Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner
Notices

Roleplay Corner The realm where writers gather to create glorious tales or silly drama together and chronicle their adventures. Start or join roleplays featuring Pokémon, other franchises or something completely original!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old September 17th, 2013, 03:00 AM
<Challenger>
Stay Dandy, baby.

Nature: Jolly

Advertise here
Jirmonji "The Swift" Slynt
YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE!
The Swift could barely keep up with his speedy opponent. His strength was almost as great as his speed. "You're stronger than I gave you credit for," Sentry was as calm as ever, and even went as far as to compliment Jirmonji's ability. "But you advantage isn't your lack of speed. Even if you do falter there. Your own disadvantage is your lack in knowledge. You really don't know who you're dealing with," There was a brief pause in the battle. "Even though...perhaps you know better than most..."

"SHUT UP!" Jirmonji shuddered at a memory, "YOU MONSTER!" He leapt backwards as far as he could and fired off a volley of Silver Wind to hold the Raozor Wind at bay. "I trusted you!" He pointed a claw at him. "I know exactly what I'm dealing with! Auron took you! He made you a monster!"A single tear flowed from the Swift's ey. "I thought we would go down in the end together!" Jirmonji took this oppurtunity to rush forward. "I won't stop until one of us is dead!" All of his anger was gathered into the Bullet Punch that he launched as Sentry. Each punch had a different call, "Traitor. Liar. Demon. Monster." And so on and so forth.
"I'm not gonna die. Each one of you risked your lives to come to my rescue, and that's why I can't let you throw away your lives now, not for me, not again. I got this. Don't worry about me, babies."
-Space Dandy
Old September 17th, 2013, 11:53 AM
SV
It was justified

Nature: Relaxed
Plains of Valkaria - Silver City Torturehouse Area

The Razor Wind clashed with the Silver Wind, the two attacks danced together in the air, striking at each other as if they were two separate entities having their own battle. Eventually, the two attacks countered each other out, leaving the two Scizors at a standstill once more, but not for long. The Swift rushed forward again, angry and in pain, as the scout of the Sentinels noticed, but he didn't react in an emotional manner besides preparing for the next attack. Sentry rapidly moved his feet and wings simultaneously, attempting to dodge the incoming attacks the Swift sent forward at him.

The Sentinel flowed through the air as he narrowly avoided each blow, barely enough to handle each movement, and moving to the next available spot to dodge. Yet, surprisingly, one of the blows of the Bullet Punch landed, hitting Sentry directly in the chest. He grunted for a moment, looking down at the claw impacted on his body, quite surprised he managed to land a blow, even if it only was one out of the group. With a stare that screamed death, Sentry's eyes shifted from the claw at his chest back to the one who dealt it, before he struck at the Swift with a powerfully monstrous Metal Claw.

Guardia was caught off guard at the Jolteon's pounced. She gritted her teeth in pain and anger, falling to the ground at the sharpness of the electric Pokemon, combined with her slight but strong shock she mixed in with them. The Jolteon screamed angrily and kept on colliding with the Zangoose, and at the moment Guardia was unable to recover and get a counter-attack in, so she tried to take the attacks as best she could and hope for some opening when she would expect the Jolteon to get tired. She held up her arms, the Jolteon's swats now drawing blood. Finally, seeming to have enough of the pain and seeing a chance to striek, Guardia pushed her opponent back, and tackled right into her with a Take Down, hoping to knock her down for a while and give Guardia a chance to catch her breath.

Paired with the Epic Raikiri
Old September 17th, 2013, 01:39 PM
Greiger
A mad mind... hehe

Nature: Serious
Starring Zane, Hanso, and Penance! The three stooges warriors!

The Gengar's eyes disappeared as the Deceiver left, so Hanso just stopped, closing his eyes as he waited for the confusion to wear off. Except he couldn't just stand there; he could sense the minds of a few Ancients heading in his direction. Hanso half-turned and fired several Psycho Cuts in their direction, having to rely on the position of the Ancients' minds. His head still felt dizzy.

A roar met his ears, and Hanso opened his eyes as he turned around to find a Machoke and several soldiers smashing into other Ancients. "You all right, sir?" Vanni asked, a ThunderPunch landing in a Kabutops' face.

"Waiting for confusion to wear off," Hanso answered, closing his eyes again. It was clearing up, but a new message in his head felt ear-piercing.

"What happened, SharpEye?"

"Deceiver confused me before taking off, Genevieve. He said he'd see me on the inside."

"Well, a group of elites entered the torturehouse a minute ago. Are you going with them, dear?"

"Don't call me that." To Vanni, Hanso said, "Thanks for the help. Keep it up." The Gallade turned and began running through the fray, avoiding Ancients where he could and fighting through those he couldn't. It was taking too long... Hanso vaulted off the back of a Rampardos and grabbed the talons of an Aerodactyl, imposing onto its mind the need to fly to the torturehouse.

About a minute later, Hanso let go and landed before the doors. Memories came streaming back, reminding him why he hated these buildings. If Zane and his group hadn't come along and freed him and the other prisoners, it could have been so much worse... Time's a-ticking, better move it, don't you think?

You better have been doing something better than sitting back, Varren. Hanso shook his head to clear up the memories and walked through the open doors. As he proceeded deeper, he diminished his connection with the outside until the only line left was to Genevieve. She would know Hanso had gone in.

The screams were not a welcome reminder. Hanso's arm-blades remained unsheathed as he sent out mental sensors to locate the other elites. It didn't take long to find them, and those that were surrounding them. This is what Penance meant, isn't it...

It was around that time that Penance had started to run off that he caught sight of the Gallade. "Hanso! Buddy boy! Number one, I told you so. Number two, come with me. We need to find Deciever and get rid of him, he's the prime suspect causing all of this, so let's run and chat eh?"

Malphus nodded, "We need to move! The sooner we find him the sooner this can end!"

Penance, Lashire, Malphus, Zane, Sword and Shield, the Keeper, Gallant. Marked. Hanso didn't want to fight through the citizens; he attempted to teleport to Penance's side in order to pass them up. Nothing happened. Oh, for the-- Something was blocking his teleport attempt. The Gallade began running around the possessed Pokemon, heading for the Golduck's location.

Penance sighed, “Actually go back Hanso!” He shouted out to him. “Just find a stair case and go up! There are multiple hallways!” Penance and Malphus turned about and ran down the corridors of hallways and reached out to the minds here. Well this is lovely isn't it? Just like I told you Hanso! Anyways, let's talk a bit. How about these guys eh? Why take them over now and not before? I mean the head honcho had tons of guys under his command and in the cities, why not possess them as well? Oh by the way Hanso, Deciever has some of that smoke that possess pokemon with him. That means he could possibly try and use that smoke on us. That means guess what? We could end up possessed. Zane can't be in two places at once you know, either he helps down here or helps us not get possessed.

Anyways, that's that. And by the way, Snype is with us along with that little Jolteon of his. He's so insecure! Doesn't want me to tell anyone. Hehe. Well he must have known about this so I say screw that!

And then Hanso would hear a thought all by his own, You know... there is someone else in there. What? You didn't think the underground WOULDN'T be laced with psychic traps to read minds and such? When one sends all their psychics to cities, they must leave traps to protect themselves. I can't WAIT to meet the other person you have in there!

Hehe, nice to meet you, rogue commander! Varren said, somehow reaching through to Penance's mind. Been wanting my own impression of you, this boy here has had some very--

Not now, Hanso interjected, overriding Varren's words. He was already running up a staircase, keeping track of Penance and Malphus as he looked for a corridor that would let them meet up. I'd tell you to keep quiet on this, Penance, but you have your own agenda. Inside his own head, Hanso added to Varren, Can't you keep your mouth shut for once?

I would have, if Mister Rogue there hadn't figured out I was here.

Laughter echoed across the torturehouse. Sometimes, it sounded like it was far away. Yet moments later, it felt as though it was right next to the Pokemon. It didn't seem to have any origin, probably a tactic the Gengar was using to throw them off. "Heeheehee!" He cackled. "Noisy little Pokemon shouldn't be speaking so much, even in the mind! It's not safe anymore for you, not at all, heeheehee!" The Gengar laughed away, continued to pressure the group forward. At the sound of his laughter, as if some sort of trigger, the possessed Pokemon attacked the group, firing all manner of attacks from elementals to physically slamming into them. They were wild, crazed, uncaring for the state of their own bodies as they unleashed everything they could upon them.

For a moment, the Deceiver appeared from above in all of the confusion, firing another Confuse Ray upon the group.

Penance and Malphus kept running along on the second floor, glancing around for any signs of the Gengar. Penance could feel Hanso was rather close... but the walls were twisting and turning and prevented him from getting to him.

Well Hanso, we'll meet up whenever. Anywho how are ya Deciever? I'm fine and dandy, but you know now that you are a puppet now, like those down there. Hehe, guess your mind is in a fog just like Scar's was eh? Yeah.. I get what your feeling... almost like a dream isn't it? Well we all are like that, every now and then, but you'll die by Auron's hand or Arceus' once he comes down and destroys the planet and has to restart everything again. So you get about two years of fun and then dead. I guess if you want to die that much I suppose it can work... anywho we'll find ya and kill ya if we have to Would have loved to see how you were before you were possessed, but I guess I won't now huh?

"Hehehehehe...HAHAHA!" The Deceiver howled with laughter, the echoes so loud now that there was no question that he was hanging around at a close distance. "Look at the smart Golduck, having all the answers! He knows more than the rest! He knows more than I do probably! But you know, I don't care anymore! Heeheehee! I'm having too much fun to care!" The Gengar swooped down again, sending a group of Shadow Balls at the group. For a moment, his eyes changed color to a deep purple, and so too simultaneously did the possessed Pokemon. They attacked once more, throwing their bodies carelessly at the intruders.

There was no point in talking to the Deceiver if bringing him out of the crystal's possession was the goal. Though apparently that wasn't possible with the remaining Sentinels. No, it sounded more to Hanso like Penance was talking simply because he was...Penance. As he rounded a corner, Hanso skidded to a halt as several possessed Pokemon stood in his way. Without hesitation, they charged him with attacks, forcing the Gallade to throw out several Psycho Cuts to deflect the ranged attacks.

A Pidgey and a Mienfoo were moving in for direct hits. Hanso blocked the bird's dive with a brief shield of Dark energy and backed up as he deflected the Mienfoo's punch. There was another corridor behind him, empty for now. Throwing out several illusions himself in a Double Team to try distracting the citizens, Hanso turned and ran the other way. Some yards ahead was another corner; Hanso skidded to a halt in the middle of the joint as he looked ahead.

What do you know, you found the rogue Golduck. Bravo, and all that.

Penance braced himself as the ball hit into his chest. Likewise Malphus skidded back as well. And just luckily behind them came some of thse crazy citizens.

"Malphus... needs of the many."

The Marowak gripped his bone, "Outweigh the few." With that Marowak ran up to a Bulbasaur and had no qualms with smashing its head so hard that the skull broke open. As that one fell he turned his sights onto a Tyrogue and slammed his bone against his jaw, the sound of teeth shatting reverberated and was quickly followed up with slamming the bone into the throat with the sound of the spine snapping accompanying.

As the Marowak fought back the citizens Penance shout a Water Pulse up at the Gengar. "Hehe, I see that he has full control now? I know who you are! I've known since Cape. Hehe... actually a bit before you know. If you want slaves then you REALLY should have chosen more sturdy ones."

Zane, Gallant and Sword and Shield ran through the torturehouse, avoiding all possessed Pokemon they could, but they eventually couldn't avoid them, and so they had to start blocking some of their attacks, running from them whenever they could find and opening, and in some case fighting back, but only to knock them out. He didn't want to do any permanent damage, and judging by the way his fellow brothers fought, he could tell they felt the same way.

All the while, they tried to follow the cackling of the Gengar. The Keeper tried to guide them through, but he mumbled something about his mind being too jambled, like too much was going on. Zane felt a similar feeling inside of him, probably due to all of the effects of the Silver Crystal around. Still, he could see the Keeper trying to slowly wiggle free some of the possessed Pokemon, but he wouldn't be able to push back the corruption all on his own. He was a powerful Psychic, but he needed some assistance.

They headed up the passage, the cackling of the Gengar far in the background. A group of possessed Pokemon now stood in their way. A Rattata, Wurmple, and two Poliwag were in front. The three Gold Tribe members engaged, neglecting to use their attacks and instead focused on pushing them out of the way and proceeding forward. From the distance, they could hear the fighting of another group. "Penance!" Zane shouted, seeing if he could get a response.

By this point Malphus had given up on trying to kill the pokemon and instead worked to cripple pokemon. It was tripping them and when necessary breaking kneecaps to get them to fall on top of each other and thus build up a sort of wall that others would have to climb while those under them would struggle under the weight.

Penance shot out a Confusion at the Gengar and shouted on back, "Yeah yeah, get in here already gold guy!" He remained on the balls of his feet, ready to dodge a attack that would eventually get thrown at him.

That hadn't taken long for them all to meet up again. Hanso backed up toward Penance and Malphus as the citizens whom he'd met came around the corner, running into a face-full of Psycho Cuts and Dark blasts. There was no going around the fact that Hanso had to use lethal force in order to stay alive. Unless...

"We actually gonna try freeing these citizens or not?" Hanso mentally asked the others, deflecting part of a Water Gun with crossed blades.

Zane and the rest of the Gold Tribe ran over to where the action was happening. About two dozen of the citizens were in the immediate area, and Zane could feel the Deceiver close by as well. The Keeper approached Zane for a moment, tapping his shoulder, he gave him a smile, then tapped the Gold Crystal around his neck. A bright gold energy was held at his fingertips, then he released a confusion attack all across the area, but instead of going for a damage-centered attack, the confusion targeted the possessed Pokemon's minds. Almost all at once, the Pokemon began to hold their heads from the infiltration, but the Keeper knew it was not enough. Some of the Pokemon still struggled forward, as if two polar opposite thoughts crawled into their skull to give them opposite commands. "I cannot do it alone, help me purge the corruption!" The old Alakazam implored the other Psychics.

Meanwhile, Zane, Sword and Shield, and Gallant held off any of the possessed Pokemon still trying to attack, buying time for them to prepare to free them. They also kept a watchful eye out for the Deceiver.

As the Keeper spoke, Hanso was already joining up with him to target the citizens' minds. Many of them had stopped, so he wasn't needed up front with Zane and the two Tribesmen. Hanso spread his effort across the gathered Pokemon, feeling the strain of trying to free many at once. Watching for the Deceiver as well, aren't you?

Stop talking so I can.

Penance paused and sighed, "Fiiine." He closed his eyes and held up his hands while he helped the Gallade and the Keeper with their work. Meanwhile Malphus kept up his bone, still doing his best to halt any advances made by the possessed mon. Lashire postioned himself in front of the Keeper, the young Pawniward keeping his eyes out for the Gengar.

The possessed Pokemon struggled in their minds. The Keeper found penetrating their minds much easier than he anticipated, as they were only recently tainted by the effects of the Silver Crystal. He went inside, purging all the effects of the crystal he could find. A bunch at a time, the Pokemon found themselves being cleansed of the effects of the crystals. But where some were saved, more came to take their spots and attack. Zane and his brothers pushed them, back, hoping the Psychics could do their handiwork fast enough for however many were coming, but as Zane saw, plenty more were on the way. It would probably be a big strain on the Psychic's minds if they would be able to pull it all off.

"Just how many citizens did they bring in?" Zane wondered aloud to himself. Right after he said this, a scream came from above him, from the Deceiver, but not as a laugh.

"NOO! You're ruining it! You're ruining everything!" He fired a group of Shadow Balls at the group below, angrily.

As Malphus had been trained to do, he dodged right into Penance to take the hit for him. Likewise Lashire acted by jumping up and slamming against the wall as the ball aiming for the Keeper hit him. Unfortunately Surge was too lazy to protect Hanso.

Still Penance smirked, "Don't like it eh?" He chuckled darkly, "Makes you squirm eh?" He pressed on with his mind, "I bet you're squirming so much."

The Gallade jumped to one side before a Shadow Ball could hit, but Hanso wasn't the one who'd reacted in time. Time I stepped in while you're busy, hm? His left eye turned a brighter red while his right swirled into a mix of gray and red, and the Gallade's body took on an undertone of black. "Guess who!" Varren grinned as he fired spears of Dark energy at the Deceiver.

Meanwhile, Hanso could only watch as it finally happened. The only thing going for him was that Varren had done it in the interest of keeping the Gallade alive. That's what it seemed like, anyway. Now that he didn't have to watch out in the physical realm, Hanso doubled his efforts in cleansing the possessed citizens.

Penance grinned and even though he was busy on his side he crackled with laughter, "Hehe! I am the rogue leader indeed! Go ghost boy! Possess that body like a boss!" He looked over at Zane, "Oh, sorry, thought you knew there was someone else in there. Well now you do!" He crackled at the event and the thought that Hanso would be angry that another had control over his body only fueled up Penance's engerness so he worked double time to get these citizens cleansed.

Zane, completely clueless about the situation, eyed the altered TrueStriker and Penance while simultaneously holding back possessed Pokemon who would try to attack the other Psychics, though it seemed by the way that Hanso was acting that he wouldn't need it. It appeared as though there was someone else inside with him, from what Penance was talking about, but the nature of the Pokemon eluded him. He would have to ask him about what was going on after. For now, he focused on the citizens.

The Psychics seemed to double their efforts and were rewarded by the cleansing process being increased, even as more citizens were coming at them. Many fell to the ground unconcsious, while others fell back and clutched their heads. As they continued, it looked like most of the Pokemon brought before them in the large room were either being cleared by the Psychics, being affected by them, or were already free. They were making progress. And that didn't sit well with the Deceiver.

Deceiver narrowly avoided the spears set towards him, twirling his body in a circle to avoid each one as it flew to him. In the darkness of the corner, he begrudgingly retreated into the metal, and seemed to once more disappear, only to reappear when he saw fit.

