Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Trade Corner
Notices

Trade Corner Having trouble completing your Pokédex? Looking for a certain Pokémon or have a rare one to offer? This is your forum. Everything related to wireless trades can be discussed here.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 23rd, 2013, 10:33 AM
Absol
Community Supporter

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0

Advertise here
IV breeding is making me really appreciate how easy RNG is in comparison. >.< Still working on getting a 31/x/31/31/31/31 Bold Eevee with Wish in a Premier Ball. Had to start completely from scratch and it sucks. D: But by horrible I mean the IV checker says they have terrible IVs or no 31's. All I care about is perfect IVs so I don't know exact IVs.
Old October 23rd, 2013, 10:46 AM
Ooka
<3
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Ooka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iloveeevee View Post
IV breeding is making me really appreciate how easy RNG is in comparison. >.< Still working on getting a 31/x/31/31/31/31 Bold Eevee with Wish in a Premier Ball. Had to start completely from scratch and it sucks. D: But by horrible I mean the IV checker says they have terrible IVs or no 31's. All I care about is perfect IVs so I don't know exact IVs.
Do you have a friend with a Ditto safari? If not I wouldn't mind sending you a couple good ones to help.

They really make IV breeding a ton easier because you can alternate between dittos with 31 in different stuff until you get good parents. Destiny Knot makes this gen super easy to IV breed imo.
Old October 23rd, 2013, 11:52 PM
이큐리
#nofilter
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
I finally got my first quint today.
Female Adamant Magikarp 31/31/31/x/31/31.

Now to get one with DW ability and egg moves. <3
Old October 24th, 2013, 03:36 AM
RingoH

Quote:
I think being able to RNG spoiled us all. But I used to IV breed in Gen III. I have not yet finished the game, but I am looking forward to getting there. Trust me, from what I've been reading this gen gave us practically stupid easy breeding. True, it's not RNG easy, but it's much easier than hours(or days) of chain breeding IV's like I used to (and oh, the fun of finally getting the Pokemon you wanted only to realize an egg move got bumped off by a father somewhere in the chain leveling up and deleting your egg moves and needing to start over... )

By the way...
How long should my 3DS battery last? I am getting very annoyed that I can only play for about an hour between charging. My 3DS was new in June, and Pokemon X/Y was my first actuall 3DS purchase (up till now been playing my DS games on it, and that is it, but was not using it often as most of the summer was not playing at all, or was using my Lite to RNG on). I have the brightness set to 1, and power save set to "on". and I keep the 3D set to off(gives me a headache), and the wireless set to off as well(until I decide to wonder trade, which so far is my favorite new feature). I get about an hour to hour and a half and then warnings pop up that the battery is about to die. I have nowhere I can sit and play next to an outlet so it can be plugged in while I play. Do I have a deffective 3DS? Or is this what the new generation of games really does?
Old October 24th, 2013, 10:01 AM
Absol
Community Supporter

It's not the IVs that are giving me trouble. It's the gender ratios and egg hatching times hnnnnnng. I got super lucky though and got a Bold natured female to breed with my quad flawless male Eevee so now it's just a matter of time until the game decides to give me a quint flawless Eevee that I want...

Yay go Mia :D That Gyarados is going to be scary D:

My 3DS battery lasts a good while but I don't know times. I know it's longer than an hour though even with wireless and 3D on and mine is not that new either.
Old October 24th, 2013, 12:11 PM
이큐리
#nofilter
Community Supporter

Quote:
It's not the IVs that are giving me trouble. It's the gender ratios and egg hatching times hnnnnnng. I got super lucky though and got a Bold natured female to breed with my quad flawless male Eevee so now it's just a matter of time until the game decides to give me a quint flawless Eevee that I want...

Yay go Mia :D That Gyarados is going to be scary D:

My 3DS battery lasts a good while but I don't know times. I know it's longer than an hour though even with wireless and 3D on and mine is not that new either.
I got a second one, but I gave her to Mac. XD
I'm training her while trying to get a DW one.
I think I'm going to breed Espurr next or Litleo.
Old October 24th, 2013, 12:17 PM
RingoH

Quote:
It's not the IVs that are giving me trouble. It's the gender ratios and egg hatching times hnnnnnng.
Yep. Gender ratio's on any of the mostly Males can be a pain. And egg hatching times on certain ones used to drive me bonkers... FYI: I never got into AR codes for fast egg hatches, so even when RNGing I deal with the long hatch times... Of course the big difference is that when you know you did your RNG correct you're only waiting on one egg to hatch.

