The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

View Poll Results: Should I change the starter Digimon from Jyarimon, Puttimon, and Punimon?
Yes, replace them respectively with Botamon, WhiteBotamon, and Nyokimon. 18 50.00%
No, keep them how they are 18 50.00%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 19th, 2012, 09:26 PM
Pimpgamer101
Beginning Trainer

First off, I'd like to say the hack looks amazing!! I'm personally quite a fan of Digimon and am glad that people give the franchise a way to shine like this, and although we haven't received a beta yet, I can tell that when we get one it'll be amazingly well done(for a beat )
Old June 20th, 2012, 07:10 AM
DiamondBlueMoon
The powerful Tyranitar

Nature: Serious
Hi you guys First of all, I'm really sorry that in the last 5 days, I couldn't make any change to the progress, cause they cut off my Internet line How awful! (And I'm using my mobile :D ) Maybe tomorrow or the day after that, I can get to the Internet again. And I've made a few more moves change so I'm updating them as soon as I get the line back.
Secondly, I'm going to summer school So maybe less work from now on Really sorry both of you, stocko and Epi
I'll try my best to spend my free time working on the hack

P/s: I wish you will be ok soon, stocko

For Epi: I think we should ask for a spriter, who can make backsprite for some digimons that are not in the DS game but were sprited by some spriter on the IT. Or, if we can't manage to find one, CAN WE PUT THESE DIGIMONS BY INTERACTABLE BUT UNCATCHABLE? Cause I can't make sprites, I just find and edit Misc. things Hope you understand...

-----------------------------------------------------------
Hey, you guys should check this out, it is an awesome club, I confirmed that
Old June 20th, 2012, 05:43 PM
Epitaph93
Intermediate Digidestined

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpgamer101 View Post
First off, I'd like to say the hack looks amazing!! I'm personally quite a fan of Digimon and am glad that people give the franchise a way to shine like this, and although we haven't received a beta yet, I can tell that when we get one it'll be amazingly well done(for a beat )
Awesome! Thanks for the boost of confidence. This will keep me working extra hard on the hack tonight. Whether you guys believe me or not, comments like this really keep me motivated and inspired. Thanks a million.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondBlueMoon View Post
Hi you guys First of all, I'm really sorry that in the last 5 days, I couldn't make any change to the progress, cause they cut off my Internet line How awful! (And I'm using my mobile :D ) Maybe tomorrow or the day after that, I can get to the Internet again. And I've made a few more moves change so I'm updating them as soon as I get the line back.
Secondly, I'm going to summer school So maybe less work from now on Really sorry both of you, stocko and Epi
I'll try my best to spend my free time working on the hack

P/s: I wish you will be ok soon, stocko

For Epi: I think we should ask for a spriter, who can make backsprite for some digimons that are not in the DS game but were sprited by some spriter on the IT. Or, if we can't manage to find one, CAN WE PUT THESE DIGIMONS BY INTERACTABLE BUT UNCATCHABLE? Cause I can't make sprites, I just find and edit Misc. things Hope you understand...
It's no problem DBM. I think we've all been having some issues these last two months. Take whatever time you need, as the hack will keep moving forward no matter what.

Yeah get well soon stocko. Haven't heard from you in a few days so email me when you get a chance.

I'll put up a team thread in a few days and see if anyone wants to help. I'll do what I can to sprite them, but I don't think any of us are experienced enough to pull off the backsprites very well. Plus, the bigger the team the faster the game will be release and the more polished it will be per release.

Update: All the Digimon in game now have changed stats. Just a few movesets left and a glitch to fix until the release. If your curious about the glitch: After healing your party in Viridian City if your digimon all faint you will be transported to Blain's gym, a glitched healing animation will occur, then you'll be stuck in the room with Blain. You can fight him of course, but his digimon are over level 40 lol. So I need to figure out what I messed up there.
I'm Epitaph and I plan on releasing the first full-fledged Digimon hack of Pokemon Fire Red. We're getting close to the first release so come check it out in the Progressing hacks, and see how you can help us with the project.
Old June 25th, 2012, 02:26 PM
Epitaph93

Update: For anyone interested in joining our team, I posted a team thread (Clicky). I haven't made any progress this week because I have a job now, so progress on my part might be a little slow on the week days.
I'm Epitaph and I plan on releasing the first full-fledged Digimon hack of Pokemon Fire Red. We're getting close to the first release so come check it out in the Progressing hacks, and see how you can help us with the project.
Old June 25th, 2012, 05:48 PM
kebbles
Rom Hacker.

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epitaph93 View Post
Awesome! Thanks for the boost of confidence. This will keep me working extra hard on the hack tonight. Whether you guys believe me or not, comments like this really keep me motivated and inspired. Thanks a million.

It's no problem DBM. I think we've all been having some issues these last two months. Take whatever time you need, as the hack will keep moving forward no matter what.

