The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Advertise here

View Poll Results: Should I change the starter Digimon from Jyarimon, Puttimon, and Punimon?
Yes, replace them respectively with Botamon, WhiteBotamon, and Nyokimon. 18 50.00%
No, keep them how they are 18 50.00%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 5th, 2012, 03:59 PM
Epitaph93
Intermediate Digidestined

Nature: Calm

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by naruto4000 View Post
Wow nice hack man i've been following this hack for a while my first post on the site ever i think wish i could help with it but to bad i can't hack at all
I used to think the same thing about myself, but really the only thing stopping you from hacking is yourself. Hacking is like gravity, all you need is a little push.
I'm Epitaph and I plan on releasing the first full-fledged Digimon hack of Pokemon Fire Red. We're getting close to the first release so come check it out in the Progressing hacks, and see how you can help us with the project.
Old July 5th, 2012, 04:53 PM
NG55

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondBlueMoon View Post
I don't want to bring up a fight here, but I'm so annoyed that I have to say. You don't want to wait a long time? fine, there are only 2 options for you:
1: Join us, and you can make a hack easier with help. You don't have to take care of all the works from sprite to tiles to scripts
2: Shut up and do your own, because "He who would have fruit must climb the tree". Our sprites aren't the best, so you can find some on IT. We DO find on IT, so if you aren't satisfied with the sprite on IT, you shouldn't want this patch so much lol.
I am really angry when sb just sat there, asked us to hurry up and then takes the achievement of us. And I laughed a lot when I saw your OW sprite of Kari. WTH is that man, lol, is it a kind of new antagonist team =))
And the base patch is just a kind of trailer, or the patch to know-your-comment, because according to it, we would want to see the comments about sprite, or OW, or anything we were missing, not to steal or free - using, OK?

Really sorry Epi or stocko if you guys don't agree with me about things above, I wrote it just because I want to protect our project, until the final end... Hope you guys could understand me
There's the thing, I tried to join you but no one has gotten back to me. I'm not trying to take your ****, i'm just not good at it, and my Kari sprite looks like Kari
Old July 5th, 2012, 04:56 PM
NG55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epitaph93 View Post
@NG55 We will release the patch when we release it, and we will release all the content along with it. What we won't do is give privileged material such as sprites to people who are not part of our team. I appreciate your interest in the hack and the Kari sprite(although it isn't up to our standards) but I started this project from scratch myself because no one had created this and I would expect you to do the same or wait for the final release so that you have the materials we've prepared for people like you.

@DBM While I agree with you, chill out bro lol

@itman I agree with all your points and I've been working on all of them

@merville As soon as I fix a few movesets and glitches
You can say that my sprite suck sh*t I don't care. I just looked at a basic pic of Kari and went from there. I'm sorry that I'm not a friggin expert, but it's not like anyone will help me with my hack.
Old July 5th, 2012, 05:16 PM
NG55

Quote:
Originally Posted by stocko View Post
Hey NG55, try the site "http://withthewill.net". If you don't like what they have to offer, you won't like what we have to offer...

DBM, I understand where you're coming from, just cool it haha. Don't get too worked up over this. Use your energy for the hack

Also, got a few icons done this arvo. I'm trying to get back into the groove of doing a few little things in my spare time, especially since it's school holidays now!
I can't get to that site for some reason so I can't see what it is.
Old July 6th, 2012, 04:31 AM
stocko
Toast Engineer

Nature: Bold
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to stocko
@NG55
Don't speak about yourself poorly like that man! Keep up a positive attitude and keep trying. Epitaph did mention your application to me. He's been pretty busy with work and all, I'm sure he'll get back to you soon man.

Also, I think the site might be down, I couldn't get onto it in the last few days either..
If you want help with your hack then head on down to the team section. Ask around there, hopefully I helped

EDIT (9/7/12): Looks like the site is back up! Give it another go.

I support these hacks

Last edited by stocko; July 9th, 2012 at 02:45 AM.
Old July 9th, 2012, 11:48 PM
Epitaph93

Update: I finished the Gennai overworld sprite and inserted him just fine, edited text boxes so that the default is green instead of blue, and failed horribly at inserting tiles. Mostly I'm just polishing the graphics so the first release feels new in that regard since scripts haven't been changed at all.
I'm Epitaph and I plan on releasing the first full-fledged Digimon hack of Pokemon Fire Red. We're getting close to the first release so come check it out in the Progressing hacks, and see how you can help us with the project.
Old July 12th, 2012, 04:53 PM
NG55

Quote:
Originally Posted by stocko View Post
@NG55
Don't speak about yourself poorly like that man! Keep up a positive attitude and keep trying. Epitaph did mention your application to me. He's been pretty busy with work and all, I'm sure he'll get back to you soon man.

