The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

View Poll Results: Should I change the starter Digimon from Jyarimon, Puttimon, and Punimon?
Yes, replace them respectively with Botamon, WhiteBotamon, and Nyokimon. 18 50.00%
No, keep them how they are 18 50.00%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 22nd, 2012, 07:00 AM
DiamondBlueMoon
The powerful Tyranitar

Nature: Serious
Yeh, a really hard - working day :D
Here, my result: the beginning of the story + a new banner :D
Anyways, I'm photoshopping some banners for you 1st post on this topic (Like Features, Story, Introduction, Downloads, Bugs, etc.)
I'll give you those banners on Monday (tuesday in VN)
Attached Images
File Type: png BAH.png‎ (25.7 KB, 4417 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Attached Files
File Type: docx Story Line.docx‎ (152.2 KB, 15 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Old April 22nd, 2012, 10:08 AM
rakireid
UlforceVeedramon Master

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to rakireid
This is my first post and i must say i love the progress made so far, a lot of people may moan that it takes too long but i think that the effort put in will make the wait worth while i cannot wait to try the first beta release and as for the name goes maybe consider waiting til your story is complete and maybe use that for inspiration to a title and maybe if you can use for example ; Xros Wars Tamers as a Elite Four type leaders e.g. Yuu Amano with Darkknightmon and Nene Amano and Mervamon just to give a coolness yet difficulty to the game.
Old April 22nd, 2012, 07:21 PM
Epitaph93
Intermediate Digidestined

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondBlueMoon View Post
Yeh, a really hard - working day :D
Here, my result: the beginning of the story + a new banner :D
Anyways, I'm photoshopping some banners for you 1st post on this topic (Like Features, Story, Introduction, Downloads, Bugs, etc.)
I'll give you those banners on Monday (tuesday in VN)
Well right now the name is Operation Digipedia, not Digimon Firered. Digimon Firered was an old unreleased hack by Meowth, so I can't steal the title lol.

I think those maps are too big, but I like your ideas regarding different sections of the buildings.

I'm not too crazy about the head master and graduation stuff. It's a good plot element sure, but it's a bit over used in hacks and mainstream games. If you really want to help with the story email me at [email protected] I'll divulge some spoilers to you that I don't want to reveal to the public so you can work with what I've already started on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakireid View Post
This is my first post and i must say i love the progress made so far, a lot of people may moan that it takes too long but i think that the effort put in will make the wait worth while i cannot wait to try the first beta release and as for the name goes maybe consider waiting til your story is complete and maybe use that for inspiration to a title and maybe if you can use for example ; Xros Wars Tamers as a Elite Four type leaders e.g. Yuu Amano with Darkknightmon and Nene Amano and Mervamon just to give a coolness yet difficulty to the game.
I guess I should wait on deciding the final title until the story progresses. I've grown to like the current title, I'm just seeing what everyone else thinks.
I'm Epitaph and I plan on releasing the first full-fledged Digimon hack of Pokemon Fire Red. We're getting close to the first release so come check it out in the Progressing hacks, and see how you can help us with the project.
Old April 22nd, 2012, 09:47 PM
qaz015393
pokemon revenge developer

Quote:

Erh, some boxes do overlap the GBA theme, you can search GBA rom on Google :D
... I guess you are right then.

& nice new banner.

POKEMON REVENGE TEAM IS looking for members APPLY HERE so the hack can continue.

3Ds Fc= 0619-4312-9526 IgN is Near My trade shop is here
Old April 23rd, 2012, 03:43 AM
DiamondBlueMoon
The powerful Tyranitar

OK, so more letters in the banner :D
I'll remake the banner again later
Here you go, like I promise, the title for you 1st post :D
It is really difficult to find the suitable sprites
I'm not 100% satisfied with these, so please comment :D

About the story, OK, I'll make a new one. I can't stand playing a boring Digimon hack :D And when will your computer come back
Attached Images
File Type: png asdf.png‎ (684.4 KB, 34 views) (Save to Dropbox)

-----------------------------------------------------------
Hey, you guys should check this out, it is an awesome club, I confirmed that
Old April 23rd, 2012, 06:32 AM
rakireid
UlforceVeedramon Master

Quote:

About the story, OK, I'll make a new one. I can't stand playing a boring Digimon hack :D And when will your computer come back
The font style used for the banners is awesome and the digimon sprites can be changed if not everyone likes them but i think the font has to stay.
Old April 23rd, 2012, 06:50 AM
DiamondBlueMoon
The powerful Tyranitar

So what do you think 'bout the sprite?
The font is a little neon glow effect on PTS :D It didn't take me a lot of time.

