Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 8th, 2013 (04:09 PM).
PhoenixWright77
Pokémaster Attorney

Nature: Calm
What kind of Dark-type Pokemon you want to see introduced in Generation VI?

I would like to see some kind of ninja-like dark type Pokemon. That would be pretty cool. Also, I think the grass type starter might be part dark type because it uses a dark type move in the video and like CourageHound already said, more dark type moves would be awesome!
Old January 14th, 2013 (06:45 PM).
CourageHound
Trust & Courage. Nothing More

Nature: Lonely
Elaborating, I know we have moves like sucker punch, crunch, foul play, night slash, and dark pulse as notable dark type moves...and thats it. :L Its not like we are scrap for moves its just the dark type doesnt seem to have cmoon moves much power behind their attacks(and by that i mean a dark type move with base 100 or more) or very much dark utility moves besides taunt. I'd like to see some moreof those.
Old January 15th, 2013 (11:02 AM).
Correspondence

I'm really hoping for Yveltal to be a dark type because it looks like one.As for the others hopefully they'll be like in the past with awesome designs.I'm agreeing with courage to have a Dark-type move that has a base attack of 100 or more.
Old January 19th, 2013 (01:57 AM).
awolfsquared
Not wearin glasses.I wanna look awesome.
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to awolfsquared
Quote originally posted by CourageHound:

I wanna see more new animals mostly and I want for those new pokemon to be able to shine just as dark types have been for the past 5 generations. Just plain awesome

As for stradegies, i'd like to see more dark type moves that are both powerful and center their focus on trickery. Like a move that confuses the opponent into randomizing its battle stats. Like have speed switch with def, and def with sp attack, etc. Things like that. But in short, we just need more dark moves.
Really like this trickery like move idea, would give Dark-types more of an advantage and then maybe it could confuse the opponent which ultimately leads to more damage. Plus I would really like having a Dark move with more than 100 damage.

Yeah not good at keeping this club active. But I guess we can have another Gen VI related topic.

Do you think we'll see any Dark type legendary Pokemon in Gen VI?

Personally I see Yveltal as being part Dark-type. Hopefully it's Dark/Flying cause we only have 4 of those (Vullaby and Murkrow's family) but none are a Legendary pokemon so it would be unique. The way it looks with the red and black and the veins just makes it look like it fits with the Dark types.
Old January 19th, 2013 (04:33 AM).
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Yvetii... Yeveyla... Yetevel... the black bird thing! I don't remember his name exactly (so I'll just steal it from the post above >:]), but I agree with most of the people above thinking that Yveltal is definitely looking to be a Dark type. Probably with Xerneas as a Psychic type so the two can have some kind of struggle going on, maybe a whole good vs evil situation where good is disadvantaged since it can't hurt Dark types so the hero has to help or..? I have no idea, but basically I'm expecting Yveltal to be dark haha. Other than that, I think we're quite low on Dark type legendaries (Darkrai being the only one I can think of, but I'm not entirely awake :p), so I'd definitely love to see some more. I think a Dark type land-air-starfish-design would be incredibly cool. It could hover above the land streaming out jets of black clouds to engulf the world in twilight and look badass whilst doing it. Cool? I think so!
Old January 19th, 2013 (04:51 AM).
CourageHound

Haha, yush I do agree in hopes that Yveltal will be dark type. Like the above said, it would make even greater sense if Xerneas was psychic type. But ya never know. Its color scheme and design definately shouts "Dark!". But in any situation, I guess it would depend on their story roles. Heck, Xerneas with its sparkling antlers may be even able to change type.
Old January 21st, 2013 (04:02 AM).
awolfsquared
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by AlexOzzyCake:
. I think a Dark type land-air-starfish-design would be incredibly cool. It could hover above the land streaming out jets of black clouds to engulf the world in twilight and look badass whilst doing it. Cool? I think so!
Honestly this sounds like a really cool idea for a legendary. I think maybe a evil ninja like Dark-type legendary would neat that would have a Stealth Mode or Stealth-Form and had the ability to attack incognito like. Yeah Accelgor is probably a ninja-based Pokemon, but it's a Bug-type. D:
Old January 22nd, 2013 (01:17 PM).
CourageHound

