The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Trade Corner
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Trade Corner Having trouble completing your Pokédex? Looking for a certain Pokémon or have a rare one to offer? This is your forum. Everything related to wireless trades can be discussed here.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #1126    
Old May 18th, 2013, 05:19 AM
Cordelia
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Nature: Sassy
Unfortunately, GTS Negotiations are not the best way to go to trade. It's best to go through the QTT or people's shops if you want to trade.
  #1127    
Old May 18th, 2013, 05:57 AM
Sabrewulf238's Avatar
Sabrewulf238
 
Join Date: May 2008
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac View Post
Unfortunately, GTS Negotiations are not the best way to go to trade. It's best to go through the QTT or people's shops if you want to trade.
It's a shame, it sounds so promising to be able to go into a GTS negotiation and get pokemon you haven't seen in your pokedex. It sounds more convenient than it actually is....
__________________
Looking for X & Y friends, friend code is: 2964-8571-0102
Send me a pm if you add me.
  #1128    
Old May 18th, 2013, 05:58 AM
Cordelia
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Nature: Sassy
Unfortunately, the idea never really matches the reality.
  #1129    
Old May 19th, 2013, 08:02 AM
Wilhelm's Avatar
Wilhelm
Hail the Almighty Robot Policeman
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Portland, OR
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Unfortunately there's no effective way to communicate with whoever you may wind up with in GTS communications, so using it to find Pokemon you haven't seen yet is really hard. About a year ago, before I joined PC, I needed to find a Vullaby, as it was the last Pokemon family to be seen in my White Version. But it is absolutely nowhere to be found in game. I took to GTS Negotiations and tried EVERYTHING I could think of to let them know that I really needed a Vullaby/Mandibuzz. I tried offering Braviary and spamming the ! button, I tried altering the in game greet to read something like "I want Black Bird" though I don't think that was what I actually said, it wasn't that obvious. I just could not get what I needed. So ultimately, GTS Negotiations isn't what it should be.
__________________
  #1130    
Old May 20th, 2013, 04:34 PM
greg0915's Avatar
greg0915
Tomorrow is a new day
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: England
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Ok hey everyone! I'm back again =P but this time I'm seriously thinking about staying for a while and opening up a new shop! I have a few new ideas that I'd like to try.
Anyone able to tutor me for a refresher on 4th/5th Gen RNG? I've forgotten so much >.<
__________________
  #1131    
Old May 20th, 2013, 04:47 PM
tabor62's Avatar
tabor62
PONPONPON
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: In the Sun
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg0915 View Post
Ok hey everyone! I'm back again =P but this time I'm seriously thinking about staying for a while and opening up a new shop! I have a few new ideas that I'd like to try.
Anyone able to tutor me for a refresher on 4th/5th Gen RNG? I've forgotten so much >.<
Hey Greg, great to see you are coming back to TC :D I can help you out with BW Breeding, but that's about it. I was too lazy to learn anything else haha. Swing by chat and the rest of us can help you hook up ;) Also mac will be happy to know you're back obviously o 3o (Though he isn't on IRC at the moment :/ )

Clicky clicky :D
__________________
Moderator of Trade Corner
PM me | VM me
My Pair

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here



Ever wonder what goes through my head as I breed Pokemon? Want to see all the steps and pains I take to provide Pokemon for all of you? Well clicky clicky [here].
  #1132    
Old May 20th, 2013, 04:51 PM
Wilhelm's Avatar
Wilhelm
Hail the Almighty Robot Policeman
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Portland, OR
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg0915 View Post
Ok hey everyone! I'm back again =P but this time I'm seriously thinking about staying for a while and opening up a new shop! I have a few new ideas that I'd like to try.
Anyone able to tutor me for a refresher on 4th/5th Gen RNG? I've forgotten so much >.<
Welcome back, even though I never knew you while you were here. I personally do not RNG, so I can't help you there, but I'm sure someone will. Everyone seems so helpful around these parts.
__________________
  #1133    
Old May 20th, 2013, 08:00 PM
이큐리's Avatar
이큐리
#nofilter
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 이큐리왕국
Gender: Female
Nature: Impish
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg0915 View Post
Ok hey everyone! I'm back again =P but this time I'm seriously thinking about staying for a while and opening up a new shop! I have a few new ideas that I'd like to try.
Anyone able to tutor me for a refresher on 4th/5th Gen RNG? I've forgotten so much >.<
Omo..GREG!!!!
I'm back too! :D Nice to see you. :B
__________________
  #1134    
Old May 21st, 2013, 04:22 AM
greg0915's Avatar
greg0915
Tomorrow is a new day
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: England
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabor62 View Post
Hey Greg, great to see you are coming back to TC :D I can help you out with BW Breeding, but that's about it. I was too lazy to learn anything else haha. Swing by chat and the rest of us can help you hook up Also mac will be happy to know you're back obviously o 3o (Though he isn't on IRC at the moment :/ )

