The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 31st, 2012, 11:52 AM
RoreyG
Lizardon Man

Nature: Adamant
Charmander or Chimchar..............I don't know why exactly

But other than those two, it would have to be Totodial. I feel as if I want to hug it though.

Old December 31st, 2012, 07:54 PM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I would pinch Piplup, since its face looks so adorable.

It's also my second fave Water Starter, behind Oshawott.

Paired with Kouzan, Isaac and Heartouch
Battle Server | Tumblr | Profile | Supporter

Old January 1st, 2013, 02:18 AM
Twiggy
Slender snake
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecajunnacho78 View Post
Yeah I think its more of the realistic look of a Dewott. And Yeah I love my Oshawott.
The tail looks very off, though - more lizard/kaiju-like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikari10 View Post
I would pinch Piplup, since its face looks so adorable.

It's also my second fave Water Starter, behind Oshawott.
Who's going to bet that the Piplup's going to pinch you back harder?
Old January 1st, 2013, 07:28 AM
CourageHound
Trust & Courage. Nothing More

Nature: Relaxed
If nobody minds I would like to suggest a topic:

Is there anything at all you'd like to change about your partner pokemon or its evolutions? Or more specifically something you don't like? Design, dex, stats, movepool, etc?
Old January 1st, 2013, 09:29 AM
Arcturus.
Chews nails and spits napalm

Nature: Quiet
The only thing I don't like about the Bulbasaur line is Venasaur's face. It goes from being a cute little faced Ivysaur, to a Pokemon who looks extremely angry. But now that I think about it, I can't imagine Bulbasaur's or Ivysaur's face on that behemoth. It would look.. weird.
CSS|VM/PM|THEME
Old January 1st, 2013, 11:17 AM
Olli
we keep this love in a photograph

I really can't think of anything I'd change about Chimchar. The reason I liked it so much was because it was so great. Its evolutionary line's typing is great, their designs are great, their movepools are great, and there's nothing I generally dislike about them. It was one of the most helpful lines of Pokemon ever for me, with the whole lack of decent Fire types in Sinnoh, and they were just great. Only thing I can think of is for Infernape to GET A DARN HAIRCUT!
Old January 1st, 2013, 04:05 PM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I don't know what I'd change about Oshawott. It's my fave Pokemon and it's a very handy choice given the notable lack of Water-types in Unova. I love the whole line's designs being based on the concept of sea otters (sea lion in Samurott's case) and samurais, they have decent movepools that are usable throughout the game and I have to say my best runs through Black and White was when I picked Oshawott as my starter. It's awesome and that's what you get coming from an Oshawott fan like me.

Paired with Kouzan, Isaac and Heartouch
Battle Server | Tumblr | Profile | Supporter

Old January 1st, 2013, 05:15 PM
RoreyG
Lizardon Man

Simply put, give Charizard an immunity to Stealth Rocks.

Old January 1st, 2013, 08:40 PM
Schwan
Frontier Brain

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourageHound View Post
If nobody minds I would like to suggest a topic:

Is there anything at all you'd like to change about your partner pokemon or its evolutions? Or more specifically something you don't like? Design, dex, stats, movepool, etc?
Not including Eevee, Bulbasaur is my favourite starter. Never do I use the Pokemon given to me at the beginning of a game during my story however. Just always been a little rule of mine. What I would change is that I could catch it in the wild, so technically I wouldn't be breaking my rule.
Old January 2nd, 2013, 10:04 AM
CourageHound

There nothing i'd really change about venusaur except a little defensive boost and that power whip wasnt just an egg move. Emboar? A lil moar defense. A lil moar speed(although flame charge fixes that somewhat) and give him Close Combat. Except for those few things, my partners are pretty much perfect for me....except...well I'm pretty sure everyone thought Emboar was gunna be some kinda four legged boar right? I wonder what his design would have been like.
Old January 4th, 2013, 01:35 PM
Cosmotone8
silhouette of the past

Location: Boston, MA, USA, Earth, Sun Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Nature: Careful
Boost Empoleon's Sp. Attack and lower his Attack. Give him a bigger movepool, and I'd be all set. :)
But the more I try to move on, the more I feel alone
So I watch the summer stars to lead me home.

