The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Trade Corner

Notices

Trade Corner Having trouble completing your Pokédex? Looking for a certain Pokémon or have a rare one to offer? This is your forum. Everything related to wireless trades can be discussed here.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 4th, 2013, 07:23 PM
Cerberus87
Mega Houndoom, baby!

Nature: Lonely
This is general and about trade, so I'm putting it here.

Has Gamefreak implemented some safe way of doing trade evolutions? This was one of the things I hated the most since the original games. But back when it was done via link cable, it was somewhat safe because you would only do it with a friend, who would return your Pokémon afterwards.

Nowadays, however, we have the GTS. If you need a quick trade to evolve your Pokémon, and you have no available trustworthy people, what can you do? This is what's hindering me from buying the actual carts instead of a flashcart, because I love a lot of the Pokémon that evolve via trade, but trading with anyone you find runs a high risk of losing your Pokémon.

Also, do people still trade in 4th gen?

Gamefreak, if you ever read this, I want to know why you troll Pidgeot. Talonflame has Gale Wings, Staraptor has good stats and Close Combat, Swellow has Guts, even freaking Fearow has Drill Run. And you troll Pidgeot with Big Pecks, Hurricane, and 10 measly base Speed points. Why, Gamefreak? Is the original bird not good enough for you?
Old February 4th, 2013, 07:31 PM
Jak
greatest of heroes

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Nowadays, however, we have the GTS. If you need a quick trade to evolve your Pokémon, and you have no available trustworthy people, what can you do? This is what's hindering me from buying the actual carts instead of a flashcart, because I love a lot of the Pokémon that evolve via trade, but trading with anyone you find runs a high risk of losing your Pokémon.
You could ask a reputable trader if they'd help you with it. I've seen people negotiate it in #tradecorner before. Some people post in the Quick Trade Thread for it, but idk, not always can random traders be trustworthy. Most people with trade shops are good candidates.

And yes, some people still do 4th gen trades.

Fouetté | Rygarde | Déesse | Parfum | Pamplemousse
pairs | super mod of challenges | avatar by kaori

alli: i don't feel like being the big bad bottle of orange juice today
Necrum: Is that a reference to your Smod color? lol
alli: yes
Old February 4th, 2013, 07:44 PM
roosterman
Freaking annoying!

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musica View Post
Lemme try pairing up with you Griffy <3
aw, but i still need a partner... anyone else still need one?

pokemon black 2 friend code: 1979 8164 1100
my best battle video: 72-38989-76548. tell me your thoughts!
"Believe it or not, angels crap much more than other beings. Ever wonder why the phrase "holy crap" is so popular?" -macomuu
Old February 4th, 2013, 09:42 PM
tabor62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
You could ask a reputable trader if they'd help you with it. I've seen people negotiate it in #tradecorner before. Some people post in the Quick Trade Thread for it, but idk, not always can random traders be trustworthy. Most people with trade shops are good candidates.

And yes, some people still do 4th gen trades.
Actually with trade backs I'd only trust people with an established reputation here. Not all people with trade shops are honest.

Old February 5th, 2013, 05:24 AM
Griffinbane
FEAR THE PILOSWINE

Nature: Lax
Does putting something on GTS then taking it back still work?

White: 1463 5558 5309
X: 2208 5685 5454
- - - -
Old February 5th, 2013, 06:43 AM
tabor62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffinbane View Post
Does putting something on GTS then taking it back still work?
I don't think that works anymore for the Gen V games. I could be wrong though.

Old February 5th, 2013, 11:02 AM
DebbieChicharito
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Modest
I hate the fact that GTS hasn't dealt with the people that are still asking for legendary pokemon Level 9 and under
Old February 5th, 2013, 11:41 AM
lineofdeath
...overuser of the ellipsis...