Quote originally posted by AWsquared:
I think maybe a evil ninja like Dark-type legendary would neat that would have a Stealth Mode or Stealth-Form and had the ability to attack incognito like.
Now youve got me thinkin about some kinda dark type starmie with an altered shadow force. Maybe the pokemon wud have the abillity to spin sooo fast, it became one with the shadows till it slowed down?(if that makes sense?)
Old January 25th, 2013 (03:28 AM). Edited January 25th, 2013 by FluffyChickon.
FluffyChickon
A Chick-on of Fluffy

What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: cluk cluk burrrak (that they're strong sly and are super awsome)
Your partners: cluk!!! (cacture for sure)
What Types rule: clukk burrr cluk clukclu (dark!!! is there any other type?)
Answer the current topic: burrrrrrark!!!! (they need a hectic dog/wolf ledgerndary pokemon related to the moon!! like keeper of the moon!! i would borther catching that dawg!!! marster ball the fool!!)

and the the above conversations. i agree that the "Y" pokemon looks dark!! dark/flying even but who cares! and we need a OP dark move like... dark force? or demon slash? like a over powering attack that also lowers attack or defence?

Fluffy Chickon a Dark
type expert appeared!!

Old January 25th, 2013 (04:58 PM).
Alpha King
Man's Best Friend
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Yahoo to Alpha King
Username: WeightyWillBill
What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: They are cool lol. They have awesome attacking stats
Your partners: Houndoom and Weavile
What Types rule: Dark lol
Answer the current topic: It's very possible that Yveltal is Dark type, but GF has only really given the Dark-love to Darkrai ):

Old January 25th, 2013 (09:14 PM).
Mithel_Celestia
Alluring Illusion

Yveltal being part Dark type is stongly hinted by it's name origin:

"It may also be derived from yvel (a Middle English spelling of evil) and quetzal." - Bulbapedia

Trainer Data:
Full Name: Mithel "Myth" Celestia
Hometown: Lacunosa Town
Trainer class: Ranger, Psychic, Deceiver*
Specializes in: Dark, Psychic-Types

*Deceiver (Japanese: 奇術師 Illusionist) is a type of trainer class who specializes in Illusions and deceptive tactics to take advantage of their opponents. They are tricksters and tend to disguise themselves as another trainer class to deceive challenging trainers, but soon break off of it as soon as they are found. They tend to use annoyer and stall tactics such as Embargo and Swagger along with bulky and fast Dark-types like Zoroark and Umbreon to give trainers a hard time during battle.
Old January 26th, 2013 (08:35 AM).
awolfsquared
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by FluffyChickon:
What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: cluk cluk burrrak (that they're strong sly and are super awsome)
Your partners: cluk!!! (cacture for sure)
What Types rule: clukk burrr cluk clukclu (dark!!! is there any other type?)
Answer the current topic: burrrrrrark!!!! (they need a hectic dog/wolf ledgerndary pokemon related to the moon!! like keeper of the moon!! i would borther catching that dawg!!! marster ball the fool!!)

and the the above conversations. i agree that the "Y" pokemon looks dark!! dark/flying even but who cares! and we need a OP dark move like... dark force? or demon slash? like a over powering attack that also lowers attack or defence?
Quote originally posted by WeightyWillBill:
Username: WeightyWillBill
What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: They are cool lol. They have awesome attacking stats
Your partners: Houndoom and Weavile
What Types rule: Dark lol
Answer the current topic: It's very possible that Yveltal is Dark type, but GF has only really given the Dark-love to Darkrai ):
Welcome to the club both of you.

Gah we're in need of a new topic but I can't think of one. Hahaha.