I think the thing to learn is how PID/Gender/IV's are handled now. If I recall at one point Gender/Nature/Ability/Shiny were determined the moment the egg was ready, and IV's were generated the moment you accepted the egg. I do not recall how this was handled in Gen V as I never hatched eggs in Gen V. But if it works similar still, you can save in front of the day care man, take an egg. Do your long bike ride, and if you like the gender/nature/ability but not your IV's you reset and try again. Does anyone know if any kind of variation on this can work this generation???

Lastly:
Hidden Power breeding will certainly be effected by this all. I typically breed for a Hidden Power rather than all perfect IV's. That's going to be a little more guess work and trial and error now.
Old October 24th, 2013, 03:07 PM
LilJz
This is how we do!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
So I got a question, they have people that trade Pokemon on the GTS in which you can receive over and over again as many times as you want, are those Pokemon legit or are they hacked?
♥Plusle bro of Autumn Reverie♥ | ♥Pink Mommy, Autumn Reverie, Kanzler, Macarous & Apollo♥
|3DS FC|
Old October 24th, 2013, 04:19 PM
Griffinbane
I hate Smeargle.
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
My 3DS typically lasts about 3 hours so I'm not sure what's wrong with yours.

I finally have a Ditto Safari (didn't get it on this site, so don't bother asking). Wasting lots and lots of pokeballs and money to catch a triple flawless Ditto. Yay! Also, I have two male quad flawless Goomy now. Except that one's got a terrible nature and neither have the 31 in Special Attack. Yep, more breeding.
Terriermon and Lopmon

White: 1463 5558 5309
X: 2208 5685 5454
- - - -
Old October 24th, 2013, 04:30 PM
Absol
Community Supporter

YAY! Finally got a quint flawless Eevee :D It's female with Wish in a Premier Ball and IVs are 31/31/x/31/31/31. \o/ Now to breed it for more and then I can start adding some stock to my Gen VI section of my shop for all you guys who want them. :P

As far as I know there are no hacks since the coding hasn't been broken yet so those should be legal.
Old October 25th, 2013, 12:12 AM
이큐리
#nofilter
Community Supporter

So many quint karps, but all lacking HP or DEF or SPDEF or SPEED.
;-; I'm getting closer and then on to Goomy!
Old October 25th, 2013, 02:14 AM
Plumpyfoof

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Plumpyfoof
So I have a question, what do is the most sought after Pokemon with their Hidden Ability?
Old October 25th, 2013, 10:32 AM
Absol
Community Supporter

I'm not sure what's the most sought after but I do know that useful Hidden Abilities are being wanted a lot.

So I managed to breed the exact Eevee I wanted. 31/x/31/31/31/31 Female Bold with Wish in a Premier Ball :D Also got a 31/31/31/31/31/31 Male which I still can't believe I got. Keeping these to use as parents now for my massive Eevee army lol
Old October 25th, 2013, 10:48 AM
rebelxgirl

Nature: Timid
So I haven't gotten to the Safari thing yet in X, but I was curious if they'd set up a special "trade thread" or anything just to trade FCs for it.

Don't kill me if I disappear in a trade, I work in public safety, sometimes stuff happens. I'll be back.
I have a Rock type Friend Safari with Boldore, Corsola, & Barbacle. PM me to trade FCs.

Have a few legendaries & some rare Pokemon to complete my National dex. Clones or touch trades would be great. If we do touch trades, I do have some legendaries for touch trade only. Help is appreciated.
Old October 25th, 2013, 11:44 AM
이큐리
#nofilter
Community Supporter

I hatched my first hex flawless mon on X this morning.

Magikarp (M) | Swift Swim | 31/31/31/31/31/31

Leftover fodder.
Spoiler:
Magikarp (M) | Adamant | Rattled | 31/31/31/31/x/31
Magikarp (F) | Adamant | Rattled | 31/31/31/31/x/31
Magikarp (M) | Adamant | Rattled | 31/31/31/31/31/x
Magikarp (F) | Adamant | Rattled | 31/31/31/31/31/x
Magikarp (F) | Adamant | Rattled | 31/31/31/31/x/31
Magikarp (F) | Adamant | Rattled | 31/31/x/31/31/31
Magikarp (M) | Adamant | Rattled | 31/x/31/31/31/31
Magikarp (M) | Adamant | Rattled | 31/31/31/31/x/31
Magikarp (M) | Adamant | Rattled | 31/x/31/31/31/31
Magikarp (F) | Adamant | Rattled | x/31/31/31/31/31
Magikarp (M) | Adamant | Rattled | x/31/31/31/31/31
Magikarp (F) | Adamant | Swift Swim | x/31/31/31/31/31
Magikarp (M) | Adamant | Rattled | 31/31/x/31/31/31
Magikarp (F) | Adamant | Rattled | 31/x/31/31/31/31
Magikarp (M) | Adamant | Swift Swim | x/31/31/31/31/31
Magikarp (F) | Adamant | Swift Swim | 31/x/31/31/31/31
Magikarp (F) | Adamant | Swift Swim | x/31/31/31/31/31