Old April 23rd, 2012, 07:12 AM
rakireid
UlforceVeedramon Master

Quote:
So what do you think 'bout the sprite?
The font is a little neon glow effect on PTS :D It didn't take me a lot of time.
Nice well i love the font, the sprites are good quality but maybe try a different stage if you can for each banner for example: Fresh - In Training - Rookie - Champion - Armor - Ultimate - Mega - Burst Mode - Super Ultimate

Last edited by rakireid; April 23rd, 2012 at 07:15 AM. Reason: Font Too Intense
Old April 23rd, 2012, 10:37 AM
Epitaph93

Quote:

I really like these banners. They're awesome. The only complaint I have is the banner that says "Evolution" it would make more sense for it to say "Digivolution" but I don't really mind. No one will notice the difference.

I have no idea when I might get the computer back. I have to get a job first and I'm having no such luck.

Quote:

Nice well i love the font, the sprites are good quality but maybe try a different stage if you can for each banner for example: Fresh - In Training - Rookie - Champion - Armor - Ultimate - Mega - Burst Mode - Super Ultimate
I agree that would be cool, but I'm fine with how they are now. You probably couldn't use the same digiline through the whole thing though, as I doubt any digimon have all those digivolutions.
I'm Epitaph and I plan on releasing the first full-fledged Digimon hack of Pokemon Fire Red. We're getting close to the first release so come check it out in the Progressing hacks, and see how you can help us with the project.
Old April 23rd, 2012, 11:23 PM
rakireid
UlforceVeedramon Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epitaph93 View Post
I really like these banners. They're awesome. The only complaint I have is the banner that says "Evolution" it would make more sense for it to say "Digivolution" but I don't really mind. No one will notice the difference.

I have no idea when I might get the computer back. I have to get a job first and I'm having no such luck.

I agree that would be cool, but I'm fine with how they are now. You probably couldn't use the same digiline through the whole thing though, as I doubt any digimon have all those digivolutions.
Certain Digimon do go that far in different series for example:

Don't laugh at the quality because im no graphical wizard yet
Old April 24th, 2012, 02:14 AM
DiamondBlueMoon
The powerful Tyranitar

Quote:
Certain Digimon do go that far in different series for example:

Don't laugh at the quality because im no graphical wizard yet
You know, my idea is not about the digivolution.
I want to have all of the types (dragon, beast, plant,...) in the titles, and I don't want to add Burst mode and Super Ultimate because they are not really in game. Well, and for all of you to know, i'm making tiles for Gyms, which I wanna call DigiArena for awesomeness :D. And I have 5/8 sprites now, and they look very promising :D Maybe I'mm gonna make a sprite for the E4 Colosseum :">

Old April 24th, 2012, 07:37 AM
Epitaph93

Update: I'm working on overworld sprites. I have Matt and Joe's fronts done so far. It's a bit difficult doing this on my phone, but I'm determined lol

@DiamondBlueMoon: PM me your email
Old April 24th, 2012, 02:58 PM
DiamondBlueMoon
The powerful Tyranitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epitaph93 View Post
Update: I'm working on overworld sprites. I have Matt and Joe's fronts done so far. It's a bit difficult doing this on my phone, but I'm determined lol

@DiamondBlueMoon: PM me your email
My email is just my name: [email protected]
Here you go, some sprite of digi-arena:
Attached Images
File Type: png @_@.png‎ (196.3 KB, 41 views) (Save to Dropbox)

Old April 24th, 2012, 05:39 PM
MrElephant
Pokemon Researcher

Hey Epitaph how are you doing. Sounds like you are doing a lot of work on your phone. That sounds like tough work.
Remember I really do support your hack and its the first one that I support on my list. If you need any help just pm me, but it sounds like you have a lot of supporters now, so I dont think that I could do that much anymore. Talk to you later.

Lets see I like modding

Dragon Warrior, Lego Racers, Pokemon, Final Fantasy, Mario Racing, Super Smash Bros Brawl, and Banjo.
Old April 24th, 2012, 08:00 PM
qaz015393

Sounds great Epitaph93 can't wait to see the new sprites.

POKEMON REVENGE TEAM IS looking for members APPLY HERE so the hack can continue.

