Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Theatre > Roleplay Stage
Reload this Page Pokémon Odyssey: A New Beginning [T] [Best Veteran 4Q '12]

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Roleplay Stage This is where the In-Character roleplaying happens. Before you create a thread here, recruit some players in Roleplay Casting. Your very own legend is about to unfold! A world of dreams and adventures awaits! Let's go!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old February 23rd, 2013 (03:05 PM). Edited March 10th, 2013 by Nomsammich.
The Cleric!
Team Kanto

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Skype™ to Nomsammich
Astrid
Tunnels

A taller Lilligant stood outside of the freshly collapsed entrance to the tunnel system below Cape City. She had seen a Nine-Tails and Golurk head inside after talking to another Pokémon, one she had not seen much off. She stood, slightly miffed, outside of the entrance. How was she supposed to get in? she thought. She rocked back and forth slowly her golden amulet swinging gently. Then she rocked back and forth or her tip-toes -- if you could call her feet that -- thinking. Hyper beam would do that trick but she didn't want to collapse the tunnel. Maybe a couple of Energy Balls she thought again. The tunnel wouldn't collapse from repeated small blasts surely. She stationed herself for a long siege on the collapsed rubble. Energy Ball after Energy Ball blasted into the rubble. Slowly, but surely, it began to chunk away.

After what seemed like thirty minutes to an hour of blasting she finally carved out a hole wide enough for her to squeeze through. Once inside the tunnel her nose was greeted with a dank and moist smell. She wanted to turn around right away. Surely her mind had played a trick on her and she just wanted to see Gold Tribe members. Would they really let themselves come into this... stink? Regardless of her protests her mind nagged her about her oath she had taken and on she pushed.

She came to a fork in the tunnels, having no map the decision was hard, but she saw the paw prints of what looked to the Nine-Tail's. So, she took the left prong of the fork. As she trudged down the way the sounds of battle became more and more apparent. Then, she heard a yelping of a canine. That put her into high-gear. She grabbed her satchel in her vine hand and made a sprint for the battle.

When she arrived she stared at the body of an exhausted Nine-Tails, the one she had followed into the tunnel. Where was the Golurk? she thought as she leaned down by the Nine-Tails to check if she was steal breathing. Yup, shallow, but there. She looked through the small hole that she Nine-Tails had blasted out of the recently collapsed tunnel. Probably collapsed from the battle she had heard. The Golurk looked panicked, probably searching for the Nine-Tails. "Over here!" Astrid called through the hole, her small voice echoing through the chasm.
Old February 24th, 2013 (06:49 PM).
Team Kalos

Nature: Hasty
Quote originally posted by Supervegeta:
"Wake up Goldies~" A voice sang out.

As Truestriker, the Prince of Light, Blitzkrieg, Dinorah, Bane, the Keeper, Gallant, The Healer, and The Swift would rise back toward consciousness they would find themselves in a furnished room that glowed from the various candles inside. They were all on their own bed that was well cushioned and they would see a entire table full of food before them. There were breads and sweets and meats and water just lying there. Gallant however looked for the voice that had spoken up before. There was only one other occupant in the room and that was an Abra sitting upside down on a chair grinning at them.

"Ah! The Goldies are up! Feeling fresh? Relaxed?" He giggled to himself. "I would be too if I had a great nap! Some people get all the good stuff!" He flipped himself off the table and landed on his feet as he looked at them. "Well? Aren't ya all going to dig in? Not digging of course but 'dig'." He grabbed a bread off the table and bit into it and got back on the chair. "So what's hip and happening? I think I got a view sometime ago but what did you all see?" He asked eagerly as he took another bite.
Dinorah began to stir a little after Accatosh, as she had taken a pretty deep breath of the gas before she collapsed. She also looked around at the others in the room and similarly noted that there were several of their group missing, this causing a nervous twitch of her tail. She turned back to Abra as well though, nodding in agreement with Accatosh. She was angry too, but did her best to stay calm, figuring threats were not going to get them anywhere in this situation. "I second the question of my fiery tempered friend here, while also questioning the offering of food. We were just gassed and half our group is missing. Under such circumstances I'm hardly interested in eating, and how can we even be sure it's not all poisoned apart from the bread your eating?"
“What if everything you see is more than what you see--the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it is really a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you will find many unexpected things.” ― Shigeru Miyamoto
Old February 24th, 2013 (11:41 PM).
GhostFire
Team Johto

