Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Resources
Reload this Page Ultimate BW Pack for Pokémon Essentials

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Resources Everything you need to help make your game can be found in here. You can also post your own resources. Remember to give credit!
The thread revival limit does not apply here.

View Poll Results: Animated or static sprites?
Animated (+ Looks better, - Large files) 241 81.42%
Static (+ Smaller files, - Looks worse) 55 18.58%
Voters: 296. You may not vote on this poll

Old August 6th, 2012 (11:50 PM).
MOM GET THE CAMERA

Quote originally posted by RaulCortez:
Hey Guys!

I was wondering if someone had this very same pack but with the STATIC versions of the sprites. I know it looks nice and all, but honestly to have a folder that's more than 200mb on just the pokemon is something i don't find attractive at all. I don't want to end up with a game that's over 1gb.

I downloaded the pack when it featured the resized static sprites, but lost it with my old PC :( Does anyone have it? P-Sign? anyone? The sprites are very pretty, but i don't need that extra weight the animation gives.

Thanks for this awesome contribution, btw, P-Sign!
I don't have the old pack, but I can change the animated sprites of the newest release to static sprites. I think I'm done in two hours ;)
Old August 6th, 2012 (11:57 PM).
The Emblem of Fire

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to RaulCortez
Quote originally posted by P-Sign:
I don't have the old pack, but I can change the animated sprites of the newest release to static sprites. I think I'm done in two hours
Wow, that was fast! Thanks a whole lot, P-Sign! I also should suggest that you add it to the main post as an alternative download, just in case that someone else has a computer with low resources or just wants to make a light game while still using B/W graphics! Who knows, there must be other weirdos like me out there

Old August 7th, 2012 (02:30 AM).
Purr

Do you probably have the old pack when the whole back sprites were shown just like in BW? I remember you had those.
Old August 7th, 2012 (10:14 AM).
Crystaline

I would also be interested in having a static version. As cool as animated sprites are, some of my users can't reasonably download a 600 MB- I'd like to offer a static version as an alternative as well.
Old August 7th, 2012 (11:55 AM).
MOM GET THE CAMERA

Quote originally posted by RaulCortez:
Wow, that was fast! Thanks a whole lot, P-Sign! I also should suggest that you add it to the main post as an alternative download, just in case that someone else has a computer with low resources or just wants to make a light game while still using B/W graphics! Who knows, there must be other weirdos like me out there :P
Here you go:
http://www.filefactory.com/file/1cabjz5vh52x/n/Ultimate_BW_Pack7_STAT.zip

Quote originally posted by Riansky:
Do you probably have the old pack when the whole back sprites were shown just like in BW? I remember you had those.
I don't have it anymore so I have to recompile it. You aren't the first to request this by the way, so this is a priority from now on. I think it will be done next week.
Old August 7th, 2012 (12:29 PM).
The Emblem of Fire

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to RaulCortez
Here you go:
http://www.filefactory.com/file/1cabjz5vh52x/n/Ultimate_BW_Pack7_STAT.zip

I don't have it anymore so I have to recompile it. You aren't the first to request this by the way, so this is a priority from now on. I think it will be done next week.
Thanks! I checked it and found that the backsprites are a bit bigger than usual. I guess i'll wait for the other pack with the recompiled backsprites to change them, too!

Old August 11th, 2012 (09:55 PM).
5-Time Champion

Nature: Timid
Hello, um, I was trying to download your pack but no matter how many times I try to download it, it says that it is invalid. I tried to open in in 7zip, and it says that it cannot be opened as an archive. Do you know why this might be? >~< I really want to download this...
Old August 11th, 2012 (10:26 PM).

If the links here dont work then try the one thats in my sig its p-signs pack and also help-14 and zingzags pokemon follow script all set up. if u dont want the pokemon follow stuf then just copy all the graphics and adio out of there folders plus the pokemon.txt moves.txt items.txt shadowmoves.txt tm.txt and abillities.txt from the pbs folder and paste them into your game and thats it.

all the music and graphics are from p-signs kit apart from the pokemon overworlds
p-Sign
Clowcardruler
Maruno
Venom12
FL .
Help-14
zingzag
rick1234
Old August 12th, 2012 (08:23 AM).
MOM GET THE CAMERA

Quote originally posted by 4rcanine:
Hello, um, I was trying to download your pack but no matter how many times I try to download it, it says that it is invalid. I tried to open in in 7zip, and it says that it cannot be opened as an archive. Do you know why this might be? >~< I really want to download this...
Which version did you download and which download link did you use?
Old August 12th, 2012 (09:46 PM).

