The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Trade Corner

Notices

Trade Corner Having trouble completing your Pokédex? Looking for a certain Pokémon or have a rare one to offer? This is your forum. Everything related to wireless trades can be discussed here.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 31st, 2012, 04:59 PM
Gonzo
RNG Sommelier
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave

Advertise here
Szczęśliwego Nowego Roku!

(I don't have to translate that, do I? :D)

クリムガン
It races through narrow caves, using its sharp claws to catch prey. The skin on its face is harder than a rock.

PokéCommunity Supporter Collab

Pair | Family
Old December 31st, 2012, 06:01 PM
roosterman
Freaking annoying!

i'm not sure who that was aimed at but if me then i'm afraid you will, google translate makes my 3DS sad.

pokemon black 2 friend code: 1979 8164 1100
my best battle video: 72-38989-76548. tell me your thoughts!
"Believe it or not, angels crap much more than other beings. Ever wonder why the phrase "holy crap" is so popular?" -macomuu
Old December 31st, 2012, 06:06 PM
IStreamSandwich
Karen Gillan <3
Community Supporter Tier 4

Nature: Timid
I'm quite sure it means Happy New Year
Old December 31st, 2012, 06:15 PM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

Happy New Year, traders!

Any resolutions? Things you wanna do or see in 2013? I'd like to see Griffy post more and embrace me. >:O
Old December 31st, 2012, 06:18 PM
Griffinbane
I hate Smeargle.
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA you're funny Blade. <3

White: 1463 5558 5309
X: 2208 5685 5454
- - - -
Old December 31st, 2012, 06:43 PM
IStreamSandwich
Karen Gillan <3
Community Supporter Tier 4

Hmm resolutions.
In 2013 I aim to own all event pokemon, complete full pokedex on HeartGold/Platinum/White/Black2
and have a successful trade shop (when it gets approved )
Old January 3rd, 2013, 01:19 AM
Gonzo
RNG Sommelier
Community Supporter

Thanks for your votes, guys! It's cool that some people appreciate my RNG mania.
*looks at his shiny new emblem*

クリムガン
It races through narrow caves, using its sharp claws to catch prey. The skin on its face is harder than a rock.

PokéCommunity Supporter Collab

Pair | Family
Old January 3rd, 2013, 12:22 PM
Absol
Community Supporter

You're welcome Gonzo. :)

A big thanks to everyone who voted for me since I never expected to win anything here. I appreciate all you guys. :D Also, congrats to everyone who won and thanks for making 2012 a good year. Here's to hoping that 2013 is an even better year!!
Old January 5th, 2013, 05:50 PM
RingoH

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightBlade View Post
Happy New Year, traders!

Any resolutions? Things you wanna do or see in 2013? I'd like to see Griffy post more and embrace me. >:O
Now that I've started to RNG again, and started to post here again.... My New Year's resolution is to FINALLY open a trade shop. Lately, I've been VERY obsessive about Entre Link abuses, having done about 20 now. Black/White are so similar to Gen IV abuses, which I have already been used to, and now that I'm hitting my delay's a lot more consistently I'm REALLY enjoying myself with it... and now that I've discovered just how easy Entre Link is to abuse in B2/W2, I've done about a dozen abuses between last night and this morning... But still have a few left on B2 (including my Gothorita, which I am holding off on for now because I don't know what Nature I want, and what Hidden Power I want it to have... I don't aim for perfect spreads, I aim for spreads to give a specific HP at power of 70, even if it's a Pokemon that I don't intend to teach HP to, it's just my personal style... I want to make sure I know what for sure my Gothoria will be since it's male and hence can't breed for it's hidden ability)... Then it's onto my W2 game, which has over a dozen Pokemon waiting to RNG.

I've started looking at how I want to lay out my shop, and looked at the templates on the CSS help thread. I think to start off I will borrow one of the templates from there (Template 3 by Mia I think is my favorite so far) until I have some time to create a template all my own. Tonight I'm just trying to start to try to get organized.