Clicky clicky :D
Hey I'll pop round sometime, I look forward to catching up with everyone and meeting the new folk


Quote:
Originally Posted by NecrumWarrior View Post
Welcome back, even though I never knew you while you were here. I personally do not RNG, so I can't help you there, but I'm sure someone will. Everyone seems so helpful around these parts.
Thanks! Nice to meet you. It's great to see new faces, helps to keep everything fresh


Quote:
Originally Posted by miakalina View Post
Omo..GREG!!!!
I'm back too! :D Nice to see you. :B
MIAAA...!!! Great to see you! It's been probably a year sinse I did any CSS or RNG'ing, It'll be like learning it all again >.< noob mk2
__________________
  #1135    
Old May 21st, 2013, 05:38 AM
Cordelia
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Nature: Sassy
Haha, welcome back Greg. I haven't rng'd in forever myself :D So don't worry about it. I'm glad you're interested in coming back though!
  #1136    
Old May 23rd, 2013, 06:03 PM
rebelxgirl's Avatar
rebelxgirl
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: United States
Gender: Female
Nature: Timid
I was about to make a trade with someone on Tumblr for a 3rd gen shiny starter for giveaway on my Black 2 & I went back to the post to get their FC & they're hacks. This person already seems to have an attitude so I'm going to try to back out of this gracefully without being rude but nobody wants hacks for trade & I guess if I breed it the offspring would be a hack too & I don't want to trade someone a hacked Pokemon.
__________________

Don't kill me if I disappear in a trade, I work in public safety, sometimes stuff happens. I'll be back.
I have a Rock type Friend Safari with Boldore, Corsola, & Barbacle. PM me to trade FCs.

Have a few legendaries & some rare Pokemon to complete my National dex. Clones or touch trades would be great. If we do touch trades, I do have some legendaries for touch trade only. Help is appreciated.
  #1137    
Old May 23rd, 2013, 08:02 PM
Cordelia
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Nature: Sassy
Sadly, they're are a lot of hacks out there. I'm glad you caught it though and didn't lose anything.
  #1138    
Old May 23rd, 2013, 08:11 PM
tabor62's Avatar
tabor62
PONPONPON
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: In the Sun
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
I can't speak for other people, but as long as the Pokemon bred does not inherit anything that would make it a hack (weird moves, abliities, etc.), it's A-Okay in my book. The parent is a whole different matter of course.
__________________
Moderator of Trade Corner
PM me | VM me
My Pair

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here



Ever wonder what goes through my head as I breed Pokemon? Want to see all the steps and pains I take to provide Pokemon for all of you? Well clicky clicky [here].
  #1139    
Old May 23rd, 2013, 08:18 PM
rebelxgirl's Avatar
rebelxgirl
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: United States
Gender: Female
Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac View Post
Sadly, they're are a lot of hacks out there. I'm glad you caught it though and didn't lose anything.
I went ahead & traded for it. But it was a giveaway so I just traded them a regular old Spoink for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabor62 View Post
I can't speak for other people, but as long as the Pokemon bred does not inherit anything that would make it a hack (weird moves, abliities, etc.), it's A-Okay in my book. The parent is a whole different matter of course.
I'm not familiar with how to hack check things. When I can I'll try breeding it to see if it comes out with anything funky, but I also don't know what's considered weird though either lol.

If nothing else, I'll get the dex entry out of it.
__________________

Don't kill me if I disappear in a trade, I work in public safety, sometimes stuff happens. I'll be back.
I have a Rock type Friend Safari with Boldore, Corsola, & Barbacle. PM me to trade FCs.

