Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Trade Corner
Notices

Trade Corner Having trouble completing your Pokédex? Looking for a certain Pokémon or have a rare one to offer? This is your forum. Everything related to wireless trades can be discussed here.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 8th, 2013, 09:11 AM
greg0915
Tomorrow is a new day
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly

Advertise here
Ok hey guys i'm apologizing in advance for the questions i'm about to ask because i'm sure you've all heard them before.

1) How easy/ What's it like to RNG on B2/W2? I've only just seen all the legendaries available.

2) If I hack an item to unlock an event does that make the event pokemon hacked?

3) If I use walk through walks hack to get to an Event does that make it hacked?
Old August 8th, 2013, 09:38 AM
Outnumbered
This is a Sailor's Prayer
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Outnumbered
1.) Not sure, I can't RNG myself

2.) Yes that makes it a hack

3.) I don't think people could prove otherwise, but I might be wrong on this.

As long as these struggles are aimless, we will all be standing still.
Trade Thread3DS FCPair
Old August 8th, 2013, 09:47 AM
Cordelia
Banned

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg0915 View Post
Ok hey guys i'm apologizing in advance for the questions i'm about to ask because i'm sure you've all heard them before.

1) How easy/ What's it like to RNG on B2/W2? I've only just seen all the legendaries available.

2) If I hack an item to unlock an event does that make the event pokemon hacked?

3) If I use walk through walks hack to get to an Event does that make it hacked?
1. It's a bit more difficult and you can't breed. But it's not too bad as long as you have a Lite/Phat. There are more timer0s.

2. Hack

3. Hack
Old August 8th, 2013, 10:12 AM
greg0915
Tomorrow is a new day
Community Supporter

Ok thanks for the info, I wanted to check before I did anything I might invest in B2/W2
Old August 8th, 2013, 10:23 AM
Absol
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg0915 View Post

1. RNGing on B2W2 is the exact same as RNGing on BW except it's a little bit trollier on the timer0's. Just takes a little more patience to hit your seed as compared to BW, but not too bad overall.

2. & 3. If you hack in an item or hack to obtain the event then the Pokemon you obtain will be considered hacked. Sorry :/

Hope this answers your questions >.<
Old August 12th, 2013, 06:21 AM
Artonkn
Sup.
Community Supporter Tier 1

What's up, I haven't played in ages, however I am looking into buying X/Y, so I assumed this would possibly be the best place for my question, maybe.

I stopped playing with HG/SS, all my Pokemon are all on there atm, if I buy X/Y I will obviously be wanting to transfer them over, however to do this will I need 2 (3)DS's? Will I need B2/W2 or will I be able to go straight from HG/SS > X/Y? If I can't meet the requirements, is it possible to trade them to someone, they transfer them, then trade back to me, that would work right?
Old August 12th, 2013, 06:37 AM
Kevan
Pokemon Team Analyst

Pokemon X/Y will only be able to trade with Pokemon Black 2/ White 2, So trading could be done between two 3DS's or a 3DS and DS/DS Lite/Dsi/Dsi XL will also work although if you don't already have another 3DS or DS then trading with another person from your HG/SS to their Pokemon Black 2/White 2 and then back to your Pokemon X/Y would work.
Pokemon Friend Codes
--------------------------
Pokemon Black - 4385 3873 7834

Old August 12th, 2013, 07:36 AM
Fiery Dash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artonkn View Post
What's up, I haven't played in ages, however I am looking into buying X/Y, so I assumed this would possibly be the best place for my question, maybe.

