The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner

Notices

Roleplay Corner The realm where writers gather to create glorious tales or silly drama together and chronicle their adventures. Start or join roleplays featuring Pokémon, other franchises or something completely original!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread

Old May 10th, 2012, 09:40 PM
SV
It was justified

Nature: Relaxed

Advertise here
Plains of Valkaria

Zane listened as Defender was the first to speak about his bracelet. To Zane, he seemed nervous, and flustered. Apparently, Guardia had touched upon a sensitive subject. At least, that was what it seemed like to him. Before, he was curious. Now, he wondered what really was so special about that bracelet. Lyn cocked an eyebrow as well, not buying his story. However, Hanso spoke, and it seemed the subject of Defender's bracelet was put aside, and Zane was guessing the Golduck would be thankful for that.

"I was born with this eye. I've heard some say that it's what--" TrueStriker began, but never finished as their conversation was interrupted by a blast of fire that filled the air right at them. The attack was sudden, with Zane unable to get a chance to respond. However, Speculum was quick to respond and shielded the others partially from the flames. Even so, the attack was clearly a powerful one. Zane was now prepared to fight the enemy who had appeared. The others also prepared as their eyes darted to see which foe had unleashed the attack. It was a Salamence. However, no second attack came as the Pokemon realized who they were.

".. I can't believe this! The Gold Tribe!" He said to them. Zane didn't lower his guard at first, even after he said this, that is, until he flashed his own emblem to them. He was also of the Gold Tribe.

"You're not the first to think that," He heard TrueStriker say from the side. From the corner of his eye, he could see Hoodhide shifting in place, remembering how he first attacked Zane when they met in the Sovereign Rainforest.

"You dumba**, you almost killed us!" Speculum yelled to Salamence. The Salamence responded quietly with a smile, yet with a hint of sarcasm in his voice. "My humblest apologies, but I had the impression that members of the Gold Tribe do not die with a single flamethrower."

Zane smiled a bit at the Salamence, and lowered his guard. The Salamence appeared to be observing them with his sharp eyes before speaking once more. "I am Ragnaros 'Bloodthirster' Phylax. I did not have any intentions of hurting my allies - only the foolish ones to disrespect my ancestor's statue."

"I understand. It was a misunderstanding, brother. Pay it no mind. Nevertheless, it is pleasure, Bloodthirster. I am Vigil." He said, before turning to the others and pointing at them as he introduced them. "With me is Defender, TrueStriker, Speculum, Sword and Shield, Calamity, Hoodhide, Dryad, Wildfire, and Dark Lightning. There is also Kivir of the Alpha Alliance here, as well as Guardia, daughter of Rey. We are on an important task for the Alpha Alliance."

Hoodhide waved a hello at Bloodthirster at the call of his name. Dark Lightning bowed in respect, while Calamity gave a nod of the head. As Zane concluded speaking, Guardia stepped forward and approached Bloodthirster, her arms crossed as she observed the Salamence. She didn't speak for a moment as she seemed to just be observing him. "You ought to be more careful next time, brother. Had you not realized we were with the Gold Tribe, I might have killed you." She said, with a smile appearing on her face, saying so in almost a joking matter. "What brings you here anyways?" she added with a look of curiosity.

Paired with the Epic Raikiri
Old May 11th, 2012, 03:59 AM
The Prince of Sweet Sorrow
★Folk Man♫ lml
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to The Prince of Sweet Sorrow
Ragnaros 'Bloodthirster' Phylax
Ragnaros listened carefully to the golden Bisharp claiming to be named Vigil; he gave him slight nods after every Pokemon he introduced. In his mind, he was trying to memorize all of them, but he was never good at that - instead, he was observing every Pokemon on the group trying to determine which ones they would make good allies in battle. He sharpened his eyes as they did a circle all around and fell again on Vigil, who seemed like a fierce warrior.
I can sense righteous fury in this guy, Ragnaros thought.

"... there is also Kivir of the Alpha Alliance here, as well as Guardia, daughter of Rey. We are on an important task for the Alpha Alliance."

The Salamence slammed his tail on the ground and tapped his feet as Guardia, the daughter of Rey, approached him with her arms crossed.

"You ought to be more careful next time, brother. Had you not realized we were with the Gold Tribe, I might have killed you."

The Bloodthirster frowned upon her smile, deciding to keep his thoughts about who would kill the other to himself. He was never fond of foolishly cocky people.

"What brings you here anyways?"

"What brings me here is little of importance. We're on the same side, so I'll help you. That's just it."

His loud voice sounded serious, implying he didn't like talking about his past deeds to the Gold Tribe. All in good time, he thought as he approached Guardia and the others with heavy steps. When he reached very close to her, he spoke again, this time towards Vigil; he couldn't help himself from admiring his gold body reflecting the light the fire nearby was giving off.

"So"

He paused, frowning, thinking for a bit.

"Vigil, right? You spoke of an important task for the Alpha Alliance... you have my full support, brother."

Old May 14th, 2012, 04:26 PM
SV
It was justified

Plains of Valkaria

Bloodthirster stayed quiet as Lyn seemed to tease him. Whether his patience over the years as a Gold Tribe member took over, or whether this was his natural personality, Zane was still unsure. However, he was sure he'd find out the long he spent with the Salamence. The Salamence's answer on the reasoning of his whereabouts was even more ominous to his personality. He seemed to Zane like a no-nonsense member, but perhaps that was someone they needed right now. Either way, he was welcome help to the cause.

"It is great to have you with us, brother. You are most welcome among us." Zane told him. "I might as well fill you in on what has been going on on our end. No doubt you've heard about the events of Eternity City from somewhere..." Zane began relaying the tale of the battle that happened there, and the aftermath decision of the Gold Tribe's assignment to go through the Thieves Forest to take out the Albian watchtowers. Zane wondered his reactions particularly to the Thieves Forest part of the plan. It wasn't like anyone of them here actually wanted to go there in the first place (well, maybe besides Guardia), but they had no better alternative. When Zane was finished explaining to Bloodthirster, he looked up to see the sky grow pitch black. Zane spoke.

"Well, it's pretty late. We should get some rest. We'll have to start early tomorrow if we want to reach the Thieves Forest before dark." Zane got into a comfy spot on the soft grass next to the statue. The others went about preparing for bed as well. Dark Lightning stomped out the fire that was made. Before Zane went to sleep, he turned to the statue of Dragonheart once more, and spoke softly to it. "Watch the skies for us, brother." He said, before laying down, and slowly, falling to sleep.

Are you afraid? A voice said spoke to Zane in his mind. Zane opened his eyes. He found himself in a familiar white space that seemed to extend forever. He sat up, and looked around. The source of the voice was right in front of him. It was a Roserade, but it wasn't one he recognized. He saw the he wore a Gold Tribe emblem, but Zane was sure he never met him.

'What?' Zane asked the Pokemon, staring at it, wondering what it meant. The Pokemon spoke again.

'Are you afraid, Vigil?' The Roserade said again, his eyes looking straight into Zane’s. Zane felt as if with his stare, he was reaching into his mind and plucking out information from his brain.

‘A Gold Tribe member is fearless, no matter the obstacle.’ Zane replied to the Roserade.

‘That was not the question I asked you. I asked if you were afraid.’

Zane paused for a moment. ‘…Yes.’ He finally said as his voice echoed through the room.

‘What is it you fear?’ The Roserade asked. Zane answered in a reluctant voice, as if he had no choice. It felt as if he had to answer, even if he didn’t want to.