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Skype™ to lineofdeath
On the subject of the gts, I typed a random fc, then wint to the wi fi room, then they traded me legit shinys, then got annoyed and started putting sad faces.

peace is key...

hey guys... check my trading shop...
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=305409
..........................................................................................................................................they call me red.http://www.pokecommunity.com/signatu...ic362557_3.gif
Old February 5th, 2013, 03:18 PM
tabor62

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieChicharito View Post
I hate the fact that GTS hasn't dealt with the people that are still asking for legendary pokemon Level 9 and under
There isn't really much they can do about it other than making it so that certain Pokemon can only asked for or traded at a certain level. That takes more work and we all know no one likes to work well, most people at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lineofdeath View Post
On the subject of the gts, I typed a random fc, then wint to the wi fi room, then they traded me legit shinys, then got annoyed and started putting sad faces.
I don't really get what you mean, how does a friend code and the Wi-Fi room pertain to the GTS?

Old February 5th, 2013, 07:26 PM
roosterman
Freaking annoying!

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by lineofdeath View Post
wow, thats like the most unlikely thing i've ever heard of. pretty sweet!

come on guuuuyssss, roosterman need a partner too.

pokemon black 2 friend code: 1979 8164 1100
my best battle video: 72-38989-76548. tell me your thoughts!
"Believe it or not, angels crap much more than other beings. Ever wonder why the phrase "holy crap" is so popular?" -macomuu

Last edited by roosterman; February 9th, 2013 at 02:47 PM.
Old February 10th, 2013, 04:04 PM
Musica
PPPPPDPPPPP

Trade Corner Daily Chit-Chat: Brag Edition!
Finally had this! I restarted SoulSilver just for yewwww.

Old February 12th, 2013, 08:35 AM
Vader
League Champion

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Vader
Oh Trade Corner how I missed thee! Too bad my internet is still WPA and I still don't have BW2. ;-;
Old February 12th, 2013, 08:48 AM
Cordelia
LIMITLESS

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livewire View Post
Oh Trade Corner how I missed thee! Too bad my internet is still WPA and I still don't have BW2.
Use your 3DS to trade -- that's what I do and I'm on WPA2. I RNG on my Lite.

Seraph Robe

Elixir

House of Ylisse

Loyalty, Strength, Honor.

Old February 12th, 2013, 11:25 AM
masaru3
Chespin, I choose you!

I'd love a partner to participate in this challenge, but I can't find a sweetheart *forever alone*
Black 2:
5244 5521 1042
◄ Masaru's Dream World Shop ►
Old February 14th, 2013, 04:20 AM
RingoH

[QUOTE=tabor62;7525236]There isn't really much they can do about it other than making it so that certain Pokemon can only asked for or traded at a certain level. That takes more work and we all know no one likes to work well, most people at least.

/QUOTE]

I think here it's mostly that the extra work won't equal extra money. People don't pay to use the GTS, so this flaw in it's design (which should have been percieved by Nintendo/GameFreak before release... *sigh*) is something that we all just have to deal with. I am guessing that a lot of those requests for low level Lengedary's are just kids that don't know better and have no clue that if they get what they are asking for it will be a hack.
Old February 14th, 2013, 06:40 AM
tabor62

Quote:
Originally Posted by RingoH View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabor62 View Post
There isn't really much they can do about it other than making it so that certain Pokemon can only asked for or traded at a certain level. That takes more work and we all know no one likes to work well, most people at least.

I think here it's mostly that the extra work won't equal extra money. People don't pay to use the GTS, so this flaw in it's design (which should have been percieved by Nintendo/GameFreak before release... *sigh*) is something that we all just have to deal with. I am guessing that a lot of those requests for low level Lengedary's are just kids that don't know better and have no clue that if they get what they are asking for it will be a hack.
Or it's just a bunch of people trying to clone them via the GTS glitch.

Old February 14th, 2013, 07:07 AM
Cordelia
LIMITLESS

I think people just use it to try (and fail) to clone like Tabor said... or they just think they're showing off.

