Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 9th, 2012 (09:52 PM).
Correspondence

Well Umbreon needs a full Happiness/Friendship gauge towards the owner for it to evolve so i don't think it will try to poison me...just people that piss me off.

Also almost every pokemon can learn Toxic so it would be redundant to worry about that i think.
Old December 9th, 2012 (09:58 PM).
awolfsquared
Goomy is love, Goomy is life.
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to awolfsquared
Quote originally posted by glitchguy:
Username:glitchguy
What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: Most of the Dark-type pokemon are pretty fast and have a decent movepool so having them in your party in a must i think.
Your partners: Umbreon and Zoroark.
What Types rule: I guess i have to say Dark-types or i would get beat up.

Answer the current topic:
Hmm..Umbreon will probably stay loyal to me but Zoroark might try to play a trick on me with its Illusion.
Welcome to the club glitchguy!
#704 Goomy
Supporter Collab January 2015
tumblr | ask me things
paired to hikamaru
Old December 10th, 2012 (05:02 AM).
CourageHound
Trust & Courage. Nothing More

Nature: Lonely
@Glitchguy So Umbreon and Zoroark eh? Thats a neat pair of partners ya got there. Mind telling us how you came to choose them as your partners ?
Old December 11th, 2012 (07:23 AM).
Correspondence

Well Umbreon was the first Dark-type pokemon i had in my team and Zoroark was the latest so i thought what the hell.Plus their movepool is pretty good.
Old December 12th, 2012 (08:55 PM).
CourageHound

Hmm...I'm just gunna put the current topic on hold for now and suggest a new one. If anyone would like to go back and answer that topic, by all means go for it.

New Topic: Is there any dark type that seems lacking in certain or many areas and how would you buff that dark type?

Well my #1 pokemon for this topic would be mightyena. Bad stats across the board except for average attack, almost no move pool....at all, and despite its supposed saving grace in movie as a hidden ability, Mightyena is still very bad to use in serious battles. I think the Hyena-wolf deserves more. An entire stat revamp would be much appreciated, the defenses staying almost the same, but more focused on speed and attack. More or some new moves for crying out loud, and a unique new ability that will set it apart from its dark type brethren. More in detail later.

Mightyena could also possibly need an evo?
Old December 17th, 2012 (02:36 AM).
awolfsquared
Community Supporter

Is there any dark type that seems lacking in certain or many areas and how would you buff that dark type?

Mightyena is one that comes to mind. It's stats are pretty weak for what you expect a hyena Pokemon would have. It has good attack but that's just it. All it really needs is a major boost in stats and a better movepool.

Also had trouble with Purrloin and Liepard. I used one on my White team thinking it would be good but it ended up being a disappointment to me. It has pretty love Defense and HP and it would faint easily. I would increase it's HP to at least 80 or 90 and Defense/ Spe Defense to about 90-95. It would be a little better then.
#704 Goomy
tumblr | ask me things
paired to hikamaru
Old December 17th, 2012 (06:28 AM).
Correspondence

Is there any dark type that seems lacking in certain or many areas and how would you buff that dark type?

I gotta agree with you guys.Mightyena and Liepard's stats are just horrible and they really don't have such a great movepool.I thought they would make a good addition to my in team in Ruby and White but i regretted the decision later.
Old December 17th, 2012 (06:39 AM).
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Weavile instantly comes to mind; it's huge lack of defensive capabilities makes it a really tough Pokémon to train and use effectively since it always ends up dying before it can do any real damage. However I wouldn't increase its Defence, rather I'd increase its Attack since it's meant to be a super fast ninja Pokémon that sweeps like there's no tomorrow. If it could get a higher Attack stat then it'd be much more suited to this role and it wouldn't need the extra Defence as much since it'd be able to kill most things before they could attack it. It'd still be completely open to Mach Punch and Bullet Punch, but hey, every Pokémon needs a weakness haha.

Also like you both said above, Mightyena certainly could do with an evolution. I absolutely loved it when I first saw Mightyena but a wolf Pokémon looking that badass really should have some better stats to support its intimidating appearance. It's a shame that it does't have much to work with, otherwise it's a Pokémon I'd definitely want to use more. What kind of evolution could it have though? It's already looking pretty huge as it is...
Old December 20th, 2012 (11:21 PM).
CourageHound

Maybe another pokemon that could use a buff wud be Mawhile. Pretty terrible stats, even worse than mightyena(no offense) and is also lacking movepool while. Maybe an evolution is an order? Or a major defensive state increase along with attack. Seing as mawhile s pretty unique I think a handy signature move isnt too far-fetched.

