The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon General

Notices

Pokémon General Theories, experiences and other discussions regarding the Pokémon franchise that can't be covered in any of the other boards.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 30th, 2012, 06:54 AM
voicerocker
Psyduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendour View Post
Everyone is forgetting one crucial element of this controversy: Arceus's backstory is only a myth.
Here's the big question though: What if Pokemon scientists are WRONG about Mew? The assumption is that because Mew possesses the DNA of all Pokemon within its own, it must be the ancestor of all Pokemon. But add in the other unique thing about Mew, its ability to learn all moves. I think the only reason Mew has the DNA of all Pokemon is so that it can use any move it wants to.

Arceus, even in-game, shows evidence of being a "god" because in HG/SS, it can create one of the Legendary Sinnoh Dragons. Not to mention it being the highest level wild Pokemon to date and having the highest stats of all Pokemon. I believe Arceus created Mew that way, not so it could become all of the Pokemon of the world, but just to make it unique.
Old April 2nd, 2012, 04:16 PM
shaymin♥
Expert Trainer

Nature: Gentle
Wow, mind twister here!

Well, I have always believed that Arceus came first as he was with the time/space/etc. group. I have always thought Arceus was the one who finally put it all together.

But now that I think about it, Arceus was in another dimension which leads me to believe Mew might have been sent by Arceus to be the sort of thing that made the actual world. Maybe Arceus, Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina were the ones that planned the new world and Mew made the actual living world. IDK if anyone gets what I am saying but I am getting somewhere I hope LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayster23 View Post
Arceus is the god of the Pokemon World.
Mew is like Jesus, except without a beard. And no resurrection.
Personally, I think the Pokemon Company just seriously hoped no one got that bored that they realised they stuffed up and created so many loopholes in the theory of Pokemon.

But that leaves the question of is it a Pokemon world with Humans or a Human world with Pokemon? Are Humans from another planet?
Questions for the universe in which supposably Arceus had something to do with.
Ah, exactly my point. Arceus is the god of the Pokemon World.
Mew is like Jesus, except without a beard.

Last edited by shaymin♥; April 2nd, 2012 at 04:18 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old April 3rd, 2012, 07:13 AM
Briankelly130
Beginning Trainer

It's possible that both Religion and Science work in the mythos of the Pokemon world with Arceus as the God Pokemon and Mew as the DNA Pokemon, it could be that Mew explains what they are but not where they came from or something like that.
Old May 5th, 2012, 11:37 PM
NO_obslayer

I think your all wrong it wasnt arceus or mew who created the world it was Pikachu!!!
Old May 6th, 2012, 12:16 AM
CliveKoopa

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to CliveKoopa Send a message via Yahoo to CliveKoopa Send a message via Skype™ to CliveKoopa
It is my belief that Arceus created the Pokemon Universe and also created the first pokemon and the first humans too.
Old May 6th, 2012, 04:13 AM
MEGAS
Bestow5000 from YouTube

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MEGAS Send a message via Yahoo to MEGAS Send a message via Skype™ to MEGAS
From my point of view, Arceus was created first, then create Mew, and then other Pokemon onwards and nobody even knew Arceus since he wasn't discovered by anyone yet but Mew instead.
My Platinum FC: 3609 8138 7721
Name: Max
Accepting B/W Wi-Fi battles only, contact me for one.
Old May 6th, 2012, 06:13 AM
NO_obslayer

I think mew came first because arceus is a 4th gen pokemon
Old May 6th, 2012, 07:35 AM
CliveKoopa

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to CliveKoopa Send a message via Yahoo to CliveKoopa Send a message via Skype™ to CliveKoopa
Quote:
Originally Posted by NO_obslayer View Post
I think mew came first because arceus is a 4th gen pokemon
Yeah, and your point is? It doesn't matter what generation it comes from. Thats like saying only the original 150 are the true pokemon, thats stupid and ignorant.
Old May 6th, 2012, 05:23 PM
TheFattestSnorlax
カビゴン

Nature: Mild
I think that Arceus was the first pokemon, and the first pokemon that it created was Mew. Soon more and more follow up afterwards.
Old May 6th, 2012, 10:10 PM
CliveKoopa