‘I…fear we might not succeed. I fear that what we do won’t be enough in the end. I fear my direction will lead to the death of my brothers and sisters. The death of the Gold Tribe.’

Both of them stared at each other, the Roserade seeming to analyze Zane while Zane stared simply to get some sort of answer in return. The Gold Tribe Roserade spoke once more.

‘Do you know why the Gold Tribe has titles?’ The voice asked Zane.

‘…The old ones gave themselves the titles as a sign of respect amongst each other, and recognition, right?’ Zane replied in a questioning manner. The Roserade gave him a shake of the head, and spoke back, his speech sending a slight shiver down his spine.

‘The original Gold Tribe members gave themselves titles because they sought to rid themselves of all attachments as beings. You are given and referred to by your titles because you HAVE no names now. You are not Pokemon. You are not beings, or citizens of the Alpha Alliance. You are tools. Tools that are used to defend Valkaria from anything and everything. And tools such as you are expendable. If necessary, you will be tossed aside. If necessary, you will be damaged. If necessary you will broken. If necessary, you will be destroyed. You will fulfill you function as is necessary at whatever cost, even your ‘life’. Because that, is what the Gold Tribe is.

Zane opened his eyes, startled. The sight of the morning sun filled his eyes as he tried to figure out where he was. The memories of last night filled his mind, and he looked around to see the familiar statue of Dragonheart right by them, and the others close by. Some had begun to stir from their sleep while others were already awake when he had awoken. He sat there for a moment, contemplating his latest dream as vividly as he could remember it at the same time chewing on some food he had packed in his bag. After a few more moments of thinking about the dream, he decided to put it aside for now and wake the others.

“Brothers, sisters, come on. We’ve got to get moving soon again, he said. The others quickly began moving and gathering everything they needed to. After packing up everything Zane had brought, he was reading to move again, and continue on to the next leg of their journey to the Thieves Forest.

Old May 14th, 2012, 08:32 PM
Kikpanther
Not a beginner that's for sure
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kikpanther
Augh! Finally! We have arrived...

Rosalee smiled to herself, but not a whole lot. She was happy, but not that happy. She had been traveling for some time (by herself, of course) and part of her was getting used to the silence (though it did make her mind wonder and when it got that way she got wondrously creative), well... Near silence. She didn't mind the noises of nature too much. As long as it didn't get overly repetitive. She played with one of her ear tips absentmindedly, thoughts silent, yet active and walk more of a stroll. She was enjoying something that only she saw. A little fun projected by her own mind. That thought made it all the more entertaining, that she was the only one that could have this.

Her steps were even and unrushed and her eyes unconcerned. A breeze brushed passed her, warm in the night. For her, it gave the moment the affect of a dream. She loved it. Active, yet cozy.

Rosalee's destination was just ahead. Now in Albia, she just needed to regroup with the rest of the sentinels and who and whatnot. She entered in due time and in a period she thought was too fast, she was in the room with Frost and her other loyals. She said nothing, feeling too relaxed to say anything. She did not feel obligated to make a noise. If she were needed to speak, someone would call upon her.

(horribleterrible :X I apologize)
Old May 15th, 2012, 06:45 AM
Greiger
A mad mind... hehe

Nature: Serious
Penance Malum

Penance was more than glad when TrueStriker the heat off of him. He had seen the shifty eyes the others had made and he knew that he had just botched his chance at a cover story. What was even better was that his wish had come true! And in a good way! A Salamence had just come down from the sky and after a little misunderstanding it was revealed that they had found another Gold Tribe member. Penance couldn't be happier! He would have kissed his bracelet... but that would have only drawn everyone's attention back to it, and that was the last thing he needed. After everyone calmed down it was already late enough and Vigil ordered everyone to go to sleep and Penance found a spot and did so gladly.

Penance's dreams weren't so great this night. Usually he had great dreams, but tonight was different. He could hear voices whispering around him, they sounded really angry. They were all talking about one thing... how he was lying to everyone. Penance twisted and turned in his sleep and more than once woke up. Every time he tried to go back to sleep the voices would just taunt him some more and would force him to wake up once more. His body was beginning to shake and he was starting to break out in a cold sweat. Everyone else seemed to be in a deep sleep so Penance just continued to try and get some sleep. When he woke up for the fifth time he just gave up and stayed awake. He looked up at the statue of the Salamence and moved around the sleeping bodies and finally approached the stature. Dragonheart seemed to be looking down at him as Penance gulped and placed a hand on the statue. He closed his eyes tight. Dragonheart... please give me the courage to tell. He thought desperately in his mind. Please, let them understand! He looked back up and could have sworn he saw a bit of smile on the Salamence's face.

Penance went back over to his sleeping spot and found that it was now much easier to fall asleep. Finally morning broke and Penance rose up and stretched as Vigil roused them. Penance grabbed his pack and once everyone was set they followed after the Bisharp. For a while Penance was content with following the others but then he began to feel anxious. He had just asked Dragonheart for help last night and had pretty much promised the ancient Gold Tribe member that he would tell. Penance cast a glance toward Vigil and rubbed his bracelet. Please let him understand. Penance prayed. He sped up until he was next to Vigil. "Uh... Vigil. Can we talk? Privately?" He asked nervously as he subconsciously rubbed his bracelet once more.
Old May 15th, 2012, 09:06 AM
★Folk Man♫ lml
Community Supporter

Ragnaros "Bloodthirster" Phylax

Ragnaros listened carefully to Vigil who explained their objectives, he simply nodded in response - an idea of a strategic approach on Albia's watchtowers started taking shape in his mind. While he was feeling excited he would fight besides his allies once more, he didn't show any signs of it; his thoughts were hidden behind the solid, serious expression he always had when the Gold Tribe needed him.
The golden Bisharp suggested they slept so they would be ready for their march on Eden Forest tomorrow. The Salamence walked away from the group, smirking and staring at the vast night sky above the plains.

Sleep? I'd rather stay awake and alert.

Time passed, the Salamence had settled down on a grass patch, sometimes staring at the stars, sometimes at the hills. Meanwhile, he was recalling Albia and its watchtowers - pictures from above, as he stalked the city from the clouds.
He scratched the ground with his chubby foot, throwing away pieces of the destroyed grass to make way for one of his usual drawings.

Let's see, about those towers... we are definitely going to have casualties if we don't approach carefully.

Ragnaros drew a circle on the ground, indicating the watchtower, and a thick line in front of the circle that was supposed to be the Gold Tribe, or what was left of it.

.. conclusion is, if we attacked only from the ground, they would tear us apart one by one! How about...

Bloodthirster turned his head and stared at his new found allies for somebody with strong ranged attacks - then his eyes fell on the sleeping Vigil. The moon was reflecting on the steel Pokemon and on his own eyes as well... He suddenly caught movement between the sleeping bodies; the Golduck was apparently awake and headed towards the statue of Dragonheart.
After staring without much interest in him, he turned his attention back to his sketch on the ground.

I need Vigil to plan this; as much as I'd like to blow some Albians in the air all by myself... teamwork is necessary here.

Ragnaros let out an intentional sneeze, blowing out hot steam out of his nostrils onto the sketch, erasing it forever.
After a while awake, he considered sleeping for the following day's mission.

The morning sun of the dawn woke him up softly in the grass patch. He opened his eyes, feeling refreshed even though he had not slept much. The dragon spread his wings wide and launched himself from the ground with a slight grunt - he circled around the sky for a bit, enjoying the rays of the sun appearing above the forest.
After stretching out his body and taking the cold aura of the morning sky into him, Bloodthirster dove towards the ground.
He blew some steam as he landed on the ground far from the rest of the Gold Tribe, and then begun walking towards the group with a determined expression on his draconic face.

