Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs
Reload this Page [Thieves of the Night] Dark-Type Club ☻

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old May 24th, 2013 (12:00 AM).
Chocolate™
Awesome Dragon
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
To tell the truth I agree with everyone's opinions. Dark types are extremely sly, vicious and cunning monsters. If you need plain raw strength then you have Tyranitar. If you need an asassin then you have Weavile or Zororak. That just goes to show how well all-rounded dark types are and shows why even ghosts fear them. Even brainless fighting types are afraid of Honchkrow, the evil bird.

Anyway as an idea I'd like to suggest that we make a fan-fiction thread and write a story on dark type pokemon together. Maybe about a trainer who uses only dark-types or something like that.
Old May 24th, 2013 (12:11 AM).
awolfsquared
Not wearin glasses.I wanna look awesome.
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to awolfsquared
Quote originally posted by Kanea:

Anyway as an idea I'd like to suggest that we make a fan-fiction thread and write a story on dark type pokemon together. Maybe about a trainer who uses only dark-types or something like that.
That sounds like a pretty cool idea. If anyone want to come up any ideas, feel free to post them here. Anyone would like to volunteer to help write it, please say so.
Old May 26th, 2013 (12:57 PM). Edited May 26th, 2013 by ナギ.
ナギ
P r e p a r e .

sure, i wouldn't mind writing. i need to hone my skills as i'm still not too good at it anyway!
about a trainer who uses only DARKtypes? or a DARKtype Rescue Team (so that we would all play a Pokémon? wait, that's more of an RP than a fanfic.)

hmm. well, did you already have some kind of scenario in mind or were you planning on leaving that blank and thinking it up as we go?

EDIT: Wah-hoops, i missed the ACTUAL topic:
THINK GEN VI DARKtype REVEALS WILL HAPPEN SOON? AT E3?
honestly i have no idea, but for now i'm not counting on it. perhaps if the Gen VI starters really will have their supposed secondary typing (FIRE/PSYCHIC, WATER/FIGHTING, GRASS/DARK) like i've heard rumored, but i'm not getting my hopes up just yet.
for now i just really want to see the starters' final evolutions! even though they probably won't come into view until the actual release...
Old May 26th, 2013 (10:33 PM).
Chocolate™
Awesome Dragon
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by hiinotama:
sure, i wouldn't mind writing. i need to hone my skills as i'm still not too good at it anyway!
about a trainer who uses only DARKtypes? or a DARKtype Rescue Team (so that we would all play a Pokémon? wait, that's more of an RP than a fanfic.)

hmm. well, did you already have some kind of scenario in mind or were you planning on leaving that blank and thinking it up as we go?

EDIT: Wah-hoops, i missed the ACTUAL topic:
honestly i have no idea, but for now i'm not counting on it. perhaps if the Gen VI starters really will have their supposed secondary typing (FIRE/PSYCHIC, WATER/FIGHTING, GRASS/DARK) like i've heard rumored, but i'm not getting my hopes up just yet.
for now i just really want to see the starters' final evolutions! even though they probably won't come into view until the actual release...
I didn't have any scenario in mind once about 5 people vote we can start the fan fiction and discuss the story. A good idea would be about a dark type rescue team that is misunderstood a lot because they're dark types. Basicall we start a fan fiction page and say --Name of the story---- brought to you by Thieves of The Night - The Dark Type Fanclub.
Old May 27th, 2013 (01:38 AM).
LadyNyx

Nature: Bold
Quote originally posted by Kanea:
I didn't have any scenario in mind once about 5 people vote we can start the fan fiction and discuss the story. A good idea would be about a dark type rescue team that is misunderstood a lot because they're dark types. Basicall we start a fan fiction page and say --Name of the story---- brought to you by Thieves of The Night - The Dark Type Fanclub.
I think the fanfiction would be pretty cool. And that's a pretty good idea for a story. I would read it.