Yeah get well soon stocko. Haven't heard from you in a few days so email me when you get a chance.

I'll put up a team thread in a few days and see if anyone wants to help. I'll do what I can to sprite them, but I don't think any of us are experienced enough to pull off the backsprites very well. Plus, the bigger the team the faster the game will be release and the more polished it will be per release.

Update: All the Digimon in game now have changed stats. Just a few movesets left and a glitch to fix until the release. If your curious about the glitch: After healing your party in Viridian City if your digimon all faint you will be transported to Blain's gym, a glitched healing animation will occur, then you'll be stuck in the room with Blain. You can fight him of course, but his digimon are over level 40 lol. So I need to figure out what I messed up there.
Your glitch can be fixed by using the set healing place command.

When the world is in its final moments..
Where will you be?
Old June 29th, 2012, 05:52 PM
NG55
Unhatched Egg

I'd like to make a Digimon hack of my own if anyone wants to help
Old June 30th, 2012, 03:43 PM
NG55
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Well, my mom didn't let me have the computer back while the school is ranking the students :D Btw, yesterday, I added a few Digimon to the Digidex, but I recognized 1 thing: There are so many Digimon in the Digiworld! Much more than Pokemon. But in Pokemon FR, the Pokedex just only accepts 387 (386 + ?) datas. I've got 241 datas, and it's nearly 2/3 the Digidex. So if anyone could find a way to add new pokemon to the game, plz help us, if you wanna see a first full Digimon hack :D

And btw, where should we put the DNA - Digivolved digimons? after their main branch (Stingmon, Ankylomon, Aquillamon,...) or in the rest?
Maybe he could make a sequel off the base hack and add new Digimon, like leave some out, and then put them in a sequel
Old June 30th, 2012, 06:46 PM
NG55
Unhatched Egg

Are you going to upload a base game download so I can use your sprites? I want sprites badly, I could even make a Pokemon game but with Digimon characters.
Old July 1st, 2012, 01:50 AM
rakireid
UlforceVeedramon Master

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to rakireid
Please do not ask for stuff from this team for making your own hack there are plenty of tools and guides within these forums to help and use google to find the sprites you need just like this team have done thank you.
Old July 1st, 2012, 05:00 AM
Tcoppy
Toq 6
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by rakireid View Post
Please do not ask for stuff from this team for making your own hack there are plenty of tools and guides within these forums to help and use google to find the sprites you need just like this team have done thank you.
Just so you know, the base patch is for the sprites and all you need to make a digimon/pokemon crossover hack.
Anyway, I can't wait to see what the base patch has in store, good luck!
Old July 1st, 2012, 07:41 AM
NG55
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakireid View Post
Please do not talk to me like that. There's absolutely nothing on google that has sprites for what I want and they said they would release a base hack so people could make their own game.
Old July 1st, 2012, 08:21 AM
NG55
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoppy View Post
Just so you know, the base patch is for the sprites and all you need to make a digimon/pokemon crossover hack.
The base patch isn't out yet is it?
Old July 1st, 2012, 04:07 PM
interdpth
I've seen things, man.

I am in love with this so much.

potato is not here.

bye
Old July 2nd, 2012, 07:02 AM
NG55
Unhatched Egg

I have a Kari sprite (the front) made from Pokemon Ruby's May. If you want to see it PM me.
Old July 2nd, 2012, 07:33 AM
Epitaph93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoppy View Post
That's exactly right. Thanks for clearing that up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NG55 View Post
The base patch isn't out yet is it?
Not yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by interdpth View Post
I am in love with this so much.
Thanks, we all appreciate that
Old July 2nd, 2012, 11:03 AM
NG55
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epitaph93 View Post
That's exactly right. Thanks for clearing that up.

Not yet.

Thanks, we all appreciate that
Can you send me the sprites that you have? It might sound like a dick thing to say but I want them and I don't want to wait a long time just to get sprites for a game I'm making that doesn't have Digimon in it. It'll just have the characters.

You'll have to convert the sprite if you want to use it or modify it, if not then I can send you a copy of the game it's in somehow, possibly through skype
Attached Images
File Type: png 89_0.png‎ (400 Bytes, 149 views) (Save to Dropbox)

Last edited by DrFuji; July 2nd, 2012 at 03:51 PM. Reason: Merging consecutive posts
Old July 3rd, 2012, 02:22 AM
Loonie
Mischievous Gamer

Wow Nice game Guys I wish for the best and is completetion keep up the good work dudes
Old July 3rd, 2012, 06:04 PM
DiamondBlueMoon
The powerful Tyranitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by NG55 View Post
Can you send me the sprites that you have? It might sound like a dick thing to say but I want them and I don't want to wait a long time just to get sprites for a game I'm making that doesn't have Digimon in it. It'll just have the characters.