Last edited by The Prince of Sweet Sorrow; May 15th, 2012 at 12:59 PM.
Old May 18th, 2012, 03:09 PM
SV
It was justified

Plains of Valkaria

The group had begun to move once more to their destination. However, it was not long before Defender had come up to Zane. Zane noticed that he looked a bit nervous, as if something was bothering him.

"Uh... Vigil. Can we talk? Privately?" He asked Zane. Zane looked at him curiously, then nodded. He called out to the others. "You guys go on ahead. We'll catch up." They proceeded onwards while Zane waited for them to get a measurable distance away, before looking back over to Defender.

"All right." He began. "What's on your mind, brother?" Zane asked him, wondering what this was all about.

Albia

Frost sat on the throne for a while, contemplating the the last few days' events, from the defeat at Eternity City to the current situation she found herself in at Albia. Herself, along with Deluge and Ignitus now occupied the silent, dark Hall of Albia with no others, until another entered silently. Frost recognized her immediately as the Sentinel known as "The Widow". She hadn't had much contact with her, but her reputation preceded her.

"Well, well, what do we have here?" Frost exclaimed, looking at the new arrival as she entered the hall. "What are you doing here, Widow?" Frost asked, leaning back in the throne she occupied, looking down at her as she did almost anyone else, as if they were below her standing, even though all Sentinels were technically equals.

"Lord Auron probably sent her." Deluge added grimly. "It certainly says a lot if he has the four of us guarding a single city. Losing Eternity was big. Perhaps even bigger than I first assumed..."

As Deluge's voice trailed off, an Ancient soldier entered the room behind the Widow. A Kabutops. He looked out of breath.

"Lord Sentinels..." He began, panting quite heavily. Frost eyed the Ancient. She was obviously displeased with his presence here.

"What reason do you have for interrupting us here?" Frost said, getting quite angry now. The Ancient gulped and tried to catch his breath.

"Riots in the city streets. Rebellions are starting in Albia."

Old May 18th, 2012, 05:48 PM
Greiger
A mad mind... hehe

Penance Malum

Penance gulped as Vigil walked away with him. "What's on your mind, brother?"

Penance sighed as he looked down. He was silent for a little as he wondered what the best way was to phase his his confession. Should he go for a blunt approach, or would he phrase it in a sympathetic way. Argh! This was too hard! Dive head first it was going to be!

"Vigil... I've been cheating!" He blurted out. He squeezed his eyes tight. "My bracelet. It's... infused with luck. Nothing I've been doing has been because of my abilities or because of my training. It's all been due to my luck. It was luck that I wasn't killed when the Silver Tribe attacked, it was luck that I found you, and it was luck that I didn't die in the city. It was all luck." His face was crestfallen. "When my mom gave me my bracelet, she died. Her spirit resides in this bracelet, watching over me. She's the reason I haven't died yet. It's not me, it's all luck. Even finding my dad was luck." His voice was starting to crack at this point, but he had to continue.

"It was all because of this. Not me. I didn't do any of that stuff and the moment you take the bracelet away I'm nothing. I've been cheating this entire time!" Aquilus hung his head, "I'm not Gold Tribe material. I never had been. I'm just a phony. Nothing else. I'm sorry for lying Vigil. ...I can find my way back to the city or maybe to some other place."

Penance knew exactly what Vigil would do. He would be banished from the Gold Tribe, plain and simple. He would disgrace his entire family and have to live out his life in isolation. Penance could deal with that. It would be just what he deserved.
Old May 18th, 2012, 07:15 PM
SV
It was justified

Plains of Valkaria

Zane looked at Defender as he attempted to compose himself. Zane politely let the Golduck take his time in deciding when and how to speak. Judging by the way he was going about speaking, it must have been a difficult subject to bring up.

Zane said nothing as he let Defender speak his mind. When he first mentioned he was cheating, at first, Zane did not fully understand. He almost gave him a chuckle, but held it back as he assumed this was serious. But, as Defender continued to explain the purpose of the necklace, Zane's smiled dropped, and instead was replaced with a look of seriousness. He finished speaking as he hung his head.

"I'm not Gold Tribe material. I never had been. I'm just a phony. Nothing else. I'm sorry for lying Vigil. ...I can find my way back to the city or maybe to some other place."

Zane looked up into the bright morning sky. He reminisced on an event that led himself to becoming a Gold Tribe member. He thought it would be an appropriate tale to tell right now.

"You know, my grandfather was in the Gold Tribe. He was probably the inspiration that made me want to join myself. Back then, I wanted to join the Gold Tribe to become a strong warrior, the strongest, and also to embark on grand adventures like he had as a member. I was convinced this was the life of the Gold Tribe. Be the strongest warrior you can be, and see the world. That kind of thing." A smile appeared on Zane's face as he looked down to Defender. "Obviously, my grandfather gave me a pretty harsh lecture on what it truly meant to be in the Gold Tribe. I didn't understand at first, but I think as time passed, I slowly began to realize the concept....It's not about how hard you hit, or how much power you possess. There were warriors in past histories that far surpassed the powers of many of us, but that didn't mean they were meant to be in the Tribe."

For a moment, Zane remember the dream he had last night, about the Roserade telling him about what the Gold Tribe's purpose really was. His words filled his head for a moment. You are tools, He heard in his head. He pushed the voice out of his head and returned his attention back to Defender.

"A Gold Tribe member is selfless, putting the Alpha Alliance and it’s citizens above anything else, even their own safety. We are watchful protectors, the first and last line of defense, the core and hope of the Alpha Alliance. But most importantly, we are Pokemon of respect and dignity. We have such few numbers because many do not wish to, as they would say waste their lives on such things. But those of us who do this understand that there is something more than just the individual. And in that category, I don't think there's many who can top you in that category."

Zane gave the Golduck a smile. "So maybe the bracelet does make you lucky. If that's the case, use it. Such a power is not something one should waste. But don't rely upon it. Rely upon yourself. If you take yourself away from the bracelet, it is just a bracelet. If you take the bracelet away from yourself, you are still the same brother of mine that I fight alongside every day. You say you don't have what it takes to be in the Gold Tribe. I say you have more than so many others, and you have yet to realize it. Trust in yourself, Defender."

Zane looked over to the side and saw the others were quite a while ahead of them already. Looking back at Defender, he patted him on the shoulder as he motioned him to follow.

"Come on, brother. We've got a mission to do, and you're not getting out of it that easily." He said in a joking manner.

Old May 19th, 2012, 06:21 AM
Greiger
A mad mind... hehe

Penance Malum

Penance was tense throughout the speech. Maybe Vigil wouldn't say it at the beginning and he was waiting for him to relax before he would shout out his verdict and just leave him out here all alone. Penance could feel anxiety flow through his body as Vigil began to tell him about a story of his life. Penance just knew this would be when Vigil would lay his judgement. As the story dragged on Penance just become more and more tense, no doubt the reaction Vigil was looking for.

"But most importantly, we are Pokemon of respect and dignity. We have such few numbers because many do not wish to, as they would say waste their lives on such things. But those of us who do this understand that there is something more than just the individual. And in that category, I don't think there's many who can top you in that category." Penance looked up in confusion. Vigil... was giving him praise... after what he had done!?