Varren chuckled some more as Penance spoke, continuing to fire spears at the Deceiver until the metal got in the way. "I'm sure this secret-keeper would have told you sooner or later, Goldie-boy. But no, he had to focus on training first."

"Stop distracting them, Varren," Hanso retorted, his words reaching the minds of the others. He'd allow a moment to speak up as it became clear that most of the citizens present were more or less cleansed now. Hopefully he'd be able to take back control once they had only the Deceiver to worry about.

Penance felt the darkness dissipating and smirked as he gently lowered his psychic powers. "Hehe, he would have... eventually. Anyways how's that bod? Bet you can't wait to try it out by smashing that Gengar's face in eh?" He winked at the possessed Gallade, "Just leave some action for me." Penance then grinned as Hanso broadcasted the ghost's name. "Varren eh? A fine name I must say myself! Hehe, Hanso can be such a stick in the mud you know! Lighten him up a bit I say. I'm sure he won't mind if you pilot around for a bit like that. You've been in the back for far too long!"

He chuckled, "So then, i guess Hanso is fuming now that I'm talking to ya eh?" He glanced around as Malphus and Lashire formed back up to defend the psychics. "Can't wait to get to know you better after this is all done!"

Varren? Zane overheard as Penance and the different Hanso speak, and the name seemed to register somewhere in him, though he wasn't sure where. He thought he had heard it before. Ignoring the thought, he looked on ahead, noticing Sword and Shield holding back two more possessed Pokemon, but beyond that, most inside the torturehouse were being taken care of. In fact, it was humourous how in this clearing piles of the citizens now lay, most free from the control of the silver crystal. Many of them now were unconscious, yet some managed to avoid slipping entirely into darkness and were still bewilderdly looking about.

The Keeper placed his hands down, now stopping his Psychic flow of energy and approaching the downed citizens. He looked back at the others. "An excellent job, young ones," He began, before his face seemed to sour and become serious once more. "But there is still another to deal with, before we can go onwards."

The Gallade stretched his arms as he made an exaggerated show of loosening up. "Yeah, yeah, librarian. I'm sure Hanso will wait until we deal with the ghostie before blowing up." Varren continued to do a few stretches and exercises in place, trying out the body he had possessed, grinning all the while.

...Not gonna let go without a fight, are you?

Nope. Unless you want your body to suffer from the internal struggle, you'll have to let me have my time.

Now that the battle was done, for the moment, he walked on over to the Gallade and watched the show, "Hehe, a good body you have there Varren. Well now that we've formerly met, I can say that I like you far more than Hanso. Have some fun in that body while you can! I'm sure Hanso will fight as hard as he can to take control of it back." He rubbed underneath his bill. "Hanso, if you can hear me, I say let the ghost have his fun! He doesn't have his own body, and you must have let him in, so live with the consequences!" He grinned widely at the Gallade, "Glad to know ya Varren. And glad you're on our side!"
Old September 17th, 2013, 04:05 PM
Garet
GhostFire

Stage Two: Laughter Among Chaos

The Gallade burst into laughter. All this laughter was really getting on Hanso's nerves. After trailing off, Varren said, "Whoever said I was on your side, rogue? For all you know, I might decide to change sides while I'm out. Oh, no worries, Goldies, I have no reason to."

A growl of frustration reached the elites' minds. "Am I the only one who's worried that the Deceiver will hit us in the back while you're chatting? That ghost could be anywhere now!"

Penance in response held up a hand and flapped his fingers almost as if making it look like a flapping mouth. "Hanso, be a good puppet and let Varren pull the strings on your body. We'll sense him soon enough. Not much we can do but wait for him to come back out anyways. And we have an Alakazam here to feel for him." He spread his arms, "Not much he can do to us anyhow."

At this moment, the Alakazam snapped up, his senses picking up something on the move...and on fast approach. "Be ready."

Soon enough, the Deceiver familiar voice pierced the walls and traveled through the group's ears. "You...you ruined them. You ruined them all. They were just the way he wanted, and you had to go and ruin it!" He appeared out of the wall, floating above them and held a sour look, pouting at all of the Pokemon on the ground. He looked angry for a moment, but that moment passed quickly, and his trademark grin returned to his body, followed by his cackling laughter. "HEEHEEHEE! Auron won't like that, not all all! I'm gonna have to deal with you guys for him then! And we were having so much fun! Sorry!"

The Gengar continued his laughter, forming out of the walls and towards the group. He stepped with one foot onto the ground, the other at his side, before stepping with that one too onto the cold metal ground. "Time to die it seems!" He outstretched his arms, with shadowy energy beginning to pour from the walls and towards him. The shadows looked similar to the smoke the group encountered along their travels, especially against Sentinels. But this smoke seemed to catch even the Gengar off guard, not enough for him to worry, but enough for him to wonder what was going on. The shadows engulfed his form, clinging to him like glue, and then permeating his ghost-like exterior. His eyes changed color for a moment, becoming a deep, purple/black, but strangely still bright, like bright purple lights. His whole body shined in this color for a moment, before the color changed to a darker tune, and the shadows consumed inside of him. His eyes returned to a somewhat normal form, but they were darker than usual.

"Heeheehee!" He laughed. "Looks like I'll be getting a bit of help on this one, then! Brace yourselves, Alphas!" He lifted his arms, and fired at the group with a Dark Pulse, the attack seemed to be expanded by the shadows, enough to target all of the Pokemon at once in one, mighty swoop. Zane noticed the walls condensed and strangely...move as the Dark Pulse passed them on its way to them. It was as if the Dark Pulse was able to bend the metal surroundings of the torturehouse. Or was it simply some sort of illusion? Either way, he braced himself for an attack he seemed to be unable to dodge, but only try to hold off or block.

Right after the Dark Pulse was fired, a light-blue ball of energy appeared behind the group as it headed for the Deceiver. "Hehehe...forget something, ghostie?" Varren jibed, throwing a jolt of Dark energy into the Future Sight attack as it bolted past him and through one edge of the Dark Pulse. It wasn't possible to teleport the group out of the way, Hanso knew that, but Varren could at least make more of an effort!

Penance smirked at the sight, everyone was so panicked, except the cool Varren,... and while he had wanted to wait for it he had to use it now. Without so much as a cry Penance grabbed Surge and threw him forward, "Go at it Surge!"

It was as if the words casued the Psychic's eyes to snap open and instincively he threw both hands out as a large psychic beam that was as large as the hallway flew out and hit into the ball. Surge screamed out as the beam actually began to push back the shadow ball back at the Gengar, but before it could hit him the ball exploded from the force of the beam hitting it.

It was now a combination of fire, darkness, and psychic energy all heading right at the Gengar with no signs of stopping from Surge. In a blink of an eye Surge dissappeared from their sight as the beam kept going on. He reappeared behind the ghost and held out a finger as serverl hundred pink psychic bolts flew out and began to impale the ghost all over.

Penance proudly smirked at them, "I taught him that neato trick of explosions! Hehe, he's a natural! Though we can't use him for the final battle since he'll have to go to bed, bummer isn't it?"

"Damn kid," Gallant muttered under his breath as he seemed to singl-handedly repel the primary blast from the Deceiver. But the Gengar didn't seem worried, he only began laughing harder. Zane wondered if it was because he had an ace up his sleeve, or if he was slowly loosing whatever sanity he had left to the madness of his new personality and the affects of the Silver Crystal.

The Deceiver, combined with the effects of the shadows augmenting him, fired another Dark Pulse to meet the combined fire, psychic, and darkness energy heading toward him. This Dark Pulse was stronger, being able to bring down the set of attacks for him, though he dodged any that went past his attack, laughing as he did so. From behind though, when the Abra reappeared, the shadowy Gengar was hit by the first few set of bolts, before catching what was happening and turned, firing Shadow Balls to meet with them. He laughed now, shrugging off any injury as if it weren't targeting him. He didn't even seem to care anymore whenever his body was damaged.

That showed up again when from his back, the future sight attack struck him directly. The shadows began to appear at his back to lessen the blow, but the attack had struck him directly. Not missing a beat, the Gengar turned again, cackling as a bit of blood seeped from his mouth, and fired upon the first group again, dozens of Shadow Balls raining down upon them. All the while, his laughter never stopped. Even damage done to his body brought laughter. Sword and Shield held up his arms to protect against the fast-moving balls, but the energy fell agains this fat skin, scrapping him and damaging his arms. Zane tried to dodge the first set, but soon the whole area left very little to run. He ended up firing Night Slashes to try to intercept whatever Shadow Balls he could.

Surge ported again to shoot out yet another large beam to counter to shadow balls. He once more ported and this time appeared under the Gengar on the floor. He fired a beam up, this time putting all of his strength into it to get past the Gengar's armor.

"Time to see what I can do with this body." Varren charged up another Future Sight attack as the mega-Dark Pulse was countered, the black-tinted ball disappearing from sight. The Gallade then stayed where he was as tendrils of shadow sprouted from his back, shooting forward to counter Dark Pulses that flew at him. At the same time, Varren threw spears of Dark energy with his hands to deflect more.

Without warning, Hanso took control of one arm long enough to release a Heal Pulse that spread over the elites, Sword and Shield in particular. Just like you to not consider others on your side.

Deceiver countered the beam the Abra sent at him with a Dark Pulse, but because he was distracted with that, he wasn't able to move fast enough to stop Zane, who moved in and targeted him with a Night Slash. The attack struck his back, and caused the Deceiver to turn, but also levitate up. He unleashed another set of Shadow Balls at the group, and then Surge reappeared below. This time, Deceiver caught the teleportation, firing below at him to meet the attack with his own Dark Pulse. When the two waves of energy met together, the metal across the torturehouse once more began to bend, and Zane could feel cracks form across the walls and the ground in certain areas. It was as if he was feeding off of the energy of the walls, but it was causing them to tear up. No particular damage seemed to go at them, so that was all that Zane was left to think.

The Gengar continued to cackle, doing his best to avoid the dark energy sent by Varren while also sending back Shadow Balls at his opponents. A spear of dark energy suddenly struck the Gengar at the shoulder, and he retracted for a moment, before pulling himself forward, again ignoring the pain. Yet, it was strange. Zane could see his laugh and his body pulling him forward, but deep within his eyes, Zane felt the pain the Deceiver was in. He wasn't fully in control anymore.

The Deceiver formed up his one good hand, pointing it toward the sky in preparation for an even stronger attack. Then, he formed a few dozen Shadow Balls from above his hand. The balls of energy began morphing together, forming into a larger, more powerful Shadow Ball of immense proportion. He fired the thing onto the ground, at all of them, as it was big enough for them. He continued to howl with laughter, but he particularly roared as he released it.

The Gallade continued to deflect attacks until he saw what the Deceiver was forming. Varren giggled as his hands and tendrils came together to begin forming his own attack. "A wing here, a segment there..."

You realize this could explode into a lot of fireworks, don't you?

Worried about collateral damage and the citizens, are we? Varren finished his work a moment after the Deceiver had. With a laugh, the Gallade fired his attack at the immense Shadow Ball. He had taken the time to fashion it after the image of Giratina, for visual effect, of course. Hanso's Dark Hidden Power was particularly strong; Varren would have used it a lot more in Hanso's shoes.

As the attack was countered, all the Abra could do was port into another spot to try shooting another beam. Penance meanwhile did his best to dance among the Shadow Balls and threw some Confusions at the mad Gengar. Malphus, being as slow as he was, just ended up getting pelted with Shadow Balls while he covered himself as best as could be.

Penance smirked at the Gallade's attack and cheered him on, "Hehe! That's the spirit Varren!"

The giant Shadow Ball collided with the Giratina-formed hidden power. Zane was impressed that TrueStriker, or rather Varren at this point, was able to come up with an attack like that. The size and power was already impressive. Forming it up to the shape he pleases was a nice touch, though. As he and Gallant tried dodging away from any last remaining Shadow Balls, they prepared in case the attack from TrueStriker would fail. Zane fired a Night Slash to help the blast along, while Gallant fired a Focus Blast. Sword and Shield, who got some healing from his arms thanks to a Heal Pulse, fired a Surf to help boost their attacks even more.

Together the giant waves of energy collided with the giant Shadow Ball. It seemed all the combined energy didn't mix well together, because a little bit after impact, there was a giant explosion from the center, followed by a fairly blinding light. Zane felt his body be pushed back as the blast imploded, and then expanded into a powerful detonation. Now, portions of the torturehouse began to crumble apart. The metallic walls were tearing in half and the bars and cells were ripping off from the structure. The blast only further decimated the crumbling structure.

Varren covered himself with rapidly-formed wings of shadow, but that only lessened the impact of the explosion. After a few moments, he picked himself up from where he'd fallen to observe the crumbling torturehouse.

"A mass teleport would be great right about now."

Varren sighed as he gathered his energy. "Have I told you how annoying you can be?" he said, still grinning. "Right, heroes, if you want to save these poor citizens, you better help if you can."

Surge popped up right next to him and held out his hands, "Right here of course!" The Abra donated quite a load of energy into it, but then his eyes began to droop, "I'm sleepy..." He yawned very loudly and then collapsed onto the ground snoring.

"Well there he goes! Let's get this done then!" Penance joined in with his own psychic powers, "Whenever you guys are ready!"

The Keeper joined in as well, contributing whatever Psychic energy he could. All across, the metal ripped off of the building as easily as paper, with the incoming explosion only moments away. Zane could still hear faintly the sounds of the Gengar's cackling over the sounds of the mayhem around. Then, all at once, the blast exploded in a brilliant wave of combined energies, destroying a huge chunk of the torturehouse in its explosion.
Old September 17th, 2013, 05:19 PM
Megaman765
Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
Levina was taken off of Guardia and sent back, landing on her stomach laying on the floor. The Zangoose still wasn't dead! She wasn't going to have this... but Levina was weakened... but not enough to still pull off a couple of stronger attacks. Levina was about to use Thunder on Guardia, when suddenly something jumped in from behind. It was Snype! Latching onto Guardia from behind and wrapping his arms around her face.

"Levina! We gotta get moving!" Snype shouted. Levina stomped the ground.

"WHAT?! I've almost have her! We're both here. We could kill her right here and now! Use that poison trick or something!" She yelled.

Snype shook at the sudden explosion in the torture house. Well now... looks like they made some progress in there... whatever was going on, couldn't be good for deceiver. They had to get in there and help out... in a sense. Keheh.

"Levina, we gotta get to the torture house and help out. Whatever is going on in there can't be good." Snype said trying to keep his grip on the Zangoose, she'd probobly break out by the time he could finish explaining.

Trainer Academy RP Pokemon
Snype (Sableye)- Lv. 52- Detect, Shadow Sneak, Will-o-wisp, Low Sweep, Foul Play, Taunt (Ability: Keen Eye)
Commodore (Porygon-Z)- Lv. 55 -Signal beam, Conversion 2, Recover, Tri Attack, Ice Beam, Trick Room (Ability: Trace)
Len (Poliwraith)- Lv. 53- Bubblebeam, Brick Break, Dig, Belly Drum, Sleep Talk, Rest (Ability: Water Absorb)
Able (Ninjask)- Lv. 45 - Fury Cutter, Slash, Double Team, Protect, Baton Pass, Swords Dance (Ability: Speed Boost)
Kara (Gligar) Lv. 29 Acrobatics, Substitute, Fury Cutter, Knock Off, Slash,Toxic (Ability: Poison Heal)
Xerox (Ditto) Lv. 32 Transform (Ability: Imposter)

(In Box)
Shedinja- Lv. 35 Fury Swipes, Confuse Ray, Sand attack, Leech Life, Mind Reader, Scratch (Ability: Wonder Guard)
Old September 17th, 2013, 09:50 PM
SV
It was justified

Guardia was successful in taking the Jolteon off of her, and bringing her down, but the Sentinel was resilient. Even after all that, she was still around. She was even preparing her next attack, which Guardia got into position to defend, when the unexpected happened. Grabbing onto her, another Pokemon latched onto the Zangoose from behind, wrapping his arms across her face. Guardia instantly began to struggle, trying to break free, too preoccupied to listen to Snype and Levina talk, but she did confirm that the two were together, which meant this was probably another Sentinel.

She continued to struggle, trying to break free of the strong hold the Sableye had on her. Then, she got an idea. She powered up, charging electrical bolts across her body, then struck herself with a Thunder to try and get the Sableye off. If she was successful, this meant that she would have to be dealing with two Sentinels now, most likely, which meant she would need help...and fast.

Old September 18th, 2013, 03:18 PM
Xilfer
'twas fun.
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
Blackguard vs. The Shadow Protector and co.
Silver City

Allora did her best to avoid the shower of punches directed at her. Shadow Punch after Shadow Punch was thrown at her incredibly fast, especially for a Golurk. She managed to avoid the first few punches, but eventually her side was smashed by Blackguard's giant fists. The pain felt unbearable, and she was sure many bones were broken when he hit her. Allora was sent flying at a nearby building, into which she crashed with the utmost force. Again, she heard the sickening sound of more ribs cracking as she impacted with the wall, the sheer force of the hit creating a large crack on the building's surface.

It was then that her resolve began to weaken. Who was she kidding? She had no chance against a monster of this calibre. A mental battle was something completely different to a physical one, after all. Now, she felt the fear of imminent death creep up on her like a Venipede on her back, sending chills down her spine. She lay there, trying to shrug off the pain of even moving, and watched as Blackguard approached, fists clenched, ready to finish what he'd only just started.

Then, out of nowhere, a miracle. Flames instantly materialized behind Blackguard and began shooting out at him ruthlessly. Whether or not it even affected him was unclear, as he did not move. Slowly, as the flames grew brighter and brighter, the angered Golurk turned around, and came face to face with... another Ninetales. Bane stopped using Flamethrower as soon as she saw it was no use, and tried to use Hex. Her eyes glowed a deep red, and a dark purple mist began to gather around Blackguard. The ghostly powers of the mist began to sting the Golurk's skin. However, his hand sank back into his arm, revealing the hole from which an eerie green fire came. Blackguard pointed his Flamethrower attack at Bane, causing her focus to break as she had to jump to the side. However, the fire managed to burn her side, leaving a strange, glowing burn on her shoulder.

