The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner

Notices

Roleplay Corner The realm where writers gather to create glorious tales or silly drama together and chronicle their adventures. Start or join roleplays featuring Pokémon, other franchises or something completely original!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old September 23rd, 2013, 03:48 PM
Typh

Accatosh "Blitzkrieg" Corronis

The battle that happened was rough but from what would be seen they had come out on top, Accatosh looked through the crowed of pokemon listening to Sentry invite the gold tribe to Gold City... and the report on the attacks on the other cities, Accatosh ran some mental head counts, most of the group was there but the Shadow protector was gone, as were a few others and Penance.

Accatosh took off without warning to the sky and flew around searching for Allora and the others. he searched the remains of the torture house for any sign of them, Accatosh searched underneath any rubble that he could move untill he found Allora's body. Accatosh was saddened by this and angered, however he needed to morn later, he gently lifted her battered body in his jaw and held it secure in his mouth, then he flew back to the group

When he got back to the group instead of landing directly he circled three times over their heads then landed near the other gold tribe members, "Vigil," he called after he had gently placed the body on the ground and forced a clearing to open up, "Allora's dead... the others I'm not so sure of..." he choked overcome with sadness, tears flowed from his eyes, he bowed his head low enough for his snout to touch the ground then let out a pained roar, as a send off.

For a while he just sat there saddened. then, he stood, cleared his eyes, and stood tall, "this has gone to far, long enough... this ends now!" the anger and determination in his voice was clear, nobody was going to cause any more suffering ever again.
Old September 24th, 2013, 01:19 PM
Garet
GhostFire