"I say you have more than so many others, and you have yet to realize it. Trust in yourself, Defender." Penance blinked in surprise and looked down at his bracelet. Would the others not be mad that he had something they didn't? More importantly, did he really have this power within himself? It was a hard concept to grasp onto and more so in Penance's confused mind. He had just been ready to be tossed away and yet Vigil reassured him and even gave him praise.

"Come on, brother. We've got a mission to do, and you're not getting out of it that easily." Penance looked up. "Right." He said as he followed after Vigil. Penance looked at Vigil and if the Bisharp payed attention to the Golduck's gaze he would have noticed a small bit of respect shining right at him from those eyes.
Old May 19th, 2012, 10:52 PM
Garet
GhostFire

After his comment, Hanso had remained silent as the conversation progressed. For him, the only highlights were that: this Ragnaros "Bloodthirster" Phylax was a descendant of the Dragonheart, and their group now had a Pokemon who could fly. As the conversation closed, Vigil announced that it was time for sleep. Which meant that Guardia's questions would remain largely unanswered for a time.
Oh, well. It will get her in trouble if she's not careful.

~~~~~

That was a weird dream.

Hanso was one of the early risers; he was eating some of the food he'd brought when Vigil woke up. Hanso had already done everything he'd needed to except pack up his things again, and he did that when it was time to move on.
As for the dream, Hanso was fairly certain he'd never had one like it after childhood. He didn't even remember much of it now, beyond the fact that all his unanswered questions were jumbled around in it. There was the medallion that Vigil still carried, to his knowledge; the unknown story behind Defender's bracelet; a bit of mystery around Kivir, since he seemed to not be of the Gold Tribe; the other questions Guardia had asked yesterday; and the simple questions of where everyone had come from.

"You guys go on ahead. We'll catch up."

Hanso watched as Vigil and Defender dropped behind the group. If walking backwards to watch the two of them wouldn't have been so obvious, he would have done it. The Gallade shook his head to himself, dismissing the idea. The leader would have a good reason for staying behind. His gaze swung around to Speculum. He wasn't too interested in the Ditto's monocle that Guardia had asked about, so Hanso looked among the others, stopping with Wildfire. She had been the subject of Guardia's last question, and it really wasn't often that Hanso saw a fire Pokemon with black-and-blue flames.

After a few more moments, Hanso sighed and looked up into the sky. Guardia was right about them not being talkative. It looked like he would have to start the talking this time. "If no one minds," Hanso started, addressing the whole group as they walked along, "then I think it would help if we all knew what hole each of us popped out of recently. We could start with you, Wildfire." I just hope this conversation doesn't merit any more attackers.
Old May 20th, 2012, 02:43 PM
Kikpanther
Not a beginner that's for sure
Community Supporter

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kikpanther
To her expectations, the hall of the building was marvelous. She always admired the craftsmanship of architects. Rosalee's attention to the rug and curtains was taken away by Frost who asked her a question as if she didn't belong here.

"Enjoying myself," Rosalee answered, her tone impersonal and almost dreamy. Quickly after a more logical and likely answer was given. Yes, she was sent, of course. She had very little reason to be here otherwise. She was glad someone else wasted the words for her, she really didn't enjoy going on that long an explanation. It wasn't fun when she was talking to her peers. After Deluge, the answerer, finished speaking one of the Ancients, a Kabutops, arrived. It (as she referred to all of them) was out of breath and tired. Probably from running. She watched it, half amused as Frost addressed it, obviously unhappy.

"Riots in the city streets. Rebellions in Albia." The Ancient answered, breathless. A smile came across Rosalee's face. Rebellion, eh? It seemed as if the entertainment started just as she got here. As if it was waiting for her.

"Oo," she started, pleased. "A rebellion? I can't wait." The Chansey looked towards the door which she'd just entered, now eager to leave. "We'll be going now, yes?" Or did she have to wait for some... Plan. She really despised waiting.
Old May 22nd, 2012, 06:46 AM
miltankRancher
Mega Ampharos is the one.

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Yahoo to miltankRancher
Gladius Clipeum

Gladius had been silent for most part of the meeting and the travel. Korhal Mountains or Eden Forest, either choice they make, they would be facing equal dangers, one of natural descent, the other of civilization's effect. Gladius was half-glad that they chose to go through Eden Forest. Yes, he knew of its story and its inhabitants. He perfectly know of the danger that going through the Eden Forest pose, but he prefers death by action instead of choosing to die cold in the Korhal Mountains.

When the group started to move, Gladius was also silent. Yes, he's not much of a talker, but he was being abnormally silent, for reason only Arceus knows.

He felt something inside him stir up. Something he needs clarification.

He had seen death a thousand times, and ever more recently. But in their siege of Eternity City, he'd seen the worst? Why do civilians need to die? What does the Silver Tribe really want? Gladius is thinking a lot of things, and he needs to clear his mind.

(OOC: Sorry for the sucking returning post! I will be back to full power soon!!)

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Lanistae Jacet [Lies of a Trainer]
Old May 23rd, 2012, 11:15 AM
SV
It was justified

Plains of Valkaria

Zane made a short jog, and eventually he had returned to the place the group was at, just as TrueStriker was asking a question of Wildfire related to her flames. Wildfire replied in a somewhat cold manner that seemed to be her norm.

"...It is apart of my Blaze ability. I'll be able to increase my speed as the black flames erupt, so that when I moves I appear to be nothing but dark flames, thereby earning my title: "Wildfire", for my fires spread as quickly as a wildfire and are near as deadly."

"Heh..." Lyn began to say as a reply. "Quite an ability you have there. Remind me not to piss you off in the future."

Zane could help but chuckle a bit to this as a reply. He heard Hoodhide speak to her now.

"Kinda-a darkpersona you gotthere, huh?" Hoodhide chirped, a smirk on his face. Wildfire gave him a cold look, before speaking. "...Perhaps. Before I was a Gold Tribe member, I lived on the streets. Perhaps it had made me like this."

Hoodhide's smiled dropped, quickly trying to apologize. "Errr, yea sorry I-didn't-know..." Wildfire just shrugged it off as she continued to walk. Zane didn't know as well. It was quite interesting the things one could find out about the brothers and sisters they walked with. Zane wondered what other secret lives these Pokemon had...

The rest of the day was spent walking the remainder of the way to Eden Forest. The plains were a nice, pleasant path to walk across. If Zane would have said anything were to be wrong with it, it would be that it was a bit too peaceful. Although he wouldn't be able to see it, if he looked to his left, he knew that Albia was there, under the iron first of the Silver Tribe. If he looked right, he knew General Belas and Hazone were marching now to Gravel City to secure it. But here on the plains? You couldn't tell any of that was happening.

It wasn't before long that Zane saw their destination in front of them. He saw Guardia smile as they approached the edge of the forest, Thieves Forest. "There it is..." She said under her breath. The group stopped right in the front of the trees. They looked around, it seems waiting for someone to do something. Calamity eventually spoke up.

"...What do we do now?" He asked. Guardia looked left and right, before turning to them.

"Well, first off, put away your Gold Tribe emblems. We don't want them trying to kill us on sight." Zane did as she asked. The others followed soon after. Guardia soon continued to speak. "No one is here. I'll go around the sides and look for someone to guide us in. There's usually one or two guys hanging somewhere around..."