Have a few legendaries & some rare Pokemon to complete my National dex. Clones or touch trades would be great. If we do touch trades, I do have some legendaries for touch trade only. Help is appreciated.
  #1140    
Old May 23rd, 2013, 11:25 PM
johnny18's Avatar
johnny18
Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: California
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelxgirl View Post
I was about to make a trade with someone on Tumblr for a 3rd gen shiny starter for giveaway on my Black 2 & I went back to the post to get their FC & they're hacks. This person already seems to have an attitude so I'm going to try to back out of this gracefully without being rude but nobody wants hacks for trade & I guess if I breed it the offspring would be a hack too & I don't want to trade someone a hacked Pokemon.
If you want to, you can post on my thread and I will breed that shiny starter for you
As for the hack, release it would be a best idea.
__________________
  #1141    
Old May 24th, 2013, 05:45 AM
tabor62's Avatar
tabor62
PONPONPON
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: In the Sun
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelxgirl View Post
I went ahead & traded for it. But it was a giveaway so I just traded them a regular old Spoink for it.


I'm not familiar with how to hack check things. When I can I'll try breeding it to see if it comes out with anything funky, but I also don't know what's considered weird though either lol.

If nothing else, I'll get the dex entry out of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny18 View Post
If you want to, you can post on my thread and I will breed that shiny starter for you :)
As for the hack, release it would be a best idea.
Don't delete it, if possible, upload it to Pokecheck and post the legality analysis in the Hack Report so I can black list it. Or if you can't, trade it to me and I'll do it for you.
__________________
Moderator of Trade Corner
PM me | VM me
My Pair

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here



Ever wonder what goes through my head as I breed Pokemon? Want to see all the steps and pains I take to provide Pokemon for all of you? Well clicky clicky [here].
  #1142    
Old May 24th, 2013, 10:24 AM
rebelxgirl's Avatar
rebelxgirl
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: United States
Gender: Female
Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny18 View Post
If you want to, you can post on my thread and I will breed that shiny starter for you
As for the hack, release it would be a best idea.
I don't want to release it just yet. I'm not going to trade it to anybody or anything though.
And okay, shinyness isn't a requirement for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabor62 View Post
Don't delete it, if possible, upload it to Pokecheck and post the legality analysis in the Hack Report so I can black list it. Or if you can't, trade it to me and I'll do it for you.
Um, ok lol. I will get on my computer & see about that.

It's a Mudkip, by the way. In case anybody was wondering.
__________________

Don't kill me if I disappear in a trade, I work in public safety, sometimes stuff happens. I'll be back.
I have a Rock type Friend Safari with Boldore, Corsola, & Barbacle. PM me to trade FCs.

Have a few legendaries & some rare Pokemon to complete my National dex. Clones or touch trades would be great. If we do touch trades, I do have some legendaries for touch trade only. Help is appreciated.
  #1143    
Old May 24th, 2013, 01:00 PM
Wilhelm's Avatar
Wilhelm
Hail the Almighty Robot Policeman
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Portland, OR
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Just finished my Unova Dex! Getting ever closer to a complete National Dex. retinaburn was a big help! I recommend anyone who wants to build their Pokedex go check it out.
__________________
  #1144    
Old May 24th, 2013, 09:47 PM
rebelxgirl's Avatar
rebelxgirl
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: United States
Gender: Female
Nature: Timid
I tried out GTS negotiations tonight... NOT A FAN. Just saying.
__________________

Don't kill me if I disappear in a trade, I work in public safety, sometimes stuff happens. I'll be back.
I have a Rock type Friend Safari with Boldore, Corsola, & Barbacle. PM me to trade FCs.

Have a few legendaries & some rare Pokemon to complete my National dex. Clones or touch trades would be great. If we do touch trades, I do have some legendaries for touch trade only. Help is appreciated.
  #1145    
Old May 24th, 2013, 10:11 PM
tabor62's Avatar
tabor62
PONPONPON
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: In the Sun
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelxgirl View Post
I tried out GTS negotiations tonight... NOT A FAN. Just saying. :)
Yeah, it's not really a good place to be to be honest. People can be unreasonable and I have friends who have received hacks off of it.
__________________
Moderator of Trade Corner
PM me | VM me
My Pair

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here



Ever wonder what goes through my head as I breed Pokemon? Want to see all the steps and pains I take to provide Pokemon for all of you? Well clicky clicky [here].
  #1146    
Old May 24th, 2013, 10:54 PM
rebelxgirl's Avatar
rebelxgirl
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: United States
Gender: Female
Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabor62 View Post
Yeah, it's not really a good place to be to be honest. People can be unreasonable and I have friends who have received hacks off of it.
I set my stuff to level 1-49, cute so I could trade some of the Spoinks, Buneary, Gothita, & Magby to people. I get people putting up level 50+ legendaries, or level 1 previous gen pokemon & kept sending unhappy faces repeatedly. Come on now people. And the one time I didn't put Magby up, I traded a Gothita for a Asian Magby.
If I was a [insert expletive here], I would pawn that hack off but I'm not like that. But these people are absolutely ridiculous. Get real people. GAH. lol
__________________

Don't kill me if I disappear in a trade, I work in public safety, sometimes stuff happens. I'll be back.
I have a Rock type Friend Safari with Boldore, Corsola, & Barbacle. PM me to trade FCs.