Hanso, Paradox, a Few Others, and an Alarming Discovery
~~~~~

Paradox flexed a bit more and felt an need to try out this new body of his. He wanted to see how far his powered up psychic techniques could go. He wanted to see if he could lift skyscrapers, invade a thousand minds at once, or even reach out and with a single flick of his claws cause dozens of hearts to explode all at once. He never got a chance to relish that however. He recognized in a way the Scizor that appeared to them. Sentry... although he didn't have a personal link to this one's mind he could feel the Ancients swarm around them. Ancients were almost everywhere. It was funny in a way.

Sentry stated that they should head over to Silver City. Penance smirked and grabbed onto Blackguard, "Shall we?" With that the Golduck performed a new move that had been imparted onto him. In a blink of an eye he Teleported with the Golurk all the way to the city. The two reappeared in the streets. There was silence all around them. There were no ancients on patrol... no Sentinels moving about... all there was were beings he could sense in their homes, cowering behind locked doors and barred windows. Yet... he could feel it as well. The darkness around them. He could feel these citizens getting closer and closer to understanding. The corruption was slow on them right now... but it was working its way though their systems.

He took in a deep breath of air and walked on over to a nearby park. He raised out a hand and smirked as he used a Water Bomb. In what would have normally taken weak Penance some time to form the Water Pulse, infuse it with enegery, and then launch it, it took Paradox only a brief second to fill the ball with a huge amount of energy. As it hit into the trees the whole area exploded outwards. Tree were uprooted and flew out to slam into buildings. Various benches flew high into the air and fell down on rooftops... it was a success.

The Golduck flexed a bit and then burst into laughter, "Ah yes. I can't wait to see how my other attacks fair... but for now." He turned his glowing red eyes to Blackguard, "We need to plan."

---------------

Lashire was silent though the whole conversation going on. Everywhere was hit? No... that coudln't be right! They had just left Cape! The Affiliates would protect it, he knew that much. The other cities he wasn't so sure about now. And now a dragon came down with a battered body. Though now, he had to talk to Zane more than ever.

Lashire glanced over at Zane and made his way over to the Bisharp. Slowly he bowed his head and spoke up, "Mr. Zane. I need a word with you. I... I need to inform you of something very important." He looked back up. "I know Penance wanted to keep it a secret, but it's too important right now to not tell you. Penance laid psychics in each and every city a week ago. He created a psychic network if you will. One of his secondary concerns was that the cities would be overtaken again with most of the army on the move. Have you ever playing tabletop strategy games? It's a simple strategy. Wait for an opponent's army to move, let them get smug, then attack their weaker cities with an army you've been hiding. For the soldiers that get there, they need to connect with Penance's psychcis. From there they'll be able to hear everything going on in the other cities. It is but a suggesstion sir."

"Hey, do you think you can sense where the others are? They're not here...Speculum, Bane, Shadow Protector, and Penance..." That was what Zane had asked him.

"No worries, Goldie-boy," Varren answered, still in control of the Gallade's body, "Lover-boy and his girlfriend are on it."

"She's not my girlfriend," Hanso interjected flatly.

Genevieve had not moved since Sentry's announcement. Upon hearing the names Zane uttered, she turned her head in his direction. "I'm afraid those first three are dead." Her voice was cold; Genevieve hadn't lightened up to anyone since remembering her previous place in the war. "Killed by a single Sentinel. As for Penance, we have not determined yet where he is." To add evidence Blitzkreig flew down and had Shadow Protector's body with him, but what was important now was to find Penance.

It was Hanso first whose scan reached into Silver City. The Golduck's mind had disappeared from the list of those elites whom Genevieve had been keeping track of, some time after they'd left the torturehouse. Hanso was somehow able to not focus on his frustration at the renewed invasion. His mind came closer, closer...

Paradox was about to lay down the plan he had in his mind when suddenly something caught his attention. Something... was coming. A smirk formed on his bill and he let out a light chuckle. "Hold up for a bit Blackguard. I have a... guest to entertain."

His red eyes glittered and he closed them but for a few seconds... in that moment he felt the opposing mind hit him and a sense of familiarity hit Penance as well. The Golduck knew this invader, that meant he could very well be Gold Tribe. He waited for the mind to try and connect fully and at that moment he tightened the noose. With that first step into his corrupted mind Paradox sealed the door shut behind whoever had stepped in. Whoever this mind belonged to would no doubt end up collapsing on the spot he stood. A body needed a mind to pilot it after all!

As he felt the presence he realized who this was. Back when he had been birthed from Blackguard, the Golurk had seen this Gallade before, in the Gold Tribe. In Penance's memories that the Golurk had seen this Gallade was also in the thieves forest during the ambush. Amusing... a friend coming to look for dear old Penance. Not only that, but Penance had many... interesting memories of this Gallade as well.

Right before Hanso's eyes would appear a large wooden door. Grass and dirt appeared underneath him and all around were grasslands that led to nowhere.

At first the Gallade had begun following Zane and the others as they moved toward Silver City. Then his eyes widened suddenly. "Whoa." Varren fell to his knees, hands on the sides of his head as something akin to a headache assailed him. "Something ain't right here."

Hanso couldn't agree more, even though he couldn't feel his body or hear Varren anymore. One moment, he'd found the Golduck's mind and had just connected in order to ask what happened. The next, here he was. "...This is too similar to be a coincidence," Hanso muttered, staring up at the wooden door before looking around to check for anyone or anything else.

There was no one around. In fact, his only companion right now was a light breeze that blew through the grasslands. Almost in regards to his words the door slowly creaked open. In the small crack he would see through, there would be no light. There were no shapes moving either, so it shouldn't be that frightening for brave Hanso to enter... no?

That, or he would be curious or reckless enough to enter anyway. The Gallade slowly stepped forward until his hands met the door and pushed it further open. Hanso remained in the doorway as he prepared his mental defenses, waiting to see if anything more would happen.

As soon as he pushed open the door the entire room lit up. He would see that the door led into a hallway that had several old styled candles lit upon the walls. Hanso would be able to see all the way up to the end of the hallway and right there was a white door. A white door with a black handle on it.

Something had happened to Penance, or he wouldn't be messing with Hanso like this. He took a few moments to observe the hallway, a black ball forming in one hand. "Let's see what happens," Hanso muttered, drawing his hand back and rolling the large ball down the hallway.

As the ball rolled down... nothing shot out. No traps sprung out... no laughter echoed out. Finally the ball hit the door and just glowed there for a bit. No reaction to the presence of mere energy. Hanso rolled his eyes; he'd have to spring whatever traps there were by going in himself. The Gallade began walking down the hallway, alert for anything.

As he moved down the candles went out behind him, one by one, always waiting for him to pass. Even though the candles shut off he could still see that the door behind him was wide open and spilled light into the hallway from behind. Even when he got up right to the door, nothing happened. All he would have to do now is see what was behind this door. Hanso's eyes still saw better in the dark than he originally had. He turned his attention to the previous door, wondering if it would close on him. Then again, that was more or less away from Penance's mind. The Gallade took a step back and used his mind to turn the handle and open the door before him.

Once the door opened he could see that the room was some sort of dining room. There was a table decorated with all sorts of foods and two chairs were there... but none of them were sat on. There was still no sign of the Golduck, but Hanso could see another door on the other end of this room.

It was what Hanso would have expected Penance to set up. Or someone of a similar mind; Varren had set up a ball-room, for one thing. The Gallade took a step inside the door and looked around the room again. There had to be something he wouldn't immediately see.

As soon as he stepped inside, the very thing he had prepared for so much happened. The floor under him pushed down and the Gallade would hear a clicking noise. Instantly black strings shot down and stabbed deep into his skin in less than a second. The strings dug deep into his joints, attaching to his muscles and digging right into his bones no doubt causing a mass of pain. The only area not hit was his head, but that was not the end. All at once the black strings pulled at his limbs and despite the pain they forced him to walk to the table and sit down on the closest chair. The Gallade would find himself putting his arms down on the armrests with his feet planted firmly on the floor.

As the strings shot down into him, Hanso immediately fired quick psychic cuts at them, only to growl in pain. The strings absorbed the attack, leaving him to watch as his 'body' acted against his will. This was in a way even worse than Varren controlling his physical body! Wincing as his arms and legs planted themselves, Hanso formed blades of dark energy to slice at the strings and free himself.

As he tried to slice at them, a headache would ring in his mind as he suddenly found himself unable to remember how to use his dark energy.

"Disable... a wonderful move in my opinion." A familar voice said. Out from the darkness in the room came out a familiar Golduck, except he was different. He was far more muscular, his body was jet black, and his eyes glowed an ominous red tone. He made his way to the open chair and sat down. "Hello there Hanso... a nice name I say." The Golduck held out his hand and the Gallade would find his own hand moving out, the strings attached to his fingers forcing him to shake the Golduck's.

The Golduck leaned back, "I haven't met you proper though. The name is... Paradox."

Hanso's teeth gritted against the pain of his hand's movement. He wouldn't be able to use his power for a while now, and the psychic attack had done nothing for him. Until he found a way out of the strings and back to his body, he was stuck. "Paradox. Not Penance." Hanso considered the possibilities of what could have happened, then let out a frustrated sigh. "On the opposite side now, are you?"

Paradox shook his head, "No. I am not Penance. This is Penance." Besides the Golduck shadows opened up. Inside them was the Golduck Hanso knew. Multiple dark tendrils were wrapped tightly around him and some even snapped his bill shut. The Golduck looked up shakily, pure fear in his eyes. As he recognized Hanso though the shadows quickly swallowed him up again.

"Ah, but he did give me this great body. Of course I altered it to suit me a bit more." Paradox crossed his arms with a smirk. "For your knowledge, I am a being from the Silver Crystal... well part of him." He chuckled softly. "Penance is my latest host now. Hehe, in a way a puppet to Chaos. Just like you will be soon." He stood up and Hanso found the strings pulling at him, forcing him to stand as well. "Come." He made his way to the door and opened it up. It led to a very large room and as Paradox walked the puppeted Gallade was helpless to follow.

Paradox stopped and spread his arms, "Look around Hanso. Penance's mind is wiped clean. A slate for me to use as I wish." He glanced back at the Gallade with a smirk. "I have multiple rooms now. In fact... I could keep you as a guest for quite some time. You see... we'll need some help. You have quite a load of psychic energies." He snapped his fingers and suddenly Hanso would feel the strings on his body piercing in deeper and a surge of psychic energy being sucked out. "Energy.. that I can use. You get it yet?"

A groan escaped Hanso's mouth as he felt his energy leave. "Right, keep me here until I'm either drained or corrupted." What more was going to happen today?! From the looks of it, there was yet another Sentinel, though this one was different from the originals. And yet another was on the way, if Hanso didn't find a way out.

This was all in the mind; maybe... He tried simply imagining the strings letting him go, putting mental effort behind it. "And you're gonna go on extrapolating and all, if you're anything like Penance."

Paradox smirked and closed his eyes as the strings gave an extremely painful shock to the Gallade. "This is MY mind after all Hanso. I know every single little thing you're thinking." A door appeared in the room suddenly. "That door... leads to your mind even. Of course Varren's I can't see. You're not connected to him." He walked up to it and Hanso found himself following. "I wonder... if I wiped it all out... and planted a seed in it... would you beg me not to?" He cast a glance back at the Gallade with a twinkle in his eyes. "So warrior, how far will you go to prevent being corrupted?"

Hanso returned Paradox's glance with a glare. He had walked right into a trap...well, that thought had come across his mind earlier, but how to get out of it was circling around in his mind since then. "Obviously, I don't want it to happen. One more Sentinel for the others to deal with. Or...whatever you call yourself. What, you waiting for me to pledge allegiance of my own will or something?"

Paradox chuckled and walked around the Gallade, letting his claws idly flick along the strings that held him. "Oh no. I know you would never do that." His eyes glittered a bit more, "I want you to hand out a message. Think you can do that?"

"Only with a channel back," Hanso retorted, his head turning as far as it could to follow the Golduck.

Paradox smirked wide at that, "Ooooh, that could be a tough pickle... but I suppose I could try it." He leaned in close, "Make sure you get this down Hanso... I'm sure little Lashire will put two and two together. Hehe. Get ready." He leaned in closer to whisper into Hanso's ear. "I'm... still... connected." His eyes glittered and he pulled back, "You got that?"

Hanso kept his thoughts blank of all but the three words, repeating round and round in his head. "Got it. Releasing me, or just opening a channel, or what?"

Paradox smirked as the strings suddenly contracted, digging in real deep and sucking out a huge amount of energy from the Gallade before pulling out and letting him fall. Paradox caught him and grinned at him, "Let them know Hanso. Oh, and they have five hours or I'll do it." The door behind them suddenly burst open as a great wind blew out. It didn't affect Paradox in the least, but the Gallade would find himself being sucked out of the room... and right back into his own mind. Everything that had happened though... had only happened within the span of five seconds he would quickly find out.

The Gallade's body, though Varren had shakily gotten to his feet in those five seconds, suddenly rocked backward onto the ground as Hanso returned. "Whoa there, mister, what's the rush?" Varren asked, his grin gone.

"They've got Penance," Hanso immediately relayed to all of the other elites, closing off all other mental connections. "They bloody, **** corrupted Penance!" If it wasn't for the energy drain, he would have gone on to call Paradox and the Silver Crystal's prisoner several strong names.

Varren whistled, eyebrows raised. "Rather strong, comin' from you. So what if they have him?"

"He's a planner. He's the planner. His plans have plans. If that encounter was any indication, so is that **** Paradox. He gave me a message for everyone, especially Lashire." A second passed before Hanso spoke again to the other elites. "It's, 'I'm still connected.' And, Paradox sucked a lot of my energy before letting me go. He also said they, or we, have five hours or he'll do it."

Genevieve, who had stopped in the first place when the Gallade had first doubled over, felt rattled. Why would this Paradox let Hanso go without trying to corrupt him? Or would he? "And, do you plan on doing something about this?"

"**** right, I am." Hanso didn't show it, especially as Varren was the one who stood back up and brushed himself off, but...for more than one reason, he was scared.

Lashire stopped at those words though. "Connected!?" He asked, his eyes going wide. "No... no!" He screamed out. The Pawniard began to pace in place, "Oh **** this isn't good! This isn't ******* good!" He paced more and more and bit down on one of his claws. "P-Penance had a plan... he-he..." The Pawniard began to sweat as he took in deep gasping breaths and doubled over, almost looking like he was going to faint.

"Hey, snap out of it, would ya?" Varren stepped over and pulled Lashire's head back up. "What plan would this be that's so bad?"

"Connected...oh--" This time, Hanso did let out several swear words in regard to Paradox.

Lashire looked up at the possessed Gallade in fear. "P-Penance had a plan. He did some thinking about the Gold Crystal... he saw that it could react to peaceful feelings and feelings of general well-being. He sent his psychics to each city... to talk to the inhabitants. They didn't say they were Affiliates, but explained that to help the Gold Tribe in the final battle... the inhabitants were to connect their minds to the psychics. It was a surprsie on Penance's part, something to hit Auron with when he encountered him. He would connect Zane to the links and all of those positive thoughts would be shot to him to power up the crystal. Now... now everyone is connected!"

The Pawniard flailed his arms, "Every single citizen that was convinced would be connected in the web! If he... if he sends the corruption to the psychics, the psychics in turn send that corruption to everyone they are connected to! It means that in one fell swoop... all... all of the cities..." Lashire paused, "It'll all be gone."

"Oohhh..." Varren had the audacity to grin. "Now that is some **** good planning on his part."

"Oh, shut it," Hanso said wearily. Inside his head, where the others couldn't hear, he added, I need you to share energy with me, if you don't want to hamper all of us. I need to make a connection. Varren clicked his tongue in disagreement, but relented all the same. Hanso immediately began reaching out toward Cape City with his telepathy. It would take a few minutes, but he had to find her now.

"So, in the meantime." Varren clapped his hands together as he looked at those who had stopped to watch the show. "Shall we move on?"

Meanwhile Paradox smirked to himself. "Well... will they speed up and throw caution to the wind? Or will we spread the corruption?" He chuckled and looked over at Blackguard, "I think... we shall ensure that one stays alive. He's too much fun in all honesty. But for now, I just need to ask Him a few questions..."
Old September 24th, 2013, 02:03 PM
Xilfer
Control.
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
Blackguard
Silver City

Soon enough, Blackguard and his latest creation, Paradox, found themselves back in Silver City. Blackguard looked around; it seemed they were alone for now, while all of those pathetic worms were still at the torturehouse. They would all be crushed soon enough, Blackguard thought. Stretching his arms a bit, he reached for his temples and rubbed them, trying to relax his brain. The mental battle had taken quite a toll on him, at least for a little while, but it was all worth it. Blackguard watched as Paradox quickly got to work.

Five seconds later, Paradox's eyes snapped open. Blackguard presumed that everything had gone according to plan, as the Golduck had a large grin plastered on his bill.

"Do what you want with the Gold Tribesman, Paradox. We only need the other."

Blackguard switched into flying position, readying his jets.

"You know what to do. Meanwhile, I have some other business to attend to. Try not to have too much fun without me?"

Without another word, he rocketed away into the sky. From the ground, some Pokemon would be able to see a large, dark figure with a trail of smoke behind him flying away from Silver City, towards the mountains...
Old September 24th, 2013, 02:44 PM
SV
Moshi Moshi?

Nature: Relaxed
Plains of Valkaria - En route to Silver City

TrueStriker, or rather the 'other' in control of his body announced he would go check on them, but Blitzkrieg was quick to announce the demise of Allora, the Shadow Protector. Genevieve confirmed it, and also told them of the deaths of the others that Zane mentioned. He didn't know why he was surprised. When he saw that they weren't present, he had already suspected as much, but as the leader, he supposed he just had to confirm, just to be sure. It was a sad thing, for them to fall when they were so close to their goal, when they were so close to Gold City. Though he doubted it, he hoped the comfort of the city they loved in their sites helped them in their passing. He silently vowed to give them their proper burial in the golden gates of Gold City's cemetery.

Zane walked over and helped the Keeper up, who was having trouble walking from the mental strain he had placed on his mind with the mass teleporation. Zane was still somewhat surprised he was able to pull off something like that on such a massive scale. Thankfully they had brought him along from the catacombs after all. "Are you alright?" He asked the old Alakazam.

"Mmm..." He nodded his head, smiling at the Bisharp which helped him. "I am fine, young one. Just...a bit tired. I am not young as I once was...it may be that I might have to sit out your confrontation with the wielder before I will assist."

"Assist in what, exactly?" He inquired, still unsure what the Keeper had planned. The Alakazam only smiled at Zane.

"Why, assist in our plan, young one. If this is how it must be, then we will use this other way. But you must prepare yourself. Much will be expected of you, beyond anything ever before. You must be ready,"

Zane expected he wouldn't get the cryptic message of the Keeper before the time was right. Whether that was how he was, or simply just a method to keep them prepared for the first of their struggles, he wouldn't know. It did clear Zane's head enough to know what must be done now. Suddenly, Hanso tripped on the ground, for a moment, muttering something about something not being right. Zane walked over to him as he remained on the ground, but he was only there for a few moments. When he rose again, TrueStriker communicated news that he didn't want to hear.

"...Penance? No..." That was all that came out of his mouth. It was as Hanso relayed in their minds. Penance was their planner. It would have been one thing for him to die. But to be turned? To be corrupted? That was a worse fate. And it was bad news for the Gold Tribe. Still, what could be done about it now?

Yet to make matters even worse, TrueStriker relayed a message to Lashire, who instantly was able to interpret it, and it was even more bad news. With everyone connected, it meant that the corruption could spread all throughout the cities. Zane could only shake his head in amazement as he saw how the best of their plans, of their possibilities, was turned into their worst fears.

But really, what more could be said now? It was piling up more troubles and more weight on their already heavy shoulders. The armies had left to defend the cities as best as they could. Now, they were fighting not only for the citizens' livelihood, but also their freedom, their minds. He silently looked upon the others, Pokemon he had fought with and bled with, some since the very beginning. They were the best Valkaria had to offer, the best chance for the Alpha Alliance. They had come a long way to get to this point, to get to a point where they had a chance. And it might very well be their only chance. After it, they would likely not get another. If he was truly going to lead them to this end, if he truly was going to put the burden of Valkaria on their shoulders, if this truly was going to be the end of them, of the Gold Tribe, then he was going to lead them with their heads held high.

Zane "Vigil" Tyrael shook his head. "This changes nothing," He began, looking over all of them. He had a fiery determination in his eyes, one he had not had for a long time. Was it blindness now, which gave him this look, or was it clarity? "Whether it's by death, corruption, or enslavement, Valkaria is in our hands one way or another. I don't have to tell you that. You all know that," He turned around, examining the Silver City, which was right in front of them now. The city had the damage of past battles inside of it, and fresh ones which only recently began. It was a surreal experience, being back where it all began, or perhaps where it all began to end. He continued to talk to the others.

"But I will tell you one thing...Rey had us retreat from the final battle months ago, to live to fight another day. This time...I'm not leaving," He said sternly, as he took the first steps into the city, into their city.

"One way or another...it ends."

Paired with the Epic Raikiri
Old September 26th, 2013, 01:11 PM
Greiger
A mad mind... hehe

Nature: Serious
Paradox

Paradox frowned a bit as he talked to the Dark One. At first, he had been a bit elated. The answer he got first was very good. It was just what he would have thought of. The second question... was more along a bit of a mixed bag. On the one hand he knew a part of the plan would go very smoothly. That one part was in the bag easily... on the other he was also anxious in a way. There was an element that stood out... that he had no control over. Paradox knew such feelings were only the result of taking over this host, but still, he understood clearly now why his host would act this way.

Penance always wanted control, and although Paradox was fine with letting the Dark One formulate his own plans, he also felt a bit left out. The Dark One was specifically leaving a piece out from him, but he would go for it for now. It meant it was one less thing for him to try and plan with. Finally the rest of his questions were answered thankfully with positive results. He closed his eyes and sent Blackguard the plan he had formulated, knowing that he would be alright with it.

Chaos... that was what they were all after, and so he had one thing to do. Paradox made his way deep into the city, casting his eyes here and there as he connected a bit with the minds of those he passed. Paradox paused in front of one building and glanced toward the window. A smirk formed over his face and he held out a hand, his psychic pulse shot out and tore the door to pieces. He made his way in as the residents inside cowered. There was a Oddish and Gloom huddled in a corner, a Raticate that shivered against a wall... and finally what he sought.

The black Golduck stopped in front of the shivering Sandslash. "N-No! Don't! Please!" The Sandslash cried out in pure terror. Just seeing a Sentinel so close was making the young male so fearful that he actually started to cry. Paradox smirked and planed a hand on his forehead, "Do not fear anymore... your only objective now is to embrace Chaos!" His red eyes shined down on the Sandslash and the ground type's eyes suddenly widened and his pupils dilated. He opened his mouth, but nothing came out. The two stayed like this for a few seconds before Paradox took his hand off of him.

Instantly a black aura shined around the Sandslash and he let out a loud cry. His once brown eyes now shined red, his body gained more muscle, his quills lengthened and even grew sharper, his claws on his hands and feet grew longer, and finally his normally brown body became a jet black. The Sandslash hung his head for a while and looked up with a smirk, "Ah... it feels good... this vessel..." The Sandslash raised a claw and experimentally wiggled them about. "I am... hm..." The Sandslash cocked his head as he thought up a name, "Aha! I shall be known as Ironhide!"

Paradox smirked. This was in a way all thanks to Hanso and his generous gift. Normally it would have taken far more energy to spread a seed of Chaos... but the pokemon here were a special case. Not only had they been slowly corrupted by the Silvery Crystal, but unknown to them, each of them carried a seed of Chaos, ready to burst open, all it needed was a little push.

Paradox glanced at the terrified residents of the room, "You can do with them however you wish. After that though, head down into the ground. We will make a little trap for the Gold Tribe." The Golduck left the house as he heard the screams of the last residents inside echo though the abandoned street.

Still... he had a half of Hanso's energy left. He didn't want to afford to use his own energy in case he would need everything he had. Hm... what species to choose? He slowly walked along the town, glancing around as he felt out with his mind. He stopped at an intersection and smriked as he felt Ironhide's presence moving under the earth. Perfect.

He walked around a bit more, then grinned at a house. From the look of it, it seemed the Ancients had gone in and killed everyone inside. He idly walked among th dead bodies, stopping at the carrpet. He flicked a finger and the carpet moved out of the way to reveal a hidden door. He opened it up and jumped on down, smirking when he saw the dug out tunnel. "Hoping to escape were they?" He mused to himself.

He made his way down the small tunnel and turned a corner. There were a few pokemon there trying their best to break through the rocks. He coughed a bit and every single head turned, "OH SHI-" The Graveler didn't get a chance to finish as Paradox reached out with a telekinetic hold and shattered his body. That was the signal for the others to start shooting out attacks. Paradox just held up a psychic shield, letting it absorb all of the attacks and cocked his head, "You all quite done? I am only here for one of you anyway, I won't hurt any of the others."

He smirked as he laid eyes on the Garchomp there. "You." He pointed to the dragon, "Come or your friends will die one by one." The dragon glanced around nervously and slowly made hsi way over. "We're not afraid of you." He growled at the Golduck.

In turn Paradox smiled, "You shouldn't be." He held out a hand and the Garchomp's eyes widened. He fell to the ground and let out a loud roar of pain as Paradox traveled along his mind. Again it was only a few seconds before the Garchomp laid his head forward. Just like with the Sandslash his skin turned a deep jet black. HIs eyes began to glow a bright red and his body gained a load of muscle mass. He rose and let out a loud roar that shook the cavern. "I... I AM REAPER!"

Paradox smiled as the last of Hanso's stolen energy was now gone. "Good. So Reaper would you mind taking care of those insects? Afterwards you can fly up and perch on top of a building. I know you want to spread Chaos, but the best way right now... is to wait for the perfect moment, but for now have fun."

The corrupted dragon didn't have to be told twice and as Paradox began to turn he saw a piece of an arm fly past him. He just chuckled to himself and headed back up. As he got of the house the whole building collapsed behind him as the dragon flew up high into the sky and toward a building a bit of a distance away from where Auron was. Surprise was key to all of this. Paradox reached out to connect all four minds, Oh Blackguard... welcome our new allies.

By this time Paradox had begun making his way to where Auron was... but waiting back a bit in an abandoned building. He would see how Auron faired and he had three allies now to aid him in defending the Silver Crystal. The more the merrier.
Old September 26th, 2013, 01:50 PM
Megaman765
Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
Snype and Levina kept silent as they tried to get everything in their head. Just when he thought he was winning, the Silver Tribe had pulled another trick up their sleeve. The other major cities were being attacked right under their noses! And here Snype thought they were losing... this was pretty insane. The news that really hit him was Penance. He never did catch that Golduck's name... but it seemed like the same one. Snype found all of this cruely ironic. Penance was the one warning him about the Silver Crystal and he goes and gets himself turned! What a twit... and this psychic link he had was the worst part of it all. Five hours and he'd do it... he'd send the corruption to everybody linked to him.

Snype had alot of stuff on his mind... alot on his conscience. There were alot of things the Sableye was thinking about. Part of him felt like this was his fault for not getting this information before turning sides. Though he'd probably be found out. Whatever Penence... no.. Paradox was up to, it would mean trouble for the group. It was just as he thought. The whole thing was a trap... he didn't predict this outcome though. Snype felt guilty. If he saw Penance again, he really wanted another whack at him. Snype said he'd meet him again on the battlefield if he turned. Needless to say, it looks like that was just what happened. It was a matter of fate now.

Snype simply listened to the crowd and kept his mouth shut for once. He wasn't comfortable around a group of Pokemon who were supposed to be his enemies. But he curiously took a look at the Gardevoir... Genevieve... that name! Another Sentinel in the group? But that was impossible! She was connected with the Silver Crystal! She had to be! He needed answers so he crawled over to her quickly as the tribe entered the city. For all he knew, she was undercover.

"Hey you. Your name's Genevieve correct? I got some questions for you." Snype said with a serious tone. "So, how'd they convince you to switch sides huh? You hated my guts last time we met." Snype said, recalling back to their first meeting. He looked up into the sky and noticed something flying away from Silver City toward the mountains... it looked like some kind of jet... a sentinel?

"Hey Zane, take a look up there..." Snype said, pointing up to the sky.

Trainer Academy RP Pokemon
Snype (Sableye)- Lv. 52- Detect, Shadow Sneak, Will-o-wisp, Low Sweep, Foul Play, Taunt (Ability: Keen Eye)
Commodore (Porygon-Z)- Lv. 55 -Signal beam, Conversion 2, Recover, Tri Attack, Ice Beam, Trick Room (Ability: Trace)
Len (Poliwraith)- Lv. 53- Bubblebeam, Brick Break, Dig, Belly Drum, Sleep Talk, Rest (Ability: Water Absorb)
Able (Ninjask)- Lv. 45 - Fury Cutter, Slash, Double Team, Protect, Baton Pass, Swords Dance (Ability: Speed Boost)
Kara (Gligar) Lv. 29 Acrobatics, Substitute, Fury Cutter, Knock Off, Slash,Toxic (Ability: Poison Heal)
Xerox (Ditto) Lv. 29 Transform (Ability: Imposter)

(In Box)
Shedinja- Lv. 35 Fury Swipes, Confuse Ray, Sand attack, Leech Life, Mind Reader, Scratch (Ability: Wonder Guard)
Old September 26th, 2013, 03:06 PM
Xilfer
Control.
Community Supporter

Mountain Ranges

Despite the raging battle a few miles away in Silver City, the mountain ranges were all but chaotic. Peace and tranquillity reigned supreme here as wild Pokemon at the foot of the mountains continued their daily lives. No sign of civilization was to be found here, apart from the odd outpost, all of which were currently deserted.

However, the peace was suddenly disturbed as the sound of a large, resonating boom that could be heard for miles around pierced the silence. For a few moments after the explosion, all activity ceased as wild Pokemon stared up to the sky, futilely trying to locate the source of the sound before returning back to their activities.

However, soon afterwards, a figure soared by hastily, splitting apart clouds as it did so. The figure - revealed to be a Gliscor upon closer inspection - could have been enjoying the sights that the sky had to offer, but he was in a hurry. Gliding higher, he soon disappeared above the clouds, seeing nothing but blue sky and a mountain's peak ahead of him. The peak, caked with snow and riddled with ancient passageways, was this Pokemon's home. However, it was not his alone.

In one of the passageway entrances stood a Toxicroak and an Emboar, who also occupied these places. They watched as the Gliscor approached, his wings slowly becoming coated with light-falling snow.

"I'm cold. Heat me up," the Toxicroak ordered.

The Emboar obliged, extending a hand towards the Toxicroak and touching her with it, causing her to instantly heat up.

"Thanks, Biff. It's a good thing we got you here," the Toxicroak smiled heartily.

Biff only nodded and turned his eye back to the Gliscor who, now that he had gotten closer, looked panicked.

It wasn't long before he flew into the passageway, shivering. A Ground-type could not easily handle the cold, especially that of these high mountains, and even after years of hiding up there, the poor 'mon still hadn't gotten used to it.

Biff extended a beefy hand towards the Gliscor and patted him on the back, which soon warmed him up. Together, the three of them went deeper into the tunnels until the cold was not so intense.

"What news, Ven?" The Toxicroak asked. "You seem flustered."

"It's grave news, Taint. Very grave indeed! The battle for Silver City has begun!"

Taint and Biff gasped.

"The rebels... they made it this far? But how is this grave news?" Taint asked hastily.

"I'm not done. The cities that have been won over by the rebel Gold Tribe's efforts... are under attack. Thousands of Ancients have been divided amongst them and are reducing them to dust."

"Auron... that sick bastard!" Taint barked, clenching her fist. "Maybe..."

She reached into a pouch that she had strapped to her waist, removing a small golden emblem from it.

"Maybe it's time we stopped hiding... the final battle has begun, and we can help..."

"No! Are you crazy?!" Ven huffed, making rather dramatic pincer gestures. "We'll be killed!"

"Of course we will," Taint placed the symbol of justice back in its leathery resting place, "but we will die having fought for what we once believed in. We will have died helping to save Valkaria. Doesn't that mean something to you anymore?"

"No. No, it doesn't. All I want to do is to stay alive. That's all that matters anymore." Ven turned his back to Taint and Biff. "You can die if you want, but I'm making the smart choice."

Biff fumbled uncomfortably with his fingers, apparently upset that the two were fighting, but not saying anything. The mute Emboar never could talk, but for some reason his silence had always seemed as significant as words of wisdom from an elder to his companions.

Taint let her hand drop, and her mixed expression of anger and determination was replaced by one of disappointment. "I can't believe you were once-"

She never got to finish that sentence, as a loud, primal shriek came from the entrance to the tunnels.

"CREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

Ven snapped to attention. "An Ancient! It must have followed me back here!"

The three ran back to the entrance as fast as they could, and sure enough, an Archeops stood perched on the edge, its soulless eyes staring straight at the three deserters.

"Let's take it out!" Taint ordered, and all three charged at it, Ven taking to the air.

However, before anything else could happen, the Archeops was suddenly grabbed. From out of nowhere, a giant dark hand had come and grabbed the Ancient by the neck, causing it to writhe and struggle, attempting to get free. Soon, a body appeared to accompany the giant hand, and legs, and a rather diminutive head. When the black Golurk had manifested completely, he jerked his hand slightly, snapping the neck of the Archeops and releasing it, letting it plummet to the ground.

Blackguard turned his head to the three, his red eyes instilling fear in their hearts.

"Hello again."

"Who the hell are you?!" Taint exclaimed, she and her partners still staying on their guards.

Blackguard did not reply, he simply brought forward one hand, which held a small, shiny object, and threw it to the ground, allowing it to fall right in front of them.

Before the three lay a golden emblem with a shield engraved onto it.

Taint looked to the emblem, then to the Golurk, then to the emblem again. "P-Paladin?" She stuttered, all three of them looking stunned.

"Not quite..." Blackguard grinned.

Activating his jets swiftly, he charged at the Toxicroak, using the eerie green flames as a boost. He slammed into her before the others could do anything about it, sending her flying backwards and crashing into the far wall. She was instantly unconscious.

The others snapped to action, with Biff firing a Flamethrower straight at him and Ven swooping in to deliver an X-Scissor. Blackguard swatted the Gliscor aside, preventing the X-Scissor from hitting. Biff's Flamethrower barely left a mark on Blackguard's body, a mark which was quickly dusted off.

Ven got back up and mumbled to himself "What the hell-"

But he never finished, as Blackguard used one of his jets to turn himself around almost instantly and then jump straight at the confused Gliscor, Shadow Punching him at close range to take him out.

Biff only stared at his former friend in horror as the Golurk turned around and began towards him. After the initial shock had worn off, he began frantically firing Fire Blasts at Blackguard one after the other, without stopping. Most of the blasts either missed or barely affected Blackguard, not even doing so much as knocking him off-balance. His steady approach turned into a speedy one, and the drained Emboar backed away, fear overtaking him. Blackguard's shadow was soon upon him, and with demon eyes, the dark Golurk stared down at him.

"Hehehe... perfect..."
Old September 26th, 2013, 04:06 PM
Garet
GhostFire

Hanso SharpEye and a few others
~~~~~