Hmm, I'm not sure. It could happen, but I personally think it will be a little while.
Old May 27th, 2013 (02:43 PM).
ナギ
P r e p a r e .

ooh, yeah! that's a really nice twist, to have them being misunderstood all the time for being DARKtypes. mhm. i'm up for it! definitely!

so LadyNyx, if you say you'd read it, does that mean you'd join in writing it?
Old May 27th, 2013 (04:43 PM).
LadyNyx

I'll try. I'm pretty good at writing, but I have a a kinda short attention span. Heheh. *sheepish grin* I'll do my best though! :3
Old May 28th, 2013 (01:59 AM).
Chocolate™
Awesome Dragon
Community Supporter

Fine, we need about 2 more people and then we could start discussing the storyline. Then about 2 weeks later AWSquared can post the thread.
Old May 29th, 2013 (01:15 PM).
Midnight-Umbreon

Nature: Timid
I wouldn't mind helping to write
I have tried writing fan-fiction before and it failed though..... but hopefully co-writing would be better.

Reply to topic
I hope, because I would love a cool dark type pokemon to be revealed which I would love and want to catch. (like Zoura, I became obssed when I saw a picture) and yeah, I make no sense...

Music Is The Escape
Old May 29th, 2013 (09:30 PM).
Hikamaru
I am Oh.
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Do you think any new Dark-types for Gen VI will be revealed soon? Do you think any will be revealed at the presentation at E3?

I could possibly see a Dark-type get revealed sometime soon, plus I'm always thinking Yveltal might be a Dark-type cos of its appearance. I do hope the E3 presentation might reveal some more Pokemon, maybe a Dark-type might be one of them. What I'm really hoping is they introduce a type combination involving Dark that hasn't been used yet. Maybe a Bug/Dark or Electric/Dark. I'm also hoping it's one that looks really badass and might be an eventual team member.
Old June 1st, 2013 (11:02 PM).
awolfsquared
Community Supporter

And now to answer it myself.

Do you think any new Dark-types for Gen VI will be revealed soon? Do you think any will be revealed at the presentation at E3?

I hope there is but I wouldn't be surprised if we get none. I agree with Hikari on Yveltal being part Dark, it just really looks the part and it be cool if they revealed it's typing as Fire/Dark or Flying/Dark. And I'm hoping this time around, we get more Dark types Pokemon with unique typing like Electric/Dark.
Old June 2nd, 2013 (09:13 AM).
ナギ
P r e p a r e .

ooh, yeah! i think Yveltal being part DARK could be really interesting. and plausible. very much indeed.
Makes me wonder if Xerneas would be part PSYCHIC? or the rumoured LIGHT/FAIRY typing i've been hearing about? LIGHT would fit it i suppose, with such bright antlers...

what kind of new DARK/??? type combinations would you want to see in the next games? (ooh, that sounds like a possible topic?)
like we've already established, we'd really need a DARK/ELECTRICtyping. seriously. even if it so obviously should've been LUXRAY.
apart from that, i think maybe a DARK/BUGtyping could be interesting. or DARK/POISON, cause im really not a big fan of Stunky
Old June 4th, 2013 (10:51 AM). Edited June 4th, 2013 by ReeDim.
ReeDim
Pokémusician (H4XH4X0R)

Nature: Relaxed
Username: ReeDim

What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: Dark types Rule! They look amazing and are powerful in battle.

Your partners: Mightyena (Lieutenant) & Absol (Hariken)
Just so you know, Hariken means Hurricane in Japanese.

What Types rule: As said before, Dark Types rule!

Answer the current topic: I hope there are some good dark types revealed in the near future, and I'm hoping they announce some at E3. Yveltal being part dark is definitely plausible.

<-- Ferry to Hoenn
<-- Hype train
Old June 4th, 2013 (08:51 PM).
ProjectMisfit
The fear of falling apart

Nature: Quiet
Username: ProjectMisfit

What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: I've noticed that alot of the dark type pokemon's art(Look) are generally really good. I also love the darkness, as I am nocturnal. :3

Your partner: Gengar.

What Types rule: Dark and water x3

Answer the current topic: Of course. Pokemon's perhaps Nintendo's big gun right now for E3. I think they will release information about everything, a bit.
Old June 5th, 2013 (11:43 PM).
Mithel_Celestia
Alluring Illusion

I have suspected Yveltal to be Dark-type upon it's name reveal. It is said to be a combination of Yvel(old english terms for Evil) and Quetzal and that alone has given me the thought. It could be part Flying but Levitate could replace that evident in flygon. As for more Dark types to be revealed, I hope for a Mightyena or Absol evolutions, some of the iconic Dark types that Gen 3 had.

