Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner
Reload this Page Pokémon Odyssey: A New Beginning [T] [Best Veteran 4Q '12]

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Roleplay Corner The realm where writers gather to create glorious tales or silly drama together and chronicle their adventures. Start or join roleplays featuring Pokémon, other franchises or something completely original!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old October 24th, 2012 (04:27 PM).
One lean, green, fighting machine

Nature: Jolly
"Hey, so, we don't really know the new guys too well. What do you say guys? Care to share a bit about yourselves?" Guardia asked them.

This shocked Jirmonji. He was kinda hoping to find out about the other Gold Tribe members, but he was willing to share a few tidbits of his past with his brothers and sister. What should I start with? The Swift began to explain himself. "There isn't really that much to me, but I'll say what I need to say." He cleared his mind. It had been a daily activity since he left the Koral Mountains.

"I was a young Scyther long ago. It seems like millineas ago now, in all honesty. My parents abandoned me as a child because of a soothesayer's fortune, but my brother stuck around to prove them wrong, that I could amount to something. He was a member of the Gold Tribe long before I was. He would take me on some his missions that he really shouldn't have, but it made me stronger. We would travel throughout the Theive's Forest cutting down any sign of evil that we could for a long time. I eventually...changed when we took on a large party of the Theif Lord's men. I strengthened myself for a long time until my brother believed I was ready to join." He took a deep breath again, wracking his mind for any information that would be useful for his backstory. "I applied, and was accepted. Rey bestowed my pendant to seal the membership himself. I remember it as if it were only yesterday." Jirmonji thought of the light shining on his face as the Zangoose gave him the golden heart. "I served faithfully for one year....Then the Silver Tribe attacked Gold City." He shuddered at the memory of the screams, the blood, the death. "My brother and I fought, back to back, till the end, but he ended up dying. I was mortified, so I slaughtered his killers and ran off to the Koral Mountains. After years and years of training, I came to Albia. While I was there, I met Gallant." Slynt had basically caught up with the present. "I challenged Frost and that beast, Sovereign. You know the rest."
Old October 24th, 2012 (04:52 PM).
GhostFire

It hadn't taken long for Hanso's broken arm to be checked, treated, and splinted. It helped that he'd fallen unconscious sometime after the battle, so he hadn't registered all of the pain afterwards. Once Hanso was awake and the healers were done treating his arm, he was scolded for fighting with a broken arm. Then they told him that if he let his arm rest, with emphasis on "rest", then the splint could be taken off within the next three to seven days. They still emphasized letting it rest afterwards.

Fat chance of that.

Hanso was forced, partly by the healers and partly by his own exhaustion and pain, to eat and rest for the first day after the battle, though he wasn't at all excited. The next day, Hanso had awoken and left his resting place to walk around the city, attempting to help with several different ongoing projects. Much of what he was able to do, or allowed to do, was help carry things with his good right arm. Hanso found himself...lacking. He was part psychic, yet he didn't know much about moving objects with his mind.

Throughout the second day, Hanso entertained these and other thoughts. He hadn't bothered to shield his telepathic network the day before, until Genevieve had intruded. Sovereign had three different personalities or minds or somethings, one of which was more or less battle-mode; Hanso wondered if a powerful or skilled psychic could get into the Tyranitar's mind and keep that battle-mode from escaping. Having a broken arm showed Hanso that he was lacking in psychic powers, so he thought. He'd focused all along on physical prowess with his two arm-blades, with some evasion tactics thrown into the mix. Take away one or both blades, though, and Hanso found himself somewhat useless.

As Hanso sat and waited for the Chansey to finish checking his arm, the afternoon before the Gold Tribe was due to leave, he thought, I need to find a mentor. Who, though? "You have a fast recovery, Mr. Gold Tribe," the Chansey noted, replacing Hanso's splint. "Come back tomorrow morning, and I think we can take that off. Don't go off and rush it, though."

Hanso merely nodded. His question bugged him for the rest of that day and the next morning as he got the splint removed for good. His left arm was still fairly raw from the last few days, and the semicircles of teeth marks stood out as very pale scars on his forearm. Hanso thought that they might remain for the rest of his life. However short it might be... He was silent as he joined the rest of the Gold Tribe for the walk to the Golden Catacombs.

It wasn't long before Guardia spoke. "Hey, so, we don't really know the new guys too well." She said, motioning to the Swift, Ignus, and the Healer. "What do you say guys? Care to share a bit about yourselves?"

The Swift, a Scizor, was the first to speak. Hanso didn't pay much attention, his own thoughts drifting. He was hanging near the back of the group, and his eyes glanced over at Penance. He hadn't heard the Golduck say a single word since the battle, at least during the times that Hanso found the both of them eating in the same place at the same time. That hadn't been often. I don't blame him. The newcomers and Gallant are pretty much the only ones who weren't present during the lie. The question, on this subject, was whether Penance would ever trust any of them again.

Too early to say so right now, Hanso thought to himself, but I know for myself that I won't repeat that guilty silence.
Old October 24th, 2012 (05:43 PM). Edited October 24th, 2012 by Greiger.
A mad mind... hehe

Nature: Serious
Penance 'Defender' Malum

As the others gathered around Penance kept his body language close to himself, he was just letting enough out to let them know that 'yeah, he was still pissed'. The only, mark, only one who had redeemed himself was actually TrueStriker. Sure, he had lied in the beginning, but he was also the one to actually correct his mistake and tell Penance just what had happened. He could tell the Gallade was at least still feeling guilty, but that was his right! He knew he did something wrong and made up for it! The others had no right to feel guilty at all! They not only lied but also had pride in that they did lie! As Guardia asked for the others to talk Penance just snorted. It was like her to get others to tell the truth, but not tell the truth herself. Penance glanced over at TrueStriker and moved over to walk next to him.

"I appreciate your honesty brother. It's something that others lack apparently, but I did notice during the battle that you left the telepathic network open, and you seemed distressed about it. If you want, I can teach you how to make it more secure and give you a surefire way to also detect whether or not your mind is being intruded by another psychic." He said with a friendly smile. "It's not hard, but it does require performing the exercise every day to get better at it. You up for it?"

During the whole time he had been talking Penance simply acted like TrueStriker was the only one there, well, besides the newcomers, but other than that Penance didn't react when the liars said something or did something else. He was just good enough talking to TrueStriker.
Old October 26th, 2012 (03:26 PM).
A long line? Well I guess it was inevitable...
CS

Nature: Adamant
The Dark Unknowing...
A fire was burning, the only light on a moonless night. A father and his son sitting close by to escape the cold that the mountain air often brought. Sovereign stared up at the stars. He suddenly felt himself filled with an emotion he was not familiar with. He suddenly felt so insignifigant compared to the boundless heavens above. Erratt could tell his son was unnerved, and sought to give him comfort. "There's no need to fear them, my son. You will find that the gods are quite generous to those who follow tradition. You have been blessed with incredible power, but never forget where that power comes from. Our ancestors, the ancient dragons of legend, bestowed upon the ancient dragons of our world, a power which can rival the gods themselves. Never forget my son." As Sovereign turned his head to look up at Erratt, the image suddenly froze. A single moment in time, that Erratt wished would never have ended. As he looked upon this scene, he yearned for that innocent time to return. But, instead, he was trapped by the darkness, which plagued Sovereign's soul. "He's not progressing fast enough." Erratt was not speaking to anyone in particular, he just liked to think out loud sometimes.

"I think he's moving along quite nicely!" The horrid voice of Varren cut through the silence. "I honestly don't know why you feel the need to turn your own son into a monster. Do you honestly think that making him into a thing with no personality will free you from this place? If it were so easy I would have done that myself." Erratt was wary of Varren. He clearly had very sinister intentions. "Stay away from Sovereign, Varren. We don't need you filling his head with your crazy ideas." Varren smiled that terrible smile as he always did. "Just try and stop me. You may be stronger than me, but I've been here longer, and the darkness is my domain..." He said as he faded into the vast infinite void that was their prison. Erratt pondered a moment. "She's a problem" he said as he came to a memory of Sovereign and Vera fighting together on the battlefield. "She must be dealt with..."

Sovereign & Vera
"We lost Ignitus to the Gold Tribe, and Frost to her own selfish arrogance," Sovereign said in follow up to Genevieve's report. He had nothing else to say on the matter. He wanted nothing more than to get back out on the battlefield as soon as possible. He was not comfortable in the comfort of such a lavish building.

Vera could see that Genevieve was in a lot of pain. Though she tried to hold it in, it was pretty obvious. "In regards to the battle in Albia..." Vera then proceeded to give a very intricate, and detailed report on the exact details of the battle. She had had an exceptional vantage point during most of the battle. Almost as if to taunt Genevieve, she decided to end the report as such: "In regards to the battle on the way to Silver City, I killed the leader of the enemy force, a Breloom. That is all."
Old October 26th, 2012 (09:03 PM).
It was justified

Nature: Relaxed
Silver City

After Genevieve and Sovereign had given their reports, Scar looked at Auron, awaiting his reaction. For a while, he did not speak. He found the silence unsettling. Scar was able to read others relatively well, but was never able to with Auron. He couldn't tell was he was thinking at the moment, wondering if he was contemplating what they had said, or perhaps forming some sort of plan, or perhaps a punishment for them, since they had technically failed in the defense of Albia, and lost two Sentinels in the process. Scar knew Auron was capable of many things, some he could understand and perceive, like using him immense strength to rip him in half, and others he could not, like what he had done to Ignitus in Albia. It was that which he knew not how Auron did it that was the more frightening.

In the silence, Scar's eyes wandered down to an object hanging around Auron's neck by a necklace. It was strange that, given the size of the object, Scar had not noticed it before. It was as if it was...invisible to him, or as if it was merely part of Auron's body. The strange thing was that Scar was beginning to try to identify what this object was, but he couldn't find the words for it. He knew what it was, it was obvious, but it was as if it was inexplicable. He couldn't understand. But the more he tried, the more his head began to hurt. Scar suddenly saw Auron no longer looking passed him, but rather right at him. The two Pokemon's eyes met, and in an instant, any discomfort Scar experienced was gone, and Scar completely forgot about whatever it was he was looking at.

"Scar..." Auron began. "You will take the Inferno, the Siren, the Crusher, and a regiment of Ancients and go to Eden Forest."

"May I ask, Lord Auron, what it is you want us to do there?" Scar asked normally, as if nothing had happened only a few moments earlier.

"...It is time for the thieves' end..." he said, and the Sentinels understood. Scar nodded eagerly with a smile. He had wanted to see the forest burned for a long time. Previous, smaller attempts had been fruitless, the thieves masterfully using the trees to escape their pursuers. This time, it seemed, Auron intended to use superior force to completely eradicate them.

"...Deluge...go to Cape City. You will receive the rest of your orders there..."

"By your will, Lord Auron." Deluge said with a deep bow.

"...Sentry...see to the task I assigned to you earlier..."

