The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 10th, 2012, 05:38 AM
Snivy063
Booted out - don't be like me!

Advertise here
Elite Status? That sounds really amazing, it seems it would push members to post more. :]
Old January 10th, 2012, 09:18 AM
deoxys121
White Kyurem Cometh

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Yahoo to deoxys121
OK, I have a few things to say before I copy-and-paste in my updates. First of all, today is the day where recurring member points and userbar points are updated. If you want to receive userbar points today but you haven't, please place a userbar in your signature, and post here so I know you have it. If you do so after midnight EST tonight, you will not receive points until next Tuesday.

Next, 2Cool4Mewtwo's idea of "Elite Status" has been implemented with a few changes. To attain Elite Status, you must earn a total of 750 points in this club, and it will be given automatically. Spending points does not take away from points earned towards gaining Elite Status. (For example, a user that earns 100 points, spends them, then earns another 650 gets Elite Status) Elite Status does not cost you points. When you have Elite Status, all points you earn are doubled. You will have a star next to your name to indicate Elite Status. 2Cool4Mewtwo's idea of custom member color has been added as a benefit to all members at the cost of 100 points. 2Cool4Mewtwo, as a reward for giving this idea, you have earned a bonus 100 points. Also, upon reading this, please PM me for your choice of a free new partner Pokemon or shiny upgrade.

After posting this, I will copy-and-paste in all of my updates. And, finally, time for the much-anticipated event! Below is how the event will appear in the OP:

Classic Profile Designer Contest
Time for another event! For this event, you are to theme your entire profile, profile picture, avatar, and signature, around a Gen I Pokemon, or family of Gen I Pokemon.
Specific rules:
- Your theme may not include any Pokemon that are not from Gen I.
- For the signature, you may include userbars from other clubs; they will not be used in judging.
- To maintain fairness to non-supporters/non-staff, supporters/staff that participate are NOT allowed to use background images in their final profile design. This is due to the fact that non-supporters/non-staff don't have the ability to use background images.
- To join, post in this club indicating that you would like to join. I will add your name to the participants list. Joining earns you 20 points.
- You have from now until January 17, 2012, at 11:59PM EST to have your theme ready.
- Voting will run from the end of the allotted design period until January 24, 2012, at 11:59PM EST. You are to vote for ONE PERSON, and it can't be yourself. I may end voting early if all active members have already voted. During the voting period, you may not make any changes to your theme or you will be disqualified.
- The winner receives 200 points, plus a free new partner Pokemon or shiny upgrade.

Last edited by deoxys121; January 11th, 2012 at 07:38 PM.
Old January 10th, 2012, 11:29 PM
miltankRancher
Mega Ampharos is the one.

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Yahoo to miltankRancher
a plus 100 for an idea? Hmmm... gotta start thinking of course!

And now, I hate art events time to join this event.

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Lanistae Jacet [Lies of a Trainer]
Old January 11th, 2012, 02:48 AM
Snivy063

Ooh, that sounds certainly fun! It's a great idea by the way and I would totally participate! :D
Old January 11th, 2012, 06:02 AM
ikaroschase
サンダース the crackling of sparks

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ikaroschase Send a message via Skype™ to ikaroschase
i would like to participate! (: i'll definitely have my profile ready by the deadline but i'm busy for now :3
Old January 11th, 2012, 06:56 AM
Avishka
bye. o/
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Avishka
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Cool4Mewtwo View Post
Just as a suggestion for this club... an "Elite Status" where you'll have a star next to your name (ex. 2cool4mewtwo★), marked as a dedicated member of this club, that costs 1000 points to buy. Right now there won't be many benefits besides a "dedicated" status in this club (and another addition that I'll mention later in this paragraph), but it may serve as a benchmark for some of the "upper-ended" future updates to this club. Current benefits may be: name color change available in the front page for additional 100 points. (ex. 2cool4mewtwo★)

Also, owner's starting 50 points shouldn't be mentioned now... I think enough time has passed by for it to be ignored.
amazing idea!!
i would like to join the event!

Old January 11th, 2012, 07:45 AM
Olli
I wanna see you be brave
Community Supporter

Well, I actually like most of the second generation Pokémons too, but I'll just have to settle with this, since the first 150 are still my favourite.

Sign-up Form in the spoilers below:
Spoiler:

Username: Olli97
Favorite Gen I Pokemon: It was actually pretty hard deciding this, but my final choice was Magikarp Charmander
Partner Pokemon: Alex the Charmander
Indigo Plateau

That Elite Status thing is pretty original, and I like the idea. I definitely think you should try it.
Old January 11th, 2012, 08:40 AM
deoxys121
White Kyurem Cometh

Olli97, welcome! It's been a while since we had a new member join.

Glad to see this event has fired up (no pun intended on my theme, lol)! Participants list and points have been updated. Remember to have your themes ready by the deadline. And yes, members, if you give me a new idea, and I end up using it, it will not go unrewarded.

Olli97, I notice you joked on Magikarp a bit there. Tbh, though it is weak, Magikarp is rather iconic of Pokemon, and I like that aspect of it.
Old January 11th, 2012, 09:06 AM
miltankRancher

Magikarp is more of a symbol rather an ingame Pokemon to be used. LOL.