Hanso SharpEye
~~~~~
His 'nap' was dreamless this time, but that might be attributed to the gas that had knocked him out. Hanso quietly groaned, reaching up to rub his eyes tiredly as he sat up. At least that meant he wasn't chained up. Looking around at the room, Hanso was surprised at the furnishings and beds. He was a little more surprised at the amount of food that was before him. Them. There was an Abra in the room; not surprising that they were being watched.

The Abra spoke to the group. "Ah! The Goldies are up! Feeling fresh? Relaxed?" He giggled to himself. "I would be too if I had a great nap! Some people get all the good stuff!" He flipped himself off the table and landed on his feet as he looked at them. "Well? Aren't ya all going to dig in? Not digging of course but 'dig'." He grabbed a bread off the table and bit into it and got back on the chair. "So what's hip and happening? I think I got a view sometime ago but what did you all see?"

Hanso remained where he was, though he swung his legs over the edge of his bed. His mind was still considering the fact that the Gold Tribe wasn't chained up or anything of the sort. Then Accatosh spoke his mind, and Hanso's attention was drawn to their numbers. The Prince of Light, Accatosh, Dinorah, Bane, the Keeper, Gallant, the Healer, the Swift, and himself. The other half of the group was gone, though. We did not plan on this! Hanso thought to himself, listening as Dinorah spoke after the Salamence. Yet, if whoever was in charge had wanted the Gold Tribe dead, then they all would have been dead by now...wouldn't they? Unless they wanted the Gold Tribe to think that the others were still alive, or maybe--

Stop second-guessing yourself. Can't find out anything without talking or acting. Looking up again, Hanso said, "Calm down, both of you." Standing up, the Gallade walked over to the table, looking over the array of food. His head ached a little, probably from the gas. Hanso picked up a cup as he contemplated having a drink of water, but some things had to be considered, like the possibility of poisoned food. "Besides," Hanso added, "we need to remember our...host, here." He put the cup back down as Hanso looked up at the Abra. "And he asked a question first." Though I'm not sure what he's getting at with the digging comment.

What had they all seen? Considering the whole situation, it might be better to go along with the conversation. "Well, we're in a war, for one thing," Hanso continued, speaking directly to the Abra. "Fighting, death, destruction. Eternity City and Albia have been taken by the Alpha Alliance, with all three aforementioned things." His voice was tinged slightly with bitterness as he remembered the events of the past few months. "If you're asking what we saw of Cape City, though, then you're outta luck. The closest we've been to setting foot inside the city walls is coming into the tunnels...then 'procedure', as it was called, is what got us gassed and separated. Anything else you want to know?" Hanso asked with a light dose of sarcasm.
Old February 25th, 2013 (07:35 AM).
Team Johto

Accatosh "Blitzkrieg" Coronis

Accatosh glanced over to Truestriker and let his growl fade away. looking back over to the Abra, he could feel his anger growing, but he held his tongue and let the Galade answer the Abra's questions, Accatosh continued looking around, and decided to distract his mind by walking over to Dinorah. "Dinorah," he said in a hushed calmed voice, "would you like to join the Gold Tribe officially?" he let his question hang, and laid his body down, to wait for answers, he then after a while, Accatosh turned to the Abra. "my humble apologies, for the outburst." he said bowing his head, "I was quite put out by a Tyroge recently."
Old February 25th, 2013 (10:50 AM).
Just won't die.
Team Kanto
Gold Tier

Nature: Naughty
Paladin
Underground

A weak voice came from the other side of the wall. "Pal...Pala...din," Allora's voice faded and Paladin could tell she was unconscious. Had the gas knocked her out? Paladin might just have killed the only ally he had in this dire situation. "No!" he grunted as he began to heave the heavy boulders from their place, desperately trying to get through to Allora. "Over here!" a voice came. Was it the Ninetales? 'No, it is someone else,' Paladin thought. He picked up his pace, now misplacing two boulders with each arm. Soon, he managed to make a larger gap at the top of the rubble. Seeing the weak spot in the cluster of rocks, Paladin used Hammer Arm to obliterate several boulders so that he could get through the opening.

He found Allora unconscious, as he had predicted, but he also found another Pokemon by her side. This Pokemon had a large, cherry-red flower atop its head, and an innocent-looking expression. A Lilligant. However, Paladin noticed that Lilligant towered above the normal height of its species, though she still did not match up to the massive Golurk's stature. Paladin suddenly remembered that members of the Silver Tribe were, on some occasions, given unnatural growth hormones to boost their strength. Perhaps this Lilligant was a Silver Tribe member, and had received growth hormones, thus explaining her larger size. Upon realizing this, Paladin was immediately on his guard, and snatched the unconscious Ninetales into his arms, away from the possible traitor.

"Who are you?" Paladin demanded, "What do you want?" However, before the Lilligant could answer, there came a rumbling noise. Shortly after, the tunnels began shaking violently. Paladin almost immediately lost his footing and fell over, holding Allora above him so that she did not fall with him. "What the hell is going on here?" Paladin spat. However, before he could get an answer, another violent tremor shook the tunnels. 'An explosion?' Paladin wondered. Either way, they had to get moving. This particular area of the tunnel did not look stable and could collapse at any minute due to this explosions. When the second tremor stopped, Paladin set Allora down for a moment and used another Hammer Arm, obliterating some of the remaining boulders enough for him to get through along with Allora. "Come with me if you want to live," Paladin said to the Lilligant, offering a small token of trust, before taking Allora back and heading to the safer tunnel.

The third and final explosion took place, and it was worse than all the others. Paladin leaned against a tunnel wall with one of his arms to stop himself from tumbling over again, clutching Allora tightly with the other arm. Looking ahead, Paladin thought he could see a figure in the shadows of the tunnels. He amplified the lights of his eyes, and they shone upon a small, hooded figure. From the shape of its tail and its hands, Paladin could tell it was a Sandshrew. The tremors stopped, and he relaxed as he realized that a Sandshrew had a perfectly good reason to be here, being a burrowing Pokemon. However, his relief was short lived, as he shouted, "Yo! Goldies!" Gesturing towards himself, he continued, "Come with me! Unless you want these tunnels to fill with Ancients! They'll be here soon!" Now, what bothered Paladin was the first line. 'Goldies,' the Pokemon had said. How did this little critter know who they were? "This way," the Sandshrew shouted, as he began running in a different direction. Paladin did not trust this Pokemon in the slightest, so he followed him.

This Pokemon knew the secret identities of the two. How? He needed to be interrogated, and Paladin had to find out who he worked for. It was for this sole purpose that the Golurk followed the shrew. Paladin ran after the Sandshrew, who looked back to see if he was there. The critter was fast, and Paladin was getting cramped as the tunnels he ran through began to get smaller and smaller. He growled and said, "Get back here!" The Sandshrew stopped, and Paladin thought that he had listened, but he simply slammed his hand against a wall, prompting the wall to slide open. the Sandshrew proceeded to enter the opening. Slightly surprised, Paladin walked up to where the Sandshrew had created the opening. This was getting too suspicious. This Pokemon did not say who he was. Was he perhaps an associate of Veletra's, or a Silver Tribe spy? Paladin was not willing to find out, or put the life of his friend in danger. Paladin was about to leave the Pokemon and go in a different direction, when he heard shouts. Ancients! The Sandshrew had been right, they were here. It sounded like a large group of them shouting all at once, the footsteps of the heavier Pokemon such as Bastiodon and Rampardos thundered through the halls. For a small moment, Paladin wondered if that Lilligant from before had followed them like he had suggested.

The shouts came from both exits to the tunnel they were in, and, deducing that he had nowhere else to go, Paladin squeezed into the opening in the wall, holding Allora close to his chest.
Old February 25th, 2013 (01:30 PM).
The Cleric!
Team Kanto

Astrid
Tunnels

The Golurk bashed his way through the rubble of the tunnel to get to the Nine-Tails. Astrid was unsure if he would harm her or not based on how he had, so harshly, treated the boulders that stood in his way. "I'm--," she attempted to say to the towering Golurk before he interrupted her; asking her who she was and what she wanted in an interrogative manner. Astrid scrunched up her face as the Golurk snatched up the Nine-Tails that she was trying to help. Why can't he see that I'm trying to help, she thought.

Before she could voice and opinion the tunnels started to shake and quake. At first Astrid thought it was another tunnel collapsing in the distance. It soon became apparent that the quakes were caused by explosions. One was light, barely knocking her off her feet. The second came, stronger, and she was wobbling just trying to hold herself up. The third knocked her to the ground. "Come with me if you want to live," he yelled crudely as Astrid was getting to her feet.

The Golurk had turned his head, transfixed by something. Astrid was wondering what but, again, before she voice her thoughts another creatures voice had pierced the silence first. She couldn't make out the words but she got the idea when the Golurk took off down a corridor. She followed too, tumbling, falling and sliding around trying to get her footing as such high speeds. Having had not been practicing her skills that the Gold Tribe had taught her, she was rusty. She didn't have the stamina she once did and had fallen behind from the Golurk, whose strides where longer than she tall.

They were led by a Sandshrew, Astrid could finally make out in the dust and rumbling. She heard ancients stirring and filling up the tunnels. The sounds that they made brought the leaves on the back of her neck to stand. They all freaked her out and made her uncertain of things. She couldn't pinpoint where the sounds were coming from. Panicked she quickly caught up with the Golurk regardless of heaving breath and overworking lungs. The Golurk squeezed through an opening in the wall and she fell through after, falling to her face of course.

She stood and said, panting: "I-I am a Gold Tribe member." She fished her golden amulet from her satchel and flashed the dirtied emblem at the Golurk before leaning her tall figure over again to catch her breath.
Old February 25th, 2013 (01:46 PM).
Follow the Fireflies
Team Unova
Crystal Tier

Nature: Jolly
Kyusu "Kasey" Fuella Arashi
Gold Tribe
Location Unknown
Lavish Kidnapping

"Wake up Goldies~"

Kasey's eyes fluttered as she drifted back into consciousness. It took her a moment to remember what had happened. The Gold Tribe had been down in the tunnels when they had all been suddenly knocked out by some sort of green gas. A slight growl found its way into the back of Kasey's throat as she raised her head, but it was practically inaudible.

Kasey looked around to view her surroundings. She was in a lavish room filled with luxurious furniture and illuminated by candlelight. Each member of the Gold Tribe present—which Kasey noted was only about half of their initial group, and it did not include Zane—laid upon their own, generously cushioned bed. In the center of the room, sitting before them all was a large table piled with all types of foods. Getting knocked out by a mysterious gas and waking up in an over-decorated room with a cryptic host. That's never a good sign, Kasey thought.

"Ah! The Goldies are up! Feeling fresh? Relaxed?" The Abra that watched them giggled. "I would be too if I had a great nap! Some people get all the good stuff!" He flipped himself from his upside-down position and landed on his feet. "Well? Aren't ya all going to dig in? Not digging of course but 'dig'." Once he said this, he grabbed a piece of bread and took a bite out of it. "So what's hip and happening? I think I got a view sometime ago but what did you all see?" He asked, sounding eager as he took another bite of bread.

Accatosh was the first to rise. "Mind if I ask you a question? Where is the rest of our group? Where are we? And Who are you?" His voice was slowly rising with irritation. "I swear by my honor that if you harmed them, it'll be the last thing you have ever done!"

The Lilligant, Dinorah, was the second to speak up. "I second the question of my fiery tempered friend here, while also questioning the offering of food. We were just gassed and half our group is missing. Under such circumstances I'm hardly interested in eating, and how can we even be sure it's not all poisoned apart from the bread your eating?"

Poison would be the obvious course of action. That would mean it probably wasn't what the Silver Tribe would do, if it were them to capture us. Even after thinking this, Kasey deemed it safer to avoid the food for the time being.

"Calm down, both of you." Hanso spoke as he rose to his feet and walked over to the table. He picked up a glass of water, glancing at it as he contemplated drinking it. "Besides," Hanso added, "we need to remember our . . . host, here." He placed the cup back onto the table as he looked back up at the Abra. "And he asked a question first."

Kasey looked at Hanso, confused for the briefest of moments. The confusion soon turned to slight admiration as she examined the Gallade. Smart.

"Well, we're in a war, for one thing," Hanso continued, speaking directly to the Abra. "Fighting, death, destruction. Eternity City and Albia have been taken by the Alpha Alliance, with all three aforementioned things." A slight tone of bitterness crept into Hanso's speech as he spoke the last line. "If you're asking what we saw of Cape City, though, then you're outta luck. The closest we've been to setting foot inside the city walls is coming into the tunnels . . . then 'procedure', as it was called, is what got us gassed and separated. Anything else you want to know?" Hanso asked with a hint of sarcasm.

Kasey got to her feet and walked over to stand next to her companions. As she did so, Accatosh apologized to the Abra.

"It's obviously not a good sign when only half of our group wakes up in a mysterious place after having been knocked out," Kasey stated, glaring at the Abra. "Either you are not to be trusted, or you and whatever companions you may have have terrible social skills."

Kasey's tone shifted slightly as she responded to the Abra's question. "As for what you mean in asking us such a thing, I'm afraid you'll have to be a bit more precise with your inquiries. Asking what we've seen could mean so many things." Kasey's tone had adapted a false and slight politeness. As she spoke her next line, however, it turned to something more sinister as it was underlined by a small growl. "Because I alone have seen many things, none of which I would care to divulge to you and nor are any of them relevant to our particular situation."
Old February 25th, 2013 (07:13 PM).
See You Space Cowboy
Team Sinnoh

Nature: Relaxed
???- Cells

"Ugh...where the hell are we?" Zane could hear Guardia's voice from across the dark room, lit only by a single candle. "Why are we in these cells? Damn it! We should never have trusted those scouts!"

"Grr...these bars can't be bent. They must be made out of something special." He also heard Sword and Shield bellow from his own cell. "Do you believe this was the Silver Tribe?"

"Who the heck else?!" Guardia screamed back, as Zane heard her clash her claws upon the bars, trying to break them, but to no avail. "They're probably gonna deliver us to the Sentinels right now. Damn it!"

Zane slumped onto the ground, trying to figure out what to do now. He could still hear the sounds of Guardia slashing away, and thought he heard one of the others also make noises to escape. He sighed, looking around his cell for any sign of a way out. Suddenly, at the corner of the containment, a fainted Pokemon caught his eye, beginning to stir from apparent unconsciousness. Upon closer examination, he saw it was a Joltik. "Are you alright?" Zane asked the young Pokemon. "Who are you?"

The Joltik groaned and blinked its eyes and looked upon Zane. "Oh... guests. Sorry, guess I was very tired!" The bound up pokemon chuckled and shrugged, "Uh... yeah. I guess I am doing well right now. The guards aren't coming in to beat me up so that's a plus right?" The Joltik smiled. "I kid. The guards don't do that. Anyways, I am Sheera!" The Joltik replied happily. "And... well, I am kinda tied up at the moment. If I wasn't then I would happily greet you the best way I could." She glanced about. "Hm... care to free me? I could get some stretching here and there, my legs are so cramped by this point."

Zane looked down, and even in the visible light, was able to see the outline of Sheera tied up. He reached down, slashing apart of the binds and freeing her. "There you go." Zane said, throwing the bindings away while helping the Joltik to her feet. "Now then, what are you doing here? And do you happen to know where we are?"

Sheera sighed in relief as she was freed and stretched her legs, groaning in relief. "Huh? Hm... I know why I am here. When he got back I kinda got tossed in here. He gets cranky sometimes you see. I am the punching bag. After a while he get better though I usually am able to help with that. As to where we are... uh, we are under Cape City. We are in the city of course." She said with a nod. "In fact, there are tons of pokemon up there, well, not in Cape City but above this prison. They may be coming back down soon. How long was I sleeping?" She asked him.

Zane eyed the young Pokemon suspiciously. What exactly did she mean by 'he'? Was it the same Pokemon that put them in, and the same one that the Gold Tribe were looking for? "I don't know," Zane responded, not sure himself how long he was asleep for. He continued. "I was more talking about where exactly. As in, what we're doing in these cells, and where the cells ar-" He stopped speaking as he heard the sounds of movement coming this way. "Are they coming?" He asked.

Sheera paled, "S**t. Okay, look you all stay here. Well, you really can't leave can ya?" Sheere lept onto the wall and clmibed up it toward a small hole. "Hey, I'll be able to help you later. Trust me on that! Don't lose hope! I'll come in the nick of time!" She crawled into the hole and disappeared from sight as a Rhydon, Aggron, and two Blastoise came into the room. "Wake up Goldies! We're taking ya to the event." The Aggron pounded his hands into each other. "Don't make us get too physical, besides, you wouldn't want the rest of your comrades to pay the price rigiht?" He chuckled as the four went to the different cells and began to open them up.

"Event? What event?" Zane asked. "Why are you holding us here? Don't you know who we are? Where are the rest of us?"

The Aggron rolled his eyes, "Ask anymore questions and well, he'll take care of the problem. Trust me, you don't want to know what he will do to you all. Let's get going. Chop chop! Don't want to keep everyone waiting!"

???- Furnished, comfortable room

The Abra glanced at them all and happily nomed on his bread... though he frowned as Typh began to speak and as the Salamance just insulted him he put up one hand and began to open and close it, mocking the Salamance. He rolled his eyes at the comment Dinorah made and as if to sarcastically prove his point most of the bread flew up and flew right for him as he opened his mouth and began to take pieces of each and everyone, chewing on them and throwing spit everywhere.

What did seem to brighten his mood up however was when Truestriker spoke. He grinned brightly as the Gallade addressed him with a bit of respect and crossed his arms as he heard the psychic speak. "If you're asking what we saw of Cape City, though, then you're outta luck. The closest we've been to setting foot inside the city walls is coming into the tunnels...then 'procedure', as it was called, is what got us gassed and separated. Anything else you want to know?"

The Abra frowned at that. "You're stupid you know that. I asked what you SAW!" He held out his hands as if to emphasis a point.

He snorted at the apology from Blitzkrieg and shook his head, "You're not sorry! I can tell it from that face of yours!"

Though... the Abra listened next to the Ninetales and grinned. "Hehe! That's it!" He crackled at her question and then at her follow up comment. "That is so amazing! You saw it! I knew someone would!" The Abra collapsed off of his chair filled with laughter. "Oh! I knew you were special."

He wiped a few tears from his eyes and giggled again, "But the time for the party is almost here!" The Abra ported away for a brief second, coming back with a birthday hat on and a whistle that he blew. "Hehe! The party and celebration will come soon!" At that moment the door opened and a Scyther and Machoke stepped in. "Hey Ra-"

Immediately the Abra shushed them. "They can't know yet!" He hissed.

The Machoke nodded slowly, "Right... anyways, they ready?"

The Abra got off the chair, "Yes they are! Come on Goldies! You can meet your friends downstairs!" He said happily. "We have a treat for you all!" The Abra hummed to himself as he led the Gold Tribe out of the room.

Gallant, who had been relatively silent throughout the conversation with the strange Abra, held a disgruntled, yet thoughful expression on his face as he followed the others out of the doors to lead them to where they were headed. He was starting to have a funny feeling about this entire situation. There was something missing from all of this that he couldn't put his finger on. Regardless, he followed them as they led them outside hopefully to find the others all in one piece as well. He did not attack the ones he followed only because he was unsure of the situation with the others not present.

Zane and the others were led up the stairs every so often getting pushed forward by one of the guards and emerged out into a hallway that was built entirely out of smooth brown stones. There were columns here and there to support the ceiling and for the most part looked entirely bare. There were barely any pokemon here save from the guards but as they climbed up they would be able to see another stair case in the room where the Abra and the rest of the Gold Tribe were heading down to meet them.

The Abra giggled and pointed at them, "Told ya!" He stuck his tongue out. "And preparations are almost done! We just need one more sec!" He hopped in place. "Don't run, or you may have to be killed!" With that he turned around and headed down the hall. The guards stuck around mostly leaning against the walls to keep an eye on the Gold Tribe.

Entrance to the lair

At the same time the Sandshrew from before pulled off his hood and glanced at them. "Goldies I have good news for you all! We have your comrades in our sanctuary! Want to meet them? Then come on over!" He pressed on another wall closing the previously opened one and a new wall slid open. He gestured inside and glanced at the fainted Ninetails. "Hm... okay, we need some medical attention for her." He nodded, "For now, follow." He led the way out and as he did a Primeape, Poliwrath, Dragonite, Charmeleon, and Blaziken surrounded them. "Sorry, procedure." He stated as he glanced at the Ninetales and snapped his fingers. As he did so the Ninetales body was lifted out of Paladin's hands and quickly flew up to a floating Kadabra who touched her and in an instant teleported away with her.

"Now, we can do this two ways. One, you go mad and start wrecking everything. We kill her if you do that as well as the other Gold Tribe we have. Two, you come with us, stay calm and allow her to get necessary treatment, okay?" The Sandshrew crossed his arms and began to walk again. "This way. Hurry up if you will. Your Ninetales pal will probably already be there." He stated as the five guards began to more or less force the two forward. The two saw that the area was littered with many houses all carved from a smooth brown stone. There were a few other pokemon walking about doing various chores, though as they walked by the regarded the Gold Tribe members with a few glares and what not. The path they were led upon winded here and there but they were being led to a rather large building. Finally after a bit of walking the Sandshrew led them into an open hallway where the rest of the Gold Tribe waited.

"On schedule as usual." The Sandshrew remarked as he dusted himself off. "Have fun you two!" He said with a wink as he walked off as well, the five guards joining the others in guarding over the Gold Tribe. A few seconds passed as the Kadabra from before reappeared in the room with the Ninetales. He placed her on the ground gently and quickly disappeared once more.

Zane looked around the room of gathered Pokemon. It looked like everyone in the Gold Tribe was present, both groups reuniting together. "Are you all alright?" Zane asked Gallant and the others who joined them. Gallant responded with a nod, before his eyes were diverted to the three other Pokemon that were brought before, a fainted Ninetales, an odd-looking Golurk, and a Lilligant. Zane looked at them, then noticed the shine of gold across them in various areas. Whoever the three were, they were Gold Tribe. Zane wanted to walk over and talk to them, but before he could, Guardia spoke up.

"Alright, we're all here. Now anyone have any Arceus-damn idea what the hell we're all doing here, and who's behind this?!" She was clearly irritated, and Zane didn't doubt some of the others most likely were as well. But he knew as much as anyone else. Or so he believed.

"I've got an idea." Gallant replied, rubbing his chin as he looked around. "I didn't think the Pokemon was still alive, but this is too much of a coincidence to not be connected."

Zane stared at Gallant in silence as he awaited clarification on what he meant. "Before the invasion, we all know the main enemy around were the thieves. That's true. But here in Cape City, there was another Pokemon, someone who was just as dangerous as the King of Thieves. He had a contingency of followers, and was able to do a lot of damage with what we believed to be a lot less resources than us. He even managed to kill a couple of Gold Tribe members who were in pursuit of him at that time. I had a run-in with him once. A long time ago. I would have died too, if it wasn't for a fellow brother saving me at the price of his own life." Zane noticed Gallant clench his fists at the mention of the dead brothers and sisters. "But he disappeared a long time ago. Some thought he died. Others thought he went into hiding permanently. We never found his hide-out, and we never found a body, but we still assumed he was long gone. I guess not. I'm sure some of you have heard of him before. He was quite renown back in the day."

Zane recalled now. He remember reading before about the deaths, and the Pokemon responsible. A lot of tales were told about him, but very few facts. This must have been him. The Madman.

Paired with the Epic Legend
Old February 25th, 2013 (07:14 PM).
A mad mind... hehe
Team Hoenn

Nature: Serious
Penance Malum

Penance watched from his throne with a grin. He snapped his fingers as a Alakazam teleported away from his side. It was only a brief second for Penance but the Alakazam appeared before the Gold Tribe and in a flash the group would find themselves teleported right into the very same room Penance was in. The Golduck sat upon a golden throne and the room was rather large. There were many, many pokemon here all sitting on benches or standing on the second floor gazing down at the scene. Penance smiled and spread his arms wide. “Welcome Goldies!”

A cheer rose up from the crowd although it quickly fell silent as Penance held up a hand. “Now now, let’s not get over eager. Madness can get a bit crazy sometimes.” The whole crowd roared with laughter and once more was silenced by the Golduck. “Now… quite some time it’s been eh? A whole day or close to one… or perhaps a year. It’s so hard to tell from down here!” He rolled his eyes and quickly jumped back in his chair. “Now, to atone for crimes by the Silver Tribe you all will… SUFFER!” He stated gleefully as he jumped so he was now standing on top of his chair. The ground in front of them suddenly pushed back to reveal a bubbling cauldron below.

“Now, who would like to be cooked first?’ He asked eagerly as he glanced about. “How about the meaty ones? Or the skinny ones? I’m impartial myself!” He crackled with laughter and snapped his fingers as flames shot out from below and lit the pot on fire, or at least the top anyway.

“Now, prepare to suffer for crimes against the City and the Alpha Alliance! So, who wants to step in first!?” He asked with a sadistic grin.

“You know, I am REALLY getting bored of this!” A voice cried out and the Jotik from before was seen on the ceiling, with several other pokemon there with it. “Madman you’ve gone too far this time! Gold Tribe! Get ready for a battle!”

Penance rolled his eyes and pointed at the Gold Tribe. “First the Goldies, then Sheera. Get to it!” He cried out. Without any waiting the crowd began to shoot all kinds of attacks at the Gold Tribe while some ran up to get more personal blows in and the reinforcements up top began to attack the crowd. Penance for the meanwhile formed a Water Pulse and began to fire right at the Gold Tribe. “It’s madness in here!” He crackled.
Old February 25th, 2013 (09:13 PM). Edited February 25th, 2013 by Garet.
GhostFire
Team Johto

Hanso SharpEye
~~~~~
The Abra listened next to the Ninetales and grinned. "Hehe! That's it!" He crackled at her question and then at her follow up comment. "That is so amazing! You saw it! I knew someone would!" The Abra collapsed off of his chair filled with laughter. "Oh! I knew you were special."