"As you command, Lord Auron." Sentry said with a bow as well.

"...You may depart." Auron concluded, no more was to be said among them. Such was the meetings between Auron and his Sentinels. He never spoke to them for very long, even to give out orders. As the Sentinels headed for the exit, Scar walked closer to Genevieve, Sovereign, and Vera. The Inferno walked slightly ahead of the others.

"I sort of expected him to acknowledge any of the past actions." Scar began to tell the others. "He didn't even mention Albia, or the other army we destroyed."

Scar looked up ahead to see the Inferno heading left deeper into the city instead of towards the barracks to gather up the armies for the invasion. "Hey, where do you think you are going?"

"To the infirmary." He called back.

"You injured?" Scar yelled back at him.

"No, but I'd rather you four be at your top shape. I don't want you slowing me down during the invasion."

Plains of Valkaria

The Swift spoke first, and Zane listened eagerly, learning of his brother's passed struggles within the Korhal Mountains and the Thieves Forest. He had a brother in the tribe as well, it appeared. Even though he was about the same age as Zane, he had been through a lot. The Healer spoke briefly about her early life in Eternity City, and her mother, and then her sending off to Gold City to be trained for the tribe.

"Well..." Gallant said, rubbing his chin as he thought back. "...a lot of you actually already know me. I was your teacher for a long time, after all. At least, for those of you who attended the Heroes Alliance School when you were training to be Gold Tribe members. I have to say, I'm pretty proud of myself for the way you all turned out. Imagine if you all would have been put under a different instructor...you'd all be dead by now for sure!"

Zane grinned. He was happy that, even in the midst of all of this, he at least had not changed much. He was still the same grumpy, tough Sawk, and the years have only made him tougher, and apparently grumpier. While he was happy to be conversing with the newer members of the group, he noticed Defender not wishing to talk to anyone else besides the newer members, except TrueStriker. He realized he may have still been quite upset because they lied to him. Zane understood why he was angry. It would be the natural way for a Pokemon to react. However, it was not quite the natural way for a member of the Gold Tribe to react. The Gold Tribe were taught early on in their training that the good of the entire Alpha Alliance came before the good of any one of them. This was a concept supposed to be embraced by the Gold Tribe. Defender was in a tough situation, and if Guardia had not lied to him, he would have gone back to that insane way he was before, and they needed his planning in the battle. The good of the many for the price of the well being of one. It should make sense. Yet in the Gold Tribe itself is an unwritten rule among each member. There is a reason, after all, that each of them refer to each other as brothers and sisters. It is supposed to be because, although not bonded by blood, they were bonded by something much deeper, a code that was as old as the Alpha Alliance itself. In this way, they truly were brothers and sisters. And in this way, he could see how Defender would be angry with them. It was a tough choice to pick, between the two paths. Guardia chose as any Gold Tribe member would. But she didn't choose as any sister would, and neither did the rest of them, except TrueStriker.

The others went around telling a few stories about themselves as well. Guardia spoke of her time with her father, Rey, and the tough training he put her through growing up. She also talked about her time in Eternity City as the rebel leader in their last battle there. Sword and Shield talked about his parents, who happened to be two renowned explorers before they became members of the Gold Tribe. Zane had no knowledge of that beforehand, although he was aware of them. Speculum talked a bit about his time in H.A.S. under Gallant with his brother Xavier. He mentioned how brutal a lot of Gallant's old exercises were. Zane didn't need to be reminded. He remembered all of the pain he went through. Bringing the things up again made the old Sawk grin even brighter, pleased that his wounds still resided in his students. Zane supposed this meant that he had succeeded in what he had intended to do. Though, in honesty, them being alive now was enough for that.

Others talked, while others stayed silent, but eventually, the group crept closer to their location. Zane didn't actually even think much about their destination because of the conversations, but as they began to get closer, all the memories and the dreams were rushing back. They were right next to the Korhal Mountains, the large mountainside extended as far as his eyes could carry them, and rising high into the clouds. Zane could hear rain and possibly snow on the top of the mountains, and recalled that one of their desired paths was to cross over there. Thankfully, they didn't have to cross there. It would have been brutal.

Directly in front of them was slowly coming into view a pair of large, old doors connected to the root of the mountains. They were still a bit distance away, and yet they were quite easily visible. This was due to the incredible size of the doors themselves, standing a good 10 meters (about 32 feet) off the ground. The size became even more apparent as they came closer. Once they were directly in front, Zane got a good look at the door itself. Gold it was once, supposedly a long time ago shining brightly as it would be reflected off of the sun. It was said in the ancient times to be quite a marvel, a jewel of Valkaria. Though now it had lost a lot of its luster, it still was a tremendous sight. Moss and rust covered the doors, but bits of gold still resonated off of it.

Zane took one more look at the door, and then looked around the area. There was no sign of trouble around, and by the tranquility he saw around, it looked like this was an area not often disturbed, if at all. Zane was starting to wonder if there truly was anything worth knowing in here. Maybe there was, but maybe it was all for nothing. Or maybe even worse, something nasty lingered inside.

"Well, let's not just stand here like idiots." Gallant said abruptly. His sudden voice actually took Zane a bit by surprise. "We made the journey here. Now let's finish it!"

Zane nodded at him, taking off his emblem and displaying it in front of the door. The others did the same. The emblems of the Gold Tribe were said to be the keys that granted a member access to the inside. Zane didn't know exactly how it worked, but he knew the general ritual as described in early texts he read in school. The Gold Tribe stood there with their emblems sticking out, waiting for something to happen, and nothing did. Eventually, Speculum spoke.

"Maybe it's broken..." He said, half jokingly.

"Aww dangit!" Hoodhide added. But just as he finished speaking, the doors started to shake, pieces of attached vines and moss falling off the door. Then it began to slowly open, and eventually the doors opened wide to the Gold Tribe. Inside, Zane could see nothing but darkness. He didn't know what to expect on the inside.

"Come on." Zane said, reattaching his emblem back to his shoulder. "Let's go inside. Be ready for anything."

Paired with the Epic Raikiri
Old October 27th, 2012 (09:13 AM).
One lean, green, fighting machine

Nature: Jolly
Come on. Let's go inside. Be ready for anything." Zane told the Gold Tribe. The cryptic doors opened. So...This is the Golden Catacombs. I'm surprised that I didn't see these during my time here. Suddenly, memories flooded into his mind. A Scizor was wandering around a rocky valley with his guard up. He was alone, just taking his time and whispering a song. After a good amount of time, he stopped. Something echoed off in the distance. The Swift, a few years younger than usual, jumped onto a nearby rock. "Come at me fiend!" Seconds later, a group of rouge Sandslash's leapt out and slashed at him in quick moves. Jirmonji had a difficult time, but he eventually defeated them. "You have been forgiven." He killed them. Now that he thought of it, that ambush hadn't occured very far from here.

The Swift reattached his golden heart. Something didn't seem right, but who was he to argue with the Bisharp? "I don't like this. It smells of death." He glanced around. "I'll take point, if nobody objects." Jirmonji used Quick Attack to get as far in as possible in a short amount of time. He looked both left and right, only to see great stone walls. "We're clear everybody!"
Old October 28th, 2012 (06:55 PM).
GhostFire

Given the recent events, Hanso was surprised, though it didn't show in his face, when Penance moved closer and began talking to him. "I appreciate your honesty brother. It's something that others lack apparently, but I did notice during the battle that you left the telepathic network open, and you seemed distressed about it. If you want, I can teach you how to make it more secure and give you a surefire way to also detect whether or not your mind is being intruded by another psychic." He said with a friendly smile. "It's not hard, but it does require performing the exercise every day to get better at it. You up for it?"

The Golduck was pointedly ignoring most of the others at the same time. Okay, he's at least partly forgiven me, but not the others. So far. Penance was also offering to tutor him in telepathy and mind-defense. Hanso slowly nodded, ignoring the fact that the Golduck was several years younger. "Sure," he answered, not rushing his words. "It was...the first time in a long time I'd met a strong psychic, so I wasn't in top shape." After hesitating, Hanso added, "I'm not sure if you'd noticed me leaving the fight with Ignitus. 'Distressed' is the right word, and...I pretty much abandoned the fight to go find that psychic." Honesty was especially important now, yet Hanso wasn't willing to share details that were very specific or personal, or both.

Looking back at Penance, Hanso said, "Of course, I'm not sure how much you remember, but it's your decision to share what you want. I'd be glad to learn what you could teach me."

It was good that Gallant had lived after Frost's surprise shot, and that the Gold Tribe in general were conversing. As they came closer to the Golden Catacombs, Hanso looked up at the Korhal Mountains a few times. Roswell, the King of Thieves, had to know they'd been on their way to the Thieves' Forest in order to settle a deal with the Silver Tribe. Either that, or the Silver Tribe knew beforehand and approached Roswell. Hanso wasn't about to forget the few times that Penance mentioned a spy in the city, or army, whichever it might turn out to be. If the Gold Tribe had decided to go through the Korhal Mountains instead of the forest, would they have been met with some other obstacle?

As they approached the doors to the Golden Catacombs, and they opened to the Gold Tribe's emblems, Hanso brought his mind back to the present. After putting his armband back on, he glanced at Penance again. Despite the Swift's words, the Gallade wasn't so ready to suggest a telepathic network. There were two reasons for that. First, if looks were correct, no one had come through these doors in a long time, so there might not be danger. Second, Hanso wasn't sure how Penance would feel about joining such a network with the others at this time.

As the Swift entered, Hanso made his way up front to be second in line. In his opinion, the Scizor was probably going to miss some details. We need to be able to spot danger before it strikes.
Old October 28th, 2012 (08:32 PM).
A mad mind... hehe

Penance 'Defender' Malum

Penance nodded at TrueStriker's words. It was plain truth he felt in those words. While the battle was still a bit blurry in his mind he could tell by TrueStriker's body language and choice of words that he was only speaking the truth. "Yes, we were rather ill prepared for it. Like I said, it isn't a difficult exercise. All it requires is discipline and energy." The others continued to converse around them, but Penance really didn't care for their idle chatter. It was the chatter of liars after all, no telling what lies they were telling themselves or to others. He just hoped the newcomers weren't as bad as the others and actually had a sense of morals. The road was rather long but what made the journey even better was hearing Gallant speaking. Penance knew the Sawk could be rather fearsome, but also protective and friendly as well. He had seen more of the Sawk than the others had, he knew that much. Gallant had made him energized for becoming a Gold Tribe member and what he said was true, without his teachings they probably all would have died way earlier in the war.

Penance took the time to look back at TrueStriker. The Gallade could be a rather capable warrior if he just put his mind to it. Oddly enough, TrueStriker's words from before seemed to garner Penance's thoughts. He had willingly come forward with information about his own faults, maybe... maybe it was time for the others to know? Penance struggled with that questions up until they got to the Catacombs. There didn't seem to be any Ancients around the area and in fact no Sentinels either. That meant that the Silver Tribe was busy with other areas... or that something big was already waiting for them in there. Perhaps a trap or some powerful foe waiting for a specific door to open and to unleash hell upon his or her first target.