I used Bolth so far and I get the same error=(
Old August 13th, 2012 (05:32 PM).
:D

Nothing really changed just the Pokemon are animated. Trainer sprites are the same. Map didn't change either. (Idk if it was supposed to)
Old August 19th, 2012 (11:17 AM).

Thanks for uploading the static sprites version, but there's some problems with these new sprites. Half of them aren't aligned right and have to be manually realigned and a couple big pokemon like Lugia and Moltres as so big that they cover the other pokemon. This wouldn't be so bad if the enemy pokemon didn't appears on top of the one you're controlling.
Old August 20th, 2012 (02:12 AM).
MOM GET THE CAMERA

Quote originally posted by Nimpe:
Thanks for uploading the static sprites version, but there's some problems with these new sprites. Half of them aren't aligned right and have to be manually realigned and a couple big pokemon like Lugia and Moltres as so big that they cover the other pokemon. This wouldn't be so bad if the enemy pokemon didn't appears on top of the one you're controlling.
Would you mind sending me a screenshot? I don't have this problem, which version of Essentials are you using?
Old August 20th, 2012 (11:24 PM).

Would you mind sending me a screenshot? I don't have this problem, which version of Essentials are you using?
I'm using the latest version, which is v9.
And sure, here's the image.
(Sorry but I had to attach it because I haven't posted enough on this forum to post links)
Attached Thumbnails
503336babca12.jpg‎  
Old August 20th, 2012 (11:35 PM).
MOM GET THE CAMERA

I'm using the latest version, which is v9.
And sure, here's the image.
(Sorry but I had to attach it because I haven't posted enough on this forum to post links)
Ah, I see. That's a problem exclusive to Lugia, it's sprite is very wide compared to other Pokémon. I can try resizing the sprite of Lugia, but I can't guarantee that it will look good. I'm sorry.
Old August 21st, 2012 (01:24 PM). Edited August 22nd, 2012 by Nimpe.

Lugia is one of the most noticeable but a few others I noticed do it too. Gyarados and Moltres do it too off the top of my head. Also some of the sprites seem to be sort of tearing. If you look, it's on Cresselia's backsprite and the front and back of her shiny forms, The front of Leafy Wormadam, all of Mothim's sprites, both the front and back of normal and shiny Uxie, the backsprites of Illumise and Elgyem, and possibly more that I haven't found. Also, all of Burmy and Wormadam's shiny sprites aren't there at all. Also I've noticed that none of the gender differences are there.

Edit:I decided I'd go through the entire image file and point out what I see.
I noticed that the shiny backsprite for Steelix is a smaller image than the regular one. I didn't look at this ingame so I'm not sure what it looks like.
This also happens with every sprite for Teddiursa and Ursaring.
Also, Shiny Diglett's front and back sprites are different from the normal. And Shiny Dugtrio is tearing on both.
Normal and shiny Manaphy and Phione's back and front sprites are all tearing, too.
Tirtouga's front sprites normal and shiny tear.
All of Plusle's sprites tear, and quite disturbingly if you ask me. His ear is floating off his body.

Oh! I just tested out Lugia ingame and apparently it fixes itself. Lugia appears ontop of the enemy, which is kind of cool I guess.
Old August 25th, 2012 (01:28 PM).
AKA KarjamP

Is this compatable with features introduced in Pokemon Essentials versions 8 and 9?
Old August 25th, 2012 (01:32 PM).
MOM GET THE CAMERA

Lugia is one of the most noticeable but a few others I noticed do it too. Gyarados and Moltres do it too off the top of my head. Also some of the sprites seem to be sort of tearing. If you look, it's on Cresselia's backsprite and the front and back of her shiny forms, The front of Leafy Wormadam, all of Mothim's sprites, both the front and back of normal and shiny Uxie, the backsprites of Illumise and Elgyem, and possibly more that I haven't found. Also, all of Burmy and Wormadam's shiny sprites aren't there at all. Also I've noticed that none of the gender differences are there.

Edit:I decided I'd go through the entire image file and point out what I see.
I noticed that the shiny backsprite for Steelix is a smaller image than the regular one. I didn't look at this ingame so I'm not sure what it looks like.
This also happens with every sprite for Teddiursa and Ursaring.
Also, Shiny Diglett's front and back sprites are different from the normal. And Shiny Dugtrio is tearing on both.
Normal and shiny Manaphy and Phione's back and front sprites are all tearing, too.
Tirtouga's front sprites normal and shiny tear.
All of Plusle's sprites tear, and quite disturbingly if you ask me. His ear is floating off his body.