Zane began to protest. "Guardia wai-" He stopped as she ran off already, leaving them standing there. Zane crossed his arms as he looked over the trees in front of him. They looked just like normal trees, and this looked like a normal forest. How could it possibly be so dangerous on the inside, he wondered? Perhaps like the plains of Valkaria itself, looks could be deceiving. After waiting for a good five minutes, a rustling sound was heard coming from behind them. Zane turned to see who it was, to see a Lucario standing there, looking at them with a strange look. The Lucario had a small bag he carried over his shoulder, and a noticeable scar going over his left eye. None seemed to speak as they simply stared at each other, before the Lucario finally opened his mouth.

"...Going in?" He asked, walking past them so that he stood between them and the trees. Zane replied.

"Err, yes. We seek guidance and refuge inside Eden Forest." He said.

"'We seek guidance and refuge inside Eden Forest.'" The Lucario repeated, chuckling. "What are you, some sorta nobility or something?" Zane stiffened up a bit, hoping he didn't just give them away.

"We are friends of Gua-, of Lyn. She said we would be welcome here."

The Lucario's eyes seemed to brighten at the name. Lyn, eh? Haven't seen the dove in a while." He looked among the others, probably to see if Lyn was among them. "And where exactly is Lyn, then?"

Zane looked to the left where Guardia had left to. "Uh...she was with us brief moments ago before departing to search for a guide."

The Lucario chuckled again. "Riiiight." He said, somewhat sarcastically. "Well, come on. I guess I can take you in."

Zane looked at him, slightly confused that he would guide them with such little information about them and little proof of actual ties to Lyn. But he didn't complain. Zane picked up his bag and followed the Lucario in.

"So...what do I call all you guys?" He asked all of them.

"My name is V-...is Zane." He said, almost catching himself giving his title instead of his name.

"Sainan." Calamity said.

"I am Layton." Dark Lightning replied.

"...Daricka." Wildfire added.

Politely, Zane then asked the Lucario. "What about you? What are you called?"

The Lucario took a look at the others, and then Zane, before saying. "You can call me Roswell." Zane nodded, and continued to followed him in. Hoodhide looked eagerly among the trees, half expecting to get ambushed by thieves. He made periodic glances left and right in swift motions, to make sure nobody would jump out. Just then, Zane saw a sign posted on one of the trees. He had seen signs like it before on the outskirts of other parts of the forest, as there are many. The Pokemon of the outside call it the 'last warning', the points of no return. The Pokemon of the Thieves Forest call it their hymn:

Watch your step! Look up! Look down!
No time to rest, you fool! You clown!
You're in our territory now, Our town!
You're entering the Thieves Forest!

To those who oppose the will of the free,
We give this warning so you will flee,
You are not welcome among our trees!
Beware of the Thieves Forest!

To bandits and pirates, refuges and outlaws,
We will protect you, with teeth and claws,
Inside these trees, we make our own laws,
Welcome to the Thieves Forest!

Old May 23rd, 2012, 01:50 PM
★Folk Man♫ lml
Community Supporter

Ragnaros felt the wind racing under his wings, he flapped them eagerly, careful not to hit anybody as he walked silently next to his allies. He felt the need to fly, but he just couldn't leave them behind like that - instead, he was staring at the clouds with a strange expression painted on his face. He ignored the small talk the Pokemon next to him were making, considering focusing on the task more important. He glanced at his bloodied claws hitting the ground as he walked, thinking about the thieves in the forest; he would tear them apart if they tried anything funny.
The Eden Forest was now in their range of sight - it looked like a normal forest with an eerie feeling. Ragnaros reckoned its taboo, the thieves, were responsible; but fear was out of the question for Bloodthirster. He would walk towards their destination without noticing the beauty of the plains they were travelling through all this time. Now it was time for war.

"There it is..."

Guardia said as she holded her breath. The group approached the edge of the thieves forest, Bloodthirster smirking in the shadow of the trees; he perked up the pointy scales of his ears, staring into the darkness. Although they were told the thieves would supposedly help them, he did not trust anyone who did not wear the Gold Tribe's emblem.

"...What do we do now?" asked Calamity, Guardia looking around.

"Well, first off, put away your Gold Tribe emblems. We don't want them trying to kill us on sight."

The Salamence curled his long tail around his body, bringing its tip close to his front legs. He removed the emblem with his claws, thinking he would rather wear it proudly among the thieves. But survival was their first priority.

"No one is here. I'll go around the sides and look for someone to guide us in. There's usually one or two guys hanging somewhere around..."

Guardia spoke, the Salamence patted the ground with his front feet, still staring at the forest as Vigil tried to stop her. "Guardia wai-" Bloodthirster paced in front of the trees, still staring into the darkness.
A sound from behind disturbed his perked up ears, the Salamence turning his draconic head immediately with his senses outstretched, ready to fight - but it was only a Lucario standing alone. He had a scar on his left eye, probably from a battle, however he did not catch Bloodthirster's attention as a threat.

"...Going in?" The Lucario asked as he rudely bypassed the group to stand between them and the forest - Bloodthirster deemed that as disrespect, scratching the ground angrily as he stared at the outsider.

"Err, yes. We seek guidance and refuge inside Eden Forest." Vigil said, Bloodthirster admiring him ignoring the Lucario ignoring their power - but then it occured to him that Vigil's reaction was purely his personality.

"'We seek guidance and refuge inside Eden Forest.'" The Lucario repeated, chuckling. "What are you, some sorta nobility or something?" Zane stiffened up a bit, hoping he didn't just give them away.

"Lyn, eh? Haven't seen the dove in a while." The Lucario chuckled and looked inside the group for that Lyn, with no hope. "And where exactly is Lyn, then?"

Vigil looked at the direction Guardia had ran off to. "Uh...she was with us brief moments ago before departing to search for a guide."

The Lucario chuckled again, Bloodthirster now standing behind Vigil, trying to keep a straight face. "Riiiight." He said, somewhat sarcastically. "Well, come on. I guess I can take you in." The Salamence was about to warn Vigil about not trusting the outsider, but then he regretted it; his brother's honour as a veteran was far greater than his, running away from everything to save himself. But he wasn't feeling regret or shame - only anger. Anger that wasn't directed at the thieves they were about to confront in that forest, or a random outsider with a scratch on his left eye.

"So...what do I call all you guys?" He asked all of them.

As everyone spoke of their names, Bloodthirster remained silent behind Vigil, smirking as he made up the worst possible scenarios in his mind.
If thieves ambush us... I'll make sure to squash as many as possible. Thieves may be many, but we are powerful.

"What about you? What are you called?" Vigil asked the Lucario with respect he wasn't worth.

"You can call me Roswell."

The group followed the Lucario in, who seemed to know where exactly he was going. Bloodthirster followed, keeping his distance from others and the trees while sprawling his massive wings onto his body; he was glancing around with a tightened face, ready to fry anything that moved. He didn't like this story at all, until he saw one of the warnings the thieves usually carved on trees - and that made it much worse.

Watch your step! Look up! Look down!
No time to rest, you fool! You clown!
You're in our territory now, Our town!
You're entering the Thieves Forest!

To those who oppose the will of the free,
We give this warning so you will flee,
You are not welcome among our trees!
Beware of the Thieves Forest!

To bandits and pirates, refuges and outlaws,
We will protect you, with teeth and claws,
Inside these trees, we make our own laws,
Welcome to the Thieves Forest!

The group was now moving deeper into the forest, the gentle path was slowly beginning to be unstable, with roots and tree branches blocking Ragnaros' way. The sunlight was blocked by most of the leaves, making it dark - he reckoned anything could be hiding in the shadows between the dense trees that surrounded the Gold Tribe.
Ragnaros approached Vigil carefully, leaning his long neck and head forward next to his, infusing his whisper with seriousness and honesty as he stared at Roswell's back.

"Vigil, do you really think we can trust this guy? Who guarantees us he won't betray us?"