Have a few legendaries & some rare Pokemon to complete my National dex. Clones or touch trades would be great. If we do touch trades, I do have some legendaries for touch trade only. Help is appreciated.
  #1147    
Old May 24th, 2013, 11:49 PM
tabor62's Avatar
tabor62
PONPONPON
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: In the Sun
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelxgirl View Post
I set my stuff to level 1-49, cute so I could trade some of the Spoinks, Buneary, Gothita, & Magby to people. I get people putting up level 50+ legendaries, or level 1 previous gen pokemon & kept sending unhappy faces repeatedly. Come on now people. And the one time I didn't put Magby up, I traded a Gothita for a Asian Magby. -_-
If I was a [insert expletive here], I would pawn that hack off but I'm not like that. But these people are absolutely ridiculous. Get real people. GAH. lol
While it's silly that they are trading outside of "level 1-49 cute Pokemon", that's what most people trade online these days. I've seen people complaining about how people don't trade "normal" Pokemon as often anymore. What those people need, is to discover PC (and then make TC even more lively > 3<)
__________________
Moderator of Trade Corner
PM me | VM me
My Pair

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here



Ever wonder what goes through my head as I breed Pokemon? Want to see all the steps and pains I take to provide Pokemon for all of you? Well clicky clicky [here].
  #1148    
Old May 25th, 2013, 07:25 AM
rebelxgirl's Avatar
rebelxgirl
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: United States
Gender: Female
Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabor62 View Post
While it's silly that they are trading outside of "level 1-49 cute Pokemon", that's what most people trade online these days. I've seen people complaining about how people don't trade "normal" Pokemon as often anymore. What those people need, is to discover PC (and then make TC even more lively > 3<)
Yes, they should join PC! I've referred a few people on Tumblr to here when they can't find Pokemon they need. But GTS, there was a few pokemon like Swablu or Drowzee, which I don't have, that were reasonable levels but apparently I don't have any amazing Pokemon because I kept getting repeated unhappy faces & then my connection would mysteriously get lost. I had a few people accept the trade, start it, then back out or lose the connection. If they'd come to places like the TC here, they could talk about it.
__________________

Don't kill me if I disappear in a trade, I work in public safety, sometimes stuff happens. I'll be back.
I have a Rock type Friend Safari with Boldore, Corsola, & Barbacle. PM me to trade FCs.

Have a few legendaries & some rare Pokemon to complete my National dex. Clones or touch trades would be great. If we do touch trades, I do have some legendaries for touch trade only. Help is appreciated.
  #1149    
Old May 25th, 2013, 08:29 AM
Wilhelm's Avatar
Wilhelm
Hail the Almighty Robot Policeman
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Portland, OR
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Yeah, the GTS negotiations tool is extremely flawed in that you really can't communicate effectively. I tried everything to get what I needed on GTSN and still never got it. PC is pretty much the best option for anything you need, short of trading someone directly. Of course, regular GTS isn't horrible as long as you've seen the Pokemon you're looking for at some point.
__________________
  #1150    
Old May 25th, 2013, 08:36 AM
rebelxgirl's Avatar
rebelxgirl
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: United States
Gender: Female
Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecrumWarrior View Post
Yeah, the GTS negotiations tool is extremely flawed in that you really can't communicate effectively. I tried everything to get what I needed on GTSN and still never got it. PC is pretty much the best option for anything you need, short of trading someone directly. Of course, regular GTS isn't horrible as long as you've seen the Pokemon you're looking for at some point.
I did just get a Solosis I need to help me complete my dex. Not bad.
__________________

Don't kill me if I disappear in a trade, I work in public safety, sometimes stuff happens. I'll be back.
I have a Rock type Friend Safari with Boldore, Corsola, & Barbacle. PM me to trade FCs.

Have a few legendaries & some rare Pokemon to complete my National dex. Clones or touch trades would be great. If we do touch trades, I do have some legendaries for touch trade only. Help is appreciated.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 07:55 AM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.