The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 16th, 2012, 06:14 AM
ikaroschase
サンダース the crackling of sparks

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ikaroschase Send a message via Skype™ to ikaroschase
Which starter Pokémon would you like to be?

oh oh i would like to be bulbasaur :DDDDD with the vines i can reach anything that is out of reach for normal pokemon and i can even play pranks >< YAY BULBASAUR! (: oh and being bulbasaur, i would enjoy the sun much more :P [my country is very hot and humid ): it's sometimes almost unbearable]

Old January 16th, 2012, 07:12 AM
Hikamaru
dude, woman up!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♪Twiggy♪ View Post
New Topic!
Oshawott FTW, I'd love using a small shell as a weapon just like how samurais use their swords. That is why I love Oshawott.
Old January 16th, 2012, 11:31 AM
Flame-Typhlosion
Champion

Nature: Impish
Quote:
Cyndaquil! :D Now the people who sneak up on me will pay

Last edited by Flame-Typhlosion; January 17th, 2012 at 06:11 AM.
Old January 16th, 2012, 07:13 PM
Popsicle
~Dancing Crazy~

Twiggy I'd like my starter to be Treecko if that isn't a problem.

Everytime you click my Pokemon/Eggs you get a virtual cookie!
Old January 17th, 2012, 04:54 AM
Avishka
Busy.
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Avishka
i would like to be a Chikorita/treecko

Last edited by Avishka; January 17th, 2012 at 05:03 AM.
Old January 18th, 2012, 02:59 AM
Twiggy
Slender snake
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Quote:
Originally Posted by qorkbro View Post
qorkbro
my favorite starters? Squritle and Totodile
why? well my reason is that pokemon yellow was my first pokemon game and i really never felt attached to my pikachu but either way my first pokemon were my starters(of course) but i'm a little crazy i feel like i share a bond with pokemon sometimes when i was little pokemon just kinda kept me there and i would really love to join if you don't mind me joining
Seems like somehow I missed this one. Welcome to the club! I'll be off for a while to add you in, so hang tight!
Old January 18th, 2012, 03:11 AM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Which starter Pokemon would you like to be?

Hmm, tough question! I think I'd want to be Piplup! I'd certainly want to be a Water type as having power over water would be amazing - a life long dream of mine! And I'd want to be one that stands on two legs, so Mudkip is out of the question... Then after that, I'd just want to be something huggable and if I was a Piplup, I'd be able to look at myself in the mirror and cheer up due to the sheer cuteness! <3
Old January 18th, 2012, 05:13 AM
Twiggy
Slender snake
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexOzzyCake View Post
Which starter Pokemon would you like to be?

Hmm, tough question! I think I'd want to be Piplup! I'd certainly want to be a Water type as having power over water would be amazing - a life long dream of mine! And I'd want to be one that stands on two legs, so Mudkip is out of the question... Then after that, I'd just want to be something huggable and if I was a Piplup, I'd be able to look at myself in the mirror and cheer up due to the sheer cuteness! <3
*starts to think about Dawn's Piplup*

*melts*

I love Pokémon. I love penguins. I love cute stuff. This means that... well, I think I'm going to bring you home tonight! ^.
Old January 18th, 2012, 07:11 AM
PokemonLady
Trainer

Nature: Relaxed
Starter Pokemon wise, I would like to be a Charmander... It's final evolved form is so badass

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old January 18th, 2012, 12:06 PM
Cosmotone8
silhouette of the past

Location: Boston, MA, USA, Earth, Sun Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Nature: Careful
Hmm... I would probably like to be a Treecko. It would be awesome once evolution came.
But the more I try to move on, the more I feel alone
So I watch the summer stars to lead me home.

Old January 18th, 2012, 12:47 PM
Olli
I wanna see you be brave
Community Supporter

Name: Olli97
Starter Pokémon: Chimchar
Why would you like to join the club?: Well, after a while of posting around the clubs, I noticed that alot of my faves are actually either starter Pokémon or evolutions of them, so I assumed it was finally time to join this one. The reason I like so many of the starters are most likely because they're the ones I start out my journey with, and therefore often the ones that I have the most experiences with. Some people tend to just leave their starter behind when they reach a little in the games, though, but I don't remember one singe play-through of a game where I left my starter behind.
Old January 20th, 2012, 04:54 AM
Twiggy
Slender snake
Community Supporter

OK, welcome to the club, new guys

Now to give the member list and points a huuuuuuuuuge update. When I update this post again, well, you know what's up.

Update Finished!

You guys should be able to see the new member list with new points values.

Last edited by Twiggy; January 20th, 2012 at 05:00 AM.
Old January 22nd, 2012, 06:58 AM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

New topic: 'Which starter Pokemon gains the most interesting typing from evolving?'

Personally I'd go with Empoleon! Water/Steel gives a lot to work with and gives it some good resistances and traits. Plus it's very unique! I don't think it's the most useful typing it could gain, but it sure is interesting!
Old January 22nd, 2012, 07:09 AM
Olli
I wanna see you be brave
Community Supporter

Quote:
New topic: 'Which starter Pokemon gains the most interesting typing from evolving?'