I stopped playing with HG/SS, all my Pokemon are all on there atm, if I buy X/Y I will obviously be wanting to transfer them over, however to do this will I need 2 (3)DS's? Will I need B2/W2 or will I be able to go straight from HG/SS > X/Y? If I can't meet the requirements, is it possible to trade them to someone, they transfer them, then trade back to me, that would work right?
There's no official answer for your question... Yet!
Though it is is likely and speculated that,
to get '< Generation V' Pokemon to Generation VI,
one must first transfer them through Generation V games with Poké Transfer.
Generation V are consisted with these following games:
  • Pokemon Black Version
  • Pokemon White Version
  • Pokemon Black Version 2
  • Pokemon White Version 2
Old August 12th, 2013, 07:39 AM
Artonkn
Sup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiery Dash View Post
There's no official answer for your question... Yet!
Though it is is likely and speculated that,
to get '< Generation V' Pokemon to Generation VI,
one must first transfer them through Generation V games with Poké Transfer.
Generation V are consisted with these following games:
  • Pokemon Black Version
  • Pokemon White Version
  • Pokemon Black Version 2
  • Pokemon White Version 2
And that requires multiple systems?
Old August 12th, 2013, 07:43 AM
Kevan
Pokemon Team Analyst

Yes, That would require multiple systems as both games have to be being played at the same time to trade between the two.
Pokemon Friend Codes
--------------------------
Pokemon Black - 4385 3873 7834

Old August 12th, 2013, 08:07 AM
Fiery Dash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artonkn View Post
And that requires multiple systems?
If you are talking about migrating Pokemon from Generation IV games to Generation V.
The answer is yes, and it requires 2 Nintendo DS (and/or other redesigned game console like DSi, 3DS etc...works as well).
Note that the Generation V game should have completed the following:
  • Main story line (First credit roll)
  • Access to Unova's Route 15

Note for Generation IV game:
  • No Hold Items (items that were held will be send back to the bag automatically)
  • No Hidden Moves (Cut, Fly, Surf, Strength, Whirlpool, Waterfall, Rock Climb)
  • Eggs and Spiky-eared Pichu are banned from migrating.
  • Six Pokemon will be migrate at the same time, no more or less.
Old August 12th, 2013, 08:27 AM
Artonkn
Sup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiery Dash View Post
If you are talking about migrating Pokemon from Generation IV games to Generation V.
The answer is yes, and it requires 2 Nintendo DS (and/or other redesigned game console like DSi, 3DS etc...works as well).
Note that the Generation V game should have completed the following:
  • Main story line (First credit roll)
  • Access to Unova's Route 15

Note for Generation IV game:
  • No Hold Items (items that were held will be send back to the bag automatically)
  • No Hidden Moves (Cut, Fly, Surf, Strength, Whirlpool, Waterfall, Rock Climb)
  • Eggs and Spiky-eared Pichu are banned from migrating.
  • Six Pokemon will be migrate at the same time, no more or less.
Assuming I have no other DS or Games (Only HG/SS and X/Y) the only way I can do this is trading my Gen IV to another persons, they move to there X/Y (through B/W) and trade to me? Seems like it'll be a hastle, but if it's the only way, then it'll have to be done, thanks for the info.
Old August 18th, 2013, 05:54 AM
LukyCookie

Nature: Brave
Hi there! I just joined and i don't know where to post my trade offer. Can someone tell, please?
Old August 18th, 2013, 06:28 AM
Fiery Dash

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukyCookie View Post
Hi there! I just joined and i don't know where to post my trade offer. Can someone tell, please?
Hello there! Welcome to the forum!

This is Quick Trade Thread's page.
Please read the rules on the thread, because different sections have their different sets of rules!
Other than that, happy trading!
Old August 22nd, 2013, 04:55 AM
MrsGrizzley

I have a distinct feeling I'm going to regret the heck outta this...

There is soooo much in this area that I don't understand that I barely even know where to begin. I breed Pokemon 'cause it's fun for me, but I don't use *any* of the stuff that seems to be common around here... I rely on the IV Judge in Nimbasa (for Gen V) and at the Battle Tower place (HG/SS), 'cause I haven't gotten far enough into Platinum to unlock the IV Judge there... Mostly 'cause I keep getting distracted by my other games...

Could someone explain to be WHAT "RNG" is, anyway? I'm completely at a loss here and I don't even know if I have anything that anyone would be interesting in trading for...
Old August 22nd, 2013, 12:54 PM
Absol
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsGrizzley View Post
I have a distinct feeling I'm going to regret the heck outta this...

