The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Trade Corner

Notices

Trade Corner Having trouble completing your Pokédex? Looking for a certain Pokémon or have a rare one to offer? This is your forum. Everything related to wireless trades can be discussed here.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 9th, 2014 (07:34 AM).
Cordelia
Banned

Nature: Sassy
Oh that'll be nice! Show us when you get a nice one <3
Old February 9th, 2014 (12:35 PM).
Absol
Community Supporter

I got bored of Masuading so I decided to go catch everything I can in every apricorn ball in HG. I'm actually enjoying playing HG more than X now, isn't that sad? :( The transferring is going to be a nightmare though since I already have 50+ caught so far and nowhere near done. D:
Old February 9th, 2014 (01:18 PM).
Wilhelm
The Lulu Fund

Nature: Adamant
That's because HG is the best Pokemon game ever. You should have played it a year ago when I told you to.
Old February 9th, 2014 (02:13 PM).
Absol
Community Supporter

I did play it a year ago! I caught my beautiful shiny Articuno in a Moon Ball last year!! :D But now with Apricorn Balls passing on in XY I have an actual reason to play it besides just RNGing. Also, got my Action Replay working on HG, turns out it was my lite that wasn't working on it, which isn't a problem anymore since that lite is broken now... Phats are really phat and awkward and so tiny after playing on a 3DS for months. D:
Old February 9th, 2014 (02:21 PM).
Aeroblast
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by EV♥ View Post
I got bored of Masuading so I decided to go catch everything I can in every apricorn ball in HG. I'm actually enjoying playing HG more than X now, isn't that sad? The transferring is going to be a nightmare though since I already have 50+ caught so far and nowhere near done. D:
Don't forget Safari Balls and Sport Balls.
Old February 9th, 2014 (02:47 PM).
Absol
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 루기아 View Post
Don't forget Safari Balls and Sport Balls.
Tabor did most of those already. Check out our shop for freebies! ;D
Old February 9th, 2014 (03:15 PM).
Aeroblast
Community Supporter

Trying my luck with 10 boxes of Safari Ball Surskits. If I don't hatch a shiny I'm just going to move on to Sport Ball Kricketots regardless.
Old February 9th, 2014 (03:56 PM).
Absol
Community Supporter

Good luck and hopefully you'll get a shiny! :D
Old February 9th, 2014 (04:21 PM).
Aeroblast
Community Supporter

Do you consider legitimate offspring from hacked Pokemon hacked? (i.e. Love Ball Eevee with Kalos mark)
Old February 9th, 2014 (04:25 PM).
Cordelia
Banned

Quote:
Do you consider legitimate offspring from hacked Pokemon hacked? (i.e. Love Ball Eevee with Kalos mark)
That's a hack because it's never possible to get Eevee in a Love Ball.
Old February 9th, 2014 (04:34 PM).
Aeroblast
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC View Post
That's a hack because it's never possible to get Eevee in a Love Ball.
It raises a certain issue, though, if the parents are illegal, is the offspring that was generated completely by the game illegal as well?

I'm asking this because someone offered me a shiny Moon Ball Yamask with Kalos mark (and obviously Yamask cannot be caught in Moon Ball), but I don't know if I should ever trade it here, let alone take the offer.
Old February 9th, 2014 (04:34 PM).
Cordelia
Banned

Quote:
It raises a certain issue, though, if the parents are illegal, is the offspring that was generated completely by the game illegal as well?

I'm asking this because someone offered me a shiny Moon Ball Yamask with Kalos mark (and obviously Yamask cannot be caught in Moon Ball), but I don't know if I should ever trade it here, let alone take the offer.
That would also be a hack. :P If the Pokemon cannot originally be in that ball, then it's hacked.
Old February 9th, 2014 (04:37 PM).
Aeroblast
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC View Post
That would also be a hack. If the Pokemon cannot originally be in that ball, then it's hacked.
It's generated entirely by the game's code, though. In that case it'd fall into odd category of legit but not legal. (and I just answered my own question)
Old February 9th, 2014 (04:56 PM).
Wilhelm
The Lulu Fund

Nature: Adamant
Legality is the most important thing. It's impossible to know what's legit without having caught something yourself.
Old February 9th, 2014 (05:02 PM). Edited February 9th, 2014 by Azire.
Azire
Mr. Premier Ball

Nature: Naughty
I thought about putting my Pokédex in special Gen 4 Balls but I prefer them to be uniform. Almost everything is available in Premier if I put the work in except Male Only/Genderless. I would expect them to be easier to find than they are though. DW Pokémon in Premier that is. My search continues!!

