The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 28th, 2013, 05:44 PM
Zoka
Rocket grunt

Nature: Naughty
Username:Zoka
What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: dark types have always been reliable in the pokemon games ive played
Your partners:houndour
What Types rule: dark types of coarse
Answer the current topic: dark/fairy and i don't know what it will look like but it would be awesome anyway and ithink there should be another evolution for absol

Old June 29th, 2013, 12:10 AM
Aslan
B.A.M.F

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoka View Post
What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: dark types have always been reliable in the pokemon games ive played
Answer the current topic: dark/fairy and i don't know what it will look like but it would be awesome anyway and ithink there should be another evolution for absol

Welcome aboard! Dark types are certainly a reliable type to count on, they can inflict damage extremely fast and they're quite a useful type with moves such as Sucker Punch, Switcheroo and all sorts of things. Houndour is an interesting choice, I remember using one in Platinum a while ago, ended up being my highest-levelled Pokemon in any game so far.

I'd like to see some sort of evolution for Absol too! Perhaps this sort of wolf-like phantom creature or such.
Old June 29th, 2013, 06:35 AM
Zoka
Rocket grunt

thanks for letting me join

Old June 29th, 2013, 12:42 PM
Kouzan
When did the sky turn black?

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Kouzan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narnia View Post
To be honest, I don't mind how many they introduce- in my eyes, it's quality over quantity. You could have 10 dark-type Pokemon for example, that are extremely bad and poorly-designed or one outstanding dark-type introduced, that has a fairly good design and is well-thought out. I'd rather take the one outstanding dark-type personally. Overall though, I'd say I would like to see 4 introduced, excluding evolutions and such. I'm just personally hoping that they have good designs, movepools and in general an interesting role in the game.
Yeah I agree with you. As much as I'd like alot of new Dark types, 5 is a good number. If they make a bunch just to add more Dark types, then some may not be as good of quality as others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eme View Post
Username: Eme
What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: I think they're cool.
Your partners: (Up to two) Bisharp
What Types rule: Dark Types rule!
Answer the current topic: Well, I don't really see a pattern with the Fairy types. Marill really threw me off. But, going off of looks, I guess Sableye could be Dark/Fairy.
Welcome to the club Eme and thank you for putting a link to the club in your signature! Good advertising is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefallendetective View Post
Hello, I'd like to join the club please! ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Username: thefallendetective
What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: Although dark types are known for having cool looks, many
of the basic pokemon are really cute and they move on to evolving into powerful, dark forces!
Your partners: Scraggy and Pawniard
What Types rule: Dark-Types rule!! ヽ(・∀・)ノ

How many Dark-types would you like to see introduced in X and Y?
At least three with evolutions! And I'd love to see a dark/fairy typing. Wonder how that'll turn out! (・∀・*)ゝ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoka View Post

Welcome all three of you. I think we could use a new topic:

Do you think any Dark type moves will be changed to the Fairy type?

Personally no, I don't think so. They don;t normally retype moves as much and I don't see any moves being changed to Fairy. If Moonlight was a Dark type move, then yes, cause I think Moonlight could become a Fairy type move since it seems a lot of Fairy moves are/will be moon-based and draw from moon power.

Oh oh these are beautiful times.
Clubs: Dark Type Club | Adventure Time Club
EGC | BMGf | DeviantArt | Tumblr | Art Gallery | Ask Me Stuff | Paired to
Old June 29th, 2013, 04:38 PM
Aslan
B.A.M.F

I don't personally think so. The only one I could really see being changed to fairy-type is perhaps Embargo? Embargo seems like a magical move in a sense, to stop your opponent from using items is quite hard, if you think about it. That or Fake Tears. Fairy-type Pokemon could use their charm to catch the opponent off guard, probably.
Old June 29th, 2013, 06:02 PM
manadhon
RTX-008L

Nature: Lax
Username: Manadhon
What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: Dark types are my personal favorite, and I even spend some of my free time breeding high-quality Absol
Your partners: Absol
What Types rule: Dark types of course!
I can't see that happening, it doesn't fit the Dark type profile,at least in my opinion.