The mist dissipated, and Blackguard approached Bane as she limped away, the burn spreading across the rest of her body like a virus. He held his fist high up into the air, ready to strike with Hammer Arm, but something stopped him. Beneath him, he felt a slight tremor. Nobody else could, but being a Ground-type, he quickly deduced that a Pokemon was rising to the surface, ready to use Dig on a seemingly unsuspecting Golurk. As Speculum emerged from the ground, his Excadrill form's claws sharp and ready to dig in, Blackguard grabbed his smaller form and tossed him aside, causing him to crash into a building.

Blackguard turned back to Bane, but again, he was stopped from killing her. Behind him, the pitter patter of Allora's light footsteps were audible, and he predicted that she would try to climb onto his back as she always did. He turned around instantly, and shot out another Dark Flamethrower in her direction. Allora dodged the first attack, but the continuous flames followed her, and managed to burn her side. She screamed as the combined pain of broken bones and burns took their toll, and she fell to the ground.

Impatiently, Blackguard turned back to Bane, but she was no longer there. Turning back to Allora, he found her assissting her fellow Ninetales in getting back up, though the two were both very injured as it was.

"Hmph. Touching," he mocked.

"We have to work together," Allora said to Bane, placing her paw on her sister's shoulder for support. Bane nodded, and the two suddenly began to float. Their eyes shone red and blue as they used their psychic powers to lift themselves into the air.

Blackguard was getting annoyed. This should have ended already. Turning to flying position, he rocketed into the air after them. He was almost upon them when something large and heavy hit him, knocking him off course and sending him crashing into a nearby building, causing it to collapse on top of him and bury him in rubble.

Blackguard's fist came smashing through the rubble first, followed by his other fist and the rest of his large arms as he hauled himself out. Looking ahead, he saw the thing - or rather Pokemon - that had smashed into him. Speculum, a large, muscled Golurk, stood before him, fists clenched and ready for a fight.

Blackguard pushed aside the rest of the rocks and concrete, keeping eyes only on his attacker. Then, switching to flight mode, he flew at Speculum with surprising speed. Speculum managed to avoid getting rammed by Blackguard, but only by an inch, as the monstrous Golurk turned around and went in for another hit. However, in mid-air, Blackguard shifted back into regular mode, balling his fists and ready for a punch. Using the momentum gained from his fast flight forward, he slammed into Speculum and sent them both tumbling to the ground in a ball of fist and fury. When the two came to a halt, Blackguard sat on top of Speculum and was showering him with Shadow Punches, in response to which Speculum could only bring his arms up to defend himself.

However, unexpectedly, Speculum managed to land a powerful Hammer Arm to Blackguard's face, which temporarily disoriented him, giving Speculum the chance to push him off and get up. Blackguard soon recollected himself, though, and his expression was that of an angry Tauros.

Then, the two engaged in a Shadow fistfight. Speculum threw the first punch, but Blackguard caught it with his free hand and dealt a punch of his own to Speculum's torso, which caused him to step back in pain. Blackguard did not wait; he dealt two more consecutive punches, both to Speculum's face, before, the Ditto was able to get his hands up to defend himself. He was disoriented, though, and Blackguard knew this. Taking advantage of the situation, he retracted one of his hands into his arm and launched a devastating Dark Flamethrower that surprised Speculum and caused him to lower his guard and try to swipe the flames away. Blackguard seized the opportunity and swung a Hammer Arm at the Ditto's face.

The attack hit hard, and the sharp sound of cracking could be heard from Speculum's head. He fell back, his impact with the ground was large, and the Ditto's head fell back as he reverted to his original form. He was not quite dead; his eyes still moved, but he appeared to be paralysed.

"No. Wait." Those were the last words of Replicus Decendas. Blackguard kneeled over the helpless Ditto and, pointing an open arm at him and shooting out green fire, burning the poor Pokemon alive. Speculum screamed in pain as he was set alight, but eventually the screams died down, leaving only a burnt crisp of a body.

In the air, Allora and Bane watched, horrified, as Speculum was killed in a most ruthless manner. Suddenly, Allora's heart welled up with anger. This was enough! It was time for this monstrosity to die, no matter what.

"We have to put our mental strength together. Come on!"

Bane nodded, and the two concentrated deeply.

Meanwhile, Blackguard spotted the two Ninetales still floating in the air. Shifting to flying mode, he was about to go after them when something hit him hard, causing him to stumble and almost fall over. He grunted angrily, looking around to see what it was. To his astonishment, he saw that all around him were floating pieces of rubble from the demolished building that he had crashed into. The rubble was poised to come crashing down at him any moment. Looking back up, he saw that Allora and Bane were gone. Instead, they had positioned themselves at the top of what was left of the destroyed skyscraper. Their eyes glowed with psychic energy which they used to keep the rubble aloft.

Blackguard stepped forward, and another piece of rubble came flying at him. He intercepted the large chunk of rock with one hand, and, holding it firmly, smashed it to pieces with the other. He glared up at the two Ninetales on top of the building, ready to fly at them. Without any warning, he shifted into flying mode and rocketed towards them, causing all of the rocks to follow after him.

The fist few chunks of rock and concrete did nothing to him as they hit him in the torso only. However, a piece of rock managed to hit his face, causing him to turn away from the Ninetales. He now found himself rocketing towards the ground. Blackguard turned his body around to propel himself away from gravity's embrace.

However, the ground began to stir. As fast as lightning, a huge pillar of rock and minerals emerged from the ground, crashing into the flying Blackguard and sending him spiralling down again. He regained control of his flight just before he impacted with the ground, but before he knew it, another pillar rose and crashed into him, carrying him up with it. The pillar went far higher up than the skyscraper had ever stood, leaving Paladin stranded on a pillar with nothing around it. He tried to fly away, but it seemed he'd exhausted his energy core, the source of his flames. An alternative would be required.

Then, he had an idea. Amassing all of his strength into one attack, Blackguard clenched both his fists and used Hammer Arm on his platform. The resonating crash could be heard from miles away as the pillar began to collapse. And down went Blackguard with it. However, he held onto a piece of falling rock as he fell and held it beneath his feet. When he was right at the level of Allora and Bane on the skyscraper, he jumped off of the piece of rock and towards the building.

Blackguard barely made it, but he managed to grab a ledge and haul himself to the top, reaching the location of the two Ninetales, who were still locked in concentration. He approached them, but then, a jagged piece of metal arose from the skyscraper and flew straight at Blackguard. He avoided it swiftly, then grabbed it before it spiralled off and launched it at his opponents. In order to dodge it, they had to break their concentration, and so they did. Allora managed to avoid the jagged metal, but it impaled Bane's shoulder and caused her to screech in pain.

Seizing the opportunity, Blackguard launched himself at Bane, attempting to crush her with a Shadow Punch. She barely avoided it, jumping to one side and falling to the floor. Instead, Blackguard picked up a longer, larger piece of jagged metal sticking up from the ravaged floor. He pointed it at her, ready to stab her one again. The blood from her previous wound only pooled around her, and she seemed to be on the verge of fainting.

Allora tried at attack Blackguard at that moment, but he easily swatted her aside with his jagged metal spear, and focused once again on Bane. He kneeled in front of her, pointing the metal at her once again.

"Oh no. No, no, no! You cannot die yet!"

He stabbed her leg, causing her eyes to widen and her to scream at the top of her lungs. Blood only continued to amass beneath her.

"Well, now that I've got your attention..." Blackguard mused.

He stabbed her other leg. More screaming, and then... crying. Bane began to sob as she screamed, instinctively trying to feel her wounds with her only usable paw.

"Ah, ah, ah. Mustn't pick at the scab."

He stabbed her other arm; more screaming and sobbing, but it slowly began to die down. She was dying, alright.

"Sweet nightmares," Blackguard snickered.

Finally, he jabbed the piece of metal right through her heart. Her eyes showed one last flicker of life, before the lights faded and death came upon her.

Blackguard had one last opponent now. Allora stood, crippled, bloody, and burnt, before him.

"It seems Paladin couldn't save you, my dear," Blackguard began. "I-" he suddenly cut himself off, seemingly for no reason. Then, he lifted his hands to his head.

"No!" He shouted furiously. He began to shake his head. "NO!" For a slight moment, the deep dark red of Blackguard's eyes disappeared, replaced by normal, bright yellow of Paladin's eyes. "Allora..." Blackguard moaned. Afterwards, he shut his eyes again. And when they next opened, the red had returned.

Blackguard stopped thrashing. "Well, that was annoying," he complained. "Anyway, where were we? Ah, yes..."

"Paladin," Allora whispered, barely clinging to consciousness. "If you're in there, I know you'll break free. You can defeat this monster. You can-"

Then, The Shadow Protector was no more. Underfoot, she had been killed. Blackguard lifted his foot to witness the remains of Paladin's once dear friend: a crushed bag of broken bones now, for all he was concerned.

"You've fulfilled your usefulness, Allora. It's about time you shut up, anyway. You always did talk too much."
Presently gone from PC. Not sure if I'll ever return.
Old September 18th, 2013, 11:44 PM
Megaman765
Community Supporter

"Acckk!" Snype yellled as he was hit dead on by the thunder strike which quickly had him let go of Guardia and land on the ground. He twitched a little as the electricity coursed through him but not enough to paralyze him. He just got out of a situation like that. Levina watched her partner get creamed and growled at Guardia. She ran toward her once more using Thunderbolt to try and help out Snype. Saddly, this wasn't what Snype wanted. He had to end this fight quickly.

"Levina! Stop! We need to get moving right now! Gahhh... We're being duped!" Snype shouted out to her.

Levina halted in her tracks and looked toward Snype. "Wha? What do you mean? We're just supposed to kill the Gold Tribe! How can we be duped? Not like we're being offered anything. I signed up cause I'd have an excuse to hurt somebody! And I'd say its working! You better not be going soft on my Snype! You joined for the same reason!" She threatened.

"Soft? Please! I'm saving your butt! Third time in a row I'd like to think! You wouldn't be alive if I wasn't there to pull your spiky butt out! That's besides the point! Damnit how do I explan this..." Snype said. The Jolteon seemed to cease fighting. If Guardia had any opportunity, to either help the situation, or keep fighting, now would be the time.

Snype (Sableye)- Lv. 52- Detect, Shadow Sneak, Will-o-wisp, Low Sweep, Foul Play, Taunt (Ability: Keen Eye)
Commodore (Porygon-Z)- Lv. 55 -Signal beam, Conversion 2, Recover, Tri Attack, Ice Beam, Trick Room (Ability: Trace)
Len (Poliwraith)- Lv. 53- Bubblebeam, Brick Break, Dig, Belly Drum, Sleep Talk, Rest (Ability: Water Absorb)
Able (Ninjask)- Lv. 45 - Fury Cutter, Slash, Double Team, Protect, Baton Pass, Swords Dance (Ability: Speed Boost)
Kara (Gligar) Lv. 29 Acrobatics, Substitute, Fury Cutter, Knock Off, Slash,Toxic (Ability: Poison Heal)

(In Box)
Shedinja- Lv. 35 Fury Swipes, Confuse Ray, Sand attack, Leech Life, Mind Reader, Scratch (Ability: Wonder Guard)
Old September 19th, 2013, 11:42 AM
The Prince of Sweet Sorrow
"If death is your wish..."
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to The Prince of Sweet Sorrow
Ragnaros & Rector

He needed to be cautious of this Ancient. Rector didn't look like the other Aerodactyls at all... he was vicious, more powerful, and perhaps more sentient. Or less sentient. Ragnaros could expect fast and ferocious physical attacks from him... Rector came in a Take Down. He was slightly bigger than him, so the Salamence had that slight disadvantage to think of... but he was a dragon.

Ragnaros had time to engulf himself in the dragon's flames of a Dragon Rush and let out a mighty battle roar, before charging in to meet his opponent, crushing head on with him. The impact was tremendous, and the aftermath a burst of the red and blue flames that Ragnaros had swirling around him.

At the moment of impact, Rector could feel the flames surround him as they tried to burn his rock-hard skin, but the Aerodactyl held on long enough to have delivered his damaged, before pulling off, flapping his mighty wings and retracting. An excess flames across his body which were transferred over from the Dragon Rush were put out by the air produced from his flapping. Then, the giant Aerodactyl let out a mighty roar, shaking the very ground and causing nearby Pokemon to look over, and some to even lose balance because of it.

He flew higher now, bringing his wings up and down with full strokes to reach the height he wished to achieve in as little time as possible. Once he was a good few meters about his previous location, Rector flipped over, his head facing the Salamence who was his opponent, and he dived right at him, using his speed and the gravity to combine with his Fly to deliver as powerful a blow as he could muster.

The embers of the dragonfire were sucked into Ragnaros's claws, burning wildly as he watched the massive Aerodactyl dive into yet another physical attack. He would have roared fiercely if he wasn't concentrating on the momentum... time had slowed down as he waited, waited for Rector to come closer and closer... at the last moment, he jerked to the side, slipping past him. His tail got tangled on the base of the Aerodactyl's wing and with another flip, Ragnaros dug his flaming claws into the Pokemon's back. The Salamence stepped on his rocky back, launching himself off to avoid retaliation.

Flapping his wings, he remained on the sky, keeping a safe distance from the beast. He exhaled a burst of steam, psyching up. He couldn't remember the last time he had taken such an opponent by himself, but he would surely not take him lightly. A little victory in the war needn't mean he had won it. "There's not a single drop of dragon blood in you, Ancient, is there?" he taunted in a raspy, low voice, as if he was saving his energy.

If Rector's mind could process surprise, he surely felt that when the large Salamence dashed toward the side to avoid the Aerodactyl's rapid decent towards him. The next thing he knew, the Salamence held him by the wing and swiped at the Aerodactyl's back with his claws. Rector shrilled in pain, but also anger, if such an emotion fully registered with him, and tried to counter while the Salamence was on his back with another Take Down, but the Gold Tribe Salamence had already pushed itself off to avoid any further damage towards himself. Luckily, Rector's hide was as hard as rock, and the claws only dug as deep as the first, perhaps second layer of his skin. Still, blood was drawn, and it was enough for the Ancient Commander's mind to register the strength of his opponent relative to the other soldiers he had slain.

Rector gave no response to the Salamence's question beyond the opening of his mouth and release a loud, long, blood-curdling roar. Then, the beast of the Ancients charged in again, ready once more to pounce his opponents. He flew toward him, his wings ascending and descending every second to increase his speed, but those strokes were increased to every half second, making the large Aerodactly move at an almost super-Pokemon speed, something unexpected of one his size.

Rector began to harden the front of his body, knowing he would be going at the Salamence full frontal force. He launched himself toward him, and powered up a Giga Impact, another physically-powerful move to match the size of his body. Rector could feel, however, how at the last moment, additional energy was being supplied to him. It was a shadowy presence which swirled around him, moving across his body and clinging to it, before entering it. Rector felt his eyes change color as he accepted the energy, watching the transformation of his body into a slightly darker shade. This only further fueled his power, and the strength of his Giga Impact at Ragnaros.

Ragnaros noticed the change in the Aerodactyl, the eye color changed... so, Rector was equal to a Sentinel. He would have to face the chaos power, it seemed. Ragnaros thought of repelling the Aerodactyl with his Hydro Pump, but thinking it thoroughly, he decided against it. After the split second he made his decision, his body was engulfed in dragonfire once again. Ragnaros left the flames as his trail when he charged at Rector, hoping for his attack to best his. It didn't. Rector went right through his flames, and like a wrecking ball, hit him head on. The flames subsided as Ragnaros was sent swirling towards the ground, leaving blue and red embers behind him.

He was almost sure the impact had shaken him internally as well... in that case, he wouldn't live to see Gold City freed. When he landed on the grass below, he grit his teeth and shut his eyes in pain. That wouldn't be the end of him, he decided. No Ancient was going to best Bloodthirster... shaking his head, he opened his eyes again, which shone in hot fury. The pain fueled it and his power, it made him kick the ground in fury. He shot up quickly to fly away, before his foe could take advantage of his state. He locked eyes with Rector, watching him intently to let him know he was still able. The stakes had changed, though... the Ancient Commander was under the effect of the chaos form powers. I will force him into it, then.

"Come on," he rasped, "show me what you're made of. Come at me," he bellowed, spitting his fury in a gale of steam from the insides of his belly.

Needing no more motivation, the Aerodactyl watched from a great distance away as his body fully morphed, embracing the chaos form of the Sentinels and the Silver Tribe. Purple and black energy flowed around him, and through him, causing all of his senses to sharpen, and his power to double. He felt his wings become more dense, his body bulkier and his mind quicker. Now, his eyes changed fully, and the chaos fully engulfed him. He was the perfect Ancient specimen, and now he sought to demonstrate it.

He roared again, shaking the very ground, even if he wasn't on it. It was as if sonic waves permeated the air and traveled across to the plains below to move them. Then, Rector let his mouth hang open, and prepared an attack. Normally a bright, white light, the attack began as a strange-color different light, still bright in color, but now also a dark purple. It powered up further, taking energy from the surrounding environment and deep within Rector's body. Then, all at once, the giant Aerodactyl fired this grand, oddly-colored bright Hyper Beam at his opponent.

"Wretched creature, I'll show you who's on top of the food chain," Ragnaros spat, seeing the transformation... he would have to utilize his wits and forge a battle plan, in order to beat an opponent such as this. He evaluated the Aerodactyl, measuring and judging his new appearance. A plan begun taking shape in his mind...

When he saw the powerful beam shoot through the sky, he knew he had no choice. He would have to answer with his own ultimate weapon of destruction, that he saved for circumstances like these... to answer a chaos power possessed Rector's Hyper Beam, he would need his own Hyper Beam.