Old May 23rd, 2012, 10:19 PM
Danger Zone
All Men Must Die.

Replicus "Speculum" Decendas
Gold Tribe

So, the Salamence was also a part of the Gold Tribe. Funny how the world works, Replicus thought. That Scraggy Hoodhide, now this Salamence. They were slowly growing in numbers, and becoming stronger.

The group decided to rest for the day and then start traveling next day once again. Replicus dreaded the thought of another boring trip, but slept like a log for the night. The next day, they departed for the Thieves Forest. And just as Replicus suspected, another boring trip. He could see his fellow brothers and sisters engage in conversation, but nothing worthy enough for Replicus to give his opinion. He sighed and trudged on towards their goal - Thieves Forest.

Soon, they were there. The group tried to figure out a way to get inside, and Guardia clearly had a 'plan'.

"Well, first off, put away your Gold Tribe emblems. We don't want them trying to kill us on sight." She said. Everybody proceeded to take off their emblems. Replicus removed it from his armor and placed it deep inside his bag. There would be some complications in case they decided to check his bag, but he could manage to get his way out of a situation like that.

When Replicus was sure his emblem was safely hidden away, he looked up to see Guardia was gone. He looked around for a moment, then asked the others, "Hey, where's Guardia?" Nobody answered, probably frustrated at her having left so abruptly. They all stood there for a few minutes, waiting for something that Replicus had probably missed.

"Um, guys? What are we going to..." He was mid sentence when he heard a rustling sound behind him. His body tensed, ready for combat, as he turned around to see the new arrival. A Lucario. Everybody looked at him, especially Replicus, who absorbed every detail of his face, even the scar. The Lucario moved between the trees and the Tribe, with Replicus noting every movement the Pokemon was making.

"...Going in?" The Lucario said. What followed was a brief conversation between Vigil and the Lucario, who by now, everyone was sure was a part of the thieves. The Lucario pretty easily agreed to guide them inside the forest. Replicus felt pretty happy that they didn't have to fight him or convince him, but then it struck him. Wasn't the Pokemon a thief? Why would he agree so easily to guide them inside the forest, which was basically their stronghold?

"So...what do I call all you guys?" The Lucario asked. The Tribe proceeded to tell the Lucario their names, except for the Salamence at the back, who remained silent, probably thinking of something. Replicus didn't feel comfortable telling the thief his name, so he just told him a fake one.

"You can call me Dennis." Replicus said. The Lucario then told them his own name, Roswell. Replicus waited for Roswell to increase the gap between him and Vigil, then approached him, but before he could speak, the Salamence expressed his doubts.

"Vigil, do you really think we can trust this guy? Who guarantees us he won't betray us?"

"I agree with Bloodthirster here. This doesn't seem really right. If things get ugly, I can knock him out and easily take his place. I know his movements, and could easily be able to fool the thieves. The only thing we would have problems with then would be the route..." Replicus said, in a low voice.
Old May 24th, 2012, 03:59 AM
★Folk Man♫ lml
Community Supporter

"I agree with Bloodthirster here. This doesn't seem really right. If things get ugly, I can knock him out and easily take his place. I know his movements, and could easily be able to fool the thieves. The only thing we would have problems with then would be the route..."

Bloodthirster smirked when he heard the Ditto whispering to Vigil next to him; he couldn't resist gifting Replicus his ironic smile as he eyeballed him.

"That will not work"

He said, surprsingly with a serious tone. Now he was staring at the Lucario's back once again as he whispered.

"First of all we don't have anywhere to hide him, if we knock him out. Second of all, we are probably being watched. And lastly, how are you going to mimic his manners? That guy looks important, the thieves could uncover the fraud if you make the slightest mistake."

Bloodthirster cleared his neck, steam blewing out of his nose as he did so. His guard was always up, suddenly turning around to stare at the darkness between the trees - his instict was bothering him, and he felt like doing something about it, but the discipline he had been taught in the Academy did not allow him to go check what seemed to be like movement in the black abyss of the forest.

Last edited by The Prince of Sweet Sorrow; May 24th, 2012 at 04:31 AM.
Old May 24th, 2012, 05:44 AM
Greiger
A mad mind... hehe

Penance Malum

Penance followed after Vigil and felt much better now with that huge weight off of his chest. Vigil said he needed to use the luck to help them all. He would make sure to do that then. He would use all the luck he could to take down the rest of the Sentinels and make sure that his brothers and sisters didn't fall in battle. They caught up with the group and continued heading on toward the forest. Penance had been feeling confident, he removed his emblem like Guardia requested, but then she just... left. Then a Lucario came and suddenly Penance could feel the tension. As the Lucario asked their names Penance went with the others and said his name was Penance. There! Simple and easy! If he had tried to come up with a fake name then there would be the trouble of trying to remember it. Then, there were being led into the forest. Penance saw the song that had been posted and shuddered. If they were found out then they could very well be killed on sight!

Penance heard the others talking among themselves and groaned to himself. He had only heard a few tales of the thieve's forest and one had been that the thieves could easily hear whispers so quiet and even when you thought you were alone there would always be a thief hiding in the shadows next to you. Penance cast some glances in the trees and rubbed his bracelet hard. He could feel someone... something watching them. Even though the forest was quiet Penance could see some movement here and there between the trees. He squeezed his eyes tight. Perhaps the mountains would have been the safest option after all? Why hadn't they listened to Vigil?

For now, all he had to do was keep quiet and as long as long as Vigil was here watching over them then nothing bad could happen.
Old May 24th, 2012, 03:43 PM
|Equinox|
Going on a hiatus :'(

Nature: Naive
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to |Equinox|
Pokemon Odyssey 2 Starting Post

Thwack, thwack, thwack, thwack...

“Dang! Missed...” I murmured, clenching my fists after releasing a barrage of pin missiles with a swipe of my arm. The Scyther, named Strike, had successfully outran the projectiles while some of them had been intercepted by nearby trees; it had never been easy hunting in the Thieves Forest, especially when I had to face difficult targets. This Scyther was on the top of the board with a large amount of bounty, infamous for his swift assaults and thievery around the area. Despite that and my type disadvantage, he couldn’t be that hard. My father, Gideon, had taught me heaps; and I had been improving ever since. When Strike moved and evaded my attacks, my eyes were quick enough to give his body a quick scan in search for valuable items. I noticed a little bag around his waist...probably his little bag of treasures.

Oh well. I could always use a bonus.

The bushes rustled around me, signifying his presence as if it hadn’t been clear enougj. Just then, Strike’s shadow appeared before me, making me twirl around in alarm. The Scyther leaped into the air, blocking the intense sunlight before diving downward with his blades ready to slice through my flesh. I quickly swiped my spiked arm at the enemy, slamming it into the Scyther’s body with a punishing strike. The devastating blow knocked him to a side, making him crash onto the leaf-covered ground. But my efforts had been proved useless as he recovered in a few seconds, ready to launch a second attack. He lunged for me, slashing viciously at the air before him while dashing at my direction. I was forced to jump back, avoiding his rampage while watching his moves with caution. Strike then jumped into the air, his blades and arms at his back in attempt to bring it down in a strong hacking motion. Careful not to be brought down with the attack, I had dashed swiftly to the left right, moving out of the way before he slammed the blades onto the bush in front of him. With his body temporarily shocked from failure, I saw my chance and grabbed the Scyther at the neck, raising into the air and making him choke. Without a sound, my other hand pressed against his chest, right outside his pumping heart.