Active member of Team Silver Destiny
Old June 30th, 2013, 07:06 PM
Esoj
Dark & Fight pokes lover

Nature: Adamant
Well, my opinion at first glance, that not going to happen. If they decide to, I think that Fake Tears and Flatter could be the propers. In the Dark-type side, Fake Tears recall that unreal way to get something. On the other hand, can resemble that fairy innocence that serve as vehicle to achieve a purpose. Under the Dark-type, Flatter can seem as an unreal act to make someone proud of something. The fairies can do the same act in a real way trying to make the target happy. The first one is unexpected and unreal; the second is real, but it keeps you thinking about what could happen next. Just like receiving candies from someone, the intentions can be real, but the act confuse.

Last edited by Esoj; July 1st, 2013 at 05:48 AM.
Old July 2nd, 2013, 02:57 AM
Kouzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by manadhon View Post
Username: Manadhon
What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: Dark types are my personal favorite, and I even spend some of my free time breeding high-quality Absol
What Types rule: Dark types of course!
I can't see that happening, it doesn't fit the Dark type profile,at least in my opinion.
Welcome to the club manadhon!! You'll enjoy it here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esoj View Post
Well, my opinion at first glance, that not going to happen. If they decide to, I think that Fake Tears and Flatter could be the propers. In the Dark-type side, Fake Tears recall that unreal way to get something. On the other hand, can resemble that fairy innocence that serve as vehicle to achieve a purpose. Under the Dark-type, Flatter can seem as an unreal act to make someone proud of something. The fairies can do the same act in a real way trying to make the target happy. The first one is unexpected and unreal; the second is real, but it keeps you thinking about what could happen next. Just like receiving candies from someone, the intentions can be real, but the act confuse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narnia View Post

I don't personally think so. The only one I could really see being changed to fairy-type is perhaps Embargo? Embargo seems like a magical move in a sense, to stop your opponent from using items is quite hard, if you think about it. That or Fake Tears. Fairy-type Pokemon could use their charm to catch the opponent off guard, probably.

I agree with both of you with Fake Tears cause and Flatter are two of the only ones that possibly be changed. Flatter doesn't seems like something a Dark-type Pokemon would do if they're considered mischievous. It's more of a compliment to make someone like you more. And Fake Tears could be used by Fairy-types to show their charm and innocents and then through the opponent off guard as Narnia said. So could Flatter.

Old July 2nd, 2013, 01:07 PM
Zoka
Rocket grunt

in my opinion i don't see Pokemon changing dark type moves to fairy moves but more or less just making new moves and them having the same or about the same effect but i could be wrong intirely if they have already done it. I've never played any of the latest games i stopped at heartgold and soulsilver and went back to the originals

Old July 2nd, 2013, 05:33 PM
Kouzan

Ok I think we should have a new topic now.

There's rumors going around that Sableye will be getting a evolution in Pokemon X and Y/ Gen VI. It's set to appear in the 16th Pokemon movie: ExtremeSpeed Genesect: Mewtwo Awakens
and is shown in numerous posters for it.

Spoiler:

It has recently been said a new Pokemon named Orotto was revealed in a recently shown trailer for Mewtwo's Awakening . It's yet to be confirmed and there's no images of it yet so take it with a grain of salt, but there's speculation going around that it's an evolution for Sableye.

Since Sableye's a Dark type Pokemon, I thought ask a new topic for all this.

Do you think Sableye will get an evolution in Pokemon X and Y?If so, do you think it's the rumored Pokemon Orotto?

Go nuts and discuss while I add new users lol.

Old July 2nd, 2013, 06:06 PM
Aslan
B.A.M.F

Do you think Sableye will get an evolution in Pokemon X and Y? If so, do you think it's the rumored Pokemon Orotto?