He wiped a few tears from his eyes and giggled again, "But the time for the party is almost here!" The Abra ported away for a brief second, coming back with a birthday hat on and a whistle that he blew. "Hehe! The party and celebration will come soon!"

Hanso kept his eyes on the Abra once the Gallade had finished speaking, though by this time he was staring. Either he's a real good actor, or he's crazy, Hanso thought to himself. Somehow, Bane had said just the right thing, but that was little comfort at the moment. The Gallade remained still as someone checked in and the others began filing out. Crazy...he had used that same word around Penance, and the Golduck had reacted strongly. Hanso looked down at the cup of water before him, then acted on impulse, grabbing the cup and downing the water in a few seconds. Setting it back down, Hanso turned and walked out the room, the last of the Gold Tribe in line. This whole situation is a bit crazy, though...these are the Pokemon that Penance left in order to work with?

Of course, throwing out questions every other second would hardly get them anywhere, and Hanso had hardly ever put a whole lot of worth in words. Some things, they would discover within the next few minutes...if no one tried to escape, that is. When three new Pokemon appeared, all with some form of Gold Tribe identification, Hanso was hardly surprised. We've found someone almost every step of the way since the torturehouse. His attention was drawn from his thoughts as Lyn spoke. "Alright, we're all here. Now anyone have any Arceus-damn idea what the hell we're all doing here, and who's behind this?!" She was clearly irritated.

"I've got an idea." Gallant replied, rubbing his chin as he looked around. "I didn't think the Pokemon was still alive, but this is too much of a coincidence to not be connected."

As Gallant spoke, a few things clicked in Hanso's head. What had happened in the last bit of time fit with the Madman's reputation, explaining the Abra, the furnished room...even why Penance might be acquaintanced with him. Anyone with a streak of insanity, or a few outbursts of it, probably could. Hanso was not prepared, however, for the next few minutes.

An Alakazam appeared and, before they could do anything, teleported the Gold Tribe into a large room filled with many other Pokemon. As Hanso looked around, his eyes focused on the figure sitting on the golden throne. “Welcome Goldies!”

A cheer rose up from the crowd although it quickly fell silent as Penance held up a hand. “Now now, let’s not get over eager. Madness can get a bit crazy sometimes.” The whole crowd roared with laughter and once more was silenced by the Golduck. “Now… quite some time it’s been eh? A whole day or close to one… or perhaps a year. It’s so hard to tell from down here!” He rolled his eyes and quickly jumped back in his chair. “Now, to atone for crimes by the Silver Tribe you all will… SUFFER!” He stated gleefully as he jumped so he was now standing on top of his chair. The ground in front of them suddenly pushed back to reveal a bubbling cauldron below.

For the-- what?! Hanso's arm-blades shot out on instinct, eyes riveted on the Golduck. It was his voice, his distinct appearance...but was it Penance? Or had he finally gone mad?

“Now, prepare to suffer for crimes against the City and the Alpha Alliance! So, who wants to step in first!?” The Golduck asked with a sadistic grin.

“You know, I am REALLY getting bored of this!” A voice cried out and a Joltik was seen on the ceiling, with several other pokemon there with it. “Madman you’ve gone too far this time! Gold Tribe! Get ready for a battle!”

Goldies. Hanso had heard the term a few times during their short stay, but it took the Golduck saying it to drive home something in the Gallade's mind. He's as good as nullified his own membership. Hanso ducked to the side to avoid incoming Water Pulses, throwing out multiple illusions of himself at the same time. The illusions all turned as if to fight the crowd, even though their purpose was always to distract and, perhaps, surprise. Hanso, for his part, was focused on Penance. His eyes glowed as the Gallade teleported, appearing in front of the Golduck's throne. Hanso threw a hard Psycho Cut aimed, at the last moment, at the back of the throne. Despite what was happening, he couldn't bring himself to harm Penance. So far."Why?!" Hanso mentally yelled, glaring up at Penance in disbelief as he opened a telepathic channel. He ignored the sounds of combat behind him; he seemed almost oblivious enough that an attack from behind would hit him. "Why do you do this? Our lie about Dark Lightning was only against you, not the Alpha Alliance!" Hanso paused, throwing out another burst of illusionary Gallades at the crowd attacking the Gold Tribe. "What else have we done wrong?!"
Old February 25th, 2013 (09:15 PM).
"The Cutiest Pokemon Gamer!"
Team Sinnoh

Nature: Gentle
Allora ~ Unknown Battle Room

Allora laid limp in Paladin’s arms as he tried to protect her. The booming explosions, yelling, and the bouncing of Paladin’s strides as he ran wasn’t enough to wake her. It wasn’t until after first aid was administered to her did she start to come back around. She opened her eyes to see a golden colored Pokemon standing over her, her vision still blurred a little from fainting. “Who….are you? Wh..where is….Pala..Paladin?” she managed to squeak out as she blinked a few times to clear her vision. The Kadabra remained silent and touched Allora, teleporting them to another location. Allora looked up dazed and confused as different voices reached her ears.

"Alright, we're all here. Now anyone have any Arceus-damn idea what the hell we're all doing here, and who's behind this?!" one Pokemon said clearly irritated.

"I've got an idea." Another replied. "I didn't think the Pokemon was still alive, but this is too much of a coincidence to not be connected. Before the invasion, we all know the main enemy around were the thieves. That's true. But here in Cape City, there was another Pokemon, someone who was just as dangerous as the King of Thieves. He had a contingency of followers, and was able to do a lot of damage with what we believed to be a lot less resources than us. He even managed to kill a couple of Gold Tribe members who were in pursuit of him at that time. I had a run-in with him once. A long time ago. I would have died too, if it wasn't for a fellow brother saving me at the price of his own life. But he disappeared a long time ago. Some thought he died. Others thought he went into hiding permanently. We never found his hide-out, and we never found a body, but we still assumed he was long gone. I guess not. I'm sure some of you have heard of him before. He was quite renowned back in the day."

Allora’s attention was drawn to the group that was talking. She stared at them for a while until she snapped out of her daze. She didn’t know who they were or where she was at. All she could remember was escaping the gas that surrounded Paladin. ‘Paladin!’ Allora thought as she jerked her head around looking for her partner. “Paladin!” she called out before her gaze landed on him. She quickly got up and jogged up to him, happy to see that he was alive. She stopped part of the way when she noticed a tall Liligant, with a beautiful red flower adorning her head, standing beside him.

“Are you alright? Who is that behind yo….” Her words where cut short by an Alakazam appearing and teleporting the group to another location. Allora froze on the spot and took in her surroundings. A smug looking Golduck sat on a throne in this rather large room. Many Pokemon were gathered around the edges, surrounding the now vulnerable group. “Welcome Goldies!” the Golduck announced, spreading his arms wide open. Cheers rose up from the crowd but where silenced by the same Golduck. ‘Goldies? Are you telling me everyone in this group….is a Gold Tribe member?’ Allora watched the Golduck closely, her guard fully raised. There was something about this smug Pokemon that she didn’t like one bit. Her tails whipped in their hypnotic pattern as she slowly closed the distance between her and Paladin. She wanted to be close to him in case something got out of control.

“Now… quite some time it’s been eh? A whole day or close to one… or perhaps a year. It’s so hard to tell from down here!” The Golduck spoke, rolling his eyes and quickly jumping back in his chair. “Now, to atone for crimes by the Silver Tribe you all will… SUFFER!” He stated gleefully as he jumped so he was now standing on top of his chair. The ground in front of the group suddenly pushed back to reveal a bubbling cauldron below. “Now, who would like to be cooked first?’ He asked eagerly as he glanced about. “How about the meaty ones? Or the skinny ones? I’m impartial myself!” He crackled with laughter and snapped his fingers as flames shot out from below and lit the pot on fire, or at least the top anyway.

“This can’t be happening! He has to be crazy!” Allora whispered as she looked upon the cauldron in shock and horror. “Now, prepare to suffer for crimes against the City and the Alpha Alliance! So, who wants to step in first!?” The Golduck asked with a sadistic grin. “You know, I am REALLY getting bored of this!” A voice cried out and a Jotik sat on the ceiling, with several other pokemon there with it. “Madman you’ve gone too far this time! Gold Tribe! Get ready for a battle!”

Allora didn’t know what was exactly happening but she knew one thing, she wasn’t going into that cauldron. She growled as her tails flared up, ready to strike on the nearest enemy. Allora hoped that this Joltik and her friends were on their side. If not, then it was certain death for everyone in the group. ‘Madman? Wait! This can’t be….but I thought he was dead or something.’ Allora tried to ignore her thoughts as they were distractions to the possible battle that might ensue. The Golduck rolled his eyes again and pointed at the Gold Tribe. “First the Goldies, then Sheera. Get to it!” He cried out. Without any waiting, the crowd began to shoot all kinds of attacks at the Gold Tribe while some ran up to get more personal blows in and the reinforcements up top began to attack the crowd. The Golduck meanwhile formed a Water Pulse and began to fire right at the Gold Tribe. “It’s madness in here!” He crackled.

“Damn!” Allora growled as she pounced on a charging Machop, knocking him to the ground. As soon as he hit the ground, Allora fired an Energy Ball right at his face killing the small Pokemon. “This is insane!” Her attention was drawn to the Water Gun that was fired in her direction, dodging the blast of water by a very small margin. Looking to the source of the blast Allora found a Swampert smirking cockily at her. She knew she was at a great disadvantage against the powerful ground and water type Pokemon. Keeping her eyes on her opponent, Allora slowly scooted close to Paladin and the Liligant. Hoping that if she couldn’t take on this foe by herself, one of them would step in and help.
Old February 26th, 2013 (09:25 AM). Edited March 1st, 2013 by Typh.
Team Johto

Accatosh "Blitzkrieg" Coronis

Accatosh was revealed to find that the others were well and unharmed, he noticed three others joining their group, all gold tribe members, Vigil spoke with them a while, then the group entered a large chamber filled with pokemon, with a golduck leading the group, there was something odd about the Golduck, then when he stated about the Gold Tribe suffering for the Silver Tribe, then the room broke into battle. Accatosh looked around the room taking in anything that may provide the Gold Tribe a tactical advantage over these crazed pokemon. he took aim at the bubbling cauldron in the room, and let out a Dragon Rage that hit under the cauldron sending it up into the air, causing it to dump it's boiling contents all over the rocky floor, causing many of the attacking Pokemon to jump, up and down, causing them to lose momentum, accuracy, and balance. Accatosh then grabbed a nearby machoke and threw it, at another group of machoke to fall over all over each other.