"TrueStriker, I want you to practice this exercise while we explore. Picture a white room, with nothing in it. No color, no furniture, no people, nothing. Just a white room. It can be big or small, but it must be empty. It will take some time to perfect the image since your mind will naturally want to populate it with various images, but fight that instinct. It took me close to two months to get the exercise down, but as you get better with it you'll find yourself occupying the room with less and less images until it is completely empty and you will not only be able to focus on a empty room, but also on doing other tasks while you keep your defenses up."

Penance walked in right behind TrueStriker and for the first time since the battle even spoke to the liars. "Everyone, keep your eyes sharp. Look out for traps, wires on the ground, holes in the wall, slabs sticking up from the ground, doors that once opened could alert a foe to our presence. Just because we don't see anyone now doesn't mean that our enemies haven't already infiltrated the area."
Old October 29th, 2012 (04:45 PM).
The Arianator

Nature: Sassy
Ignus, Prince of Light. Albia --> Golden Catacombs
Ignus' greeting was returned by a very hesitant thanks from Zane. Maybe Ignus should've just said hello.

It was not very long at all before the others arrived. Many spoke about their past, but a few stood silent. Of those was Ignus. Sure, he would have gladly taken the opportunity to educate the others on his beliefs, but he had a hard time fitting in such a lenghtly conversation between others' histories. He mainly listened the whole way.

As they approached the entrance, everbody grew silent. Ignus opened his mouth to speak, only to have Gallant beat him to it.

"Well, let's not just stand here like idiots. We made the journey here. Now let's finish it!"

Well said, old guy. Well said.

As each member held out their Gold tribe Emblems, Ignus remembered that he had left his in Albia. In a panic, he made an illusion of one and held his up to the doors. Nothing happened. A few voices from within the group spoke out.

"Maybe its broken..."

"Aww, dang it!

Aww, crap. I bet my fake emblem is screwing this up. This is gonna get awkward.

But before anyone else could speak, or even question why the doors remained shut, the moss and vines began to peel off.

Zane led the way with words, while The Swift with body.

"Come on. Let's go inside. Be ready for anything."

The Swift took that moment to zip inside, after remarking that he was point.

"All clear!" He called from inside.

What an energetic fellow... Ignus took a last look at the sun before descending. He performed the sign of the sun, and then departed into the catacombs. He overheard Penance and Hanso talking. It seemed like Penance had been giving Hanso advice of psychic capabilities. Ignus new a thing or two about psychic attacks, but this conversation seemed to be about maintaining psychic connections and whatnot. The zoroark had little to no experience with that.

"TrueStriker, I want you to practice this exercise while we explore. Picture a white room, with nothing in it. No color, no furniture, no people, nothing. Just a white room. It can be big or small, but it must be empty. It will take some time to perfect the image since your mind will naturally want to populate it with various images, but fight that instinct. It took me close to two months to get the exercise down, but as you get better with it you'll find yourself occupying the room with less and less images until it is completely empty and you will not only be able to focus on a empty room, but also on doing other tasks while you keep your defenses up." Huh. Seemed legit. Maybe Ignus should try that once in a while.

Then, to everyone, the golduck said, "Everyone, keep your eyes sharp. Look out for traps, wires on the ground, holes in the wall, slabs sticking up from the ground, doors that once opened could alert a foe to our presence. Just because we don't see anyone now doesn't mean that our enemies haven't already infiltrated the area."

The truth. Our brother knows well. Thought Ignus. Out loud, he said, "Listen to him, he speaks wisely. The world here has been disconnected from ours for quite a while, and something unknown may be lurking within the shadows." This reminded Ignus to do something. He used a very weakened Extrasensory to the party, effectively enhancing hearing and vision, as well as the other senses. He was careful not to do too much, as that would overload their brains and give them very terrible migranes.

"In case you haven't noticed," said the Prince,"I've taken the liberty to enhance our senses, it could get very dark in here. If you start having headaches, tell me and I'll stop the extrasensory. You shouldn't have any problems, though. Its not too bright or loud in here."

Mr. Aladdin sir! Have a wish or two or three!
Old October 31st, 2012 (12:21 PM).
Here's to the crazy ones.

Genevieve L’esprit
Genevieve breathed a sigh of relief at their dismissal. New orders in hand and a trip to the infirmary were on her immediate to-do list. She stifled her secret displeasure at yet another assault. The battle and body count was really skyrocketing as of late. Then again, the thieves did have it coming, hopefully things would go smoothly. She would just have to ensure that they did.

“We shall rendezvous later,” Genevieve spoke to the other Sentinels, as she followed the path to the infirmary and left the others behind. Genevieve stumbled less than gracefully into the infirmary, her side seemingly on fire and painful to the touch. The staff looked at her with inquisitive and perplexed gazes. She made her way to a private room, her psychic power pulling a hapless member of the medical staff behind her against his will.

The room wasn’t much to look at, a crude table for her to lay out on and a window on the far wall that was opened to the outside world. Genevieve sat herself down with a wince and slammed the door with her mind once she had dragged in the Audino completely. She couldn’t dare let the other Sentinels see her in such pain. It didn’t matter if they had a suspicion, but they could not see her so exposed.

“Fix me, now!” Her voice rang out sternly to the Audino. The creature only nodded its head in terror as he approached and placed a hand appraisingly on her body. He quickly ran it up and down, probing for causes of pain and glancing at her to confirm. His hand touched her inflamed side and a shock of pain went writhing through her body. Reflexes kicked in automatically, her hand swinging in a gesture and with a wave of energy, he went flying against the wall with an audible thump. Small clouds of debris and dust fell from the ceiling upon impact. The Audino regained his composure, quickly scrambling to his feet and making his way back to her bedside.

He had fear in his eyes, as any of the healers would when working on a Sentinel. Genevieve had no desire to hurt him, it made no sense to do so when he served a purpose at this moment. His hands went quickly back to work, and ushering her into a reclined position. A strange glow surrounded him and waves rippled forth from his body; Genevieve recognized it as a heal pulse. A psychic move to heal comrades and mend wounds ranging from minor to major.

Genevieve felt much better as he continued. Strain formed on his face as he kept up the move, and pain continued to ease its way out of Genevieve’s body. Eventually the move stopped, his face taking on a look of consternation. Genevieve left him to his work as he disappeared and quickly resurfaced with a thick woven bandage.

“That should take care of most of the pain,” he spoke his first words since her dragging him in. His voice was much deeper than she had anticipated, almost raspy. “Just as a precaution, I want to wrap this bandage around you.”

Genevieve understood and simply nodded in acknowledgment as she raised herself back into a seated position. The bandage ended up being wrapped around her midsection several times before he was done. It proved to be tight, not enough to cause further pain, but maybe enough to inhibit her breathing. The Audino stood back with a pleased look on his face, his tending to the Sentinel hadn’t resulted in his death. He was most assuredly relieved by that fact, especially considering the persnickety reputation of Genevieve.

“Thank you,” Genevieve nodded. “Now, leave....no wait. Before you go,” an idea crossed her mind at that second. “Inform the others not to wait for me, I will meet them at the thieves’ forest. I will be traveling alone for right now. They don’t need to know why.” The Audino bowed and left the room, no doubt to carry out her instructions to the letter.

Genevieve crossed her legs beneath her, her body situated firmly on the examination table. Her eyes ran over the view outside the window, her mind deep in thought.
Old October 31st, 2012 (06:04 PM).
CS

Sovereign
"I'm fine," Sovereign said to the nurse, despite the giant crack on the right side of his torso. "See to her first," he said motioning to Vera. Sovereign waited silently outside. Is it my fault she got injured so badly? Sovereign wondered. It was true that while he was basking in the gory pleasure of tearing apart an army, Vera was fighting the strongest member of their force. His father died because of his carelessness, would Vera meet the same fate? And so he sulked, his head facing the floor. Don't get so down on yourself Sovereign! I'll make it all better...
Old October 31st, 2012 (11:31 PM). Edited November 1st, 2012 by SV.
It was justified

Golden Catacombs

As the Swift sped quickly inside, Zane's first reaction was to stop him from going in so fast. The entire scene in front of him looked like it was a place not often disturbed, and every step they made meant something significant. He felt they had to go in carefully. But he realized they had to go inside. As the Swift gave the all clear, the others started proceeding inside with him. Defender spoke to the first time in what seemed like a long while to the rest of them.

"Everyone, keep your eyes sharp. Look out for traps, wires on the ground, holes in the wall, slabs sticking up from the ground, doors that once opened could alert a foe to our presence. Just because we don't see anyone now doesn't mean that our enemies haven't already infiltrated the area."

Zane nodded and followed in after them. Everyone began proceeding into the catacombs. The Prince of Light also decided to help out, provided an increase to their senses in the darkness.

The Gold Tribe walked deeper in the catacombs. The first area inside, even in the dark Zane could make out the statues of Pokemon. They all wore some Gold Tribe insignia upon their bodies. The specific way and area where they were held often revealed who they were. In fact, most of these statues would have been known to most of them, many of them being famous Gold Tribe members from long back written in their history books. Some were heroes. Some were legends. Others were myths, with history not knowing for certain if they or their tales even existed. Zane passed by the statue of a Groudon, one of the first Gold Tribe members thousands of years ago, who was said to have caused the creation of the Korhal Mountains when his Earthquake attack collided with an equally monstrous attack of his enemy. He then saw the statue of an Entei, who Zane recognized as "Firestorm", who was said to have ended an entire battle with a single breath of his flames. There was also "Hydra", the Blastoise warrior who was responsible for countless heroics in her time. Many other statues were present here, making the catacombs their home. In fact, it is said that some of the remains of the ancient Gold Tribe members were still buried deep in the catacombs, before the Golden Cemetery in Gold City was created.

The Gold Tribe passed through this room before they approached a narrow corridor which led to a larger room. At first, it was too dark to see anything, only that the room was large, simply by the shadows of what could be seen. Zane remembered what Defender said before about the trap. He kept his guard up, just in case enemies could be lurking in the dark. But for now, none came. Instead, Zane's eyes began adjusting to the dark, and he noticed for the first time what was inside.

"Woah..." Guardia said in a low voice out loud, the echo of the room carrying her voice a bit.

It appeared to be a giant library, books and scrolls and all other manner of records. They must have been in the grand library of the Gold Tribe, where the history and text of their tribe was written. It was said that the leader of the Gold Tribe would every few years pay a visit here to add in more details about the Gold Tribe to the archives. But Zane never actually believed that this was done. He assumed it was something reserved for the history books. He wondered if anything recently was put in...

Zane suddenly stopped dead in his tracks at the sound of some rustling behind him. He turned quickly, to see a figure in the shadows. Zane went on his highest guard again instantly and faced the figure, as did the others.