CourageHound please help.
Old January 27th, 2013 (01:27 AM).
CourageHound

The calvary has arrived

Sorry been a bit busy lately :L...

Anyway new topic: viewing Dark type Pokemon and the dark type itself what would you classified it's greatest strengths and weaknesses to be?
Old January 30th, 2013 (09:16 PM).
awolfsquared
Community Supporter

Ok then

Viewing Dark type Pokemon and the dark type itself what would you classified it's greatest strengths and weaknesses to be?

I would say that one Dark-types greatest strength is their strong Attack. On average most fully evolved Dark-types have at least 100 base stats, Krookodile, Tyranittar, Bisharp and Honchkrow having the most. And all around they are good physical attackers mainly cause of the physical/special spilt of Gen IV. They also have immunity to Psychic types, which is also a plus. Their greatest weakness would have to be their lack of Defense. Generally Dark-types seem to have low to average defense and they're pretty notable for having no strong stats trend except Attack. But there are some exceptions with this. Umbreon, Tyranittar, Mandibuzz, Bisharp, Scrafty , Drapion and Spiritomb all have pretty high Defense.
Old January 31st, 2013 (04:43 AM).
hughes

May I please join the club?

Username: hughes
What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: I think they're the coolest looking batch of the all the types.
Your partners: (Up to two) Houndoom and Weavile
What Types rule: Dark-types rule!
Answer the current topic: I think dark type's greatest strength is their advantages over ghost and psychic type pokemon. I always use them as a foil while fighting the Elite 4. Their greatest weakness, I'd say, is their lack of moves. Some new moves are heading in the right step, like Dark Pulse and Punishment, but I'd like more. (I also understand that this is because there are not as many dark pokemon, but I'd like more nonetheless.)

Friend Safari:

My Trade Shop: Amestris Trade Shop & Breeding Services
My Pokemon Tumblr: Lumiose Cafe
Old January 31st, 2013 (06:01 AM).
Hikamaru
i am a fire escape
Community Supporter

Viewing Dark type Pokemon and the dark type itself what would you classified it's greatest strengths and weaknesses to be?

Like what AWsquared said, the greatest strengths of the Dark-type is their high Attack stat and the fact most learn moves that abuse it well. The fact that most fully-evolved Dark Pokemon have at least 100 in some of their base stats makes them pretty strong, and the fact they can counter Psychics well due to being immune to Psychic attacks. Most Dark-types do tend to lack defenses, but some notable high defensive stat Dark-types include Mandibuzz, Umbreon, Scrafty, Bisharp, Drapion and Spiritomb. Adding on to that, most Dark-types tend to get a secondary type, so far they've combined it with Dragon (Hydreigon line), Fighting (Scrafty line), Flying (Mandibuzz and Honchkrow lines), Ghost (Spiritomb and Sableye), Grass (Cacturne, Nuzleaf and Shiftry), Ground (Krookodile line), Ice (Weavile line), Poison (Skuntank line and Drapion), Rock (Tyranitar), Steel (Bisharp line) and Water (Sharpedo and Crawdaunt lines).

Also, there's loads of tricks involved with most Dark-type attacks, and while most Dark-types are physical attackers, there are a few Special-based Dark-type attackers too such as Hydreigon, Zoroark and Houndoom. It's also only got two weaknesses when unpaired, which is kinda neat despite one of them being the common Fighting-type.
Old January 31st, 2013 (12:51 PM).
Eeveelution Co-ordinator
Budding Breeder/Co-ordinator

Send a message via Skype™ to Eeveelution Co-ordinator
Username: Eeveelution Co-Ordinator
What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: They are amazing looking and really useful battlers who are just the BEST! Also, they are so good, no Gym Leader can handle them. Only the Elite 4 can handle them, sort of...
Your partners: Darkrai and Sableye
What Types rule: Dark types rule!
Answer the current topic:

I would definitely say there greatest strength is the immunity to Psychic-type attacks, making them help bring down the rulers of Pokemon during Gen II. However, their greatest weakness are definitely Bug-types and Fighting-types. Even though they have really high Attack power, this only really helps against Psychic Pokemon, as both Fighting and Bug Pokemon are often raised with high Defence AND Special Defence to counter Flying, Fire, Ice and Psychic Pokemon.

