Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fourth Generation
Reload this Page DiamondPearlPlatinum Would you ever like to see Diamond and Pearl remade?

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fourth Generation Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum kicked off the fourth generation of Pokémon. Two years later, fans of the Johto region were treated to a remastered adventure in HeartGold & SoulSilver. Discuss the games, explore the features, share your experiences, and help other players out!

Closed Thread

Old April 18th, 2011 (09:08 PM). Edited April 19th, 2011 by Exile.
love below
Gold Tier

Nature: Adamant
Talk of G/S and R/S remakes has always been present, (with the former actually getting remade and fulfilling these hopes/rumors) ever since FireRed and LeafGreen was released in 2004. What about when Diamond and Pearl's "day" comes? In a number of years from now, chatter about D/P remakes will probably start to pop up, especially is Ruby and Sapphire have already been granted remakes? So, would you ever like to see Diamond and Pearl, remade? Are there any features you'd like to see enhanced or added in these hypothetical remakes?

I for one, wouldn't mind these two games getting remade, as they were two of my favorite games and I think that if they were to be remade, the remakes would be nothing short of stunning.

(Guys, I know it's too early for them to be remade now, hence the "ever" in the thread title.)

paired to kaori & vrai
Old April 18th, 2011 (09:14 PM).
can you feel my heart?
Crystal Tier

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Vrai
I think... that it's really way too early to be thinking about stuff like this, tbh. I mean, what do we even think it's going to look like? Will we actually have legitimately 3D Pokemon games by then? Presumably they'd come out after a 6th generation of Pokemon... will there be like evolutions for some of those Pokemon introduced in the 4th generation by then? I dunno. Will there even be a remake? First gen was remade because of nostalgia and all that, second gen for fandom purposes... will the third gen even be touched? HECK WILL IT BE ON A NEW SYSTEM BY THEN??? :@

There are just too many questions to ask before even thinking about stuff like this for me. :(
Old April 18th, 2011 (09:30 PM).
//fennekin
Gold Tier

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ~Ryukaa Send a message via Skype™ to ~Ryukaa
I wouldn't mind seeing it be remade in the future. The games weren't bad. I liked them.
Old April 18th, 2011 (09:42 PM).
Wanderer
Platinum Tier

Nature: Mild
Seems way to early to be speculating something that is probably more then 5 years down the road. There will probably be different game mechanics with 6th Gen by then. All I know is Distortion World would definitely have full 3D effects by then. Yeah these two games probably get made, I kind of doubt pokemon will all of a sudden loving money. New games and remakes of older ones equal money so if they are guaranteed profit then it will happen.

Brian - 0089 1621 6313 - White

Old April 19th, 2011 (12:27 AM).
Nyeh?
Gold Tier

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
It's too early to think about D/P remakes, but that would be cool if they did get remakes.

Old April 19th, 2011 (03:36 AM). Edited April 19th, 2011 by StolenDarknessWithin.

I'm working on a remake right now

It's not full-on but it's still a remake
Old April 20th, 2011 (02:25 AM).
Starting anew...

Nature: Timid
Quote originally posted by Vrai:
HECK WILL IT BE ON A NEW SYSTEM BY THEN??? :@
Of course it will! My best bet is that it'll be released on the 3DS,
with updated graphics (90% PS3 ones) and maybe voices.

These games will be remade, but it'll be a long time before that happens.
Old April 20th, 2011 (06:52 AM).

Nature: Careful
It'd love it. It's too early to think about it now but yes, I'd love to see a remake. And I know perfect names for them:

RoundPearl and DiamondEdge.

Sounds weird doesn't it :cer_eek:...? But so did HeartGold and SoulSilver.
Your love is ultra magnetic and it's taking over
This is hardcore.
And I'm indestructible...

Old April 20th, 2011 (06:55 AM).
I'm just an ordinary Saiyan...
Platinum Tier

Nature: Modest
My favorite Gen 4 games. Yes, it would be really nice. Heck I would probably get back my motivation to play Pokemon games. Of course in a new console.
Old April 20th, 2011 (06:57 AM).
kamikorosu
Gold Tier

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via AIM to BHwolfgang Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to BHwolfgang Send a message via Skype™ to BHwolfgang
It's inevitable, but we have to wait until the 6th or 7th generation.

I doubt the characters will have voices. However, there might be over 1,000 Pokemons by then!
Old April 20th, 2011 (07:42 AM). Edited April 20th, 2011 by skyluigi2.
L-let's a-go...!
Silver Tier

Nature: Jolly
It'll be released after R/S remakes, and after Gen VI.
Probably :3

Although, it's not exactly obsolete yet is it?

-totodile42

☆ 3DS FC: 5069-3912-3062
☆ NNID: skyluigi
☆ PSN ID: Jellygamer
☆ Let me know if you've added me!

☆ Next most anticipated game(s): Super Mario Maker, Yo-Kai Watch and Little Battlers eXperience

☆ Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team Bros. and Yoshi's Woolly World

☆ I'm known on Twitter as skyluigi2 as well

☆ Paired with Tsutarja

Old April 20th, 2011 (10:26 AM).
On that 'Non stop road'
Gold Tier

Nature: Quirky
Maybe in about 8-10 years once we're into 6th or 7th generation. It's too soon now.