Accatosh knew what he needed to do... Take Down that Golduck, and stop this fight. He took to the air for a moment he paused pondering on if he should Giga Impact into the Golduck, which would cause them both to leave a crater in the rock. Accatosh decided against this and swooped down and landed next to Truestriker.
Old February 26th, 2013 (11:08 AM).
Here's to the crazy ones.
Team Kanto

Nature: Sassy
Genevieve L’esprit
When does chaos stop being labeled as such and simply become ordinary life? That was the thought that kept running through Genevieve’s head as the world seemed to continually devolve around her. If an explosion happens every day, does it simply become routine? If lives are snuffed like the flame of a candle every second, do others even notice anymore? Surely, it was slowly and inevitably becoming the case. Genevieve hardly batted an eye at the explosions that occurred just moments earlier. It was simply another part of her new normal. This Arceus forsaken war had gone on long enough, and based on Scar’s reaction, he thought so too. As opposed to how she was the night prior, he appeared to be on top of this situation.

The revolutionaries had gone too far. Didn’t they see that their actions had potentially caused more harm than the whole of the Silver Tribe’s. What are a few citizens killed through gas, compared to the potential hundreds that would be maimed or slain through explosive force? Genevieve felt no sorrow for those injured, of course. But, it did aggravate her by the lack of logic. This lack of critical thinking and extremist ideals hurt more of the people that they were supposedly trying to help. In the Silver Tribe, that was always tallied as acceptable loss. But the Gold Tribe, they should have none. Acceptable loss should not even be in the vocabulary of so called “heroes”. Maybe this wasn’t the work of the Gold Tribe, however. It could very well have been the deed of some third power. A grass roots movement to overthrow their rightful rule. No matter what, the Golden boys were the poster child for all rebellious action in this nation. It had to come to an end, just as they themselves would have to.

She thought for a moment to try and reach out to Hanso, her contact with him having been nothing since they last spoke, but she thought better of it. In this new normal, trying to reach him would be difficult and an unnecessary distraction. There would be time later to speak and plan. Things were quickly coming to a head that might very well culminate in all her strings coming together into a perfect knot. Now was not the time, but soon, soon it would be.

“Scar!” She shouted at him over the noise. “This act is suspiciously timed, don’t you think?” Genevieve asked him in a worried tone, letting the question linger between the two of them. “It seems that everything is converging here. The suspicious Pokemon, these explosions, my intel of the Gold Tribe’s actions. Are these all separate events or are they inexplicably linked? I fear I myself don’t know the answer anymore,” she looked down at him and sighed. “We don’t know who is a traitor and who is just a citizen anymore. It’s time we issue a kill all order. If they don’t value the lives of their citizens, then there is no reason we should either.” Her eyes twitched as her mind raced with the possibility. She knew this made her monster, somewhere in the back of her mind, she just knew. Yet, she didn’t care. It seemed as if that part of her mind was sequestered from the rest. Genevieve of old would have looked on in horror at the suggestion. The former Gold Tribe Genevieve would have been the first to rush in and aid the wounded. The former Gold Tribe Genevieve was now long dead, however. All that remained was this empty husk that was unrecognizable even to herself. The same husk that was now urging a colleague to rush in and finish off the wounded, the women, the children. There was no redemption found in her heart anymore, only a mind dwelling in hell.
Old February 26th, 2013 (07:09 PM).
Just won't die.
Team Kanto
Gold Tier

Paladin
Underground

Paladin glanced back warily. There was that Lilligant. The grass type was small enough to be able to stand up in this narrow passageway, unlike Paladin himself. "I-I am a Gold Tribe member," she told him, as she proceeded to take one golden emblem from her satchel. The thing was somewhat stained, but its golden glow still shimmered in the dim light of Paladin's eyes. Paladin was surprised, to say the least. Another Gold Tribe member? On the same day? It seemed almost too good to be true. Perhaps it was. However, given the precarious situation they were in, Paladin didn't have time to judge. "You-" he began, but was quickly interrupted by the Sandshrew he had been following, who had opened another passageway in the wall. "Goldies I have good news for you all! We have your comrades in our sanctuary! Want to meet them? Then come on over!" he said, removing his hood. Curious, Paladin stepped closer to the Sandshrew. "Hm... okay, we need some medical attention for her." He nodded, looking at Allora, "For now, follow." Paladin obliged, following the Sandshrew up until the point where five other Pokemon surrounded them. Paladin stopped dead in his tracks, his expression, if any, turning moody. "What is the meaning of this?" he demanded. "Sorry, procedure." the Sandshrew said. With that, he snapped his fingers, and Allora was swiftly taken away from Paladin's grasp with some psychic power. Paladin, outraged, reached for her, but by then, she was already with a nearby Kadabra. The two vanished with teleport, leaving a furious Paladin with a rather gruff-looking group of Pokemon.

"You little-" Paladin spat, but was interrupted by the Sandshrew's annoyingly confident voice. "Now, we can do this two ways. One, you go mad and start wrecking everything. We kill her if you do that as well as the other Gold Tribe we have. Two, you come with us, stay calm and allow her to get necessary treatment, okay?" he said. Paladin was immediately flooded with emotions of rage and hate for this little miscreant, but for Allora's sake, attempted to control himself. Paladin was now almost sure that this was the Silver Tribe's plot to capture him. How could he have been so blind?! The Ancients were sent to give Paladin no other choice than to follow the Sandshrew, who then led them into a one-way tunnel where it was easy to capture them. Now, not only was he captured, but he had led Allora straight into their trap. Of course, now, there was nothing he could do. He was left with only one ally, the Lilligant. "This way. Hurry up if you will. Your Ninetales pal will probably already be there." the Sandshrew prompted, arms crossed, as he moved forward into the area that had been revealed. Paladin was stunned that a small village-like area could exist underground. The residents of this area mostly appeared busy, but some spared a look at the Golurk and the Lilligant. Paladin became increasingly agitated as the thugs with whom he was walking began to push him forward. "Don't. Touch. Me," Paladin warned quietly when the Blaziken forced him forward a bit. The Blaziken, trying to keep his cool, but obviously intimidated, stepped back slightly.

"On schedule as usual." The Sandshrew remarked as he dusted himself off. "Have fun you two!" Paladin wanted to smash the creature to bits right then, but realized that he was already gone. Looking ahead, he saw that he was in a hall of some sort. Another group of Pokemon stood before him. At first, Paladin thought he may have to fight them, but upon closer inspection they appeared just as confused as he was. They spoke among themselves in frustration, asking the same questions that were going through Paladin's mind at the very moment. Where were they? What was going on? While the other group seemed completely disinterested in the his existence, Paladin examined the area he was in, looking for a way out. There appeared to be none, apart from they way they had come, which was currently blocked by the thugs who were with the Sandshrew. The hall was large, and the walls appeared rock-solid at first glance. It was then that Paladin noticed a Pokemon approaching him. It was colored in golden and black, and its gaze had a sharp edge to it. It was a Bisharp. Male, by the looks of it. Strangely, the Bisharp seemed to strike a nerve in Paladin's memory. He was someone that he knew...or had known. His name was...Zane. A member of the Gold Tribe. That was all he could remember for now. Zane was nearing him when someone else in the other group caught his attention, and he turned away. Paladin shook his head in pain. Every time a memory rose from the abyss of his brain, Paladin got a horrible migraine along with it. He grunted slightly as the pain surged through his head, along with more memories.

Welcome to the Gold Tribe, young one. My name is Paladin.
Thank you, Paladin, I'm glad to be here.
I see here that your instructor has high hopes for you. What is your name?
Zane. Zane Tyrael.
Tyrael? I swear I've heard that name before...
My grandfather was a member.
Ah, yes, that was it. Well, Zane, I hope you will do your grandfather proud.

A flashback. But of what? Paladin sensed that it was a very distant memory, probably from very long ago. Paladin himself sounded more or less the same, but according to the conversation, Zane had been much younger at the time. It didn't have much significance, other than telling Paladin that he was probably much older than the Bisharp.

It was then that Paladin was caught off guard by a voice behind him. Allora's thin frame stood before him, her nine tails flickering behind her. “Are you alright? Who is that behind yo….” she started, but was soon cut off by the sudden appearance of another Pokemon in the room. An Alakazam. Without warning, the Pokemon teleported both groups of Pokemon to a different location. Paladin rubbed his eyes and examined his surroundings quickly. The room they were in now was far larger than the hall from before. He was relieved to find Allora and the Lilligant still by his side, with the other group of Pokemon not far away. Suddenly, as his vision cleared, he saw more Pokemon than there should have been. Pokemon all around them, of all different shapes and sizes, glared at them somewhat malevolently. Paladin dared to look above him, and found even more Pokemon staring down from the second level of the room.

All attention was drawn to the Golduck at the center of the room. Their leader, perhaps? No doubt one of the Sentinels, although Paladin had not heard of any new ones lately. "Welcome, Goldies!" the Golduck announced. The mocking tone he used in his words angered Paladin somewhat. He proceeded to make a not-so-funny joke at which all the surrounding Pokemon laughed until he motioned for them to stop. “Now, to atone for crimes by the Silver Tribe you all will… SUFFER!” he said dramatically. Paladin's preliminary judgement of this Pokemon: insane. Obviously, he was spouting complete nonsense, which did not surprise Paladin as Silver Tribe members were often driven insane by the horrible deeds they had to perform. Still, bringing him all the way here just for this ridiculous show? That angered Paladin enough already that he could clobber this insolent cretin to the ground.

Paladin blotted out the Golduck's next few words, instead diverting his attention to trying to find a way out of here. He occasionally looked back at Allora to check if she was alright. Aside from the various Pokemon surrounding the group, Paladin found that it would be relatively easy to escape from here. The walls looked the same as the ones in the halls to a novice, but being a Ground-type Pokemon, Paladin was able to deduce that they were far weaker than those from before, and, with some effort, could be smashed through to hopefully reveal a road to freedom. The issue, of course, was all these Pokemon blocking his way. If he tried to escape, they would be on him in seconds. Most of them did not seem threatening in the slightest, but a few looked strong enough to take the Golurk on in a fair fight.

When Paladin was just about done assessing the situation, a bubbling cauldron caught his attention. The thing looked menacing to say the least, and the liquid inside it looked hot enough to melt anything placed into it. While the Golduck blabbered on about cooking or something, Paladin glanced around at the crowd. Their expressions become more and more anxious and impatient. Then, a shout came from above, “You know, I am REALLY getting bored of this! Madman you've gone too far this time! Gold Tribe! Get ready for a battle!” Paladin took those words into consideration. It seemed they would have to fight. But who? Surely not the crowd around them? Were they really insane enough to attempt to fight a highly trained group of elites? Apparently, they were, as they relentlessly attacked at the Golduck's command.

What followed was chaos. Attacks flew all over the place. Water Pulse, Fire Blast, Razor Leaf, and many more. They were, naturally, all directed at the Gold Tribe. Paladin, who had predicted the battle, managed to dodge a Water Pulse aimed straight for his chest. "What? WHAT?" he couldn't help crying out. This was simply madness. Suddenly, he felt a slight poke on his leg. He looked down to discover that a Machop was attempting to hit the Golurk with a few punches. Apparently, the little Pokemon had forgotten that fighting types were ineffective against Ghosts. Paladin could just crush the Pokemon now, but he just couldn't. His sense of honor forbade him from harming someone who was clearly outmatched by him. However, he suddenly noticed a larger Loudred coming for him. The Pokemon attempted to use Supersonic, but the attack missed and the Loudred flew at Paladin. Paladin knocked him aside with one swift swing of his arm, and pushed the relentless Machop away with his leg. Looking behind him, he saw that Allora was having some problems of her own. A Swampert glared down at her mockingly, and appeared to be readying an attack from its mouth. Confirming Paladin's suspicions, the Pokemon released a seemingly endless spout of mud from its mouth, and it was aimed straight for Allora. Paladin positioned himself in front of the Ninetales and crouched down, taking the attack instead of her.

Paladin was hardly damaged. The Swampert who had attempted to attack his friend lost its grin as Paladin strode towards it, an angry glare in his malformed eyes. The Swampert readied a Water Gun, which Paladin swatted away with his arm. However, in his anger, he had forgotten that water was super effective against him, and sustained some damage on his arm from the weak attack. When he finally reached the Swampert, he began battering it with Shadow Punches to the face. The Pokemon tried to fight back using Take Down, but Paladin was already on top of him before he could. Paladin finished the fight with a well-aimed Hammer Arm to his opponent's neck, snapping it instantly. He returned to Allora. "Are you alrigh-" he was about to ask, but suddenly something hit him from the side. The attack was powerful, but ineffective. It seemed like a Thunderbolt had struck him. The ground type had naturally absorbed the electricity, rendering him unharmed, but Paladin was still curious as to who had been stupid enough to direct it towards him. He looked to the direction the attack had come from, and saw a much more serious battle unfolding with the other group. Obviously more Pokemon were attracted to the bigger group.

In the chaos before him, Paladin could make out an Electivire who was crackling with electricity. Paladin walked towards the electric type in an almost leisurely manner. While doing so, he noticed that the Electivire had its sights set on another Pokemon. This Pokemon appeared to be an oddly-colored Salamence who was busy pinning down the Golduck leader. At least someone knew what to do in this situation. Taking out the leader was always the best choice. However, if the Salamence were killed, the Golduck might be able to flee. Paladin arrived at the Electivire's side by the time he was done charging his Thunderbolt, and knocked him down with a Shadow Punch, interrupting the process. The Electivire rose from where he had fallen and attacked with Bulldoze. The move hit, and Paladin was propelled backwards slightly by the Electivire. While his opponent was close, Paladin used Hammer Arm on the Electivire's back, and heard a sickening snap of his spine. The Pokemon was not dead, simply paralyzed for life. Paladin decided to give the Pokemon a quick death, and Shadow Punched his neck to snap it quickly.