ALSO:

I was thinking of collaborating an event along with AWsquared. If anyone has an idea for a cool event for the club, feel free to suggest ideas
Old December 22nd, 2012 (10:28 PM).
MonoSpectator
Neighborhood Psycho

Username: MonoSpectator
What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: I think that they are mysterious and can be rather sneaky. They can also be fierce too I've always loved Dark-Type Pokemon! They need more credit
Your partners: Umbreon and Hydreigon
What Types rule: Dark Types Rule :3
Answer the current topic: I'd say that my favorite dark-type so far is still Umbreon. I've liked Umbreon ever since I first saw it in Pokemon Coloseum. I hadn't played much Pokemon prior, so I wasn't really familiar with the Eeveelutions that much. On the idea of Lucario being a Dark-Type, I say no. Lucario is more of a...'light' kind of Pokemon and doesn't seem to really fit with other Dark-types. He seems more 'pure' overall.

I have Pokemon Y and Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Friend Code: 4785 - 5940 - 4980 (Poison Friend Safari Kakuna/Ariados/Muk - PM me to add me!)

~Tumblr/Youtube/FictionPress/FIMFiction/deviantART/GPXPlus/Figment Writing Profile ~
Old December 23rd, 2012 (04:42 AM). Edited December 23rd, 2012 by awolfsquared.
awolfsquared
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by CourageHound:
Maybe another pokemon that could use a buff wud be Mawhile. Pretty terrible stats, even worse than mightyena(no offense) and is also lacking movepool while. Maybe an evolution is an order? Or a major defensive state increase along with attack. Seing as mawhile s pretty unique I think a handy signature move isnt too far-fetched.

ALSO:

I was thinking of collaborating an event along with AWsquared. If anyone has an idea for a cool event for the club, feel free to suggest ideas
Feel free to message me about that cause I have ideas what so ever.

Quote originally posted by MonoSpectator:
What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: I think that they are mysterious and can be rather sneaky. They can also be fierce too I've always loved Dark-Type Pokemon! They need more credit
Answer the current topic: I'd say that my favorite dark-type so far is still Umbreon. I've liked Umbreon ever since I first saw it in Pokemon Coloseum. I hadn't played much Pokemon prior, so I wasn't really familiar with the Eeveelutions that much. On the idea of Lucario being a Dark-Type, I say no. Lucario is more of a...'light' kind of Pokemon and doesn't seem to really fit with other Dark-types. He seems more 'pure' overall.

Welcome to the club MonoSpectator! I'm the not-so-active club owner. >.>

Hope you enjoy your stay!

EDIT: OH MY GOD I just notice we're the featured club at the moment. That's really an unexpected honor. :') Thanks Alex or who suggested it.
#704 Goomy
tumblr | ask me things
paired to hikamaru
Old December 23rd, 2012 (07:15 PM).
CourageHound

Quote originally posted by MonoSpectator:
Those are some nifty partners . Is there anything you'd change about their stats, moveset, or overall performance in battle for either of em?
Old December 24th, 2012 (07:06 AM).
awolfsquared
Community Supporter

Ok new topic to exploit the fact that we're the current Featured club and gain more members to keep the club going.

If you were to make a monotype Dark team, what Pokemon would you use?

Here's would be mine:

Preferred if Umbreon is shiny cause I like it better.

Go away and discuss!
#704 Goomy
tumblr | ask me things
paired to hikamaru
Old December 25th, 2012 (09:31 PM).
Mithel_Celestia
Alluring Illusion

Quote originally posted by AWsquared:

Already planned one. Gym Leader Myth is the owner.

Mightyena M Lvl: 67
Intimidate; Toxic Orb
Moveset:
Facade, Sucker Punch, Dig, Protect

Houndoom M Lvl: 68
Flash Fire; Passho Berry
Moveset:
Sunny Day, Solar Beam, Dark Pulse, Fire Blast

Umbreon M Lvl: 68
Synchronize; Leftovers
Moveset:
Embargo, Curse, Payback, Moonlight

Zoroark M Lvl: 69
Illusion; King's Rock
Moveset:
Dark Pulse, Extrasensory, Flamethrower, Grass Knot

Absol M Lvl: 69
Super Luck; Razor Claw
Moveset:
Perish Song, Stone Edge, Psycho Cut, Night Slash

Hydreigon M Lvl: 71
Levitate; White Herb
Moveset:
Draco Meteor, Psych Up, Dark Pulse, Fire Blast

Trainer Data:
Full Name: Mithel "Myth" Celestia
Hometown: Lacunosa Town
Trainer class: Ranger, Psychic, Deceiver*
Specializes in: Dark, Psychic-Types