First, there was the distance itself that delayed Hanso as he reached for Cape City. Then it was delayed again as his telepathy looked for his twin-sister. It might even take longer if Brynn didn’t recognize Hanso’s mind and make the connection herself. This was urgent, though, enough that—

Hanso ran up against what seemed to be a black wall that immediately began to drain his energy. In the moment before he could pull away, a message played: Hey there! You tried to reach an Affiliate, unfortunately no psychic messages can get to them other than from Paradox. Please try again later. And thank you for the donation.

Back in his body, Hanso let out a mental growl of frustration. It appears you ran into some sort of safeguard, Genevieve noted, speaking only to him and Varren. I’d wondered about that, seeing as he told us about the Psychics.

He couldn’t keep doing this; Hanso didn’t have much energy left now. A black wall, plays a message, only Paradox can reach them psychically. Drained more of my energy.

Soooo, gonna try to break through it? Varren asked, his grin ever present.

If he wasn’t this weak, Hanso probably would have. …There are citizens connected to the Affiliates, aren’t there?

~~~~~

A Growlithe cowered in the back corner of his house, jumping as the sounds of fighting outside seemed to intensify every now and then. He wanted to do what those psychics had said, but it was plain scary now.

”Question.” The Growlithe yelped as the female voice sounded inside his head. ”I apologize for the fright, but would you happen to be connected to the psychics at this moment?”

“Y-yes,” he answered hesitantly, trying not to run in circles.

”Good. I need to speak with one of them, but she needs to be the one to connect. Just ask for Brynn, and tell her that her brother is around.”

~~~~~

Thanks for the support, Genevieve.

You really need to stop running into these sorts of things, dear. Have you tried thinking ahead, hm?

That’s what I’m trying to do now.

Bad timing, brother. Why didn’t you make the connection yourself? Hanso felt relief as Brynn made the connection with his mind while he’d waited.

Paradox, of course. Chaotic version of Penance, which makes him even worse than Penance.

What? The surprise in Brynn’s mental voice was evident. You mean to say they…

I’d hoped to never say this…but it’s time, sister.

There was silence for a few moments before the Gardevoir sighed. I’ll see what I can do, brother.

Then Varren spoke up. Hey, while you’re at it, could you—Hey! Why’d you cut me off?