Also, I think the site might be down, I couldn't get onto it in the last few days either..
If you want help with your hack then head on down to the team section. Ask around there, hopefully I helped

EDIT (9/7/12): Looks like the site is back up! Give it another go.
When did I speak poorly of myself?
Old July 12th, 2012, 07:57 PM
stocko
Toast Engineer

Nature: Bold
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to stocko
Quote:
Originally Posted by NG55 View Post
When did I speak poorly of myself?
Pretty sure on the page before this one you said that you were no good at hacking or something like that, something about the Kari sprite too I think.

You checked that site yet dude?

I support these hacks
Old July 13th, 2012, 06:31 PM
Loonie
Mischievous Gamer

O.o cant w8 for this game to come out ill surely observe this thread each day ...

2.) Banner Maker :D
3.) Beginner at Mapping !!
Currently nothings been done yet .. hahaha

Hacks I Support:

My Blooper .... Yeah ..

Old July 14th, 2012, 09:59 PM
Epitaph93

Check the OP for the first release, and don't forget to READ the README!
Old July 14th, 2012, 10:09 PM
qaz015393
pokemon revenge developer

wow epic first beta is out :D
Just dled it can't wait to play it *I still got a few days until I go back to work*. I'll let you guys know if I find any errors :D

POKEMON REVENGE TEAM IS looking for members APPLY HERE so the hack can continue.

3Ds Fc= 0619-4312-9526 IgN is Near My trade shop is here
Old July 15th, 2012, 01:31 AM
Loonie
Mischievous Gamer

Yay beta's out .. 2nd beta tester Epic ..!! Coolness

Hacks I Support:

My Blooper .... Yeah ..

Old July 15th, 2012, 02:51 AM
glaceon12
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Jolly
I see the 1st beta is out, as soon as my laptop is fixed I'll play it and see what its like. I'm hoping It'll be easy to get Guilmon.
Old July 15th, 2012, 03:24 AM
Tcoppy
W
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
The beta's out? Finally, I need a hack to play and plus I always wanted to play a digimon/pokemon crossover hack! Good luck on the next beta and don't give up now!
Old July 15th, 2012, 07:22 AM
DiamondBlueMoon
The powerful Tyranitar

Nature: Serious
Congrats! Well done, you guys! We worked so hard to bring it out today (It's my girl - in - dream birthday lol) I found it very interesting to work with you guys. So, next stop: beta 1.1 We can do it, right? And to celebrate this day, I've brought this thread to the largest Pokemon forum in VN: http://www.poke-mega.org/forum/showthread.php?p=542609#post542609 (Where there is Sky (The one who made Flora Sky) and Help-14 (The scripter)... They can test for us
That's it, i have to sleep now, see ya!

What destiny you choose and what digimon will get you there are all up to you.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Hey, you guys should check this out, it is an awesome club, I confirmed that
Old July 15th, 2012, 11:50 AM
qaz015393

Played the beta after I got it. So here is what I found:

In the 2nd town *forgot the name & too lazy to find it lol* the sign you can walk on it if you to the right or left of it. It's fine when you go up or down thou.

In Pewter city, you can walk on the pokemart building.

When you get the running shoes & try to run the character chances to a funky version of the original hero/ian.

Also don't know if its just me, but when I try to leave Pewter city & try to go to the 2nd gym after the 1st battle the rom gets funny. It does 1 of 2 things, either my character gets stuck & I can move the screen a bit until it gets stuck or my character gets stuck & I see a dis-colored version of the character taking over 1 of the other trainers & can move a bit until it gets stuck.

One more thing if it's too much hassle, I thing you should a dd a .txt in the .zip that includes how each digimon can digivolve & what their stats need to be. Bc there are a few digimon I'm trying to find like veemon.

POKEMON REVENGE TEAM IS looking for members APPLY HERE so the hack can continue.