Old January 6th, 2013, 01:11 AM
Twiggy
Slender snake
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmotone8 View Post
Boost Empoleon's Sp. Attack and lower his Attack. Give him a bigger movepool, and I'd be all set.
Hmm... But do Empoleon really need a bigger movepool?

If Torterra had a way to easily get around its slow speed and 4x Ice weakness, it might make him very viable. Might be overpowered though.
Old January 6th, 2013, 07:34 PM
CourageHound

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♪Twiggy♪ View Post
If Torterra had a way to easily get around its slow speed and 4x Ice weakness, it might make him very viable. Might be overpowered though.
Torterra has Rock Polish + Stone Edge .

What does everyone think about GameFreak giving each starter their own rare secondary abillity(not dreamworld but an abillity other than blaze/overgrow/torrent) that would be monumental for each of them in battle?
Old January 10th, 2013, 06:22 AM
Twiggy
Slender snake
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourageHound View Post
What does everyone think about GameFreak giving each starter their own rare secondary abillity(not dreamworld but an abillity other than blaze/overgrow/torrent) that would be monumental for each of them in battle?
Just hope this doesn't cause everyone to get Uber'd. They're a fickle bunch!

New topic:
What do you think of Chespin, Fennekin, and Froakie?
Old January 10th, 2013, 07:04 AM
Heartouch
Look up to the stars.
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to Heartouch
Name: Wind Heart
Starter Pokémon: Pikacharge the Pikachu.
Why would you like to join the club?: The starters are the first Pokemon that I use.

What do you think of Chespin, Fennekin, and Froakie?: I think they are great! Chespin is Oshawott-ish, Fennekin is one cute fox, and Froakie is awesome too because it is the first frog starter in main-series game!
PC Family | PC Blog | EGC Blog | Twitter | Tumblr
Old January 10th, 2013, 12:03 PM
Cosmotone8
silhouette of the past

I can't wait to see there evos. :) This gen is WAY better than Unova's starters. As long as Fennekin ends up being a pure fire, not something stupid like fire fighting, I might consider choosing it, though they all have potential.
Also, trying to stay relatively spoiler free over here, so try not to blurt out anything important. xD

Old January 10th, 2013, 01:40 PM
RoreyG
Lizardon Man

I'll reserve my final judgement for when I see their evolutionary chains and what they're capable of.

Currently, however, I can't say I like what I see. Chespin is who I'll likely choose at the moment but he's a little bit too "Alvin and the Chipmunks" for my taste. Is Fenniken supposed to be a fire fox? Looks more like a chihuahua to me. Froakie oh Froakie........... what can I say about you. There are obviously people on here who you appeal to, unfortunately I'm just not one of them. Of course I can only say this in terms of their aesthetic appeal to me as we've not yet seen the full extent their battle capabilities.

I think that I can safely say that they're the strangest set of starters that we've had but it's way too early to tell if that's a good thing or a bad thing. As I've said, I'll reserve my final judgement of them until I've seen their evolutionary chains and battle capabilities. That only seems fair.

Old January 10th, 2013, 01:58 PM
Cosmotone8
silhouette of the past

Really? I like how they all look for the most part, except for Chesipin, who looks too much like Alvin and the Chipmunks, like you said. Fenniken is adorable, the eyes and ears are so adorable <3

Old January 10th, 2013, 02:21 PM
RoreyG
Lizardon Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmotone8 View Post
Really? I like how they all look for the most part, except for Chesipin, who looks too much like Alvin and the Chipmunks, like you said. Fenniken is adorable, the eyes and ears are so adorable <3

Yeah, I think I just don't know how to feel about the drastic change of design in first stage starters. Usually, they're round/ stout but this time around (the blatant exception being Chespin) they're slender and pointy, almost stick like. It just seems kinda off to me.

Well, to each his/ her own I guess.

Last edited by RoreyG; January 10th, 2013 at 05:32 PM.
Old January 10th, 2013, 05:27 PM
CourageHound

Well...after some evaluation I think I can say a few things here and there about what I think about their ffirst stages.