Zane couldn't make out who it was at the moment, but he did notice something on him. He wore around his neck a sort of medallion. The thing was, it looked awfully familiar to Zane, as if he had seen it somewhere before. He recalled a similar medallion worn by Kivir, who he remember got it from his master, who was a Gold Tribe member from a while ago. This looked like a similar ancient Gold Tribe medallion.

"Welcome." He said softly to them, greeting them with what Zane believed to be a short bow. "I've been expecting you."

Silver City

Scar was alone next to the city gates, observing the lines of Ancient soldiers lined up in perfect symmetry. They were perfect soldiers, strong individual, and as a collective not ever questioning the authority of their superiors. Although, Scar doubted that these beings had the capability of doing so anyways. Nevertheless, as he awaited the arrival of the other Sentinels, it gave him something to do.

From a distance, Scar could already see Sentry traveling alone to the west. Auron typically gave Sentinels assignments to do by pairs or maybe as a group, but Sentry was always an exception. He wondered where he was always going in the first place...

"Where are the others?" A demanding voice asked Scar from behind him. It was the Inferno, the same look of jaded contempt on his face, as if nothing would ever please him. Scar had only a few times seen him lose this countenance, and be replaced with one of malevolent vice. It seemed the Typhlosion lived only for the destruction of others. It was a somewhat narrow-minded view in Scar's opinion, as so much more could be enjoyed from life besides this, but it was one Scar was willing to accepted. He had his own higher ambitions, though.

"They will be along. I understand Genevieve is to travel alone for now, and we are to depart without her. Not quite sure why."

"It doesn't matter." The Inferno replied quickly. "We will depart in five minutes. Sovereign and his lackey can catch up with us later if he isn't here by then."

"...Why the rush?" Scar asked the fellow Sentinel. "We've got plenty of time. The thieves aren't going anywhere."

"They aren't, but the Gold Tribe is. Just how long do you think before they decide to attack another major city? I don't know about you, but I'm not intent on letting those rabble grab another one of our strongholds. If I were Auron, I would go on the attack. And yet he simply waits, and allows them to strike at his cities instead...." The Inferno trailed off, his eyes now scouring the Ancients behind Scar. He then left. "Five minutes." He said again as he walked away.

Old November 2nd, 2012 (11:00 AM).
GhostFire

"TrueStriker, I want you to practice this exercise while we explore. Picture a white room, with nothing in it. No color, no furniture, no people, nothing. Just a white room. It can be big or small, but it must be empty. It will take some time to perfect the image since your mind will naturally want to populate it with various images, but fight that instinct. It took me close to two months to get the exercise down, but as you get better with it you'll find yourself occupying the room with less and less images until it is completely empty and you will not only be able to focus on a empty room, but also on doing other tasks while you keep your defenses up."

Hanso merely nodded at Penance's words, keeping them in mind as he kept track of their surroundings. It was a mild surprise when his senses became sharper, but the Zoroark explained that. Hanso moved on, going over what Penance said. An empty white room... He tried it out, bringing up a white room in his mind. As the Golduck said, it was naturally populated with several images, some of which came from what Hanso saw as the Gold Tribe walked deeper into the Catacombs. He tried shoving the images out, but some stayed, while others were replaced by thoughts of Gardevoirs. What? Hanso immediately got rid of those, but other thoughts came, now of Roswell and Dark Lightning.

Seems like my worries multiplied when the Silver Tribe came, Hanso thought, replacing all images with views of the surrounding catacombs. He could confront those other problems later.

With time, the Gold Tribe came to another room, larger than the one before, and Hanso's white room disappeared. "Woah..." Guardia said in a low voice out loud, the echo of the room carrying her voice a bit. No kidding. This was a new sight even for Hanso, who'd never felt a need before to come here. Books, scrolls, and other records filled his view as his eyes adjusted to the darkness. So much information...where do we st--

Hanso whirled around, his right arm-blade springing out, as his ears caught rustling. Another Pokemon, so he assumed, whose features were hidden by shadows for the moment. Hanso's eyes narrowed as he saw the medallion. His thoughts went back to Eternity City, when he'd seen a different medallion being handed to Vigil. His eyes went back up to where he thought the figure's face was. "Welcome." The figure said softly to them. "I've been expecting you."

The doors outside had shown no sign of passing before they'd come here today. "You seem to have been down here a long time," Hanso said, just loud enough for all present to hear.
Old November 5th, 2012 (12:53 PM).
A mad mind... hehe

Penance 'Defender' Malum

The Golduck nodded at the Zoroark as his senses felt more tuned into the environment. It was a good ability to have, especially in as unfamiliar a place such as this. Penance knew that very few, and he meant very few, Gold Tribe member ever journeyed in here. From what he learned in his classes he knew that only those that lead the Gold Tribe would be allowed inside and would even write down the history of what was happening in the Gold Tribe. As they proceeded in further and further they passed various statues of older Gold Tribe member. Once they got to the library Penance was still on edge. They hadn't encountered anyone in here yet and he just KNEW that someone had to be in here. Maybe a single ancient that the Silver Tribe had left behind.... or perhaps a Silver Tribe member who was waiting for them. Yet, everything was intact here. The library didn't look touched at all, and he would have thought that the Silver Tribe would have at least burned or destroyed parts of the history of the Gold Tribe.

With the help of the extrasensory Penance managed to feel another presence. He quickly whirled around to see a figure in there with them. How the figure managed to get into the tomb as well was quickly answered when Penance noticed the medallion that was hanging from his neck. A Gold Tribe emblem that seemed rather old. That meant either it was passed down like Kivir's was, or it had been stolen. But... if it had been stolen then this pokemon must have gotten in here to steal it from a grave which would be impossible without a symbol in the first place.

Everyone, keep your eyes sharp. He wears a emblem, but that doesn't mean he is a brother. He could be someone in disguise.

He waited a bit before speaking. "What is your affiliation and why are you here?" He asked sternly as he readied two Water Pulses. "So much as move and I won't hesitate to take you down."
Old November 5th, 2012 (06:47 PM).
The Arianator

Ignus, Prince of Light. Golden Catacombs.

The party continued into another room, this time a large library. Ignus took in the sights from the entrance, not proceeding into the room yet. Scrolls lined the walls on all sides, reaching towards the ceiling. Most of the others where staring mouth agate at the years of knowledge displayed before them. Another, unknown pokemon joined them.

"Welcome." He said softly to them, greeting them with a bow, "I've been expecting you."

Creepy as hell...

Several others jumped to defenses rather quickly. Ignus just kept his distance and watched the scene unfold.

Everyone, keep your eyes sharp. He wears a emblem, but that doesn't mean he is a brother. He could be someone in disguise.

Penance. Out loud he said, "What is your affiliation and why are you here?" He asked sternly as he readied two Water Pulses. "So much as move and I won't hesitate to take you down."

Old November 7th, 2012 (01:39 PM). Edited November 7th, 2012 by SV.
It was justified

Golden Catacombs

“Affiliation…?” The figure said, as if pondering the question. By a whiff of the mystery Pokemon’s arm, light was suddenly poured through the room, revealing the large library in full. It was stack with books and scrolls of all kind. Shelves lay across with all manner of records in them. The room seemed to extend for at least a kilometer. This was truly a library, if Zane had ever seen one. But more importantly, the sudden brightness of light revealed the identity of the Pokemon who greeted them. As Zane’s eyes adjusted to the light, he saw an Alakazam, and old one by the looks of it. His medallion was indeed the same one that Kivir had, he was sure of it now. He had his hand on his chin, apparently still pondering Defender’s last question. “Affilliation…no, I’m sorry. I’m afraid I just don’t know how to answer that question. Affiliation would apply association, and I couldn’t say I’ve been associated with any individual for so long…” His eyes carried over to the scrolls “…ah! The books! I am affiliated with the books. Yes, that is my allegiance.”

Zane looked over some of the others, wondering their reaction to this, before speaking. “Who exactly are you?”

“Who? Who I am…who am I? It’s been so long…so long since I’ve had to say…you know, I can’t quite remember by name…” The old Alakazam placed an arm again to his chin, as if to contemplate the supposedly simple question of his identity. After pacing a few steps back, he turned his attention back to the group, as if almost forgetting that they were there, and only suddenly remembering. “If you must, you may simply call me the Guardian, the Architect, the Keeper. Pick your title. I am all of these…I am all of these…and yet…in a way I am none of them…Once, a long time ago, longer than I can comprehend, I was one of you, a member of the…tribe…but I digress, you have not come here to ask who, have you? No, no…it has been many years since anyone has come to ask ‘who’…no you’ve come to ask ‘what’ and ‘why’ and ‘how’, have you not? What…the initial question. More specifically: what has happened? What occurred? This is often followed by why. Why did this occur? Why did this happen? And in the conclusion of such questioning, one is posed the most central one: How? How can this be stopped? How can we reverse this? How can we win?”

Zane stared at the Alakazam curiously. He seemed to be lost a bit, and because of that, Zane wasn’t sure if he should take him seriously. But he did appear to be familiar with the situation they had. Did this old, perhaps senile Pokemon have any idea what he was talking about?

“Do you know why we are here, then?”

“Mmm…no, no. I wouldn’t say that. At least, I wouldn’t know your specific circumstance. I simply know the usual agenda of those who pass by here. They either put something in, or they seek to take something out. Knowledge. Since those who recently came here last had put something in, I assume that you have come to take something out. At least…I think…it was recent? Forgive me, time seems to pass by here quite quickly sometimes…or is it slowly? Hmm, something I should ponder on later…Nevertheless, that is usually the process. One comes to give knowledge…the next comes to seek it...Ah…but I cannot say I have the answers to all of these questions. In fact, I cannot say I know any of the answers that apply to your situation specifically. Many have come with their circumstances, and I have shown them the direction to their answers. But this place…” He said, extending his arms across the grand hall slowly being visible by light now shining through it. “…this place has your answer. The Grand Library.”

The Alakazam looked back over to the Gold Tribe, scanning them over before his eyes landed on Guardia. “You…you have his face. Strong and proud he was, like many before him. An air of charisma and loyalty he commanded. Yet his thoughts were muddled with the concerns of the outside. He feared what was to come. But he wanted to do something about it. Here he stood where I stand now. He was the last to come.”

Zane and Guardia exchanged looks. They had a good idea who he was talking about. It had to be Rey.

“My father?” Guardia asked. “Rey? He was here? When?”

“Mmm…apologies, time evades me here sometimes. I think it was yesterday. No! Wait, a week ago. Perhaps….a month? Maybe a year…” The Alakazam turned away from them, and began to pace back and forth. “I must meditate on this answer…” He looked back at them, as if remembering they were there. “Oh! The scrolls of the recent times will be on the latter side of the room. Good luck, noble ones…” The Alakazam began walking away, mumbling something under his breath, thought Zane could distinctly make some of it out as counting dates in his head. Zane shook his head, then looked back at the group.