Trainer Data:
Full Name: Mithel "Myth" Celestia
Hometown: Lacunosa Town
Trainer class: Ranger, Psychic, Deceiver*
Specializes in: Dark, Psychic-Types

*Deceiver (Japanese: 奇術師 Illusionist) is a type of trainer class who specializes in Illusions and deceptive tactics to take advantage of their opponents. They are tricksters and tend to disguise themselves as another trainer class to deceive challenging trainers, but soon break off of it as soon as they are found. They tend to use annoyer and stall tactics such as Embargo and Swagger along with bulky and fast Dark-types like Zoroark and Umbreon to give trainers a hard time during battle.
Old June 6th, 2013 (12:35 AM).
ナギ
P r e p a r e .

Quote originally posted by Mithel_Celestia:
I have suspected Yveltal to be Dark-type upon it's name reveal. It is said to be a combination of Yvel(old english terms for Evil) and Quetzal and that alone has given me the thought.
really? that's really interesting. i didn't know Yveltal's name was based off that. but then i had never heard of a 'Quetzal' before either
but yeah! seeing as how most of us agree that the DARKtype is characterized by its 'evil'ness, if Yveltal's name really is based off 'evil', that'd make Yveltal being a DARKtype that much more plausible.
guess i'll have to figure out what Xerneas stands for now
Old June 8th, 2013 (02:33 AM).
awolfsquared
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by ReeDim:
Username: ReeDim

What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: Dark types Rule! They look amazing and are powerful in battle.

Your partners: Mightyena (Lieutenant) & Absol (Hariken)
Just so you know, Hariken means Hurricane in Japanese.

What Types rule: As said before, Dark Types rule!

Answer the current topic: I hope there are some good dark types revealed in the near future, and I'm hoping they announce some at E3. Yveltal being part dark is definitely plausible.
Welcome to the club!! Absol's one of my favorite dark types.

Quote originally posted by ProjectMisfit:
Username: ProjectMisfit

What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: I've noticed that alot of the dark type pokemon's art(Look) are generally really good. I also love the darkness, as I am nocturnal. :3

Your partner: Gengar.

What Types rule: Dark and water x3

Answer the current topic: Of course. Pokemon's perhaps Nintendo's big gun right now for E3. I think they will release information about everything, a bit.
Sorry Gengar isn't a Dark type, you'll have to pick something else. Look at the first post, there's a list of Dark types on it. Welcome anyway, I'll add you to the list when you choose a Dark type as a partner.

Quote originally posted by Mithel_Celestia:
I have suspected Yveltal to be Dark-type upon it's name reveal. It is said to be a combination of Yvel(old english terms for Evil) and Quetzal and that alone has given me the thought. It could be part Flying but Levitate could replace that evident in flygon. As for more Dark types to be revealed, I hope for a Mightyena or Absol evolutions, some of the iconic Dark types that Gen 3 had.
Yeah funny thing is I knew that's were Yveltal's name came from those two word, but I never really put the pieces together that it could be hinting it's part Dark. The whole "evil bird" thing makes sense if it's Dark/Flying. I'd love an Absol evolution. Made me think of a new topic.

What Dark type Pokemon do you think should have an evolution or another evolution?

Discuss!
Old June 14th, 2013 (04:20 PM).
FayAurora
Dark-Type Trainer/Breeder

Nature: Lonely
Hi! I was hoping that I could join!

Username: FayAurora (or just Fay)
What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: I think Dark-Type Pokemon are strong, mysterious and beautiful! Absolutely my favorite type!
Your partners: Ummm, hard choice, but I'll have to go with Absol and Sneasel!
What Types rule: Dark Type of course!
Answer the current topic (What Dark type Pokemon do you think should have an evolution or another evolution?): I think an Absol evolution would be pretty cool! I love absol already, so if Absol was amped up a bit, it could end up looking pretty awesome!
Old June 15th, 2013 (07:54 AM).
awolfsquared
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by FayAurora:
Hi! I was hoping that I could join!

Username: FayAurora (or just Fay)
What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: I think Dark-Type Pokemon are strong, mysterious and beautiful! Absolutely my favorite type!
Your partners: Ummm, hard choice, but I'll have to go with Absol and Sneasel!
What Types rule: Dark Type of course!
Answer the current topic (What Dark type Pokemon do you think should have an evolution or another evolution?): I think an Absol evolution would be pretty cool! I love absol already, so if Absol was amped up a bit, it could end up looking pretty awesome!
Welcome to the club FayAurora! Yeah I agree with that so much! I've always though Absol could use an evolution and it could really benefit more with one. It would make Absol much strong and better competitively.

