The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

View Poll Results: Should I change the starter Digimon from Jyarimon, Puttimon, and Punimon?
Yes, replace them respectively with Botamon, WhiteBotamon, and Nyokimon. 18 50.00%
No, keep them how they are 18 50.00%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #151    
Old April 29th, 2012, 10:46 AM
Epitaph93's Avatar
Epitaph93
Intermediate Digidestined
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Texas
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
What do you guys think about adding a key item that degenerates your digimon? Say you have a Greymon, but you would rather have a DarkTyrannomon. You would use the Degenerator to change Greymon into Agumon, then dark digivolve Agumon to BlackAgumon, then level him up to DarkTyrannomon. EVs/Moves/Gender would remain in tact. Should I do that or is it a little too much?
__________________
I'm Epitaph and I plan on releasing the first full-fledged Digimon hack of Pokemon Fire Red. We're getting close to the first release so come check it out in the Progressing hacks, and see how you can help us with the project.
  #152    
Old April 29th, 2012, 11:32 AM
edman
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Gender: Male
If you can get a chance can you read this please coz i think you might like i add to you storyline at the start
Attached Files
File Type: txt digimon operation digiepida.txt‎ (4.4 KB, 31 views) (Save to Dropbox)
  #153    
Old April 29th, 2012, 11:36 AM
codykongdabear's Avatar
codykongdabear
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Honestly i think thats a bit much for now. i like how you have it now how stats effect digivoling and you cant go back. adds a challenge to it and makes you really pay attention to how you raise them. now after a few betas and you have more people behind you on this i would ask this question again. but right now i think that would take away from the charm of raising a bunch a fresh digimon to different digivolutions
  #154    
Old April 29th, 2012, 11:45 AM
codykongdabear's Avatar
codykongdabear
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by edman View Post
If you can get a chance can you read this please coz i think you might like i add to you storyline at the start
its not bad. a few things could be added but i like it
  #155    
Old April 30th, 2012, 10:50 AM
edman
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by codykongdabear View Post
its not bad. a few things could be added but i like it
i had a look at it school i figure some stuff out like at the end of the elite four and champion u get to fight the dark forces but there is twisted ill wright it up and post on here for u all to look.
  #156    
Old April 30th, 2012, 10:30 PM
stocko's Avatar
stocko
Toast Engineer
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Sydney, NSW, Australia
Gender: Male
Nature: Bold
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to stocko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epitaph93 View Post
What do you guys think about adding a key item that degenerates your digimon? Say you have a Greymon, but you would rather have a DarkTyrannomon. You would use the Degenerator to change Greymon into Agumon, then dark digivolve Agumon to BlackAgumon, then level him up to DarkTyrannomon. EVs/Moves/Gender would remain in tact. Should I do that or is it a little too much?
Quote:
Originally Posted by codykongdabear View Post
Honestly i think thats a bit much for now. i like how you have it now how stats effect digivoling and you cant go back. adds a challenge to it and makes you really pay attention to how you raise them. now after a few betas and you have more people behind you on this i would ask this question again. but right now i think that would take away from the charm of raising a bunch a fresh digimon to different digivolutions
I think that the item would be a good idea, Epitaph. But I'm also agreeing with codykongdabear because of it removing some of the challenge. Maybe make it so that the item is a one use item and is not too common to come a across? It keeps most of the challenge and still allows you to degenerate.
Rather than being a key item make it just a regular item and you could have some form of puzzle hidden somewhere in each of the towns and the item can be a reward, this limits the number of items to about 8. The item could be in a tomb? Something that does illuminate the "ancient times" as someone said before. The tombs could also link to the main storyline. Maybe even have a secondary storyline that doesn't need to be fulfilled to "complete the game".
Just thought I should share some ideas

EDIT: I also thought about maybe it having a bad side effect to the user, something like the degenerated digimon loses some of it's stats (HP, attack, etc) or maybe make it more prone to dark digivolving or something like that.
__________________
Just chillen :D