I believe there are several Mew about, just like in the anime. If that was true however, that would make the ancestor theory flawed. How can one Mew be an ancestor if there are several Mew in the pokemon world.
Old May 6th, 2012, 10:34 PM
Toujours
Howling Poros

Nature: Sassy
Well Mew as the species could be an ancestor. I mean, think about it: on Earth we can see animals that evolved from other animals, because they ended up in a different area of the world. So as a species, other Pokemon could have evolved from it in the Darwinian sense.
Old May 7th, 2012, 04:40 AM
CliveKoopa

I just have trouble accepting the Darwinian theory in pokemon because of the way their different ways of evolving, which is always instant instead of millions of years.
Old May 7th, 2012, 09:09 AM
voicerocker
Psyduck

Darwin's theory of evolution does not apply to Pokemon. Mew has never shown traits of truly being the ancestor of all Pokemon. We know Arceus created most of the Sinnoh Legends so why would it only create 6 or 7 Pokemon if it is the "Alpha Pokemon" and not the other 600+ Pokemon?

Pokemon White 2 Team:
Old May 7th, 2012, 09:40 AM
Pieman50
Pokemon Maniac

Arceus is essentially the 'God' of pokemon religion.

Mew was a pokemon found in a tomb by some of the first pokemon explorers.

Now.. seeing as Pokemon came before Humans, much like the dinosaurs, It would be most likely that Arceus came first.

EDIT: Now even though it's unrelated to this thread, there's also been speculation that Giratina may have come first, because he has power over time and dimensions themselves.

*excluding the hyphens*
Old May 7th, 2012, 09:49 AM
CliveKoopa

Quote:
Originally Posted by voicerocker View Post
Darwin's theory of evolution does not apply to Pokemon. Mew has never shown traits of truly being the ancestor of all Pokemon. We know Arceus created most of the Sinnoh Legends so why would it only create 6 or 7 Pokemon if it is the "Alpha Pokemon" and not the other 600+ Pokemon?
My thoughts exactly. I believe Arceus is more of an ancestor than Mew is as he is IMO the creator.
Old May 7th, 2012, 10:26 AM
Alex
I stay away

First off, I believe that Arceus did, according to the myths, create all Pokémon, and all of those Pokémon are branches of Mew. So, Arceus hatches from chaotic nothingness and creates Mew to spur on all other Pokémon. Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina are merely dimensional managers in our universe and have nothing to do with species creation. I believe that Arceus is the genetic exception to being stored within Mew's genes. And I think that Arceus's egg has no creator or predecessors of any kind, but was instead akin to the big bang.

In short, my theory on it is:
Nothigness → Arceus → Mew → Everything else (aside from Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, and the Lake Guardians)

~  &  @  %  +
Old May 21st, 2012, 09:04 PM
Loner_grunger

Nature: Lonely
Magikarp, just magikarp...

No, but seriously, I totally agree with AlexTheRose. It's just like most of the religions and mythologies en real life. Take for example the greek mythology, where even before the Titand there where elemental "gods" that spawned the titans, and at the same time all these primordial gods came from the Chaos. The problem is that Arceus, being a pokemon can be captured in a freaking pokeball but hey... it's Pokemon, since does it make sense xD??

Old June 3rd, 2012, 06:18 PM
Mr.Anomaly
Beginning Trainer

I have a theory that might fill the "loopholes".

Since Mew is still a relative mystery and a mirage (so to speak), and Arceus' history is shrouded in myth, then what if:

Arceus is really Mew's true form, or just one of Mew's forms that happens to be the God? What if they are one and the same?

Last edited by Mr.Anomaly; June 3rd, 2012 at 06:25 PM. Reason: Some typos.
Old June 3rd, 2012, 11:43 PM
PKMNTRNCha0tic
Beginning Trainer

Arceus is the divine deity in the pokeverse....I'd say that since he is supposed to be god,explaining how he came to be is kinda like explaining how our divine Deity came to be (and mind you,it is not even proven that there is something out there that we can call god).Mew I guess should be the first pokemon created.Or he could be the word of God/Arceus (it was the word of God that made the universe bar the humans,according to the Christian theory),and it was Mew who made the other pokemon (this does have a few flaws as a theory but,unless something official is released,it stands).
Old June 4th, 2012, 02:41 AM
Empyrean
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Naughty
Mew was the Original Being. Mew gave birth to the Egg of Arceus, and from there... Well,

Arceus did not create the universe on His own. His divine influence was passed on through His children to shape nature.