Thwack!

Satisfied, I let go of the Scyther, watching as he plunged onto the grass with his eyes rolled behind his head. A large spike had pierced right through his heart, creating a massive hole where crimson liquid gushed out like a fountain. The scent of blood filled the air, and I shot his neck with a few more pin missiles...just in case he had been faking his death.

“Funny how you wanted to assassinate the second in command of the Thieves Forest, Strike” I cackled, kneeling next to the horrible dead body, extracting the money from his pouch and putting it into a secret compartment located at the armor plate on my right arm, “I expected you to be smarter; yet such a large bounty on my head often leads you fools into a swift, tragic demise...”

As a rather important person in the forest, some people wanted me dead. It was inevitable. The bounty on my head was much larger and rewarding than the one on Strike’s, which explained why he had wanted to kill me so badly. Yet fighting me...alone? Underestimation to such an extent, only because I’m a Cacturne?

“I am Noctus Gamble, descendant of Emperor Galleon! Garchomp blood flows inside me!” I shouted, unleashing my anger, “My ancestors had millions of achievements! Everyone should be feared upon hearing my name!”

I was struck by a sting of grief when Gideon’s words echoed in my mind. I had been eavesdropping on my father only a few days before his death, and I regretted doing it.

’I shouldn’t have gotten together with Fiora...now my son would be a Cacturne...and the pure Galleon bloodline would be destroyed. And look at him! He’s a bounty hunter! A rather powerful one, yes, but he is nothing compared to Galleon! I want him to be the leader, not someone that kills people just to survive! Why do things always go wrong for me?! Why do I have to create failures that would only destroy our family name?!’ Gideon spoke to himself on that silent night, ranting on about his problems.

“It’s not MY fault that I’m a Cacturne and not a Garchomp!” I cried out, kicking Strike’s body as an attempt to release my fury, “And if you think I’m not good enough, then I’ll just have to prove you wrong!”

Noctus breathed in the soothing forest air, calming down by a tad, "...And prove you wrong I will."

Some strange rustles drifted into his ears. A large group of people was probably coming his way. Now what...?

Last edited by |Equinox|; May 24th, 2012 at 08:16 PM.
Old May 24th, 2012, 05:12 PM
Garet
GhostFire

Well. That was...disappointing. Hanso kept his mouth shut and trudged on with the others, wondering why it seemed like the Gold Tribe was full of "silents" nowadays.

The remainder of the journey to the forest was quiet, giving them time to think. Personally, Hanso wondered if the forest's residents would let them in anyways. Did the Thieves take in just anyone who wasn't trying to hunt them down? Or was there some sort of qualification?

When they got to their destination, Guardia said that they should put away their emblems. Easy enough. Then she just ran off to look for someone before anyone could interject. Not good. Hanso sighed as he stashed his own emblem beneath all the other objects in his pack. Then they were left to wait for the next few minutes.

There was a rustling behind them. Hanso swung around on the spot as his arm-blades sprung out. False alarm; it was a Lucario with a small bag. There was a scar above his left eye.

"...Going in?" He asked, walking past them so that he stood between them and the trees.

"Err, yes. We seek guidance and refuge inside Eden Forest," Zane answered.

"'We seek guidance and refuge inside Eden Forest.'" The Lucario repeated, chuckling. "What are you, some sorta nobility or something?"

The Lucario's eyes seemed to brighten at the name. "Lyn, eh? Haven't seen the dove in a while." He looked among the others, probably to see if Lyn was among them. "And where exactly is Lyn, then?"

"Uh...she was with us brief moments ago before departing to search for a guide."

The Lucario chuckled again. "Riiiight." He said, somewhat sarcastically. "Well, come on. I guess I can take you in."

Alarms were already ringing in Hanso's head, but the others were following anyways, so he fell into line, staying as close to the back as he could. When names were exchanged, he answered, "Hanso." Knowing that if the Thieves knew the Gold Tribe members' real names, they were probably doomed. Except for Ragnaros, who stayed quiet.

As they walked deeper into the forest, Hanso kept a furtive watch on his surroundings without turning his head too much. First, there were enough shadows that there could have been anyone watching without moving at all. Second, this was the Thieves' Forest; someone had to be aware. The song on the sign made that obvious to anyone with any possible doubts.
Whispered words floated back to Hanso's ears. Three, if there was anyone watching, they would notice the others talking, if they couldn't actually hear them. Roswell, the Lucario, must be able to hear the sounds of conversation behind him.

Hanso felt this was one of those times to ignore a bit privacy. Extending his telepathy to the surface of Zane's mind, Hanso relayed, "This is Hanso. Roswell and I don't know who else can hear that some of us are talking. With everyone's consent, I can try to make a telepathic connection among us. What do you think?"
While waiting for Zane's answer, Hanso walked a little faster to catch up with Penance. He wasn't sure what talking might do, but for once, he thought it would be better than silence. "You all right?" Hanso asked Penance.
Old May 25th, 2012, 12:27 AM
SV
It was justified

Thieves Forest

Zane walked silently behind Roswell, who led them through the forest. As he took a look back at the others, he noticed the entrance of the forest was no longer visible, even if it had only been a few minutes since they began walking inside. Zane thought it was a bit strange, but decided to forget about it for now. Roswell began to hum a tune out loud as he led them on deeper and deeper. Bloodthirster walked beside Zane momentarily and whispered to him.

"Vigil, do you really think we can trust this guy? Who guarantees us he won't betray us?" He asked Zane. Zane stared in front at Roswell, who continued to hum as though he did not hear anything. Speculum, who was now on Zane's other side, also spoke, in a whisper.

"I agree with Bloodthirster here. This doesn't seem really right. If things get ugly, I can knock him out and easily take his place. I know his movements, and could easily be able to fool the thieves. The only thing we would have problems with then would be the route..."

Bloodthirster, however, dismissed the notion. His points were also quite valid, especially the one about them possibly being watched. Although Zane couldn't tell from looking around in the thick trees, he felt like someone was watching him. It was as if eyes were all on them, studying their every movement, analyzing their every step.

Suddenly, Hanso volunteered to set up a telepathic link between them in order to listen to each other without the possibility of Roswell, or someone else hearing. Zane nodded his head, watching to make sure Roswell didn't see, and the link was established.

I don't like this one bit. He heard Calamity's voice in his head. He agreed far too quickly to lead us in.

A trap perhaps?
Dark Lightning added.

Idunno, Idunno! Maybe we never should have gone with him! We should have waited for Guardia! Hoodhide squeeked his voice in Zane's head.

We had no choice at that moment. We're here now. But let's be ready just in case we really are walking into a trap. Zane's thought to everyone. Anyone have any suggestions? He asked them telepathically, wondering how to handle the situation.

Suddenly, Roswell stopped walking in place in front of them. Zane stopped as well, wondering what was wrong. Roswell continued to hum as he looked around, apparently not doing anything. Zane exchanged glances with Calamity, who gave him a shrug. After looking around for a moment, Roswell turned around, and began walking back the way they came from. Perplexed, Zane just stared as the Lucario walked past Zane and the others, not giving a single explanation nor a glance at them as he continued to hum. After stepping past everyone, he turned and motioned for them to follow.

"Come on. We're close."

"But...isn't that where we came from?" Zane asked, wondering why he would be going that way. Roswell gave Zane a chuckle.

"Well, Zane, right? You have to remember something when you're here. Not everything is as it always appears." He said in reply, turning again to continue walking down the path back.