The Salamence remained in one spot, gathering his energy and opening his jaws. The blinding white blob of condensed power formed on his mouth... the next moment, his white Hyper Beam was shot at the purple colored one, causing an explosion of power and smoke, covering the area. Ragnaros knew his own Hyper Beam couldn't possibly keep up with Rector's. He also knew what Rector expected, that Ragnaros would foolishly keep up on shooting it, in hopes of countering it. Instead, the Salamence shut his jaws too early and jerked to the side, out of the purple Hyper Beam's range; Rector couldn't see him behind the smoke, thinking his Hyper Beam was spot on.

Their eyes, Ragnaros, his mentor would say, Go for the eyes. Find you them not fazed by your attacks? Hand them their eyes, and they will scream...

Ragnaros suddenly dropped from the sky towards Rector from the side, his claws brimming with the fire of dragons once again, in a savage Dragon Claw that was aimed on the Aerodactyl's head, precisely his eyes. He would root out those purple, lifeless eyes and shove them down Rector's throat. A blind Sentinel was as good as a dead one.

Rector, expecting his opponent to be at the other end of the Hyper Beam he shot out, was startled to see the Salamence swooping in from the sky. The Dragon Claw struck at his rock-hard skin, slicing across his face, particularly where his right eye was. The mighty Aerodactyl roared in pain, or perhaps from anger, flying backwards to avoid additional hits while blood flowed from his right eye. He held it closed now, knowing that that eye was useless, if it at all worked anymore. His other one intact, the Aerodactyl backed up some more, and took off into the sky, knowing he wouldn't be able to land any precise hits for a while after such a large amount of energy used with the Hyper Beam. He needed to recharge.

Yet for some reason, his body seemed to have other plans. Without the Ancient Commander's thoughts behind them, his body moved on its own back toward the direction of the Salamence, and the smoke inside of him forced open his mouth. Once again, the Ancient fired off a Hyper Beam, this one being more powerful than the other. Yet the effects of firing two Hyper Beams so close to one another without room to recharge were felt on his body, with tears coming from across his body at the sheer force of the blast. There also began internal scarring, bleeding and burning which the Aerodactyl could barely contain.

Another Hyper Beam, so soon... that, Ragnaros didn't expect. He only had time to let the Dragon Rush kick in again. With a sudden cracking sound, the flames on his hands rose to cover his whole body in the biggest Dragon Rush he had ever used. The Salamence became a living fireball of the sacred dragonfire... then dropped right into the beam, letting out a mighty roar that torn the skies. He clashed head-on with Rector's purple Hyper Beam, which shot through his flames, charring his face and body where it hit. Ragnaros could feel the resistance of the beam slowing his speed and the pain and light blinding him like a curse. He would have fainted, if not for the Dragon Rush... the immense power that was running through and at him caused some of his blue colored skin to detach from his body, leaving monstrous, bloody wounds. Half of his face was burnt away like this, though his ear-scales were left unscathed.

Perhaps he would regret this later, but now he was blinded by pain and and fury. He had gotten closer to the Aerodactyl now... so close, he jerked off the Hyper Beam's range once again, his Dragon Rush dropping instantly. Spinning around violently, and with another roar, he brought his tail hard on Rector's chest. He had noticed that the two Hyper Beams his foe had used had left him weak, his body scarred from the effort to channel such a powerful attack.

Rector was struck with the Salamence's tail, right upon his chest, causing the Aerodactyl to fall over to the ground. The consequences of firing two consecutive Hyper Beams were being felt by his body now. Yet even as the pain swirled around him, the power of the chaos form moved his body up, as if it was possessed by someone else. In fact, it probably was. As Rector rose swifty, he could feel his bones crack from the movement, his body not yet recharged for rapid movement. Yet still, he persisted, and his body seemed to be nearing the end of its life, it didn't seem to register anymore within the mind of the Ancient Commander.

Another roar came out of the Aerodactyl's mouth, but this one was noticeably stained with an echo of pain behind the scream, as if conflicting feelings were in its mind. It pushed itself with everything forward while its body simply wanted to rest. Yet no rest came. Instead, he kicked off the ground with his feet, and furiously flapped his wings, charging in with everything it had for another Giga Impact.

Ragnaros gritted his teeth in what seemed to be a victorious grin, despite the movement causing pain upon the wound on the side of his face. Seeing the damaged Aerodactyl charge recklessly against him once again, he felt his belly stir with the confidence of the winner. He was about to throw the ace he was holding onto this whole fight - a powerful, full fledged Hydro Pump. Before Rector could reach him, Ragnaros unleashed a thick stream of water with extreme pressure that hit the Aerodactyl head on.

The powerful torrent of water collided with him like a train. He felt his skin crack from the impact, showing how damaging water could be to the Ancient. He also felt his Giga Impact coming to an end, no longer able to maintain the necessary strength to land the hit. He was faltering. The Salamence saw that his opponent was soaked to the bone and dove in from the sky in an instant. This was the end.

"You have a warrior's heart," he spat, his features twisted in a fury that made him half-mad. "I think I'll take it!"

He bashed the massive Aerodactyl, taking him to the ground. Jolts of electricity shot out of Ragnaros's fangs, right before he sunk them into Rector's neck. Being soaked from the Hydro Pump, the Ancient had no way of resisting the Thunder Fang. Each fang Ragnaros had sunk into him brought a thunder, a violent spasm, the electricity spreading to his whole body as Ragnaros held him down with his weight. He tasted the blood of the Ancients before he released Rector's neck, to watch him with a wild satisfaction. Sometime ago, that satisfaction would be his bloodlust. Now, it was something else, that he wasn't quite familiar with.

The purple color of the Ancient's remaining eye left it as life slipped away from him. The shadowy energy which engulfed his body earlier visibly left his body, and the energy dissipated into the air, merging with it, until it was gone.
"... prepare to have it granted."

Old September 19th, 2013, 02:20 PM
SV
It was justified

Plains of Valkaria - The Torturehouse Ruins

"The question is, Zane: are you?

Zane's eyes snapped open, the image of the Gold Tribe Pokemon in his head slowly disappearing, and his brain began to attach back to reality and the scene before him. He lay on the ground, injuries he received from the detonation of the torturehouse and the fight with the Deceiver were fresh across his body, but luckily, it seemed that no permanent damage was around. Which meant..

As he looked up, his eyes confirmed that they had successfully done the mass teleportation out of the torturehouse, away from the large building, which Zane saw had a massive chunk gone, and smoke rising swiftly from it. Nearby, he saw Penance, TrueStriker, the Keeper, Sword and Shield, and Gallant all around him, with the many citizens that they ported out. Zane was the only one on the ground, probably having to do with the image he saw in his mind, or perhaps the exhaustion from the fight. The veteran Sawk offered him a hand up, which he accepted.

"Almost there, Vigil," He told him. Indeed, they were close now. But they weren't done yet. He scanned over the bodies of the torturehouse victims, and smiled weakly, thankful that they were able to get out so many from the Silver Crystal's control. But the battle wasn't yet finished. "We should try to move the citizens a bit further away from the battle before we rejoin the fight." He told them, looking on as the battle around the torturehouse proceeded on, even if the giant building was riddled with holes.

The large explosion from the Torturehouse caught the Zangoose off guard. She watched the brilliant light of the explosion, which distracted her from the two Sentinels presently in front of her. The Jolteon went in once more with a Thunderbolt after Guardia successfully got the Sableye off of her. Surprisingly though, she saw that the Sableye actually was trying to stop the Jolteon from attacking. Guardia lowered her guard for a moment and tilted her head, wondering what he was referring to. But the phrase 'being duped' put a thought into her head. She still kept her fighting stance, but she had to know if the non-Gold Tribe Sentinel new anything.

"I'm guessing you found out about the Silver Crystal and all that, am I right?" She asked him, her body still tense and ready to attack at a moments notice.

Last edited by SV; September 19th, 2013 at 02:48 PM.
Old September 19th, 2013, 03:29 PM
Megaman765
Community Supporter

Snype and Levina

Snype glanced over to Guardia who seemed to get the idea where Snype was coming from. Snype nodded to Guardia. Seemed like the whole Gold Tribe was in on this thing for all he knew. At least it'd be easy to convince the Gold Tribe that he was really considering going with their side. Levina grew more curious though. "Silver Crystal? The heck is that? Snype you better start explaining!" Levina shouted.

"Alright. Well it kinda goes like this..." Snype explained everything that Penance did, including his battle and just what the Silver Crystal would do to them if they got too close. Levina listened, her ears twitching at the mention of becoming a puppet.

"Snype you have any idea how far fetched that sounds?" Levina said.

"You saw Deciever! He didn't just learn that black smoke stuff out of nowhere! He's not the only one either! We're the only two sentinels that still have our own brains intact! Everybody else listens to Auron like a puppet! That is NOT how I do things! And frankly, I like having this world around. Kehe. I wouldn't do good if I were dead." Snype said. He had a point... but Levina was still finding it hard to believe him.

"...Sounds to me like your just being a cowardly traitor." Levina said with a glare.

"Damnit Levina! Back me up here claw girl!" Snype said, looking over to Guardia.

(In Box)
Old September 19th, 2013, 03:43 PM
SV
It was justified

When the Sableye who the Jolteon Levina referred to as Snype nodded at her question, it confirmed what she thought. Apparently, he had discovered a part of this entire fiasco somehow. If she could somehow get the two of them to switch over, or to at least deter from fighting from Auron anymore because of the Silver Crystal, it would be a major victory, as two more Sentinels would be out of the picture. But from what she saw, Levina would take a lot more convincing.

Snype laid out everything he knew, Guardia listened as well while keeping a watch on her surroundings. The Ancients were focused more on the battles between Alpha Alliance soldiers than them at the moment, which proved advantageous. She noticed how they were making quite a push now, and how without much Sentinel leadership around, the tide appeared to be turning. In the final battle, things were looking up. Of course, this was from her vantage point only. She had no knowledge of what occurred within the torturehouse, if that group was successful at all.

She listened carefully as the two bickered amongst themselves, and when Snype asked for her assistance in the matter, she crossed her arms, giving a similarly hostile stare to Levina, while also trying to maintain her cool. This had to work. "It's all true. We found out about it after our battle in Albia. And the only way to stop it all is to beat the wielder of the Silver Crystal. To be Auron. The more you hang around the others and Auron, the higher chance you'll have of being puppets like the rest."

She hoped her words would at least begin to deter them. She wasn't much for speaking as she was for action. But now, for one of the first times, she was on the opposite end of things. Maybe the others' influence was rubbing off on her in that way.

Old September 19th, 2013, 04:03 PM
Megaman765
Community Supporter

Levina was still cautious. The Gold Tribe was in on it too... but she still wasn't sure who to believe. However, who was she to doubt Snype? The guy saved her life after all. If it wasn't for him, then she'd be a corpse back in Cape City. Levina owed him... as much as she hated to admit it. She at least owed him enough to trust his choices. She hated how submissive she was becoming to this scrawny little ghost!

"...I don't like it. But you sound like you know what your doing Snype... fine. I'll follow you on this." Levina said, giving a glare to Guardia. "Besides, I would have won that fight anyways." She said with a smirk. Snype gave a sigh of relief.

"Good. I don't know what's going on with the rest, but we need to help out somehow... the other sentinels are bound to find out we've changed sides sooner or later. So we just gotta kill Auron and we're set then right? We should catch up with the others." Snype said, making it sound like it'd be easy coming out of his mouth. He turned back to Guardia.

"How about you? Where are you headed now?" Snype asked her.

(In Box)
Old September 19th, 2013, 04:27 PM
SV
It was justified

Thankfully with the combined efforts of Guardia and Snype, they seemed to have convinced the Jolteon of Auron's plan. Guardia sighed in relief around the same time Snype did, thankful that she was actually able to talk two Sentinels out of fighting. It wasn't usually her style, being the reckless Zangoose that she was, but maybe the sight of battling so close to home, to where her father "Rey" fell, maybe it fueled her to try the diplomatic approach, as he would.

Guardia gritted her teeth and responded under her breath, trying to maintain her cool and her honor at the same time, which wasn't easy. "Heh...you wish Sentinel. I was mopping the floor with you before your buddy here came along."

She then put a claw up to her chin to ponder the question, looking around from the battlefield over to the torturehouse. "This battle isn't done yet. And we have to finish it before we fight Auron. I still need to check on my brothers by the torturehouse too, to see if they're alright, before rejoining the fight." She turned and began to head there, before turning back to the two Sentinels, or perhaps former Sentinels now. "You can come along, if you like," She added. Truthfully, she would have preferred if the two would come with her, so that she would be able to keep an eye on them and make sure they kept their word. If she let them run off by themselves, there was no telling if they would turn and start fighting back in the war again.

Old September 19th, 2013, 04:52 PM
Megaman765
Community Supporter

Snype nodded to Guardia. Sticking around with her would be a good bet... Levina was still reluctant to be working with Guardia but would just have to deal with it. For Snype's sake anyways. Joining the rest at the torture house would be a good bet. Snype snickered and walked along with Guardia. Snype wasn't really sure what he was thinking. He was a pretty unstable fellow but here, he was thinking rationally... actually stoping fights and everything. He had no idea what was coming over him. It was annoying. Extremely annoying. Maybe he'd work it out by the end of the battle.

"Hate to say it but lead the way. May as well make it known we're with you now. No sense in hiding it anymore..." Snype said with a neutral expression. Levina kept quiet to herself, not really wanting to make any further conversation with Guardia.

"Guess if they're inside, they've run into Deciever by now. Gengar Sentinel of ours. He had a heck of a plan in for them but judging by the explosion, it looks like they got through alright... or not." Snype said.

(In Box)
Old September 19th, 2013, 05:12 PM
SV
It was justified

Guardia moved across the battlefield towards the torturehouse. There were still plenty of Ancients around, but many of them were beginning to fall already thanks to the advancing Alpha Alliance armies. Guardia slashed at any Ancient that stood between her and the torturehouse, letting their bodies fall after every powerful swipe she made. She hoped the other two Sentinels were watching too, just so they would know she wasn't someone to mess with. It was perhaps a bit of arrogance on her part, and her acting a bit of a show-off, but that's the way Guardia was.

She nodded in response to Snype, agreeing that it was time to let the others know for sure about their switch. However long this alliance would last, Guardia wasn't sure, but she could hopefully expect no resistance while the Silver Tribe remained. She hoped. "I'm Lyn, by the way. Lyn Reed," She wondered if the two would have heard of the last name, as her father was the former Gold Tribe leader. "But the Gold Tribe calls me Guardia,"

"The Deceiver?" She wondered what exactly went on inside of there. "What exactly happened there? What was he planning? Was the explosion apart of that plan?" She asked, a bit frantically, hoping all was well with her friends and brothers. She expected she would soon find out, though, as they were just in front of the torturehouse now.

Old September 19th, 2013, 05:36 PM
Megaman765
Community Supporter

Snype grinned to Lyn, not really willling to offer something like a handshake at the moment. "Snype. Remember the name. Kehe." Snype said with a smirk. The group eventually made it in front of the torture house, about ready to help everybody out. Guess since he was switching, Snype would be best off letting Guardia know what was going down inside there and just what the Gengar was planning.

"You know how these places work I'm sure. Deciever told me that they torture the victims inside. But theres more to it then that... and I'm afraid they may have found out already. Some of the victims that go inside change. Deciever told me that they torture victims into turning to the Silver Tribe. Since this Silver Crystal is involved, I'm afraid that they've taken in the victims and tried to get them influenced by the crystal." Snype said adding a pause to his sentance.

"...Basicly, they could be making more sentinels. The Gold Tribe might be intended targets if they fall for their traps. Judging by the explosion, maybe they got through it alright. I don't know if they can cure that kind of mind control or whatever. Guess we'll just have to find out." Snype said calmly.

(In Box)
Old September 20th, 2013, 10:48 AM
Garet
GhostFire

Genevieve L'esprit
Plains outside the torturehouse of Silver City

So much chaos. What with the explosion at the torturehouse, and what she could see of the battle near the skyscraper, and the clash of armies itself, Genevieve wasn't sure where she was needed most. As the tides of battle moved, she moved along with it, keeping the Ancients surrounding her at the front line where they and the opposing Ancients could impale themselves on each other.

As it was her network, Genevieve distinctly felt it when three of the Gold Tribe's minds were snuffed out. All three, from fighting one Sentinel. That spoke of either the three elites' incompetence, or the Sentinel's power. Shuddering, Genevieve checked elsewhere. One Tribe elite had been fighting a Sentinel, from the looks of what she'd been tracking, only now there were two Sentinels. And all three were heading for the torturehouse, instead of staying in one place.