Old April 24th, 2012, 11:48 PM
rakireid
UlforceVeedramon Master

Great arena sprites absolutely love them.
Old April 25th, 2012, 10:56 AM
Epitaph93

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrElephant View Post
Hey Epitaph how are you doing. Sounds like you are doing a lot of work on your phone. That sounds like tough work.
Remember I really do support your hack and its the first one that I support on my list. If you need any help just pm me, but it sounds like you have a lot of supporters now, so I dont think that I could do that much anymore. Talk to you later.
It's not easy, but it's totally worth it. Thanks MrElephant, you're a good friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qaz015393 View Post
I'll try to post them soon.

Quote:
Great arena sprites absolutely love them.
I totally agree. DiamondBlueMoon is a beast at tiles.

Update: I made the team a Dropbox account so we can pool all our resources into one place. I spent today and last night uploading everything there so that no matter what happens the hack will continue. DiamondBlueMoon has accepted to be our newest team member. That makes three of us now. I'll be adding a team section to the OP soon. I've asked stocko to weed out the bugs of the game so that the first release will be a nearly unchanged firered rom. DiamondBlueMoon will probably be our primary tile editor. I'm going to start working on dialogue and continue with stats. I haven't done much with stats in about 2 weeks, so I should probably get on it if anyone wants to help me with stats I would appreciate it, because the stats are honestly the main reason we haven't had a release yet. So the sooner we get the stats decided the sooner we can release this thing.
Old April 26th, 2012, 06:50 AM
rakireid
UlforceVeedramon Master

Here are some cool sprites

( Kongoumon)

( Shadramon)

( Owlmon)

obtained from here http://withthewill.net/index.php?topic=3436.0
Old April 27th, 2012, 01:41 PM
Epitaph93

Quote:
Here are some cool sprites

( Kongoumon)

( Shadramon)

( Owlmon)

obtained from here http://withthewill.net/index.php?topic=3436.0
That's actually our primary site for sprites lol

Update: I tallied up how many digimon sprites we have finished and it's about 186, probably a little more though. So I updated the list of digimon and removed a few things from the OP. I added a team section at the beginning and I'll be cleaning up the OP a little more tonight. Stocko is beta testing the hack at the moment and DiamondBlueMoon is doing tiles/OverWorlds. I'm going to put some of my ideas down and figure a couple things out on paper. I'll update with that information in a few days. It has to do with story/events/needed sprites and a few other things.

Edit: I worked on this stuff but I think I'll keep it to myself for now. I don't want to spoil the game too much.

Last edited by Epitaph93; May 1st, 2012 at 02:18 PM.
Old April 27th, 2012, 06:39 PM
Wesley FG

I imagine a big problem will be the names of Digimon, as a hack contains only 11 letters (if I remember correctly), then just a few names will be shortened, I liked the idea very cool, I had already seen some hacks with this subject but no continued, hopefully at least get a beta, I just think you should have on your team to make a tilespriter tiles for you.
Old April 28th, 2012, 12:38 AM
stocko
Toast Engineer

Nature: Bold
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to stocko
Quote:
Originally Posted by qaz015393 View Post
Hey Qaz, Epitaph asked me to show you the update on some of those sprites. So here you go :)

We have the front OW's of Matt, Joe, Demi-Devimon and Devimon.

Edit: Forgot to click upload :P Here we go now?
Attached Images
File Type: png Joe Front.png‎ (3.2 KB, 85 views) (Save to Dropbox)
File Type: png Matt Front.png‎ (3.1 KB, 85 views) (Save to Dropbox)
File Type: png 53_0.png‎ (3.6 KB, 84 views) (Save to Dropbox)
File Type: png 088_Devimonow1.PNG‎ (558 Bytes, 88 views) (Save to Dropbox)

I support these hacks

Last edited by stocko; April 28th, 2012 at 03:30 AM. Reason: I'm retarded and can't upload photos first go.
Old April 28th, 2012, 02:50 AM
codykongdabear
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Brave
i have been dying to play a pokemon hack featuring digimon. i am easily adding this to my favorites. please dont give up on this. the work youve done so far is amazing and i send you the best in luck. cant wait to test a beta
Old April 28th, 2012, 12:34 PM
qaz015393

Quote:
Originally Posted by stocko View Post
Hey Qaz, Epitaph asked me to show you the update on some of those sprites. So here you go

We have the front OW's of Matt, Joe, Demi-Devimon and Devimon.

Edit: Forgot to click upload Here we go now?
great looking OWs. Lets hope these look good when they are inserted.

Old April 28th, 2012, 06:15 PM
djonthe1st!
Unhatched Egg

I honestly can't wait to play this hack
Old April 29th, 2012, 12:30 AM
rakireid
UlforceVeedramon Master

Nice progress also cant wait to play this awesome hack
Closed Thread