"Well," Paladin muttered to himself, as he stared at the ensuing madness, "All in a day's work,"
Old February 26th, 2013 (09:12 PM).
Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Team Johto
Silver Tier

Nature: Bold
Veletra inhaled the moderate amount of poison coming from Snypes hands. It wasn't as big a dose as the one that the Raichu had suffered but if she wasn't attended to soon, she would surely die. As the anicents were about to bring her to a disclosed location, Snype suddenly heard someone yell in the crowd. She was screaming about a revolution and before Snype knew it, everything went to hell. There were suddenly several explosions within the vicinity! To top it off even more explosions occurred nearby in the southern and eastern parts of the city! Snype frowned.

"Hrmph. We're going to have a repeat of eternity city at this rate. They just made a huge mistake." Snype said as he glared at the crowd of Pokemon. Some were affected by the explosions. Snype wanted to kill them all right there to show just how stupid this kind of rebelion was. What were they trying to prove? After all! They had most of the city right in front of them as hostages!

"Kehehe, so their idea is to basically blow up cape city? If they're going to do that then what will there be to save? Kill all the citizens and there won't be a point for this revolution... Either way, we win. Kehehe..." Snype said.

"I'd rather not waste time with the citizens as much as I'd love to kill them all here. We have more important matters. The ancients can deal with them how they please if they wish. Make it a game if you will! Scatter them around and see who can kill the most!" Snype said joyfully. He quickly went to a more serious tone again.

"We best do what we can to stop the rebelion. Killing them off won't be enough. We need to scare them enough so that they'll never pull a stunt like this again. For all we know, the Gold Tribe could be involved." Snype said.

Trainer Academy RP Pokemon
Snype (Sableye)- Lv. 52- Detect, Shadow Sneak, Will-o-wisp, Low Sweep, Foul Play, Taunt (Ability: Keen Eye)
Commodore (Porygon-Z)- Lv. 55 -Signal beam, Conversion 2, Recover, Tri Attack, Ice Beam, Trick Room (Ability: Trace)
Len (Poliwraith)- Lv. 53- Bubblebeam, Brick Break, Body Slam, Belly Drum, Sleep Talk, Rest (Ability: Water Absorb)
Able (Ninjask)- Lv. 46 - X-Scissor, Slash, Double Team, Protect, Baton Pass, Swords Dance (Ability: Speed Boost)
Kara (Gligar) Lv. 35 Acrobatics, Substitute, Fury Cutter, Knock Off, Slash,Toxic (Ability: Poison Heal)
Xerox (Ditto) Lv. 35 Transform (Ability: Imposter)

(In Box)
Shedinja- Lv. 35 Fury Swipes, Confuse Ray, Sand attack, Leech Life, Mind Reader, Scratch (Ability: Wonder Guard)
Omanyte- Lv. 35 Brine, Mud Shot, Rollout, Ice Beam, Protect, Bite
(Ability: Swift Swim)
Old February 27th, 2013 (11:52 AM).
Team Sinnoh

Allora ~ Unknown Battle Field

Allora’s eyes were glued to the menacing Swampert as he reared back for an attack. The Pokémon spewed a large amount of mud from its mouth aiming it right for her. Allora knew she wasn’t going to be able to dodge all of it so she braced for the impact. Just then Paladin positioned himself in front of her and crouched down, taking the attack instead of her. “Thank you!” Allora watched as Paladin strode towards the Swampert. She could tell her friend was obviously angry at the Pokémon for attacking her. The Swampert readied a Water Gun, which Paladin swatted away with his arm and sustained some damage from the weak attack. When he finally reached the Swampert, he began battering it with Shadow Punches to the face. The Pokémon tried to fight back using Take Down, but Paladin was already on top of him before he could. Paladin finished the fight with a well-aimed Hammer Arm to his opponent's neck, snapping it instantly. ‘His power is enormous….’ Allora thought as she watched the fight. Admiration for her partner as well as a little fear struck her as she watched him easily dispose of the Swampert.

A nearby Pidgeotto saw the distracted Allora and dive bombed her, nailing her in the side with a Wing Attack. The attack knocked her back a few feet as the Pidgeotto circled around for another attack. “Damn it! Focus Allora! This is life or death!” Allora growled as she got back on her feet. She watched as the Pidgeotto got in range for another Wing Attack. As the Pokemon dived again, Allora stood her ground, waiting for it to get closer. Once the Pidgeotto was within a few yards of her, Allora sent out a Dark Pulse. The Pokemon flapped wildly as it tried to dodge the attack but wasn’t fast enough. The attack clipped the Pidgeotto’s wing causing it to crash, face first, into the ground at Allora’s feet. “I am sorry. Forgive me.” Allora whispered to the injured Pidgeotto before using a Psyshock to snap its neck. Allora took a second to look around for Paladin, to make sure he was alright, seeing that he was now fighting an Electivire by the group.

Deciding it was best to help the group, Allora turned to the Liligant. “Come on. We have to help them!” she said before sprinting off into the chaos. Allora’s next target was that of Mothim who was getting ready to poison the entire group. Sneaking up behind the Pokemon, Allora quickly dispatched him using a Heat Wave. Burning him to a crisp before his body landed with a slight thud.
Old February 28th, 2013 (12:12 PM).
The Cleric!
Team Kanto

Astrid - Unknown Battle Field

Astrid stood, stunned, at the unfurling madness before her. It had been almost three years since she last faced another Pokemon in a death battle. She didn't know whether to be scared or pumped for the fight. Astrid watched as the Golurk, her new ally, took a blow for the fellow Nine-Tails, most likely his partner. The Golurk made its way for the Swampert that had started its assault on the Nine-Tails. After many blows of Shadow Punch the Swampert fell, dead, with a snapped neck.

The cries of a Pidgeotto were heard above. The cry sent a shiver up Astrid's back; flying types were her worst enemy. Just the cry of the avians made her want to cringe, run and hide from fear. To her luck the birds sights were aimed elsewhere, to the Nine-Tails. The Pidgeotto dived on her and nailed her in the side with a Wing Attack. Astrid clasps her vine-like hands around her mouth, muffling a gasp. When the Pidgeotto came 'round for another attack it was blasted by a Dark Pulse, emitted from the Nine-Tails. It came down flapping and failing with an injured wing. The Nine-Tails ended it's life, after muttering something to it, with a Psyshock.

This all happened mere inches away from Astrid. She was stuck, stunned and dazzled by the display of strength and brutality of the others, almost envious. The Nine-Tails looked to Astrid and told the Lilligant to follow her before taking off into the madness. Astrid ran to follow through the narrow opening of fighting Pokemon. The path was cut off by a Krokorok, a ground type alligator. The reptile grinned menacingly at Astrid as if spelling out her death. Being separated from what she would like to call her team, she was alone.

The Krokorok moved swiftly. It snapped at her in a Crunch. Astrid moved quick, jumping to the right to evade the attack. Seeing a opening she went for a, lightly channeled, Energy Ball. Being as it wasn't channeled to full power the Energy Ball did little damage, only enough to annoy the reptile Pokemon. It came at her, full force, with another Crunch. She stumbled to the left barely dodging the move. Another opening was seen on the smaller Pokemon. Astrid opened up with a Double Slap; she kept up the assault into the Krokorok was worn out. The three foot reptile was leaned over holding its side, which was bruised and battered from the fiercity of the barrage of Double Slaps. Astrid leaped in the air, her cherry red flower that top her head opened up releasing a torrent of pink petals. The Petal Dance was a deadly whirl to the Krokorok as it approached him at a dangerous pace. The sharp petals tore through the weakened skin on the side of the Krokorok. The petals slashed at the skin causing it to rapture and burst. The Krokorok collapsed on the dusty floor, its own blood pooling beneath it.

Once recovered from the ordeal of her battle Astrid scanned the bobbing heads of the conflicting Pokemon, looking from the Nine-Tails and Golurk.
Old February 28th, 2013 (02:52 PM).
Team Sinnoh

Levina ~ Cape City

Levina rolled her eyes annoyed as she looked upon the city opening that lay before her. A Kabutops and Carracosta guarded the entrance and looked uptight for just having guard duty. ‘More and more Ancients. These Pokemon get on my nerves….the worthless pawns.’ With a heavy sigh, Levina strolled up to them and proceeded to try and walk through the gate. Making an obvious attempt at ignoring the two Ancients who now blocked her path. “Oh come on boys. I’m not in the mood for this. Just get out of the way.” She groaned becoming even more annoyed. The Carracosta started shooting all sorts of questions at Levina as she spaced off, trying to look around the two bigger Pokemon. Something about her being a Gold Tribe member and orders to do something and an Earthquake. Levina didn’t really care what these two were blabbing about. “Alright I’m tired of this.” In a blink of an eye, Levina shocked the two Ancients with a Thunder; making sure they were toasty before stopping. “Whoops, looks like I killed them…..oh well.” With a shrug Levina continued her way into the city.

The citizens were in a buzz, as they scattered throughout the street, talking about a flying Pokemon and a dead Ancient. “Sounds like someone is having some fun hehe.” Levina giggled to herself as she walked down the street, shocking any Pokemon that came close to her. As she walked deeper into the city, the excited buzz turned to screams as the citizens ran from a wave of Ancients who were raiding every nook and cranny. Levina growled annoyed as she darted into an alley and away from the wave of Pokemon. ‘I am not dealing with those numskulls again.’ As she wondered the streets, Levina came across a group of Ancients surrounding a small group of citizens. In front of them was a tied up Mismagius and behind her was another small group of Pokemon who the Ancients seemed to avoid. ‘This looks like an interesting show.’ Levina chuckled as she made her way on top of a roof to get a better view.

Laying down, Levina watched as a gruff Sableye stepped forward to address the crowd. "Kehehe, Citizens of Cape City... welcome to our demonstration! Kehehe. I advise you all to look at the traitor at all times... if I spot any of you looking away..." A toxic, purple gas emanated from the Sableye’s hand. "Kehehe... well... you'll be smart enough to not want to find out..." he said. He then turned to the Mismagius and smirked. "Now then... we're under the suspicion that you assisted an intruder earlier. Tell us his name, species, and his purpose for coming here in the first place. You'll also tell us what you know about the Gold Tribe's current plan. If not, then you'll tell me anyways. I assure you." The Sableye said with a snicker.

“Well…well….I managed to find the Silver Tribe already. Hmpf.” Levina scoffed to herself. "I will tell you NOTHING!" The Mismagius screamed, struggling to break free from her bonds, before slowly going silent. The silence broken by a soft chuckle coming from the prisoner. Quickly, the Mismagius’s chuckle turned into an almost hysterical laugh before subsided into a grin. "I think, citizens of Cape City, that Snype here is wise to tell you to keep looking. Look at me, and you look at your fate! If these monsters stay in control, you will all one day end up like me!" she shouted at them. ‘Well now…this is getting good.’ Levina got up and sat as her attention was drawn into the events taking place below her. The Sableye, known as Snype, smirked as the prisoner said she wouldn't say a word and ended up laughing. "Oh please, you don't seem to understand. They're about to end up like you." he said with a sinister chuckle.

Instantly the sinister Pokemon turned to a small family in the crowd and used Toxic on the mother. The other citizens tried to scatter but where blocked by a wall of Ancients. "Kehehe... you see Veletra, you hold the fate of everyone gathered around here. It really starts to beg the question of who will be the bigger villain here? Me for holding you here? Or you? For refusing to cooperate and causing the loss of several loved ones in the many families gathered here today... kehehe... you don't have to tell us a thing. I'll just continue to poison and burn everyone here. If we run out? I'll find more. Kehehe... I think I hear the sound of your conscience screaming! What's it gonna be?" Snype said with a large piercing smile. He then turned to the crowd. "I know you saw the intruder around here! You’re all free to speak for her as well! Otherwise we can continue playing the silent game! Either way, I win." Snype taunted.

Levina smirked as she watched the horrify event unfold in front of her. "Alright! Okay! I'll tell you," Veletra wailed as she started to cry at the sight of the Raichu. "His name is Tunar. Tunar Sylvester. He's a Flygon, and he is of the Gold Tribe, but he was separated from the main group. He came here looking for them. Just...please, give that Raichu a few Pecha Berries!" Snype simply snickered. "A Flygon huh? Kehehe. Was it necessary to dig a tunnel to help him escape? Kehehe... whatever. Sounds believable enough. Kehehe... I'm sure there’s more you can tell us. That Flygon didn't escape by flight. We'd have seen it. How did he get out?" Snype asked snapping his fingers. "Send a group of Ancients to investigate her home! Check her "garden" mostly. She was hiding back there for some reason. She mentioned something about a Digglet. Lie or not, I want that garden checked." he commanded. "It's either gonna be you, the citizens here, or we'll just find it ourselves. The longer you take, the more I kill." Snype said, still keeping his large smile.

"You monster! She's dead!" Veletra screamed pointlessly before finally giving in. "We...We knew you would be watching the sky, so I asked my friends Diglett and Dugtrio to..." she stuttered, "to create an entirely new tunnel in the tunnels beneath us, one leading away from Cape," she said. She took a moment to shed some tears for the fallen Raichu, and continued to lie. "He's far away by now, so you can call off this stupid little search!” “Kehehe, see? That wasn't so hard was it? The Sableye said, “You've done a good service for the silver tribe. And you'll be properly awarded..." He put a hand on her cheek and placed it under her chin, quickly a poisonous gas emerged from his hands to poison her as well. "Imprison her. We got what we need." Snype said with a sinister laugh.

“Well that was entertaining for a while.” Levina mumbled as she arched her back, like a black cat, stretching. Just then another Pokemon caught her attention. Levina watched as this Pokemon oddly and slowly walked up to a group of Ancients. ‘What is she up to? She must be stupid if she thinks she can take on that group of Ancients by herself.’ She thought. Her attention was drawn away from this odd Pokemon for a second when the slight ping of a dagger reached her ears. It had landed in front of the Mienshao, who picked it up and unraveled what appeared to be a note. “Someone’s idea of a joke? Because if so, it’s in poor taste and definitely to the wrong Pokemon.” The Mienshao stated as he showed the note to the others around him.