The Gardevoir suddenly bent over, hands flying to her head as it ached. Sentinels... Auron... Scar... Sovereign... The Siren... Hanso... Vera... Genevieve... No...no!! With a mental blast, Genevieve fried the minds of the Ancients under her control; her eyes stared at nothing as they crumpled to the ground. Her memories still hadn't come back to her in full force, but she remembered now...

~~~~~
Hanso SharpEye and Varren
Near the ruins of the Silver City torturehouse

"Must we?" the altered Gallade asked, grinning despite his slightly labored breathing. "They're not actually in the battle now, are they? The citizens can find their way from here." Varren knew the Goldie-boys would do so anyway; he just felt like verbally jabbing them a bit. The Gallade's hands moved up, in Hanso's control for the moment, and formed another Heal Pulse that washed over the gathered elites.

"So you all lived to escape the torturehouse." Genevieve's voice resonated in their heads, flat and emotionless. Hanso could sense a bit of anger behind it. "Status?"

"We got the citizens out," Hanso replied, his own voice echoing in the network. "I'm not sure about the Deceiver. I couldn't tell if he died in the explosion or not." In a personal channel that the others couldn't hear, he asked, What's wrong?

You didn't tell me who I was during the war, Hanso. What I did.
Old September 20th, 2013, 03:11 PM
SV
It was justified

Guardia listened to Snype's explanation of the Deceiver's plan inside the torturehouse. "So that's why they were bringing citizens in..." She muttered. If what he said was true, he only hoped that the others were successful in bringing out the others from the influence before it was too late. She didn't know how exactly the process worked, but if they were able to do it on Sentinels before, then citizens should have also worked. Or at least, that was what she hoped.

But if the Gold Tribe were also intended targets, as Snype suggested, then that would definitely be trouble. "I guess we will..." She replied back, looking around the ruins of the rubble, hoping for a sign of any of them. Directly in front of the torturehouse, there didn't appear to be anyone around. It didn't seem like there was any movement coming from inside either, which made her begin to worry a bit. She looked around the area, trying to hide her worried expression from the two ex-Sentinels, as she didn't want to show any weakness in front of her. Yet she knew, she was slowly failing. With no one around the area, she began to wonder if her brothers made it...

"Guardia!" A voice shouted from the left of her position. The Zangoose turned, and saw in the distance a group of Gold Tribe Pokemon, including Vigil, Gallant, and the one who shouted at her, Sword and Shield. Penance was also among them, as well as the Keeper, TrueStriker and many unconscious Pokemon citizens. She sighed in relief, and headed over to their direction. "Thank Arceus," She whispered to herself and approached the others.

"Heh...good to see you haven't blown up!" Guardia teased, with no signs of her having been worried only moments before. Zane grinned at her, before turning his eyes to the Sableye and Jolteon with her. "And these are?"

Guardia turned her head back to the pair. "Oh, right. This is Snype and...uh, another. They're both Sentinels," Zane tensed up for a moment, as did Gallant and Sword and Shield. Zane looked puzzled at Guardia, who lifted up her claws to calm them. "Ex-Sentinels. They found out about the Silver Crystal and are willing to help."

Zane eyed the two of them. If it weren't in these desperate times, he would have been more skeptical to trust right away. Quickly, he found the paradox at that thinking, as perhaps it is exactly in these times that he should have been more careful who to trust. But if Guardia was vouching for them for now, he supposed that was enough. "Right, well. If you say so. I'm Vigil." He said, pointing at himself, then going down the aisle at everyone else present individually as he introduced them. He eyed the Sableye for a moment longer, for some reason he seemed a little bit familiar to him, as if he had seen him before.

He stopped at TrueStriker after all introductions were made, and eyed him suspiciously after the remark he made, even after he began a Heal Pulse on the gathered. "So..." Zane began as he continued to gaze upon the Gallade. "What exactly's going on with you and...whatever's inside of you?" He asked a bit rushed. He still remembered in the back of his mind that there was a battle going on, that they soon would have to rejoin if the Alpha Alliance hoped to win. While they recovered their breath and were being healed up though, they had a few moments. Nevertheless, Gallant and Sword and Shield already began coordinating with surrounding soldiers to help clear out the citizens from the area and out of the action.

Old September 21st, 2013, 12:46 PM
<Challenger>
Stay Dandy, baby.

Nature: Jolly
Jirmonji "The Swift" Slynt
Packing a Punch
The Swift barely caught a glance of Sentry's eyes before the Metal Claw slammed into his chest. All that he could remember at that point in time was pain, both mental and physical. He was sent cartwheeling through the air for a full minute before he finally hit the ground. A small crater was created where his body landed. Jirmonji stands back to back with a Scizor, both prepared to die. They were surrounded by a countless number of Charizard and Charmeleon. The taller Scizor looked to Slynt and smiled. "Well, brother, looks like we have ourselves in a situation." "It's nothing we can't handle, big brother!" A smile crossed the young lad's face. Brother smiled and laughed lightly. "Now, now, Jirmonji. Don't get cocky here." "But big brother!" The Swift's voice could almost be considered whiny. "We've gotten in far worse situations than this!" The older Scizor merely chuckled and rushed forward to battle their firey opponents, with his little brother by his side.

When the Swift awoke, he couldn't stand up. The wind was knocked out of him, and there was a small dent in his chest. Damn...He hit me hard. He could've given up right then and there...retreat from battle, like at Gold City. Fail his brother again. No. No. I will make him proud. I will honor him! He managed to stand only through pure determination. Pain wracked his body, but still he defied his mind. A small laugh escaped his mouth. "Funny...that we're here...That we're fighting...Here of all places...A final stand on both accounts." A smile formed on his lips, but he coughed up blood not seconds later. "I...I just want you to know, that whatever happens in this battle...No matter which one of us dies..." He looked up and stared Sentry in the eyes. "I love you." Jirmonji dashed forward as fast he could manage and swung a Metal Claw straight for Sentry's face.
"I'm not gonna die. Each one of you risked your lives to come to my rescue, and that's why I can't let you throw away your lives now, not for me, not again. I got this. Don't worry about me, babies."
-Space Dandy
Old September 22nd, 2013, 09:46 AM
Greiger
A mad mind... hehe

Penance and Blackguard : Part 1

Penance groaned weakly as they ported away. Judging by the loud explosion he heard that meant that something in the torture house had blown up, but it had mostly likely been Deceiver. Slowly he rose up and coughed a bit. His head throbbed... and he was still alive. The mass of bodies around them indicated that at least most of the citizens has been ported. That was something Zane really pushed for as did the other psychics. There were groans and whimpers from the citizens as could be expected, they had been puppet to some mad spirit after all!

He took in a gasp of air and tried to stand, only to fall back down. He felt Malphus grab him and raise him up, "Here we go, over him Penance." Malphus dragged him out of the piles of bodies and after getting a little bit away set him back down. "You good?"

"Yeah yeah." He coughed. "Just a bit drained. Surge back there?"

The Marowak shook his head, "I felt him... must have ported back to Cape City."

Penance nodded weakly, "Yeah, I guess so. It's how he is, hehe. Lashire should be getting up soon then. I just need to walk for a bit, get some air in my lungs you know."

Malphus helped up the Golduck and Penance walked around a bit. He put his hands behind his head and took in a few deep breaths to clear his jumbled mind. "Well, the only thing left is Auron I imagine." Then he heard a loud roar. Glancing over he saw two dragons battling in the air, "Ah, Ragnaros. He'll be fine." The Golduck waved his hand dismissively. "Yeah, we're all good. Make a note Malphus as to check on Saul. That explosion wasn't expected, could be there are more traps here and there."

Malphus nodded, "Aye, that's true, at least we won't have any more troubles before Auron." The Marowak chuckled.

Meanwhile, above them, another figure loomed. Blackguard stared down at the Madman and his Affiliate from high above, hidden in the clouds. This was his next target. The Madman was no simple foe though, and Blackguard knew it. The Golduck was a mastermind, most unlike any Pokemon in the world today. It would take all of his power to outsmart this duck.

"Now then, let's get this show on the road."

Blackguard dropped his flames, and for a moment, he floated in the air without any support, before he began tumbling down to the ground like a renegade meteor.

Penance glanced all around and was about ready to contact who needed to be contacted when suddenly Malphus grabbed him and pulled him as fast as he could. The Golduck snapped his head up and he smirked at the being coming down, "Ah I miss-" He didn't get to finish as the Golurk slammed down. Both fell to the ground with thuds as even the surface of the ground seemed to ripple. Cracks broke open in the ground while Penance got back up.

"Well... someone else I missed?" He asked irritably.

Malphus was quick to rise as well and readied his bone. "Penance... something is unnatural about this one." He muttered. The Marowak rubbed at his head, "Doesn't look like this'll be easy."

Penance glanced toward the hole, "Yo. Big guy. You gonna sit in there or what?"

Nothing but a heavy cloud of dust was visible inside the crater created by the Blackguard, obscuring him. Suddenly, fire began pouring out of it. Not just any fire, but a green, unnatural fire that scorched anything it touched instantly. The streams of flame waved around, until they seemed to lock onto the Madman.

Penance smirked as he held his hands high above his head. His eyes glowed a deep purple hue as he shot out several Water Pulses. Before they could get too far the Pulses burst open and the water glowed the same purple color. The water formed something akin to a barrier over him. "Really? That's all tin man? Seriously I thought you might have more. But I spy with my little eye a familiar face! Palwow wasn't it?"

"Oh, believe me, Penance Malum..." A booming voice rose from the deepest part of the crater, as a shadowy figure became visible through the cloud of dust, slowly working his way upwards by climbing the sides. "You haven't seen anything yet."

Just as he said that, Blackguard used the propulsion from his jets to shoot up from the crater, and land right in front of the protected Madman.

"You think you're safe inside your little bubble, Malum?" He mocked.

Penance gritted his teeth as the Golurk appeared right at him. At that moment he pointed both hands right at the Golurk's head. The barrier of water squeezed down to a ball that wrapped around the Golurk's head. Penance smirked, "No, I think I'm safe out of it actually."

He jumped back and looked at Malphus, "Stay back, he's corrupted alright. Skin tone, red eyes, all classic signs!" He said with a smug smile. "So, gonna kill us eh? It'll take more than that you know!"

Blackguard grasped at his head. He tried to say something, but all that arose were small bubbles inside his little ball of water. He grasped at his neck for air, and gagged, and tried to scream, but the voice only came through as a muffled howl. But suddenly, he stopped all of that, and simply looked at Penance with a bored expression, his head cocked to one side.

Then, he did something odd. Blackguard pointed his own arm at his own head, and used a Flamethrower. His small head was, for a moment, invisible among the green flames, but soon enough the flames stopped, and there was Blackguard's face, totally unscathed. Above his head, a small cloud of evaporated water floated away into the sky.

"Whoever said I was gonna kill you?" Blackguard cracked his overgrown knuckles, each crack sounding like a dozen firecrackers popping at once. "That's too easy."

Without warning, Blackguard shot out at Penance, using his jets for extra speed. The Golurk's larger figure loomed over him before long, beginning his onslaught of Shadow Punches.

Penance gritted his teeth yet again as the water ball dissipated. This Golurk was something else! More powerful definitely than the other Sentinels. It had freaking attacked itself and left no marks! He took a step back as the Golurk spoke. Malphus frowned, "Penance... we may need some assistance here."

Before long the Shadow Punches came and Penance quickly put up another water shield to protect himself, but the first two managed to dissipate his shield. Penance did his best to dodge, but as one slammed into his gut the others quickly followed. One after another they punched into him and he ended up being shot back and rolling along on the ground. Quickly Malphus got in front of him and held his bone defensively, "You're not touching him."

Blackguard stepped backwards, and began lifting one leg up. With tremendous force, he brought the leg crashing down to the ground, the impact creating a large crack in the earth beneath him. For a moment, it seemed as though that was it, but suddenly, the earth began to turn on its inhabitants, shaking with incredible force. A very powerful Earthquake was underway. One that would shake the very foundations of Silver City itself. In the distance, buildings could be heard collapsing onto each other like dominos falling over.

"Are you sure about that?" Blackguard grinned.

Malphus cried out as the earthquake happened. He fell to a knee as the attack hit him hard. Shakily he rose again, "I-I'm sure..." He said with gasps in his voice.

Penance slowly managed to lean up. He got back onto his feet though his legs shook underneath him. "I"m fine... here Malphus." He gasped. "You." He narrowed his eyes at the Golurk, "We go one on one. You say you don't want to kill me... so I assume something worse is in store for me." He tightened his muscles, "I may not be true Gold Tribe... and maybe I'm just a bit different. But that doesn't mean I'm a push over. Just keep hitting me and the Affiliates will keep rising up."

At this, Blackguard burst of laughing. The laugh was both one of amusement and insanity, and when he was finally able to calm himself down, he looked at the poor Golduck, already battered and beaten as the earth threatened to collapse beneath him.

"Brave words for such a coward!" Blackguard began his slow, intimidating approach at the Madman and Malphus, the shaking ground not seeming to affect him at all. "Despite all your plans and all your words, you can't escape who you really are. I know who you are, Penance Malum. You are... like me, as much as you may hate to admit it. Even if that wonderfully intellectual brain of yours hasn't realized it yet. So, join me... together, we can bring chaos down upon all of Valkaria, and beyond."

Penance frowned, "Yeah... I'm not a puppet." He shook his head, "I don't wish to bring chaos lug head. Yeah, chaos is all fine and good sometimes, but most Pokemon can't stand it." He waved a hand at Blackguard. "So... I don't know, go back into your hole or something and sleep for a thousand years or whatever. You're just a puppet yourself, controlled by the Silver Crystal." He crossed his arms, "You're in denial to think that you'll be in control. Auron will smack you to the ground once he's done with you."

Blackguard stopped his approach. He stood still for a moment, and then he laughed again. "PFFFAHAHAHAHA! You think that I'm like the other Sentinels? HAHAHA! I am so much better!" He resumed his approach, as he was almost upon them now. "I am no pawn. Quite the opposite. They are my pawns. My agents of chaos, though they may not realize it. Denial? Please. I know what I am: pure, rotten evil. I AM the Silver Crystal, Penance! The Silver Crystal in different body. A much better body..." He glanced at his arms, then at his torso and his legs. He flexed his muscles a few times, as if he was testing them out for the first time.

"No. I'm afraid it's you who is in denial, Penance." Blackguard stopped his approach right in front of the two Pokemon. "You say you are different... and you are! Deep down, beneath all the logic and the plotting, you long for chaos. Paladin did too, though he may not have been aware of it. Nobody is until they face a crucial moment in their lives in which they are forced to choose. Choose between the boring old good side, or that longing for chaos that resides deep within them. Paladin's moment was his fight with Sovereign. He chose me."

"This is your moment."

Penance began to sweat and stepped back even more. He could feel his heart beating faster as what the Golurk said resided in his being. "... You want to take me over." He croaked out.

Malphus raised his bone. "You get away from us right now! We'll take you down!" He snapped out.

"Malphus... run." Penance gulped, and in one of the few moments it was clear fear had taken over, "This being is right from the Silver Crystal... he can kill both of us easily enough." Then Penance whipped up a hand and shot out a Water Pulse at the Golurk's face. At that same moment Malphus ran behind the Golurk and whacked his back with his bone.

"Plan twenty-four, pretend to be scared." He crackled with laughter, "You'll have to take me down before you even think of taking control of me!" He said. "Let's party!" With that he raised up both hands and shot a multitude of Water Pulses at the Golurk.

Blackguard chuckled lightly. "I don't want to take you over," he said, as the Water Pulses pelted his body, he felt little more than a slight pinch. Turning around, he saw the determined little Affiliate named Malphus with his bone, ready to try and take him out.

"I only want to..." Blackguard quickly lashed out at the Marowak, Shadow Punching him and then making a grab for his much smaller form. Holding the struggling Malphus tightly in his hand, he turned back to Penance.

"... Awaken you." As he said that, he tightened his hand around Malphus's body, as the sickening snaps of several cracking bones could be heard, including that of the skull he wore on his face. The skull fell off, revealing his true visage. Malphus struggled some more, until finally, the life faded from his eyes.

Any smirk that Penance had quickly faded as Malphus died there in the Golurk's arms. His hands fell and he stared for a while, almost as if trying to comprehend what had happened. Instincts took over and the Golduck reached down to rub the colored bracelet that he kept on his wrist... the very one that he had thought he had outgrown during this entire Odyssey.

He let his head hang for a bit then he snapped it back up. Without another word he formed a Water Pulse in his hands and began to infuse it with psychic energy. "Want to awaken me huh?" He asked as he closed his eyes, a small tear slowly leaking down a cheek. "THEN AWAKEN TO THIS!" He screamed out in rage as he threw his Water Bomb right at the Golurk. As soon as it hit the water would break open and smack that Sentinel with psychic energy. As soon as it was launched Penance followed it up with Water Pulse after Water Pulse, screaming out in rage at the loss of one of his closest friends.

The Water Bomb was unexpected. Blackguard's first attempt to rid himself of it was to use both his arms as Flamethrowers to try and dissipate the water into gas, but the psychic energy seemed to be resisting against the heat. The water reached him, and instantly it gathered around him, obviously controlled by some sort of psychic power, and began to weigh him down. At first, he was able to resist, and simply approached Penance - who only struck with more Water Pulses - but eventually Blackguard was forced to kneel down. He grunted, trying to resist the immense power. Indeed, this Golduck was a far more formidable foe when his psyche was put to the test. That made Blackguard's plan all the more risky.

He had to focus. The only way to fight this psychic power was with his own mind, and so he did. He focused all of his dark energies on the psychic force that held him down and managed to corrupt it, turning it to his advantage. He stood up, grinning.

"It seems you've chosen then. No turning back now."

Blackguard shot the psychic force that had once held him down back towards Penance, using it to ensnare him in a net of corruption. Seemingly instantly, Paladin kneeled down before the trapped Golduck. However, instead of lifting an arm to deliver a finishing blow, he simply placed his hands on the Golduck's head, and closed his eyes.

"We shall continue this battle... elsewhere. Let us see what you're hiding in here."

Penance watched in pure horror as his own attacks were turned against him. He cried out as the corrupted psychic energy came and wrapped around him keeping him held against the ground. He squirmed about wildly, especially when that Golurk made his way to him.