“He was here! Rey was here. I think we’re on to something here…we’d better split up and see what we can find on that side of the library. Look for dates of things that were in the last few years.” Zane suddenly remember his dreams. “Actually, anything from the last 100 years could be useful. Anything related to the Order of Neoverse too. Also, any mentions of…small objects or things like that, that could be useful too. Let us know if you find anything. Anything at all that might be useful.”

Old November 7th, 2012 (06:48 PM).
GhostFire

"What is your affiliation and why are you here?" Penance asked sternly as he readied two Water Pulses. "So much as move and I won't hesitate to take you down."

Don't do anything stupid, kid, Hanso thought in his own head. He wasn't about to actually say that, though.

“Affiliation…?” The figure said, as if pondering the question. By a whiff of the mystery Pokemon’s arm, light was suddenly poured through the room, revealing the large library in full. It was stack with books and scrolls of all kind. Shelves lay across with all manner of records in them. The room seemed to extend for at least a kilometer. At least, that was what Hanso saw before turning his attention back to the figure - an old Alakazam. He had his hand on his chin, apparently still pondering Defender’s last question. “Affilliation…no, I’m sorry. I’m afraid I just don’t know how to answer that question. Affiliation would apply association, and I couldn’t say I’ve been associated with any individual for so long…” His eyes carried over to the scrolls “…ah! The books! I am affiliated with the books. Yes, that is my allegiance.”

Definitely been down here for a long time, Hanso thought. His arm-blade was still unsheathed, but he relaxed a little. A cursory mental scan showed that the Alakazam wasn't an illusion. So far as Hanso could tell, anyways. As the Alakazam continued talking, Hanso sighed, sheathing his arm-blade. Long enough to forget a few things, it seems. Still, considering what I know of Alakazams, he's a good choice for being a...Guardian or Keeper.

“Mmm…apologies, time evades me here sometimes. I think it was yesterday. No! Wait, a week ago. Perhaps….a month? Maybe a year…” The Alakazam turned away from them, and began to pace back and forth. “I must meditate on this answer…” He looked back at them, as if remembering they were there. “Oh! The scrolls of the recent times will be on the latter side of the room. Good luck, noble ones…” The Alakazam began walking away, mumbling something under his breath.

Is it possible that he's been down here too long? Hanso thought, watching the librarian go. Then again, how would one replace a Pokemon that could reputedly remember everything in its lifetime? Besides, there was no real indication that the Guardian was close to death, if he'd already been old for a long time.

“He was here! Rey was here. I think we’re on to something here…we’d better split up and see what we can find on that side of the library. Look for dates of things that were in the last few years.” Zane suddenly remember his dreams. “Actually, anything from the last 100 years could be useful. Anything related to the Order of Neoverse too. Also, any mentions of…small objects or things like that, that could be useful too. Let us know if you find anything. Anything at all that might be useful.”

Hanso turned to the side of the library they'd be looking through. That many books and scrolls...We better find something. The Gallade shook his head slightly as he walked over and began searching.

It seemed like a while, though there wasn't much of an indication how much time passed, before Hanso picked up that one book. As he paged through it, one page caught his eye:

July 21st, Year 2347 AFV (After the Founding of Valkaria)

After Galleon fell, I had hope to learn how he was able to manipulate the powers of somebody with that “chaos form” ability, but no such luck came. The power had the drastic affects of increasing a Pokemon’s power, but their personality and appearance altered. Their eyes grew dark as the night sky. Their facial expressions all seemed to just vanish. They almost seemed as if they no longer were sentient. I have no knowledge how Galleon came to this power, and now that he is dead, I suppose I will never know.

-Alex “Burstborn” Dusklore of the Gold Tribe

Hanso set the book down, thinking. Certain words, like "chaos form" and "sentient" had caught his eye at first, and now... His thoughts went back to something Lyn had told him in Albia during the battle: Ignitus did some sort of transformation. I don't even know how to begin to describe it to you. It was as if her whole persona changed, and her appearance.

If what Lyn said is connected to this "chaos form", then... Hanso didn't think he'd heard all the details of the fight with Ignitus, actually. But if this chaos form is back, then we're in trouble. Hanso felt he'd found enough, at least for now. The Gallade closed the book and tucked it under his arm as he left his section to find Zane.
Old November 8th, 2012 (08:53 PM).
Here's to the crazy ones.

Genevieve L’esprit & Sovereign
(Joint Post)
Sovereign stood outside the infirmary, eyes to the floor, swimming in endless despair. He was not unfamiliar with this feeling, and it was one he dreaded. All he could do was count the cracks in the ground as he waited for Vera. For all the luxury Silver City could afford, Ancients were clearly not very good at house keeping.

Genevieve sighed as her mind struggled for clarity. The infirmary bustled with life as the noises passed by the outside of her private room where she sat on the ledge of the window. Pokemon came and went from her view, all taking part in their endlessly trivial lives. It was interesting from that vantage point, almost like Arceus looking down upon a Durant. Things were clearer from afar, they always were. It was when you got close and right down into things that the clarity disappeared. She hadn’t felt quite the same since the last two battles. Still herself, but maybe a tinge of doubt in her mind about her abilities. She knew that probably very few could match her in a metaphysical sense, but these fights...She ran her hand against the bandaged section of her torso. Those should be for the brutes.

Genevieve shook the thought from her mind, self doubt wouldn’t do anybody any good and it was taxing her even to experiment with these feelings. The thoughts were locked away just as quickly as they had come. It wasn’t becoming upon her anyway. She left her ledge and walked back into the infirmary, the other Pokemon, her prior attendant in particular, casting her wary looks. Ignoring them, she left the infirmary and headed back out towards the main hall.

It was then that she cursed to herself when she spotted Sovereign. She had hoped to remove the bandages before the other Sentinels could have seen them. That was just one of the reasons she wanted to travel alone. The other, well that was to try and speak with somebody in private, somebody she needed to influence. Genevieve put on her best fake smile and walked up to the hulking mountain of a Pokemon. He stood with his eyes plastered to the floor, an almost uncharacteristic look about him.

“My dear,” Genevieve called out to him. “I thought you might have left with the others. Why that look of consternation on that handsomely chiseled face of yours?” She reached out her hand to stroke it across his face. Such a useful creature to have around, yet that imperviousness to her psychic powers always gave her pause in his presence.

Sovereign's eyes darted up, revealing a deep red glow. "Sorry sweetheart, Sovereign ain't in right now." He quickly reached out and grabbed her by the throat, squeezing just hard enough so she could breath, but not talk.

Genevieve’s eyes went wide at the unexpected turn of events. Something wasn’t right here. She clawed at his hands with her own, she resisted using her powers for right now, since she could still breath.

"Heheheheh. I gotta say, you're quite the looker." Sovereign's voice was filled with a twisted humor that was unnatural for him, and the smile on his face was beyond unsettling. "You've got quite a talent there. The way you string this big lug around is very impressive. I just ain't got the heart to tell him you'll never really love him back." He pulled her close, so that he could smell her like a stray Houndor at a meal it scrounged off the ground.

"Under different circumstances I could have shown you a good time doll face. But given the circumstances, I'll have to make this quick..."

Suddenly, Sovereign's grip loosened, dropping Genevieve. The glow emanating from his eyes was now yellow. "Hmm. I'll have to punish Varren for that later." His voice was now much more sophisticated, and brought with it a level of comfort to the air.

Genevieve looked up at her assailant from the ground, her initial shock now over, she masked her feelings with an unreadable face. Just what the hell was going on here? From all the time she had known Sovereign, never once had he laid an unwelcome finger on her. The initial voice had been moved out of the way by this new one. She rose to her feet and dusted off her bottom with a quick stroke, her air of dignity and calm restored.

“Explain to me the meaning of this!” She barked with a little less decorum than she usually maintained. Her hands began to glow faint green, the beginning of the only attack she knew that would be truly effective against Sovereign, Energy Ball.

"You can put that away. There is no need to be uncivil. Varren can't hurt you as long as I am in control." Sovereign briefly paused, staring at the green glow, and smiled as a father would. "I need your help I'm afraid. I may not like the things you've been doing to my son, but I cannot allow her to know that I am this deep into Sovereign's psyche."

He then took a step closer, his gaze piercing with the aura of a man who could destroy the very building they stood in, but chose not to. "Vera is becoming quite the obstacle. I need you to use your... talents, to split them up."

“I do not take orders from you,” Genevieve stared down the unknown voice unafraid. She abhorred being instructed to do something by others besides Auron. “I will maintain this attack on standby until I am assured of my situation and not a moment sooner.” Genevieve stepped casually to the side of Sovereign’s body. It was in fact his body, but it didn’t seem to be his mind. “I’m afraid,” she paused and looked him up and down. “I don’t know to what you’re referring when you mention the things I’ve been doing to Sovereign. I can assure, whoever you are, that I have done nothing to the brute,” She lied.

“Now what is this? I’m not helping you do a thing until I get an explanation.”

The smile disappeared from Sovereign's face and was replaced with a look of sheer displeasure. His words now became distorted, their tones abstract, "I owe you no explanation! You can do as I've said, or I can call Varren back out here! Believe me when I say that you don't want to go that route, he has been cooped up for a very long time, and I can only guess at what he may do to you."

Almost all at once, it came to an end. The infirmary door opened, revealing a now mended Vera. Sovereign turned to look at her, his eyes back to their original white and black. "Let's go Vera, the others are waiting for us," he said. As if nothing had happened, he walked away, completely ignorant of what had just happened.

Before Genevieve could respond with whatever mixed rage she had stifled below the surface, Vera appeared from the infirmary. She watched Sovereign and Vera go their own way, he looked as if nothing had just transpired not even two seconds earlier. Genevieve had never seen something like this, a mind split not just two, but three ways. Who were these others living inside Sovereign's brain? She hadn’t even thought one semi-intelligent life form occupied a space up there, but now three?

What did that one have against Vera? Granted, Genevieve found her a nuisance and had thought of disposing of her at her earliest convenience, but she wouldn’t do something just because this “other Sovereign” said so. Why didn’t he remember what happened? He just sauntered off with his pet like normal.

She would have to keep an eye on him, Sovereign was no longer to be trusted. When a beast is no longer trusted to be safe around others, it is best served to be put down.
Old November 9th, 2012 (09:16 AM). Edited November 9th, 2012 by Greiger.
A mad mind... hehe

Penance 'Defender' Malum

Penance could only frown as the being revealed himself. An Alakazam. Great. Just what they needed now was a brainy pokemon more than happy to tell them what to do with a smug smile. However... this one was different. It seemed that he had been here for some time, long enough that it seemed he had lost a part of his mind. Apparently time no lnoger passed for him like it did for them, most likely because he hadn't seen the sun in such a long time and down here one couldn't see when it was day or night. It was rather strange to see an actual being down here, but it just mean that Auron and the others hadn't come in here yet, if they had, they would have found this 'keepers' corpse on the ground. If he told the truth and was affiliated with the books, then that must have meant he had a lot of time to read these scrolls by himself. That meant he was a wealth of information.