Though I'd much rather see them get remade as opposed to R/S. I may not have enjoyed the Pokemon more in D/P, but I certainly did enjoy the story more.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
PC Vital Stats
* Pair
* PC Family
* Bishies
* VG Claims
* Friend Codes
Links
* Blog
* Web Site
* Fan Fictions:
* Leaf Green LP
Old April 20th, 2011 (12:40 PM).
Should have been in Dissidia

Nature: Quiet
I'd like them someday, but not until they're completely outdated.
Old April 20th, 2011 (12:49 PM).
#1 Yancy fan
Gold Tier

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Misheard Whisper
Gen I was remade in Gen III, and Gen II was remade in Gen IV. By that logic, we can expect to see R/S remakes for the 3DS next year, and then remakes of D/P after the next set of main series games (ie in Gen VI. But maybe Nintendo'll slow it down now we've caught up somewhat? I mean, with the release of HG/SS and B/W, we're suddenly able to get all 649 Pokemon on one cartridge, right?
Old April 20th, 2011 (02:14 PM).
Now stand up and begin
Gold Tier

Haha, Nintendo aren't slowing down, they're speeding up...I'd only just heard of the DSi when DSi XL came out...the gaps between games are decreasing too...between Emerald and D/P was 2 years, yet Platinum was released only a year before Hg/Ss, which were released less than a year before Gen V arrived with BW!

I doubt I'll still be playing pokémon when they're remade (I won't be able to afford it, most likely), but it'd be cool if they were re-made...especially if they weren't so slow. And with seasons...well, who doesn't want to know what Snowpoint City is like when the snow melts?

(Speaking of seasons, as Hoenn's tropical, don't you kinda hope there'll be more tropical storms in certain seasons?)
Old April 20th, 2011 (06:40 PM).
Gilgαmesh

I think it's honestly way too soon(agreeing with the others on this) to ever see Diamond and Pearl remade. Not only this, but the B/W generation really outclasses D/P by miles. So while Team Galactic was sorta awesome and whatnot, overall, I think Team Plasma was only slightly better with the better story and whatnot.
Old April 21st, 2011 (10:42 AM).
TECHNOLOGY TODAY IS INCREDIBLE
Crystal Tier

I like DPPt more than BW (Though I swear there is a Pokemon 'Grey' or something still yet to come).

Anyway, it really depends on how the games will be in the future. I like the sprites in Pokemon; if everything looks like it's trying to be the newest example in graphics I might not want to see DPPt turn out that way. But expecting something positive, why not? It would be fun to see what they wanted to portray back then in more visual detail.
Old April 21st, 2011 (02:38 PM).
Lovatic

Nature: Timid
Eventually.

But, if they're going to continue re-making games, it'd make sense for RS remakes to come next. I see it going something like this:

-"Grey"
-RS remakes
-Gen VI
-DP remakes (hopefully before Gen VI's third version).

If they're going to wait for about two years before making "grey" like they did with DP and Platinum, RS remakes will take a while (unless they're inbetween). Then Gen VI . . . but i'd love to see DP remade. Some things I'd like to see:

*Distortion World in epic 3D - they could include this like they did with the suicune storyline in HGSS, that wasn't in the originals.
*Contests again - I loved 'em. Oh and 3D poffin making.
*3D seals - i miss seals
Old April 21st, 2011 (03:41 PM).
Pokémon World Champion - 2015-16

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Twilight-kun
maybe in ten years or so, I'm replaying my Platinum at the moment, and adding Charon and Giratina as a 'post Elite Four event' type thing would be awesome

There's an alert on the TV about "Strange Distortions at the Peak of Mt. Coronet and you go to see what it is...

Cyrus uses Dialga and the Diamond/Pearl Plot commences (Pre Elite Four)
Charon attempts to use Palkia and Dialga, annoying Giratina...and you know the rest (Post Elite Four)
Old April 21st, 2011 (07:00 PM).
Gotta love that feeling~

Nature: Naughty
If Pokemon is still alive..*shrugs* would be kinda cool to see what they come up with. I mean, I didnt hate Sinnoh, but I wasnt very particular to it either. It was just a bridge to the start of the DS Poke games. Though, from what ive seen of the series so far..Well better if I make a explanation :D. It seems if they do remake a game, there has to be at least one new region in between. Like after R/S/E, came LF/FR, and then they moved on with D/P/PL. And then they redid G/S into HG/SS, and then now they came out with Unova in B/W..ANd there is much talk of a R/S/E remake, so if it continues as is there will be a new region, then remake of D/P/Pt, and then a new region..And then a remake of Unova..continuing on and on >_<. Thats if the Pokemon series even makes it that far before it gets shut down or turned into games for 5 year olds *shrugs again*

Ultimate Monotype Challenge- Electric
Yellow/ Crystal/Emerald/Diamond
Old April 22nd, 2011 (01:09 PM).

Nature: Calm
I really can't picture myself being excited for it now, but a few years into the future reviving Sinnoh could be a good idea.
Old April 24th, 2011 (01:17 AM).
Shut down the devil sound

Simple answer is...

No.
Old April 24th, 2011 (08:07 AM).
Just bein me
Silver Tier

Nature: Rash
they have to re make crystal first then pokemon ruby saphire and emerald then possibly diomond pearl.[they already re made blue red green with pokemon yellow special pika edition.
Old April 24th, 2011 (09:51 AM).
How do you change this text?

When Nintendo can pull of the same resolution in their handhelds as my iPod Touch (4th Gen) and display them in autostereoscopic 3D (like in the 3DS), then yes. I'd love to see those remakes :D
Old April 24th, 2011 (10:01 AM).
ain't that a kick in the head?

Part of me says yes, part of me says no.

I really didn't like the fourth generation (or third for that matter, what an eyesore.) I didn't feel attached to any of the new pokemon in those two generations.
On the other hand, I can't resist playing a Pokemon game, even if it is just a remake.

I think Black and White will be my last Pokemon if they move to the 3DS. I have no plans to get a 3Ds, since i'm not too interested in handheld gaming or anything by Nintendo other than Pokemon.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)