His heart beat in his chest as he felt that hands against his head and screamed out as he felt his mind being penetrated. All at once the surrounding area disappeared and he found himself standing on stone. The Golurk was here as well... and his doors were. There were many staircases, each leading to a memory or a thought that the Golduck had experience once. Some led to chains of memories or thoughts, but he knew how to protect them. Having several psychics work on keeping his mind secure sure did help.

He grunted on the ground and slowly staggered up. "This is my mind." He glared at the Golurk. "Think you can take what you want? You'll have to work for it."

"We'll see about that," Blackguard said. He gazed around at the scenery before him. It was a maze of stairs and doors unlike anything he'd ever seen. However, he had planned for such a situation, as it was obvious that Penance's mind would be well guarded. "Well, you may hide. I will seek. But know this..." he lifted a finger, "Your mind will never be the same when I am done here, regardless of the outcome of this 'battle,' if that is what you will call it."

Penance smirked and then held out a hand as he threw out a Psychic at the Golurk. "Oh? Well I bet ya I can beat you! This is my mind and I can do whatever I please!" He chuckled softly, "If you think you can beat me here, then you are sadly mistaken. I've had training from numerous psychics, I know every single trick in the book!" He pointed at the doors, "Just try it... and you'll be sorry."

"Every trick in the book, huh?" Blackguard effortlessly deflected the Psychic, and turned to face a door. This one looked old and tattered, and what appeared to be a carving of a Golduck's face stood out on its surface. "I don't follow the book."

He made his way towards the old door. Slowly, he reached for the handle, but as soon as he laid a hand on it, it became black. Dark vines appeared to extend from Blackguard's hands onto the handle, and then they crept their way further up the door until it was entirely covered.

Blackguard turned back to Penance. "You really think I'm stupid enough to open one, Penance? No, no. If there is anything that is more formidable than your mind, it is whatever tricks and traps may lie in wait inside it. We'll just let the corruption do its work, slowly. It will spread, without even opening a single door, until finally... it will all collapse at once."

Penance blinked in surprise as the Golurk did not open the door, instead some vines crept out and to his horror the door turned black. He had to rub at his eyes to see if he was hallucinating. No... the vines were real. "Collapse? But... but you came in here to find out what I knew!" He snapped. "Why make all my mind collapse!? Such an event could clear my mind! You wouldn't find anything! It would all be destroyed!"

"Would it really?" Blackguard retracted his hand, poised to use one of his jets. "You see, I am also quite a formidable foe when in the mind. The mind is my birthplace, after all." From out of the hole in his arm came a most terrifying sight: a Dark Beam. The shining line of black shot out at lightning speed towards Penance, ready to steal his life away.

Penance readied his legs, and then smirked as he just disappeared into thin air.

"Remember, this is my mind." Penance's voice sounded behind Blackguard, "Imagination rules here." With that Penance suddenly raised the steel sword he now had and slammed it into Blackguard's face.

He disappeared into a shadowed corner... and reappeared one of the staircases hanging from the ceiling, upside down as well. "Madness require a lot of creativity, you know that right?" He smirked, "When's the last time you ate a pasta bowl of crickets?" He burst into loud laughter and quickly formed another Water Bomb, sending it down at Blackguard.

Blackguard was slightly disoriented by the hit to his head, and stumbled to the side a bit. That was why, when the Water Bomb came, it very nearly hit him, but he managed to roll out of the way just in time.

"So, you use the shadows, do you?" Blackguard mused, backing into a shadowy corner. "Darkness is a fine thing. Much more mysterious than boring old light. It's the same with evil," he disappeared. "But the difference between you and me is that you merely adopted the dark..." His voice resonated throughout Penance's entire mind. "I was born in it... molded by it."

Blackguard reappeared behind Penance, also standing upside down, and tried to launch another Dark Beam. Knowing his attempt would most likely fail, he followed up with a second Dark Beam from his other arm, and then another, and another.

Penance quickly turned about as the Golurk appeared. He lifted his hand up into the air as the stone on the staircase rose up in between the two and took all the hits from the Dark Beams. "Hehe. I'm more than those that you've fought before." He made his way to a nearby door. "Want to really see what I got?" He winked and closed the door behind him.

Blackguard used a single Shadow Punch to destroy the wall that had been generated between them, causing rubble to fly in all directions. He looked on to see Penance disappearing behind a door.

Blackguard looked downwards, at the door which he had corrupted. It was already starting to crumble, and the vines were beginning to spread their darkness upwards, onto the walls and the stairs. Blackguard contemplated going after Penance, but he was almost entirely sure he would be struck by a trap. He had to be very careful here.

Deciding he'd have to wait for the corruption for a while longer, he went for the door. A Shadow Punch, and the door blasted open.

As soon as he did so he would see Penance on the other side. The room was empty... except for the small shards of glass he now levitated. "Hehe, here ya go!" Penance pointed his finger right at the Golurk as the glass shot out at him. Most of it aimed for his face with the other shards would slam at his joints. "Eat your supper now! It's what you wanted after all!"

Blackguard shot out a couple of Flamethrowers from his arms, aiming them at the flying shards of glass. It reduced the first few shards to ash, but two of them managed to hit his knees. Though they should have just bounced off, Blackguard was surprised to find that they became firmly lodged into his knees, causing him to fall down.

"Argh!" He grunted. Two more shards of glass lodged themselves into his shoulders, causing him to shout out in pain. With some difficulty, though, he lifted his right arm and used Flamethrower on his shoulder, melting the shard and causing his wound to instantly heal up. He repeated the process with his shoulder and knees until he was fully recuperated.

"Is that all you got?" He mused. Then, he spread his arms out wide. The walls of the room began to shake, and then, Blackguard smashed his two arms together furiously. Instantly, two large metal spikes extended from the walls, straight at Penance.

Penance readied himself, bouncing on his feet as the wounds healed up. "So you know how to heal eh? Many don't know that trick." He watched as the Golurk shot out spikes at him. He held out his two hands, his eyes glowing a bright blue as his psychic powers grabbed hold of the spikes and tried to slow them down. He grunted a bit as he began to strain. "You're strong." He admitted.

He finally rolled out of the way as the spikes shot past him. "I have tricks as well!" He pointed at the ground the Golurk stood on and suddenly ice began to form up his legs, quickly working to encase him. "Hope you like brain freezes." The Golduck chuckled.

Blackguard tried to move his legs as the ice slowly worked its way upwards, but he couldn't. Instead, he aimed his arms at his legs and used Flamethrower to try and melt the ice. Indeed, it melted somewhat, but still continued to make its way upwards, reaching his torso. Still, he used Flamethrower with one arm and tried to punch the ice to pieces with the other, but to no avail. The ice reached his arms, and soon they were encased as well.

Blackguard said nothing as the last of the ice wrapped around his head, turning him into a popsicle. For a few moments, nothing happened, but then a large crack appeared in the ice. The crack spread, dividing into several smaller cracks, and Blackguard began to move inside his icy prison, until finally, the ice was sent flying in all directions, shattered to pieces.

"Impressive. But not impressive enough."

Blackguard shot out another Dark Beam at Penance, followed up by a Flamethrower that burned an eerie green.

Penance was quick to dodge the beam, knowing that a Flamethrower wouldn't be as effective against him. He sent out a few Water Pulses at the Golurk in return to try and lower the flames. "Flames are nothing against me." He said with a cocky grin. "I wonder how young you really are. You don't fight like some old fart." He put both of his hands to his gem and he shot out a psychic pulse at his enemy.

The Water Pulses did little to affect the flames, which were only meant as a distraction, but the Psychic Pulse that came rushing forward struck Blackguard straight in the chest, causing him to stumble back somewhat. Grunting, and dusting off his chest, he spoke.

"I am older than time itself... and more powerful than it too." He put out his Flamethrowers and stared straight at Penance with those soulless eyes. "Ah, time. It works quite differently in the mind... funny how quickly it can be rewound..."

Suddenly, the glass shards that littered the room began to rise up, and come back together, like puzzle pieces. As soon as they fund the right fit, they were welded together, until eventually a large, jagged shard of glass the represented one of Penance's memories stood before them.

Then, Blackguard sent the shard of glass flying straight at Penance.
Old September 22nd, 2013, 09:46 AM
Xilfer
'twas fun.
Community Supporter

The Blackguard vs. The Madman
Round 2

The room around the two disappeared for a moment and the combatants found themselves in a house. A young Psyduck was busy eating a bit of food at the table while a female Golduck was forming a ball of water over a Murkrow that appeared to have a burned wing and gently set it over the burn. "Now don't move. How you kids get these injuries I'll never learn," the Golduck said.

The Murkrow shrugged, "We were just playing."

"Yeah, playing around fire is such a good idea." She said with a bit of light hearted sarcasm in her voice. The Golduck made her way to the Psyduck, "Now Penance, you know that you shouldn't do that again? Do you?"

The Psyduck nodded his head as he ate another berry, "I'm sorry mom... but Francis-"

"I don't care what Francis said. He's a fire type, he can't be burned as easily as you all can be," she huffed.

Meanwhile Penance himself stared aghast and turned to Blackguard, glaring at him. "Get out. Now!" He readied a psychic pulse and shot it right at him with a scream of anger.

"Hehe," Blackguard snickered. Penance's anger did so amuse him. He swiftly dodged the psychic pulse, allowing it to crash into the wall of the house. Instantly, the young Penance, his mother, and the injured Murkrow reacted, running away screaming. However, before he went out the door of the house, the young Psyduck looked back, staring at Penance and Blackguard as if he could actually see them. Then, he trailed after his mother.

Penance slowly stepped back, frowning, "How... did this? No... we just did this..." He shook his head a bit, "I... remember though...." He looked back up at the Golurk as the scene changed yet again. This time... it seemed they were in some sort of hallway. Doctors and nurses walked around the two and sometimes right through the two as they went about to various rooms. Near a wall was a bench where a young Psyduck sat. He was sobbing lightly and every so often glanced up at a door.

Penance quickly put himself in front of Blackguard and tensed up, "Don't. You. Dare," he warned. His eyes began to glow a bright blue as his anger rose.

Blackguard chuckled lightly, and began making his way towards the door. However, suddenly, Blackguard was lifted by what appeared to be psychic energy, and sent flying back down the hallway. He skidded along the floor, before crashing into the wall at the far end.

His laughing or even grinning had now faded, replaced with an annoyed expression. Activating his jets, he rocketed towards Penance and the door at full speed, with passing doctors and nurses screaming and running away as he did so.

Penance braced himself as he was tossed back. At that moment the small Psyduck had gone into the door he had been staring at and Penance shakily rose up. "Get out of my head!" He screamed. His eyes glowed blue yet again and he held out both hands at Blackguard, attempting to keep the Golurk in place and halt his advance.

The psychic force held Blackguard back quite a bit, slowing his flight so that it was about charging speed. Still, he advanced, and eventually made it back to where Penance stood. Working against the force to stretch out an arm, he Shadow Punched the Golduck, sending him crashing against the wall. However, all the psychic energy from before now pushed once more, and Blackguard was sent flying backwards again. He used his large fingers to dig into the floor, coming to a halt as he skidded along the floor, and advanced once again on Penance and the door.

Penance cried out as he was slammed back, but still his psychic powers kept him protected. He grinned as the Golurk was flung back, but he saw that his enemy was far more competent than he imagined. He began to sweat as he tried to keep him back. "No... don't..." Penance said, though it sounded more like a plea now. He began to shoot out multiple Water Pulses at the advancing Golurk, trying to knock him off his balance.

Blackguard struggled against the psychic, but he managed to avoid the first few Water Pulses, until one hit him in the leg, knocking him off-balance slightly and causing him to be pushed a ways back by the psychic. However, he resumed his approach. Then, he extended an arm and used Flamethrower, burning any nearby Pokemon and scorching the walls and floor. The Flamethrower didn't reach Penance, but it was so large that it obscured Blackguard from Penance's view, causing the psychic to break. Then, when the Flamethrower began to dissipate, out came Blackguard flying incredibly fast. He managed to crash into Penance this time, sending them both flying into the room.

Penance fell back against the door and crashed onto the floor. He quickly glanced over to where the female Golduck was in bed, looking rather sick. The Psyduck from before was there, gripping onto her flipper as he cried.

"My Penance... remember..." The colored bracelet that she wore was pulled off and handed to the Psyduck, "I'll always be with you." The Psyduck glanced down at the bracelet, but before he could say anything he saw the two crash inside and his eyes widened at the sight of Blackguard.

The Golurk smashed into the wall beside the bed and the Psyduck, creating a hole leading into the next hospital room. For a moment, nothing was heard but screams from the people in the other hospital room, before Blackguard walked through, his red eyes scanning the room. His opponent, Penance, lay on the ground rather damaged, and the younger Penance stared at Blackguard with wide eyes, clearly terrified. Blackguard also noticed another Golduck, Penance's mother, laying on the bed, apparently very sickly.

Blackguard walked over to the other side of the bed, right beside Penance's mother. Slowly, he extended a large finger down at the Golduck, pushing onto her throat and causing her to begin choking, gasping for air.

"Penance..." He began, looking at the young Psyduck. "I am Blackguard, harbinger of chaos..." The chokes of Penance's mother filled his ears as he spoke, "Remember that name."

Then, silence.

The Psyduck stared in horror up at the Golurk, a few tears leaking down his face, and then the Psyduck screamed. He began punching at the Golurk's leg, screaming at the top his lungs as he punched at the Golurk. This continued for a while before the Psyduck collapsed, sobbing at the top of his lungs.

Slowly the Golduck got up and glared back at Blackguard. "I... remember..." He slowly got up, "It was you... IT WAS YOU!" The Golduck shot out multiple Psychic pulses as the environment around them began to shift. "I HATE YOU! I'LL KILL YOU!" He screamed at the top of his lungs. His blue eyes glowed brighter all the while as he aimed to destroy this Golurk.

While the memory shifted to another one, Blackguard unleashed a Flamethrower in order to hide himself in the fire, causing most of the psychic pulses to miss. All the while, he laughed.

"HAAAAAAHAHAHAAA! HEHEHAAAAHAHAAAA!"

Then, they were in some sort of warehouse. Blackguard glanced around. A big area indeed. Activating his jets, Blackguard flew up into the air, stopping and staying in place right below the warehouse's roof.

"Come up here then! Avenge your mama!"

Penance screamed out as he shot up Water Pulse after Water Pulse. A few tears leaked down his face as his anger began to blind him. Most of his Water Pulses actually whizzed past the Golurk and slammed into boxes and the ceiling.

Water Pulses just kept coming at Blackguard, and eventually one struck him in the chest, causing him to come down a bit. The pulse was far more powerful than the others he'd been hit by; a testament to Penance's anger.

"Yes, that's it..." Blackguard boomed, "Unleash your anger. Your hunger will only grow..."

Blackguard began to fly around Penance in circles. With one arm, he used his Flamethrower to set some boxes and the floor of the warehouse alight, creating a circle of green flames around Penance. Then, he descended, but outside of the ring of fire, making it impossible for Penance to see him.

"Where am I?" Blackguard mused, his voice seeming to be coming from all directions. Then, suddenly, he came flying out of the fire and straight for Penance. Not waiting to see if he'd hit him or not, he flew back into the fire, out of sight.

Penance glanced around as the fire surrounded him. He looked about and once the voice spoke out he quickly sent out a mass of Water Pulses, but he was looking at the wrong place. He felt the large mon slam into his back and he fell to the ground. He slowly struggled to get back up, the battle in his mind starting to weaken him already. He closed his eyes tightly and gasped for air. The fire was now spewing out smoke and he fell to his knees as he coughed and hacked. The smoke stung his eyes and obscured his sight.

Still, he kept shooting out Water Pulses as best as he could. But eventually he had to stop as he doubled over on his knees as he hacked louder and louder.

"No! Nononono!" Blackguard quickly flew back into the ring of fire and landed beside Penance, grabbing the weakened Golduck by his neck. "You're not dying yet! We've only just begun!"

As the Golurk flew next to him, a smirk formed over the Golduck's face and an eye twinkled as he aimed a hand right at him, "You can't choke in your own mind idiot." He pushed out a powerful Psychic pulse right at Blackguard and stood back up, "It's the illusion of death... an illusion that so many fall for, only those of strong mind can fight against it." He chuckled again, "Surely you would know that?"

Blackguard grunted as he was sent flying back by the surprisingly powerful psychic pulse, and once again he disappeared beyond the flames.

"Like I said..." He began, "We've only just begun!"

Out of the flames came the flying Golurk once more, ready to ram into Penance.

Penance smirked, this time more than ready to dodge the Golurk. He pointed a finger up toward the ceiling as the sprinkler system came on. Water fell down to take out the fire. "Hehe, too easy." He watched as the fire died off and looked at the Golurk, "Why... why kill my mother?" He narrowed his eyes, "I don't know how you traveled into the past... but all this time... I've been trying my best to find you, and now I have." Penance squeezed his fists together, "I'll make sure to break every bone in your body."

"Haaahahahaaa!" Blackguard laughed, as he gazed down at Penance from above. "Just try!"

He hovered right below the ceiling again, but this time he shot down small, fire-based projectiles at Penance. These projectiles burned with the intensity of a furnace, and scorched any boxes it came into contact with to a cinder.

As the area around them burned more and more the scenery began to fade away, though as the scene shifted the remnants of conversation could be heard.

"So we'll set it up here then?" A voice asked.

"Right. When the Marrow gang comes by there, we hit them with the water. Funny thing is that sprinklers aren't seen as major threats... hehe, the acid in them will quickly kill most of them. We'll find survivors and have them put down. Murder of innocents is not something I want in this." Another voice said. "Any signs?"

"None Penance. Just like last week."

"I see... anyway, once we get them down we'll need his bone. Bones are durable so it shouldn't dissolve...."

The voices finally faded away with the scenery and both would find themselves in the memory room again, though it looked a bit different now. The memories now had different still images on the glass, though to Penance it would still look the same. The Golduck shot up a Water Bomb at the Golurk and narrowed his eyes, "You want to experience my memories so bad? Why so? What do you get out of it!? Answer me now dammit!"

Blackguard launched a Fireball at the Water Bomb, and the two collided, creating a large explosion that sent Blackguard and Penance crashing against the walls of the room. Blackguard rose and dusted off his body, attempting to look beyond the hot steam that had now filled the room. As expected, he saw shattered glass littering the room once more.

"You want to know why? Because I CAN!"