Last edited by 이큐리; October 25th, 2013 at 12:12 PM.
Old October 25th, 2013, 12:19 PM
Griffinbane
I hate Smeargle.
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
imreedeer - EV isn't offering it, she's just showing people what she's gotten. You need the Quick Trade thread. Trading isn't allowed in this thread.
Terriermon and Lopmon

White: 1463 5558 5309
X: 2208 5685 5454
- - - -
Old October 25th, 2013, 01:20 PM
RingoH

Quote:
Originally Posted by miakalina View Post
I hatched my first hex flawless mon on X this morning.

Magikarp (M) | Swift Swim | 31/31/31/31/31/31
Congrats Mia!

I am a tiny bit jealous of all the people who have finished the main story and are working on such cool breeding projects. Tonight I am buying my son a 2DS which will stop a little of his jealousy over the 3DS.... and means I can trade between my X and Y, which means after my son goes to bed I plan to trade over a few of my German poke's and reset for starters (hahaha... shooting myself in the foot on getting through the game I know). So I have fun plans with my weekend... and if I comment again on not being far in the game I will have to admit there is a reason why...
Old October 25th, 2013, 10:41 PM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

I ain't got no good stinkin' babies yet >:(, but I did catch this Ditto just now:

Adamant : 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 21 - 23 / 24 - 27
Even if it's a short life, burn hot and bright and overtake the moment. That's my way of life.
Old October 25th, 2013, 10:46 PM
이큐리
#nofilter
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightBlade View Post
I ain't got no good stinkin' babies yet >:(, but I did catch this Ditto just now:

GRATS! So lucky. ;w;
I want some nice Dittos too.

/sad

EDIT:

I got my first quint for Goomy.

Goomy (M) | Bold | Hydration | 31/x/31/31/31/31

Last edited by 이큐리; October 25th, 2013 at 11:52 PM.
Old October 26th, 2013, 12:07 AM
Guts33

Argh I accidentally lost my freshly obtained Amulet Coin while wonder trading.. I'm a bit pissed haha.
Old October 26th, 2013, 03:00 AM
이큐리
#nofilter
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guts33 View Post
Argh I accidentally lost my freshly obtained Amulet Coin while wonder trading.. I'm a bit pissed haha.
That sucks. :(

For my breeding update. I have 5 male Goomy now all with 31/x/31/31/31/31 and finally just got a female with 31/x/31/31/31/31. Gotta use it to get one for Wiilio. :3
Old October 26th, 2013, 08:56 AM
Aeroblast
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
Surprisingly realized one of my Imposter Dittos have 31/31/x/31/31/x (It's Korean, by the way). I also have an English Honedge I got from wonder trade that has 31 Def IV. Perfect matchup? (Natures suck, though)

Last edited by Aeroblast; October 26th, 2013 at 09:08 AM.
Old October 26th, 2013, 10:19 AM
Absol
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightBlade View Post

Talk about lucky. You can make some awesome babies with that Ditto now and beat us all :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by miakalina View Post
GRATS! So lucky. ;w;
I want some nice Dittos too.

/sad

EDIT:

I got my first quint for Goomy.

Goomy (M) | Bold | Hydration | 31/x/31/31/31/31
I want Dittos too ;.; And congrats! :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guts33 View Post
That sucks a lot :( Although there is Luck Incense which can be bought in Courmarine City that also doubles the amount of money earned when held by a Pokemon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle View Post
Surprisingly realized one of my Imposter Dittos have 31/31/x/31/31/x (It's Korean, by the way). I also have an English Honedge I got from wonder trade that has 31 Def IV. Perfect matchup? (Natures suck, though)
You're very lucky lol You can always breed until you get the nature you want and then stick an everstone on that one and breed with it. I did that for my Eevees. Took awhile but better than having a bad nature with flawless or something lol
Old October 27th, 2013, 08:08 PM
Ooka
<3
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Ooka
Bred a couple new things since Shroomish. :D

Protean Froakie w/ 31/31/31/31/31/31 Timid

Ferroseed w/ 31/31/31/x/31/0 Relaxed and Stealth Rock/Leech Seed/Spikes Egg Moves

Really liking breeding now because it's like a Pokemon a day rather than a week or more.
Old October 27th, 2013, 08:22 PM
Aeroblast
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
Icy Snow and Sandstorm Vivillons... They're impossible to get, I'm telling you.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here