After waiting for a moment longer, Zane decided to follow. Calamity and Wildfire went after, followed by the rest. Zane walked in silence, waiting for the reply mentally from the others, while also noticing something shift in a nearby tree. He was unsure, but he believed it might be someone in them. But after looking again, it didn't appear as if anyone was there. Zane continued to walk forward, but noticed a similar motion on a tree in another side. He reexamined the tree, and again, no Pokemon seemed present. It was an eerie feeling, and not one easily explained, but as Zane caught the motion once more in a tree right next to him, he took a look at the roots of the tree, to see them crawling around.

Zane opened his eyes wide at the sudden realization of what was happening. There weren't Pokemon moving in the trees. The trees were moving.

Old May 25th, 2012, 12:40 AM
|Equinox|
Going on a hiatus :'(

Nature: Naive
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to |Equinox|
Noctus Gamble

I decided to ignore the barely audible rustles and knelt down before the body once again. Slowly, I rummaged through his things in search for something I had missed before. Nothing seemed to catch my eye, however, as I had already taken everything that was worth taking.

The body was laying there, shirtless (he had been wearing a brown hood) and lifeless like a hollow shell. But I did not flinch at the sight; these scenes had occurred many times, countless times, and I had gotten used to the blood and gore.

I looked at my surroundings and noticed a couple of red eyes peering from the darkness. But I snorted as none of them had dared to make an appearance. Slowly, I got up to my feet and wiped the mud off my armor before staring right back at one of them. I could almost feel him shiver. With a bit of suspicion, the staring contest continued for half a minute before the leaves rustled around the creature, indicating its approach.

The eyes slowly increased in size as the Pokemon walked out from the bush, revealing himself to be a Grovyle, "Noctus, I'm just here to tell you that a group of strangers have entered the south side of our territory. Most of them look strong and rather threatening..."

I looked at him from top to bottom before talking, "It has been a while since we've gotten company..."

"They're heading towards the field right now," the Grovyle added, pointing southwest, "I reckon that they would arrive in no longer than thirty minutes."

"I'll see what they are up to," I replied before walking at a relaxed pace, walking away without looking back at him, "Remind me to give you a little bonus tip for letting me know."

Old May 25th, 2012, 02:40 AM
★Folk Man♫ lml
Community Supporter

Ragnaros eyeballed the Lucario's back as he listened to the others speak into his mind - he did not pay any attention. He shook his long head, blowing out steam as he came up with a wonderful idea, just in time to hear Vigil ask for suggestions.

But just then, Roswell stopped walking out of the blue; Vigil and the rest of the group stopped as well, Ragnaros paced ahead without realising. He thought if Lucario was up to something, he'd be the first to know.
Roswell turned around and walked past them under Bloodthirster's smirk; the dragon's red eyebrows had almost become one.

"Come on. We're close."

"But...isn't that where we came from?" Vigil asked, Roswell chuckled.

"Well, Zane, right? You have to remember something when you're here. Not everything is as it always appears."

Bloodthirster was getting impatient and angry. His menacing eyes glowed in the dark as he stared at Roswell walking away.
He was about to express his thoughts to Vigil, but he noticed he was looking at the trees - he stared in the darkness to see a strange kind of movement, the same from before.
Still standing next to him, he took his eyes from the darkness to look at the tree's roots. He immediately backed off and slammed his strong tail on the ground, realizing what was happening. It all started to make sense now, the subtle movements in the darkness - but Ragnaros was far from scared. His expression changed massively as he stared at Vigil.

Vigil... Let me ask this buddy of yours some questions. If he tries anything funny, I can just burn the whole forest with my breath.

He got past Vigil, getting in the front, right behind Roswell. He tried to keep a straight face, but his voice was giving out his anger.

"You! Where the heck are we going? I demand an explanation! You can't just drag us around!"

Last edited by The Prince of Sweet Sorrow; May 25th, 2012 at 07:09 AM.
Old May 25th, 2012, 07:57 AM
Greiger
A mad mind... hehe

Penance Malum

Penance heard the others talking telepathically and just sighed. As long as everyone argued then it would just be harder to try and think about not look like Gold Tribe members to the thieves that wandered among the trees. If they got into too big an argument about what to do then it would be inevitable that one of his brothers or sisters would take the initiative and do something... bad. He heard TrueStriker talk to him and the Golduck nodded, "Y-Yeah. I'm fine. Just want to get this over with, you know?" He said softly to the Gallade. Penance felt his tension rise as Roswell stopped them. For a brief moment he remembered how the others said that this could have been a trap, but his fears were quickly washed away as Roswell just led them back... where... they came from?

As Vigil asked him why they were going back Roswell pretty much said that appearances were deceiving. Penance wandered what he meant by that. He hadn't seen anything yet that could be deceiving him so he just continued walking with the others. Everyone didn't seem to be bothered that they were going right where they had come from, that was until Bloodthirster suddenly spoke out with his booming voice and demanded to know where they were going. Penance paled as the Salamance was pretty much intimidating their guide and Penance quickly looked around the trees to see if any thieves were ready to jump out and kill them yet. Why couldn't they have gone through the mountains!?
Old May 27th, 2012, 02:59 AM
SV
It was justified

Thieves Forest

The prospect of what his eyes were showing him, put bluntly, freaked Zane out a bit. It wasn't often you saw moving trees in Valkaria, despite its many wonders. Hoodhide had apparently seen it as well, and communicated with the others, expressing his feelings.

Uh! Are-you-guys seeing this?! The trees! They're...they're...!

It must be some thief trick. Dark Lightning thought to all of them. Keep your wits about you. Pay it no mind.

Vigil... Let me ask this buddy of yours some questions. If he tries anything funny, I can just burn the whole forest with my breath. Bloodthirster said in their mind.

Careful, Bloodthirster. Zane said, sending his thoughts to him. We don't know what he's capable of, or who else is watching.

The Salamence suddenly went in front of everyone else and began shouting at the Lucario.

"You! Where the heck are we going? I demand an explanation! You can't just drag us around!"

Roswell calmly turned to face them all, looking into Bloodthirster's eyes. He had a straight face, neither a look of anger nor one of fear. It was rare to see one like that, but then, he was a thief in the Thieves Forest. He was on his home field. What did he have to be afraid of. The Lucario cocked an eyebrow and crossed his arms.

"I'm leading you to the village in the center of the forest. That's where you wanted to go, right? You 'seek guidance and refuge inside Thieves Forest'?" He said, repeating what Zane had said earlier again in a mocking manner. "I'm doing you a favor and leading you there. I didn't have to do it. I did it as a favor to Lyn, who you said you knew. If you don't wanna follow me, you don't have to. Oh...but good luck finding your way there on your own. Not to mention out of here. No doubt you noticed that it'll be a hard road to find your way back. Only thieves know these routes. Outsiders have tried and end up getting lost forever in these woods."

Zane looked around again, trying to determine where it was that they came from. The road didn't seem as familiar as he thought. The shifting of the trees threw him off, and he couldn't tell which direction was which. Indeed, this place was like a labyrinth. Roswell began speaking again.

"So if you're done complaining, I see it that you have two choices: You can either get lost, in which case I'll be on my way, OR, you can shut up and follow me."

Zane exchanged looks with the others. He telepathically sent a message. It seems we have no choice at this point. Don't worry. If things go sour, we can manage. Zane turned back to Roswell and nodded.

"Good." He said. "Anyone else have any stupid questions to ask? Or are you all ready to go?"

Last edited by SV; May 27th, 2012 at 03:11 AM.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here