Penance groaned as he peeled himself off of the wall and had to kneel a bit while he gathered his energy again. He looked up and he saw that glass was all around them yet again. Penance rubbed at his head and glared at him, "Get out of my mind you freak. What are you even gaining from this!?"

He stepped back a bit and cast a glance at the door, "I won't let you find anything!" He said as he ran to the entrance.

"Oh, won't you now?" Blackguard used a Shadow Punch on the floor, causing it to ripple up as if it were some kind of wave and knock Penance off his feet. Blackguard then rushed through the door, and back into the staircase world quickly.

Looking around, it appeared the corruption was doing its job quite well. The dark vines had spread very high now, leaving several doors wide open and the walls around them pitch black. "Soon, you will be mine..." Blackguard muttered.
Old September 22nd, 2013, 09:47 AM
Greiger
A mad mind... hehe

Penance and Blackguard : Part 3

Penance cried out as he fell onto his stomach and watched in horror as the Golurk ran out. Penance got back onto his feet and followed after him. He looked on anxious as the corruption spread around. "No... NO!" He screamed out in denial. He clutched his head and then glared at the ground type. "I won't let you find them!" Penance took in a deep breath and let out a high-pitched shriek. The noise shot out to two rooms across from them and the sound of shattered glass reached their ears.

Penance narrowed his eyes, "You can turn back time, sure. But it'll take time to look at each memory!" He grinned a bit at that, "At the very least, I can force you to spend your time here."

Deep down, Penance knew he was stalling only a bit. Time in the mind ran far different as compared to outside it. An hour outside could be anything in the mind. It could be five minutes, it could be equally an hour, or it could actually be a year. Only talented pokemon could control the flow of time in their minds. In such a case like this, Penance's mind had actually been made so that a few months could pass inside it before even a minute would pass in the outside world. He would need all of that time to fight back against his intruder and ensure he could not find any important information.

"I don't think so!" Blackguard shouted angrily, turning to Penance and Shadow Punching him once more. Then, he used his jets to fly upwards, gazing around as he did so to find an open room with some possibly valuable information. Most of the rooms he flew by had information that was destroyed from Penance's shriek, but some still had their information intact. Blackguard knew he would never be able to spare the time to repair each memory and go through it looking for information; instead, he had to find the right one, and soon, because wherever he went, Penance wouldn't be far behind.

Blackguard looked to his right, and there he noticed a black door hanging ajar with a particularly large, thick shard of information inside. Instinctively, he flew towards it as fast as he could.

Penance fell, but was quick to get back on his feet. Adrenaline pumped through his system now, and he ran right after the Golurk. He was pleased to see his memories shattered here and there, but there were some rooms that had shards and some that didn't, and even some that still had information intact. He couldn't stop to destroy anything else right now, the most important thing was to find Blackguard and send him out of here.

Unfortunately the Golurk had disappeared into a door that hadn't been hit by the corruption yet, but strangely the door itself was naturally black in color. Penance stopped as he stared at the door. He knew what was behind it. He took in a deep breath and stepped inside. Once in he saw that the memory was already in full swing. There he was as a Golduck sitting against a wall. He was balled up at that moment, shaking with sobs.

He remembered... the day his ambush went awry for the Gold Tribe. It was the day that his Affiliates were massacred. He realized also that there was information around them. These were his personal quarters... the ones with the maps of all of the tunnels, and there were even lists... lists of those who would take over when he left. Yeah... he had left afterwards, and his list had been complied that day. His hands balled into fists as he quickly glanced around. "Where are you!?" He shouted out angrily.

"Come out right now!" He screamed. It was obvious that he was not in this room, so he quickly ran out of the room into the tunnels. His eyes scanned around, helpless right now to wander where in the expansive tunnels his enemy was now.

Back in Penance's private quarters, something stirred. The wall began to shift, and out from it emerged Blackguard, having used his intangibility to hide himself inside the wall. He snickered as he looked around the room. Penance - the one from the past - sat there, balled up, and clearly not about to do anything other than sob for the moment. Blackguard had to crouch slightly to avoid hitting his head on the ceiling. Examining some papers, he found what appeared to be a list of names. Some names were crossed out, but others were encircled.

"Hehe. Interesting..."

Penance stalked around in the tunnels, his eyes and sense constantly on alert. Since he hadn't been in the other parts of the tunnels that day no one else appeared in them. It seemed to be a ghost town, but with his knowledge of the tunnel system all of the tunnels still appeared, every room the same as before the flooding.

Where was he!? Surely he couldn't be that hard to find. "Come on out!" He shouted. "I'm right here! Come and fight me you coward!"

"Oh," Blackguard put the paper back down, having memorized the five circled names on it. He approached the exit of the room, "Sounds like he's itching for a fight."

Blackguard lifted his foot, and then proceeded to stomp it onto the ground, generating a powerful Earthquake that rocked Penance's mind. The tunnels around Blackguard quickly began to collapse as he advanced, hoping to draw Penance out to his location.

Penance felt the ground shake underneath him, as well as around him. He cried out and ran around the falling rocks, trying his best not to get squished. As the tunnels collapsed blackness was shown where walls once stood. It seemed the memory itself was collapsing in on itself. As he ran back to his private room he stopped as he saw Blackguard. It was only a moment's hesitation before he fired psychic wave after psychic wave at the monstrosity.

Blackguard didn't exactly have much room to dodge the Psychic waves, so he ended up getting hit by them. One struck his shoulder, causing him to be pushed backwards, and another hit his leg, causing him to fall over. However, as more waves came at him, he used a Flamethrower to hide himself, and sent the flames coming at Penance full speed.

After the flames dissipated, Penance would see no more of Blackguard. He had vanished.

Penance gritted his teeth in anger just as the rest of the tunnels collapsed. Penance saw himself back in the room along with Blackguard with the image of the memory having several cracks over it now.

"You... you...." He was too angry for words now, so he just settled for firing more psychic bursts at the invader.

"HAHAHA!" Blackguard now had room to avoid the psychics, but he did end up getting hit by a couple, which sent him flying out of the room. He tumbled down the stairs a bit before he got up and recollected himself, then activated his jets to begin flying upwards once more.

Penance quickly ran out after him and ran up the stairs. He jumped up onto another staircase and passed countless rooms that didn't have the doors on them anymore. He couldn't stop, not now. He could tell that Blackguard was going to his personal room now... the one with information he wanted. He glanced down and smirked. As the Golurk passed by one staircase suddenly several webs shot out and wrapped around him. "Looks like you're kind of caught there!" He shouted back at the large pokemon.

Blackguard tried to get out of the web. He struggled and clambered around, but as soon as he got an arm out of one bind he got it stuck between two more, not to mention the entire thing stuck to him and seemed to close around him, becoming tighter and tighter. Finally, he managed to get one arm free without getting it stuck again, and used a Flamethrower, which instantly set the web on fire. Before long, it had disintegrated, and Blackguard was sent tumbling down. He scrambled in mid air for a moment, before reactivating his jets and rocketing upwards once more.

Penance glanced back, frowning as he saw the giant hurtling toward him yet again. He picked up the pace as he headed down the staircase to the large door that held something rather dear to him. Before he got to the door he paused and looked back at the Golurk. "Come on big guy... show me what you got."

As he said that, Blackguard got to the level at which he stood and launched a couple of Fireballs at Penance to distract him. Thinking, he realized there must have been a reason that Penance chose to stop right where he was. It seemed like he was protecting a door. And that meant it must've been exactly what Blackguard was after.

Without further ado, Blackguard flew full-speed at Penance and the door, firing fireballs as he did.

Penance waited a bit for the Golurk to come and he fell down at the last so that the enemy flew over him. His eyes glittered and as the Golurk past by him Penance snapped his fingers. All at once small wires would fall down and wrap tightly around the Golurk's body. Penance held out his fingers and wiggled them about and the Golurk would find his body being manipulated by the strings.

"This one is quite a doosey. Imagine invading someone's mind, but instead you're the one at their mercy? Want to make others puppets? I think you should feel what it's like!" He pulled at the strings and tugged at his arms to force him to slap himself, "What? Don't like it? Well you force it on others! And I think they don't like it either."

"You're kidding yourself, Penance," Blackguard said as he was held up by the strings. "I don't need to make you a puppet," he pulled back one of his arms down with tremendous force, causing the wire to which it was attached to snap. "You already are a puppet. A pawn of insanity, of chaos!" He pulled with his other arm, managing to free it. Then, pointing both his arms at Penance, he unleashed a Flamethrower that distracted Penance long enough for him to get free completely.

Penance frowned as he tried to have the strings move the Golurk away. Unfortunately even in this regards he was too powerful. The strings were nothing more than a delay and soon flames were poured out at him. He had to step back to avoid the high temperature and called back to him, "I am not a puppet! I am free and always will be! You take other's bodies... you force them to act against their will! Just look at the form you have now! Controlling that Golurk's body like a puppet master, forcing him to move however you see fit!"

He formed some Water Pulses and threw them at the flames to quell them. "Your Sentinels are but helpless before you... pawns of your reign. I won't allow you to enslave any more!"

At this, Blackguard laughed.

"HAHAHAHA! As always, Penance, you have it completely wrong."

Blackguard turned to the door that Penance had been guarding, and touched its handle. "I don't control anyone. I simply... bring out their dark side. Use it as a weapon to use for my own gain. Make it stronger, make it faster, and make it better. Because you see..." Vines extended from his overgrown hand, and they quickly began spreading over the door, turning it black. "Evil has so much more potential. So much more power."

"That is why you cannot stop me Penance. We can stay in here for months, fighting, but eventually the corruption will win, and I will get what I want. Because you refuse to give in... to your true nature."

Penance frowned, "You're... you're as bad as the Gold Tribe..." He shook his head, "They too do the same thing. Make you 'better' to serve their needs. You're just like them!" He accused. "I HATE the Gold Tribe... so theoretically I must hate you too." He readied another psychic surge and threw it at him. "They make others puppets... not able to be individuals anymore, to be FORCED to serve a group cause for the rest of their lives. You just admitted you are the same."

Blackguard almost dodged the surge, but it grazed his side slightly. "Grrr," he grunted. "As usual, wrong. Actually, maybe you're a little right there, Madman. The Gold Tribe bends others to their will to serve a cause which they believe is righteous and just. I, on the other hand, serve no cause. I just bring what comes naturally: chaos. It resides in all of us, but it's hidden very deep in some individuals."

Blackguard held up a finger and pointed it at Penance. "That's not the case with you. Honestly, you call yourself the Madman. How much more obvious can it be? For some reason, though, you just can't accept it." He put down his finger and looked back at the door. The corruption was progressing nicely. "That's why I'm here. To MAKE you accept it."

Penance frowned, "Accept it?" He looked at the door that now puffed into dust. He narrowed his eyes and then held out a hand to hold back the Golurk, "Oh no, that's not your place to see!"

"Hehehe." Before Penance could do anything, Blackguard dove into the room.

Inside, unlike the other rooms, were rows upon rows of memories. In other rooms memories had ben gathered together in sequence, but here every single crystal was smaller. Also to help out was a sign on the wall that indicated this was Penance's 'Planning Room'. Every single plan that the mad man had thought up of was here. With a few images Blackguard could see still frames of a Psyduck, indicating them to be from Penance's early days.

There were a few with a Golduck in them, but some shined golden. In them could be seen a certain Bisharp and other members of the Gold Tribe, possibly indicating plans he had for them later on. But something would catch his eyes. There were several glass panes that showed Silver City itself and maps overlaying it.

Before Blackguard could get further the ground suddenly opened underneath him, dropping him down on the room underneath. A memory began to play showing Penance in the Thieve's forest. It was the ambush that the Sentinels had played on them and from behind several Water Pulses hit into him. The present day Penance smirked at him, "I think I'm about ready to kill you off."

Blackguard turned around swiftly, ready to avoid more Water Pulses if need be. When he locked on to Penance, he fired a couple of Fireballs, and jumped up, using his jets as extra propulsion for a very high jump. He landed right behind Penance, and attacked with an onslaught of Shadow Punches, one after the other, without stopping for anything.

Penance had been waiting for the Golurk to move and so he sent out Water Pulses to counter the fireballs. The steam rose up and for a minute it obscured the Golduck's vision, enough so that the Shadow Punches took him by surprise. He cried out as his back was hit up and down. He tried to stay strong, but in the end he fell to the ground with a few coughs. He slowly began to crawl away from the Golurk, now realizing how tough his enemy was.

"HA! And now he tries to get away," Blackguard chuckled. He approached slowly, pointing an arm at Penance as he did so in case he tried anything. "Or... is this a trick? Knowing you..." Blackguard fired a Dark Beam at Penance. The beam instantly scorched all plant life around it as it shot out at him, ready to steal his life away.

Penance cried out as the beam hit him. The pain grew intense and he clutched at the ground, screaming louder and louder. He felt his will drain and even his ability to stand soon was gone. He could only lie on the ground, groaning as the memory soon faded away to show them back in the room. All around them the corruption had spread and everything was a deep black color. He tried once more to stand, but fell to the ground whimpering a bit in pain. "Go ahead... finish me..." He croaked. "I... I couldn't stop you...."

"Well, that's unfortunate for you. But I don't want to kill you."

Blackguard turned around, leaving the crippled Penance lying on the ground. Without another word, he exited the room and used his jets to fly up a room, finding the corrupted Planning Room right before him.

"Jackpot," he smiled.
Old September 22nd, 2013, 09:47 AM
Xilfer
'twas fun.
Community Supporter

The Blackguard vs. The Madman
Round 4

Penance felt the black marble underneath his body and slowly he got up. He hung his head and panted softly. His vision was a bit wobbly and he had to stagger over to a wall as he felt his balance coming back to him. That beam had taken a lot out of him, but he still had enough left to do what needed to be done. He just had to hope he hadn't been out for too long and that there was still something to protect. He made it out to the hallway and glanced around at all the open rooms. "C-Come out!" He gasped, "I-I ain't done with.... you yet." Penance had to double over and take in some much needed air as sweat dripped down from his head.

Meanwhile, Blackguard stood in the Planning Room, looking around at the various things Penance had prepared. Indeed, his reuptation as the Madman preceeded him. He had planned for every single occassion. Even one such as this. But of course, nothing could have prepared him for Blackguard. What he was about to do next, though, was clear enough.

"Perfect..."

Blackguard exited the room, and made his way down to where Penance lay, barely able to stand up. It was almost pitiful.

"Don't even bother, Penance. I know all your secrets."

Penance glared up at him and tried to stand, but quickly had to grab onto his knees, "N-No... you don't... y-you can't..." He shivered a bit there as he felt oddly cold. "C-Come on... I... I can sti.." Penance had to stop talking as he coughed a bit. He blinked his eyes to readjust his sight. "I..."

"What does it feel like, Penance? Dying? Not so good, I'd wager." Blackguard extended a hand, and grabbed Penance with it as if he were some kind of doll. He lifted the Golduck up until they came face to face. "But I can save you..." he began, "If you'd only... accept it."

Suddenly, dark vines extended from Blackguard's hand and began to creep their way up and down Penance's body, growing thicker and thicker. However, as they did so, life returned to Penance's eyes, and he stopped coughing. Power returned to him.

Penande gasped out as the power was pumped into his body. He gasped and then he looked at Blackguard, "You made a grave mistake." He held up a hand to the Golurk's face and shot out a psychic pulse at point blank range. He freed himself from the grip and landed back on the ground, "You do do ya?" Penance smirked, "Well I'll have to change tactics then. Have to change the plan I had." He grinned wider, "Let's have this last tango, shall we?"

Blackguard was shot back backwards, tumbling over and beginning a rather rough descent down some stairs. He finally landed with a thud against the wall. To his surprise, he felt his face to find that a small chunk had been blown off!

No more games. "RRRRAAAARGH!" He screamed, as he charged at Penance. However, instead of ramming into him, he made a sharp turn into the Planning Room, expecting Penance to follow.

Penance glared after him and ran inside. "You already know of my plans do ya? That's no good here!" He grinned and shot out several psychic pulses that flew through the room shattering the glass images quickly. "I won't let you see anything else though! This entire mind is mine! In fact..." Penance opened his bill and let out a loud Shriek empowered by his psychic energies. The shriek flew out of the room and bounced around in the hallways. It bounced into other rooms and the sound of shattering glass echoed all over.

Penance chuckled at the Golurk, "You're getting nothing else, but now..." He shot out more and more psychic pulses at the Golurk, "I kill you and stop this all!"

The psychic pulses traveled through Penance's mind much faster than they had before, making it much harder to dodge them. Blackguard avoided the first two, but three more hit him in the chest, directly on his seal, creating a small crack on its already broken surface. Blackguard extended his arms, and summoned twin Flamethrowers that hid him from sight. Then, he used one arm to shoot out Fireballs, which came from random areas in the fire and went straight for Penance. Without waiting to see if they had hit, Blackguard used his jets to launch himself out at Penance.

Penance smirked as he held out his hands and created a psychic shield around himself. It quickly caught the flames that were shot at him. As soon as the flames and fireballs were collected Penance formed an entire barrier around them. The jewel on his forehead poured out psychic energy, more than he would usually have. "Hehe! You shouldn't have given me this power!" He said gleefully, "Now, to wipe you out!" As the Golurk charged at him Penance aimed his captured fire and released the top of the barrier letting everything thrown at him fly right at the Golurk.

Blackguard was surprised by the strategy Penance had used against him, and soon he was shot out of the air by his own fireballs, falling to the ground with a large crash. He got back up quickly, shaking off the damage and glaring at Penance angrily. Behind him, though, something stirred in the shadows. A shining red pair of eyes started to form in the shadows, followed by what appeared to be a bill, but soon disappeared once more.