Maybe. You never really know and it is quite common for Pokemon from previous generations to gain new evolutions, a few years later. For example Magneton, who didn't get its evolution until Gen 4 even though it had existed since the first games came out. Personally I don't really want to see a Sableye evolution but I'm thinking there probably will be. With Sableye's only usefulness being Prankster even in-game, I think many people would want an evolution so Sableye can be a bit more helpful and of actual use. I haven't seen this Orotto Pokemon but it could be perhaps. I'm not really sure, but who knows? It could just be another one of the new X/Y Pokemon, there's no guarantee we'll see an evolution of Sableye in particular. It's possible though.
Old July 3rd, 2013, 12:20 PM
Austin1395
Dark-type Trainer

Nature: Serious
I'm indifferent on Sableye getting an evolution. I like how he is now but, an evolution couldn't hurt, so long as they don't make its evolution look ridiculous. I haven't seen Orotto, if someone could show it to me that'd be nice, but, I wouldn't completely be opposed to Sableye getting an evolution.
Old July 3rd, 2013, 12:59 PM
Zoka
Rocket grunt

well depends, in a way im all for evolution, but why fix what isnt broken, sableye is good as it is

Old July 3rd, 2013, 03:55 PM
Nil Nuane

Username: Nil Nuane
What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: My favorite type. The only type that has no pokemon that I don't like!
Your partners: (Up to two) Murkrow
What Types rule: Fair-... I mean dark type
Answer the current topic: Maybe... Yveltal might be a dark/fairy? That would be awesome, but then again, Yveltal doesn't really look like a fairy.

Edit: Oh oops I totally didn't notice the new topic >.>

Anyway, I feel like Sableye has a good chance of getting an evolution. He doesn't really need one THAT bad, as say farfetch'd or dunsparce, but then again Gamefreak have given already decent pokemon evolutions before, like Porygon 2.
Old July 3rd, 2013, 04:23 PM
Aslan
B.A.M.F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nil Nuane View Post
What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: My favorite type. The only type that has no pokemon that I don't like!
What Types rule: Fair-... I mean dark type >_>
Answer the current topic: Maybe... Yveltal might be a dark/fairy? That would be awesome, but then again, Yveltal doesn't really look like a fairy. ~_~

Anyway, I feel like Sableye has a good chance of getting an evolution. He doesn't really need one THAT bad, as say farfetch'd or dunsparce, but then again Gamefreak have given already decent pokemon evolutions before, like Porygon 2.
Welcome! I've always really liked Murkrow as well, it's quite a badass Pokemon in my eyes. I'm interested in knowing what you like about it, personally I like its design. An intimidating crow with all that power behind it. Also its Pokedex entry is rather fascinating, they gather around Honchkrow and have meetings of some sort. That shows Pokemon like us, can communicate with each other! Also Prankster is a heck of a useful ability, I can't even count how many tough situations it has pulled me out of. But yeah, just curious to know what you like about Murkrow. :o

Hmm Yveltal being a Dark/Fairy would certainly be an interesting combination but I personally think Xerneas would be better suited with it. It has that more friendly/kind look to it, plus it sort of has this glitter around it? At least in my eyes. When I think of powdery dust, the first thing that comes to mind is fairies, so yeah. Although Yveltal would be really cool as that, I think Dark/Flying suits it better- seeing as its this villainous flying Y thing. Also it has those huge wings and seems to be some sort of dragon, bird fusion maybe?

I definitely agree with you! Sableye doesn't really need an evolution at this point and like others have said, you shouldn't fix what's not broken. Although Sableye has never really been the best attacker, it has a wonderful typing and ability. It can be very useful in battle so I don't really see it getting an evolution either. Although I'm interested to see what it could possibly look like? Does anyone have any ideas? XD

Other than that, welcome to the club and I hope you enjoy yourself!
Old July 3rd, 2013, 05:02 PM
Nil Nuane

Yeah, I really like Murkrow's design. Simple, yet effective. Hat and everything.