Oh! I just tested out Lugia ingame and apparently it fixes itself. Lugia appears ontop of the enemy, which is kind of cool I guess.
Thanks for pointing these out, I'll see what I can do. I am very busy with my fangame at the moment so I have little time to fix these.

Quote originally posted by Karjam:
Is this compatable with features introduced in Pokemon Essentials versions 8 and 9?
Yes, although you might get problems with Experience Points. I'll send you a working pokemon.txt if you get problems.
Old August 25th, 2012 (02:13 PM).
Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials

I noticed some missing icons and cries. For example, Frillish/Jellicent/Unfezant need icons for each gender (this is now possible in Essentials), and there's the genies/Kyurem/Keldeo's alternate forms. The three genies also have different cries in their alternate forms.
Old August 26th, 2012 (12:46 AM).

I think there is a problem with pokemon.txt. I always receive 1EXP. I'm using the latest version of essentials (9)
Old August 26th, 2012 (02:37 AM).
MOM GET THE CAMERA

Quote originally posted by Parismessios3:
I think there is a problem with pokemon.txt. I always receive 1EXP. I'm using the latest version of essentials (9)
Yeah, there is. I am currently filling in the BaseExp field of all Pokémon and then I'll upload the fixed pokemon.txt file somewhere.
Old August 26th, 2012 (01:20 PM).

Ok, is there any possibility that you will release a pack with the female sprites of the pokemon?
Old September 6th, 2012 (11:16 AM).
Felix_The_Cat

Nature: Lonely
I am running Pokemon Eseentials on Rmxp with Ultimate BW 7 sprites. and .txt file but it didnt come with base stats.... Please some one help... or if they know where i can find the numbers or updated file please share.

BaseExp = 0 ???????

EXAMPLE :

Spoiler:
[13]
Name=Weedle
InternalName=WEEDLE
Type1=BUG
Type2=POISON
BaseStats=40,35,30,50,20,20
GenderRate=Female50Percent
GrowthRate=Medium
BaseEXP=0
EffortPoints=0,0,0,1,0,0
Rareness=255
Happiness=70
Abilities=SHIELDDUST
HiddenAbility=RUNAWAY
Moves=1,POISONSTING,1,STRINGSHOT,15,BUGBITE
EggMoves=
Compatibility=3,3
StepsToHatch=4080
Height=0.3
Weight=3.2
Color=Brown
Habitat=Forest
Kind=Hairy Bug
Pokedex=A Weedle has an extremely acute sense of smell. It distinguishes its favorite kinds of leaves from those it dislikes by sniffing with its big red proboscis (nose).
BattlerPlayerY=11
BattlerEnemyY=20
BattlerAltitude=0
Evolutions=KAKUNA,Level,7

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=287022
Old September 6th, 2012 (09:36 PM).
MOM GET THE CAMERA

Quote originally posted by Parismessios3:
Ok, is there any possibility that you will release a pack with the female sprites of the pokemon?
There is, but I am very busy so it won't be released for a few months.

Quote originally posted by M4CK_M4YN3:
I am running Pokemon Eseentials on Rmxp with Ultimate BW 7 sprites. and .txt file but it didnt come with base stats.... Please some one help... or if they know where i can find the numbers or updated file please share.

BaseExp = 0 ???????

EXAMPLE :

Spoiler:
[13]
Name=Weedle
InternalName=WEEDLE
Type1=BUG
Type2=POISON
BaseStats=40,35,30,50,20,20
GenderRate=Female50Percent
GrowthRate=Medium
BaseEXP=0
EffortPoints=0,0,0,1,0,0
Rareness=255
Happiness=70
Abilities=SHIELDDUST
HiddenAbility=RUNAWAY
Moves=1,POISONSTING,1,STRINGSHOT,15,BUGBITE
EggMoves=
Compatibility=3,3
StepsToHatch=4080
Height=0.3
Weight=3.2
Color=Brown
Habitat=Forest
Kind=Hairy Bug
Pokedex=A Weedle has an extremely acute sense of smell. It distinguishes its favorite kinds of leaves from those it dislikes by sniffing with its big red proboscis (nose).
BattlerPlayerY=11
BattlerEnemyY=20
BattlerAltitude=0
Evolutions=KAKUNA,Level,7
I've updated the pokemon.txt file.
Download it here:http://www.mediafire.com/?ebpx3z0cxmif672

The whole pack will be updated this afternoon.
Old September 7th, 2012 (07:54 AM).
Felix_The_Cat

Nature: Lonely
Thank you SO Much P-Sign Please Disregard Deviant aRT POST.. works great

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=287022
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)