Blackguard stomped his foot on the ground angrily. What may at first have seemed like the start of a temper tantrum soon evolved into a full-blown Earthquake that rocked the entire room, and caused the ceiling to start coming down on the two. Blackguard picked up several pieces of glass that littered the floor with his hands, and swiftly sent them flying at Penance. Expecting another counter-attack, he cloaked himself in flames once again with Flamethrower, and also directed the blast at the rest of the room, setting the floor and the walls on fire and causing the glass on the floor to melt.

Penance quickly raised his hands above his head to put up a large shield that protected him from being crushed. He grinned as the flaming rubble landed on it and around a set perimeter. He gripped the pieces with his powered up psychic powers and threw them some distance away. He then set out a large psychic bubble to protect him from the glass and quickly work his way through the flames.

"This ends now! I'm powerful enough to stop you now!" He narrowed his eyes, "Feel ready to face oblivion." However, behind the Golduck the darkness slowly rose up. As the Golduck put his hands to his gem his eyes glowed a bright blue as he began to build up a powerful psychic attack. As more and more energy was pulled in however the being behind the duck slowly began to take shape. A head began to form and slowly the body began to form as well.

"You ready to die!?" Penance shrieked out at the Golurk.

"Come on, then! If you think you're so powerful!" Blackguard chuckled heartily. "HAHAHAHA! COME ON THEN! HIT ME!" He stood there was the flames erupted around him and the ceiling collapsed onto him, with his arms spread as if he was a target.

"FINISH THIIIISSSSS! LET CHAOS HAVE YOU!"

As Penance continued to power up the attack the figure behind him slowly gained legs and feet. The webbed toes wiggled a bit and now the dark being slowly began to make its way to the Golduck, the bill on its face slowly forming into a smirk as he looked beyond the Golduck at the Golurk and gave a small wink.

Penance built up the attack more and more. "You're dead!" He screamed. He pointed both hands at the Golurk and fired out a large purple psychic ball built up with energy.

The attack hit Blackguard with enormous force, and exploded right on him. The explosion was huge, and sent both combatants flying backwards. The explosion was the final push for the collapsing room, and sent the entire thing falling down onto the two, burying them deep in rubble.

For a few moments, there was nothing but silence. A heavy cloud of dust hung thick over the room, obscuring most of it from sight. An arm crashed out from under the rubble, followed by another, and they pulled up a torso by grabbing some heavy boulders. Rocks slid to the side as Blackguard's form emerged from the rubble, heavily scarred, and with certain chunks missing. Regardless, he was alive, and he stood tall. His red eyes scanned the room, looking for any sign of his opponent.

At that same moment a purple light shined through the rubble and Penance emerged, covered with a psychic box that had protected him. He chuckled as the box disintergrated, "Well, a bit scratched aren't we?" He said with a smug grin. Penance spread his arms, "I'll be fighting you for months in here you know! I'll wear you down piece by piece!"

Unknown to the Golduck, the same black shape that had slowly taken his form appeared behind him, this time the shape was now complete. Every single inch of the corrupted clone looked exactly like the real Penance and the clone grinned evily as he eyed Penance.

Blackguard looked at Penance's body. "You think? Look at yourself."

"You honestly though all I came in here for was information? No, no, no." Blackguard approached him, and at the same time, so did the dark Golduck behind Penance. "Your life has been leading up to this, Penance. Your feelings, your mad emotions are just one big Paradox. Think about it. You despise the Gold Tribe, and yet, you are a part of it, but you do not hate yourself. It stands to reason that if you do not hate yourself, you cannot hate the Gold Tribe... and yet, you do. So much complication, so much confusion. You use your smug, arrogant attitude to cover up who you really are, and who you really will be... a madman."

Blackguard stopped approaching, and stood right over Penance, his giant form casting a dark shadow over the Golduck. "All you needed was a little push."

As it was, Penance's body was covered with the vines of corruption. They had grown dark and thick, and seemed to be turning his blue skin darker and darker. "You've accepted it."

Behind Penance, Chaos extended an arm, using its dark flipper to cover the Golduck's mouth, and using its other arm to grab his chest. Penance's speech became muffled as he struggled, trying to free himself, but he couldn't. Then, slowly, Chaos dragged Penance back into the shadows with him, grinning at Blackguard.

The Golurk made his way out of the ruined room, and gazed up and down. The stairs, the walls, and all the open doors were completely black, vines running along them wildly. Every single door was now gone, and the rooms inside, totally empty apart from the corruption that had taken them over.

"Looks like you win, Penance. You finally win."

As the two faded into the darkness of the mind the scene shifted. Barely a few seconds had passed since Blackguard had worked his way into Penance's mind. The Golduck's eyes snapped open, his red irises a deeper shade of red now. He burst into laughter and slowly rose. As he rose the Golduck's body underwent a quick transformation. His normal blue skin tone shifted to a deep jet black. The muscles on his arms, chest, and legs began to grow a bit and took on a more firm shape. For the finishing touch the color in his eyes shifted so that both eyes now glowed a deep shade of red.

The Golduck glanced down at his body and flexed his biceps, a grin forming on his bill. "Well well, this body ain't half bad with my adjustments." He looked over at Blackguard, grinning all the while, "I shall be now known as... Paradox!" The Golduck burst into mad laughter and looked about eagerly, "Where should we spread some chaos!?"

--------

Back with Zane and the others Lashire slowly began to awaken, groaning softly as he looked about, "Oh... what happened?" He asked out loud as he rose up. The Pawninard looked a bit out of it, but also ready to keep on fighting.
Old September 22nd, 2013, 04:08 PM
SV
It was justified

After another clash between the two Scizors, Sentry doubled back and examined the state of the battlefield. The Alpha Alliance army had pushed forward and turned the tables in the battle. Despite having superior numbers, the Ancients had lost footing, and now they were just about to lose the battle. Shifting his eyes, Sentry then gazed upon the destruction that enveloped the torturehouse. A large chunk was missing, and smoke was rising steadily from the large building. What was more, Sentry couldn't get in any contact with the Deceiver, Rector, and saw no trace of Snype or Levina. Yet this scene before him, of his force losing and his fellow Sentinels falling didn't cause him to panic. In fact, it let out a very contrasting action from the Scizor.

He smiled. And that was because darkness grew still, in other parts of the battle. He scanned the area where a Golduck and a Golurk, if they could even be classified as that species anymore, did battle. Beyond that too...

"I suppose that'll do it," He said, seeming to have no more interest in the battle at hand. He turned to the Swift, and sighed. "I'm afraid I have to cut this battle short...there's much to be done. Oh, but I will see you later, you can be sure of it," And with that, before the Swift had any chance to respond, he was gone. He blurred away, heading toward the two who did battle, towards Blackguard and...Paradox. He stopped in front of them, examining their new forms, before looking on to the battlefield. The Alpha Alliance pushed forward, now taking out the bulk of the Ancient forces. In front of him, the armies of Auron fell, and they fell swiftly. He made no attempt at a friendlier greeting, or even an acknowledgement of the new Paradox. He simply spoke as if they were with him the entire time.

"...the two of you should head to Silver City. The Alpha Alliance has finished off the Ancients, and we need to prepare." Sentry turned as he heard reactions from the Alpha Alliance army as they brought the last of the ancients down around them. They had won the battle. They had taken the battle of the plains. Sentry proceeded forward toward the army, leaving the two new Sentinels on their own to return to the city.

Zane didn't know how much longer he fought after they had successfully gotten the citizens off of the battlefield. It might have been hours, maybe a few there, but it felt longer. Despite the Sentinels seeming to be out of the picture, there were a lot of Ancients to go through. A few questions still occupied his mind, like what was the state of Penance, as he didn't see the Golduck around anywhere anymore, as well as what was going on inside of TrueStriker's mind, as he never got an answer back before they had to rejoin the battle. Zane was also worried a few times upon the battle, feeling large tremors from certain areas, and being unable to see certain of his brothers and sisters for quite a long time now. But he had to focus.

With the General's leadership, and with the Gold Tribe at the head of the hammer, they smashed upon the Ancients, and pushed them back. Soon, after a bloody and gruesome fight, the last of the Kabutops fell, and the last of the Aerodactyls fell from the sky. The Omastars littered the plains, and the Archeops all fell to join them. The Ancients lay dead upon the now-red plains of Valkaria, and the Alpha Alliance armies stood victorious over them. General Belas roared in victory, and the soldiers followed in their commander's footsteps, howling with delight. Zane and the Gold Tribe rose their fists in victory, all the while Zane looked around the battle in search of the others.

He found a few of them, but others were missing. He found no signs of Penance. He didn't see Bane, the Shadow Protector, or Speculum. There were also no signs of his friend Paladin still. General Belas and Hazone stood near the front of the army, close to Zane, exchanging heartfelt embraces of their victory. Their cheery disposition put him a bit at ease, but what he saw next, didn't. Approaching the army was a lone Pokemon, and from what he could make of him, he was recognizable almost right away. The Scizor walked casually the the massive Alpha Alliance army in front of him without a care in the world, or so it seemed to be. It was strange, but whatever he was planning, it couldn't be good.

It was a scene of contrasts, the lone Pokemon approaching the army, yet it was many in the army that were shaken, that were frightened. They didn't understand, and not one dared to attack. Not yet. Sentry approached in front, standing only a few paces away from the Generals and the rest of the Gold Tribe. Then, what followed was silence. A few moments of it, where the Scizor eyed individuals within the army, and the army stared back. Zane's hand tensed, and he felt for a moment that he might strike at him, but before he could give it more thought, the Sentinel spoke.

"I'd like to formally invite the Gold Tribe and their...close associates to Silver City. Lord Auron is expecting you." He said casually, as if they were exchanging pleasantries upon the plains. Generals Hazone and Belas exchanged glances, before the Metagross's voice boomed in.

"Oh, we'll go to Gold City, Sentinel!" He began, gritting his teeth. "And we're bringing the entire might of the Alpha Alliance with us! Your time is at an end!" He yelled, and the Alpha Alliance armies behind, for the first time, seemed to find the courage to give a shattering yell toward Sentry. The Pokemon screamed, yelled, howled, and roared in delight. They felt themselves infused with energy and strength, enough for anything. Or so they believed.

Sentry examined the armies of the Alpha Alliance, looking past the soldiers before his eyes caught with a few of the Gold Tribe Pokemon. The Gallade, the Bisharp, the two Salamence, the Sawk, the Infernape, the Snorlax, the Lilligants, the Zangoose, the Alakazam, the Blissey, and the Scizor. He even eyed the traitorous Sableye and Jolteon. He waited for the cheers of the Alpha Alliance armies to die down, and once more he spoke. "...Oh, I don't think you'll be joining us, General. Neither will your armies. You'll be a bit preoccupied, I imagine," He looked to the left of the armies, staring at something in particular that raced through the skies.

Zane looked over to the skies curiously, wondering what he was staring at. He tried to follow his vision, and from a far distance, could see a long Pokemon, flying in as fast as he could. As he got closer, he noticed that the Pokemon was not flying straight, as if it was wounded or something. He got closer, and Zane found it to be a Staravia, one he briefly recalled in Eternity City.

Will Sky flew as fast as he could with a damaged wing and the bruises that existed across his body. He spotted the army, positioned not too far from the city, and flew down. Taking a dive, he couldn't pull his wing fast enough and crashed right in front of the army. He struggled to get up and approach the generals. He began muttering some things, and some Pokemon around approached and tried to see if he was alright. The Generals went by him, as did the Healer check on his injuires. Zane ran over as well, eyeing the Scizor suspiciously.

"Are you alright, son?" General Belas asked, while the Pokemon tried to catch its breath. "Calm down, take a deep breath. What is going on?"

The Staravia tried to calm down, but failed, taking heavy breathes while trying to have the words come out. "E-eternity City. I-I-I was in Eternity, and I went for help to Albia. B-but..."

"Calm down, soldier! Just let it out, what's happened!?" General Belas boomed, which did nothing to calm him. But the Staravia seemed to have enough in him to finally burst it out.

"W-we're under attack General!" He yelled, to the surprise of the Generals and to Zane. "Eternity City...the Ancients they came, came in the darkness and they struck! I got out and tried to get aid from Albia...but...but...it's the same there! And in Shine City! And in Gravel! And in Cape City! Valkaria is under attack again, sir!"

"WHAT!?" General Belas yelled. He couldn't believe what he had just heard. Zane thought he felt a lump in his throat. As if someone had just struck him by lightning and he was paralyzed, both to speak and think, and to move. He couldn't believe it. He just couldn't. He couldn't picture once more as the cities they fought so vigorously to take were shrouded in chaos once more.

In all their surprise and shock, they had almost forgotten the Scizor who stood before them, but he reminded them as he spoke. "Of course, you can all come and try to demand Auron's head, but then you'll leave the citizens of Valkaria to the brutality of the Ancients in the meantime. Conversely, the Gold Tribe too can come with you to help in your battles, but by the time you would have arrived, we would likely have taken all of your cities back, and Silver City would be once more brimming with Ancients. All your effort to try and stop Auron will have been for nothing."

Sentry turned, preparing to leave. The soldiers around began to chatter and murmur. Many held looks of astonishment, sadness, and anger. Many couldn't believe what was happening. All their work over the past months was being unraveled. "Your choice. Lord Auron awaits. I wouldn't keep him waiting." And with that, the Scizor rapidly sped away, just as General Belas launched a Psychic at him to try and harm him in his anger. He was too slow, and the Scizor escaped unscathed.

"ARCEUS DAMN IT!" Belas yelled at the top of his lungs, smashing his leg into the ground and causing cracks to form around. He fell to the ground in disbelief. Hazone in the meantime stared off into the distance, unable to grasp what had just happened. Zane fell to the ground. He already felt as if they were defeated. As if all of their work, all the sacrifices they had made along the way, as if all of it was for nothing. Belas continued to strike at the ground. But he suddenly stopped as the wrinkly hand of the Keeper met the shoulder of the Metagross.

"General, there is still a chance. We can still stop all of this," He said, his voice strangely stern, but also calm despite the news. Belas breathed heavily. "The armies of Valkaria can stop the Ancient's advance, or at least hold them off until the Gold Tribe shall defeat the wielder. But they cannot march without you two Generals to lead them! You must press on!"

Belas continued to breath heavily. Hazone looked over to the Keeper. "We won't even be able to reach the cities in time! Eternity is one thing, maybe we can march and help there. But Albia? Shine City? Gravel City? Eternity City? They're too far away. By the time we reach there..."

"Trouble yourself not, General. There may be a way I could teleport your armies to the cities. It would...take quite a bit of my mental process, as well as the assistance from the all Psychic Pokemon within the area, but I could do it, though I would be unable to assist in the final battle with the Gold Tribe."

General Belas looked over to the Keeper, then exchanged glances with Hazone. "You must handle the defenses of the cities. All you can do, the only thing you can do, is believe that the younger warriors can stop what is to come."

General Belas suddenly snapped up. He seemed to be a Pokemon on a mission. He turned to the Staravia, who was getting medical attention from the Healer. "What's the situation in each of the cities?" He asked sternly, expecting a quick answer. Will Sky had calmed down enough to give much fast answers.

"Eternity City was hit first, from what I know. They're getting hit hard and if we don't hurry, they'll breach the wall soon. Albia, Shine City and Gravel City have a lot coming at them too. We repaired one of the watchtowers on Albia earlier, but they're still getting hit pretty hard. Cape City is taking the worst of it. I don't know how long they'll hold, but its invasion was the most recent."

Taking all of this into consideration, Belas began exchanging ideas with Hazone among themselves, before they quickly came up with a plan. He turned to Zane and the others of the Gold Tribe. "We'll split the armies into four sections to be teleported out," Hazone began to say to Zane. "I will go to Eternity City and Poseida and try to hold with my section of the army. General Belas will go to Cape City. We'll send the third section under Commander Riken toward Gravel and Shine City together, and the fourth section will go to Albia."

General Belas chimed in now. "Thieves will probably go help in Albia too. They have some sympathies there, I imagine. Though maybe a few will tag along with you to Gold City. But...dividing our forces like this means that we won't be able to win in any section. The only thing we can do...is hold them off for as long as we can. That's all this is, Vigil. A delaying tactic. A delaying tactic for you and your brothers and sisters...to give you chance to end this all."

General Belas turned and began giving the orders for the armies to divide into the four seperate sections, while the Psychic Pokemon around surrounded the Keeper as he prepared to mass-teleport the armies away from Silver City. General Hazone turned to the Gold Tribe now. "We won't have another chance at this. We can't recover enough to do this all again. If you don't succeed. If the Ancients take our cities and you fail...that'll be the end of it."

Zane eyed the General grimmly, then nodded. Hazone sighed, extending his arm to the golden Bisharp, who took it immediately. "It's been a pleasure to fight alongside you," He told Zane, then turned to the other Gold Tribe members. "All of you,"

General Belas had finished dividing the armies, now being in four separate sections. He went over to Zane, who thought he would also give him a handshake, and he prepared by extending his arm, but was surprised as the General went in for a tight embrace, squeezing him tightly. Zane was caught off by this, but quickly returned the embrace. It was a strange thing. Belas was never a Gold Tribe member, yet he felt as close to him as one of his own brothers. "Good luck to you, Vigil," He said in the embrace, then to the rest of the Gold Tribe. "Arceus protect you all. And knock Auron the hell out for me!"

Guardia grinned, nodding in response. "We'll get it done, I promise!" Zane knew she was putting on a brave face, as he could hear the slight crack in her voice. Having known her for so long, he could usually tell with these slight things.

"Yeah, well if you don't, I suppose we'll see each other in the afterlife. If that's the case, drinks are on me!" Belas boomed. Zane weakly smiled back, and as the Keeper and all Psychics present concentrated, the large armies disappeared in brilliant flash, leaving the remaining Pokemon standing around among the field of Ancient bodies. As he saw those who remained, he noticed that it was true that faces were missing. If they weren't among the army, and they weren't here, Zane had a feeling he knew their fates. But he had to be sure. Before they proceeded to face Auron, they needed everyone.

He turned to TrueStriker beside him, wondering if he was still acting strangely as before for only a moment. "Hey, do you think you can sense where the others are? They're not here...Speculum, Bane, Shadow Protector, and Penance..."

As he asked this, he began to walk forward, Silver City in their sights, with the fate of Valkaria resting on their shoulders.

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here