My latest abuse of the day:
#147 Dratini ♀ (level 10)
OT: RINGO ♂ (Black 2, 53077/12320)
Lonely - Marvel Scale - 23/31/30/30/31/30 - Untrained
HP -- Fire / 70
Wrap - Leer - Thunder Wave - Water Pulse
Old January 8th, 2013, 10:43 AM
Griffinbane
I hate Smeargle.
Community Supporter

No gen 6 RNG... breeders, prepare your Ditto! :D

- - - -
Old January 8th, 2013, 10:47 AM
Cordelia
Banned

Nature: Sassy
It'll be a long, long time before that's even possible (6th gen RNG) D: So that'll make things much more interesting coming up this year.
Old January 8th, 2013, 02:33 PM
RingoH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac View Post
It'll be a long, long time before that's even possible (6th gen RNG) D: So that'll make things much more interesting coming up this year.
Well, I think it will not only be interesting, but in some ways "refreshing". I like strong Pokemon, but I find all the perfect Pokemon being offered a little intimidating, as well as a little less "personal". My RNG's are never perfect, although they all have around three 30 or 31 stats, and the rest usually above 20(although a few are close to perfect such as the Dratini I posted a few posts back or this Farfetch'd: http://www.pokecheck.org/?screenshot=3155002 ... HP = Ground / 70). I like the idea that there is no other Pokemon exactly like mine. Otherwise what use is there in having IV stats?

That all said (again... hahaha... One day I'll stop repeating my little quirks)...
I think people will take their perfect or near perfect Pokemon and transfer them over to Gen VI and breed using the traditional pre-RNG knowledge days of chain breeding. People will learn patience all over again. But we will find Pokemon being bred to have two three, or even four 30 or above stats, it just takes patience (and if the power items are still around in the next generation hopefully a little easier time)

I used to soft reset pretty much EVERYTHING. My level of patience from before RNG days is that I still have wondercards of the Crown Beasts on my HG or SS when I can finally find where my copies of both those games went to. At the time I got them from the delivery man right away on one game so I had them to use... but on my other game I left them waiting to be able to soft reset for high IV's (and never found the time to)... I never beat the Elite Four on my original copy of Platinum (but have Oak's letter and the membership card... still waiting)... all of this because I was still working on completing my personal "Gotta Catch 'em All" on my Gen III games. (And I'm currently working on trying to learn RNG on Gen III.... despite my new found love of Entra Link abuse). I recently went back to working on completing Colloseum so that I can earn my Ho-oh on it.... I have 8 shadow Pokemon I need to finish purifying... then I plan to back up my save data on my wii so that I can "sort of" soft-reset in a way for a decent Ho-oh.

Breeding has always and probably WILL ALWAYS be my favorite part of the game. I don't battle, so most of my Pokemon have rather quirky move sets too... One of my favorites was a Smeargel that I taugh Wish / Blast Burn / Plant Frenzy / Hydro Cannon.... YES, I REALLY am THAT weird! (and YES, I know that is an odd one, since the three tutor moves exclusive the starter families can't be used to breed as egg moves onto anything)...

My other favorite (in fact my pride and joy, due in part to the sheer number of eggs I hatched to make this one, is a Chancey I bred (with my favorite move in the game, Metronome... it's just too darn fun to not know what you'll get... and Present... just too fun as well, especially I love the animation in Colloseum where a small present is hurled like a bomb).

I'm so glad that I cloned this on my Emerald before sending it to the Pal Park. I need to rename it something better on Emerald, and I want a few ribbons on it, including the ribbon for defeating the Mt. Battle on Colloseum. Here I present my Chancey, "Dark" (Yeah I said she needs a better name... the name was a reminder to myself of her Hidden Power): http://www.pokecheck.org/?screenshot=2952292&la

I had a Ditto with perfect Speed, and another with perfect Attack(and a third with perfect defense). I chain bred a Chancey with both perfect Speed and Perfect attack with these. THEN, I bred the moves I needed to breed as egg moves onto a Snubbull that would be my father. I continued to breed Snubulls with the Ditto's until I had one with perfect IV's in both Attack and Defense, as well as my desired egg moves. I made the mistake at first of keeping my Pokemon in the day care so long that the moves on my Snubull got erased due to level up moves over writing them.... but I ended up with a female Snubull with perfect IV's in Attack and Defense, and a Male with the egg moves I needed (the male I leveled up by battleing until I was sure it would be ok to leave in the day care for the long haul). Lastly, I took the Chansey and my Snubull left them in the day care, and kept hatching eggs over and over, and bringing the hatched Pokemon to the IV estimater guy in the Battle Frontier. Eventually I hatched the one I wanted (and I have a box or two full of unhatched Snubull and Chansey eggs on my Emerald).