As the old one left, muttering to himself they all fanned out. Vigil told them to look for mentions of small spheres. Hm... Vigil knew something. Something that he didn't bother to share. Penance would make sure to ask him about that later. It was actually quite clever on Vigil's part to have kept quiet about it for this long. The Golduck walked around the area, not really going where the others were going. Why would he? It would just mean they would end up finidng redundant information. He used his psychic powers to pull off three scrolls off of a nearby shelve and browsed them quickly. He put them back and took off another three and gazed over them. Most of it was random words or about events that happened some years before the war.

None of them seemed to talk about the expedition or the mysterious land, just everyday events really. As he opened up another scroll something caught his eyes.

Penance put the other scrolls away and grabbed the scroll with the information and made his way back to Vigil. "Well, seems Rey had much more hidden than we thought. We can thank him for this little disaster." He answered coldly as he read the page to everyone.

"August 16, Year 2445 AFV (After the Founding of Valkaria)

Rey believes there to be something serious going on in the unknown lands to the north. He wouldn’t tell me what exactly it was, only that it was from a secret carried down for a hundred years. He said something had awoken that should not have been. He has sent myself and a few of my brothers and sisters on a mission there to secure the area and find the source of the problem. I am uncertain why Rey believes this to be so dangerous, but he wouldn’t send me on a mission like this if it wasn’t. I will fulfill my duty and return as quickly as I can.

-Luphen “Auron” Augustus of the Gold Tribe."

Penance looked at Vigil with anger in his eyes. "Whatever he sent Auron and the others to find... it corrupted them or something like that. Rey knew about it this whole f**king time!" He snapped as he crumbled up the paper and tossed it to the ground. "This whole thing was because Rey knew something! He f**king knew and he didn't do anything about it!" He turned away from the others and began to walk away and threw his hands up into the air. "I give up! If our own leader hadn't even bothered with telling us all what would happen then let's just let Albia go to s**t! He certainly didn't care!"

Penance paused suddenly and grabbed his emblem on his arm and glared at the others. "Everything I thought I knew was a lie. I see it all now! Auron used them like-like tools! Animals to the slaughter! He didn't want to deal with it, so why not just send some Gold Tribe instead!? This... THIS IS JUST TRASH NOW!" With that he threw the emblem to the ground wihtout a care, causing it to crack and walked out, muttering to himself.
Old November 15th, 2012 (01:13 PM).
The Arianator

"Affiliation?" replied the pokemon to Penance's question. He raised his arms, and light illuminated the room. Ignus winced at the brightness, and lowere the extrasensory a little. Much better. Then he could see the pokemon fully. An Alakazam, old as hell. Probably older.

“Affilliation…no, I’m sorry. I’m afraid I just don’t know how to answer that question. Affiliation would apply association, and I couldn’t say I’ve been associated with any individual for so long…” He looked at the shelves of knowledge, “…ah! The books! I am affiliated with the books. Yes, that is my allegiance.”

What a weirdo.

Zane spoke up. “Who exactly are you?”

“Who? Who I am…who am I? It’s been so long…so long since I’ve had to say…you know, I can’t quite remember by name…” The old bastard placed an arm again to his chin, as if to contemplate the supposedly simple question of his identity. After pacing a few steps back, he turned his attention back to the group, as if almost forgetting that they were there, and only suddenly remembering. “If you must, you may simply call me the Guardian, the Architect, the Keeper. Pick your title. I am all of these…I am all of these…and yet…in a way I am none of them…Once, a long time ago, longer than I can comprehend, I was one of you, a member of the…tribe…but I digress, you have not come here to ask who, have you? No, no…it has been many years since anyone has come to ask ‘who’…no you’ve come to ask ‘what’ and ‘why’ and ‘how’, have you not? What…the initial question. More specifically: what has happened? What occurred? This is often followed by why. Why did this occur? Why did this happen? And in the conclusion of such questioning, one is posed the most central one: How? How can this be stopped? How can we reverse this? How can we win?”

“Do you know why we are here, then?” Zane again.

“Mmm…no, no. I wouldn’t say that. At least, I wouldn’t know your specific circumstance. I simply know the usual agenda of those who pass by here. They either put something in, or they seek to take something out. Knowledge. Since those who recently came here last had put something in, I assume that you have come to take something out. At least…I think…it was recent? Forgive me, time seems to pass by here quite quickly sometimes…or is it slowly? Hmm, something I should ponder on later…Nevertheless, that is usually the process. One comes to give knowledge…the next comes to seek it...Ah…but I cannot say I have the answers to all of these questions. In fact, I cannot say I know any of the answers that apply to your situation specifically. Many have come with their circumstances, and I have shown them the direction to their answers. But this place…” He said, extending his arms across the grand hall slowly being visible by light now shining through it. “…this place has your answer. The Grand Library.”

Ignus slipped off on his own after this.

I've heard enough.

Ignus scanned the shelves, looking for anything particularly old. He read a few scrolls, mainly about stupid stuff like what town had what berries and so forth. Finally, he came across something relevant...

June 18th, Year 2347 AFV (After the Founding of Valkaria)

With the death of Emperor Galleon Gamble, the Order of Neoverse has been defeated. Now, we can finally be at peace, and start to rebuild Valkaria. It won’t be easy, but the Alpha Alliance and the Gold Tribe together can restore the prosperity we once had.

I remember that Galleon wore a strange crystal. I don’t know what it was, and I never really got a chance to find out. When we searched later for it, the crystal was gone. Whether someone had taken it in the confusion, or it was simply misplaced, I don’t know. What I do know is that if Galleon was carrying it, it must have been important. I do recall him mentioning it before our fight began…

-Jonah “Stormseeker” Defre of the Gold Tribe

Okay. Strange crystal. Thats not too weird. Disapearing? No, someone must have taken it. Something like that just doesn't get lost under the bed. A crystal is fairly noticeable, so whoever took it must have been crafty. So Stormseeker talked to Galleon before the showdown? Well, thats not too weird either. Actually, this story doesn't seem all that relevant...but its relevant enough if it had to do with the OotN.

"Hey. Guys! I found something!" Ignus called out. He caught a glimpse of Penance throwing his emblem down. "Looks like a bad time,"he muttered. He rolled up the scroll and followed after Hanso. At least he had some sense about him still.

"Hey! Hey Hanso! I found something you might want to hear," called Ignus as he hurried to catch up, "but first, let me hear what you've found," he added, nodding towards the book under Hanso's arm.

Old November 16th, 2012 (12:37 AM). Edited November 16th, 2012 by SV.
It was justified

Golden Catacombs

As everyone split up to find clues, Zane began digging through any documents he could. Most were records of important events that had happened, most of which he was aware of on some level, although the amount of detail explained in certain aspects was a bit extraordinary to Zane. If they ever got through all of this, he would love to look through most of these to see what has happened that he didn’t know about in the history of the Gold Tribe. But for now, he had to find the missing links. Guardia was close to Zane looking through adjacent documents. He noticed TrueStriker on approach, a book in hand ready to share, but Defender reached Zane first, and showed him a note left by Auron. The note spoke of the mission he was about to partake in the unknown lands. Its secretive nature got Defender visibly upset, even causing him to explode in anger and throw his emblem.

“Defender! Calm down, brother.” Zane said, trying to soothe the Golduck. He looked at Guardia, expecting her to snap at him for talking about her father like that, but she did not move her head from a certain book she had in her hand. She was reading it intently, her hands shaking.

“Guardia?” Zane called to her, but getting no response back. “…Lyn?” Zane called again, this time Guardia slowly moving away from her corner and approaching the others. Her eyes were still glued to the book, but after a moment longer, she handed it over to Zane, who took in confusedly. Her eyes never left the book, even when she passed it over to Zane. Zane opened it to the first page, seeing that it was a set of different documents and notes attached together in a binder. There was a small note in front of the binder.

Spoiler:
September 2nd, Year 2445- READ THIS!

Time is not with me, but knowledge unfortunately is.
There is no stopping the Ancients’ return. However, there is still hope to stop the destruction of Valkaria. I’ve compiled all the documents I could. Read it, and prepare yourselves…for things are not as we thought they were.
-Adam “Rey” Reed

Zane noted the date on the note from Rey. It was more recent, a little under two years ago. In fact, this was dated the same date as the invasion of the Ancients. The note was scribbled and messy, it being clear that the note was written with some desperation or rush. Zane flipped the page, and on it, older documents were attached.

Spoiler:
Year 0 TFV (The Founding of Valkaria)

…And so it came to pass, that the Dark One, in all of his calamity and doom, was defeated. Placed was he into our confinement, a small crystal that we collaborated to construct. It took the end of times for all of us to realize our mistakes and come together. Before the Dark One came, we were seventeen small tribes of Pokemon warring with ourselves, each trying to get the advantage against the other. It took his arriving and the impending end of all of us to finally put aside our differences and come together, to fight as one single force, one nation. The cost of victory was the lives of many, but it was done. Seal he is forever more, along with his army of Ancients, never to set foot in our world ever again.

At least, that is our intention. The Dark One feeds off the malice, chaos, and evil of our world. From these things, there is a possibility that he can return. As we see it, the only way to ensure that he never comes back is to ensure that these things never trifle us again. Therefore, the leaders of all of the tribes have agreed to end our fights with each other. We will become one nation, and all of us will be equal citizens in that nation. It shall hence be known as Valkaria, and we will forever govern it under the slogans of freedom, love, and peace. Our tribes will dissolve into a single government, known as the Alpha Alliance.

Yet the idea of eternal peace seems so impossible. There will always be those that try to oppose our way, and maybe those that try to bring back the ideas of war, chaos, and malice. Therefore, we have decided to create a body of Pokemon to prevent this from happening. This group will be the core of defense of the Alpha Alliance. They will forever protect our way of life, being elite Pokemon peacekeepers, fighting those who threaten the freedom and peace of Valkaria. However, beyond their national security duties, this group would subliminally ensure that the Dark One would never return by their actions every day. Each former leader of the separate seventeen tribes will come together to form the original members of this faction. And so they will forever be known as the Gold Tribe.

Zane read over the parchment, confused. He knew part of this story well. It was the tale of the founding of the Alpha Alliance, Valkaria, and the Gold Tribe but it didn’t seem right. There was a constant reference to something they were calling the “Dark One”, which is something Zane wasn’t familiar with. The traditional story of the founding of Valkaria was the same as written, 17 separate tribes, feuding with each other. But the story he was told was that the reason that the tribes united was a terrible natural disaster that swept the land and affected all sides. Never was there a reference to this…dark being they referred to. It didn’t make sense to Zane, but more documents were attached, and so he flipped the page and read on.