Because that was all she needed to hear. More talking with Brynn, and Paradox might’ve heard something more he could use, if he knew to listen in on us. Genevieve, we have some work to do.

~~~~~

In the physical realm, Genevieve looked down distractedly as Snype crawled up to her. "Hey you. Your name's Genevieve correct? I got some questions for you." Snype said with a serious tone. "So, how'd they convince you to switch sides huh? You hated my guts last time we met."

The Gardevoir sighed. “I’m afraid, that was the Siren you spoke to. I apologize if I don’t call you by name, but my memory’s still hazy. I don’t recall exactly how they convinced me, either.”

Elsewhere in the group, the Gallade had moved up beside the Keeper. He had a sack hanging half from his back and half at his side, one hand holding it still while the other held a bar that Varren munched on. “I’d really hoped Miss Affiliate had heard me ask for some more food,” Varren muttered before taking another bite. “Even if it’s only a substitute for the rest hero-boy here needs.”

The Gallade shook his hand to free it of leftover crumbs before clearing his throat. “So, librarian, Hanso wanted to ask something, but he’s busy at the moment. Y’know, how much you knew about trapping other beings inside a crystal an’ all.”
Old September 28th, 2013, 01:55 PM
SV
Moshi Moshi?

Silver City

Zane's eyes followed where Snype pointed up to, noticing an object in the sky. He couldn't make out the Pokemon, but it was large. He wasn't certain, but it appeared in the shape of a Golurk. "Paladin?" Zane wondered in a whisper. Whether it was he or another, Zane wondered where the Pokemon was going. From what it appeared, it was heading somewhere to the west.

"Keep your eyes open," He relayed to the others, trying to get them focused instead on what lay inside the city now more than outside. Gallant nodded in response as he walked beside Zane, with Guardia a bit further to the left of them. The Cleric walked to the right of the group, her eyes scanning the familiar sights of their city, while Sword and Shield walked beside her. The Keeper now walked further to the back of the group, the strain of the large amount of Psychic energy it took to use the teleportation seeming to take a toll on his body. He panted somewhat heavily, but he seemed to be able to keep up enough. He cocked an eyebrow when Varren in TrueStriker's body approached the elder Alakazam.

"Other beings, you say?" He inquired with a smile. His heavy breathing continued for a bit, but he did his best to monitor and contain it while he spoke. "I suppose...I know more than most...being one of the few that has seen it done." He answered. "But know this. Attempting anything of the sort is not to be tried lightly. To have such power over another Pokemon, an equal or more amount of power must be given. Keep this in mind, young one."

The group proceeded further into Silver City, and still, no sign of the enemy came. What Zane did see were heads poking out of their homes to see them pass by, but many were still too frightened to step out. Zane imagined being under the rule of Auron and the Silver Tribe for months at a time
would do that for you. Yet as they proceeded forward, Zane thought he had begun to hear whispers coming from somewhere. He looked around, wondering if the Pokemon citizens were the source of this, but from what he could tell, they weren't. It felt like the whispers increased in pace, until it felt like multiple conversations occurred at once. It started small, but slowly expanded in his head as more conversations joined. It was muddled, Zane being unable to distinguish any particular conversation. He clutched his head, continuing to walk forward. Then, flashes of light occurred all across him. Pokemon, somewhat transparrent and faded, were all around the city. He looked into the others eyes, but it didn't seem like they could see them at all. Zane continued to press forward, looking across the faces of the many Pokemon around, some of which talked with others, some who trained, some who walked casually in the city, some who seemed to be on patrol. Yet all of them had one thing in common.

They all wore an emblem somewhere across their bodies. They were all Gold Tribe. Some, Zane even recognized. Others were unknown to him. He clutched his head once more as the voices drowned out all others that would have been talking. He felt them swim through his head, with nothing he could do to make them stop. He closed his eyes, but still pushed forward, gritting his teeth as he did.

Then, all at once, the voices stopped. He opened his eyes, and the images were gone. It was dead silence all across, and on his shoulder, the paw of his friend Guardia was placed. He looked into her eyes, as she showed an expression of concern. Zane nodded, letting her known he was alright, before both of their eyes looked to where they now stood.

The group stood right in front of the Citadel, the tallest building in Silver City. Before, it was the home of the Gold Tribe, their residence quarters and a gathering place for the tribe. Now, it was the official palace of the Silver Tribe. Zane could see the building begin to crumble and rot from lack of care, just as many of the other buildings in Silver City. It held damage from attacks along the outside too, some which were older, and some which were fresh. Zane looked over the others briefly, before approaching the large door. He unlocked it, the cool air of the inside blowing out in a sweep, giving the opening an ominous feel. Zane thought for a second he heard a deep, deep voice among the wind that blew.

Peering inside, Zane could see the familiarity of the Citadel through the darkness, as nothing much was lit inside anymore, relying on the holes and openings that covered the outside to provide the lighting. As on the outside, there was no movement, and no signs of any Pokemon present. Cautiously, Zane stepped inside, and moved forward. He was watchful of his surroundings, trying to ensure the group didn't fall into another trap, but from what it appeared, there really was no one here. He felt uneasy being inside. The Keeper, who was still recovering from the mass-teleportation he unleashed, stood in the first room of the Citadel and remained there. He then leaned against the wall before sliding down to the ground. When asked what he was doing, he merely smiled.

"The power I unleashed seems to have taken quite a bit of a toll on me. I shall rest here for a while longer, but have no fear. I will come to you when it is my time. Go ahead, I will be along shortly."

The group wandered further into the Citadel. Zane was reminded of the times he had in this place. Not just during the final battle, but the good times before the invasion. He had traveled to Gold City many times in the past for assignments and meetings with the leadership. Here, he conversed with many of his brothers and sisters, laughed merrily with them. Now, many of them were dead, and nothing more than a memory. All the while, the feeling that something was...twisted here continued to grow.

That feeling, however, grew more ominous was they approached the large doors to the main chamber. Even with the door closed, Zane felt something on the other side. He couldn't explain the feeling, but he knew something was beyond this door. Something dark. Voices poured through his head for a few brief second again as he approached the doors to the chamber. They soon died down, replaced with a strange noise, like a low breathing in his skull, like a beast, breathing in and out heavily, as if stalking its prey. With each step, the breathing increased. He though he heard low drums now, beating away with each leg he brought forward. Zane placed his hands on the large doors. The drums replaced with a deep, humming noise, as if it came from a great distance, even though Zane was certain it was in his mind. He pushed forward, with the creaks of the iron doors emanating through the halls. The deep humming increased. A crease was visible from the other side of the door, but only darkness was seen from there. Zane opened the door further, peering inside but still seeing nothing. The deep humming increased. The creaks of the old, rusty hinges were fully pronounced with each inch further opened. The deep humming in his mind increased.

Then finally, the doors swing fully open, and all sound was drowned out. On the other side, Zane saw the sight of the main chamber, noticing as he proceeded inside of the sign of battle, fresh battle. Pillars were knocked over here and there, and rubble littered the area. Large portions of the roof had fallen onto the ground, with pieces peering into the high level. The chamber was relatively lit, but it dimmed the further the path went toward the end of the other side. And in the dark shadows at end of the chamber, a single Pokemon awaited.

Even from a distance and from the shadows upon which he sat, Zane Tyrael saw clearly who it was. He sat upon the throne like he had owned it, and perhaps he did. His dull, dark yellow-green skin complemented the darkness, blending into it as if he belonged. The only portions which stood out is the red which filled his body, the tips of his claws, and his scythe-like tusks. Even for a Haxorus, he was massive, larger than others of his species. But it wasn't his size which caused Zane anxiety. They had faced enemies larger than him. It wasn't even that Zane knew that he could back up his size with his immense strength. It was what the Haxorus represented.

In the last two years, his name had morphed from one which brought Pokemon hope to one which brought Pokemon despair. The citizens of Valkaria had come to fear his name beyond any other. They would cower at the very mention of it, hoping not to invoke his wrath. The soldiers of Valkaria had come to despise his name beyond any other. They would curse his name to their last breath, hoping for the day they fight to the end of his reign. The Ancients of Valkaria had come to worship his name beyond any other. They would bow to his will, and listen to any command which would escape his mouth, no matter their own fate. But the Gold Tribe had come to understand his name, and what truly lied beyond it. The Dark One had chosen him as the Lord of the Sentinels, and in order to save Valkaria, his name had to be ended.

Whatever shadows had covered him were soon removed as a bright shard of silver became known to the rest of the room. It hovered above the ground beside the throne room, covered in some sort of dark energy in a sphere, as if protecting the crystal from others' touch. But the Haxorus did not touch the crystal. He left it where it floated. Instead, Luphen "Auron" Augustus rose without uttering a single word, and proceeded down the steps of the throne, with each mighty thump causing Zane's heard to almost jump.

But he did not back down. Now that they had come so far, they only had to go a bit further, and Zane had no intention of leaving. He bent his knees and formed his stance. Guardia who stood right beside him, joined him in a fighting position of her own. Sword and Shield pounded his chest ferociously as he prepared to face the legendary fighter among the SIlver Tribe. The Cleric began to form leaves across her body in preparation of her attacks. Dryad prepared her own energy for an array of attacks she was about to unleash. Gallant cracked his knuckles, and moved his torso to a position in response to the Haxorus' approach. Zane looked across the faces of his allies, those of the Gold Tribe, and those not of the tribe. Whoever they were, wherever they came from, Zane had the feeling that they understood the stakes of the fight, and they understood who they fought.

For Auron was no mere Sentinel. He was a demon among Pokemon, one who was said to be unkillable because of his sheer power. He would be the biggest test they would face yet, the strongest Pokemon of those they had run into. And almost immediately, he intended to confirm that reputation. With a large stomp of his right foot, the entire Citadel began to shake around them uncontrollably. The roof above them started to collapse and fall, and the ground below them because to break apart chaotically. The Earthquake expanded across the main chamber and beyond, shaking the entire city with its might. Pokemon on the inside of the Citadel would get the worst of it, the mighty ground attack not being so potent that it was capable of causing damage even to those who had the capability to fly. The was the power of Auron. That was the will of Auron.

Old September 28th, 2013, 02:38 PM
Ray Maverick
life without liberty; body without spirit
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to Ray Maverick
Bloodthirster

Back then, Ragnaros was a Salamence much younger and less scarred. His mentor, on the other hand, never seemed to age; for an Aerodactyl, he was surprisingly powerful and vicious. There he was, standing against him on even ground inside the caverns of Korhal Mountains. His eyes were shining in the dark as he examined Ragnaros, after he had just returned from his first trip in Gold City.

"The Heroes Alliance School," his mentor said slowly in his coarse voice that echoed in the cave's walls. "They have not taught you well."

"I can take on six opponents at a time," Ragnaros bragged with a cocky grin he used to wear most of the time. "They call me the Bloodthirster, now. I always draw first blood."

"You know how to fight six opponents at a time. What if there are more? You die, then, and they will be the last opponents you'll take on. I can teach you how to take on a hundred... thousands, even, if you make a pile of them when your life ends, for you'll have lived long enough to fight more, and more..."

Ragnaros said nothing as he watched his mentor's image disperse into many more ones, hardly visible in the shadows, lurking all around him. He knew the technique. It was called Double Team. He gritted his teeth, steadying his footing on the ground. The Aerodactyls attacked, swarming him, but a pulse of dragonfire sent them away. His mentor had sliced his wing, but before he could retaliate, he was long gone. He was fast.

A roaring stream of fire echoed in the cave intensely, the flames licking the rocks where Ragnaros thought Phylax was hiding. He wasn't there. When the stream settled down, silence befell the cave. Ragnaros shrugged off the wound on his wing; it was nothing more than a scratch, but he knew Phylax's teeth could cause a lot more damage than that.

"Stand and fight me with honor," Ragnaros demanded.

"A Gold Tribesman embraces his noble ways," Phylax said from somewhere in the shadows, "you have learned to fight with honor. In the wild, honor is cast aside, as you have understood from a young age. You had to fight your way here, to survive. Did your opponent stand up face to face with you? No. They pounced on your back."

"You're wrong," Ragnaros rasped, "they didn't get a chance. I attacked first."

Phylax chuckled. "That's a long time ago." Then a shadow dove to Ragnaros from above, slashing at the back of his head. The Salamence roared in anger and shook his entire body violently. "You have to be ruthless," his mentor said as he attacked him again with a speed that made him a blur, impossible to see. "You have to be prepared." He was gone again. "Fighting is all that matters. Dying for a cause will not allow you to fight for it again."

Ragnaros snarled in anger. "What you say makes no sense. I'd rather die than fail. I've put all my pride in the oath I gave them. I can't run away when it's time to die."

Phylax appeared, latching himself onto the Salamence's long neck. He was unable to turn and counter him. He was unable to attack him with his feet. He tried taking flight, shaking violently, but the Aerodactyl remained stuck onto him. "What if I kill you now?" his mentor said, his coarse voice sounding absurd in Ragnaros's ears. He settled down, defeated. "You will die, away from the Gold Tribe and your purpose. That's what honor gets you in this world. I warned you not to get involved with their lot. The end is coming, these bones I'm made of can feel it. Will you die for their cause? Or will you survive... to fight again?"

His mentor's words were what compelled him to leave, when Gold City fell to Auron. Rather than dying like the rest, he flew away. He promised himself he would fight the Silver Tribe, again.

The time had come now.

Ragnaros scratched his scales, flying above the group of Gold Tribe members as they walked through Gold City. Some of its residents peered out of their houses, but did no more. He was puzzled by that - normally, weak fools would join them in their quest, thinking they could help. Were they afraid of Lord Auron so much, that they did not even cheer for them? Looking around the city, Ragnaros could tell it was a ruin. It looked to him like this self styled monarch of Valkaria was only fit to kill, and cared not for maintaining what he had already conquered. All he wanted was war. That brought bitter laughter to Ragnaros's throat, which echoed around the city. There it was, again, the feeling that they were puppets to a game which had rules beyond their understanding.

With the recent developments in the war, Ragnaros could understand Vigil's logic: the people of Valkaria would either remain slaves, or die. What difference did it made, then? It seemed like they would die fighting, anyways. Whatever was the grand plan, he had a feeling that they were in for a surprise, though at this point he was past caring. He had already decided. He would die fighting.

He'd landed next to Sword and Shield as they entered the Citadel. Vigil pushed the doors aside... that strange, ominous sound echoing into his ears. He snapped his jaws a few times, preparing for what lay ahead. In the darkness, far across the throne room, Lord Auron was, the Silver Crystal floating above his head, forming a dark sphere of energy. Without a word, the over-sized Haxorus got off his throne, stepping down... Ragnaros tried to guess what move he would use. The moment Auron raised his leg, he knew it was going to be Earthquake, so he leaped off the ground. However, the earthquake that was launched shook him as well, making him grunt; when it passed, though, Ragnaros let out a roar that echoed loud in the ruins of the hall.

"Gold Tribe!" He roared, seeing the others move beneath him. His body boomed in dragonfire, which left a trail of embers when he charged at Auron full speed.

"I'm surrounded by capable Pokemon who don't need me in battle. If they get themselves bloodied, and I am clean by the end of the battle, how long before they start questioning my bravery?"
- Garland Fordring, leader of the Exathian Gold Tribe

Old September 28th, 2013, 04:35 PM
<Challenger>
I need Boobies! Nothing more!

Nature: Jolly
Jirmonji "The Swift" Slynt
The Beginning of the End of the New Beginning

Jirmonji watched as Auron appeared from the gate with the Silver Crystal floating above him. A shiver ran down a spine. A fearsome opponent... He gritted his teeth. [I]I don't know if we'll be able to handle this one. He looked around to his brothers-and-sisters-in-arms. All brave, fearless fighters....I would gladly die for any of them....And they would do the same for me. He felt a swell of pride as Bloodthirster gave a roar. We are the Gold Tribe. We are the last, best hope of Valkaria. We will not fall. He looked to Auron once again, with grim determination locked in his heart. I will not die here...I will live longer than Auron...It is after that....Then...Then I will meet my destiny. It seemed as if the world had come to a stopping place. The fate of Valkaria depended upon the Gold Tribe winning this battle.

The Swift looked at his brothers and sisters and smiled at them all. "Brothers! Sisters! We can end this here and now!" He smiled and muttered to himself, "I never thought I would be here...I thought I would've died back in Gold City...or the Korhal Mountains, or Albia, or even Cape City..." He used to fear death...So much has changed since then...He wasn't afraid to die anymore...Now, he was sure he would die for the Gold Tribe. In fact, he was positive he would die for the Gold Tribe. "GOLD TRIBE!" He roared Bloodthirster's call and rushed forward with his most powerful X-Scissor.

"Welcome to Boobies, we hope you like what you see, boys!"

Last edited by <Challenger>; September 28th, 2013 at 05:34 PM.
Old September 28th, 2013, 11:24 PM
SV
Moshi Moshi?

Silver City

The entire ground shook below Zane's feet, and as concrete and rock started to rise up and crack around, he had to move quickly before he would be crushed by incoming rocks. Zane ducked out of the way as a piled feel across him, though loose rubble scratched across his face. Guardia managed to escape most of the damage done to her, but Sword and Shield felt the tremors of the Earthquake right below his feet. Rocks rose up from the fissures of the ground, smashing together and forming up, and collided into the Snorlax, who wasn't quick enough to get out of the way. Gallant, Dryad and The Cleric all lost their balance momentarily and fell, but avoided most of the damage from the tremors.

While Zane and the others were recovering, Auron was already making his next move. He observed as the Swift charged forward at him with an X-Scissor, but instead of attempting to dodge, Auron slowly began to gather energy around his body. All around him, dark smoke and energy poured around, fueling him and increasing his already immense size. The smoke permeated his body as if the Haxorus inhaled it. Then, just as the Swift was rapidly coming upon him, Auron rushed his body forward with a quickness completely contrast to his size. He made a move forward with a Giga Impact fueled by dark energies from the crystal, breaking through a pillar with almost ludicrous ease on his way to Swift, and impacted on him full force with the tremendous feat of strength. From his position, Zane couldn't tell if his brother was struck by the attack. But if he was, it was likely deadly.