What is the method you guys gather eggs? You say you gather a bunch then hatch them but how do you go about gathering then hatching?
Please Leave A Review If We Trade
Trader Review Thread
Pairs: Champion Lunis
Old February 9th, 2014 (06:54 PM).
Absol
Community Supporter

I gather 5 by biking back and forth in front of daycare then I fly to the tower, stick a card under control stick, and then hit B every time an egg hatches, then after all 5 hatch fly to IV checker and WT all nonperfects. :D
Old February 9th, 2014 (07:03 PM).
Aeroblast
Community Supporter

No black Surskit for me, unfortunately. I'm going to move on to Kricketot next week. (if I have time)
Old February 9th, 2014 (07:13 PM).
Absol
Community Supporter

Aww that sucks :( I'm thinking of Masuading for Love Ball Cherubi again because I really love the pink color of it especially in sunny form. But then I really want a shiny Eevee D:
Old February 9th, 2014 (07:25 PM).
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Shiny Eevee...
Ugh, I still have no freaking luck on getting a shiny. >.>
Already WT 4 boxes since I started. =/
Old February 9th, 2014 (07:29 PM).
Absol
Community Supporter

Don't give up! It takes a ton of time to get a shiny. I'm on 50+ boxes now on Eevees alone. D: I think over 2,500 eggs total not sure, but definitely over 2,000. I have a box full of hex flawless alone to show just how long I've been at this. >.<
Old February 9th, 2014 (10:25 PM).
Griffinbane
I hate Smeargle.
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
I'm letting my shop die again. There's so many shops now and gosh, I want to do my own projects too! Luckily there's other people doing IV breeding requests now. (I AM NO LONGER ALONE)

Yeah, my current project is also getting stuff in gen 2 apricorn balls. I'm nowhere near as close as most other people are since I'm doing it on a challenge cart. Meaning once I actually beat this game, I'll have to reset it in order to start a new run. Derp derp derp

And as far as I'm concerned, you kids can take your shiny charms and shove it. I'm encountering more shinies without than you are with it. Nyeh nyeh nyeh nyeh nyeh! Want this Lapras? YOU CAN'T HAVE IT! :B

White: 1463 5558 5309
X: 2208 5685 5454
- - - -
Old February 10th, 2014 (03:32 AM).
Ghost Lunis
BOO!
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAzire View Post

What is the method you guys gather eggs? You say you gather a bunch then hatch them but how do you go about gathering then hatching?
I like to grab a box full of eggs plus 5 in the party by biking in front of the day care center. Then after i have all 35 eggs, I got to the tower and bike around it. I mainly use a metal lugia coin I got several years ago in a tcg deck to push the joystick, but I will use anything handy, from my key card for work to one of my wife's earrings. As soon as I hop on my bike and insert the moving device, I activate the hatching o-power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffinbane View Post
And as far as I'm concerned, you kids can take your shiny charms and shove it. I'm encountering more shinies without than you are with it. Nyeh nyeh nyeh nyeh nyeh! Want this Lapras? YOU CAN'T HAVE IT! :B
I had better luck before it too. They should have called it the "non-shiny charm". XD
Old February 10th, 2014 (04:45 AM).
RingoH

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunis View Post
I had better luck before it too. They should have called it the "non-shiny charm". XD
I finally got mine Saturday. The last 20 or so felt so annoying because there were all ones I just needed to egg hatch, which just felt redundent to do. Then the very last was a Porygon2 because I thought I had already done that one, luckily I had enough BP to go buy an upgrade and trade it.

I'm not looking to try too hard to MM anything though, as I never had luck with Shinys to begin with.... I just wanted to acctually complete my national dex.

My new project is to finally RNG all my Pokemon stuck in the Entree Forrest in all my Gen V games. I have around 100 waiting on B2/W2 each... and probably 50 or so on my B/W games. It should acctually go pretty quick as I won't be aiming for specific natures, only specific spreads (In part for those that are unfamiliar with Entralink abuse, the other Pokemon in the forest cause the nature to shift like walking NPC's).
Old February 10th, 2014 (05:06 AM).
Ghost Lunis
BOO!
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RingoH View Post

I'm not looking to try too hard to MM anything though, as I never had luck with Shinys to begin with.... I just wanted to acctually complete my national dex.
this is the first gen that I have actually had any luck at all with encountering or hatching shinies. I've played since the beginning (with the exception of hoenn, that came out in my dazed and confused years) and never once had my own shiny. I was typically a trader and cloner in gen 5, amassing almost a complete shiny dex at one point. The thrill of getting your very own without the use of rng, sv, AR, pokegen, or anything else is AMAZING.
Old February 10th, 2014 (05:20 AM).
RingoH

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunis View Post
this is the first gen that I have actually had any luck at all with encountering or hatching shinies. I've played since the beginning (with the exception of hoenn, that came out in my dazed and confused years) and never once had my own shiny. I was typically a trader and cloner in gen 5, amassing almost a complete shiny dex at one point. The thrill of getting your very own without the use of rng, sv, AR, pokegen, or anything else is AMAZING.
I used to soft reset a LOT for my legendaries. At one point I did not collect my legendaries at all hoping for time to soft-reset for shinies. When I learned to RNG I did that for all my legendaries. I have not really missed RNG this generation, as I find it much more satifying to just play the game the way it was meant to be played, and hope for th best. I decided that since Legendaries are most likely shiny locked like last Gen that not worrying about not having the shiny Pokemon, and just hope for the best with it and have fun. This generation all my shiny's have come from the GTS, but the time I did not spend RNGing half my encounters was spent on being able to complete my national Dex, something I did not do in any gen 4 OR Gen 5 game.

I HAVE tried with no luck to chain fish, and chain radar.... but both get boring(for me) quickly. I play these games to breed, and collect. The meathods to search for that one shiny you want do not hold my attention span. The one time I DO finally encounter a shiny of my own I will be overjoyed to say the very least. But for not, it's a brief break from this Gen. Once I have all my Dream World Pokemon transfered over so I can breed dream balls I'll start back in on breeding in this Gen.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links