Shortly after, explosions rang throughout the air and shook the ground. A huge grin appeared on Levina’s face as she quickly searched for the sources of the explosions; the lust for battle slowly creeping up on her. Ignoring the actions of her new comrades, Levina jumped down from the roof and sprinted around the side streets looking for someone to battle. She searched for a few blocks but could only find terrified civilians and confused Ancients. This annoyed her even more as she cursed under her breath.

Levina made her way back to the group of Sentinels when her ears picked up something she found interesting. "………I'd rather not waste time with the citizens as much as I'd love to kill them all here. We have more important matters. The ancients can deal with them how they please if they wish. Make it a game if you will! Scatter them around and see who can kill the most!” It came from the Sableye who put on the display earlier. “Don’t mind if I do hehe.” Levina giggled to herself as she started electrocuting passing citizens while she approached the group. Her childish actions amused her as she jumped a little to the side to hit another passing civilian before returning to the group. “Aww everyone is gone now……” Levina sighed as she sat, bummed that her game came to an end so quickly. “So are you guys Sentinels?” Her gaze shifted to each member of the group before stopping on the Mienshao.
Old March 1st, 2013 (01:00 AM).
See You Space Cowboy
Team Sinnoh

Nature: Relaxed
Lair of the Madman

Zane was bewildered at the events transpiring in front of him. After they were all teleported away, he found himself in a large room with all of his other Gold Tribe members facing off a larger group of Pokemon, which Zane was able to guess were under the employment of the Madman. But what he didn't understand was the Pokemon who sat on the throne. Penance "Defender" Malum, the Gold Tribe member they had been looking for, appeared to be leading them. Zane was in shock, and even more so when the Golduck proclaimed them to have to answer for the Silver Tribe's actions. Everything slowly began to go to hell around him, making Zane begin to question whether his brother had completely lost it now. With all of them prepared to attack, he had no choice but to retaliate. But this madness had to end.

The Gold Tribe began to engage with these affiliates, each of them clashing with others. They had the numbers on their side, but the Gold Tribe usually had the advantage in skill. Zane began to engage with an Ursaring, who ran at him, slashing away, intent on turning Zane's body inside out. He quickly rolled to the side to evade the attack, landing less than a foot away, and thus narrowly dodging the attack. But as chance would have it, the close positioning he was in allowed for him to land a deadly hit to the side of the Ursaring, Zane exerting all of his strength to land a successful Night Slash on its ribs. The hit would have torn an Ancient in half should he have landed it on one of them. But to Zane's surprise, the wound, although opening his skin, and probably breaking a rib or two, was not enough to deter the Pokemon, who roared with anger and jumped at the Bisharp, trying to Body Slam it. Again, Zane used his smaller, lighter, and swifter body to avoid the attack, again being narrowly. He countered at the Ursaring with a clash of his own head with Zane's, the successful Iron Head, meeting the Ursaring's skull, and causing it to make a large crack noise. The Pokemon did not get up again after that, but as Zane looked down upon the beast, he could tell they weren't any regular footsoldiers. They were well trained, and able to take a lot of pain. Perhaps not Gold Tribe trained, but close.

Zane quickly got back into the action again, staring down a Raticate as he prepared his move against him. The two were locked in a momentary standstill, until the Pokemon made his move against Zane, trying to hit fast with a quick attack. It was impressive speed, and that was saying something coming from him, as he had seen his fair share of quick Pokemon. However, the move was a bit predictable: speed up, trying to turn the corner and hope the swift attack gets the opponent confused enough to not see an attack coming from behind. He had dealt with plenty of those, and was able to counter with a no-fail Aerial Ace, hitting his target with precision and accuracy, the Raticate falling dead in seconds.

Zane looked back up at the action around him, everyone seeming to be able to handle themselves well enough. These Pokemon were tough, true. But tough as they were, the fact of the matter is there were few Pokemon in Valkaria that could take on a group of Gold Tribe members pound for pound and emerge victorious. Though they still made up with it with superior numbers. He took notice of the three newcomers in the group. He noted before that they were all Gold Tribe as well. Zane assumed for now the three of them were traveling together for a while, or found each other at one point. Wherever they came from, they seemed to be fairing well, as was expected. Zane saw each of them fighting, taking notice of the tactics employed. He observed the oddly colored Ninetales, and then the Lilligant, before his eyes traveled to the strange-looking Golurk. Zane once knew a Golurk, also of the tribe. It was a long time ago, before the battle. He never knew what fate became of him. In fact, if this one didn't have its skin mutation, he would look just like...

Zane snapped to just as a Sandshrew jumped out in front of him, slashing at his torso. Because of the distraction, the attack hit, scraping at his chest, drawing blood. Thankfully, Zane had retracted himself far enough as to avoid a serious injury. In a swift motion, he retaliated, elbowing the Pokemon with his sharp ends, before finishing him on the back of the neck with a deadly Night Slash. Zane looked up as he noticed TrueStriker attempt a strike at Defender, but couldn't follow through at the last moment. He also noticed Blitzkrieg engage with the unstable Golduck he once called brother.

"Penance!" Zane shouted at him from his position. "Stop this madness! Why are you doing this? You attack us and call us criminals! For the acts of the Silver Tribe?! You know that we are not responsible for that. We're trying to save The Alpha Alliance! Have you truly lost your mind?"

Making his way over to assist his fellow tribesman, Zane ran forward, knowing the only way this was all going to stop was to subdue the one they called the Madman, the one Zane used to call Defender. Whatever would become of them now, he was certain of one thing: He would never use his title to address him ever again.

Cape City

Scar had to agree with Genevieve. With everything that had occurred around this time period, it all seemed to coincidental to be chance. "A kill-all order..." Scar repeated, mulling over the option. The suggestion was truly enticing. Pokemon around Cape were large in number, and rising daily as more refugees poured in. It was a boiling pot now, and it was likely to burst at any moment. Exterminating them now would be wise, as the message sent would be so drastic, none would ever attempt something of this nature again.

Yet he would expect that the Gold Tribe would know about this, so he wondered why they would go about this whole charade in the first place. If he knew them like he did, this didn't seem to add up. It was far too secretive, and far too dangerous for the lives of citizens. He knew how much the Gold Tribe didn't wish to put any of them in harms way. It was a reason why Cape City stood in their hands as long as it did. Any direct attack would result in too many casualties for the other side, an unacceptable amount.

Snype voiced his opinion, and Scar also took his position into consideration. As he mulled the options, he spoke back to the both of them. "Whatever we do, there are a few things we need to find out: First, who is behind these attacks, and how do we stop them. I do agree, it may be possible that this has something to do with the Gold Tribe. And yet...I feel perhaps not. These attacks are too reckless for their kind. No, I think we're dealing with a more fanatical group. Though I am unsure at this time..." Placing a claw upon his chin, he thought for a moment before he spoke once more, addressing the Sentinels, "The problem with a kill all order, dear Genevieve, is this: Once it is issued, it cannot be stopped. And once that happens, news of it will spread like wildfire. If the Gold Tribe aren't involved now, they most certainly will be then. And not just them. The Alpha Alliance army will come too. Of this I am sure. The fact that our city hosts so many of their citizens is a reason they have waited so long to come for us in the first place."

Scar began to pace back and forth as he apparently continued to debate the options present. "But...would bringing upon the wrath of the Alpha Alliance really be that bad of an idea in the first place? I mean, we have the numbers. Certainly we have the advantage of fortifications. We have most o f the Sentinels here in the city now. If we bait them now, this could be it. We could end it all in one glorious, bloody massacre of a battle."

Scar stopped pacing, and faced the Sentinels, first turning to Deluge, and then to Genevieve, followed by Snype. "With this in mind, what do you elect we should do? Sure, we can hunt these rebels down now, wherever they may be. We can empty our streets now and bring this all back to order. We can simply start killing all of the citizens, the effect of which would probably bring about a chain of events. Or...we can wait and see. I am impartial to any option at the moment, so I leave the decision up to you. But whatever path we do choose, this rebellion ends now. Wherever they are hiding, we will flush them out. By any means."

As Scar awaited a reply from the other Sentinels, he picked up another voice, which approached them from the side street. A Jolteon. Unknown was this Pokemon to him, and from his already sour mood because of all that had occurred around, he wasn't in a very talkative mood. "You know of us, and yet you approach us and speak to us so freely as if you have been given that right." Scar positioned his body to prepare a strike upon the newcomer, already weary of the day's surprises, and not in the mood for any others. "If you are so eager for a death wish, I will gladly oblige."

Paired with the Epic Legend
Old March 1st, 2013 (12:08 PM).
Team Sinnoh

Levina ~ Cape City

Levina watched the group as the Meinshao addressed her. "You know of us, and yet you approach us and speak to us so freely as if you have been given that right." He positioned his body to prepare an attack on her. "If you are so eager for a death wish, I will gladly oblige.” Levina rolled her eyes annoyed and gave the eager Meinshao a look that said you’ve got to be kidding me. “Don’t get your fur in a bunch twinkle toes. I’m here on orders.” Levina took off the small backpack that adorned her back and dug through it, taking out a small envelope that had a seal on the back of it. Static electricity faintly crackled from the letter as she gave it a fling towards the Meinshao. “Here catch!” Levina then proceeded to return her backpack on her back. “It’s from some guy named Auron. Something about me being a Sentinel because of my fighting in Shine City and Gravel City. I was told to come help you guys with something. I don’t really know. Wasn’t paying too much attention. I was more focused on the fact that I get to slaughter Gold Tribe members hehe.” She chuckled and smirked turning her attention to the Sableye. “I enjoyed the performance by the way. I take it the prisoner is suffering as we speak?”
Old March 1st, 2013 (01:02 PM).
Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Team Johto
Silver Tier

Nature: Bold
Snype snickered at the newcomer. He liked her already! She had pretty good taste in terms of killing. Turns out that she was a new sentinel. That meant that Snype was no longer the newest, meaning he could pick on the newbie a bit! Snype approached the new Sentinel and gave off a large grin.

"Kehe, of course. She's poisoned at the moment and probobly passed out. I picture she'll be out of her hair either way. Even if she does escape, she'll die beforehand either way." Snype said. Now back to the matter at hand. Scar mentioned two possible courses of action they could take. He figured the final decision would be upon Auron though. He was running this whole thing after all... As much as Snype wanted to kill everyone, he had to be smart about this sort of thing.

"Kill all the citizens and that means you'll have a rebelion and the Gold Tribe to face. I'd fear we'd be outnumbered if the groups ended up having an alliance. Who knows what they're up to. I still say we do what we can to stop the rebelion though. Scare them enough so that they don't try something like this again. But lets be smart about it. Kehehe... we'll end it all in one grand battle when the time is right. Feels a bit early for that if you ask me." Snype said.

Trainer Academy RP Pokemon
Snype (Sableye)- Lv. 52- Detect, Shadow Sneak, Will-o-wisp, Low Sweep, Foul Play, Taunt (Ability: Keen Eye)
Commodore (Porygon-Z)- Lv. 55 -Signal beam, Conversion 2, Recover, Tri Attack, Ice Beam, Trick Room (Ability: Trace)
Len (Poliwraith)- Lv. 53- Bubblebeam, Brick Break, Body Slam, Belly Drum, Sleep Talk, Rest (Ability: Water Absorb)
Able (Ninjask)- Lv. 46 - X-Scissor, Slash, Double Team, Protect, Baton Pass, Swords Dance (Ability: Speed Boost)
Kara (Gligar) Lv. 35 Acrobatics, Substitute, Fury Cutter, Knock Off, Slash,Toxic (Ability: Poison Heal)
Xerox (Ditto) Lv. 35 Transform (Ability: Imposter)

(In Box)
Shedinja- Lv. 35 Fury Swipes, Confuse Ray, Sand attack, Leech Life, Mind Reader, Scratch (Ability: Wonder Guard)
Omanyte- Lv. 35 Brine, Mud Shot, Rollout, Ice Beam, Protect, Bite
(Ability: Swift Swim)
Old March 1st, 2013 (02:28 PM).
Claptrap Directive 3: DANCE!
Team Unova
ModeratorCSGTEO

Nature: Adamant
"I cannot endorse a kill all order," Sovereign said, finally joining the conversation. "Killing ruthlessly on the battlefield is one thing, but we can't just kill an entire city." Sovereign found it difficult to speak in contrast of Genevieve, but this was a step too far. Sovereign himself had never even partaken of torturing victims in the torture houses. "What good is a kingdom if all the citizens are dead? There is no honor to be had in such an action, and many of them wouldn't even be able to defend themselves." Sovereign mulled over the situation in his head. "Why not stage an execution?" Vera suggested. "Pick a group of individuals we know are not responsible, and put them under the blade. Whoever is behind this is sure to reveal themselves in the face of losing innocents. Those heroic types love opportunities like that. And it would serve the dual purpose of striking fear into the masses, as Snype suggested." Sovereign smiled. He could always count on her to come up with a plan, even if he couldn't. "Yes," said Sovereign, "that sounds like an excellent idea..."