White 2:
Old January 31st, 2013 (08:42 PM).
clydez13
Unhatched Egg

Username: Clydez13
What do you think about dark-type pokemon: I think Dark types are fierce and could absolutely fight on any types, except fighting types.
Your partners: Zoroark and Spiritomb
What types rule: Dark type rules!

Answer to current topic: ●Viewing Dark type Pokemon and the dark type itself what would you classified it's greatest strengths and weaknesses to be?●

Its greatest strength is that it could fight on ANY types of pokemon, except on its weakness that is fighting types.

Quote:
So... Who gets the stick? Miku, or Farfetch'd?
Old January 31st, 2013 (10:00 PM).
awolfsquared
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by hughes:
May I please join the club?

Username: hughes
What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: I think they're the coolest looking batch of the all the types.
Your partners: (Up to two) Houndoom and Weavile
What Types rule: Dark-types rule!
Answer the current topic: I think dark type's greatest strength is their advantages over ghost and psychic type pokemon. I always use them as a foil while fighting the Elite 4. Their greatest weakness, I'd say, is their lack of moves. Some new moves are heading in the right step, like Dark Pulse and Punishment, but I'd like more. (I also understand that this is because there are not as many dark pokemon, but I'd like more nonetheless.)
Sure you can! Welcome to the club!
Quote originally posted by Eeveelution Co-ordinator:
Username: Eeveelution Co-Ordinator
What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: They are amazing looking and really useful battlers who are just the BEST! Also, they are so good, no Gym Leader can handle them. Only the Elite 4 can handle them, sort of...
Your partners: Darkrai and Sableye
What Types rule: Dark types rule!

I would definitely say there greatest strength is the immunity to Psychic-type attacks, making them help bring down the rulers of Pokemon during Gen II. However, their greatest weakness are definitely Bug-types and Fighting-types. Even though they have really high Attack power, this only really helps against Psychic Pokemon, as both Fighting and Bug Pokemon are often raised with high Defence AND Special Defence to counter Flying, Fire, Ice and Psychic Pokemon.
Welcome to the club!

Quote originally posted by clydez13:
Username: Clydez13
What do you think about dark-type pokemon: I think Dark types are fierce and could absolutely fight on any types, except fighting types.
Your partners: Zoroark and Spiritomb
What types rule: Dark type rules!

Answer to current topic: ●Viewing Dark type Pokemon and the dark type itself what would you classified it's greatest strengths and weaknesses to be?●

Its greatest strength is that it could fight on ANY types of pokemon, except on its weakness that is fighting types.
Welcome to the club Clydez!

Hahaha wow three new member in a day. :D
Old February 2nd, 2013 (01:53 PM).
CourageHound

I also wanna give a giant welcome to all the newcomers!! :D

Answering Topic:

As others have said, a premiere advantage of the dark type is their trend of power. Weather it be attack(mostly) or special attack. There are a bunch of hyper offense and super offensive dark types to choose from. However you can say their weakness is not being able to bring much else to the plate. There are a select few dark types with above average defenses and can have roles according to those defenses, but either their secondary types or just simply their weakness to fighting(and their secondary weaknesses) hinder their defensive abillity. Not to mention fighting is a common attacking type.

Our two Ghost/Dark types are defensive but(spiritomb and sableye both have their merits) but suffer from their mosly below average stats. Hopefully gen 6 can somewhat remedy this.
Old February 2nd, 2013 (02:21 PM).
Regeneration
meow
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Regeneration
Dark-Types rule
I prefer ghost type but whatever.