Spoiler:
January 14th, Year 34 AFV (After the Founding of Valkaria)

Today, the Alpha Alliance almost witnessed the collapse of its entire government. The idea of a united government like this is still very fresh to many who have been apart of the seventeen tribes for hundreds of years. Pokemon with extreme ideals decided to test the extent of the union, and we almost paid the price. Our containment of the situation was the result of the Gold Tribe, but we later found out that the extremists were under the influence of the Dark One. The crystal of the Dark One, which has been under exhibit in the Alpha Alliance Museum in Gold City, had drawn Pokemon to it, and they had slowly become indoctrinated under his power, perhaps without even realizing it. The Dark One’s power is strong, stronger than we originally envisioned. It seems even in confinement, contact with the crystal can prove to be disastrous.

Because of this new development, new measures have been decided. One, the Silver Crystal would be moved from the museum and hidden from the public into Dusk City, and all information regarding it and the Dark One will be hereby erased from all history books and archives, save this one. We realize doing this would create a stir, but eventually things would die down, and soon enough, tales of the Dark One will pass from history, to legend, to myth. It is better this way. We would be erasing the greatest evil from history, thereby eliminating the risk of anyone ever seeking out this crystal to begin with.

Yet he known as the Keeper, the Alakazam of the Gold Tribe, warned us of the potential problems of erasing the crystal and the Dark One from history, especially if the crystal was ever discovered and manipulated another. Therefore, with his help, another crystal was created. Bright in color, this harbored the power of all of the original Gold Tribe members, and many more, as a counter for the other crystal. Should the other crystal be activated, this one should be able to stop its effects. This crystal also served as a guide to those who would seek to use it, as we have all added our memories into it, memories of the Dark One and the Silver Crystal. The Keeper has requested to take this note to the Golden Library in the Korhal Mountains, where it will be kept forever, under his protection, with few, if any, ever to be aware of its message.

Zane read with wide eyes and a heavy heart. Things were starting to become clearer and clearer. The source of all of these happenings was being illuminated before his very eyes. This most certainly must have been what Rey feared was going on in the unknown lands. There was some connection. His dreams, or visions he had were beginning to become clearer and clearer. But some questions still flooded his mind. He read on, his hands shaking as he did.

Spoiler:
February 24th, Year 2350 AFV (After the Founding of Valkaria)

This is a recollection of the events that transpired in the region of Argos. I and the other Gold Tribe members that ventured there have agreed never to speak of this to the Pokemon of Valkaria back home. However, I felt the need to write down what occurred, in case the worst would happen, and the Ancients would return.

Upon the invitation of a mysterious group, I ventured with a handful of the Gold Tribe to participate in a combating tournament called “The Dark Tournament”, in the region known as Argos. The tournament was said to pit the greatest fighters from all across the world. There were Pokemon representing kingdoms and countries I have never heard of. I would not have participated had we not heard information that remnants of the Order of Neoverse too were going to participate. We all participated for the grand prize: The Ultimate Power. No one knew what it was, and no one knew what it did. It hung from a small crystal above the arena, and the great power was said to be inside. It was shrouded in mystery, but everyone had high hopes for what it could be. Some thought it could save their lands. Others thought it was a source of unlimited power, granting the wielder unnatural abilities, things thought to be impossible. It was that promise that must have lured so many to the arena. My brothers and sisters knew that such power couldn’t be in the hands of anyone that would misuse it, especially Pokemon like those of the Order of Neoverse. We had to fight, and we had to win.

And fight we did. Rounds passed, and every fight we had against others seemed to have an affect on the crystal. Each warrior that won made the crystal grow brighter. The hosts said that all energy exerted in the fights actually grew the strength of the Ultimate Power. I began to wonder how a device that was said to feed off the pain and power of others could truly be a benevolent force. No, it was painfully obvious that the power was evil in nature, and if we allowed the Order of Neoverse to claim it, we would be lost.

But we, or rather I, didn’t account for something: the fact that the Order of Neoverse never intended to win. The Dark Tournament was a deception the entire time. The hosts of the tournament were part of the Order of Neoverse itself. The intent was simply to gain power into the crystal, and the tournament was the means to acquire that power. In the final battle, my fellow brother Toro “Bellator” Blaze faced off against Hydra, a survivor of the Order of Neoverse. In a grueling fight, Bellator came on top, and won the tournament. But when the tournament had been completed, the crystal, which we began to call the Silver Crystal, activated. The Silver Crystal latched onto Bellator, and he began to quickly lose himself and become a mindless embodiment. He screamed in agony and pain, and I could only stand and watch as my brother lost himself in this power. As we found out later, the Silver Crystal contains the sealed soul of a nameless Ancient being long forgotten in time, but what we had come to understand as the source of all this misery. Though his soul was sealed away in the Silver Crystal, his power is emanated through it, all who touch it often losing themselves to its power. The Silver Crystal is said to have severe influence over a large area, able bend anyone to its will. Its influence is so strong, and is said to be able to control people from hundreds of miles away, too. It latches onto someone, and bends that person to its will. Sometimes, a person will not even know they are being controlled until it is too late. It also made those within the proximity of the Silver Crystal to warp their personality and seemingly become slaves to the will of the Silver Crystal. It could also change Pokemon, distort their appearance and give them insurmountable power that may seem to come out of nowhere. The Silver Crystal’s control is powerful. Had we not discovered a way to counter it, we too would have succumbed to this manipulation. Beckoned by the call of the Silver Crystal, a portal of darkness was summoned forth by the possessed Bellator. An army of Pokemon long believed to be extinct began appearing out of this portal which seemed to lead into another realm. These Ancients began to attack anything and everything. We gathered with the local forces here in this region, and fought them back. However, unlike their numbers, which seemed limitless, our numbers slowly began to fade. The result was a conflict that lasted an entire year.

We discovered the secret behind the Silver Crystal that unlocked the Ancients. A Pokemon came before us, an Alakazam, who shared the secret. Apparently, this crystal was brought here from our land, Valkaria, by the Order of Neoverse, taking it from Emperor Galleon’s body two years prior. But the Alakazam, known as the Guardian, spoke of another crystal, one we now call the Gold Crystal. The Gold Crystal was the Silver’s opposite. It had many abilities. It was able to repel any mind control effect it had on others. It had inside of it the memories of the Ancient Gold Tribe who originally fought the being. It had amazing capability to absorb large amounts of energy inside of it, but also to release energy into other objects as well, which develops into its main function. In it's power was the capability to seal the Ancient army, and lock the soul of the ‘Dark One’ back in the Silver Crystal. We had to overpower the wielder, which meant that I had to kill my brother Bellator. But first, we secured the Gold Crystal from Hydra of the Order of Neoverse After securing the Gold Crystal, we fought Bellator. By defeating the “wielder” of the Silver Crystal, the Gold Crystal would activate, and close the portal of the Ancient’s origin as well as decimate the armies already present. At the cost of many lives, it was done. The possessed Bellator obtained power I couldn’t even fathom, but together, we were able to bring him down. Bellator was defeated and the terror within was then sealed in the Silver Crystal once more. The Silver Crystal was wrapped in a cloth to avoid being touched and activated again.

The Pokemon of the land of Argos thanked us for this tremendous task, but they had another colossal favor to ask of us. They wanted us to take back the crystals to our homeland. Seeing that this power had originally come from here, I could not deny their request. The being inside the Silver Crystal was not killed, after all, only sealed away again.

We made the long venture home over the vast sea, before arriving back in our home of Valkaria. I immediately instructed my second-in-command, Vesica Argentum, to take the wrapped Silver Crystal out of Valkaria, and hide it in the unknown lands to the north of us. I made it clear that he should tell no one of its hiding place, no citizen of the Alpha Alliance, no Gold Tribe member. He and I will be the only two living now to know of it. As for the Gold Crystal, I had it hidden myself. I have vowed to never tell another soul of its location, except my successor as leader. They are to vow to only tell their successor, and so the cycle will go on. The knowledge of the Gold Crystal and Silver Crystal will pass from Gold Tribe leader to Gold Tribe leader, just in case the worst will come to pass. However, I secretly wish the two Crystals will become nothing more than a personal story, and the events of Argos, to those who remember it, nothing more than a bad dream…

-Kent “Kaiser” Reed, Leader of the Gold Tribe.

There it was. The connecting answers. It was strange that events 100 years ago would illuminate so much. Everything seemed to make sense. It was an unfortunate twist of fate, the fact that the original founders of Valkaria chose to protect this secret from many, and as a result it came to haunt them years later. Of course, no one could have predicted this. That which happened to the Gold Tribe one hundred years ago in Argos, during the Dark Tournament, must be the exact same situation that happened now. Now, Auron was the possessor of the Silver Crystal. He went to the unknown lands, and sought the Silver Crystal to ensure its security. Auron must have touched it accidentally and the result was this. He now had this…dark being inside him, and the other ‘Sentinels’ were simply the byproduct, the unfortunate ones who were nearby, who suffered the fate of indoctrination of the Silver Crystal. They came back with his power, and the Ancients, serving the Auron/the Dark God, are waging war and creating chaos so that the Dark One could return to this world. It was almost too mystical of an idea to believe, but what other possibility could there be? Rey once told him that when all rational possibilities were eliminated, that which remains, however irrational it may sound, must be true. It also seemed that with the Order of Neoverse, they played a much more bigger role with this dark being. Further proof existed ahead.

Spoiler:
“I hear his voice inside my mind. He commands me, and as his humble servant, I obey without question. He irks me to do his bidding, purge the land of those who oppose him, and thus soon shall we be united in this world.”

-Emperor Galleon Gamble

A note by Galleon, looking like it had been teared from some sort of journal, perhaps one that Galleon himself had on his person. It was a final justification for Zane to make final sense of his visions, his dreams. Galleon was under the control of the Silver Crystal, slowly beckoned by it to do his will. It must have been why the Order of Neoverse invaded in the first place. On the outside, it seemed like a simple grab for power, like Auron’s invasion, but in reality, it seemed to be a way to try to revive the being in the crystal. Zane sighed deeply, and flipped to the last page, which apparently had a last note from Rey, judging by the handwriting.

Spoiler:
August 16th, 2445 AFV (After the Founding of Valkaria)

I sent Auron to secure the Silver Crystal. I heard disturbing reports from the unknown lands, particularly those to the north of us. These reports indicated a possible reemergence of an old enemy, the Order of Neoverse. Even beyond Emperor Galleon Gamble’s death, how is it possible that they thrive? Did he have heirs, or followers? Did their cause spread through generations? Or did the influence of the dark god simply make them slaves, as they did to Galleon? I curse being bound by secrecy, as I fear that Auron may encounter these followers. Or perhaps these rumors have no merit. Maybe I overreact and the crystal is secure as it always has been. I pray for his safe return.

…But if not, what then?

-Adam “Rey” Reed.

As Zane passed the documents from Gold Tribe member to Gold Tribe member, each ones expressions to these revelations could be seen and felt. Even the quirky Hoodhide seemed speechless at the moment. It was so much information to take in at once, that Zane really didn’t know where to begin. He was speechless. He couldn’t bring himself to get out any words. Things have gotten a lot bigger than he thought.