Old March 1st, 2013 (06:08 PM).
Just won't die.
Team Kanto
Gold Tier

Paladin
Madman's Battlefield

Paladin was done. He was subtle and discreet by nature, although he often failed in being so due to his large size and overly notable features, he tried as best he could. Because of this, every fiber of his being was telling him to stop this pointless fighting and find a way out of here. He hadn't come here for this, and while he did foresee most of the problems that had arisen thus far, he certainly didn't imagine ending up here. He'd been alone for over a year now, and suddenly, in one day, he is reunited with the Gold Tribe. While he should have overjoyed, he found himself feeling more angry and irritated than he had expected. He didn't enjoy killing, but he had to do so several times over the course of this day. He simply refused to take part in this sick little game any longer. When he glanced at the owner of the demented mind that had planned all of this, the Golduck sitting in his throne, he noticed a Gallade behind him. The psychic fighter appeared hesitant to kill the evildoer, though he could have easily done so in one fell swoop by the looks of him. The green Salamence next to him was also somewhat hesitant, though he seemed more willing to kill the Pokemon than the Gallade was. This made Golurk wonder if they knew this Pokemon. The fact that they wouldn't kill him surprised Paladin, after what the nefarious Golduck had done to them all. For a moment, Paladin wondered if perhaps he should take it into his own hands to kill this evildoer himself, but decided against it. 'Enough killing for one day,' he thought to himself.

Paladin's next objective was to find a way out. Doing his best to avoid the fighting Pokemon, Paladin made his way back to Allora, his partner. "We have to get out of here," he said sternly. Unfortunately, he didn't know how. The walls were made from a weaker form of concrete, but he sensed that they were over 20 inches thick, which he couldn't break through without causing a ruckus. No, he had to use a more silent approach, which would be somewhat hard because of his big size and the ongoing chaos around him. He scanned the room closely, inspecting all the walls, and even the ceiling. His initial thought on the ceiling was that it was stronger than the walls, but much less thick. It would be hard, but if he could build enough momentum while flying to break through, he would be out of there soon. However, he noticed that there were many Flying types in the room, some of which looked quite fast, that could catch up to him in a matter of seconds if he flew away. Plus, if he tried to take Allora and the Lilligant with him, they would receive a nasty blow from the break through the ceiling. Besides, that wouldn't exactly be subtle either.

Paladin continued his examination of the room, looking for any nook or cranny that Allora could possibly fit her slim frame through. If he could not escape, he at least could ensure her safety. However, he was suddenly knocked from his feet by an immense force of power. The impact with whatever had hit him propelled him backwards almost ten feet, before the giant Golurk came crashing down on the ground. Dazed and confused, Paladin rose, wondering what in Arceus's name could have hit him of all people so hard.

What he found in front of him was massive, intimidating, and looked so much like him that he felt like he was looking into a mirror, skin deformities aside. The Pokemon that had used Giga Impact on him was Golurk. This Golurk was normal looking, apart from various scars he had on his arms and chest. His seal was complete, though tattered and worn out. "You ain't goin' nowhere, brother," the Golurk stated, the glare of his malformed eyes was directed straight at Paladin's own, similarly shaped eyes, which made Paladin feel unnerved, which was rare for one such as him. Since his awakening in the Wastes of Will, Paladin had not met another living Golurk. Ever. This was his first encounter with one such as himself, and it both excited and terrified him. 'That's a new feeling,' he thought, as he shook off the damage done to him. Still, he could feel a terrible ache where he had been struck.

"I don't want to kill you, Golurk, I just want my freedom," Paladin plead. This time, though, he wasn't sure if he could beat his opponent. The Golurk in front of him laughed a hearty laugh, as if he was truly amused by his brother's words. "Sorry, friend, but I ain't leavin' without my share of blood, and you're the only blood in here worthy of being spilled by me," the Golurk said. "By the way, I got a name. It's Jeb."

"So be it, Jeb," Paladin said finally, as he took a battle stance and prepared for Jeb's attack. The unrelenting fellow Golurk attacked him with a Shadow Punch, which Paladin narrowly managed to evade. Paladin moved to Jeb's side and hit him with his own Shadow Punch, causing Jeb to stumble a few steps back. He soon came to his senses, however, and came at Paladin with a full force Zen Heabutt, striking him right in the chest. Paladin felt his seal weaken from the blow, and was forced backwards by Jeb's attack. However, while Jeb had his head to Paladin's chest, the Gold Triber managed to take advantage of the opportunity and grab Jeb in a headlock. Paladin's opponent struggled while Paladin himself attempted to keep his grip as firm as possible, though it was difficult because of Jeb's ferocity. Paladin clobbered the head he had gripped with Shadow Punches repeatedly. He wanted to use Hammer Arm, but knew it would have no effect on his Ghost typed opponent.

Paladin eventually couldn't keep Jeb in his grasp anymore, and the moment he got loose, Jeb came at Paladin with two Shadow Punches directly to the face. Paladin took a step back and went back at him with his own Shadow Punch, but Jeb dodged it more swiftly than he should have been able to. With a shock, Paladin realized that Jeb had used Rock Polish while he was ensnared in his grip. This rendered his opponent much faster than him, which was a huge disadvantage. Jeb was quickly able to hit Paladin square in his seal as he turned around to face him, propelling Paladin backwards again. Jeb approached him quickly, and tried a Giga Impact. Paladin tried to defend himself, but was too slow, and was knocked backwards ten feet. The giant Golurk landed on an unfortunate Watchog, squishing him to the point where his ribs cracked. With quite some difficulty, Paladin rose once again, facing his tough opponent. Jeb cracked his knuckles and let out a gruff chuckle. "You don't give up, do you?" he crackled.

No. Paladin was not going to lose to this menace. His friends depended on him to find a way out. He could not be defeated now, without knowing anything of his past. Paladin's heartbeat raced, and for the first time in the last few hours, he noticed the drumbeat again. 'Dum, dum, dum, dum,' in his mind, over and over, getting faster as his rage built up. Then, without warning, Paladin let out a deafening shout. "RAAAAAAAAGH!" he screamed. Both his eyes began to blacken, and his sight was filled with red. The last sliver of his logical mind realized what was happening before it faded away in a sea of hate. He was letting his inner power take him over. Though he could not see it, his darker side was slowly overtaking his lighter one, until his entire being was a sickly grey. This had never happened before on this level, probably because back then Paladin had nothing to lose. Now he had Allora, Zed, and the Gold Tribe. He was not going to die, even if it meant letting his darkness overtake him.

The dark Paladin retracted his hands and legs, putting himself into his flying position. By now, Jeb stood stunned where he was, not able to comprehend what had just happened. Paladin then began to fly at his fellow Golurk at an awesome speed, crashing into him in mere seconds. Dark Paladin then wrapped his arms around Jeb, carrying him upwards with him. The two went spiraling towards the ceiling. "No, no, no, no, noooo!" were Jeb's last words, before the two Golurk crashed into the hard ceiling. As expected, the ceiling did not break, but the dark Paladin had created a large crack in its surface. Jeb and Paladin began their descent to the ground. Even from so high up, it was apparent that Jeb was dead, his arms and chest were crushed beyond repair, and his head had a large crack down the middle, exposing the energies within him that were fading away. Paladin, however, began to revert back to normal, or at least, his version of normal. The darkness retreated back to one side of his body, revealing his normal coloration on the other. Paladin's last conscious thought was:

'What have I done?'
Old March 1st, 2013 (08:11 PM).
A mad mind... hehe
Team Hoenn

Nature: Serious
Penance 'Madman' Malum - His Throne Room.... or is it?

Penance smirked as he saw the various Gold Tribe members act. Yes... it was unique to say the least. He watched keenly as they all reacted the same way... or at least most of them. Battle instincts kicked in and it truly showed as Vigil went for a few of the attacking pokemon, taking down an Ursaring quite easily and using his form to dodge any attack attempting to hit him. The Salamance that was a different color from Bloodthirster was causing a lot of chaos. He had a temper as evidenced by using his attacks to quickly use the cauldron of boiling water against the pokemon on the field to cause burns and disorientation among them, yet at the same time he didn't attack the Golduck at the throne. He just flew next to Truestriker. Interesting, very interesting. Truestriker himself didn't show any force toward the enemy in front of him either. He did send out an attack, but it was more along to scare the Golduck instead of harm him... yet again showing Penance a bit more of what he had already thought.

While the others he had traveled with fought among the group he could also see that the Salamance wasn't the only latest edition that the group had picked up. There was a Ninetails that was cleaving through her victims. She easily downed a Machop, Mothim, and Pidgeotto, yet when a Swampert was about to attack her a Golurk had stepped up to defend her, taking the attack for her even though he himself was weak to it. Once more very interesting to Penance. It seemed this Golurk was trying to protect the fire type and from what Ramsley had told him... yes... those two shared quite a bond. It was a shame he had found out so early though, he liked unraveling mysteries by himself, but Ramsley was Ramsley, what could you do?

The Golurk was a powerhouse naturally. He managed to take down the Swampert and an Electivire, though Penance didn't give him as much credit fro the Electivire though it was a type advantage after all. And then... more interesting things happened. Yes, he was interesting indeed. One other pokemon that did catch his eye though was a Lilligant that seemed to cower among the fighting. He could tell that she didn't want to fight... but yet there she went and killed a Koroark, but only in self-defense. Another interesting case from a typical run of the mill Goldy. That was always good.

Finally... there were the others. Hoodhide, Bloodthirster, Sword and Shield, Gallant, Dryad, The Swift, The Healer, The Prince of Light, and an Alakazam... ah! The Alakazam from the library... hehe. Well, that was quite unique now wasn't it? Never left before and now here, that just proved times were desperate didn't it? Yes, desperate times led to desperate measures, which is why this had to happen.

As Zane rushed to 'Penance' however the Golduck smirked at him and... vanished. The moment Zane touched him it seemed that the Golduck just disappeared into air. Suddenly a voice spoke up. "Well... that is it isn't it? I must admit, this taught me a lot." At once the pokemon the Gold Tribe had been fighting vanished. Blood, bones, the cauldron itself, all vanished. Even the throne disappeared. For those that looked up they would see a crossbeam going across the room and sitting right on it was a Golduck with an Abra sitting next to him. "Though I must say that was a unique performance and I have labels." He got up and stretched his back, "I was wondering when you all would get here, though, I was expecting a different entrance. Of course it helps to always have a plan." He stated as he walked along the beam, eying them down below.

"The funny thing? Illusions can be harmful so long as those experiencing them believe them to be real. Though you should probably train those minds a bit more if they can be this easily manipulated. Not good at all for going after the Silver Crystal, right?" He asked them. He sighed at that point, "Though too much time has been wasted now. You know there are still a good few plans to be realized, but also a bit more to deconstruct." He scratched at the back of his neck. "I wonder... do you all think this is a dream? I mean those illusions were pretty convincing.... this could all be in your heads, or not. You take your picks." He said with a meager shrug. "The psychics are pretty powerful, but I'm not sure if they would want to take the time to simulate a dream for everyone you know?"

The Abra giggled with laughter, "But they are so stupid! They fell hook line and sinker!"

"Like Penance stated though, all fall for it." Suddenly in the room a good ten psychics appeared. There were three Alakazams, a Hypno, a Gardevoir, two Grumpigs, a Slowbro, a Lunatone, and finally a Xatu who was the one who had spoken. The Xatu calmly eyed the Gold Tribe. "Very unique are your minds indeed. Though... some more unique than others." He stated as he glanced at the fallen Golurk.

"Cause they're stupid!" The Abra stated gleefully once more as he teleported near the other psychics.

Penance jumped from the beam he was on shooting out a Water Pulse beneath him. The Pulse was kept contained in its ball state thanks to his Confusion and he landed on top of it in mid-air, slowing down his speed and giving him a cushion as he landed feet first on the floor. The golden band on his right arm was gone and he looked among them once more, "So then, I assume questions are in order? Perhaps the fact that the psychics linked up with your minds while you all slumbered can take away a few. The rest are natural of course but we can walk and talk I suppose. The scouts already report that it's getting topsy curvy up there so we should probably get onto that. That is if you all want to of course." He said with a shrug. "Or... you all could be holding in inner rage and really really want to kill me. Natural for that to happen as well I suppose, it can't really be helped though. Although death means a harder time trying to get the city freed as well as innocents killed and this whole city within a city turning upon you all. And due to the fact that many here have been trained to kill Goldies... your odds aren't that great with that route, still, I do give you the free will to decide what to do." He stated. "So... what will it be?" The Golduck asked them.
Old March 1st, 2013 (09:45 PM).
Muffins forever
Team Johto

"Do you WANT to get caught?" Lashire hissed back to the silently Gold Tribe. "Stop shouting out. The echos carry for quite a while." After another turn, another hissed warning came back toward them as lights appeared up ahead. "That's the patrols, stay quiet." By the time they reached the spot where the lights had been, they had already disappeared down another tunnel. After this, Daricka began noticing the lights of other patrols shining through the tunnels, but each time they had already gone before the Gold Tribe reached them. "Okay, we're almost there. Just stay quiet." Lashire said softly. "There is usually a large patrol up ahead. We need to be quick." The scout paused as he gazed down the next tunnel, a frown forming on his face. "Oh dear..."

Daricka peered past him to see what had caused his worry, and spotted a group of Ancients guarding the path ahead. She waited patiently while Lashire had a whispered conference with Vigil. Then, as Vigil informed the Gold Tribe of the distraction plan, the trio of scouts disappeared back the way they had come. Not long later, a crashing sound echoed through the tunnels, drawing the attention of the Ancients who scurried off to find the source of the sound. As soon as the coast was clear, the Gold Tribe dashed down the passage the Ancients had been guarding. Daricka's ears twitched as some of the larger Pokemon, less suited to stealth, made the thudding sound of their footsteps despite their best attempts to be silent. Speed and stealth just don't mix for some.

She would have continued onward, but Vigil stopped them before they had gone to far. Daricka scowled in irritation. They should be taking the chance given to them, not waiting! If the scouts didn't have a plan to get away, they wouldn't have volunteered as decoys in the first place, so there really wasn't any reason to wait for them.