*Deceiver (Japanese: 奇術師 Illusionist) is a type of trainer class who specializes in Illusions and deceptive tactics to take advantage of their opponents. They are tricksters and tend to disguise themselves as another trainer class to deceive challenging trainers, but soon break off of it as soon as they are found. They tend to use annoyer and stall tactics such as Embargo and Swagger along with bulky and fast Dark-types like Zoroark and Umbreon to give trainers a hard time during battle.
Old December 26th, 2012 (02:56 AM).
Hikamaru
and a day ♥
Community Supporter

This would be my ideal Dark-type team:

I mainly chose these ones due to having cool designs, handy movepools and good type combinations. Not to mention I loved how awesome they are!
Old December 26th, 2012 (03:29 PM).
PhoenixWright77
Pokémaster Attorney

Nature: Calm
What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: When I think of Dark type Pokemon, I think of one word:AWESOME! I always loved their awesomely unique designs and their strong moves! That is why I think DARK TYPES RULE!
Your partners: Scrafty and Crawdaunt
What Types rule:Dark types of course!
Answer the current topic: A monotype team, huh. Alright, this would be my team
Scrafty: Because it's the evolution of my favorite pokemon!
Skunktank: Because it's a skunk! Nuff said.
Spirtomb: I REALLY like this Pokemon's design
Crawdaunt: Because it evolves from Corfish who used to be my favorite pokemon!
Zoroark: Because it's ability is tottaly AWESOME!!
Liepard: Because I really like cats for some reason

Pokemon Y friend code:0559-6785-8830
Remember to PM me if you add me!
Old December 27th, 2012 (07:55 AM).
Correspondence

If you were to make a monotype Dark team, what Pokemon would you use?:

This would be my team.

Mainly because they have a good movepool and good coverage.
Old December 27th, 2012 (12:03 PM).
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Hey guys, just a quick reminder to please explain your choices when you're answering topics like this rather than just listing a team :)

Quote originally posted by AWsquared:

First up is Deino! This would be my partner since it's honestly such an adorable Pokémon and I'd love to have one as my best friend. I know it's not the strongest Pokémon out there but it far makes up for it in personality and charm. I'd also never let it evolve since it's much cuter as a Deino :3

Up next is Krookodile! This beast of a Pokémon is the first real battler since his huge structure and fierce appearance gives him a great advantage of fear over the other Pokémon whilst his stats and diverse move pool support this greatly, making it a very good Pokémon in general.

Complementing Krookodile well is Drapion. Going for similar tactics to Krookodile's fear and brute strength, Drapion is another Pokémon with a lot of potential in battle and a great move pool to pick from. I love Poison types so he's a perfect member for me to use and his stall tactics are great. Plus his mouth tassel things are adorable n.n

Sharpedo is next for one main reason; IT'S A FREAKING SHARK. How much cooler can you get than a massive badass evil shark? His Speed boost ability and respectable Attack give Sharpedo a great advantage over a whole range of Pokémon and with a semi decent move pool coupled with some pretty useful defences, Sharpedo is a Pokémon that can be devastating once set up properly.

Next to join the team is Crawdaunt since once again, it's a complete badass of a Pokémon. It has great stats and a very interesting typing to work with and it's a walking lobster that punches people in the face - what more could you possibly want? It's a Pokémon that I've always loved so it definitely has a place on my team.

Last but by no means least is Bisharp! This was a Pokémon that I had always convinced myself I wouldn't like based on his inability to be hugged, but he's earned a place on the team as a result of having a great attack stat and some pretty decent speed and some decent STAB moves to back it up with - also a resistance to Toxic is always very useful. It's a shame about the 4x Fighting weakness but at least there's Pokémon like Drapion to solve that.

Honourable mentions go to Weavile and Umbreon which were both very close to making the team based on their offensive capabilities and general awesomeness, but both are really overused so they'd be far too easy to counter D:
Old December 27th, 2012 (01:39 PM).
CourageHound

If you were to make a mono dark team what pokemon would you use?

My team would consist of;

Zoroark: A very nice lead, that is sure to confound the enemy

Honchcrow: Extreemly powerful with its stab moves, high attack, and moxie to sweep opponents.

Sharpedo: Similar to Honchrow however, Sharpedo takes the route of overwhelming speed instead of overwhelming power

Hydreigon: Its Hydreigon. Nuff said. Something is gunna go down with him oin your team

Scrafty: Potent defensive threat, almost immune to status with shed skin, and can sweep with enough bulk ups

Spiritomb: Complements Zoroark's illusion adequately and can provide both offensive and defensive support
Old December 28th, 2012 (11:11 PM).
awolfsquared
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by PhoenixWright77:
What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: When I think of Dark type Pokemon, I think of one word:AWESOME! I always loved their awesomely unique designs and their strong moves! That is why I think DARK TYPES RULE!
Your partners: Scrafty and Crawdaunt
What Types rule:Dark types of course!
Answer the current topic: A monotype team, huh. Alright, this would be my team
Scrafty: Because it's the evolution of my favorite pokemon!
Skunktank: Because it's a skunk! Nuff said.
Spirtomb: I REALLY like this Pokemon's design
Crawdaunt: Because it evolves from Corfish who used to be my favorite pokemon!
Zoroark: Because it's ability is tottaly AWESOME!!
Liepard: Because I really like cats for some reason
Welcome to the club Pheonix!!