Anyway, to boost activity, we could use a new topic.

Most people here have probably heard this by now, but Gamefreak recently announced a new type for Gen VI, the Fairy type! So I though I ask a topic relating to it.

Do you think there's gonna be a Dark/Fairy or Fairy/Dark type? If so, what would it look like? Do you think any existing Dark types will be retyped as Dark/Fairy or Fairy/Dark?

Go!
Old June 15th, 2013 (08:16 AM).
FayAurora
Dark-Type Trainer/Breeder

Nature: Lonely
Thanks, AWsquared!
I think the Fairy-Type is interesting/weird, but I guess we'll see how it goes when the game comes out. As for a Fairy-Type paired with Dark-Type, I think it will happen eventually, if not this game.
Hopefully it would look cool, like maybe something close to an Umbreon, but with wings (like Sylveon, because it's a Fairy-Type), or just a dark pixie-like Pokemon.
I don't think they will change any of the current Pokemon (I just can't see a lot of them being a Fairy-Type), but a lot of them already have a second type, and if they don't then they are the ones that really don't look 'Fairy-like', but who knows
I've been sleeping in my bed,
Sleeping in my bed... ~

Old June 15th, 2013 (01:03 PM).
Virgilin
Salmon Fishing in Vulcan

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Virgilin
Yay Dark-Types! I would love to join!

Username: Virgilin
What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: They awesome! Most of them are great attackers, just the way I love!
Your partners: (Up to two) Weavile
What Types rule: DARK-TYPES DO!
Answer the current topic: I think that they might make a Fairy/Dark Pokemon. It would be a bit like all the Ghost/Dark type Pokemon out there. I would also love to see another evolution for Liepard. It has so place for improvement through evolutıon and I hope to see that happen in a later Gen at least!

| Paired to warship | PM | VM | About |
Old June 15th, 2013 (01:37 PM).
LadyNyx

Hmm, a Fairy/Dark or Dark/Fairy Pokemon? Sounds awesome if they do it right! I think it's a definite possibility for one to be made. I think it's would most likely have a sweet but deadly look to it. Kind of like a dark pixie or something like that. I'm not sure if they'll change any existing dark types, though. It's probable, but who knows. The creators are really surprising me this time.
Old June 16th, 2013 (08:05 AM).
CloysterOyster
Master of Ice

Nature: Lax
Username: CloysterOyster
What do I think of Dark-types: Very mischievous and full of ill intent but still awesome
Partners: Umbreon and Houndoom
What types rule: Dark of course, and throw some Ice in with that and you have a Sneasal and/or Weavile
Current topic answer: There might be but that'd be something like a fallen angel. I think all Dark types are fine as they are and don't need to evolve if they have no evolution.
I have made Facebook pages of all 721 existing Pokémon plus Mega evolutions. If you want to join them, search for them in this format: [Pokémon's name], Pokémon # [Pokédex number], or for Mega evolutions, just type in Mega [Pokémon's name]
Old June 16th, 2013 (11:10 PM).
ProjectMisfit
The fear of falling apart

Nature: Quiet
My apologies, I didn't see the post because I've been busy the past few days. I automatically assumed that Gengar is a dark type. xD My partner is Zorua then.
Old June 17th, 2013 (04:42 AM).
Mithel_Celestia
Alluring Illusion

Speaking of the new fairy type, do you think that Dark could have an advantage over the weak and frail Fairies? I somehow think so because of the Dark type's supposed brutallity. Dark types need a boost to be encouraged to use more.

Trainer Data:
Full Name: Mithel "Myth" Celestia
Hometown: Lacunosa Town
Trainer class: Ranger, Psychic, Deceiver*
Specializes in: Dark, Psychic-Types

*Deceiver (Japanese: 奇術師 Illusionist) is a type of trainer class who specializes in Illusions and deceptive tactics to take advantage of their opponents. They are tricksters and tend to disguise themselves as another trainer class to deceive challenging trainers, but soon break off of it as soon as they are found. They tend to use annoyer and stall tactics such as Embargo and Swagger along with bulky and fast Dark-types like Zoroark and Umbreon to give trainers a hard time during battle.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links