Auron, however, quickly moved to the next opponent. As Bloodthirster shouted from above, Zane and Guardia moved away from Bloodthirster's trail of fire. Auron, however, gave no hesitation in his next action. It surprised Zane, as the Haxorus bent his legs, and with unseen power fueling him, he leaped a large distance in the air right at the flying Salamence, almost for a moment as if he himself was also flying. Auron impacted with him right in the air, grabbing hold of his body with his claws. Even the dragonfire which now burned around Bloodthirster didn't deter him. He took the pain, and rose one mighty claw, bringing it down upon the side of the Dragon Gold Tribe member he held on to. Once he dealt his attack, he jumped off, still quite a distance in the air, and aimed to land where Zane and the others had gathered.

It was too late to react before Auron already came down upon them, his impact to the ground causing the floor below them to rupture in a another Earthquake, which broke apart the ground and sent shockwaves at the surrounding Gold Tribe members. Zane was hit full force by the attack, and sent flying through the air like some toy. Guardia and Gallant experienced the same fate, with the Sawk hitting a pillar hard and breaking it in two, while Guardia hit the side of the wall, rubble crashing down upon her. Gold Tribe members were tough, though, and they soon got up once more to try again.

Or at least, Zane attempted to. When he was recovering from the Earthquake enough to stand, the Haxorus was already right in front of him. Zane tried to maneuver around him with his small scale and superior speed. He avoided a Dragon Claw which barely missed him and split the ground below him a full meter. He then ran around Auron, and brought down his arms for a Night Slash. Auron brought up his arms and blocked the attack, though Zane could see a mark come across the Haxorus, albeit a small one. The Haxorus ignored the hit and managed to swipe at Zane, bringing him to the ground, and then, before Zane could run around to prepare something else, he struck the golden Bisharp with a Dragon Claw directly on his side, Zane screaming in pain as the claws dug deep into his side and drew blood. Along with being sharp, they were immensely powerful, and they sent the Bisharp once again through the air, before tumbling down to the ground in a crater from the force.

Gallant and Guardia tried to strike together to make an impact on him. Gallant flew through the air with a High Jump Kick while the Zangoose attack from the ground, attempting to bring a Crush Claw on the Haxorus. However, Auron grabbed the Sawk as he glided through the air, ending his attack with his sheer force, almost comically. He was not able to stop Guardia's attack, who successfully launched her claws at the leg of the Haxorus. It was a brief moment of pain, enough to draw blood off the leg, but it didn't seem to do much other than anger the Lord of the Sentinels. He swiped his tail to the side of the Zangoose, who hit the wall hard and fell, while Auron continued to hold Gallant in his claws. He then reached his arm back, and tossed the Sawk through the air, and once he released him, powered up an attack, which was fueled and enhanced by the darkness and chaos around him, and shot a colorful Dragon Pulse right at the veteran Gold Tribe member through the air.

Zane could tell, as he tried to swiftly recover from his own hit that the Dragon Pulse was beyond powerful, as the very air around it seemed to hiss with pain from allowing it passage to reach the Sawk. Gallant fell to the ground with a thud, and for the moment couldn't even struggle to raise himself.

This caused a roar to come from Sword and Shield, who rushed forward with a Wild Charge. Auron was quick to meet this show of brute physical force with one of his own. A Giga Impact. The two larger Pokemon clashed in the center, with bit of electrical pulses bouncing off the Dragon's body from the effects of the Snorlax's attack. But what Zane also heard from the impact was a resounding crack coming upon impact from his brothers side, and though Sword and Shield held it for as long as he could, he was forced back and onto the ground below. He clutched his shoulder tightly, which Zane found to be somewhat out of place, either because of a break or a dislocation.

The Cleric and Dryad, at the moment Sword and Shield fell, began launching a set of Energy Balls together. The duo fired upon the Haxorus while he was still focused on Sword and Shield, and the balls of grass energy began to impact heavily across the back of Auron. Each hit caused a slight reaction from the Dragon, who tried to turn his body around to react, but felt the force of the two Lilligants' prepared attack in full length. Eventually, Auron had managed to turn around, but not before the pair had already launched more than a dozen Energy balls at him, a feat which would have taken an immense amount of preparation and energy, which showed how desperate and serious they were to win. They panted and continued to fire energy balls at the scales of the dragon. He reacted by a slight drawback with each hit, but the attacks seemed only to delaying him. Eventually, Auron was stomping forward to his targets. He started with smaller steps, then as his body adjusted to the hits of the Lilligants and they began to get tired from launching so many, he began to proceed faster. His movement increased from slight steps to full stomps, and then finally to a full run, even as Energy Balls continued to fall across his body.

To their horror, Auron had eventually reached him, and a moment before he was upon them, his body lit up with the same purple and dark energy which engulfed his body, furthering the damage his next Giga Impact did to unimaginable physical proportions. The two Lilligants, who stood close together, both tried to dodge by jumping to either side of the beast, but the extra energy being espoused around Auron caused the area of impact of the Giga Impact to no longer be limited to his physical body. The Lilligants avoided the initial wave of the impacts, but the shockwaves which followed found their bodies, and flung them like toothpicks through the air. Dryad landed hard onto the ground beside Guardia, and struggled to get up again. The Cleric took more of the attack, hitting against a pillar and smashing it apart, then hitting with a thud on the ground, unmoving.

Zane looked incredulously at the feats of power and strength Auron was able to unleash, but only for a moment. He had already began to recover to try to go in again, despite knowing he was grossly outmatched. Thankfully, he noticed as other Gold Tribe members too recovered, despite some now having fairly substantial injuries across their bodies from clashes with Auron. Like himself, they were prepared to give it all. Yet against such a foe, victory seemed so out of reach.

Old September 29th, 2013, 03:33 AM
Ray Maverick
Community Supporter

Bloodthirster

Ragnaros felt blood trickle down his neck, where Auron's claws had hit; the sight of his own blood excited and enraged him at once. He felt his rage boiling hot with his blood, fueling his power.

The Haxorus seemed to brush off their attacks as easily as if they were spraying water on him, and more or less all of them had managed to get hurt somehow. A Dragon Rush will not be as effective, Ragnaros found himself thinking, after witnessing the Haxorus countering all these attacks. So be it. He glanced around, seeing the members of the Gold Tribe recover slowly. They'll move in again... "All together," he roared. His legs ignited in dragonfire, his wings spread wide as he leaped off the ground in another charge, a less reckless one that was calculated. This time, he would go for closer combat with the Haxorus.

"Keep him in one place!" He slipped past Auron, maneuvering around him and starting a flurry of furious Dragon Claws that he knew would keep him busy and open to other attacks. During his constant attacks, he kept his eyes on Auron. I'll shove your pretty crystal of yours down your throat, Auron.

"I'm surrounded by capable Pokemon who don't need me in battle. If they get themselves bloodied, and I am clean by the end of the battle, how long before they start questioning my bravery?"

Old September 29th, 2013, 01:56 PM
Megaman765
Community Supporter

Snype and Levina felt the powerful force of the earthquake and struggld to stay on their feet. To top things off the roof was collapsing. No doubt, this here would be the final battle... Auron was more powerful then Snype could ever dream. It was funny that just an hour ago, he was his boss.

"Snype! Hop on!" Levina shouted. Snype nodded and jumped on top of Levina and began to run through the falling rubble. Snype had to do what he did best... fight dirty! He just had to weaken Auron first to make everyone elses life easier... Levina continued running through the building and avoiding rubble. One hard piece barely hit Snype's head and left a scratch on him. Spitting on the floor, the two continued their approach on Auron. The Gold Tribe wasn't going too hot... this would change the tides hopefully!

As Snype ran by Auron with Levina, he aimed a Will-o-wisp to immensely weaken and burn him.

Snype (Sableye)- Lv. 52- Detect, Shadow Sneak, Will-o-wisp, Low Sweep, Foul Play, Taunt (Ability: Keen Eye)
Commodore (Porygon-Z)- Lv. 55 -Signal beam, Conversion 2, Recover, Tri Attack, Ice Beam, Trick Room (Ability: Trace)
Len (Poliwraith)- Lv. 53- Bubblebeam, Brick Break, Dig, Belly Drum, Sleep Talk, Rest (Ability: Water Absorb)
Able (Ninjask)- Lv. 45 - Fury Cutter, Slash, Double Team, Protect, Baton Pass, Swords Dance (Ability: Speed Boost)
Kara (Gligar) Lv. 29 Acrobatics, Substitute, Fury Cutter, Knock Off, Slash,Toxic (Ability: Poison Heal)

(In Box)
Shedinja- Lv. 35 Fury Swipes, Confuse Ray, Sand attack, Leech Life, Mind Reader, Scratch (Ability: Wonder Guard)
Old September 29th, 2013, 05:50 PM
SV
Moshi Moshi?

Silver City

"All together," Bloodthirster bellowed, and Zane nodded in confirmation. He exchanged glances with the others, and watched the Salamence charge at the helm. As he flew around the Haxorus, the mighty beast held his ground and tried to position his body in front of him. As he moved around and began his flurry of Dragon Claws, Auron held his arms up to block, but also began going on the offensive, bringing down mighty claw after mighty claw of his own set of Dragon Claws, each hit more powerful than the last, as if something beyond his own energy gave him the stamina. Each strike that contacted with Auron's hard scales dealt a blow, but Auron hardly noticed much.

Yet it was enough for Zane and the others to get into position. Dryad and the Cleric (who shakily stood on her feet) began preparing an attack together, while Sword and Shield called for a Surf to begin forming behind him. Auron did a momentary strike upon Bloodthirster, which seemed to have forced him back enough for the Gold Tribe to initiate an attack. Whether Bloodthirster was damaged by Auron or not, Zane was unsure. Zane and Snype went in first, Snype hitting the Haxorus with a Will-o-wisp while Zane charged up a Thunder Wave. Both attacks successfully hit, and did their job in disorienting him well enough for Zane to back up before retaliation.

Sword and Shield was up next. As Auron tried recovering from the status hits, he was unable to respond quick enough to escape the incoming tidal wave of water summoned by the Surf of the Snorlax. The water burst at Auron, crashing down upon him like a cement wall hitting the beast. Yet surprisingly, he was able to endure enough to keep his ground, despite both paralysis and a burning sensation clinging at him. The water crash at him, and then rushed passed him, filling up portions of the main chamber before spilling out of it. But the soaked Auron continued to stand. The Gold Tribe, however, didn't want to give him a break. Guardia rushed forward now, launching a powerful Thunder at him, despite using it as an offensive weapon at the moment instead of her traditional use of it as a defense. The Thunder struck his body, fusing with the water across his body to increase the damage done to him. Zane could see that the Haxorus was in pain, but it wasn't enough to bring him to his knees. He just seemed to take the pain.

Auron roared, but next, Dryad and the Cleric were up. Having gathered the necessary energy around, two white orbs of pure energy were around the pair. Having used the others' attacks as a diversion, they had gathered enough energy to simultaneously release two Hyper Beams, at their fullest powers they could be. Auron only noticed at the very end what they were up to, and by the time he tried to react, the two hit him directly with the power beams of white energy. The Hyper Beams struck Auron in his chest directly, then the shockwave carried him off of his feet and sent him crashing against the wall, with rubble coming down on top of him. Still, the attacks persisted until both Dryad and the Cleric had used up all the energy they could.

Rocks and broken pieces of the citadel covered the body of the Haxorus, and Zane released a grin at the success of the Gold Tribe. He and the others panted heavily from their efforts. But his celebration was short lived, as from the rubble, the rocks began to shift, and a moment later, the Haxorus popped up again, with only a few injuries and bruises to show from their efforts. Although, Zane did see two burn marks right on his chest, which seemed to have been quick a significant amount of damage. Yet it was not enough, it seemed.

Auron retaliated in force. He opened his own mouth, and began to power up his own Hyper Beam. Before Zane could even begin to warn them, the dark colored energy blast, which seemed to have fused with the chaotic and dark energies, released from his mouth. Yet surprisingly, it did not target any one area. He fired the blast, targeting the two Lilligants primarily, who were struck with portions of the ultra-powerful dark Hyper Beam. But after, Auron turned his head, and continued the Hyper Beam to target the other opponents like a laser. The beam burned through the ground and the walls as it melted over every target it passed, and he tried to leave none of them out of the hit.

Old September 30th, 2013, 12:46 PM
Megaman765
Community Supporter

Snype cheered as he succesfully burned him. They seemed to get alot of hits in this time! Things were already looking up for the group. After the attacks of the other Gold Tribe members, Auron let out a Hyper Beam! It was different then usual since it had a Dark Aura... Snype was a ghost so normally, a move like that wouldn't even phase him but... something about this seemed different. Snype could feel the power coming from the attack and did NOT want to get hit by it.

"Levina! Right side!" Snype commanded. Levina nodded and made a sharp turn to run from the incoming Hyper Beam. They were small and nimble. They could handle big attacks like this! They were sentinels for a reason! Snype's biggest challange would be getting close enough to Auron to hit him with Foul Play. Considering how strong the Pokemon was, Snype's signature attack would do wonders on him. Right now he had to keep his distance and wait for the right moment to strike.

"Keep running Levina!" Snype shouted.

(In Box)
Old September 30th, 2013, 02:36 PM
Xilfer
Control.
Community Supporter

Mountain Ranges

Saturn Barrowman

Day 105 in the mountain

I've been noticing tremors of late. Whether they originate from Silver City or come as a result of the mountain collapsing, I do not know, but I suspect the former. I have repeatedly tried to convince Ven and Taint to abandon this hiding place, on account of the fact that we have been here for far too long. Ven, our scout, has heard possible rumours of an impending battle in Silver City, next to which we are directly located. However, despite my efforts, I cannot convince them to move. Biff agrees with me, though he cannot directly say so. The Emboar has always had a knack for sensing danger, and he's been rather uneasy lately, which, in turn, makes me equally anxious. I plan on attempting to convince my comrades to move once more. It seems as if, though I was once their captain, they are no longer willing to listen to me. Still, that could be because of this... darkness within me. I do not know how it happened, or why, but I can feel the deep black of oblivion drawing every closer... as if it is right beside me. When I attempt to use my Aura Sphere, the result is a dark pulse of energy unlike anything I've ever seen; it scares me. I am becoming something else.

It is because of this that I began writing these log entries. Should something happen to me, perhaps someone will find these-

I just heard a loud crash from further down the tunnel - oh no, I hear shouts - Ven, Taint, Biff! I must go help them!

"You're not going anywhere," came a loud, booming voice. Saturn instantly turned his head and took up a fighting position to find a Golurk standing before him. Saturn dropped his pen and put it back on the table, on which his personal journal sat.

"How nice, a diary," the Golurk chuckled.

"You... I know you..." Saturn muttered, racking his brain to remember where he'd seen this huge individual. "But... you're different..."

"It's nice to see you too, Saturn," The Golurk said, almost sincerely but with a hint of mockery in his tone.

"Paladin... Paladin! ...Paladin? What..." Saturn trailed off, stunned to see what had become of his old friend.

"The same thing that's happened to you, my friend," Blackguard pointed at the dark half of the Lucario's body. "You're corrupted, my friend. Just like me."

"You're not Paladin. You can't be; look at you! You look different, you sound different-"

"I AM different, Saturn!" Blackguard boomed. "I am Blackguard! Paladin is long gone. And soon, you shall share his fate."

That was provocation enough for Saturn; guessing that Blackguard had been the one to attack his friends, he quickly launched an Aura Sphere at the Golurk. As anticipated, it turned into a Dark Beam somehow.

The result was shocking. As the Dark Beam hit him, Blackguard seemed to absorb the hit, stretching his arms as if welcoming the attack. It did not affect him whatsoever, and he shook his head, feeling refreshed.

"Is that all?" Blackguard charged at Saturn with abnormal speed and began pelting him with Shadow Punches. Saturn knocked the first two aside just barely, but they just kept on coming and he was eventually knocked down by one. Another punch followed in quick succession, but Saturn countered it with a quick Dragon Pulse, causing the punch to be knocked out of direction and crash straight into the wall. Saturn took this chance to get up, shaking off the pain, and powered up with a couple of Sword Dances. Blackguard quickly powered up a Dark Beam, and fired it straight at Saturn.

Surprisingly, Saturn reacted the exact same way that Blackguard had. He absorbed the Dark Beam, feeling totally replenished as it fell into his body. He closed his eyes for a moment, and when he opened them, they were a deep red. The black on his body extended itself over the brilliant blue, quickly turning his body different shades of deep jet black.

"Now you've done it," Saturn said in a much deeper voice. His Chaos Form had activated.

"Perfect," Blackguard smirked.

Saturn lunged at Blackguard, smashing into him faster than he could react and sending both of them tumbling to the ground. Blackguard quickly countered with a Hammer Arm, which managed to hit the Lucario straight in the face, causing devastating damage, and sending him flying straight into the wall. Saturn grunted in pain, but he was soon up again, and facing Blackguard.

Saturn zoomed in on Blackguard incredibly fast, and began a Close Combat attack. The successive hits of kicks and punches caused Blackguard to stagger back somewhat, but he soon recollected himself and swung another Hammer Arm at Saturn. The Lucario dodged the attack swiftly, then continued with his Close Combat. Blackguard decided to activate his jets, sending waves of Flamethrowers after the Lucario. Surprised at such an attack, Saturn was caught right in the middle of the flames and staggered backwards, trying to swat them aside with his arms. They burned him heavily, so he had no choice but to jump above the shoot of flames and grab onto the ceiling, digging into the rock with his powerful arms and hanging there.

He did not stay suspended for long. Saturn jumped over the flames just as they rose to meet him, and landed on Blackguard himself. On top of the Golurk, Saturn began pelting the Golurk with rapid Close Combat. Staggering backwards and starting to feel pain because of the kicks and punches, Blackguard aimed his Flamethrower at his own head, instantly causing Saturn to jump off and onto the ground.

He looked back at the Golurk, finding that his own Flamethrower had not hurt him in the slightest.

"What the hell are you?" Saturn asked.

"You," Blackguard replied, his dark red eyes glinting with satisfaction.

Right after he said that, Saturn broke down. He crumbled to the floor, seemingly a lifeless body. Blackguard walked over to him, and kneeled before him. "Now, let's begin."

---

"It's good to see you, Blackguard. But... why now?"

"We are assembling. Auron's time is up. We need Saturn."

"For what? Another Pokemon to add to your ranks? Saturn needs to have a bigger role in this; I've spent too long preparing him for him to be one of your henchmen."

"He has a very different purpose, Chaos. He is essential to the plan. But first..."

"What the hell are you doing?!"

"Eliminating you."

"No. You can't! No! NOOOOOO!"

---

It had only been a couple of seconds before Blackguard opened his eyes and stood up, staring over the lifeless, now normal body of Saturn Barrowman. In the faintest depths of his memory, Blackguard remembered his host Paladin and this Lucario together, as friends, as comrades.

Picking up the body, Blackguard went back into the tunnels and found his way back to the entrance of the cave. A blizzard had no broken out, but that wasn't a problem for him. Slinging Saturn over his shoulder and activating his jets, he rocketed out into the air, back towards Silver City, where the fight was already underway. As he flew, he sent out a message to Paradox.

"I've got the Package; I'm coming back to the city. I see the Gold Tribe have already engaged, in which case we need to hurry. Apprehend him and bring him to me. We'll take care of him together."
Old September 30th, 2013, 04:49 PM
Garet
GhostFire

Hanso, Varren, and Genevieve. Oh, and Brynn.
Silver City - Outside the Citadel

