Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs
Reload this Page The Super Starter Pokémon Club!

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old April 12th, 2012 (04:13 PM).
Hey.

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to mineox100 Send a message via Skype™ to mineox100
Quote originally posted by mineox100:
Name: mineox100
Starter Pokémon: "Muddy" the Mudkip and "Burn" the Cyndaquil
Why would you like to join the club?: Starter Pokemon are the one we start the game with so they're important. They're also cute too
Here's my post for registering. It's actually a few posts up.
Old April 13th, 2012 (06:48 AM).
Slender snake
Crystal Tier

Nature: Hasty

Here's my post for registering. It's actually a few posts up.
OK, the member list has been updated to include all new members that I have not missed. Sorry for the inconvenience!

@AlexOzzyCake
I wonder how does one can make a Rock starter work out favourably against the traditional starters. (Grass and Water)

Something random could be more interesting? Or what about locking into just a single starter?
Old April 13th, 2012 (01:54 PM).
Conspirator~
Crystal Tier

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to BZW Golem
Name: BZW Golem
Starter Pokémon: Plusle and Minun are available? O,o
If yes then I would like to take them, but I had no idea they were starters xD
Why would you like to join the club?: Well,starters are pokemon I always grow most attached to :3

None at the moment, but Mac rules, just saying.
Old April 13th, 2012 (04:46 PM).
#PoC Collab

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to SS01
Wow, I haven't been here in a while. As for the topic, I think Ice, Dark, and Ghost. No idea why, I just like tat idea.
Old April 13th, 2012 (10:00 PM).

Hello everyone! I'll be joining, if that's okay...

Name: Rainy Garden of Fire
Starter Pokémon: Charlie the Charmander and Sally the Treecko
Why would you like to join the club?: Mostly because of the Post-A-Thon...but I also like Starter Pokemon!

So...for the conversation...I'll say that they chose Grass, Water and Fire, so that you can have a rival that can be stronger than you in typing or a rival that's weaker than you in typing. How about a Dragon/Flying, Steel/Rock and a Ground/Fighting pack of starters? I know, it sounds crazy. But the Dragon/Flying one beats the Ground/Fighting one, the Ground/Fighting one beats the Steel/Rock one and the Steel/Rock one beats the Dragon/Flying one. It's a perfect triangle! And it will be the first time all of the starters have two types! But anyway, the topic only said 3 types, so that won't work. How about Dark, Fighting and Psychic? It was once the speculated typing for a certain region's starter types...it could be for the Sinnoh games or the Unova games. I forgot. And can I ask a question? Is Bulbasaur a Grass/Poison type from the start?
Old April 14th, 2012 (12:11 PM).

Nature: Quirky
As for the topic, I can see why Grass, Fire, and Water were the 3 original starter types. Those are the 3 most common types in my eyes and the most basic. Also, they have their different styles in battling. Although, I do think that they could have changed Grass to Electric from the start. The grass starter usually gets forgotten or excluded every time due to it's more recessive style. With Electric though, It's more along the lines of the others and still seems like a basic type to me.

I do like the idea of having Dark, Psychic, and Fighting to start. I like the exotic dark and creepy vibe. I do think that these types should only be used in one special edition though. It would give an overall darker feel to the game and that would push away younger audiences if used too often.

Mage of Mind
Old April 15th, 2012 (01:30 PM).
Conspirator~
Crystal Tier

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to BZW Golem
Grass, Fire, and Water are the most basic "rock, paper, scissors" types.. I can't imagine anything replacing that combination.
The starters are supposed to teach the new player about the basics of "y type beats x type".

Of course, other combinations could be fun.. but do you honestly think that would be better?
Not only for you, for all the players >.>

None at the moment, but Mac rules, just saying.
Old April 15th, 2012 (09:47 PM).
hold back the river
CS

Nature: Brave
Name: Meganium90
Starter Pokémon: Chikorita & Oshawott
Why would you like to join the club?: Starters are really awesome. Actually, all five starters are quite awesome. ^_^

Grass/Water/Fire is the standard three typings for starter Pokemon, but why do you think this is and what three types do you think could be used instead?

I guess they give you the option of Grass/Fire/Water, so that way the trainer playing the game can decide which is best to fight the first gym leader and beyond. Though I personally feel that Fire could be replaced for either Electric or Flying. But then as I think about it, both types are poor choices.

Ice is also a good choice for a water replacement. It'd be best for Rock-Type gyms. xD
Old April 16th, 2012 (05:34 AM).
silhouette of the past

Location: Boston, MA, USA, Earth, Sun Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Nature: Careful
I forgot this place existed. XD Anyway, I'm back. Hopefully I can stay active this time.
But the more I try to move on, the more I feel alone
So I watch the summer stars to lead me home.

Old April 16th, 2012 (09:39 AM).
The Jewel Pokemon
Crystal Tier

Send a message via Skype™ to Avishka
Grass/Water/Fire is the standard three typings for starter Pokemon, but why do you think this is and what three types do you think could be used instead?
they are the main types but i would like to play with other type Pokemon as starters for a change.

Old April 16th, 2012 (04:12 PM).

