10:51 AM). Edited January 26th, 2014 by Mana.
Kariyai.
CS

Bruce, best hurry! I'll leave this open until I wake up tomorrow.

10:30am GMT - Closed for Judging.
art by Churaka
Old January 31st, 2014 (08:08 AM).
Kariyai.
CS

CONGRATULATIONS: 幕之内 一歩
Winner of RPChallenge - January

Prizes: Congratulatory Emblem, one-time HTML usertitle

Please PM me for more details about your usertitle. Both contestants will receive a PM shortly showing them their scores and their feedback from the judges. Thank you for participating! RPChallenge February will commence in a few days.
art by Churaka
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links