You'll have to convert the sprite if you want to use it or modify it, if not then I can send you a copy of the game it's in somehow, possibly through skype
I don't want to bring up a fight here, but I'm so annoyed that I have to say. You don't want to wait a long time? fine, there are only 2 options for you:
1: Join us, and you can make a hack easier with help. You don't have to take care of all the works from sprite to tiles to scripts
2: Shut up and do your own, because "He who would have fruit must climb the tree". Our sprites aren't the best, so you can find some on IT. We DO find on IT, so if you aren't satisfied with the sprite on IT, you shouldn't want this patch so much lol.
I am really angry when sb just sat there, asked us to hurry up and then takes the achievement of us. And I laughed a lot when I saw your OW sprite of Kari. WTH is that man, lol, is it a kind of new antagonist team =))
And the base patch is just a kind of trailer, or the patch to know-your-comment, because according to it, we would want to see the comments about sprite, or OW, or anything we were missing, not to steal or free - using, OK?

Really sorry Epi or stocko if you guys don't agree with me about things above, I wrote it just because I want to protect our project, until the final end... Hope you guys could understand me

Old July 3rd, 2012, 09:21 PM
itman
Back to ROM hacking. :D

Nature: Adamant
While I was never really I to digimon, I do like the idea. It's always Good to see interesting hacks. I do have a few suggestions. :)

1. Some of the sprites need to be cleaned up and proportionate, Agumon is an example. Wichu's sprite positioner can help as well with a few of the sprites in battle.
2. I already see an existing fire red script (the first oak one)...clearly you know how to script, so I would definitely suggest changing the beginning. You don't want people thinking they're playing fire red...you want them to think they're playing digimon, xP
3. This is not necessarily hack related...but your hack thread is wayyyy to long. It's not presented very well, which could turn people off. I would suggest cleaning and shortening the thread up.
Old July 4th, 2012, 04:48 AM
stocko
Toast Engineer

Nature: Bold
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to stocko
Hey NG55, try the site "http://withthewill.net". If you don't like what they have to offer, you won't like what we have to offer...

DBM, I understand where you're coming from, just cool it haha. Don't get too worked up over this. Use your energy for the hack

Also, got a few icons done this arvo. I'm trying to get back into the groove of doing a few little things in my spare time, especially since it's school holidays now!

I support these hacks
Old July 4th, 2012, 04:58 AM
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
I don't want to bring up a fight here, but I'm so annoyed that I have to say. You don't want to wait a long time? fine, there are only 2 options for you:
1: Join us, and you can make a hack easier with help. You don't have to take care of all the works from sprite to tiles to scripts
2: Shut up and do your own, because "He who would have fruit must climb the tree". Our sprites aren't the best, so you can find some on IT. We DO find on IT, so if you aren't satisfied with the sprite on IT, you shouldn't want this patch so much lol.
I am really angry when sb just sat there, asked us to hurry up and then takes the achievement of us. And I laughed a lot when I saw your OW sprite of Kari. WTH is that man, lol, is it a kind of new antagonist team =))
And the base patch is just a kind of trailer, or the patch to know-your-comment, because according to it, we would want to see the comments about sprite, or OW, or anything we were missing, not to steal or free - using, OK?

Really sorry Epi or stocko if you guys don't agree with me about things above, I wrote it just because I want to protect our project, until the final end... Hope you guys could understand me
I don't mean to add Fuel to the Fire but this was totally "Pwned" lol. I couldn't help but laugh at the Kari OW comment.
Anyways, keep up the good work guys. As I've said before, I want to play this hack very badly.
Old July 4th, 2012, 08:16 AM
merveillie
Beginning Trainer

do you already have an idea when we can expect the first version ?
Old July 4th, 2012, 03:13 PM
Epitaph93

@NG55 We will release the patch when we release it, and we will release all the content along with it. What we won't do is give privileged material such as sprites to people who are not part of our team. I appreciate your interest in the hack and the Kari sprite(although it isn't up to our standards) but I started this project from scratch myself because no one had created this and I would expect you to do the same or wait for the final release so that you have the materials we've prepared for people like you.

@DBM While I agree with you, chill out bro lol

@itman I agree with all your points and I've been working on all of them

@merville As soon as I fix a few movesets and glitches
Old July 4th, 2012, 04:46 PM
DiamondBlueMoon
The powerful Tyranitar

Thanks Epi, anyways
Btw, I think you should spend some time taking care of the 1st post of this thread, maybe you can use my titles which i posted somewhere on this thread. Also, I think that i can handle the backsprites now Next month, I'm back to school, so I'm working hard now Leave the Another sprite folder to me

Old July 4th, 2012, 09:26 PM
naruto4000

Wow nice hack man i've been following this hack for a while my first post on the site ever i think wish i could help with it but to bad i can't hack at all
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links