Nature: Naughty
Quote originally posted by Avishka:

Sometimes you deal with tradition, and I think this goes right down that path. Probably the only reason why there are only Fire/Grass/Water types in the handheld Pokemon franchise. Other than Pikachu, and of course Eevee, I personally think they should just stick with the traditional typing as is. Pikachu & Eevee? Why? Well because they are the two most popular Pokemon out there, Pikachu as the mascot, the face of Pokemon from the start, and Eevee, because of its Eeveelutions!

BUT! I would love to see a game where you be the main character who isn't pure hearted and we get to be a bad guy for once. I would love to play that. Dark, sinister character who does bad? Starters would have to be Psychic, Ghost and Dark then!

Old April 17th, 2012 (08:48 PM).
Slender snake
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Sector Revenge:

BUT! I would love to see a game where you be the main character who isn't pure hearted and we get to be a bad guy for once. I would love to play that. Dark, sinister character who does bad? Starters would have to be Psychic, Ghost and Dark then!
I think the closest we can get to that is probably with the first GameCube game And not even bad in that sense.

Now, to be honest about it, having the starters to be recycled doesn't seem to bode well, huh? At least I'll be with Snivy for one more time
Old April 18th, 2012 (02:36 AM).

Quote originally posted by ♪Twiggy♪:
I think the closest we can get to that is probably with the first GameCube game And not even bad in that sense.

Now, to be honest about it, having the starters to be recycled doesn't seem to bode well, huh? At least I'll be with Snivy for one more time
Oh you're talking of Wes from Pokemon Colosseum! I remember that game!

In his case, having Espeon/Umbreon as starters were PERFECT! Like I mention before, Psychic/Ghost/Dark type starters, there's two of them! xD
Old April 18th, 2012 (05:26 AM).
silhouette of the past

Quote originally posted by Avishka:
they are the main types but i would like to play with other type Pokemon as starters for a change.
Quote originally posted by Sector Revenge:

I think that the best way to go would be fighting Psychic and dark. Ghost doesn't fit in there really

Old April 19th, 2012 (05:11 AM).
Slender snake
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Cosmotone8:

I think that the best way to go would be fighting Psychic and dark. Ghost doesn't fit in there really
We can't have a "not effective at all" in there. It won't work if there's a combination of Psychic and Dark types in a trio.
Old April 20th, 2012 (06:45 AM).
silhouette of the past

Hmm... In that case, you could do flying, ice, and fighting.

Old April 20th, 2012 (11:23 AM).

Quote originally posted by ♪Twiggy♪:
We can't have a "not effective at all" in there. It won't work if there's a combination of Psychic and Dark types in a trio.
That's right!

So let's say if I had to make a game. I would want to make an adventure of a lifetime around gardens, flowery gardens or something. Kind of like how the 'Hey, You Pikachu' game is, traveling around on the field? Of course with a wider map to travel on.

Grass, Bug and Rock! I think this would be really fun! (Of course it's my imagination lol)

Old April 20th, 2012 (12:18 PM).
Hey.

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to mineox100 Send a message via Skype™ to mineox100
Or maybe start the game with one Pokemon like in Yellow as your starter?
*get ready to grab Eevee*
Old April 20th, 2012 (08:05 PM).

Nature: Quirky
Or maybe start the game with one Pokemon like in Yellow as your starter?
*get ready to grab Eevee*
That just made me think of a yellow spin off where you are Gary trying to prove yourself to your grandfather in you need for fatherly affection, and Ash always has to be the favorite, even though he is worse than you ...

Mage of Mind
Old April 21st, 2012 (04:26 AM).
silhouette of the past

Quote originally posted by Katero:
That just made me think of a yellow spin off where you are Gary trying to prove yourself to your grandfather in you need for fatherly affection, and Ash always has to be the favorite, even though he is worse than you ...
Sounds.... interesting. I always liked Gary.

Old April 21st, 2012 (04:37 AM).
Slender snake
Crystal Tier

Hmm... I wonder what people think of having the starter selection to be repeated this time around. (My memory isn't exactly the best around here XD)

Also, a bit of an off-topic thing, more with the club's layout: Do you think it's a bit too tilt-y?
Old April 21st, 2012 (10:08 AM).
silhouette of the past

Well, you already have one CSS that is tilty (Cute club), and two can be a bit of an overload, if you will.

Old April 22nd, 2012 (01:46 AM).
I'm back, broz :)

Nature: Gentle
Name: Mavy (I'm a boy)
Starter Pokemon: Charmander and Mudkip
Starter Pokemon are cute, cool, strong and are easy to train!!!!!
Old April 22nd, 2012 (05:04 AM).
The Jewel Pokemon
Crystal Tier

Send a message via Skype™ to Avishka
welcome to the club,Mavy !!
why did you chose Charmander and Mudkip as ur partners??

@♪Twiggy♪ the CSS is okay imo

Old April 22nd, 2012 (05:53 AM).
Slender snake
Crystal Tier

I think I'm asking that question because some people commented that it can get quite... disorienting.

Welcome to the club, by the way, Mavy! Sometimes it can take quite a while for the lists to get updated, so don't worry too much about it for now.

Now, by the way, I wonder whether people are interested in having a starter as a desktop wallpaper? Think of it as a fun diversion.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links