Seraph Robe

Elixir

House of Ylisse

Old February 15th, 2013, 11:14 AM
twistedpuppy
Siriusly Twisted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livewire View Post
Oh Trade Corner how I missed thee! Too bad my internet is still WPA and I still don't have BW2.
Oh Live, we have missed you too. Go do what Mac does and get your big ol' butt back here!
Old February 15th, 2013, 11:35 AM
Cordelia
LIMITLESS

Speaking of big ol' butts, welcome back to internet at home, Twisty!

Seraph Robe

Elixir

House of Ylisse

Old February 19th, 2013, 12:11 PM
Griffinbane
FEAR THE PILOSWINE

Nature: Lax
Both of you have big butts. Now get on chat.

White: 1463 5558 5309
X: 2208 5685 5454
- - - -
Old February 19th, 2013, 04:41 PM
twistedpuppy
Siriusly Twisted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac View Post
Speaking of big ol' butts, welcome back to internet at home, Twisty!
You think my butt looks big? D'aww! Thankies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffinbane View Post
Both of you have big butts. Now get on chat.
Mac and I are always out on chat. Live, however, needs to get his super butt on chat.

Question Time! What would you guys like to see more of in Trade Corner? Got any suggestions or ideas you'd like to share with Mac and I? Let us know!
Old February 19th, 2013, 06:39 PM
TheRabidWookiee
Unhatched Egg

Charmander, my most favorite Pokemon ever since red and blue. I am playing Black 2 currently and just completed my 5th gym battle ( about to do the 6th) I was wondering how to go about getting a charmander, I know I will have to go into the online trade thing and what not, but it wont let me search for certain letters.... I just really want a dadgum charmander... can anyone help me?
Old February 20th, 2013, 05:34 PM
twistedpuppy
Siriusly Twisted

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRabidWookiee View Post
Charmander, my most favorite Pokemon ever since red and blue. I am playing Black 2 currently and just completed my 5th gym battle ( about to do the 6th) I was wondering how to go about getting a charmander, I know I will have to go into the online trade thing and what not, but it wont let me search for certain letters.... I just really want a dadgum charmander... can anyone help me?
So I'm guessing you just tried the GTS (Global Trading Station) and you're wondering why you can't search for Charmander. Unfortunately, GTS search responses are determined by which Pokémon you have "seen" in your Pokédex. So if you've never come across a Charmander through battle or trade, you cannot request for one in the GTS. Messed up, right? Well luckily that's what this forum is for. If you head over to our Quick Trade Thread, located in Trade Shops sub-forum, you can make your own request for a whichever Pokémon you're in need of. If you make a reasonable offer in return for Charmander, another member will be happy enough to complete your trade. Good luck getting your Charmander!
Old February 20th, 2013, 11:26 PM
rebelxgirl

Hello. I'm new to the PokeCommunity & new to using the Ninetendo WFC (but not new to Pokemon). I'm looking to try out the GTS & Global Link, maybe do some minor trades to see how it works. I have Black, White, & just started Black 2.
Thank you!

School & stuff is eating away at my life. PM me if you're interested in trading.

I have a Rock type Friend Safari with Boldore, Corsola, & Barbacle. PM me to trade FCs.

Working on my Vivillon collection. Need: Sandstorm, Monsoon, & Savanna
Offering: High Plains (3), Polar (1), Continental (1), Marine (1), & (3) Elegant & unlimited [native] Modern, + all the starters. I have Pokerus if you need it.

I sincerely apologize to anyone I had a trade or something set up with. I got really bad sick in the middle of midterms so when I got better I had to bust butt for school. Please forgive me.
Old February 21st, 2013, 05:06 PM
tabor62

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelxgirl View Post
Hello. I'm new to the PokeCommunity & new to using the Ninetendo WFC (but not new to Pokemon). I'm looking to try out the GTS & Global Link, maybe do some minor trades to see how it works. I have Black, White, & just started Black 2.
Thank you!
A bit late, but welcome to PokeCommunity, and more specifically the Trade Corner. Though I would not recommend trading on the GTS, whether the normal one or negotiations. They often ask for unreasonable Pokemon (lvl 9 and under Arceus etc.) or trade you hacked Pokemon. Trade here instead, we're better

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links