I support these hacks

Last edited by stocko; May 1st, 2012 at 02:27 AM.
  #157    
Old May 1st, 2012, 04:37 AM
DiamondBlueMoon's Avatar
DiamondBlueMoon
The powerful Tyranitar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Gender: Male
Nature: Serious
Well, maybe the degenerator will turn off the meaning of the slogan: Gotta catch 'em all. :D If you wanna get a new Digimon, you have to catch and train it again.
Anyways, I'm thinking of a story branches. In the middle of the main story, you can go to either Dark Master's side or Digidestined's side. that'll make the story more adventurous!
I made a Digicenter and a Digimart tile :D. I'm attaching a screenshot as soon as stocko input them :D
__________________
Hack I support:

-----------------------------------------------------------
Hey, you guys should check this out, it is an awesome club, I confirmed that
  #158    
Old May 1st, 2012, 06:37 PM
Epitaph93's Avatar
Epitaph93
Intermediate Digidestined
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Texas
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Well I was thinking of putting it in as an endgame item so that people could more easily fill the digivice after the full playthrough. But I like stocko's idea about them being rare and challenging to get so that's probably what we'll do. The stats changing might be a bit difficult to implement but I'm sure we could figure it out.

I agree we should have multiple endings DBM. Although it would probably be easier to make a complete central story first, then include branches later on in development. That way players won't have to wait so long for a release that progresses the story.

How do you guys think dark digivolution should affect stats? I was thinking it could increase offense/speed, decrease defense/HP, and increase base exp. I would also like to find a different way to perform dark digivolution. Right now it's done with a stone, but I think it should be more spontaneous than that. Maybe by happiness? But that might conflict with digivolution based on stats/levels.
__________________
I'm Epitaph and I plan on releasing the first full-fledged Digimon hack of Pokemon Fire Red. We're getting close to the first release so come check it out in the Progressing hacks, and see how you can help us with the project.
  #159    
Old May 1st, 2012, 10:56 PM
stocko's Avatar
stocko
Toast Engineer
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Sydney, NSW, Australia
Gender: Male
Nature: Bold
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to stocko
Happiness sounds like the best way to me, Epitaph. It would conflict though, mmm... might have to somehow make it so that happiness outweighs stats, or something along those lines.
__________________
Just chillen :D

I support these hacks
  #160    
Old May 1st, 2012, 11:31 PM
rakireid's Avatar
rakireid
UlforceVeedramon Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Sheffield, United Kingdom
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to rakireid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epitaph93 View Post
Well I was thinking of putting it in as an endgame item so that people could more easily fill the digivice after the full playthrough. But I like stocko's idea about them being rare and challenging to get so that's probably what we'll do. The stats changing might be a bit difficult to implement but I'm sure we could figure it out.

I agree we should have multiple endings DBM. Although it would probably be easier to make a complete central story first, then include branches later on in development. That way players won't have to wait so long for a release that progresses the story.

How do you guys think dark digivolution should affect stats? I was thinking it could increase offense/speed, decrease defense/HP, and increase base exp. I would also like to find a different way to perform dark digivolution. Right now it's done with a stone, but I think it should be more spontaneous than that. Maybe by happiness? But that might conflict with digivolution based on stats/levels.
I do not know if this is possible but maybe if it is a certain nature it will dark digivolve say for example if you catch a naughty nature agumon it will dark digivolve.
  #161    
Old May 2nd, 2012, 04:39 AM
DiamondBlueMoon's Avatar
DiamondBlueMoon
The powerful Tyranitar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Gender: Male
Nature: Serious
Dark digivolutions should only appear while the Dark side is powerful. When players defeat them, there won't be any Dark-volutions. but After the game, it came back again.
About the method of Darkvolutions, I'd like a Darkside Day-care, which is BlackAgumon. After taking back, your Digimon's happiness goes back to zero, and you can digivolve it into a Dark Digimon. :D
I agreed with you Epitaph. We should think about story branches later

Btw, should we change the nurse,shop keeper, day-care,.... by Digimons?
__________________
Hack I support:

-----------------------------------------------------------
Hey, you guys should check this out, it is an awesome club, I confirmed that
  #162    
Old May 2nd, 2012, 07:58 AM
Epitaph93's Avatar
Epitaph93
Intermediate Digidestined
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Texas
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by stocko View Post
Happiness sounds like the best way to me, Epitaph. It would conflict though, mmm... might have to somehow make it so that happiness outweighs stats, or something along those lines.
I sense more ASM coming my way lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakireid View Post
I do not know if this is possible but maybe if it is a certain nature it will dark digivolve say for example if you catch a naughty nature agumon it will dark digivolve.
Hmm I like that but I'd have to research it a bit first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondBlueMoon View Post
Dark digivolutions should only appear while the Dark side is powerful. When players defeat them, there won't be any Dark-volutions. but After the game, it came back again.
About the method of Darkvolutions, I'd like a Darkside Day-care, which is BlackAgumon. After taking back, your Digimon's happiness goes back to zero, and you can digivolve it into a Dark Digimon. :D
I agreed with you Epitaph. We should think about story branches later

Btw, should we change the nurse,shop keeper, day-care,.... by Digimons?
A dark daycare sounds cool. And using digimon as shop keepers and stuff sounds good to me. We just need OWs.
__________________
I'm Epitaph and I plan on releasing the first full-fledged Digimon hack of Pokemon Fire Red. We're getting close to the first release so come check it out in the Progressing hacks, and see how you can help us with the project.
  #163    
Old May 3rd, 2012, 03:09 PM
DiamondBlueMoon's Avatar
DiamondBlueMoon
The powerful Tyranitar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Gender: Male
Nature: Serious
Hey you guys, after renaming some attacks name, I found out that there are some unused moves and some Digimon moves that doesn't fit with any original moves. So I decided to make some moves (A really tough work ) like this:



But I dunno how to insert these sprite to the rom, does anyone know, plz help me! :D
__________________
Hack I support:

-----------------------------------------------------------
Hey, you guys should check this out, it is an awesome club, I confirmed that
  #164    
Old May 3rd, 2012, 06:19 PM
Epitaph93's Avatar
Epitaph93
Intermediate Digidestined
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Texas
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondBlueMoon View Post
Hey you guys, after renaming some attacks name, I found out that there are some unused moves and some Digimon moves that doesn't fit with any original moves. So I decided to make some moves (A really tough work ) like this:



But I dunno how to insert these sprite to the rom, does anyone know, plz help me! :D
The only way I know of is through unlz. The attack animation sprites are close to the end if I remember correctly. But I'm pretty sure it goes deeper than just replacing the sprites. We would have to edit the actual animations too, which can probably only be done through hex. I'll see what I can find. Meanwhile just make a list of moves that don't have good animations, don't insert them, and just continue with the ones that work. We'll come back to it later. If you run out of move names let me know.

Update: I've been working on stats and have a grand total of 49 done.
__________________
I'm Epitaph and I plan on releasing the first full-fledged Digimon hack of Pokemon Fire Red. We're getting close to the first release so come check it out in the Progressing hacks, and see how you can help us with the project.
  #165    
Old May 5th, 2012, 07:10 AM
DiamondBlueMoon's Avatar
DiamondBlueMoon
The powerful Tyranitar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Gender: Male
Nature: Serious
While working on the Digidex, I find out that the Stats digivolving from Fresh -> In-training causes missing some Fresh Digimon. So I think that beside a hack Stats digivolve, we should also make a hack that can trade the fresh digimon in game, so that we can own the Digimon we want. For example, the starters will be Puttimon, Punimon and Botamon. But you want a Guilmon, you could find a TRADER in the starting town, who will offer you another lines of Botamon: Jyarimon or Chibomon. if you pick Punimon, he will offer Wanymon (sorry, I can't remember the name) and Gummymon...
__________________
Hack I support:

-----------------------------------------------------------
Hey, you guys should check this out, it is an awesome club, I confirmed that
  #166    
Old May 5th, 2012, 11:44 AM
Epitaph93's Avatar
Epitaph93
Intermediate Digidestined
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Texas
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondBlueMoon View Post
While working on the Digidex, I find out that the Stats digivolving from Fresh -> In-training causes missing some Fresh Digimon. So I think that beside a hack Stats digivolve, we should also make a hack that can trade the fresh digimon in game, so that we can own the Digimon we want. For example, the starters will be Puttimon, Punimon and Botamon. But you want a Guilmon, you could find a TRADER in the starting town, who will offer you another lines of Botamon: Jyarimon or Chibomon. if you pick Punimon, he will offer Wanymon (sorry, I can't remember the name) and Gummymon...
I'm looking at Jyarimon's stats right now and it seems like the problem is his attack/defense ratio. There's a six point difference so he's more prone to the high attack digivolution. I'll change it to a 2 point difference then we'll see how that works. It all depends on EVs, which we haven't changed yet. Also Jyarimon is the only fresh form. Chibomon and Botamon were removed. The same goes with the other starters, their stats need to be changed.
__________________
I'm Epitaph and I plan on releasing the first full-fledged Digimon hack of Pokemon Fire Red. We're getting close to the first release so come check it out in the Progressing hacks, and see how you can help us with the project.
  #167    
Old May 10th, 2012, 04:15 AM
Nemisis's Avatar
Nemisis
Soul Eater
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondBlueMoon View Post
OK, so more letters in the banner :D
I'll remake the banner again later :)
Here you go, like I promise, the title for you 1st post :D
It is really difficult to find the suitable sprites :(
I'm not 100% satisfied with these, so please comment :D

About the story, OK, I'll make a new one. I can't stand playing a boring Digimon hack :D And when will your computer come back :(
woah............ dude your banners are so cool... been out for a while just checkin this great hack keep it up guys ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondBlueMoon View Post
Hey you guys, after renaming some attacks name, I found out that there are some unused moves and some Digimon moves that doesn't fit with any original moves. So I decided to make some moves (A really tough work :( ) like this:



But I dunno how to insert these sprite to the rom, does anyone know, plz help me! :D
thats so epic ... haha keep it up guys :)
__________________
ZZZzzzzzz..............

My Supported Hacks:

Last edited by DrFuji; May 10th, 2012 at 04:41 AM. Reason: Merging consecutive posts
  #168    
Old May 12th, 2012, 09:02 PM
Epitaph93's Avatar
Epitaph93
Intermediate Digidestined
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Texas
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Update: Stocko and DiamondBlueMoon are busy with school, so graphically we haven't made too much progress. Stocko has made a lot of sprites(mostly icons), DBM has been compiling data like moves and digilines into documents, along with making tiles and sprites. I've made a few OW sprites and just reached a milestone stat wise. Right now we have a grand total of 150 stats. Around 200 or so we'll start editing move lists. So, although I don't want to put a time stamp on this, I will edtimate that the first release will be posted in about 2 to 3 weeks. I'll of course detail what this release will contain in a .txt file in the .zip with the patch. So keep a close eye on the project over the next month.
__________________
I'm Epitaph and I plan on releasing the first full-fledged Digimon hack of Pokemon Fire Red. We're getting close to the first release so come check it out in the Progressing hacks, and see how you can help us with the project.
  #169    
Old May 13th, 2012, 03:34 AM
stocko's Avatar
stocko
Toast Engineer
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Sydney, NSW, Australia
Gender: Male
Nature: Bold
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to stocko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epitaph93 View Post
Update: Stocko and DiamondBlueMoon are busy with school, so graphically we haven't made too much progress. Stocko has made a lot of sprites(mostly icons), DBM has been compiling data like moves and digilines into documents, along with making tiles and sprites. I've made a few OW sprites and just reached a milestone stat wise. Right now we have a grand total of 150 stats. Around 200 or so we'll start editing move lists. So, although I don't want to put a time stamp on this, I will edtimate that the first release will be posted in about 2 to 3 weeks. I'll of course detail what this release will contain in a .txt file in the .zip with the patch. So keep a close eye on the project over the next month.
I'm back today actually! Was sick, so all I was doing was sleeping haha. Just so you all know, it's looking real good in the way of a digivolution beta release! Inserted a whole lot of stats today, the missing pieces are slowly being put in
__________________
Just chillen :D