He took his essence and carved it in half to create Aether and Epoch who created stars and dimensions for His creations to exist in.

Arceus crowned daughter Aether in Pearl and named her Palkia. He then crowned son Epoch in Diamond and named him Dialga. Arceus, now aided by his children, created his final son Giratina from Dark Matter and the Void.

He formed the World with His breath and commanded His son Giratina to cradle it. Giratina would take the burden of His Father’s creation and nurture it, for it was His divine order.

Arceus combined the passion of Fire and the corporeal strength of Dragon to create Reshiram, the holy Angel of light whose fire burnt brighter than any star. As light could not exist without darkness, He then combined the raw power of Electricity and the corporeal strength of Dragon to create Zekrom, the holy Angel of dark whose essence is that of life's own spark. They were His soldiers, unto which the order of the Universe as it was known was upheld.

Arceus gazed upon His creations, content to let life bloom forward now that the seed had been planted. And He fell into a deep slumber.
Old June 5th, 2012, 01:47 AM
MiTjA
Poké-atheist

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MiTjA
Neither. Unless you go chronologically by discovery/creation by gamefreak.

Mew is said to be the ancestor of pokemon. Its a guess, a theory. There has been no evidence indicating any darwinian evolution and besides, Mew looks rather complete and perfect instead of primitive.

Fact: Mew shares DNA with all pokemon.
Theory: It might be an ancestor.

According to legend Arceus is said to have created the universe with thousand arms.
Do you see thousand arms? No. Thats there just to point out how literal this story is meant to be.
It is a myth. Arceus is not a god.
As with the rest of the true legendaries, it is just a powerful and rare pokemon, that lives for ages, and has had people make up local myths about it.
No one outside Sinnoh even knows Arceus, just like Groudon/Kyogre are a myth only famous in Hoenn etc. Why? Because they reside in those places. Ancient people saw their powers and made up creation myths about them, of course always revolving just about their region.. a legend doesn't have to be more than just a story simply because its in a game. In this case, myths are still just myths but the inspiration is an actual magnificent creature.

Fact: Arceus can create a DimensionTrio egg with the help of hundreds of Unown.
Myth: It hatched out of an egg and created the universe with its thousand arms.

Even in the biggest act we witnessed, it merely created a pokemon in a more spiritual way (fittingly as it is a legendary), which is what pokemon can do through normal reproduction anyway, and even for that it needed the mysterious Unown...

So in the end,
neither are factual origin stories, one being a wild assumption, the other being just another local creation myth.
Both pokemon are as exceptional as any other legendary, but not extremely above that either.

The only truth of course is the third explanation. All pokemon were created by game-developers in the image of the real world creatures.
Old June 5th, 2012, 04:43 AM
Mr Cat Dog
Everything Will Be OK

Nature: Relaxed
As silly as all of this hypothesising is, I'll just co-sign the general 'Arceus came first and made Mew, which then evolved into every other Pokemon' theory. Though I don't really think The Pokemon Company nor Game Freak had much backstory planned for this when unveiling either Arceus or Mew.
Old June 5th, 2012, 12:00 PM
redxguitar
Beginning Trainer

Mew was the risen from Arceus because he is the creator of all pokemon =) Then Mew gave birth to everyone else
Old June 5th, 2012, 12:11 PM
Plusleminun
Togepi

Nature: Quiet
I think Arceus came first, and created Mew. However, I do also believe that Arceus created Dialga, Palkia, Giratina and a few other legendaries simultaneously with Mew, not that they originates from Mew. To be honest I don't think Nintendo themself know the answer. '
Also, a bit off-topic but anyway, in Johto in the legend about the Brass Tower (Burned Tower) it says that Ho-oh granted new life to three Pokémons that perished in the fire, does it means he created the legendary beasts, or just gave them new life?
Old June 5th, 2012, 01:05 PM
agdragonrider
Unhatched Egg

Well if we're looking at Arceus as a 'god' then maybe It created Mew, sort of as its 'Adam and Eve' type of thing, thus it then 'gives birth' to every other Pokémon.
Or more likely the Prehistoric Pokémon (now Fossil Pokémon), which in turn evolved into all the rest of them.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links