~~~~~

“Equal or more amount of power, hm?” Varren nodded to himself. It made sense, obviously, considering what hero-boy had in mind. He continued munching on the few snacks left in his sack, and drank from a flask of water, as the group moved on through the city, almost as if he was on a sightseeing tour.

A minute before they reached the Citadel, Genevieve said to Hanso, Stop. I don’t think we should go inside, dear.

Hanso, he retorted firmly. I don’t like the looks of the decrepit building, myself. Could be collapsed on top of anyone inside. The Gallade and the Gardevoir had halted, standing near each other now as the rest of the group paused before the doors ahead of them.

It’s not that. I know Auron’s in there, but…I’m not sure I sense Penance—excuse me, Paradox, anywhere in there.

Just then, a flicker of light indicated that another psychic had teleported in. “This Paradox is no pushover,” Brynn said quietly, supporting herself on a walking stick in one hand. “He has all the psychics rooted to himself. We can’t break free ourselves.” The Gardevoir paused, blinking at the oddly-tinted Gallade who winked back. “And who might you be?”

“Varren, of course,” the Gallade answered, giving Brynn a mock-bow. “Your dear brother is rather tired, what with the drains he stumbled into. He needs to work on that, but in the meantime, I’m moving him around.”

Genevieve cocked her head slightly, evaluating the shorter Gardevoir. She seemed familiar, for some reason…

Brynn sighed. “I did check the citizens’ connections after a bit,” she continued, hardly fazed by Varren. “They should be getting the word to drop it now, but I can’t guarantee how many will listen to what I said.”

Shaking her head slightly, Genevieve said, “Your brother and I have been working on something since we cut our line with you. I assume you brought it.”

Brynn nodded in reply. “One moment…” Her eyes closed as she concentrated, firing a protected package at Hanso’s mind before cutting the brief connection. “Paradox shouldn’t find it easy to read anything I do, but I’d rather take as few chances as possible.”

The Gallade was silent for a few seconds before Varren’s grin grew a bit wider. “So that’s how you plan to do it. Hehehe…I could be helping with that, you know.”

Standing nearby, Genevieve’s attention had returned to the Citadel in the near distance, into which the Gold Tribe was walking. She was silent, partly because they were still working on something in their mental work-room, but her other thoughts drifted to her own future. “…Give it to me.”

What? The Gallade turned to face Genevieve, Varren smothering a chuckle with one hand. Brynn raised her eyebrows in response. “You realize what you’re asking?” the short Gardevoir asked, a small smile appearing.

“I do.” Genevieve stared at the Gallade until Hanso relented and gave her the mental package. “Besides, the more of us who know it, the better.”
Old October 1st, 2013, 06:26 PM
Fort PokePower
Muffins forever

Nature: Quirky
Daricka "Wildfire" Cambar

Daricka had stopped momentarily when they reached the Citadel and raised her head for a short glance at the building before following the others inside. Memories flowed through her head as she took in the decrepit yet still familiar surroundings they were now walking through.

Observing the Citadel from a distance with young curiosity as a Chimchar, still on her own in the streets of Gold City.

The occasions when she would accompany Darius to the Citadel after he took her in, yet never going far beyond the doors.

Entering the Citadel for the first time after graduating from H.A.S. and becoming a member of the Gold Tribe herself, Darius proud at her side.

Abandoning the Citadel to the Silver Tribe, leaving Darius dead on the battlefield.

Now she was back for revenge on the one who now occupied this tower - revenge for Darius, revenge for her brothers and sisters who had fallen to the Silver Tribe, and revenge for the citizens of Valkaria who had suffered under Auron's reign. Her flames flickered fiercely as righteous anger and adrenaline rushed through her.

Finally, they reached the main chamber. The doors swung open, and the enemy was revealed. Even Daricka was taken aback by the transformed Haxorus, though she didn't give way and her fierce glare only hardened even more.

The battle began with a powerful Earthquake that knocked Daricka off balance, though her tail saving her from falling over. Feeling the ground crumbling beneath her feet, she quickly leaped to more solid ground. Rather then launching off attacks with the rest, she retreated to a corner of the room. Shortly, her body glowed with the effects of Calm Mind and she felt her power rising; she'd take these first moments to give herself as much attack strength as possible. If she intended to give her all, and possibly fight to the death, she was damn well going to leave a few good marks before she went down; if she didn't go all out now, she wouldn't have the chance to get those strikes in. When she reached the point where she could no longer continue the Calm Mind, she released herself from the meditation. Immediately afterward, her flames roared down and around her body, cloaking in black flames. If the Life Flames drained every last drop of life from her, so be it; as long as this final battle was a victory, her life no longer mattered.

She moved just in time; it seemed she had been in meditation longer than she had thought, and now she was just barely able to run from a malicious Hyper Beam that tore through anything it touched. Nothing more than a brief flicker of dark flames, the Infernape rounded about Auron. She skidded to a stop once she was behind him, her hands already to either side and forming a pair of Focus Blasts. She willed her flames into them, the result being two whirling spheres of energy and black flame, and bursting with the energy Calm Mind had granted her. She flung both spheres at Auron; not just at him in general, but aiming directly for his legs. She didn't remain in place afterwards, rather moving swiftly again to keep away from the destructive Hyper Beam and keeping wary of a counter while observing what impact her attack would have.

Roleplays I am in:
Sekirei: Wings of Fate (OOC/IC) as Fia and Akira Takako
Fire Emblem: The Rift War (OOC) as Adina Maralyn
Pokemon Odyssey: Search For Cresselia (OOC/IC) as Kaveri "Jetstream" Vian
One Piece: The Golden Age (OOC/IC) as Anahita Z. Firenze

Roleplays I GM:
None yet, but Fargona is soon to come!
Old October 2nd, 2013, 12:31 AM
SV
Moshi Moshi?

Silver City

The Hyper Beam tore through anything it touched. Stone, brick, metal, marble. All crumbled as it made contact with the beam, and Zane could have only imagined what it would have done if it hit any of them. Although, he wouldn't have to imagine much longer it seemed. The Gold Tribe were scampering about the room, trying to avoid the dark beam of energy while also simultaneously trying to prepare for their own counterattacks, though most of them didn't seem to have the time to do so.

Zane noticed Wildfire prepping for her own counterattack, so he decided to try to focus Auron's attack more on him. His body the color that it was, the Haxorus would probably find it a pretty prominent target, and he was right, as the Haxorus focused his lazer-like Hyper Beam right at the Bisharp when he went in front of his vision. Zane tried his best to keep away, though even with his proficient speed, he couldn't hope to outrun a blast. And with a quick stumble upon some rubble with his feet to slow him down, it was all it took for the Hyper Beam to fully catch up and strike his side. The beam burned and seered through his skin, but Zane couldn't even let out a groan or shriek of pain before the shockwave of the blast swept him off his feet and carried him to the opposite side of the room. He collided hard on the ground, clutching his side, which was bleeding now.

But the Hyper Beam didn't stop there. It soon found its way to Sword and Shield, who took a direct hit to the chest and fell off his feet, and then nearly reached Guardia too. Had it not been for Wildfire's interference in striking at the Haxorus' legs, she too would have been hit. Luckily, the Infernape came through and managed to disrupt the continuous Hyper Beam finally, hitting him on his legs, which shook from the two mighty enflamed Focus Blasts. Auron felt the sting of pain penetrate his legs and travel to his brain to register. He fell to one knee for only a moment, before standing up, and turning toward Wildfire.

A mighty roar escaped his mouth, and at that moment the below escaped his mouth, dark energy formed around him and permeated his skin. What was once a yellow-green body had been darkened to more of a deep, blackish green. His eyes were purple, like so many had worn before him. Pulses of dark energy literally flowed out of the beast, disrupting the ground around him, and sending shockwaves of energy throughout the room. If it was possible to become even stronger than he already was, Auron had done so.

In a swift movement, Auron went on the attack again. He opened his mouth, launching a purplish-black Dragon Pulse from it, which targeted the Infernape who had struck him before. Auron continued his attack before checking on the status of his first hit. He glared across the room at the Snorlax Sword and Shield, who began standing as he recovered from the Hyper Beam. The Haxorus gave him no breaks, charging at him with all of his ferocity and collided into him with a Giga Impact. If any recoil was sent back the Dragon's way, he certainly showed no signs of it. On his right, the two Lilligant Gold Tribe members desperately tried preparing for an attack, only to find them quickly being fired upon by a dark Dragonbreath, which seared and sizzled through the air, cooking the atmosphere around the two before it finally reached them just as they tried to escape. Their screams through the black fire were signs of the attack's successful hit, covering the area in the brilliant darkness.

Auron gathered more energy around him just as he released the attack, and quickly prepped another one so the others could join in their fate. Another Dragonbreath burst through his mouth and targeted the other Pokemon around; the Sableye, Jolteon, Zangoose, Sawk, Scizor, the Salamences, Blaziken, and all the rest. Zane didn't think anyone in the world could produce this mass amount of power. He was dead wrong.

Old October 2nd, 2013, 12:09 PM
Ray Maverick
Community Supporter

Bloodthirster

Ragnaros saw the dark energy coming off of Auron's body, just as the Hyper Beam's dull purple light went off. The dragonbreaths Auron begun shooting afterwards were dark in color and powerful beyond imagining. They seared everything in their path, along with the air itself. Is that the Silver Crystal's power? What kind of force is this?

There was a sharp pain where Auron's claws had made contact. It made him grit his jaws, but he had learned to suppress the feeling. He glanced around to see his allies try to dodge these unnatural, black flames, then focused back on his opponent, seeing the dark sparks of energy gathering around him. "We're close," Ragnaros roared then kicked the ground to gain height. The Salamence was engulfed in the flames of the Dragon Rush, his eyes glowing with power. Instead of charging in, he opened his mouth just as the next dragonbreath came up to him and released his own bright white Hyper Beam, the dragonfire of the Dragon Rush infused into it, giving it red and blue hues. He kept the beam up for as long as he could, hoping he would give time for the others to attack.

Old October 6th, 2013, 07:14 AM
Xilfer
Control.
Community Supporter

Blackguard, Paradox, Varren/Hanso, Brynn, and Genevieve in... RUMBLE BLAST
Silver City

Paradox smiled to himself when his ally left and so he decided to do a bit of... shopping for himself. He went past building after building until he found what he needed. He held out a hand and blew the barricaded doors off their hinges, smirking when he heard a scream from the other side. He walked on in, noticing several Pokemon cowering against the walls of the library with one rather unfortunate Pokemon having been smashed against the wall thanks to the heavy weight of the wooden doors.

The Golduck walked over to a set of bookcases and began to browse. Well, the Dark One had his orders, and for now the best way to not die of boredom would be by reading a book or two. Finally he paused in the medical section and pulled out a book. "Hm... Pokemon anatomy... should be a fun read." The Golduck pulled over a chair and lifted his two feet up on the table. He began to idly flip through the page, chuckling as he saw each page was dedicated to a different Pokemon and showed off skeletons, muscles and such.

All the while he could sense what Blackguard was doing and he glanced around at the area. The Pokemon had been rather stupid in not running when they could, so he got up and approached a rather whimpery Gloom. "Ah.... Gloom." He flipped through the pages and pointed down on a page, "Let's see.... your plant top is rather easy to break off I see! Just by cutting a few strands here and there it can be pulled off! Now... let's see." Paradox smirked as the grass type suddenly found the courage to run, but it didn't get far as Paradox pulled it right back to levitated in front of him, "Hm..." He let one hand go forth and slice along the flesh as the Gloom broke out in screams. He quickly broke into pleas for mercy, but Paradox continued to slice until the poofy part of his upper body was cut free.

The Gloom fell and twitched on the floor as Paradox looked at the plant part, "Interesting. This book isn't half bad." He glanced down at the dead plant and threw the top off to the side, "Not bad at all." At that moment he heard Blackguard's voice and smirked, Now? Fine then, get here soon... after we do this I may just want to go and get some blood on these claws. I haven't really properly used this body against a Gold Tribe member yet. They can't be that hard to kill.

He felt out with his psychic senses and although he noticed a large amount of activity around the area Auron was at, he did notice some life energy further away, outside of that building in fact. Due to his earlier romp with Hanso he could easily pick out with energy was his, and... someone else was here that wasn't supposed to be here. Paradox chuckled at the familiar energy and began readying two Water Bombs in his hands. He focused on the area and teleported away... to appear right in front of Brynn herself.

"Hello darling, I do hate surprises." He pointed both hands at her and shot off his concentrated Water Bombs at point blank range, also readying a Disable should she try and port away or try and block the attack.

At the same time that Brynn attempted to port away, two whips of shadow flew out and snared the Golduck's arms, pulling them away as the Water Bombs were fired. The Gardevoir fell back as one clipped her, even as a hand rose and began forming ice around Paradox's hands. The Gallade was already grabbing Genevieve's shoulder and porting to Brynn's side, leaving the Water Bombs to pass through empty air.

Genevieve, meanwhile, had been charging up an Energy Ball, infusing it with a Thunderbolt. After the 'port, she fired the attack at Paradox while Varren 'ported away with Brynn to the top of a nearby building where they could see the Golduck.

Paradox chuckled as his hands were encased with ice. Perfect. He watched as the Gallade and Gardevoir ported away, but there was still one Gardevoir here....

He felt the Energy Ball being charged up and at the last moment Paradox ported away to appear right behind the Gardevoir. His eyes flashed as he held out his two hands and the ice shattered and quickly was cut into sharp edges. He wasted no time in throwing half of the shards right at the Gardevoir's chest, more specifically to aim at her heart. The others flew right at the back of her neck to pierce into her throat.

His eyes glittered as he waited for retaliation or a port, with yet another Disable ready. This had GOT to work! The Gold Tribe couldn't be so good as to avoid this!

The Golduck's teleport had been a bit of a surprise for the twins; the first few spears of shadow and ice were then striking the ground where Paradox had been. Varren had already redirected his barrage while Brynn concentrated her energy.

Genevieve had turned and attempted to push away the shards of ice with a wave of Psychic energy, but it didn't happen. Instead, the shards approached through a haze of...psychic energy. Before she knew it, Genevieve was on the rooftop beside the Gallade.

Brynn already had a Protect up the moment the Ally Switch was done. She fired a Psychic pulse at Paradox as the Protect fell and the Gallade reappeared. Varren let loose a brief barrage of shadow needles while grabbing Brynn's arm with one hand and 'porting back to the rooftop. "D***, I like this reaction time," Varren mused, beginning to charge a Future Sight attack.

Paradox frowned at his ice shards only shot against a protective barrier and he lowered his hands, a bit more wary now of his opponents. He had thought that with this body he could have at least been faster than Blackguard, but it seemed it was a miscalculation on his part. Then the psychic pulse hit him which only caused Paradox to chuckle, "Gee, that tickles." Though when the shadow needles hit him, they still did less damage to Paradox. The Golduck smirked up at the three psychics and spread his arms, "What did you think Varren? That a being of darkness wouldn't be resistant to dark type attacks?"

He levitated the book up and quickly scanned it, "Hm... you know that Gallade body of yours is quite... weak to say the least. Let's see... oh dear, those arms of yours are mainly bone are they? Makes sense I suppose, bone with nerve endings. Interesting. But... they don't have to be for long." The Golduck looked up with glittering eyes.