Good teams everyone. I was gonna actually have Skuntank on mine cause I love that guy. It's a very underrated Pokemon.

Which leads to the next topic;

Is there a Dark-type Pokemon that you think is underrated? Why do you think so?

I pretty much answered this already. A year ago , I got a used copy of Pokemon Diamond with my Christmas money to replace my copy of Diamond that I lost in a hotel when my family went to vacation in Atlanta. Before restarting, I decided to play the last save file for a bit , catch the Lake Guardians and some other Pokemon ,and transfer the Pokemon to my HeartGold and white versions. The last player had some really bad Pokemon in his boxes with awful nicknames including a Stuntank named Bad Purple. So I figured I'd add him to my party. He ended up being one of my key players. It has a good moveset especially Flamethrower and Explosion and pretty decent stats. I've been using one on my current Diamond and Bad Purple rests in a box in my White version name intact. I even named my Stunky in Diamond Bad Purple for old times sake.
#704 Goomy
tumblr | ask me things
paired to hikamaru
Old January 2nd, 2013 (10:29 AM).
CourageHound

I think of Mightyena as underrated. Although he may not be nearly as powerful as other dark types, he can ocasionally get some work done. Mightyena share both moxie and sucker puch with Honchcrow. So? That means, although somewhat less effective and alot more situational, Mightyena can possibly sweep similar to honchcrow.
Old January 6th, 2013 (11:26 PM).
MichaelSK16
Pokemon Connoisseur

Nature: Mild
Username:MichaelSK16
What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: Dark-types are, in my opinion, the coolest Pokemon. They always have a somewhat-sinister look to them, and look like they get into a lot of mischief. Plus, they have this cool feel to them.
Your partners: (Up to two) Sneasel amd Sableye
What Types rule: Dark types rule!

I think Sableye is underrated. It has no weaknesses. The only problem is that it was completely decimated in the process of being created. Poor stats and a less-than-stellar movepool make him a less-than-desirable choice. While I guess that makes Sableye's less-than-popular appeal understandable, I still feel that it should be given more credit for what it was given.

- Bill Cosby
Old January 7th, 2013 (03:55 PM).
CourageHound

Quote originally posted by MichaelSK16:
Username:MichaelSK16
What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: Dark-types are, in my opinion, the coolest Pokemon. They always have a somewhat-sinister look to them, and look like they get into a lot of mischief. Plus, they have this cool feel to them.
Your partners: (Up to two) Sneasel amd Sableye
What Types rule: Dark types rule!

I think Sableye is underrated. It has no weaknesses. The only problem is that it was completely decimated in the process of being created. Poor stats and a less-than-stellar movepool make him a less-than-desirable choice. While I guess that makes Sableye's less-than-popular appeal understandable, I still feel that it should be given more credit for what it was given.
Welcome to the club! Looks like a very sneaky team . And yea i do agree that sabyle is underrated by most due to the above reason. But Sableye did get a big boost 5th gen from its dream world abillity; prankster. With that it gets +1 priority on its passive moves, most notably being will-o-wisp, recover, and taunt letting him become a great supporter/disrupter. Not only that but now it can also use other's power against them with foul play, so not all is lost for Sableye :D.
Old January 8th, 2013 (08:00 AM).
awolfsquared
Community Supporter

Welcome to the club Michael! I agree with with you, Sableye is ver underrated.

Sorry for my absence , I've been somewhat busy. Anyway, since we've got new Pokemon games coming out, time for a new topic:

Pokemon X and Y have been announced which means Gen VI is around the corner. What kind of Dark-type Pokemon you want to see introduced in Generation VI? (Meaning new type-combos/ new Pokemon either based on animals,object,etc.)

Go ahead and shorten it if you like.
#704 Goomy
tumblr | ask me things
paired to hikamaru
Old January 8th, 2013 (03:18 PM).
CourageHound

What kind of Dark-type Pokemon you want to see introduced in Generation VI?

I wanna see more new animals mostly and I want for those new pokemon to be able to shine just as dark types have been for the past 5 generations. Just plain awesome

As for stradegies, i'd like to see more dark type moves that are both powerful and center their focus on trickery. Like a move that confuses the opponent into randomizing its battle stats. Like have speed switch with def, and def with sp attack, etc. Things like that. But in short, we just need more dark moves.

Sponsored Links