The form of a Kabutops making its way back toward them caught Daricka's attention, but before she could think of a way to get to the Ancient and silence it before it alarmed its comrades, Saul dropped down on it from ceiling. After a moment of grappling its mouth shut and slamming a knife deeper and deeper into its necks, the Kabutops' lifeless body fell silently to the ground. Crimson blood still staining him, the Tyrogue took off, motioning for the Gold Tribe to follow which the did.

Be on alert, Zane said through the telepathic link TrueStriker had set up. Not that Daricka really needed to be told so again. After awhile of running through the twists and turns of the underground, Saul stopped and glanced warily about then brushed his hand against a part of the wall, and it slid open to reveal a cavity on the other side. The Gold Tribe followed Saul inside, and the Tyrogue pushed a button that closed the entryway behind them. Already inside was Lashire holding the still sound asleep Eevee.

"What happened?" The Pawniard questioned.

"What ya think?" Saul retorted. "They stopped. You know, it's good of me to have stayed back and waited up there! Sheesh! They are idiots!"

Lashire frowned at this, but his expression quickly changed to a wide smile as he turned to Vigil. "We are actually here Mr. Vigil!" He stated proudly. "I will ask you all to stay here for the moment while we enter the main cavern. It's procedure and also... with a Scizor in your group and the fact that the Sentinels do enlist former Gold Tribe members, you could easily be mistaken for Sentinels, no need to get shishkabobed with all kinds of attacks right?"

"Yeah, stay tight and don't do anything stupid like, say, readying an attack or something," Saul muttered. "That will lead to death instantly."

"I understand," Vigil assented with a nod. Seemingly satisfied, the scouts went to the far end of the tunnel where the wall slid open after they knocked three times, only to close behind them.

"Everyone all here? Everyone alright?" Vigil asked, looking for confirmation that everyone was present. "Alright, good. Now, we don't know who exactly this Pokemon is, or what he is capable of, so we should be cautious. But remember, we're here to work together with them. Still, let's make sure to keep our eyes open, just in case."

Daricka couldn't agree more. She'd dealt with plenty of shifty characters in her past, and the feeling she was getting right now wasn't a pleasant one. Her senses told her something was wrong, and her body hummed with adrenaline. If it weren't for her strict control, she would have jumped out of her skin when a hissing noise sounded through the chamber. Deciding to trust her instincts, she scrambled up the wall before she even noticed the green gas leaking out of the walls, her lithe fingers finding handholds a less experienced Pokemon might not be able to. She clung tightly to her perch, trying to deduce her next course of action as the sickly green smoke filled up the room and swirled up toward her. However, the poison quickly surrounded her. As it took its affect on her, her grip loosened and she fell back to the ground, her wavering gaze blanking out as her body succumbed to the gas.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It took a moment for Daricka's eyes to adjust to the dim lighting of what could only be described as a cell, with its gray walls and closely set iron... balls? Daricka straightened up as she came to full wakefuleness, her back sore back protesting. Perhaps climbing that wall to escape the gas hadn't been the best idea... Studying the closely set iron balls in the flickering candlelight, she wondered as to their purpose. She'd spent time a few jails herself during her thieving years when she was unlucky enough to be caught - rare as those occasions were, and she always escaping before very long - and they'd all had bars, not balls. Still, it had the same despairing appearance as a prison, so it couldn't be anything but.

"Is everyone alright?" The familiar voice of Vigil drew Daricka's attention away from her speculations.

"I am fine," she replied, raising her voice to be certain she would be heard. Approaching the edge of the her musty cell, she peered out as best she could. After some straining of her neck, she was able to survey the cells containing Vigil, Bloodthirster, Sword and Shield, Speculum, Guardia, Hoodhide, and Dryad. She hesitated a moment, then checked again, only to come to the same result. Only a portion of the Gold Tribe was here.

"Ugh...where the hell are we?" Guardia's voice came from across the dark room. "Why are we in these cells? Damn it! We should never have trusted those scouts!"

"Grr...these bars can't be bent. They must be made out of something special," Sword and Shield bellowed from his own cell. "Do you believe this was the Silver Tribe?" If they were made for a special reason, that would explain the strange design...

"Who the heck else?!" Guardia screamed back, the sound of her claws clashing against the bars grating against Daricka's ears. "They're probably gonna deliver us to the Sentinels right now. Damn it!" Daricka didn't doubt that was a possibility, but it wouldn't explain why only a few of them were here.

The tromping of large feet announced the arrival of a Rhydon, Aggron, and a pair of Blastoise. "Wake up Goldies! We're taking ya to the event," The Aggron pounded his hands into each other. "Don't make us get too physical, besides, you wouldn't want the rest of your comrades to pay the price rigiht?" He chuckled as the four went to the different cells and began to open them up.

"Event? What event?" Vigil asked. "Why are you holding us here? Don't you know who we are? Where are the rest of us?"

The Aggron rolled his eyes. "Ask anymore questions and well, he'll take care of the problem. Trust me, you don't want to know what he will do to you all. Let's get going. Chop chop! Don't want to keep everyone waiting!"

Daricka complied without resistance, her expression hiding any thoughts that might be running through her head. The guards lead them up a staircase that in turn opened up in a brown-stoned hallway. From another stairwell, an Abra was descending with the missing members of the Gold Tribe as well as Dinorah. Still, Daricka didn't allow herself to feel relief quite yet. Whatever was going on, she doubted it was in their best interests.

"Don't run, or you may have to be killed!" the Abra quipped before her headed down the hall.

As Zane inquired as to the well being of the others, Daricka turned to look at three Pokemon that had been brought separately: an unconscious Ninetales, a Golurk, and a Lilligant. From the emblems each had, it appeared they too were Gold Tribe.

"Alright, we're all here. Now anyone have any Arceus-damn idea what the hell we're all doing here, and who's behind this?!" a clearly irritated Guardia exclaimed.

"I've got an idea." Gallant replied thoughtfully. "I didn't think the Pokemon was still alive, but this is too much of a coincidence to not be connected." Daricka turned her attention him as he continued. "Before the invasion, we all know the main enemy around were the thieves. That's true. But here in Cape City, there was another Pokemon, someone who was just as dangerous as the King of Thieves. He had a contingency of followers, and was able to do a lot of damage with what we believed to be a lot less resources than us. He even managed to kill a couple of Gold Tribe members who were in pursuit of him at that time. I had a run-in with him once. A long time ago. I would have died too, if it wasn't for a fellow brother saving me at the price of his own life. But he disappeared a long time ago. Some thought he died. Others thought he went into hiding permanently. We never found his hide-out, and we never found a body, but we still assumed he was long gone. I guess not. I'm sure some of you have heard of him before. He was quite renown back in the day."

Daricka's mind process jump started as she realized who Gallant was talking about. The Madman, a criminal spoken of in awed whispers among the street Pokemon of Gold City. How could she not have heard of him? She had never learned much about him, but in her younger years the tales would have been enough to keep her from ever straying to Cape City, if she ever even left Gold City in the first place.

It was at that moment that an Alakazam appeared and teleported them to a different room. After blinking away the discombobulation that followed the unexpected transportation, Daricka's eyes fixed on a sight that surprised even her. Defender sat upon a throne made of gold, situated in a large room.

“Welcome Goldies!” the Golduck exlaimed with a smile as her spread his arms wide, the crowd of Pokemon watching the scene cheering with excitement. Daricka didn't take her eyes off of him as she struggled to puzzle out was going on. She could already tell them something was off. “Now now, let’s not get over eager. Madness can get a bit crazy sometimes.” The roar of the laughing crowd was lost on Daricka as she furrowed her brows in thought. “Now… quite some time it’s been eh? A whole day or close to one… or perhaps a year. It’s so hard to tell from down here!” Defender rolled his eyes and quickly jumped back in his chair. “Now, to atone for crimes by the Silver Tribe you all will… SUFFER!” He stated gleefully as he jumped so he was now standing on top of his chair. The ground in front of them suddenly pushed back to reveal a bubbling cauldron below, but Daricka's eyes were still fixed on Defender as dread filled her. She really hoped the conclusion she was approaching was wrong. “Now, who would like to be cooked first?’ Defender asked eagerly as he glanced about. “How about the meaty ones? Or the skinny ones? I’m impartial myself!” He crackled with laughter and snapped his fingers as flames shot out from below and lit the pot on fire, or at least the top anyway. “Now, prepare to suffer for crimes against the City and the Alpha Alliance! So, who wants to step in first!?” He asked with a sadistic grin. Either Defender had completely lost his mind, or this had been his true guise all along. The latter would definitely it easier to deal with the obviously crazed Golduck, since that would he had been tricking them the entire time. Not that Daricka had many qualms about fighting him at the moment, though she really hoped they wouldn't have to permanently remove him from this life.

“You know, I am REALLY getting bored of this!” A voice cried out. Daricka glanced upward where the voice had come from and spotted a Joltik on the ceiling with a few other Pokemon. “Madman you’ve gone too far this time! Gold Tribe! Get ready for a battle!” So, Daricka's suspicions were confirmed. Defender was not Defender. He was the Madman. Perhaps the Defender the Gold Tribe had known as a brother was still there somewhere, but until her revealed himself, the Madman was all that mattered if they wanted to get out of this alive.

Defender... No, the Madman rolled his eyes and pointed at the Gold Tribe. “First the Goldies, then Sheera. Get to it!” He cried out. Chaos immediately broke out as the Pokemon clashed, the Madman cackling as her formed a Water Pulse. “It’s madness in here!”

Daricka's first order of operation was to reach the Madman and sort out this mess, and she wasn't surprised to spot TrueStriker already confronting the lunatic Golduck. But first, she would need some extra power to deal with the Pokemon come at her and the rest of her companions from all sides. A bright glow surrounded her as she danced gracefully out of the way of a flying ball of mud. As the Calm Mind faded away, Daricka could feel the power burning hot within her, ready to unleash itself on some unlucky foe. Not seeing a reason why she shouldn't grant it its wish, the Infernape put her hands out to either of her and quickly but carefully balanced energy into both of her palms to form two glowing orbs. She shot the two Focus Blasts forward, the double attack barreling into the Pokemon closest her and exploding on impact, force knocking all but the heaviest off of their feet. Not about to give them a chance to recover, a dark Heat Wave rolled out from her, purposefully constrained to only hit the Pokemon that had been knocked over by the Focus Blasts so her brethren wouldn't be caught up in the boiling air. However, that was likely the last chance she was going to get to attack the same Pokemon in quick succession as the Madman's army closed in on them. Now she would have the added trouble of defending from physical attacks.

Daricka's flexible frame bent backwards as a Dodrio struck at her with one of its heads. She then used the momentum to turn the bend into a flip, gripping the wingless bird's head with her legs to send it crashing into the ground behind her while also messing up the attack pattern of the other two heads that had been aiming their sharp beaks at her legs. She swung around to face the Dodrio again, Her muscular tail thwacking into one of its heads as it rose off the ground. One again channeling energy to her hands, she used Close Combat, her limbs became a flurry as they dealt blows to the three heads, partial Focus Blasts forming each time she drew a hand back then exploding into one of the Dodrio's heads the moment she struck. She leaped back as the the trio of bird heads fell forward limply, their brains thoroughly splattered. Not very clean, but it was efficient enough and saved her the energy of creating a full-powered Focus Blast.

Her next opponent - or, opponents - were a Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee that seemed accustomed to fighting together. When the Hitmonchan punched toward her head, the Hitmonlee would attempt to swipe her legs out from under her with a Low Kick. After the Hitmonchan landed a successful hit on her shoulder that sent her spinning off balance, Daricka thought up a quick plan and spun with the attack, her body becoming enveloped in dark flames. Her spinning movement caused the flames from the Flare Blitz to flare outward, scorching the two fighting-types and giving her the opportunity to bring the Hitmonlee down with a small, precisely aimed Focus Blast that struck it through the eye and straight through its brain. The Hitmonchan took longer as it exchanged fierce blows with the Infernape, despite the burns covering its body. Daricka's eyes were constantly watching for an opening, and they soon found a small one as the Hitmonchan flinched when she struck a burn on its arm. Reaching quickly forward before her foe could raise its defense again, Daricka wrapped her left hand tightly around its neck then struck its head hard with her right fist, all in a matter of seconds. The Hitmonchan's head snapped backward, far further back than it should naturally be able to go, with a snap that was lost in the sounds of battle.

A small burst of impatience filled her when she realized she had been distracted from her target, but a side glance told her that Bloodthirster and Vigil had already joined TrueStriker in confronting the Madman. However, as she was launching a Flare Blitz encased fist at Lopunny, it disappeared. She spun around quickly, thinking perhaps it had somehow gotten behind her, then stopped when she noticed all of the other Pokemon the Gold Tribe had been battling against had also disappeared.

"Though I must say that was a unique performance and I have labels," she heard the Madman saying, and she turned to see he at least was still there with an Abra alongside him. "I was wondering when you all would get here, though, I was expecting a different entrance. Of course it helps to always have a plan. The funny thing? Illusions can be harmful so long as those experiencing them believe them to be real. Though you should probably train those minds a bit more if they can be this easily manipulated. Not good at all for going after the Silver Crystal, right?"

Daricka's muscles relaxed, though only slightly. So he wasn't the Madman. He had just been testing them. He was still Defender. Or was he? She eyed the Golduck she had only just moments ago considered an enemy as he continued to talking, finding she still didn't really trust him. Even if he said it was only illusions, he had still successfully tricked them and she didn't put it beyond him to do it again.

"So... what will it be?" The Golduck asked them. Daricka shifted her posture, forcing down the last of the tension in her body that was left from the illusory battle. For anyone who knew her, the relaxation would mean that she trusted them, or that she was at least in agreement. She wouldn't mind if Defender believed she had faith in him; it would only make it that much easier to figure out what was going on inside that head of his. She cast a sidelong look at Vigil, waiting to see what he would decide.

Sponsored Links