There is soooo much in this area that I don't understand that I barely even know where to begin. I breed Pokemon 'cause it's fun for me, but I don't use *any* of the stuff that seems to be common around here... I rely on the IV Judge in Nimbasa (for Gen V) and at the Battle Tower place (HG/SS), 'cause I haven't gotten far enough into Platinum to unlock the IV Judge there... Mostly 'cause I keep getting distracted by my other games...

Could someone explain to be WHAT "RNG" is, anyway? I'm completely at a loss here and I don't even know if I have anything that anyone would be interesting in trading for...
RNG is short for Random Number Generator and is what is responsible for how everything in the game is generated. The RNG in Pokemon games can be manipulated so you can obtain the exact Pokemon you want. More info can be found here in this thread. As for what others want when trading, you can browse through the shops to get a feel for what others have and want. Hope this answers your questions. :)
Old August 24th, 2013, 06:00 PM
AnonygooseD
Lametrainer

Can someone link me to the giveaway section, if any?
Old August 24th, 2013, 06:03 PM
tabor62
PONPONPON
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
We don't have a section specific for giveaways, but some threads are giving stuff out for free. You'll have to search a bit since I can't remember exactly which ones. (Me and my partner's shop is a good one hint hint)
Moderator of Trade Corner
PM me | VM me
My Pair

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here

Ever wonder what goes through my head as I breed Pokemon? Want to see all the steps and pains I take to provide Pokemon for all of you? Well clicky clicky [here].
Old August 24th, 2013, 06:26 PM
AnonygooseD
Lametrainer

Well you did say shop, I was looking forward to (possibly farmed) Torchic with a Blazikenite for nothing in return kind of giveaway, or just the item is enough...
The reason I'll have nothing is that Y will be my first ever legit Pokémon game, so yeah I'll have nothing, maybe the box exclusive? :/
Old August 24th, 2013, 06:32 PM
tabor62
PONPONPON
Community Supporter

What are you saying, shop owners can't hold giveaways in their shops? And that hasn't really come out yet, but there might be someone who will give it away sometime in the future.
PM me | VM me
My Pair

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here

Ever wonder what goes through my head as I breed Pokemon? Want to see all the steps and pains I take to provide Pokemon for all of you? Well clicky clicky [here].
Old August 24th, 2013, 07:05 PM
AnonygooseD
Lametrainer

Well of course you can make giveaways I was mostly JK BTW can you link me to your shop?
And yeah I can only hope someone ever does that... I was willing to make a post/thread here from now to reserve that farmed Torchic. I did in Reddit, but the thread was removed because of a rule that was just made after my thread, which now states that asking for event pokes in giveaways is not permitted poor me.
How will I ever get that Torchic now later? ^~^
Old August 24th, 2013, 07:12 PM
tabor62
PONPONPON
Community Supporter

The link titled "Splash of Colour" is my shop. But what do you mean thread? Just a thread asking for free Torchics? You can post about it in the Quick Trade Thread when the game arrives > 3<
PM me | VM me
My Pair

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here

Old August 24th, 2013, 07:26 PM
AnonygooseD
Lametrainer

Yeah thanks for that , I meant a thread at Reddit (or a submission like some may call it)...
What I wanted was a Blazikenite, which is an event item, to put on a Torchic in Y, I'll just have to wait or else make a post there now to make sure i reserve one...
Old August 24th, 2013, 07:28 PM
tabor62
PONPONPON
Community Supporter

If you make a post now it'll be deleted before release because we can't trade in Gen VI yet and we regularly clean out old posts anyways (October is quite some time from now you know >.<)
PM me | VM me
My Pair

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here

Old August 25th, 2013, 08:40 AM
AnonygooseD
Lametrainer

Okay would it be okay to make that post on the night of the 11th of October? Because as I said if someone is willing to give up his Blazikenite then I want to be the first to take it...
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here