Old July 15th, 2012, 02:45 PM
Zaloog91
Beginning Trainer

Awesome beta though I cannot seem to get to Mt. Moon I get glitched on the route. Also on the route heading towards Viridian Forest there is an unknown digimon that some times pops up.
Old July 15th, 2012, 06:38 PM
DiamondBlueMoon
The powerful Tyranitar

Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by qaz015393 View Post
Played the beta after I got it. So here is what I found:

In the 2nd town *forgot the name & too lazy to find it lol* the sign you can walk on it if you to the right or left of it. It's fine when you go up or down thou.

In Pewter city, you can walk on the pokemart building.

When you get the running shoes & try to run the character chances to a funky version of the original hero/ian.

Also don't know if its just me, but when I try to leave Pewter city & try to go to the 2nd gym after the 1st battle the rom gets funny. It does 1 of 2 things, either my character gets stuck & I can move the screen a bit until it gets stuck or my character gets stuck & I see a dis-colored version of the character taking over 1 of the other trainers & can move a bit until it gets stuck.

One more thing if it's too much hassle, I thing you should a dd a .txt in the .zip that includes how each digimon can digivolve & what their stats need to be. Bc there are a few digimon I'm trying to find like veemon.
1st of all: There are many places that you can walk through them, this is because our 1st released didn't mean to focus on mapping, just about the sprite.
2nd: the running sprite isn't complete yet so it is a bit uncomfortable then
3rd: The txt should be there, but i'm not the one who compressed the .zip so I'll ask stocko or Epi later to include them

-----------------------------------------------------------
Hey, you guys should check this out, it is an awesome club, I confirmed that
Old July 15th, 2012, 09:23 PM
qaz015393

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondBlueMoon View Post
1st of all: There are many places that you can walk through them, this is because our 1st released didn't mean to focus on mapping, just about the sprite.
2nd: the running sprite isn't complete yet so it is a bit uncomfortable then
3rd: The txt should be there, but i'm not the one who compressed the .zip so I'll ask stocko or Epi later to include them
I figured that was the case when I read the read me. txt that was in the zip. I thought I would post the errors I found to let other aware of them, & so you don't don't have a lot of people repeating the errors.

There is a txt in the zip but it doesn't mention about the digivolutions.

Old July 16th, 2012, 01:49 AM
AbusingPorky
Beginning Trainer

I've been looking forward to a beta for so long now, glad it's finally out. It's looking great so far. Are the master balls going to stay free in future betas? It kinda makes things more fun to not have to worry about having low level Digimon to weaken the wild ones.

The only trouble I've had so far is after T.K's gym when I get the running shoes. It's been mentioned here a few posts above actually, when I run it changes my sprite a little bit, and then after a trainer battle (especially if I hold spacebar to speed up the game) I take control of an NPC until the game freezes.

One last thing, I'm thinking about playing through this on youtube while it's going through betas just to see what digivolutions I can find and hopefully show other people. My channel isn't big or anything, but I wanted to start uploading again. Would you guys mind if I did start uploading this?
Old July 16th, 2012, 05:27 AM
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

Nature: Relaxed
Great Job on the first release, guys! I'm gonna try it out Right Away.
Old July 16th, 2012, 05:32 PM
Zaloog91
Beginning Trainer

So yeah I have found that it's the 1st Lass trainer on Route 3 glitches after I have beaten her.
Old July 16th, 2012, 09:00 PM
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

Nature: Relaxed
It could be me, I'm not sure. But I'm positive my Koromon digivolved into Agumon at lv5, but in the next wild battle, my Agumon was at lv4 & I had to raise it up to lv5 again. Wish I would've taken a snapshot, sorries. But I'm still enjoying the hack ^.^
Old July 17th, 2012, 02:06 AM
Loonie
Mischievous Gamer

I had the same thing happeand to me too .. DarkRisingGirl ... My puttimon evloved into viximon at lvl 3 but it cameback to lvl 2 agian ...

Hacks I Support:

My Blooper .... Yeah ..

Old July 17th, 2012, 02:28 AM
Banjora Marxvile
Oui Oui Si Si Ja Ja Da Da

Nature: Lonely
By the sounds of it, it's because the 2 Digimon have differing Base EXP (I think, maybe also EXP growth). This is fixable in YAPE, in case you wanted help fixing it.

Man of Steel
He harbors no shame
Got cut a raw deal
But he holds no blame
Gone and forgot to feel
Numb for pretentious pain
As he spins the wheel
There's no loss nor no gain...

Nerves o
f Steel
He must remain
Even if it kills