Yes, it is tedius. Yes, even without RNGing I could have probably taken a few shortcuts. But it was fun, and it's still appealing (although since learning to RNG, admittedly a little less appealing).

So that's the future I see on Gen VI until it is learned how to abuse it. I am assuming that Game Freak follows in some way the work that has been done by the fan community to crack the games so far, and will make it harder on us. But hopefully, Pokecheck will be updated easily enough quick enough to help keep hacks out of the trading pool. I forsee that some of us will have a fun (although tiresome) time of breeding, but all of us will be faced with potentially worse hacks creeping our way in the wake of fewer perfect and near perfect Pokemon.

Only time will tell.
Old January 10th, 2013, 06:04 PM
roosterman
Freaking annoying!

my game was starting to feel like a battle simulator since i would do things like when i was pressed for time, i would have to hack for the hold item i needed for a team with my excuse being that i had it in gen 4. this gen, i'm forced to get my items in a legit way. thats probably a good thing.

pokemon black 2 friend code: 1979 8164 1100
my best battle video: 72-38989-76548. tell me your thoughts!
"Believe it or not, angels crap much more than other beings. Ever wonder why the phrase "holy crap" is so popular?" -macomuu
Old January 14th, 2013, 08:43 AM
Cordelia
Banned

So guys, now that the first official Trade Corner challenge is over -- would you like to see more? I've decided to open them up for IV Breeders as well. NecrumWarrior participated and it was great fun. :3
Old January 14th, 2013, 09:01 AM
tabor62
PONPONPON
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac View Post
So guys, now that the first official Trade Corner challenge is over -- would you like to see more? I've decided to open them up for IV Breeders as well. NecrumWarrior participated and it was great fun. :3
I would definitely like to see more challenges. It gives me a reason to go RNG Pokemon

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here

Ever wonder what goes through my head as I breed Pokemon? Want to see all the steps and pains I take to provide Pokemon for all of you? Well clicky clicky [here].
Old January 14th, 2013, 09:08 AM
Griffinbane
I hate Smeargle.
Community Supporter

YES DAMNIT us breeders need some love!

- - - -
Old January 14th, 2013, 11:48 AM
Cordelia
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffinbane View Post
YES DAMNIT us breeders need some love!
Shut up. You can RNG abuse.
Old January 14th, 2013, 11:57 AM
Griffinbane
I hate Smeargle.
Community Supporter

I know I can. I choose not to. Cuz I'm lazy.

- - - -
Old January 14th, 2013, 11:59 AM
Cordelia
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffinbane View Post
I know I can. I choose not to. Cuz I'm lazy.
THEN DO IT! I will be so proud of you.
Old January 14th, 2013, 12:29 PM
Absol
Community Supporter

Yes, more challenges means more emblems!! :D
Old January 14th, 2013, 12:31 PM
Cordelia
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iloveeevee View Post
Yes, more challenges means more emblems!! :D
Lol, the admins are gonna hate us D:
Old January 14th, 2013, 01:42 PM
Griffinbane
I hate Smeargle.
Community Supporter

#tradecorner regs are emblem lovers.

- - - -
Old January 14th, 2013, 03:26 PM
Absol
Community Supporter

We do love our emblems. ;)
Old January 14th, 2013, 05:31 PM
Tman109ner

Emblems?!? Bring on the hoard!!! Besides, I think the challenges will actually get us motivated to get out there and RNG a little more for people who are lacking in motivation.

Check Out My RP: Revolution
Credit to PopPrincess_Lyra over on Serebii for the banner.
Old January 15th, 2013, 05:27 PM
Musica
PPPPPDPPPPP

Hello again, everyone. I know I should have stuck around more before (and I even had the guts to open a trade shop!). Work was just too busy and.. and.. and... I haven't got time to play much. I've been itching to play all the way from scratch on my Emerald, SoulSilver, Black, and White 2. I just couldn't find more time to play. I miss PC and miss all the people here. D:
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here