Chespin: Chespin looks like it has that Grass/Normal look going for it(although many people predict grass/dark, but still. Observing its design, I would say that its little prickly hat looks sorta odd. My guess is that it will become some sort of hedgehog or chipmunk. Other than thot, I dont have much opinion on him. Kinda "good", but at the same time "meh" in terms of me liking it. One thing to note, is that the red tip of its tail could see some development along with its hat in its evolutions.

Fennekin: Well, tis be the bandwagon starter. I will not deny that fennekin is adorably cute. However it just doesnt do it for me. Idk. My reasons being
1) it kinda gives off a feminine air and I like my starters to be male. This however is easily dismissed
2) I'm not sure if would take to a fox as well as the other starters.
3) Fennekin sorta has that Sly/Cute design. For me thats kinda meh...If it had something like a Sly/Cool design(Snivy comes to mind as an example) then it would apeal to me more. Then again...if I thought of Fennekin as a cat, I guess this sorta turns into a good thing.
Well, my viewpoints aside, Fennekin seems that it will be interesting for those that choose it. But looking at its actual design and slim structure, doesnt look like it will be able to take many hits.

Froakie: Ah..Froakie. The second checkmark on my list of animals I want as a starter. Evaluating its design it looks like they turned up the detail a bit. I like how they intergrated the foamy material on its back and nose. Take away the foam I think he kinda looks like treeko in terms of shape. Anyway, although maybe not the cutest starter Froakie does seem to be the most interested and apealing to me, due to its overall design and detail, its blank expression in the artwork could prove to be somewhat of an interesting personality, and its overal potential(being a frog and what not) gives it many forms of variety in design and statistical features.
A fakemon somone made of their interpretation of Froakie's final evo. If its final evolution actually looked like this, I would have zero complaints:
Spoiler:

Overall: The slight change of pace in their designs could prove promissing. Chespin's seems the most intriguing of all seeing as I'm not entirely sure what is is. Fennekin is sure to please its fans. And I have high hopes for froakie as my future starter. Either way, I think they all have pretty solid designs as first evolution starters and I like em.
Old January 13th, 2013, 04:30 PM
waveguidebuizel
no ordinary buizel

Nature: Timid
I'd love to join, if I could! ^-^
Name: waveguidebuizel
Starters: Squirtle and Turtwig
Why Join?: I'm a sucker for the starters! Their designs tend to appeal to me for some reason.

I love them! Especially Chespin! Such an excited little guy.

while keeping perfect time
you’ll bag up these hearts of mine
with your rhythmic shaking motion
let’s mix up more of our love potion

Water Safari: Octillery, Gyarados, Poliwhirl
Searching for Minccino, Gastrodon, Liepard, and Braixen safaris
Old January 22nd, 2013, 07:48 AM
Twiggy
Slender snake
Community Supporter

I suppose you all can say that I love Chespin now, eh? I want him to stay adorable. Very adorable. Sometimes you just can't beat cute when it comes to cute, and I'd like it to stay that way, though it's likely that it'll remain a pipe dream. Oh well, eh?
Old January 22nd, 2013, 01:09 PM
CourageHound

@Waveguidebuizel Welcome to the club!

@Twiggy So what would happen if chespin became less adorable upon evolution, but more badass and cool?

For froakie i'd perfer if he became more cool and tuff looking after evolution. We all know fennekin's final evo is gunna be some sort of elegant.
Old January 22nd, 2013, 04:35 PM
Arcturus.
Chews nails and spits napalm

Nature: Quiet
To answer the current topic, I find Froakie to be... Odd looking. Not that it's going to affect my choice, since I always pick the Grass-type starter. Speaking of Grass-type starters, I like the design of Chespin and if it's final evolution is part Dark-type, I'm going to flip. (In a good way.) Fennekin is, in my opinion, the cutest out of all three. I agree with CourageHound in how it's final evo is probably going to be elegant looking. All in all, I'm looking forward to the starters of Gen 6, and I hope they won't be as big a disappointment as Tepig's final evo was.
CSS|VM/PM|THEME
Old January 22nd, 2013, 04:39 PM
CourageHound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Element0 View Post
All in all, I'm looking forward to the starters of Gen 6, and I hope they won't be as big a disappointment as Tepig's final evo was.
...But. I like Emboar. Shortly after he was revealed, Emboar went from kinda awkward to one of my faves. Tho i do admit they could done a number of things differently

Sponsored Links