"You see.... you are a creature of Darkness Varren, one that can fit in this new awakened world we wish to create. You know that the Gold Tribe will perish here, that is a fact. The longer you try and deny that fact, the more likely you are to die in battle no?" The Golduck spread his arms a bit more, "Why fight against destiny? Why fight against the darkness inside of everyone? You see... being allied with the darkness has its privileges you know. Powers complimenting your own even!"

The orb of energy in the Gallade's hand slowed to a halt as Varren listened, interested in what Paradox was saying. Genevieve had stopped as well, the electricity in one arm sparking out. Only Brynn continued to charge up a Psychic pulse infused with ice. You're not actually listening to him, are you, Varren? Hanso asked.

Why not? Varren grinned, tossing his orb between his hands. It would certainly mean less effort, disposable hero. "Interesting offer," he said aloud for Paradox's benefit, finally releasing the charged Future Sight orb into the air, where it promptly disappeared from sight. "You make it sound like I don't have to be stuck with bony-boy here."

"I remember you now," Genevieve said suddenly, quiet so that Paradox wouldn't hear as she stared at the altered Gallade. "Only, you were supposed to be stuck inside Sovereign's head." Brynn kept her eyes on Paradox, but one hand slowly pointed at the roof beneath Varren's feet, where ice began to form.

Paradox smirked, "Indeed, that's because a... friend is bringing a package you can say." Paradox slowly began to walk about, "Of course, it'll be something strong against them, but weak against us. It would be quite idiotic on our parts if we gave you a super powered body only to be betrayed by you, no? Instead think of it as a reward system. You prove your worth to us, you get a better body, gradually rising up until you're something akin to family."

The Golduck clasped his hands together, "But I can assure you of this, the body we'll give to you is far stronger than that body you possess right now, and it has an empty mind too! No fighting against the host when you just want to have fun! You'll be the only guy in there and you'll have one hundred percent full control over every action you perform. Of course going against us would mean instant death from your stand point." Paradox said with a brief shrug, "But think of it! Once Auron conquers everything we'll be able to give you a lifetime of bodies. Who knows? Maybe it'll become tradition that worthy slaves have to fight each other in order to show how strong they are and the ones you like become your new bodies... right after we erase that pesky mind of theirs first of course."

The water type chuckled, "So... what do you say? I know as a fact right now Hanso is far too weak to try and fight back, but how long will that last? How long before those two psychics over there help him seal you in some room you'll never escape from? How soon before every single sense is cut off and you're nothing but a black blob that will never see the light of day again?" He giggled, "If I know Hanso how Penance knows him, that would be what he's planning for you right now. Either that or how to kill you permanently."

"And I know him even better," Varren muttered, still grinning. He didn't seem to mind that ice had crept a few inches up his legs from the roof. Yes, this Paradox was a good reader, but he didn't have the privilege of seeing precisely what was going on inside Hanso's head. For example, the Golduck couldn't hear Hanso. Oh, do calm down, would you? Kinda hard to think when you're screaming at me, boy. Why have you been so mad lately, anyway? Varren's arms were crossed with one hand raised to rest his chin against, considering the offer.

"He could be stalling," Genevieve said to Brynn, her voice low. "Even if Varren didn't accept, Paradox might be buying time for something." Her arm was beginning to crackle with electricity again.

The shorter Gardevoir only shrugged, her ice having reached the Gallade's knees. The Disable was moments away from wearing off, she could tell. Problem there was, Paradox could just track their minds to anywhere inside Silver City that they 'ported to.

Hanso calmed down enough to say, I can't lie to you, Varren. You know exactly what I think.

Bingo, we have a winner. Bonus prize if the lucky boy also knows what I think.

The water type looked up with a smirk at Varren, "You know what? My cohort will be here very shortly. We even got a nice looking body for you, hehe. In fact, you could test drive it and pilot it around here and there. Let's see... five, four, three, two, one... and there he is!" Penance pointed up with a smirk at the black mass incoming, "Get ready for a treat."

The black mass suddenly stopped flying, and began falling to the ground. As he got closer, it was apparent that the creature had a powerful form, and was much larger than it had seemed high above. It also seemed as if it was holding something in its hand, though it was unclear what it was before it crashed into a nearby house, causing it to collapse to the ground.

As rubble and wood rained down on him, Blackguard stood stoically where the house once had, seemingly unaffected by the fall. He was surrounded by a large crater. Using one hand to protect the Lucario in the other from the debris, he scanned the scene. It seemed Paradox was well underway with the plan already.

"Hello again, Hanso," Blackguard turned to the blackened Gallade, "or... not Hanso. Varren, was it? I have a little present for you."

Blackguard tossed the Lucario onto the ground for Varren to see plainly. The empty body seemed totally unscarred and in excellent shape, despite the fact that it had once belonged to a veteran Gold Tribesman.

It took Genevieve a moment to register what the newcomer was, then another to begin readying an Energy Ball in her free hand. Brynn's orb of ice and psychic energy was still churning beside her, gradually building up.

They're pretty much offering to enslave you, Hanso warned, but Varren was giving the Lucario a look-over. From a distance, anyway; his legs were still trapped in ice.

"Let's see...." The Golduck flipped open a book and smirked, "Ah, metal underneath the skin! Better and more resilient than bones! The ability to use aura and keen in on life forms even when blind! Interesting... oh, and it seems you can form aura into different shapes such as staves and shields... interesting again." He looked up at the Gallade, "Not a bad offer eh?"

"Nope," Varren replied, rubbing his chin. After a moment, he turned his torso toward Brynn. "Do you mind?" Before she could stop him, the Gallade had lassoed her pulse and pulled it toward himself. "Hehe, thanks!" Impossibly, at least as far as Hanso knew, Varren infused it with a swirl of Dark energy before making the whole thing disappear. Hm, maybe it takes two to fire two Future Sights in a row, no?

"You are not," Genevieve hissed, raising her hand to fire a Thunderbolt at the Gallade. Varren made a fist of shadow that shaped itself around her electrified arm, forcing the Thunderbolt to break against his encased legs. Though he winced, the ice shattered. Before Genevieve could release her Energy Ball, Varren fired large staples of shadow that forced her down to the rooftop, sending the Energy Ball flying wild.

"Rather natural reflex to want to stay alive, y'know," Varren taunted, his grin widening. Brynn remained where she was, oddly not doing anything to stop the Gallade. Just a few more seconds...

Paradox winked over at Blackguard, "I think he'll need a tad bit of help ya know." He glanced over at Brynn and I have the perfect candidate. With that he grabbed onto Blackguard and in one instant ported away, only to reappear behind the Gardevoir and grabbed her with his free hand, porting yet again, this time to another part of the city. "Hehe, that disable is almost done, time to finish you before it ends!"

Blackguard didn't hesitate; as soon as they had been ported away from their previous location, he extended a hand and grabbed Brynn, holding her feeble body tightly so she couldn't escape. Then, he launched her into the air and threw a powerful Shadow Punch her way, launching her in Paradox's direction.

As the Shadow Punch flew at her, Brynn formed a Protective barrier around herself to deflect it. The momentum still carried her toward Paradox. Two...one...now. The Gardevoir blinked out of sight, reappearing across the street from Varren and Genevieve.

As she reappeared so did Paradox right behind her. He already held out a hand and shot out a psychic pulse of energy to shoot her out into the air. Funny thing about this was that with Paradox knowing her location, so would Blackguard. And with his link to her mind he was ready to cast out a Disable should she try and port again. It was full proof, but showing a demonstration of power was necessary now.

Blackguard was quick on the spot. As Paradox and Brynn disappeared, he rocketed into the air, locating them near Varren and Genevieve, and zooming to their location. Faster than a 'mon his size should have been able to, he was on the scene, and as he saw Brynn flying through the air, he landed in the spot where he estimated she would land. Quickly, he extended an arm, firing a powerful blast from it which would send her flying back.

There was no running. At least the others were nearby. As she flew through the air toward Blackguard, Brynn attempted an Ally Switch with one of the other psychics. It was canceled out by Paradox's Disable, of course. As she'd intended. The Gardevoir fired her own psychic blast at the Golurk, backing it with orbs of Ice energy, several of which aimed at Blackguard's face.

Blackguard reacted quickly, extending both of his arms this time and using one to create a smokescreen of green flames. From inside the fire he generated, Blackguard managed to dodge the psychic blast, and the orbs of Ice energy melted as soon as they touched the flames, though one barely made it through and hit Blackguard in the chest, causing a little frosting to form over his seal. No biggie.

The flames dissipated just in time, as Brynn came zooming at Blackguard. He grabbed his right arm with his left, and swung it over his shoulder as if it was a baseball bat, readying a Hammer Arm. As the ball was in range, Blackguard swung full force.

"It's a home run!" Blackguard shouted at Paradox, a smirk across the Golurk's face as Brynn went flying back towards him.

In a detached manner, Brynn observed that she most likely wouldn't be able to walk at all if she were allowed to. Forcing through the pain during the first two seconds of flight, she managed to turn herself around to face Paradox full-on. The Disable had hit her Ally Switch, so...

As she neared him, Brynn concentrated and blinked out, appearing in the air behind Blackguard. The momentum of her flight carried her into the Golurk's back, where her arms froze themselves onto him wherever they hit. As a Protective sphere formed around the pair, with several shards of ice and psychic energy working to pierce as much of Blackguard as they could, Brynn began muttering silent words.

Varren had been watching the whole show from the sidelines, where more shadow-formed shackles kept Genevieve from moving or attacking. He let loose a whistle. "Working overtime, ain't she? But hey, Miss Affiliate is Gold Tribe caliber, after all." After waiting a moment, Varren raised his eyebrows. "What, got nothing to say, hero-boy? Not when we'd just watched your dear sister fly through the air like a ball?"

Hanso could only watch in silence. It pained him to watch the Sentinels toss his twin around, more so that he wasn't able to help her.

From her position on the rooftop, Genevieve couldn't see much of the battle. The Disable on her had worn off, but that wasn't much help right now. Turning her head to face the Gallade, she said sweetly, "I'm sure it's riveting, but you've been up for a while. Why don't you take a nap now?"

"A nap?" Varren turned to face Genevieve, and his eyes locked onto her as her eyes glowed a hypnotic red. "Ah, no, not time..." He shook his head, trying to keep his eyelids from drooping. "Need to...oh, sh--" Varren dropped to the ground; in moments, he was snoozing quietly. Genevieve was already giving her shackles zaps of electricity, gradually freeing herself while the Sentinels were occupied elsewhere. The Siren wasn't usually this blunt about things...

"You are rather annoying, aren't you, Brynnie?" Blackguard mused, as he tried to shake the Gardevoir off of him. "Here we are, trying to have a nice game of softball, and you have to ruin everything!"

As he said this, Blackguard slammed his back, on which the Gardevoir was stuck, against the protective barrier she'd formed around them, causing her a considerable amount of pain. Using his jets, he propelled himself towards the barrier, slamming himself and the Gardevoir onto it powerfully again and again. He tried to ignore the pain, but as the attacks piled up the itch on his back was turning into more of a bruise.

"Enough of this!"

Blackguard began pouring green flames out of his arms. So many flames whipped around the two that the powerful frosting formed on Blackguard's back and chest began to melt, and no doubt Brynn would soon gain a variety of burns across her body. The flames were not able to bypass the protective barrier, causing them to stay trapped in the small area, effectively bathing the two in flames.

"If you don't stop now, you'll end up being Roast Gardevoir, my dear," Blackguard mocked, totally unaffected by his own flames.

At the same time Brynn was assaulting Blackguard Paradox simply stared at the preceding. Keep her busy. I have something to attend to

In a flash Penance ported away, only to reappear within the town square. He felt the life force around him... so sensitive but also rich. It was what he needed. He held out a hand and reached out with his psychic senses to grip onto the various citizens close by and at once did what he had done to Hanso, drain their energy. He grinned as they quickly began to fall. Unlike Hanso they didn't have that much protection against his drain attack, but it was needed. He would need to have a good reserve of energy to do what needed to be done. He counted at least a good twenty lives lost before he stopped.

He smirked as he sent out a message through the link he had with all of the psychics, Welcome to Chaos With that he sent out a burst of chaotic energy to all tied to him, and thus to all tied to them. He could her the psychics cry out as the chaotic energy assaulted their minds, and their cries were sweet music to his ears. He idly wondered how Brynn would take it, but there was enough time later to think about that. He glanced over at the building Auron resided in and ported over to another building some distance away.

He smirked as he held up a hand and began to form a black ball in it. He lifted up his arms over his head as the ball began to grow. That extra energy he had siphoned was now being pumped into the black mass, fueling it with chaotic energies. All he needed was a bit of time, and he was sure that Blackguard would give him that time. Cover me Blackguard. Forget about Brynn. She'll be one of us soon enough.

As Brynn continued to mutter and her attack dug in, a different form of psychic energy began to dig in, reaching through the ice and psychic shards and into Blackguard. This incantation would theoretically separate the Chaotic monster from any remnants of the previous tenant that were left. Being slammed against the barrier, then being burned severely, both slowed and hastened her efforts.

Finally, the Gardevoir's voice rose as she said the last words of the incantation. She finally replied to Blackguard: "I never expected to live through this." At that moment, Brynn's mind was hit by the burst of chaotic energy, and she cried out in agony. And yet, as the barrier dissipated, she only needed to die, or drag Blackguard into a new vessel, an inanimate one. The flames and crushing had done a nice job of pushing her to death's door.

Her last words echoed with power. "And now, your Destiny is Bound to mine."

Genevieve was standing and brushing herself off when she heard the words. "Hm, now to finish it with certainty," she said casually to the sleeping Gallade, walking to the edge of the roof while charging a Shadow Ball and an Energy Ball. The Golurk wasn't too far off; Genevieve raised her hands and took careful aim, releasing her attacks at the Gardevoir frozen to Blackguard's back.

Blackguard turned around swiftly, taking the hits of the Shadow and Energy Balls straight to the chest. For a moment, he was confused, but he soon processed what had happened. In an instant, his goal was changed from killing this annoying Gardevoir to protecting her. Since she was frozen to his back and currently almost on the brink of death, all he could do was fend off the other incoming Gardevoir, who would try at all costs to destroy Brynn and, therefore, Blackguard.

"Come at me!" Blackguard taunted, activating his jets and speeding off into the sky. He'd like to see her come after him after he'd surpassed the clouds. Under the cover of said clouds, however, he reached at his back and began chipping at the ice that attached Brynn to his back, eventually managing to break her free. Catching her mid-fall, he took a good long look at her.

Her body was changing. Slowly but surely, it became more and more black in coloration as Paradox's corruption began taking effect. Soon, she would be on his side and also totally rejuvenated, but that might take a while considering the Gardevoir most likely had powerful mental defenses. In the meantime, he had to keep her safe, at least until he could do something about this Destiny Bond.

Paradox smiled all the while. The drama with Brynn and Genevieve was keeping the heat off of him. Perfect. Since his energy wasn't being pushed into energy ball he was making he could be more reckless and shove all of that life energy he had siphoned from the citizens and pumped everything to the last drop into his ball. In a flash he had teleported to another rooftop and the ball was absorbed into the Golduck's hands as they glowed and let off a black aura.

He smirked and held both hands together as the black aura grew more and more and finally he pushed out his hands toward the building Auron and the Gold Tribe were currently fighting in. A large black chaotic beam shot out right toward the building as he burst into laughter, "The Gold Tribe will be destroyed!" He cried out gleefully.