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Old January 11th, 2012, 09:08 AM
deoxys121
White Kyurem Cometh

Quote:
Originally Posted by miltankRancher View Post
Magikarp is more of a symbol rather an ingame Pokemon to be used. LOL.
Exactly. This is similar to Pikachu. Yes, Pikachu is very iconic of the Pokemon franchise. But, when it comes to in-game use, Pikachu doesn't fare very well until you evolve him. That is, unless you use a Light Ball.
Old January 11th, 2012, 09:21 AM
johnny18
Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
x.x I am not good at design a profile
Old January 11th, 2012, 09:26 AM
deoxys121
White Kyurem Cometh

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny18 View Post
x.x I am not good at design a profile
Well, you can vote for who you think has the best. I may just give out points to those who cast votes, as well.
Old January 11th, 2012, 09:46 AM
miltankRancher

Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys121 View Post

Exactly. This is similar to Pikachu. Yes, Pikachu is very iconic of the Pokemon franchise. But, when it comes to in-game use, Pikachu doesn't fare very well until you evolve him. That is, unless you use a Light Ball.
Agree, as he has very limited movepool (which increased by only an attack or two with Raichu) Volt Tackle is a must have for him.

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Old January 11th, 2012, 12:29 PM
DragoniteMySavior
Use Hurricane!!!

Hey, didnt i say id join?

Name: DragoniteMySavior
Fav.Gen1 Poke: Take a wild guess!
Partner Poke: Keyala The Dragonite!!!!!!!!!!!
Indigo Plateou Indigo Platoeu However u spell it.

Im participating in the profile contest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![Yes, i know i just joined but who cares?!?!?!?!?]

Height: 7'3
Weight: 463 lbs

Dragonite is capable of circling the globe in just 16 hours. It is a kindhearted pokemon that leads lost and foundering ships in a storm to the safety of shore.
Old January 11th, 2012, 01:01 PM
2Cool4Mewtwo
Pwning in Ubers since 1996.

Nature: Rash
Quote:
2Cool4Mewtwo, as a reward for giving this idea, you have earned a bonus 100 points. Also, upon reading this, please PM me for your choice of a free new partner Pokemon or shiny upgrade.[/SIZE][/COLOR]
O_O... That was unexpected to be fair. Thanks anyways :D

Yeah, I'll probably participate on this event if I have enough time to do it.

Old January 11th, 2012, 02:00 PM
deoxys121
White Kyurem Cometh

OK, I have updated everything that needs to be updated (points, participants list, etc.). Welcome, DragoniteMySavior! Glad to see another participant for the contest as well.

2Cool4Mewtwo, since you have not yet given 100% confirmation that you will be participating, I have yet to add you to the participants list. And, didn't I say ideas, if used, don't go unrewarded? :D Rewards for ideas might not always be the same; I just found your idea to be incredibly awesome, and thus it deserved an equally awesome reward.
Old January 11th, 2012, 04:17 PM
NightOfRemorse
my anxieties have anxieties

Nature: Lonely
Thanks for the shiny upgrade, looks awesome!
Count me in for this contest, too :D
I stay away
Old January 11th, 2012, 04:23 PM
deoxys121
White Kyurem Cometh

Alright, NightOfRemorse! I'll add you the participants list. And thanks for the feedback on Willow the Vulpix. I custom-make all of the shiny icons myself.
Old January 11th, 2012, 05:46 PM
2Cool4Mewtwo
Pwning in Ubers since 1996.

Nature: Rash
Quote:

2Cool4Mewtwo, since you have not yet given 100% confirmation that you will be participating, I have yet to add you to the participants list. And, didn't I say ideas, if used, don't go unrewarded? :D Rewards for ideas might not always be the same; I just found your idea to be incredibly awesome, and thus it deserved an equally awesome reward.
Also name my electrode "Boomer." I forgot to mention that as well. (It'd take a long time to come up with a fitting nickname for mewtwo, though)

And yeah, I'm not 100% sure if I'll be participating. If anything, I'd probably finish my designs before I actually sign up.

Old January 11th, 2012, 07:39 PM
deoxys121
White Kyurem Cometh

Quote:
- To maintain fairness to non-supporters/non-staff, supporters/staff that participate are NOT allowed to use background images in their final profile design. This is due to the fact that non-supporters/non-staff don't have the ability to use background images.
After some thought and a little feedback from miltankRancher, I have decided that making this change would be fair. I'm doing this because the majority of our members are non-supporters/non-staff.
Old January 11th, 2012, 11:40 PM
ikaroschase
サンダース the crackling of sparks

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ikaroschase Send a message via Skype™ to ikaroschase
userbar time! (: there's only one because i'm dealing with college applications now :/ sighs. anyway for this its pikachu! :D

credits: stock image | texture
Old January 12th, 2012, 01:06 AM
miltankRancher

tat userbar is great! though a little too pinkish for my taste. LOL.

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Old January 12th, 2012, 04:04 AM
Snivy063

New members, awesome! And so, to those who just joined. Welcome to the club. ♥

Love the userbar, it's so adorable. owo
Old January 12th, 2012, 05:40 AM
Olli
I wanna see you be brave
Community Supporter

Well, I actually like Magikarp and the design is in no way bad, however, since Magikarp got those derpy looks and is as weak as it is, I just like to joke about it.

Btw, just call me Olli.
Old January 12th, 2012, 06:32 AM
deoxys121
White Kyurem Cometh

Alright, everything's been updated! ikaroschase, this includes your userbar being added to the OP, and points awarded. Olli, I agree 100%. As far as design, it's not bad at all. Also, Magikarp being so weak is actually representative of an old legend that if a carp were to leap over a castle wall, it would become a dragon. Hence, Magikarp evolves into Gyarados. All this talk about Magikarp made me decide to make Magikarp the Pokemon of the Week.

New topic: Which of the original 151 do you think has done best to maintain popularity in the current generation?
First of all, Pikachu is obvious. But, Meowth also has done well to maintain popularity, due to the anime. Other than those from the anime though, Dragonite seems to be rather popular still, and it's found all over the Gen V metagame.

Sponsored Links

Advertise here