I first used him on a Diamond run, and never looked back. Super luck helped me a lot actually, critical hits everywhere. Prankster is neat too, but admittedly I didn't use Murkrow in white 2, because he's so freaking late in the game!

Also, Cyrus uses a Murkrow, and he's my favorite Pokemon villain. Come to think of it, Cyrus uses a lot dark pokemon, maybe he would join this club lol

He also evolves to Honchkrow, who is a very cool pokemon too. I don't like his design quite as much, but still I couldn't ask for much better
Old July 4th, 2013, 09:42 AM
Esoj
Dark & Fight pokes lover

Nature: Adamant
That could happen, Sableye could evolve, but so far, Orotto is just a name I like its movepool and abilities, as well as the simple design that this poke hold. Sableye can evolve into a more completed form thanks to this. An evolution can take it to another level in the battles, doing the great job that it does, but much better.
Old July 4th, 2013, 03:09 PM
Nil Nuane

By the way, I'm surprised there hasn't been a topic about a dark type gym yet. I've always found it weird there are no dark type gyms. Do you guys think there's a good chance dark type will finally be a gym in X/Y, or do you think Gamefreak hasn't made any dark type gyms for a reason?
Old July 4th, 2013, 07:03 PM
Austin1395
Dark-type Trainer

Quote:
By the way, I'm surprised there hasn't been a topic about a dark type gym yet. I've always found it weird there are no dark type gyms. Do you guys think there's a good chance dark type will finally be a gym in X/Y, or do you think Gamefreak hasn't made any dark type gyms for a reason?
Valid argument and I do think we will get a Dark type gym in X and Y, at least I,m hoping for it. I don't see why there would be a reason for not making a Dark type gym, unless Game Freak is hiding something.
Old July 5th, 2013, 03:50 PM
⊗Slenderman⊗
Tyrunt

Nature: Quiet
Username: Slenderman
What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: Isn't the answer somewhat obvious, if you're joining a club for them?
What type rules: Dark-types, according to the rules. [;

If you look at the confirmed Fairy-types, they're ones like Cleffa and Azurill, whereas Dark-types seem to be intended to be intimidating or evil-looking. The two combined would be interesting, I'll give it that.

Weavile does have potential to become part Fairy, just judging by appearance.

Pokemon Y Pokedex entry
My Trade Review Thread
Just a Trade Sh⊗p
Paired to Amaura
Old July 5th, 2013, 04:29 PM
Kouzan

Quote:
What Types rule: Fair-... I mean dark type >_>
Answer the current topic: Maybe... Yveltal might be a dark/fairy? That would be awesome, but then again, Yveltal doesn't really look like a fairy. ~_~

Welcome to the club!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ⊗Slenderman⊗ View Post
Username: Slenderman
What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: Isn't the answer somewhat obvious, if you're joining a club for them?
What type rules: Dark-types, according to the rules. [;

If you look at the confirmed Fairy-types, they're ones like Cleffa and Azurill, whereas Dark-types seem to be intended to be intimidating or evil-looking. The two combined would be interesting, I'll give it that.

Weavile does have potential to become part Fairy, just judging by appearance.

Wooh welcome to the club Jess!!

Quote:
There was one, but I forgot to add it to the list. I had a whole list of old topics, but when I changed the CSS in the intro, I forgot to add them. Been meaning to go through the pages and add all the old topics, but I haven't had time for it. Doesn't hurt to talk about it again.

I'm surprised after 14 plus years since it's introduction, a Dark type gym leader hasn't existed yet. I think X and Y is one of the best ways to introduce one though and I hope there is one.