What to do now? Genevieve watched as the Golurk rose into the sky, where she couldn't follow. Blackguard hadn't seemed too worried that he was Bound to Brynn; no doubt he was going to do something about that if he got the time. Neither Genevieve nor Hanso could fly... The Gardevoir smiled as she turned back to the Gallade's body, both delighted and revolted as differing opinions beset her. The Siren relished the idea, but Genevieve felt sick at the way the Siren acted, talked, thought. Who was she?

Genevieve shook her head and shoved that train of thought to the side. There was no time for a nervous breakdown. "Time to help out, dear," she said softly, sitting down and tucking her legs beneath her. How the three of them had ended up with no one else around to help, she wasn't sure. Her eyes glowing a hypnotic red again, Genevieve searched for Blackguard's mind, without connecting, of course.

The Gallade's body twitched a few times before slowly sitting up, breathing even and eyes closed. If only there was someone to watch over Genevieve while she did this. Controlling another's body through Hypnosis was nothing to sneeze at. Keeping the Gallade on standby, Genevieve took a few moments to lay a few psychic sensors and traps around them.

~~~~~

The mansion around her was a mottle of ice, fire, smashed pieces, and corruption. Brynn ignored the rooms, doors, stairways that were being demolished by the first three. It was the corruption that had her attention. Despite all of her mental defenses and what little Brynn could actively contribute to fighting it, it was gradually working its way on. What would happen first? Death or corruption?

~~~~~

Under the same cloud cover, the Gallade quietly appeared, forming a platform of shadow energy beneath himself to stand on. Immediately, illusionary copies of the same appeared in a rough sphere around where the minds of Blackguard and Brynn were, differing in distance from a few feet away to several yards. Some were harder to see due to the clouds.

Orbs of Dark energy began appearing and flying through the air, coming two or three at a time as they flew in at Blackguard and the limp Gardevoir from different directions.

This was bad. The battle was no longer in Blackguard's favor, and the dark orbs coming straight at him did nothing to change that. At first, he thought he might be able to absorb these attacks, but he soon realized they weren't so much darkness as they were psychic energy, so he was forced to avoid them. He quickly shot up out of the clouds, but to his surprise the orbs began following him. He held Brynn's unconscious form close as they homed in on him, the first two crashing against his back, where injuries were already present.

In an effort to avoid the rest of the oncoming projectiles, Blackguard dove back into the clouds, zooming through the fog until he saw the ground, where Genevieve sat. It didn't take him long to figure out what she was doing; he knew that Varren would never do something like by his own free will. The plan was simple: destroy Genevieve, keep Brynn safe. But in this state, he wouldn't be able to do it on his own.

Now that Blackguard was below the cloud cover, there was a clear view of him and the Gardevoir he carried. Though the Dark orbs were real enough, the Gallades inside the clouds were a result of Double Team, every single one. The real Gallade was standing on a shadow-platform about midway between Genevieve and the bottom of the clouds, two spears of Dark energy at the ready.

The moment the Golurk appeared, Genevieve nudged something in the Gallade's mind. He responded by firing the spears, which came from two fairly different directions. At the same time, there were the few remaining Dark orbs that came out of the clouds. The final dose was the second Future Sight Varren had released before. The combined orb of ice, psychic, and dark energy came from yet another direction, aimed specifically at Brynn herself.

"Paradox, help needed here. Got any spare energy?"

So, the strong Blackguard needs some energy then eh? So, I'm the caretaker now huh? Was bound to happen eventually. Just need a moment here... The Golduck glanced back at the building he was blasting and then allowed the beam to move about a bit, just to cause some walls to collapse and his beam to potentially hit some Gold Tribe members. He paused the beam then to glance up at where the large Golurk was. He closed his eyes and in an instant teleported up to land on his back.

He slapped a hand to the Golurk's back and began to feed him the rest of the energy he had siphoned. "Surely I won't have to do this twice, will I?" He asked. "Though, let's see, a Gardevoir is alone on the ground. This should be entertaining. For now let's get a shield up and block those incoming attacks." The Golduck held out a hand as a chaotic shield appeared around the two. The spears that hit the shield barely did anything and the dark orbs too didn't seem to scratch it, probably because such dark energy couldn't be affected by other dark energy. The Future Sight however did cause a bit of the shield to crack, and thus forcing Paradox to dig into his own reserves to help the shield recover. The power of the ice and psychic energy also caused a bit of wear on the shield and Paradox once more pumped power into the barrier, albeit begrudgingly.

At that same moment the ground near Genevieve's feet rumbled. It was only a small tremor at first, but then a far more violent shudder happened, and then the ground broke apart. The corrupted Sandslash known as Ironhide jumped out as the area shook violently and the ground began to collapse around the Gardevoir. It was only a quick leap into the air before he used his claws to burrow under the ground once more and cause even more tremors to happen in the immediate area.

"HeheheheheHAHAHAHAHAHA!" Blackguard laughed maniacally as he felt the beautiful energy fill his body, rejuvenating him. Suddenly, all of his injuries disappeared, and his speed increased dramatically as he made his way towards the hypnotized Gallade below. Holding Brynn against his chest, he transferred some of his gained energy to her, in order to keep her from dying, but not enough so that she'd be able to awaken or fight back.

"Paradox!" Blackguard shouted, looking back at the Golduck on his back. "Take Brynn to a safe location, don't kill her and don't let anyone else do so either!" He passed the unconscious Gardevoir to the Golduck and they ported away.
Old October 6th, 2013, 10:14 AM
SV
Moshi Moshi?

Silver City

Bloodthirster's Hyper Beam collided with Auron's Dragonbreath, but even at the moment of impact, it was obviously the Haxorus unleashed the more powerful attack. However, it did give the rest of the Gold tribe precious seconds to try and counterattack. Zane, clutching his side, stepped forward and ran around the Haxorus towards his back. Gallant and Guardia joined him. The three attacked Auron on his back, Zane with a Night Slash, Guardia with a Crush Claw and Gallant with a Hi Jump Kick. The three attacks hit simultaneously, striking across his back and on attack on the back of his knee. Auron grunted and gritted his teeth, shaking a bit, but did not push down. He forced a wave of the Dragonbreath backward to the three, which knocked them off their feet.

The Dragonbreah pushed forward, now closing in on Bloodthirser's Hyper Beam. Zane struggled, but got up again, his body reacting purely on adrenaline and sheer will. Sword and Shield joined them too, a large burnt spot on his chest not deterring him. The four Gold Tribe moved again, three hitting with the same attacks while Sword and Shield struck with a Wild Charge. Again, Auron struggled for a moment, but again he forced the four back, and pushed the Dragonbreath almost on the brink of Bloodthirster's Hyper Beam. Zane got up slower than the other times, and the rest, despite their numerous injuries and aching bones, joined him. Now Dryad and the Cleric assisted as well, who Zane noticed were heavily burnt by the black Dragonbreath which they were hit by earlier. All together, the Gold Tribe struck at the back of Auron, their combined efforts finally enough to bring the Haxorus to one knee, and to disrupt his Dragonbreath. The Hyper Beam quickly shot through the air and landed a direct hit to the front of Auron, and launched him to the side of the building. And unlike before, he didn't immediately rise again. It seemed, finally, that Auron was beginning to falter.

Auron finally rose, though shakily, as he looked upon his enemies from afar. The shaking which he did as he stood showed Zane that he was hurt. Their efforts were slowly paying off. The Pokemon with the reputation of being unable to be killed had taken one step closer to that path! But when a large shadow began looming over the main chamber of the Citadel, Zane felt that confidence slowly dissipate. He tried to see the source of the darkening, and when his eyes shot outside, he saw the large ball of chaos which now began colliding with the Citadel. It came quickly, shooting through anything that got in its way. His eyes opened wide, being unable at this point to probably do anything necessary to escape the power.

Auron, however, made no attempt to escape it. As the ball passed him, energy did not affect him negatively. In fact, the large ball seemed to fuel him. Dark energy flowed all across him, and inside of him, and the Haxorus willingly accepted it as mass amounts continued to flow in from the ball. Zane could briefly see Auron's skin getting darker, and his eyes growing pure black, before the smoke and chaos engulfed the entire area, disrupting Zane's line of vision. The chaos ball didn't stop there. Part of it was targeted to assist Auron, but the rest now made its way toward the Gold Tribe and their allies.

Some of the others tried to launch attacks at this oncoming darkness. Sword and Shield lifted his arms and brought down a wave of Surf on it, which didn't seem to affect it much other than to hold it back for a moment before it pressed on. Gallant tried to launch a Focus Blast at it while the Lilligant pair both struck energy balls at it. Still, it continued forward, with no signs of being able to be stopped.

Stand together! A voice permeated Zane's skull. Use it! The voice said. Zane looked down across his chest, where the Gold Crystal still remained. There was no running. Zane had made up his mind on that. He planted his feet firmly on the ground, calling to the others.

"Everyone, to me! Gather around!" He yelled as the chaos ball was just about to come upon them. It burst through the main chamber, tearing anything else that would have got in its way. Only one final group of Pokemon remained. Zane took the Gold Crystal off of his neck and held it forward to the chaos. The other Pokemon looked on, expecting something to happen. The large ball of darkness continued to them. It appeared in Zane to go in slow motion, but in reality it didn't seem to slow down at all. But this appearance made him all the more frightened as it shot closer and closer. Still, nothing. Desperate, the other Pokemon shot last second attacks to try and stop the incoming ball, but their efforts were in vain. Nothing stopped it, it seemed.

"Are you afraid?" A voice asked Zane. It took Zane a moment to see their entire journey flash before his eyes, the ball now moments away from the Gold Crystal in front of him. But he responded now, and he did so out loud.

"Yes."

"Don't be. After all..."

The voice didn't finish what it was saying, but a few inches before the darkness had touched the Gold Crystal, a bright, gleaming light penetrated the entire room. It was brilliant beyond anything seen before, and it caused the others to close their eyes shut, and cover them with their arms and paws. The light seemed to attack the darkness within the ball straight from the source, as if it was eating away at it, like corruption being cleansed from the minds of Sentinels and other servants of the Dark One. Yet this time, it occurred not in the mind, but where all others could see. Slowly, the bright light distorted the ball of chaos, and slow the ball began to dissipate into nothingness. Auron too, who had been powered by this darkness, was suddenly 'hit' by the bright yellow light. At the touch of the rays, his skin burnt in a few areas, and some of it peeled. It cracked and steamed, as if he was dipped in lava. Then, in one final flash of brilliant energy, the light burst through everything in the room, and beyond, like one final cleanse. Everything was hit, with the ball of energy now completely gone, and any bonus energy supplied to Auron seeming to disappear with it. The Silver Crystal, however, remained floating upright, with the dark barrier around it still in place.

Zane opened his eyes as the brilliant flash of light dissipated from the room, leaving the Pokemon there in the corner, some of which had fallen to their knees. On the other side of the room, Auron breathed heavily, his skin gray and cracked, as if he had been rusted and broken apart. Yet still, the Haxorus stood, though not quite as ferociously as before.

The others stood and looked at the Haxorus slowly after. Zane couldn't believe what had occurred. The Gold Crystal, it seemed, had not only stopped the incoming energy, but it also gave them a little help too! Zane looked down on the crystal, noticing the light which shone from it was a little bit dimmer. It seemed, not without a price. He didn't want to waste the chance they got.

Auron roared, showing the signs of his aching body had not defeated him, only wounded him. Zane got up and began toward the beast. "It's now or never, we hit him with everything we've got!"

Old October 6th, 2013, 11:31 AM
Necrum
The most dapper evil genius

Nature: Adamant
Vera Fayos

Vera was surprised by the might of the Ancients. Up until this point, her only experience with them was from a commanding aspect. She had expected to go unhindered by them, but apparently her status as a commander had been revoked when Sovereign returned. Through all the twists and turns of the battle, she had gotten separated from the Gold Tribe for the majority of the battle. By the time she managed to catch up, Auron had already been engaged. She witnessed a brilliant flash of light from an object she had not seen before. The result left Auron wounded. As Zane called them to action, Vera tried once again to invoke the Blazikenite, but to no avail. "Damn..." Instead, she rushed Auron with the group, streams of air trailing off the points of her body. "Brave Bird!"
Old October 6th, 2013, 04:14 PM
Fort PokePower
Muffins forever

Nature: Quirky
Daricka "Wildfire" Cambar

Daricka was barely able to avoid by hit directly by the Dragon Pulse, though her swift steps were knocked off course it skimmed behind her, the force of it blowing by being enough to unbalance her. She stumbled forward, reaching her hand out instinctively to stop her fall. Beneath the heat of the flames that cloaked her, there was a burning sensation creeping across her back from the where the Dragon Pulse had come into contact with her skin, and it caused her to wince as she rose.

She fed more life into her flames, which had been dimmed from absorbing the brunt of the attack, and they flared into renewed life. Moving rapidly to join her comrades, she joined them in attempting to upset Auron's Dragon Breath, the corrupted flames barely being held at bay by Bloodthirster's Hyper Beam.

After a few bouts of going back and forth, with the Gold Tribe attacking from behind then being pushed off their feet - Daricka not to be excluded - the Haxorus finally fell and received a direct strike from the Hyper Beam.

This time, Auron wasn't so quick to rise, and when finally did, it was shakily. A triumphant surge shot through Daricka. They could do this! Then, her eyes widened as a massive sphere of dark energy came crashing in on them. As she watched it collide with Auron, the Haxorus seemed to soak in its energy, and the growth of his power was visibly apparent. It didn't stop there, however, as the chaos continued on towards the Gold Tribe, many of whom were attempting to stop it with various attacks. Daricka joined these efforts with a flurry of Focus Blasts, gritting her teeth angrily. No! Not yet! They weren't finished yet!

"Everyone, to me! Gather around!" It took Daricka a moment to figure out who was speaking, but when she did, she moved quickly to stand behind Vigil. As they all gathered behind him, he raised the Gold Crystal. Daricka looked on expectantly, waiting for some kind of power to be unleashed - but there was nothing. She continued to wait. Just as she was beginning to doubt there would be anything at all, a bright light pierced the air and traveled through the room, causing the Infernape to cover her eyes. After a moment, she peered out between her fingers to watch the effect the golden light had on Auron.

While the Silver Crystal still remained untouched, Auron was left badly damanged, his skin cracked in various places and looking like some ancient relic.

"It's now or never, we hit him with everything we've got!" Vigil cried out as he charged the beast. Daricka wasn't far behind, feeding as much life as she dared into her flames and they flared visciously about her figure, greedily reaching toward her target as her will to destroy Auron was infused in to them.

Placing her hands before her, energy whirled to life between her palms. Everything she had left, she poured into this final Focus Blast as it rapidly grew in size, fusing with her flames and ripping them from their cloaking form. She was being reckless, using this much of her life in a single attack, she knew; however, all of the rage, all of the grief she had held in these past few years was flooding out and over, and she didn't even want to hold it back anymore.

So, with every flame except the veil of fire atop her head - which was much smaller than ever before - now mixed with the writhing Focus Blast of epic proportions, a ferocious screech ripped from Daricka's lungs as she flung the attack with all her might.

Roleplays I am in:
Sekirei: Wings of Fate (OOC/IC) as Fia and Akira Takako
Fire Emblem: The Rift War (OOC) as Adina Maralyn
Pokemon Odyssey: Search For Cresselia (OOC/IC) as Kaveri "Jetstream" Vian
One Piece: The Golden Age (OOC/IC) as Anahita Z. Firenze

Roleplays I GM:
None yet, but Fargona is soon to come!
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links