Username: Regeneration
Partner: Darkrai
What do you like about dark types: Their immunity to psychic type moves. Pretty useful for trolling psychic types. =D

Current topic:
Weakness? Them fighting types; turn dark types to pulp because of their low defense. Advantage is primarily to counter ghosts and psychic types and both of them can be pretty damn annoying.
Old February 2nd, 2013 (02:33 PM). Edited February 2nd, 2013 by Lieutenant Unstable.
Lieutenant Unstable
Camelot Castaway

Nature: Impish
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Lieutenant Unstable Send a message via Yahoo to Lieutenant Unstable Send a message via Skype™ to Lieutenant Unstable
Username: Lieutenant Unstable
What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: They're probably my favourite type. They're just so cool and mysterious and awesome!
Your partners: Mightyena <3
What Types rule: DARK TYPES RULES!

●Viewing Dark type Pokemon and the dark type itself what would you classified it's greatest strengths and weaknesses to be?●

I think the greatest strength is that they're so strong against Psychic types, which to me, were always the hardest to beat. Their greatest weakness is their weakness to bug and fighting types =/

My Livejournal __ My Twitter ___ My Facebook

Feel free to PM/VM I'm always looking to make new friends!

75% of Pokemon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their pokemon battle-worthy. If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokemon up legally, put this in your signature.
Old February 2nd, 2013 (02:37 PM).
Regeneration
meow
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Regeneration
Quote originally posted by Lieutenant Unstable:
I think the greatest strength is that they're so strong against Psychic types, which to me, were always the hardest to beat. Their greatest weakness is their weakness to grass and fighting =/
They aren't weak to grass types. I think you got it confused with bug type. =D
Old February 2nd, 2013 (02:39 PM).
awolfsquared
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by Regeneration:
Dark-Types rule
I prefer ghost type but whatever.

Username: Regeneration
Partner: Darkrai
What do you like about dark types: Their immunity to psychic type moves. Pretty useful for trolling psychic types. =D

Current topic:
Weakness? Them fighting types; turn dark types to pulp because of their low defense. Advantage is primarily to counter ghosts and psychic types and both of them can be pretty damn annoying.
Quote originally posted by Lieutenant Unstable:
What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: They're probably my favourite type. They're just so cool and mysterious and awesome!
Your partners: Mightyena <3
What Types rule: DARK TYPES RULES!

●Viewing Dark type Pokemon and the dark type itself what would you classified it's greatest strengths and weaknesses to be?●

I think the greatest strength is that they're so strong against Psychic types, which to me, were always the hardest to beat. Their greatest weakness is their weakness to grass and fighting =/
Welcome to the club both of you, with all this sudden club activity, I've been busy but I'll get around to adding people's names to the list. probably cause of the post-off thing. Hope we can have more discussion going on here, been trying to have this place more active.

@ Lieutenant Unstable. Dark-types do normal damage to Grass type. I'm sure you mean they're weak to Bug-types. But yes, that is one of their biggest weaknesses next to their poor defense.
Old February 2nd, 2013 (03:01 PM).
Lieutenant Unstable
Camelot Castaway

Nature: Impish
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Lieutenant Unstable Send a message via Yahoo to Lieutenant Unstable Send a message via Skype™ to Lieutenant Unstable
Quote originally posted by AWsquared:
Welcome to the club both of you, with all this sudden club activity, I've been busy but I'll get around to adding people's names to the list. probably cause of the post-off thing. Hope we can have more discussion going on here, been trying to have this place more active.

@ Lieutenant Unstable. Dark-types do normal damage to Grass type. I'm sure you mean they're weak to Bug-types. But yes, that is one of their biggest weaknesses next to their poor defense.
Yaaay thank you! :D

Yes, I meant Bug-type but I totally derped >___< I went and edited my post so as not to look like too much of a dummy.

My Livejournal __ My Twitter ___ My Facebook

Feel free to PM/VM I'm always looking to make new friends!

75% of Pokemon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their pokemon battle-worthy. If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokemon up legally, put this in your signature.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links