Old July 5th, 2013, 07:20 PM
Hikamaru
impossible don't exist

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWsquared View Post
I'm surprised after 14 plus years since it's introduction, a Dark type gym leader hasn't existed yet. I think X and Y is one of the best ways to introduce one though and I hope there is one.
Yeah I'm still so surprised there have been 17 types we're all familiar with but as far as Gym Leaders go, poor Dark-type got shafted and had (and still has) no Gym Leader specializing in the type. However I'm still hoping for X & Y to break that drought because I want to see how awesome a Dark Gym looks. And maybe they might make the Gym Leader cool-looking as well. We already had 3 Dark-type Elite Four members, so they should change things up.

pairs | showdown | tumblr | vm

Old July 7th, 2013, 12:15 AM
Austin1395
Dark-type Trainer

Sure we've got Elite Four members, but gym leaders are more immersive. Black and White proved that by implementing them into the story more. Having a Gym will also just give the Dark type the recognition it deserves. Really, this should have been done in Gen 2 when it was revealed. The Steel type got its gym in Johto when it was revealed along side the Dark type, which, in my opinion, showed me that Game Freak didn't really respect the type and that it was more introduced to please the fans. Again, sure, we've got the three Elite Four members, which is a more respectable position, a gym for Dark types will give it the respect it deserves. I'd bet my life that there will be a Fairy type gym in X and Y, why not give us a Dark type gym to make us happy and even things out?
Old July 10th, 2013, 11:31 PM
Kouzan

Breaking News! New Dark type Pokemon!

WARNING! SPOILERS BELOW!

Yup, leaks of the newest CoroCoro are beginning to leak and in it reveals several new Dark types!

First off as speculated, Yveltal , Pokemon Y's mascot, has been confirmed a Dark/Flying type! It is the Destruction Pokémon. It has an ability called Dark Aura which powers up Dark type moves. It has a signature move called Death Wing. (likely to change in the English games)

Here's screenshots of Death Wing in action:

Spoiler:

Second Pancham has a new evolution called Goronda , it's the Aggressive Pokemon ( コロンダ) It's 2.1 meters and 136 kilograms and is Fighting/Dark type. It has the ability Iron Fist. It has the move Hammer Arm and a new method of evolution.

Spoiler:

And here's where I spoiler the rest.

Spoiler:
There are two new Pokemon named Maika (マーイーカ), the Rotation Pokémon, and Karamanero (カラマネロ) the Reverasl Pokémon ,which is Maika's evolution. They are based on squids.
Spoiler:

They are both Dark/Psychic and Maika has a move called Turn Over which reverses stat changes. It's also a Dark-type move.

Welcome to the Dark type family guys!! I'll add them to the list of the Dark types, but I'll put them in spoilers till X and Y are released. Any new Dark type will get the same treatment.

Which means new topic!

What do you think of all the new Dark types? Did you expect Yveltal to be Dark/Flying? What other moves do you think Yveltal will get?

Last edited by Kouzan; July 11th, 2013 at 12:03 AM.
Old July 11th, 2013, 12:10 AM
Mithel_Celestia
Alluring Illusion

I WAS RIGHT!!!! I was right Damn, that's a load off my chest. Yveltal Dark/Flying confirmed. And alot more Dark types for the journey. I like the final evo of the squid, looks like a kraken and Pancham's evo...so epic. Anyway, more love for Yveltal. Death Bird Pokemon, hehe, has a ring to it. And Dark Aura!!! Maybe just like Adaptability, but for Dark Type only. Dark Types need this kind of boost.

Trainer Data:
Full Name: Mithel "Myth" Celestia
Hometown: Lacunosa Town
Trainer class: Ranger, Psychic, Deceiver*
Specializes in: Dark, Psychic-Types

*Deceiver (Japanese: 奇術師 Illusionist) is a type of trainer class who specializes in Illusions and deceptive tactics to take advantage of their opponents. They are tricksters and tend to disguise themselves as another trainer class to deceive challenging trainers, but soon break off of it as soon as they are found. They tend to use annoyer and stall tactics such as Embargo and Swagger along with bulky and fast Dark-types like Zoroark and Umbreon to give trainers a hard time during battle.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links