I support these hacks
  #170    
Old May 15th, 2012, 08:12 AM
thealphaquadrant
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: May 2012
Gender: Male
This is actually so awesome.
I can't wait for the release date.
I'VE ALWAYS, wanted to play a digimon hack rom.
Thanks :D
Also, maybe you can make sprites like Yoshis or Marcus' if they aren't there lol, or Thomas.
  #171    
Old May 15th, 2012, 03:04 PM
DiamondBlueMoon's Avatar
DiamondBlueMoon
The powerful Tyranitar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Gender: Male
Nature: Serious
Well, my mom didn't let me have the computer back while the school is ranking the students :D Btw, yesterday, I added a few Digimon to the Digidex, but I recognized 1 thing: There are so many Digimon in the Digiworld! Much more than Pokemon. But in Pokemon FR, the Pokedex just only accepts 387 (386 + ?) datas. I've got 241 datas, and it's nearly 2/3 the Digidex. So if anyone could find a way to add new pokemon to the game, plz help us, if you wanna see a first full Digimon hack :D

And btw, where should we put the DNA - Digivolved digimons? after their main branch (Stingmon, Ankylomon, Aquillamon,...) or in the rest?
__________________
Hack I support:

-----------------------------------------------------------
Hey, you guys should check this out, it is an awesome club, I confirmed that
  #172    
Old May 18th, 2012, 09:28 AM
Digidestined123's Avatar
Digidestined123
Hacker in training
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: In a house. In a town. In a state. In a country. On a planet.
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Digidestined123
I was one of the first commenters on here. I always look at this to see if its been released. Keep up the good work, this hack is amazing!
  #173    
Old May 18th, 2012, 01:15 PM
Epitaph93's Avatar
Epitaph93
Intermediate Digidestined
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Texas
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondBlueMoon View Post
Well, my mom didn't let me have the computer back while the school is ranking the students :D Btw, yesterday, I added a few Digimon to the Digidex, but I recognized 1 thing: There are so many Digimon in the Digiworld! Much more than Pokemon. But in Pokemon FR, the Pokedex just only accepts 387 (386 + ?) datas. I've got 241 datas, and it's nearly 2/3 the Digidex. So if anyone could find a way to add new pokemon to the game, plz help us, if you wanna see a first full Digimon hack :D

And btw, where should we put the DNA - Digivolved digimons? after their main branch (Stingmon, Ankylomon, Aquillamon,...) or in the rest?
Well there is a R&D project going on where they're expanding the pokedex and a bunch of other things but I'm waiting on the final release before doing anything with it. I don't think we'll go over 350 because the digimon DS games have less than 356 digimon.

I guess between champion and ultimates.
__________________
I'm Epitaph and I plan on releasing the first full-fledged Digimon hack of Pokemon Fire Red. We're getting close to the first release so come check it out in the Progressing hacks, and see how you can help us with the project.
  #174    
Old May 21st, 2012, 08:29 AM
Digidestined123's Avatar
Digidestined123
Hacker in training
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: In a house. In a town. In a state. In a country. On a planet.
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Digidestined123
You guys are doing an amazing job, keep up the good work! Do you intend to add new abilities?
  #175    
Old May 21st, 2012, 09:21 PM
DiamondBlueMoon's Avatar
DiamondBlueMoon
The powerful Tyranitar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Gender: Male
Nature: Serious
@ Digidestined: what do you mean? the ability or the movements? We'll rename all the moves & abilities but not changing the effects yet

p/s: I'm going on vacation next week so I'm not going to online....
__________________
Hack I support:

-----------------------------------------------------------
Hey, you guys should check this out, it is an awesome club, I confirmed that
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 05:53 AM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.