Personally I'd go with Empoleon! Water/Steel gives a lot to work with and gives it some good resistances and traits. Plus it's very unique! I don't think it's the most useful typing it could gain, but it sure is interesting!
I agree with you on everything you said on the Water/Steel dual-typing. It's pretty interesting and unique, but the typing doesn't really give that many advantages or varied moves as another one could have.

Mudkip's evolutions on the other hand have a very useful typing. Whilst the Water/Ground typing is very unique, it is also really powerful. While the typing only makes Marshtomp and Swampert weaker against Grass types, it makes them completely immune to Electric type moves, which is a big threat for many of the Water types. It also gives a large variety of attacks, which I like a lot n_n
Old January 22nd, 2012, 07:15 AM
Twiggy
Slender snake
Community Supporter

Quote:

That typing sure messes up a lot of things that were expected of Water types. XD
Old January 22nd, 2012, 05:10 PM
Cosmotone8
silhouette of the past

Location: Boston, MA, USA, Earth, Sun Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Nature: Careful
Hmm.... Gonna go with Charizard for this one. There are only two other fire-flying types (I think) Gives it some advantages but some weaknesses.
But the more I try to move on, the more I feel alone
So I watch the summer stars to lead me home.

Old January 23rd, 2012, 01:15 AM
Twiggy
Slender snake
Community Supporter

*starts to wonder about the few that only signed up and then is nowhere to be found in the club*
Old January 23rd, 2012, 01:45 AM
Hikamaru
dude, woman up!
Community Supporter

Quote:

Either Swampert or Empoleon, they get great typings.

Swampert's Ground-type makes it immune to Electrics while Empoleon gains lots of resistances with that Steel-type.
Old January 23rd, 2012, 04:00 AM
Twiggy
Slender snake
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikari10 View Post
Either Swampert or Empoleon, they get great typings.

Swampert's Ground-type makes it immune to Electrics while Empoleon gains lots of resistances with that Steel-type.
Speaking of Swampert, that Ground type also makes it not weak to anything, aside from Grass, where it's doubly weak. (4x hurts a lot!)
Old January 23rd, 2012, 04:10 AM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♪Twiggy♪ View Post
Speaking of Swampert, that Ground type also makes it not weak to anything, aside from Grass, where it's doubly weak. (4x hurts a lot!)
Hello Grass Knot, good bye Swampert ;) Tbh, I normally find it quite had to understand why Swampert is Ground type. Sure it lives in a swamp, but where does Ground type come into that? Surely that'd either give it Grass or Poison typing if anything? Then again, this picture sort of reaffirms it...

Old January 23rd, 2012, 04:18 AM
Twiggy
Slender snake
Community Supporter

Quote:

Hello Grass Knot, good bye Swampert Tbh, I normally find it quite had to understand why Swampert is Ground type. Sure it lives in a swamp, but where does Ground type come into that? Surely that'd either give it Grass or Poison typing if anything? Then again, this picture sort of reaffirms it...

We'd end up with a messed up type triangle that way. :p

Then again, the Starter Triangle in Generation IV is pretty much effectively broken several times over, so...

Is it just me, or am I finding Swampert also cute? Even though this is the Starter Pokémon Club, I just can't resist it. XD
Old January 23rd, 2012, 04:24 AM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Now that you mention it, I agree with you! It has a cheeky smile too :D

So lovable! And that's something I thought I'd never say about Swampert! By the way, can I claim a Shinx called Sparky as my second partner? ^^
Old January 23rd, 2012, 04:33 AM
Twiggy
Slender snake
Community Supporter

Quote:
Now that you mention it, I agree with you! It has a cheeky smile too :D

So lovable! And that's something I thought I'd never say about Swampert! By the way, can I claim a Shinx called Sparky as my second partner?
Sure! I'll go on and add that into the lists now. XD

New Topic!
Would you like to see that every single Pokémon from a family always available?

That Other Topic!
Pick another three families of Starter Pokémon to add into!
Use this as a reference: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...r_Pok%C3%A9mon
Old January 23rd, 2012, 06:08 AM
Flame-Typhlosion
Champion

Nature: Impish
ARRGH! Why was i gone for so long? Now i gotta answer 3 topics :O

Quote:
Blaziken,i really like both fire and fighting,they make me happy :D

Quote:
Would you like to see that every single Pokémon from a family always available?
Not really,i would only like the starters that you 1st get in the game,like mudkip. Your more attached to them then other pokemon,like if you were to add a pidgey to the starter list :/

Quote:
Pick another three families of Starter Pokémon to add into!

Cubone,munchlax,and vulpix

Old January 23rd, 2012, 06:17 AM
Avishka
Busy.
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Avishka
Which starter Pokemon gains the most interesting typing from evolving?
Empoleon and Infernape

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links