“So was that it?” Zane asked out loud. “Had Auron really touched the crystal by accident, or was it that survivor of the Order of Neoverse?” He wasn’t really asking as much. He wasn’t sure any of them had the answer. Was this entire ordeal pure accident, or was it orchestrated by a successor of Galleon Gamble? Zane looked at them, wondering if any had an answer. When his eyes met with Guardia’s, something was wrong. It was as if a light bulb went off in her brain, as she walked around quickly, looking over the other Gold Tribe members.

“No…it…it can’t be…I mean…no, it can’t be…can it?” She said, wandering around all of them one more time, as if looking for one among them. Zane eyed her suspiciously.

“What’s the matter?” He asked her. She stopped, facing Zane, he could see tears forcefully being held back in her eyes, her face more worried than he had ever seen her.

“He’s…he’s not here. He must have left sometime before. I don’t remember when. Could it be…I mean…” She said to him.

“Who?”

The words seemed hard for her to utter out of her mouth, as if they were stuck in her throat.

“Noctus...Noctus Gamble.”

Old November 16th, 2012 (10:11 AM).
A mad mind... hehe

Penance 'Defender' Malum

Penance continued to walk, that is, until Zane called after him. He turned and glared angrily at the Bisharp. Just why should he calm down!? Their leader had been keeping some secret that in essence destroyed their entire society. It wasn't fair! Not fair at all! What really caught Penance's attention however was Guardia. The Zangoose looked to be in some kind of daze. She had a book in her hands. Hm... she had obviously found something that had either blown her mind with knowledge... or had just further solidified what Penance had said. For a few minutes Zane just read whatever was written and Penance had to admit he was rather curious. Then he began to pass the notes around. Penance read over the notes quickly, his eyes flashing over key words. However instead of becoming angrier he actually began to smile. He soon began to chuckle and then he was laughing rather loudly. He dropped the paper he had been reading and his back pressed against a book shelf as he practically screamed with laughter, so much so that tears began to leak out of his eyes. He got it now!

Lyn just spoke out loud his suspicions as the Golduck continued to laugh. "Oh! That is rich! He got us!" He laughed a bit more before his mirth died down to mere giggles. "He traveled with us all around just to spite us! He KNEW we would find this information! He was in the joke the entire time! Genius!" He burst into more laughter, enough so that his ribe began to hurt from the force of his laughter, but it was just too hilarious! The guy that started this all... and he had been with them! Hell! He had ordered him to be saved at the ambush site! Pure genius!

Penance, after a while, just pressed his back on the shelf for support as he wheezed for a bit. "Oh... that is too good! It's just like a plot from a book!" He wiped the tears from his cheeks once more. "Oh... my ribs..." A few chuckles escaped his bill but he pulled himself together. "Oh... first Rey... and now this. I think a few Legendaries are pulling us around eh?" He chuckled a bit more at his comment. "This is just too rich. Probably been in planning for who knows how long? Oh, I have to give props to him, that is a genius plan! Never suspected him!"
Old November 16th, 2012 (10:31 AM).
GhostFire

"Hey! Hey Hanso! I found something you might want to hear," called Ignus as he hurried to catch up, "but first, let me hear what you've found," he added, nodding towards the book under Hanso's arm.

Hanso glanced over, noting the scroll Ignus had. "Once everyone's back together," he replied, looking back at Vigil...who was listening to an upset Penance. Hanso himself heard what the Golduck had found, followed by--

"Whatever he sent Auron and the others to find... it corrupted them or something like that. Rey knew about it this whole f**king time!" Penance snapped as he crumbled up the paper and tossed it to the ground. "This whole thing was because Rey knew something! He f**king knew and he didn't do anything about it!" He turned away from the others and began to walk away and threw his hands up into the air. "I give up! If our own leader hadn't even bothered with telling us all what would happen then let's just let Albia go to s**t! He certainly didn't care!"
Penance paused suddenly and grabbed his emblem on his arm and glared at the others. "Everything I thought I knew was a lie. I see it all now! Auron used them like-like tools! Animals to the slaughter! He didn't want to deal with it, so why not just send some Gold Tribe instead!? This... THIS IS JUST TRASH NOW!"

Hanso walked over and crouched down to pick up the emblem Penance had just thrown down, noting the crack. So Rey knew what he was sending Auron and the others to find... Hanso straightened, looking back at the Golduck's back. Yes, Rey knew about it, but the Gallade wasn't about to let Penance abandon the whole cause! He began to follow the Golduck, then stopped short as he realized that Lyn was silent to Zane's inquiries. She brought a book over to Zane, who began reading...and got just as speechless. Thankfully, Penance had turned back as well. As Zane began passing the documents around, Hanso did the same with the book he'd found, eventually getting the book Lyn had found.

He had to put it down on a table after the first few pieces of information, his hands were shaking. It all made sense now. All of it. Somehow, this crystal's prisoner had taken ahold of Auron and influenced his comrades, turning them into the Sentinels and bringing back the armies of Ancients. After taking some deep breaths to calm himself, Hanso passed on the book, thinking. The Silver Crystal is the cause of this...so why don't we remove it? The danger there was that it might end up possessing one of them. Unless we have a cloth or something covering it...not to mention we'd need to remove it first, and having the Gold Crystal would help...

Then Penance began laughing. Hanso took a step forward, then hesitated. Which Penance was this? Then it got worse as Lyn put voice to something: Noctus Gamble. Hanso found himself leaning an arm on the table for support. Noctus Gamble. Galleon Gamble. It couldn't be a coincidence...could it? And the Cacturne hadn't left Albia with them.

"Oh! That is rich! He got us!" Penance laughed a bit more before his mirth died down to mere giggles. "He traveled with us all around just to spite us! He KNEW we would find this information! He was in the joke the entire time! Genius!" He burst into more laughter, enough so that his ribe began to hurt from the force of his laughter, but it was just too hilarious! The guy that started this all... and he had been with them! Hell! He had ordered him to be saved at the ambush site! Pure genius!

Penance, after a while, just pressed his back on the shelf for support as he wheezed for a bit. "Oh... that is too good! It's just like a plot from a book!" He wiped the tears from his cheeks once more. "Oh... my ribs..." A few chuckles escaped his bill but he pulled himself together. "Oh... first Rey... and now this. I think a few Legendaries are pulling us around eh?" He chuckled a bit more at his comment. "This is just too rich. Probably been in planning for who knows how long? Oh, I have to give props to him, that is a genius plan! Never suspected him!"

Hanso sighed, rubbing his forehead with one hand. The other was still on the table, Penance's emblem beside it. The implication was that Noctus had a part in starting this whole mess with the Silver Tribe...but did he? "Well, the way I see it," Hanso began, "we have two problems, more if anyone else thinks of any. First, we know that Auron's possessed by the crystal's prisoner, or something. The book I found described a 'chaos form', which I suspect is what happened with Ignitus. Lyn, you and whoever else was fighting with you would know better if you read what I found."

Hanso paused, straightening as he kept his face neutral. "The other problem is Noctus. Personally, I'd say we get proof first. Whether he started this mess or not, we need to find and confront him, find out for sure." Glancing at Penance, he added to himself, Third problem: what's that kid gonna do now?
Old November 17th, 2012 (06:46 PM).
CS

Sovereign & Vera

Sovereign walked down the corridors, towards the gathering Sentinels, Vera at his side, completely unaware of the bizarre events that had just transpired. He had heard of Gold City from his father, many years before the start of the rebellion. He had expected so much more. But perhaps its current state was an extension of its new found residents.

Sovereign was glad to see that his only friend was in perfect health. One thing this place didn't lack was a good medical staff. Vera wasn't sure what to think. Upon exiting the infirmary, she had found Sovereign and Genevieve together alone. And yet... Sovereign was so quick to leave. Genevieve seemed quite outside her usually cool demeanor, as if something had rattled her. But now there was work to be done. There was no time to ponder the business of a manipulative harlot.

Upon arriving at the meeting place, they were surprised to find that the Sentinels had already departed without them. The two of them remained silent. It seemed there was nothing to discuss. And so the followed after the others, keeping pace to try and meet up before reaching their final destination...

---

"She didn't seem too willing to help you Erratt," said the figure in the darkness.

"Shut up Varren," said Erratt, as he looked through Sovereign's eyes, watching his progression, and keeping an eye on his biggest obstacle. "You should have let me have my fun Erratt. I can't remember the last time I had a good woman." His wicked smile pierced through the darkness. "She'd never help me if I had let you proceed you disgusting little whelp!"

"She will come around. You'll see..."
Old November 18th, 2012 (01:59 AM).
It was justified

Plains of Valkaria

Much distance was crossed in little time. The Ancients were efficient, Scar would give them that. They do not sleep. They hardly tire. They were the perfect soldiers with little to no downside. He assumed they would be slowed down by the army, but in the end they didn't have any trouble keeping up. By the end of the second day of travel, the army had marched to the rendezvous location, about a mile outside of the forest. As they approached, Scar signaled for the army to halt with a raise of his arm. One of the Kabutops in front screeched out loud, and the echo of the screech resonated through the army, and the ancients came to an abrupt halt. It was quiet, no one spoke among the Sentinels as they seemed to just wait. Eventually, a figure emerged across the plains, approaching the Sentinels. It was one who was familiar to Scar, in fact, to all of the Sentinels, except perhaps Sovereign, who wasn't technically one of "them". The figure had been allied with the Sentinels since the very beginning, as long back as Scar could remember. He never knew the Pokemon's name, nor did he ask, as Auron consistently said it wasn't important. Sometimes he wore a cloak when he traveled to meet the Sentinels and other times he was in the open. Again, none of the Sentinels asked of him such questions or reasons. They simply knew that he was one of them, despite gaining the allegiance of the other side. In this particular case, he was in a cloak, traveling to the front of the army towards the Sentinels. He stopped a meter from them, eyed them.

"Right, you're here." He said, turning and beginning to walk towards the forest. "Come on. We're going inside."

Scar did not move. "Wait, why don't we just burn out the forest from the outside? It would be much easier."

"Burning it won't work. Many have tried before to get rid of it that way, and not just the Silver Tribe, but the Gold Tribe before that. We have to destroy them from their source, the Thieves Village. Besides, we have to ensure that Roswell dies. Have the bulk of your army patrol the edges of the forest in case any try to run. We'll come at them with a smaller force of stronger Ancients, including you Sentinels. I'll lead you inside."

As he continued to walk, Scar still remained skeptical of the plan, and stayed still for a moment longer. He looked back and saw that Scar did not move, and spoke once more. "This order comes from Auron. You don't want to disobey him, do you?"

At those words, Scar began to follow the cloaked Pokemon into the forest. The Inferno and a smaller battalion of Ancients followed suit, while the others began to enclose the forest's edge from the outside.

"Any particular plan once we reach the village?" Scar asked.

"I am only taking you there. You can decide among yourselves how to approach the objective from there. As long as they die, it won't matter."

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links